Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgoody2shoes View Post
Hi LCF's,

Yesterday was rough keeping anything down. I was just trying to keep from getting dehydrated. We had this stomach bug running rampant through our house for the last 2 weeks so it was impossible to escape it. My stomach feels a little better today finally. Hopefully the food goes well today. I'm not happy with the liquid diet at all.

I lost another 2 pounds which I'm not all that happy with because it's unhealthy. 3 pounds in 2 days is not the way I want to do this. I don't have much of a choice so I guess I have to take it.

Have a good day on plan!
Well that's the one good thing about getting sick. You lose weight! Take it girl
GoBahnsen is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
are ya kidding MsGoody? LOL I loved the 'sick weight loss' but key is eat lighter when healthy cause it comes back if ya don't.

rare I get sick to the 'weight loss' mode of sick---but when ya do....run with it.

somehow it 'resets' the body. if you eat light when recovering, then it sticks and believe me anything down the scale is good--cause you are sick anyway right?, just roll with it and maintain that loss.

sounds strange but if we take what we can get, it all works out in the end if lc is the key eating.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Yes I know. I'll take it obviously. I just want to get healthy. Not get into another unhealthy eating thing. I am going to keep it light today. I'm thinking just toast for today and see how my body handles that.

I have lost 15 pounds now! I'm loving that. My goal to lose 20 by my birthday seems highly possible now. 5 more pounds in about 3 weeks. It's doable I think or pretty darn close. I'll be in the 140's soon which I haven't seen in 10 years. I'm happy with 140's for sure! I'm getting there.

I also just realized 17 pounds is halfway to goal. So I'm almost at the halfway point!!

Last edited by Msgoody2shoes; 03-25-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Msgoody2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi all,

My dogger is much better today. Turns out it was the Lyme's disease. One day on meds and she's back to wagging her tail and she can walk again. Man, that was scary, specially when they started talking about the possibility of meningitis, which does not have a good prognosis for dogs. She had a fever of 106 which like in humans, is scary high. What's weird is it all came on in a day, none of us can remember seeing any symptoms except for a slight limp the night before. Then by noon yesterday, she couldn't stand up. Anyhow, we are one happy and relieved family today.

Thanks all, for your caring words. They all add up when things go wrong, and help a person through it.

Gobah---yeah, my humor button was not on last night, kind of beside myself. Sorry I missed that you were kidding, and thanks for understanding. Now that I'm feeling spunky again, it's time to get back to judging you.

Trigger---Glad you're feeling a bit better. I hear that killer LC instinct rising in you again. You'll blow away those 3 pounds of bloat in no time and then it's on to 195! I'm excited for you to get away from that Onderland line so you never end up there again!

Lori---Hope the hubby is feeling better. I don't know about yours, but mine is a bear when he's sick. He can't stand not being able to do everything he wants to do. He's the always busy doing something kind of guy. Sounds like a fun weekend coming up w/the sissy. Just try to not make all the fun about food, right?

Msgoody---Here's to being in the 140s! Love it when we cross down over a big number. You've done so well!

So today I dropped down to a half pound above my low, 181.5. Up and down over these same numbers for 2 months now. But the good news is I can feel and see a difference the scale will not agree to, but it's there.

Today I took a pair of capris I bought for my trip to Cartagena last fall--- half way into my weight loss and so thrilled I could wear them---to Sew What to be altered. The sewer said "Oh, you've lost a lot of weight! The only way I could make these pants look good on you now is to totally re-make them. Are they worth the money to do that?"

Well, no they were not. But never been so happy to hear bad news! So I'm taking them and some other "fat" clothes to a local department store for their Good Will Sale. You bring in gently worn old clothes, and get great coupons!
ALL IS GOOD.

Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, a total fave of mine. Hubby and I are going to cozy up in front of the TV with our beloved pup, rub her belly and scratch behind her ears all night long.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Hi all,

My dogger is much better today. Turns out it was the Lyme's disease. One day on meds and she's back to wagging her tail and she can walk again. Man, that was scary, specially when they started talking about the possibility of meningitis, which does not have a good prognosis for dogs. She had a fever of 106 which like in humans, is scary high. What's weird is it all came on in a day, none of us can remember seeing any symptoms except for a slight limp the night before. Then by noon yesterday, she couldn't stand up. Anyhow, we are one happy and relieved family today.

Thanks all, for your caring words. They all add up when things go wrong, and help a person through it.

Gobah---yeah, my humor button was not on last night, kind of beside myself. Sorry I missed that you were kidding, and thanks for understanding. Now that I'm feeling spunky again, it's time to get back to judging you.
Thank the Lord for yer dog getting better. That's great.

Yeah...so now it's time to start judging me again. I love it! Judge on. Bring it.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Blue so glad your doggie is improved! The right meds work wonders!! It is a huge relief when medical stuff is corrected for sure!

Cool on the pants! that is one great NSV!

MsGoody---you stay the course and keep on rocking it! You are doing very well on this plan and results are happening for ya!!

Eh, I am up another I bad last night. didn't care. ate big old honking scoop of mashed potatoes and gravy then had cake with hubby for dessert. I don't even like cake but I ate it anyway. WHY? no clue. cause I could? I really don't know. no craving, nothing, but thought, who cares.

who cares is a very very bad attitude for me to have. I got that general 'in a rut' feeling. bleck, but I will get over it. So now I gotta lose another on top of the other lbs. story of my life right now it seems!

but it is ok. I am a lc gal. not going to jump ship or anything.

I have been getting away from my 'normal' lc meals. I gotta get back to basics again. this is always important to me. KISS--keep it simple stupid! LOL At least I am realizing it fast before more damage can be done so that helps.

so back to basic meals I ate when I started lc long ago. my induction type meals. that will help me. think induction and clean up my act and get a forward motion happening.

all good! just gotta work it.

everyone hold strong. we can do this!!
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:58 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Morning!

Blue...so glad your "baby" is feeling so much better! The wonders of modern medicine!

Trig...we all have those "I don't give a damn" days. The trick is to not let them turn into dayS, weeks, months. You'll get back on track....no problem.

I got all my stuff done yesterday......new battery in the car, alarm system batteries replaced etc. Too much sitting around though. Sat at the car dealership for 2 hrs. Sat at home waiting for ADT man.......sigh. Plus, my husband, bless him, brought me a kid size peanut butter milkshake for lunch. He called and asked me if I wanted one and I said "Well, it wasn't in the plan for today, but sure!" I'm weak..... Guess that makes yesterday a high carb day!

Rough boot camp session this morning. Have I told you how much I hate burpees?

Ok..time for a coffee refill. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shapeup
Stats: 222/xxx/170
WOE: LC
Start Date: Dec.2006 / restart Oct.13,2012
checking back in.

Weight today was 186.5 lost 4 lbs so far.

Went to my water class is AM, had a great workout came home a found a box by the front door.. My oldest DD who lives out east Boston MA, sent use a box of home made Easter cut out cookies. Thank goodness DH will eat them.

Can't believe it's spring we still have a lot of snow on the ground this morning and it was 8 below zero.

Hope everyone has a great day.
shapeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

That's great Carol! Keep up the good work! I'm sorry about your weather

OMG! I have had the craziest, most exciting day today! I haven't had any contact with my father except a couple of times in my 40 years but today I was able to locate some of his family. Some cousins, aunts, uncles. They are terrific people! My father made his own choices in life and I accept them. I refuse to hold onto grudges and negativity over all of that. What's done is done! I am just thrilled to have this "new" family. It's exhilarating! Maybe, he'll decide to contact me. If not, that's fine too! I guess they have a family reunion every year. I'm thinking I might go and meet some of the people I have spoken to. We'll see what unfolds.

Oh and I lost another pound! I am in the 140's now! Yippee!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys,

OK Gobah, here's my "judgement" of you---a sweet and funny guy who is struggling along day to day just like the rest of us. Sorry, couldn't come up with anything worse. BTW, what up w/you regarding your woe these days? Comfy, smooth, good, bumpy, discouraged, unsure, y'know, pick any of the above. I'm just curious if things are going well for you, and if so close to your goal, it's harder or easier.

Trig---You've had a tough time w/not feeling well, and everything else going on. But I agree w/Lori when she says don't let it go on too long. Turning around a week off plan is hard enough, crawling back on the wagon past that just gets harder and harder. I speak from lots of experience of sliding off the wagon.

And that's just it, it's not a "fall" it's a slide, sometimes a slow slide, but then all of a sudden you've got 15, 20, etc. pounds to lose, all over again. God, I'm scared of being there again. And I know you are too, so nipping the darn thing in the bud is the best defense.

Lori---OMG, I used to hate, hate, hate burpees too. I once got pretty strong in a year of increasingly difficult exercise, but I NEVER could do burpees without feeling like I was going to pass out. It's that down up thing and the pace of it.
Really difficult!

Msgoody---Wow, you have a very good head on you shoulders, I'm so impressed w/your attitude towards your father, and your openness to finding the best he may have left you---a family you haven't been able to enjoy, but may be able to in the future. I'm happy for you!!! And, you're in the 140s!!!
That deserves--:sing :

Shapeup---Great news on the 4 pounds down! You're doing it, and it's working!

Soooo, after all that, not much to say for myself. Doggie continues to get better, in fact she appears back to her spunky self. Decent work day, cobb salad for lunch, cheeseburger on LC bread for dinner.

Some days it's just such fun to chat about what my LC pals are up to, and frankly, no news is good news for me about now, pretty stressful last few weeks.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:00 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

good morning all.

Blue you are so right. putting 'the dreaded weight' back ON is not an option.
I can't go thru this again, let alone have to handle the 30 lbs that I already lost again. that would kill me. Smart words to live by. Don't give back what ya already lost!

MsGoody that is super cool about your family! to discover people and find them super friendly and interested in great! I bet alot of great will come from that!!

so light lc today. taking it slow and easy and working it all best I can.

busy day. heading up to mom and dads for a visit. gotta hit some stores for some things. I need to hit the barn for more cleaning but don't seem to have the motivation, cold outside !!! as much as I hate the allergies---COME ON spring.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:19 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Morning!

Msgoody! How exciting about your "new" family! Enjoy getting to know them.

Blue...glad doggie continues to improve. Whew!

Trig...I'm with you.....COME ON SPRING! It was so freakin' cold this morning..something like 18 degrees. The sun is out and supposed to get to 40's.....that'll feel like beach weather!

Skipped boot camp this morning as I've hurt my lower back. Ironically, not from boot camp. I was practicing my golf swing Guess my golf muscles are a little rusty. I may go to camp tomorrow morning before heading to my sister's, but I doubt it. Best to take a few days for the lower back to straighten out.

Tired today as DH and I haven't had a good night's sleep in a week because he's coughing so much. I'm off to the drug store to get a different kind of cough syrup to try tonight. Hope I pick the right one!

Have a good day all!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi guys,

OK Gobah, here's my "judgement" of you---a sweet and funny guy who is struggling along day to day just like the rest of us. Sorry, couldn't come up with anything worse. BTW, what up w/you regarding your woe these days? Comfy, smooth, good, bumpy, discouraged, unsure, y'know, pick any of the above. I'm just curious if things are going well for you, and if so close to your goal, it's harder or easier.

Good morning Blue and fellow LCF's. Glad to hear your dog keeps improving. I prayed for that. And even tho the answer is sometimes "no", this time it was a nice big "yes".

My WOE is evolving. I'm trying to find a way to be healthy and feel satisfied so that I'm not longing for a beer. Recently I have discovered something fun and not too terribly carby (but definitely not for those on induction) and that's making these lemon, blueberry, pineapple drinks. I put a whole lemon peeled with a small amount of b-berries and just a few chunks of frozen pineapple into the blender with stevia to sweeten it. I put the berries in late so that they don't completely dissolve. I like the bits of berries flowing out as I drink. Gives me something solid to play with.

I make 4 quarts with 4 lemons and that gives me more than enough to get me thru the day with fun liquids. I also add in some collagen powder (improved skin) and safflower oil (for targeting belly flab).

Drinking this fairly low glycemic concoction helps to curb my appetite and keeps my stomach full of liquid so that there isn't that afternoon urge for the old golden liquid with little bubbles in it.

And I have noticed a greater sense of peace and mental alertness. When I was suffering with just water and tuna, staying in ketosis, I could get to feeling kind of down and longing for a beer. But I got rid of my fat quick that way. So now I can go ahead and crawl to goal with some added healthy carbs that keep me more contented feeling.

Blueberries are very alkaline and if you ever want to study on how to beat cancer, you should try to alkalize. Helps to keep colds and flu away too. Viruses and cancer cells hate alkaline environments, but thrive in acidic diets.

The lemons go in acidic, but change to alkaline in the body. The pineapple is good for vita c, but I use it just for the pure fun of the taste. It is a little too much sugar, so I don't use much. But without the stevia, my drinks have almost zero sweetness. They are not natural sugar bombs.

So this is more for "maintainers" I guess, since your body can and will use the carbs for energy before the body fat, but if you play your calorie intake right, you can still lose weight.

I'm still in the experimental phase, so I can't say how great it works yet. I just like it because it works for me...right now. Next week may introduce a new experiment.

How bout you Blue? Doing any experimentation that excites you because it's satisfying and it works?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Hi LCF's,

Thank you for all your supportive comments. Life is just too short to get bogged down with grudges and negativity and it literally will make me sick. If I am too stressed out I tend to get sick easier. I don't know why that is but this is why I try to just let things roll off of me. It's just not worth it. Like I said, I do accept my fathers decisions..what other choice have I had LOL! I do want a relationship with him but if it doesn't happen I'm not going to die without it. It will be no different than the last 40 years, right!? I am enjoying getting to know his family and I am completely content with that.

No loss today but I'm still at it.

Have a great day on plan!!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all.

Gobah---Very interesting about your smoothies. They sound good! And who knew Safflower oil "targeted" belly fat! I'll sure be interested to hear if it works. Will have to google and find out more.

When it warms up here I'll be following your example, love this kind of action packed drink in the summer. I don't eat much fruit due to the carbs, but I do eat all the berries, in salads or w/HWC and a dash of Splenda and SF vanilla syrup.

You are very good w/experimenting. My last experiment was a carb re-feed a couple of weeks ago, to see if it would jar the scale. It did. UP. Didn't help me lose a thing. Darn. When I get home from San Diego I may try a meat and eggs fast for a couple of days, or maybe just a bit of fasting period to get off this frustrating stall.

Trig and Lori---it's cold outside here too. And slushy rainy. Man gals, where is spring?!? I have never been so sick of a winter. And hey Lori---you may want to get your hubby to a doctor. My son had a virus that turned into Bronchitis, coughing all night for 2 weeks. He ended up needing an inhaler to get the sleep he needed to get over it.

Nice day working at home today. Got a lot done and squeezed in a little nap. Making myself a fave salad for dinner---hard boiled eggs, bacon, green beans
w/french fried onions sprinkled on top and my LC French dressing. It's so yumilicious. I never get tired of salads. They're like a cold casserole and always feel like plenty to eat when I'm hungry.

Still stalled. My body loves this set point. Thinks we're all done. We're not. But for now I'm hanging in their w/my status quo. Going to San Diego next week and have a couple big events before then---like our 25th anniversary!
That will be a big night out w/our brothers and wives. Then the trip, which will be as LC as I can make it, but it is a vacation, lots of eating out or whatever my pal is serving, and will probably result in a few treats and some vacation bloat. So I'll wait to get home to give the scale something to think about.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's great Carol! Keep up the good work! I'm sorry about your weather

OMG! I have had the craziest, most exciting day today! I haven't had any contact with my father except a couple of times in my 40 years but today I was able to locate some of his family. Some cousins, aunts, uncles. They are terrific people! My father made his own choices in life and I accept them. I refuse to hold onto grudges and negativity over all of that. What's done is done! I am just thrilled to have this "new" family. It's exhilarating! Maybe, he'll decide to contact me. If not, that's fine too! I guess they have a family reunion every year. I'm thinking I might go and meet some of the people I have spoken to. We'll see what unfolds.

Oh and I lost another pound! I am in the 140's now! Yippee!!!
I'm so happy for ya goody How fun! I hope it just keeps getting better!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi all.

Gobah---Very interesting about your smoothies. They sound good! And who knew Safflower oil "targeted" belly fat! I'll sure be interested to hear if it works. Will have to google and find out more.

When it warms up here I'll be following your example, love this kind of action packed drink in the summer. I don't eat much fruit due to the carbs, but I do eat all the berries, in salads or w/HWC and a dash of Splenda and SF vanilla syrup.

You are very good w/experimenting. My last experiment was a carb re-feed a couple of weeks ago, to see if it would jar the scale. It did. UP. Didn't help me lose a thing. Darn. When I get home from San Diego I may try a meat and eggs fast for a couple of days, or maybe just a bit of fasting period to get off this frustrating stall.

Still stalled. My body loves this set point. Thinks we're all done. We're not. But for now I'm hanging in their w/my status quo. Going to San Diego next week and have a couple big events before then---like our 25th anniversary!
That will be a big night out w/our brothers and wives. Then the trip, which will be as LC as I can make it, but it is a vacation, lots of eating out or whatever my pal is serving, and will probably result in a few treats and some vacation bloat. So I'll wait to get home to give the scale something to think about.
Thnx blue. That's right...thinks we're done, BUT WE'RE NOT!!!!

Happy 25th anniversary almost:anniversary:

Yeah...try the drinks. So far so good for me.

I did a massive bike ride today. I'm trying to hit a new low, but it's like pulling teeth.

So I was standing outside the Trader Joe's on PCH near Laguna Beach with my piece of grilled chicken breast I bought for lunch. I had my painter's shorts on and a shirt with the sleeves cut off. This middle aged woman was kind of staring at me and then she starts asking me about my bike and where I rode, etc. She asked me where I was riding to. I said "back to my paint job in Bayshores." She said "oh, I thot you were a personal trainer..."

Well, that made me feel kind of flattered. But I was still glad when she finally left me alone. It's kind of weird when a woman takes some initiative with a guy in a setting like that. I think.

Anyway...I had to tell someone about it. And I dare not tell my wife. She hates it if I get complimented on that level. She wants me to get complimented for helping someone, etc...you know, noble things. But if it's a hoot...she get's ticked off.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Thnx blue. That's right...thinks we're done, BUT WE'RE NOT!!!!

Happy 25th anniversary almost:anniversary:

Yeah...try the drinks. So far so good for me.

I did a massive bike ride today. I'm trying to hit a new low, but it's like pulling teeth.

So I was standing outside the Trader Joe's on PCH near Laguna Beach with my piece of grilled chicken breast I bought for lunch. I had my painter's shorts on and a shirt with the sleeves cut off. This middle aged woman was kind of staring at me and then she starts asking me about my bike and where I rode, etc. She asked me where I was riding to. I said "back to my paint job in Bayshores." She said "oh, I thot you were a personal trainer..."

Well, that made me feel kind of flattered.

Anyway...I had to tell someone about it. And I dare not tell my wife. She hates it if I get complimented on that level. She wants me to get complimented for helping someone, etc...you know, noble things. I can understand that. But if it's a hoot...she get's ticked off, like really mad about it
Ok, I tried to edit my last post, but I was a fraction of a second too late. So I edited it in the above quote box.

You know how it is...sometimes you just regret saying some things, so you try to change it.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:53 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

the big 25 year anniversary coming Blue! Congrats. I got married later so I am only at 14 years married. Long way to go!

I find trips/vacations etc. so exciting. I can't wait til all mine start. I love the changes from the ordinary routines in life!

Lori, I agree with Blue. watch that chest thing with hubby. could snowball fast and be more sick than ya think. I hate chest anything.

MsGoody congrats on the drop! Keep on rocking!

GoB, a personal trainer comment. COOL. means you sure are accomplishing something great here. people are noticing.

Me, bleck, I am in a funk. still holding my 4 lb gain. but have alot of barn work/pasture work etc. happening so maybe I can exercise a few lbs gone LOL I did so much hard work yesterday I was surprised how hard it was. haven't done that in a while. the big physical stuff. Told hubby I gotta get moving again big time.

holding my own and trying
Old 03-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
the big 25 year anniversary coming Blue! Congrats. I got married later so I am only at 14 years married. Long way to go!

I find trips/vacations etc. so exciting. I can't wait til all mine start. I love the changes from the ordinary routines in life!

Lori, I agree with Blue. watch that chest thing with hubby. could snowball fast and be more sick than ya think. I hate chest anything.

MsGoody congrats on the drop! Keep on rocking!

GoB, a personal trainer comment. COOL. means you sure are accomplishing something great here. people are noticing.

Me, bleck, I am in a funk. still holding my 4 lb gain. but have alot of barn work/pasture work etc. happening so maybe I can exercise a few lbs gone LOL I did so much hard work yesterday I was surprised how hard it was. haven't done that in a while. the big physical stuff. Told hubby I gotta get moving again big time.

holding my own and trying
Awesome way to lose weight...old fashioned work! Nice goin Trig!

Yeah...I think I will report any compliments I get, in here, in LCF's. Because it's a safe place to do so. I would like to tell my wife, but it makes her insecure, I think. If she would show that in a sweet way, I would find it very touching. Instead, she just glares at me and starts to question my motives for getting shape.

But who doesn't like to be treated differently because you look better? I realize that for women, it can be annoying the way men are always looking. But for us guys, especially after we turn 40, we start to feel invisible to the opposite gender.

And lately I have found that women are smiling at me more, saying "hi", etc. And it makes a guy feel good about himself. It's just human nature, I think.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gobah---Not to worry. We gals often tell each other when we've gotten a compliment, and women are more likely to give them regarding weight loss too I think. Guys don't so much, afraid to w/women I think sometimes, and not as likely to do so to another guy. Maybe explain to your wife what a NSV is? Being mistaken as a trainer, maybe even w/a bit of flirt is still just a NSV, right? As married as we may be, most of us still like a compliment from the opposite sex. Maybe you could help an old lady across the street today and get in your "noble" too.

Trig--- Hate those funks. And yeah, that barn work is going to burn some calories. Plus I can tell, you just need spring badly, and more riding time w/Jade, more joy, more outside, more fun. This winter has gotten on a lot of nerves, you're not alone.

I'm still up a pound and a half from my low, and doubt very much I'll make my 180 by San Diego goal. Been so close, but no cigar. Thought I'd make it no problem 2 months ago---heck it was just 4 pounds to go then, but then the big stall. Nothing lost in 2 months. It is discouraging, but on the good side I tell myself, last year at this time I weighed about 35 pounds more than I do now.

And, we're still here, and we're still working it. It's a real lesson in patience and sometimes our body is in maintenance, whether we like it or not. Like I said, when I get home from my trip, I'm going to start experimenting with some stuff to break this stall. My goal is 10 more pounds down, and it's totally realistic for my build and height, and later than sooner I guess, I'm going to get there!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gobah---Not to worry. We gals often tell each other when we've gotten a compliment, and women are more likely to give them regarding weight loss too I think. Guys don't so much, afraid to w/women I think sometimes, and not as likely to do so to another guy. Maybe explain to your wife what a NSV is? Being mistaken as a trainer, maybe even w/a bit of flirt is still just a NSV, right? As married as we may be, most of us still like a compliment from the opposite sex. Maybe you could help an old lady across the street today and get in your "noble" too.

!
I much prefer to go thru my days now looking and feeling fit. The old being out of shape and feeling that way too....makes for a longer more depressing day.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Hi LCF's,

I'm still hanging in there. No loss today. I would be surprised if I lost anything else this week. I lost 4 pounds this week so I can't complain! I need to get a bunch of housework done here. Lots of laundry to get done. My clothes are all too big. I really don't want to buy more clothes in another size but I do hate looking like a bag lady. Oh well, I guess it's a good problem to have! I am almost caught up to the husband in weight loss. He started 2 weeks before me and we all know men lose quicker and easier. 16 pounds lost. 1 more pound to the halfway point! 4 more pounds to get to that 20 pound goal by my birthday in 2 more weeks. I should be pretty close either way.

Anyway, I hope you're all doing well. Happy Friday!!

Have a great weekend on plan!!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi LCF's,

I'm still hanging in there. No loss today. I would be surprised if I lost anything else this week. I lost 4 pounds this week so I can't complain! I need to get a bunch of housework done here. Lots of laundry to get done. My clothes are all too big. I really don't want to buy more clothes in another size but I do hate looking like a bag lady. Oh well, I guess it's a good problem to have! I am almost caught up to the husband in weight loss. He started 2 weeks before me and we all know men lose quicker and easier. 16 pounds lost. 1 more pound to the halfway point! 4 more pounds to get to that 20 pound goal by my birthday in 2 more weeks. I should be pretty close either way.

Anyway, I hope you're all doing well. Happy Friday!!

Have a great weekend on plan!!
Keep it up goody!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Ok so I know I've been so off topic here lately. I'm sorry about that but you guys are my buddies!! I'm going to follow suit lol

I spoke to my Aunt today (Dad's Sister) She remembers me and was practically in tears as we spoke! She gave me Dads number and I'm calling him tomorrow. He told her to give me the number and he wants to get together!! He's a truck driver and comes through here often Needless to say I am on cloud 9 but I'm cautiously aware things change on a dime with this man. He gets good intentions to be a father, then whammo! He has disappeared again. I'm keeping all that in mind this time. He's 65 so I'm hoping he's finally ready to be a man. We'll see.....
Old 03-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok so I know I've been so off topic here lately. I'm sorry about that but you guys are my buddies!! I'm going to follow suit lol

I spoke to my Aunt today (Dad's Sister) She remembers me and was practically in tears as we spoke! She gave me Dads number and I'm calling him tomorrow. He told her to give me the number and he wants to get together!! He's a truck driver and comes through here often Needless to say I am on cloud 9 but I'm cautiously aware things change on a dime with this man. He gets good intentions to be a father, then whammo! He has disappeared again. I'm keeping all that in mind this time. He's 65 so I'm hoping he's finally ready to be a man. We'll see.....
He's probably loaded with guilt. He's probably not ready to be a "man" the way others expect him to be. He's just him and he knows it isn't enough. He has messed everything up and he can't fix it. Best to just disappear.

That's my wild guessing goody. I haven't followed the story, but that's just a guess.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
He's probably loaded with guilt. He's probably not ready to be a "man" the way others expect him to be. He's just him and he knows it isn't enough. He has messed everything up and he can't fix it. Best to just disappear.

That's my wild guessing goody. I haven't followed the story, but that's just a guess.

I don't know what his deal is but I'm almost 40 I don't need a dad in the same sense that a young person does. I just want to keep in touch. I'd like him to meet his grandchildren someday. I want the father/daughter relationship most girls get to have. "Daddy's Girl". I want to call him on Fathers Day and wish him a Happy Fathers Day. I have seen him a handful of times in my life. Like I said he will attempt to be in my life, then falls off the face of the earth for 10 or 15 years and I have to try to find him. Anyway even if he does this again I have "new" family that I never had before. The past is the past! Onward and upward!!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I don't know what his deal is but I'm almost 40 I don't need a dad in the same sense that a young person does. I just want to keep in touch. I'd like him to meet his grandchildren someday. I want the father/daughter relationship most girls get to have. "Daddy's Girl". I want to call him on Fathers Day and wish him a Happy Fathers Day. I have seen him a handful of times in my life. Like I said he will attempt to be in my life, then falls off the face of the earth for 10 or 15 years and I have to try to find him. Anyway even if he does this again I have "new" family that I never had before. The past is the past! Onward and upward!!
Msgoody, you really touch me w/your hope and your willingness to forgive. The combination of hope and the ability to forgive is a very potent duo, and a good sign that no matter what happens, you will come out ahead, somehow.

Of course, my mother hen instincts come into play, and I do hope that you understand your father's lack of capacity. And I think that's a good way to look at it---a lack of capacity for whatever reason. Heck, I hope he realizes the chance he has now, with a daughter who is willing to look past the past.
I hope his capacity has expanded. Nothing anywhere that says we can't all keep growing, even at the last minute.

Fingers crossed for that regarding your father, but in any case, you've opened yourself to all kinds of new love and new experiences w/family you haven't had the chance to explore yet.

I just know that this is all a very good, and CHALLENGING thing, and I think you're going to come out ahead, no matter how it gets sliced in the end.

You know, and this is to all us LCOW buddies here, we all have our struggles, the things that drag us down, and the things that buoy us up. And as unlikely as it would seem, we can connect on so much of it, simply through our struggles with weight. Something to think about.

Happy Friday pals.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I want to pray for you that all these good wishes come true for you. Have a great day goody.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:45 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Thank you GoBahnsen and Blue! I really appreciate all your kind words! I love being able to come here and talk about whatever is going on in my life Low Carb or not. I'll be making that call today. My nerves are on edge. Who knows what to expect.

I am the oldest of my siblings and I have always been the peacemaker, or mother hen. Some of them have been very angry with him, as to be expected. My youngest sister has been deeply affected by all of it and I think I finally got her to realize anger only hurts us, not him. Even if you want nothing to do with him you have to let it go for your own health. She called him Dad for the first time ever to me, instead of his first name and now sees he's not perfect, no one is and life is just too short. My Dad probably only has 20 or so years left to live. She would regret it if something happened and she couldn't let it go.

Lost another pound today!! That's 5 pounds this week! I'm also officially halfway there! 17 pounds lost!! I hope you're all doing well out there!

Have a great weekend on plan everyone!