Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #931
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarbingMe
Stats: 285.6/265.6/??
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/29/14
Hey all Sorry I've been a tad MIA lately. These radiation treatments are kicking my butt fatigue wise. I come home from work and am ready to fall asleep. However, it seems that no matter how much sleep I get, I just need MORE!!! lol This weekend, I probably got about 24 hours from Friday at noon to Sunday at three. Well, good news is I'm down to only 27 treatments left.

Otherwise, all is going well. I'm still on my plan with both feed and water. No cheats. I'm down to 270 as of this morning, so that's a 15.6 pound loss in about 29 days.

Lori-you golf correct? I always wanted to learn to golf but I had an instructor tell me once that the size of my breasts (which are pretty big) would hinder a good shot. I'd like to take lessons again once I can lose some weight. It seems like it would be a fun sport that can keep you fit.

Kauaimom-Chipotle is on my list to try next. They just built one semi close to where I am in the Houston area, so i'm going to check it out at some point.

Ugh I know I'm missing people and I apologize for that....I'm so sleepy again

Nicole
LoCarbingMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #932
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
We are on Oahu near Diamond Head. We love Kauai, too. We used to vacation there quite a bit. Hubby has been to Molokai, but I haven't.

We LOVE living there, but also travel quite a bit. We won't be home until September.
Hi Seabreezes, I think you were the one who directed me to this thread with all of these nice ladies....thank you!!!
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #933
Major LCF Poster!

Just keep your strength up and make sure to eat. Did your mother come to cook for you?
15.6 is really good weight loss for a month. What diet are you doing?
Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Meme you are so right about someone having to control them
they aren't doing LC but I sure have cut so much junk from the house that at least they are improving their diets (well, most times). I tried to 'really' change them when I started...I got a revolt.

Blue keep on trucking down that scale. You are losing vacation bloat, I am off for 10 days and gonna be fighting gaining vacation bloat! But I feel this trip will be more controlled so I do like that.

Food Lady...yes jack up the protein. make ya feel better. good to listen to your body and know how to correct.

LowCarbingMe---WOW. 15.6 Sweet! You keep on rocking the lc way. Sorry about your being so tired. GET all the rest ya can. It is key to recover, get thru this without worry and get the sleep ya need. Being active in your health and changing yourself while fighting medical problems is so smart and courageous of you!! You take care of yourself!!

-------good day yesterday. went higher into carbs. didn't count, but in my head I was in the 30 range. WOOF. too high for me. Will be better today and drop that down a bit.

not hungry so bacon and eggs for lunch later

dinner, some kind of chicken. with asparagus. got a hankering for asparagus

kiddo has friend coming over to swim/play, stay til later tonight, so I guess pizza for them for dinner.

off for a few errands then back to getting ready to leave.

everyone be good LC people today!!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:55 AM   #935
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013

My neighbor died last night. He was such a fine guy, husband of one of my best friends, father of 2 great kids. We raised our families together, so many holiday parties, vacations and just any old nights spent together over scrabble games in front of the fire, or warm nights on the back deck under the stars, thinking how lucky we were to have each other.

It has been coming for a long time, and we knew his days were limited. Still, it's always a shock when it's finally real. He leaves a hole in our lives that will not be filled, and my heart aches for my dear friend/his wife, his beautiful 12 year old daughter who will miss him forever, and his sweet older step son, for whom he stepped in as a father and always called him "my boy."

He was just 56. It's such a sad thing when we lose the good ones way too soon.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:08 AM   #936
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Good morning all you LC diehards!

Nicole: Glad to see your post and I agree with Trigger about you being courageous in your attempt to change yourself while facing medical challenges. And that was a great weight loss. Hope you get some strength back soon.

Trigger: You will be mega missed, but I hope you and your family have a great vacation. If you stay LC, great. If you do just OK LC, good. If you lose to a banana peel, we will be here to support you and get you back to where you were pre-vacay. So you are good to go whatever happens because you have a rock star attitude about this woe!

Blue: Amazing again. Those are my kind of directions! Detailed and thorough. Thank-you. Will pick up some pork tenderloins at TJ's and give this a try. Also the green beans. And maybe the watermelon. Goal is to get about 15-20 favs. Also thinking I need some "grab-it" kind of favs and then some other favs I will make when I have the time to do it. Your last post is back a page and don't want to lose this typing...I can't remember what else your post was about.

Me: So thankful for the new math. Trigger, you are "Eagle Eyes," and saw it right away. Was wondering if anyone would notice. It will be fun for me just to slip some new math in when it changes. Hoping for another change in the math (a good change) some time during the month of September. Only posting when it is in multiples of ten.

Off for a walk now. Knee is kinda bad, but will take it easy.

Food for me is omelet for breakfast, Chick-Avo sandwich for lunch (two slices of Onion Roll, equal to one carb...sauteed mr's and onions, avocado, tomato slice, sc, chicken) and my home-made soup and maybe a steak for supper. Oh and for sure, one treat...either the Hansen's Dreamsicles or Blue's Berry Bites. I LOVE both of them. Maybe will have one of each!

What a fun way to eat. I have not eaten this healthy...consistently....my whole life. I think this woe is why I feel so vibrant, so hopeful, and so Cap D!

KMom 10x2
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #937
Senior LCF Member

Blue: I don't know why, but your post above was not there when I started my post.

So sorry about the loss of your neighbor. My heart goes out to his wife and daughter and step-son. I know that pain. I remember you sharing about this a few weeks ago...how he did not have much time left. I am glad for all the happy times you had together. Hoping you can have some more Scrabble games together with his wife, and some good long talks. Maybe some times you will just need to listen. I remember when I experienced this, sometimes I wanted to talk, and sometimes I didn't. Sometimes the only thing I could do was breathe and put one foot in front of the other. Knowing this friend so well, I am sure you will know how to support her.

KMom 10x2
Old 07-29-2014, 08:01 AM   #938
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/193/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Blue...so sad to read of the loss of your friend/neighbor. Much too young. I'm sure your friendship will mean even more to his wife now that she has to adjust to a new "normal". (((Hugs)))

Trudging along here..2 days of boot camp under my belt and eating is ok. Not great, but ok.

I didn't sleep very well last night as hubby left yesterday for the beach with part of our extended family. I'm not used to sleeping alone. Once I got to sleep, I did ok, just took me too long to nod off. This morning I had to do all the "chores". Feed the birds & the deer and bring the trash can in from the curb. All that stuff that he usually does! He'll be back on Friday afternoon. Miss him already!

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue so sorry about your neighbor. I am sure it will be a huge change for their family and sending prayers their way It is not easy when big changes hit like that. they saw it coming and had a chance for goodbye and knew they could say they loved each other and more...my neighbor was 52 and totally unexpected. Joanne has so many questions unanswered and it is weighing on her heavily. In fact she popped over this morning saying she is going crazy with all his stuff (work, construction) etc. It is killing her to HAVE to deal with it.

these things are never easy. one thing I always hope is it makes others remember to live a good life while they can and have some sense and organization of their affairs in life while here.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #940
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Food Lady
Oh, Blue, I'm so sorry. It's awesome to have framily.
Food Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:13 AM   #941
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SlegneSis
Hello all,
Just checking in. I have been having internet problems. My server is unreliable some days.

Not really going well on LC yet, although I am trying new things. Made the soup that Kmom makes each week and that tastes good. So using that for lunch. Snacks are a problem, but following Triggers advice and will make up some bacon and hard-boiled eggs to have handy. Also plan to make the SF jello/cream cheese recipe today.

Mealtimes are going OK, it is between meals that is the problem. I need to load up on protein for a few days to get rid of the sugar highs and lows.

I ordered the onion rolls and lavash bread that Kmom likes, but the delivery from Netrition is slow. They are building a Trader Joe's in our town. It was supposed to open Oct 1st and now is delayed to 2015 (even though the building seems to be going up quickly). That will help, since some of you refer to getting specialty items at TJ.

Cannot exercise due to severe muscle and joint problems. Also fighting the side effects of my many medicines, including long term Prednisone. Some of these meds give you an appetite, which is something I do not need help with.

Thanks for all the tips. It is hard to absorb everything at once. At least my head is in the right place to get going on this. I just need my body to give up the sugar/carbs.

Sis
SlegneSis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #942
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlegneSis View Post
Hello all,
Just checking in. I have been having internet problems. My server is unreliable some days.

Not really going well on LC yet, although I am trying new things. Made the soup that Kmom makes each week and that tastes good. So using that for lunch. Snacks are a problem, but following Triggers advice and will make up some bacon and hard-boiled eggs to have handy. Also plan to make the SF jello/cream cheese recipe today.

Mealtimes are going OK, it is between meals that is the problem. I need to load up on protein for a few days to get rid of the sugar highs and lows.

I ordered the onion rolls and lavash bread that Kmom likes, but the delivery from Netrition is slow. They are building a Trader Joe's in our town. It was supposed to open Oct 1st and now is delayed to 2015 (even though the building seems to be going up quickly). That will help, since some of you refer to getting specialty items at TJ.

Cannot exercise due to severe muscle and joint problems. Also fighting the side effects of my many medicines, including long term Prednisone. Some of these meds give you an appetite, which is something I do not need help with.

Thanks for all the tips. It is hard to absorb everything at once. At least my head is in the right place to get going on this. I just need my body to give up the sugar/carbs.

Sis
Sis, Check out this thread. It will give you a lot of good factual ideas...
Some thoughts and reminders from the Atkins Center...
Old 07-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #943
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SlegneSis----remember also snacks are one of the hardest things to ''replace''.
it is hard to replace chips, cheese doodles, cakes, pastry, fast food, fries, and a ton of other nasty chemical products we have become addicted too and love the taste.

Eat a meal. Point blank.

sometimes I search for a snack and realize NOTHING is going to make me happy.

SO I MAKE A FULL MEAL. one I love and just stuff myself with LC to the max and come away a happy camper, stayed on plan, hunger is GONZO and I know I did the right thing.

I was searching the house 'for something to munch'. instead I made alot of sauteed cubed chicken, then put bacon and cheese on it and under the broiler to melt and woofed it down. this wasn't meal time, this was snack time. next day I dropped like 2 lbs. SEE...eat LC meals if required.

it isn't about calories at first. IT IS TOTALLY about staying on plan. Eating all ya need of LC meals to keep you off the junk. rely on some sugar free things to help in the beginning.

it is all about that initial change. if you WANT later you drop things, like fake sweetners etc. you can but don't think that far yet. It is all about staying on plan NOW. the initial hard change. If you want change to more natural made foods etc. later you can work that in.

BUT in the beginning the change is hard. hard!! So you use every single trick and tip to keep on LC plan. get rid of those other foods out of your mind and off your list to eat.
THEN when control happens (and you will get it, believe me) you can tweak eating way more to fit your lifestyle.

HANG IN THERE. this will work for ya!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 07-30-2014 at 09:39 AM..
Old 07-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #944
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So doing good today.
LC yesterday was spot on and about 11 carbs.

today is packing and work around to get ready for trip.

just busy. blacksmith coming in a bit.

everyone hold the course. IT IS ALL ABOUT CHANGE and that is stinking HARD but we can do this. we got each other's back
Old 07-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #945
Senior LCF Member

Just popping in for a quick Hello!

This week is getting away from me! It seems like I have somewhere to run to all the time this week! Eating has been pretty good. Not a lot of junk.....just a few treats. I'm not expecting a loss as I would have had to have a stellar week for that to happen. Not beating myself up.....it's just the way it is right now. I'll weigh in as planned on Friday and see where I am. September 1st is coming quickly when the hammer comes down on my eating!

Hope you're all having a good week!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #946
Senior LCF Member

Hi to my fellow LC'ing buds!

Sis: Hope you can get in the groove soon. I love this woe and feel so good!

I walked a lot today (one mile the first time and 3/4 mile the second time). That is a lot for me. I got a FitBit and my goal is to get to 10K steps a day. I will end today at about 7,500 so I am on my way.

Ate great today. Was a little more hungry than usual (maybe the walking) so had some extra protein to protect against making bad choices.

Hoping to see a new number tomorrow morning, which would put me on my way to some new math!

Continue to be Cap D!

KMom 10x2
Old 07-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #947
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

First of all, thank you all for your caring, thoughtful words. They were appreciated.

We have been very busy these last 2 days, helping our neighbor plan the service, which will be this Sunday in a beautiful park.

A couple of things really stand out to me in this sad time. One is that our community, our neighborhood, friends and family, are the things that make our world go around, no matter what's happening in the headlines.

I am so proud of my neighborhood, and how we've stepped up to the challenge, divided up chores and jobs, and not one sour note in it all. Everyone just wants to do whatever helps, egos are not involved. It's as lovely of an example of the sheer force of love as one could hope to experience.

The other thing I want to share, is that life just insists on going on. I have experienced this before upon the death of loved ones. You are so full of grief, and then all of a sudden you find yourself bursting out w/laughter. Tonight I had a long planned happy hour w/colleagues and I really didn't feel like going.

But I told myself, Blue, life goes on, and now is not a bad time to learn this again. Had a lovely time in an outdoor cafe, lots of laughs, and a nice respite from the sadness. This not a betrayal of our mourning, but rather a toast to life, and it strengthened me tonight.

Trigger---your last post up from mine here is BRILLIANT. You SO know your stuff on LC, and I agree w/every word you wrote.

I have stayed on plan these last days, although I did have a close call the night my neighbor died. It just so happened that before he passed away, my husband made a big pasta dish he and my son love. Before I got the news, I wasn't tempted at all, am used to it, and am able to just walk away Renee, having other plans for my meal.

But then, after the news, when we got home from paying our respects w/our neighbor, that big bowl of pasta sat on our counter still, as the clock just stopped when we heard our neighbor had died.

And I had this moment when I thought "What's it all about Alfie, anyway. I should just have a big bowl of pasta to drown my sorrows, because up against life and death, who cares?

But, I didn't. I came so close, but then walked away telling myself, go and have yourself a good cry Blue, that will do you some good. The pasta, not so much.

Wheeeeew. Made it through a tough time on plan. The more you do it, the more it's a habit, the more you can make better decisions, even when days are bluer than blue.

BTW, a couple references to old songs tonight. Don't know why they all popped up in my head to quote here, and wondering how many of you saw them.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #948
Senior LCF Member

Saw both! Fun to incorporate songs into your post.

Thanks for sharing from you heart. Good, wise words.

KMom 10x2
Old 07-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #949
Major LCF Poster!

Kmom---there are actually three! But happy to know I'm not so old that no one knows what I was talking about at all. And I certainly didn't set this up as a quiz, but when I reread my post before submitting, I myself was surprised at how much I had "borrowed" from old songs on this night.

And now that I'm coming up to the surface again, from that deep dive into grief, although more tears still to be shed for sure, but recovering enough to join in again, I just want to tell you that I DID and DO notice the X2! And, that tonight I want to celebrate with you, for how very well you've done. Bravo, girl.

And that's the best of life, right? While we're lucky enough to be here, we want to take all our happy moments, and all our successes and run w/them---make them the most important things, instead of our failures and our disappointments.

You've done SO well Kmom. And that makes me happy, even in a sadder time.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:14 AM   #950
Senior LCF Member

Loved your post Blue!

I could have stayed in bed this morning. I hauled myself up and out and went to boot camp, but it was a struggle. I'm hoping to make it tomorrow as well.

I took a peek at the scale this morning and as I feared, I'm up 2 lbs from my low. My official weigh in will be tomorrow and I'll move on from there. I've been doing a lot of feeling sorry for myself eating this week as I'm missing hubby. He's at the beach and I'm stuck at home. Wah, Wah, Wah!

The month of August has got to be my transition from eating with abandon to getting under control. The month of Sept is going to be a very strict month. I have to get some more of this weight off before I go on a 13 night cruise in October. Can you imagine how much I'll gain on that trip? I'm going to try to keep it under control, but at the same time, I'm not going to make myself miserable if I really want to eat something "naughty".

You all are doing so well and are my inspiration for getting back on the straight and narrow.

Hugs to all!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:13 AM   #951
Major LCF Poster!

Mornin' gals,

Lori---I've never been on a cruise, but from what I've read here it can be pretty easy to eat LC on one. I remember a gal posting that due to the buffets and many choices offered it was her best vacation on plan ever.

Down to 177.0 this am, which is a new number for me. Been at 177.4 before, weeks ago. Now I'd like to see 175 some time in August, looking forward to getting some distance from the 180s, would like to leave them far behind, actually. My calories have been lower lately, not that I'm forcing that, it's just happened, and I think it's making a difference, as my carbs have been between 30 and 35, which I wasn't losing on.

Will be back to check in more later.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #952
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back, where is everyone today?

Anyway, nice quiet day, got a lot of work done at home. My newly widowed neighbor/great friend came down this morning, and we found her something nice to wear to the funeral in my closet. She is not a girly girl, and doesn't invest much in clothes. She also knows how to slice a dime and was thrilled to find something she feels good in at my house, where it's free. She looked so pretty today in everything she tried on---she's one of such natural beauty---inside and out.

We have almost everything pulled together now for the service. It's going to be a beautiful good bye.

So far today just a steamed artichoke w/butter and mayo, and some pork rinds and salsa. Not much of the latter, so I'm feeling hungry about now.

Hubby is grilling steaks, and making his great green beans, and I'll make a little salad too. So another good day on the woe, in carbs and calories. I want that 175!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:00 PM   #953
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

Blue: Thanks for your words last night. They meant a lot to me. I am really trying and feel Cap D, but yet I don't want to get over-confident. I have had an unhealthy relationship with food for most of my life. Finally, I feel that the tables are turning and "I" am in control, and not the other way around.

That was a very touching story about your neighbor coming to your house to find something to wear. I am sure that was a bright spot in the middle of a hard, hard time.

Me: Well, I have to say I am very proud of myself. Again, today, I found myself in a very compromising situation as far as food goes. I was at the doctor with my daughter who was going to get a procedure done. Well, it did not go well. In fact, we had to reschedule. So after I dropped her off at her place, I drove home thinking about the situation. And then my mind and eyes fixated on all those restaurant billboards on the side of the highway...you know the ones that tell you which restaurants will be at the next exit. Again, like what happened a few weeks ago, I internalized all the memories of exactly what I used to eat at each of them and WHAT I WOULD EAT TODAY IF I STOPPED. It was very strange and I luckily was aware of the power it was having over me. So again, I burrowed my brows, leaned forward in my seat, stuck my chin out, and pointed home! And drove home! Had four tuna melts right away. Didn't even bother to put them in the toaster oven...just nuked them. They hit the spot!

I want to me posting with you guys for many years to come. That will mean I have stayed the course. I might even be at goal (although that is pretty far away). But I have a "can do" attitude and am feeling Cap D for sure.

Rock on!

KMon 10x2
Old 07-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #954
Senior LCF Member

Maybe you furrow brows and not burrow them?????
Old 08-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #955
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Food Lady
I find I don't have as many chocolate cravings as I used to, and I can walk by Oreos. Amazing.
Food Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:27 AM   #956
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue it is great your friend has someone like you to rely on!! I told Joanne if she felt horrible to come right over to my house if needed People need someone to help them thru these times. Well, I didn't see her for a few days after the funeral so I walked next door and BOY she needed me right then and there. she was in bed all day, feel depressed and she chatted it out and felt better after I left. It is people needing people in hard times! Glad you are there for her!!!

congrats on getting to that 175 soon!! I know it is right around the corner for you!!

KM---yes I know that feeling of 'seeing' billboard or signs or whatever and thinking, hmmm. You burrow or furrow those brows and keep on trucking by! good job!

Lori you and me both gotta get strict. we are monkeying around too much. I am like you...getting nowhere and after this trip I have nothing on my plate. so it is me time to lose

-------packing and getting everything in order to leave for 11 days. head out tomorrow morning.

I got alot of LC food. best I can hope is the restaurants are very far away LOL and that will help my vacay control.

like I said above when I get back it is going to be like induction time for me. school will start in a few weeks after we get back and then everything changes into control time for me which I love.

everyone be good and I will see ya'll in 11 days. keep the lc way and fight for it!
not bringing computer cause no wifi where I will be. secluded in a florida state park LOL
but we love that am bringing my kayak so hopefully I can get in some real physical workout type days. I want to move on this trip but also some great relaxing on the beach.

stay true all and chat later !!! CAP D to all!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:57 AM   #957
Senior LCF Member

Trig! Have an awesome vacation! 11 days.........sounds like heaven!

I managed 4 days of boot camp this week, so I'm quite happy with myself. That 2 lbs I'm up will be gone in no time. I have decided to give myself till next Thursday to get back to the weight in my stats. If I don't , I'll change it to the higher number. Have to own it, right?

I'm hoping to get about 10-15 lbs off before our big cruise in October. I have gotten a bunch of new clothes that look great on me now, but will look even better with 10 lbs or so off. Much more than that and they will be too big. When I think of my goal weight, I have to remember that I have more muscle now than I have ever had, so the number may be higher, but I'll look leaner. I'm all for that!

Hubby is coming home today, so I'm in a happy mood. I've been lonely this week!

I'm off for the golf course early tomorrow morning. I'm in charge of a tournament. I won it last year, so this year I have to run it. Doesn't seem fair, does it? No biggie......its a small tournament.

Hope you all have a great weekend and safe travels Trig!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #958
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, everyone!

Cap D this morning more than ever! And yet a steady Cap D. Not like excited, over the top exhilaration. Just a day by day Cap D. Consistent feeling. Hope that makes sense.

Trigger: Will miss you plenty. You add a lot to my life.

Lori: I like your outlook and motivation. You are doing fairly well even in the midst of a packed, food tempting summer with all your golf activities. Excited to see the "Fall Lori."

FoodLady: Amazing is right! I remember from some of your earlier posts how much chocolate meant to you.

Blue: "Hubby is grilling steaks" - - - Oh, how many times recently I wished I could say that. And my hubby WOULD HAVE grilled steaks and would have believed so much in me and would have been my biggest fan. But it is not to be, and this day I am thankful for so much and want to live life to its fullest, even if it sucks being a widow.

Me: Off to a great start this day. Got my walk in, pulled some weeds on my way into the house, and now have some appointments to go to and some errands to run. I can't remember if I told you guys that I bought a FitBit. I love it! Sometimes at the end of the day I walk back forth in my house just to get in some more steps. My high so far has been 7,600. My goal is to make 10,000.

Hang tough everyone!

KMom 10x2
Old 08-01-2014, 09:14 AM   #959
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Food Lady View Post
I find I don't have as many chocolate cravings as I used to, and I can walk by Oreos. Amazing.
FoodLady You go girl!!

Me, I've been busy training my baby St Bernard. He is 12 weeks old today and 30 lbs now. He is so smart and has given me direct eye contact since the day I brought him home. He is such a joy...
Old 08-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #960
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals---

Food Lady---Excellent! Always good when you can walk by the Oreos.

Trigger---Have a fabulous time on your trip. Wow, 11 days! Last time I was on a vacation that long was my honeymoon. We should all take more time off IMO, if only we could. Refreshes the mind, the body and the spirit. Love that you have a kayak!

It will be interesting to hear how it goes for you, and keep in mind if you start good and hold for as long as you can, you really cut down on the damage. And, sounds like it won't be as convenient on this vacation to hit all those tempting restaurants.

We'll all miss you!

Lori---Yes, so true about the muscle. Plus just the daily act of building that muscle in your boot camp and on the golf course really fools with the amt. of water weight your body is carrying from day to day.

Kmom---Loved, loved, loved your story about "sitting forward in your seat, sticking your chin out, and pointing that car for home," and staying on plan. IMO, this woe just gets better and easier the more investment you have in it. Now that you've lost 20 pounds, you have a bigger reason to just "walk on by." LOL, there I go again.

Was very touched by your words about "hubby is grilling some steaks." Made me think of my neighbor too---Squeezed my heart for both of you. It takes A LOT Of courage to re-build a life after losing a mate, but I think you're a gal with A LOT of courage.

Meme---Oh, a puuuuuuupppppppppy! Lord, I love puppies---their soft fur, their breath, their chubby little tummies, they are SUCH happiness!

Wow, Super-D-Dooper busy week, between helping my neighbor and work. And boy, I can sure see that it's going to be a VERY crazy fall on the job, so many projects piling up, but I feel blessed to have the work, so many don't.

Bounced up over 2 pounds this morning. You'd think I'd be used to it by now as they call me "Bouncin' Blue." I have always bounced my way down.

Had a good day on plan yesterday, more calories, but nothing out of the ball park or even close, and carbs were about 25. Just particularly aggravating when I hit that 177 again, FINALLY. And then 2 1/2 pounds up!
Oh well, just shows to go you, the body has a mind of its own.