Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi gal,

Seond quick check in to report big NSV. After our lovely country drive today, hubby returned for a nap, and I took off for a couple of my fave clothing stores here.

And boy, did I score and had so much fun doing it. Got a couple great things on sale, but the best part was trying on things that looked good on me, and not dreading the dressing room, or being afraid to even go there with anything I really liked. So many years up here I've helped friends who have come with us find fun stuff, and sat and watched them try it on, cheer leading how good they looked in it all the time and wishing, wishing...

This time I was cheer leading me, and thinking wishing ain't gonna do it girl, LC is what's done it and best you not be forgetting that! Found my new inspiration piece too. Its a knit top that was originally $138 on sale for $40!
You might wonder what could make it so once darn expensive, but I'm just telling ya, it's exquisite, and could be worn in any season. It's just a tad tight on me, so on the back of my bedroom door it will be hung, where I can see it every morning and work towards it fitting just right.

Off to dinner now, and then to the Drive In! Yep, same drive in we used to go to up here when I was a kid, hasn't changed a bit. And if going to a drive in movie doesn't on a summer night doesn't make you feel young again, I don't know what can do the trick.

Trigger---where are you girl? Missing you.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
What a wonderful day you're having Blue! How much fun is that....trying on and loving cute clothes! You'll be in that new top in no time too!

Enjoy, enjoy!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:00 AM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Blue I am in la la land.

Up 9 lbs.

Yup.

well lost 1 this morning big whoopty doo.....

I got to get a control on my mind. I brought tons of LC food and TONS of junk foods for them which they wanted, and what did I eat...their junk. Eating out I got whatever the heck I wanted.

I tell ya 'the gain and lose' the same lbs over and over again is not working for me anymore.

I have GOT TO GET it thru my thick head that I can't go back to carbs.

I was not physically hungry at all. it is see it, right in front of me, and smell it, and say---who cares.

my who cares attitude must change or I am doomed

I am just walking around doing my chores and work and just constantly shaking my head wondering what the heck is wrong with me that I can't get this into my brain that going back to eating the old way is not going to work for me. it means weight gain pure and simple.

pity party at my house today. LOL

and what gets me is the 9 lbs (well 8 now) I put on....I feel like I put on 50!! horrible feeling truly. ya think it would keep me in line, that rotten feeling, but it doesn't. not enough to make me make the big change of ditching the carbs on occasions.

I best get myself under control LOL

I of course will work on this!!
Old 07-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #754
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Trigger! I was so anxious to type to you, I typed your name as my password! Hope that brings a smile to you this morning. Yep, it sucks. I have been down that road. But, even though I know you feel like crap, I want to tell you that I KNOW you will take the other eight off and be back to where you were in no time. Sure, it was a fairly major blip, but that is all it was. You have embraced this woe and have been an inspiration to me. So chuck it off as another failure in the area that is hard for us. Another time to be discouraged with the choices we make. But the thing you and Blue and Lori have modeled for me is that you DEFAULT to this woe of eating immediately. You jumped ship for a while, but now you are back and the waters are calm and we are here to help steady the boat.

Blue...man, I felt like I was in that dressing room with you! I know that feeling of dread in those rooms. I know that feeling of trying on five or six things you are hoping will fit (because they are so cute), and yet all being too tight or looking frumpy. So then to try on something cute and to use your word...exquisite!...and to have it almost fit!!! WOWZA! I can just see you walking out of that dressing room...your head held high...a little bit of swagger to your walk and a smile on the inside that was so big! And maybe on the outside too. Little did anyone there know what a victory that had been for you!

Lori... I bought a FitBit and want to start counting my steps. First I have to learn how to use it. Do you have one? I know you count your steps.

For me...well, yesterday I was going to start an egg and meat plan for three days. Guess what? I was out of eggs! And I was gone all day and did not have any time to cook up some meat. Great planning, huh? I gotta think more! So now I am stocked up and plan to do it for two and a half days. Thursday night I am going out for supper and want to have a salad with my meat and some veggies.

Hang on everyone! We can do this. We will do this. Blips aside, we are rockin' this!

KMom 10x1
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:45 AM   #755
Senior LCF Member

Aww....Trig...don't beat yourself up. Detours happen. The important thing is to not lose sight of the plan. You will get your head on right again soon and that 8 lbs of "fluff" will be gone in a flash. Be kind to yourself. Go back and read some of your posts from a week or so ago. Rekindle that fire!

KMom...I used to use a Fitbit, but now I have a Garmin Vivofit. Same principle. I'm a real gadget hound. I don't know why I think I have to have all these things, but I enjoy playing with them. I don't think you'll have any problem figuring it out. The website is quite helpful.

Anniversary dinner tonight! No counting carbs today. Actually, I'm trying to eat very little all day and be ready for a yummy dinner. I have a plan to only eat half my entree and bring the other half for lunch tomorrow. Last night I ate WAY too much for dinner and felt miserable all evening. No more of that! Blech!
I also had a good boot camp workout this morning so lots of calories burned.

Have a great day!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #756
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Food Lady
Trigger, does it help you at all to make lower-carb versions of those foods? I'm thinking of baked goods and such, though if pasta and yeast breads are your thing, I'm not sure how those would translate. Or do lower-carb things just make you crave more? I sympathize with you; every single month I get such intense starch/sugar cravings. At least satisfying the salt cravings doesn't break my plan.
Food Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

THANKS GUYS. Any and all pep talks help me alot

I do default back thank goodness. what scares me is there a day I do this (vacation, social thing, whatever) and then I don't come back to LC. BUT I think that is kinda far off for me but it still has that bit of worry in the back of my mind.

I know LC is key for me.
I function better eating this way so it is doing something great for me!!

KM your post was funny about using my name as a password...lol. I did jump ship but I swam back and am onboard right now!!!

Thanks Lori....I am better today. all lc A72 meals. bacon and eggs. bit of cheese during the afternoon and now have a big old chicken in the oven so it is just TIME now to get rid of that nasty fluff!!

Food Lady--nah, it isn't craving that makes me fall from LC. It is the situation. Like going out to dinner on vacation. Family orders thru the roof insane (yummy old food I used to order) and I get jealous. ticked off I CAN'T HAVE IT and then just cave. Did I really want the food? probably not cause if HOME I can control most days easily. Social things etc I can control alot of foods and such...but every now and then I get ticked off I am SO restricted. just gets on my nerves and I guess I rebel and hurt no one but myself and the scale

I am doing better today and hope it continues to roll easy for me right now.
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals

Trigger---Welcome home, and I mean back on our cozy little thread where EVERYONE falls off the wagon, hangs their head for a minute, and then crawls back on and continues the journey. We sure miss you when you're gone, and your fighting spirit.

In reading your words today, I hear that sense of deprivation loud and clear. And it's interesting it's NOT cravings, but rather a "jealousy" that others can have it and you can't. I remember from last summer too, that your trips were always a trap for you. And you're hardly alone.

I wonder if you gave yourself more lattitude from the get go on vacations, since it's such a sore spot? Maybe say, 100 carbs or less a day. This would allow you one meal a day when you could really treat yourself. You might gain a bit, but you wouldn't be setting yourself up to feel so crumby about it, and maybe you wouldn't feel so deprived. I say this because feeling deprived is a big hot button for me, which is why, as you know, I backed myself into LC this time, instead of starting with induction. Just a thought.

Anyway, glad to read you're back on plan today. You know there's no way you gained 9 pounds of fat. it's 90% water abd bloat and it will come off...just in time for the next vacation Then it will be fall, and it will be easier.

Lori---Hope as I write that you are having a fantastic anniversary dinner, enjoying every bite, and toasting a long and successful marriage!

Kmom---You described my feelings in the dressing room to a T. Very fun to read. And yeah, this LC thing does take some planning. After years of not thinking about what I was going to eat till the last minute, it's been a learning experience for me. Let us know how the meat and eggs thing goes.

As for me, I think I'm on the VUDDD plan. Vacation up and down days. Last night I was good all day, then we went to this great place for perch and I didn't tell them to leave the french fries off my order. Thought I'd just have a couple. Had half of them, and it was a big portion, but Lord love a duck, were they good.

So far I've been on plan one day, treat day the next, but not hog wild treats.
So today is my down day, and we're off to a place they have a big salad I love and I'm staying on plan today. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

All I can say is that for as much as I love vacations, they're tough. WHOLE DIFFERENT ball game than being home.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:41 AM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday to everyone!

Trigger - Wondering how many of those nine vacation pounds are gone as of today. i think they will be gone in two weeks. I so "get" your explanation of feeling jealous and a little ticked when you see other people eating foods you can't.

Lori - I hope you had a great anniversary dinner last night and if things went according to plan, you have half the entree for lunch today! That will be something to look forward to for sure!

Blue - Made me smile about the VUDDD plan. I think being on plan one day and then a treat day the next sounds like an doable plan. And as beautiful as Door County is, I have to say you're missing some pretty fine weather at home. Cool temps and light breezes.

Day one of KMom's M & E day done. I never read up about it. I tried looking at a few threads, but there was not a lot of information there. So this is KMom's first day of a meat/egg 1 1/2 day plan. Here is what I ate:

Breakfast: three egg omelet (2 egg whites) Eggs only, no cheese or anything else
two bacon

Lunch: Two eggs fried
Three bacon

Dinner: Four meatballs with small amount of lc catsup.

LOTS OF WATER.

Questions/Notes:

~ Is bacon a meat? Or maybe it is considered a fat.

~ My meatballs were a mixture of hamburger and ground turkey. Had lots of other stuff in them, like 2/3 c. almond flour and lots of spices. I plan to check the carb count today. I just knew that those meatballs would go down easy and be very tasty.

KMom 10x1
Old 07-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I wrote a long post at 5AM and when I tried to submit I got an error and poof it was gone.

Anyway.......had a nice anniversary dinner, and yes, I have over half of it left for lunch today. Guess my carb fest will go on another day with Lobster ravioli with pink cream sauce with crab. I just can't bear to throw it out, so it will end up on my butt instead.

Hubby and I went out for a run/walk this morning. My arms and shoulders are so sore after 2 days of boot camp it was time to give them a break. Tomorrow I'm off work to play in a fun golf tournament and then Friday morning I'll be back to boot camp.

Ok.......I'm going to try to hit submit again. If this post disappears you may very well hear me scream across the whole USA!

Hugs to all!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:20 AM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

Morning gals,

Trigger---I was telling my hubby about the "hog wilder" at dinner last night, and he had a good laugh over that. But seriously, I was thinking about you yesterday and just wanted to remind you of what you HAVE accomplished, which is to keep that first batch of lard OFF for all this time, and that is a victory. And, when we say we must lead a LC lifestyle, I don't think it means we never do the "hog wilder" or semi that again, particularly when it comes to vacations. As Lori said, there are detours, and I think there always will be. But we get back on the road and see where it will take us. the important thing is that it doesn't take us back to where we were---we are right to fear that, and fight it, and you've done very well w/that. Sometimes we need to see the sunny side of the street and act on the "I can" till it becomes "I have."

Kmom---Good job on Day one of meat and eggs. I'm curious though, why just the egg whites? And yes, bacon is a meat, but one that is more fat than most, which in our upside down world compared to "out there" is a very good thing. The meatballs sound fine to me as far as carb ct. goes, wouldn't worry about it.

Lori---Grrrrrrrrr, the disappearing post. Same thing happened to me last night when I got home from dinner. Wrote some late check in thoughts and poof! Glad you had such a nice night last night.

I did well at dinner last night. Had a big spinach salad and split a steak w/hubby. No cheats, no treats yesterday.

Couple of observations. I haven't tracked this week at all, too hard not knowing how everything out is prepared. I've enjoyed the vacation from that, but will need to get back to it when I get home. For me, that's still necessary to see in black and white what I'm eating. No scale this week either of course, and that feels wierd to me because I've made weighing myself every morning such a habit, but it's kind of nice too. Been doing OK on the water, not as good as at home of course.

Beautfiful day here, but more like fall. KMom, they say we're getting some kind of summer polar vortex in the upper midwest, making everything 10 degrees cooler than normal. Ok w/me, except that I miss swimming at our pool here.

Off to see the lighthouses on the other side of the penninsula today. Seen the many times but never get tired of it. May check in later. Check ins REALLY help me on vacation.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I just can't bear to throw it out, so it will end up on my butt instead.

Hugs to all!
THROW IT OUT. ask me how I know. I got alot of lbs. on my butt again You had your fun, ya should never had brought it home with ya LOL

glad you had a nice anniversary.

KM....sad thing is I really think it is jealousy at this point. hubby/kiddo got bacon cheddar stuffed taters as appetizer. they were YUMMING and AAHHhhing over them and it drove me nuts LOL. Another restuarant they got Old Bay seasoned homemade chips. And they got crab cakes with ALOT of bread crumbs in them. I used to inhale those suckers, but of course look where they got me I will be working on myself!!

Blue...like I said to KM it is more about jealousy at this point. wanting things back KNOWING I can't. kinda in a deadly situation as if I do alot more carbs, I WANT more carbs. so if I put in a higher day during the week, I am afraid I won't stop there. so it has always been (or seemed) best for me to go back to almost 0 carbs in meals and it kinda keeps me straight and narrow...up til a point.

what kills me is the length of time. I had a chat with myself. this is getting absurb and stupid now. 'dieting' now. eat carbs, 'A72 diet' to get them off and the pattern repeats. Time to face me and not lie anymore about ''working it my way''...cause my way isn't working. I committed again to induction. helps me. will see where it gets me.

also, no more 'watching' others YUM and AH over food. THE MINUTE they orderd the carb appetizer etc......I WAS THIS CLOSE to ordering the bacon wrapped scallops for myself. but thought nah, too much food in the end with the meal. WELL NEXT time I won't hesitate. I will get LC for me and they can do what they want and if anyone puts a finger toward my LC plate....forked fingers will be happening and a trip to the hospital LOL LOL

at least if I bring it home it is LC food in a doggy bag....all mine

----ta da....2 lbs gone this morning. whoopty doo again. see I know it is good but honestly losing the same lbs is getting to me but I know if I keep working it I will be fine.

time to go DOWN the scale. not hover, gain, lose anymore. recommit but I will see how far I can get LOL....think LC all the time. I must.

had some bacon today and then had a funeral for my neighbor. nice guy. great contractor (he put on my addition on my home). only 52. not sure but they are thinking heart or stroke. very sad.

home now gonna have some chicken salad (mayo, bit of onion, celery)

dinner is 2 cheeseburgers on the grill and maybe small salad with ceasar.

So far staying VERY lc and it works for me.

THANKS all for helping me. some times I get this rut happening and it is hard to pull out....but ya got my back ya'll and that is fab.

Last edited by Trigger828; 07-16-2014 at 10:23 AM..
Old 07-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #763
Senior LCF Member

Y'all, I just made a cherry malted for 21 grams. It was 2/3 a serving of the malt powder, a bit of vanilla, sweetener, half a cup of milk, and 1/4 cup dark sweet cherries (frozen). Plus, I added a couple of ice cubes. Sure kills ice cream cravings! Half and half instead of the milk would be better, but I'm out.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Trigger---Actually, another 2 pounds down IS a big whoop-de-do, because as I keep trying to tell you, it means you're back on plan, which you continuously are, no matter your detours.

I understand the frustration of losing the same pounds over and over again, not too far from that myself in this last month or two. But then, it's been 6 weeks full of many celebrations/parties and 3 trips. Worse than the holidays, I'm tellin' you. But the sooner you realize how WELL you've actually done to keep off the weight you have, the sooner you'll feel better about it all. And when you feel better about it all, anything can happen, including the realization that you are in fact, living a LC lifestyle, for the better part. AND, eventually my bet is on you to lose even more. It takes what it takes, and it happens when it happens.

Food Lady---Wow, that "cherry malted" sounds yum! Think it might be even less carbs w/HWC, but maybe you don't eat that kind of dairy? I LOVE malt flavoring and never thought of doing something like this w/it. Seems a tablespoon of malt powder is around
6 grams of carbs. How much did you use? Seems like one could get away w/half this and still get that flavor. I think I could do this w/just cream and ice, skip the cherry carbs and still love it. Thanks for the idea.

Well, continuing on my VUDD plan, LOL. Good day on the woe up till dinner, and actually, every day on this vacation I've been good till dinner. But after a clean day yesterday, Blue slipped on the old banana peel tonight and had, count 'em, 3 big pieces of French bread w/her perch. It was the BEST bread. Also had a Thai Shrimp cocktail w/some kind of sweet chile sauce on it, hate to think of the carbs in that sauce, but it was amazingly good.

And that's something I have come to feel very strongly about. If I'm going to treat/cheat it's only going to be on the best stuff, not junky food. And tonight's food was superb.

Trig, I'm pretty sure I'm going to come home having gained at LEAST 5 pounds, and in fact, perhaps close to your 8 pounds. AND, I have not eaten whatever I wanted and stayed more on plan than off. But I can feel the bloat building up, nevertheless. Wore a
dress out tonight that was perfect before vacation, but snug across the tummy tonight.

One more day of this glorious vacation, and then we're headed for home.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #765
Senior LCF Member

I did 2 T malt powder. One would probably do. I usually buy half and half because...I don't know. I guess I still feel I should watch my sat fat. My carb count is probably higher than most on here, so I can get away with milk or half and half depending on what else I've had that day.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:03 AM   #766
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I'm up at my normal horribly early time, but today is a fun day! I'm off for a golf tournament. I have to be at the course at 8AM. This is our annual member/guest tournament. We have ladies from other courses come as our guests. It is always themed and this year is Mardi Gras. We are all wearing purple & green and have made masks to wear in a "parade" that we'll have right after lunch. I also have some "bling" stickers to put on my face. They are like little jewels. Should be a fun day. The weather is perfect with highs in the 70's and no humidity.

My weight is up a 1/2 lb this morning. No big surprise after my anniversary dinner and the leftovers. No worries. I just need to buckle down and get serious. Today I'm at the mercy of whatever the ladies planned for our lunch. Again..no worries.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 07-17-2014, 05:56 AM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Lori u sure are the golf queen on this thread good luck!!

Blue---that must be the same banana peel that came with me to the beach!!

It is travelling now so beware everyone It isn't travelling pants that are our skinny jeans ya'll, it is evil! the evil banana peel that makes one suck in big amts of carbs!!!!!! watch out!!

Yes, the bloat builds up very very quickly. You can feel it after ONE meal of higher carbs. I sure do. In fact it blows my mind how fast heavier carbs gives me a reaction.

you hang in there....we know it comes off when home and on plan. thank goodness.

---------yippee. got the nice whoosh. 3 lb drop this morning. well the vacation disaster is slowly heading away. working on getting below my low number and FINALLY getting into new territory on the scale. would be nice. will be a bit still, but working on it.

no breakfast...off to take kiddo to dentist for cleaning.
lunch 2 cheeseburgers.
dinner either pork chops/chicken on the grill with veggies.

off to get moving....everyone be good!!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 07-17-2014 at 05:57 AM..
Old 07-17-2014, 06:04 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Good Thursday morning to everyone!

Lori: I kinda live life through you. It is fun to hear of all your adventures. The Mardi Gras theme sounds like a hoot. You will need to fill us in on some details. I know you have said that summer is the hardest for you to lose. I think maintaining is a good strategy or losing a little.

Blue: Enjoy your last day of the amazing Door County. I could almost taste that French bread! I so agree with you about...if we are going to cheat...then do it on the good stuff! I am still trying to put this all together, but I am beginning to think that if the cheats happen, and we default to this woe, we will keep going down. Even if it is slower than we wanted. We WILL go down. And I think maybe the cheats are inevitable...especially on vacation where there are so many variables. Just like Trigger, you will take off this vacation weight and be back to where you were. And you will be seeing a new number in no time!

Trigger: Yay! Another pound off. I am hoping my two week projection is right. All nine gone in two weeks and then down, down, down to new numbers! Yes, we have your back! This is an amazing thread. Just right for me. Lots of talk about what is happening in our lives, but always a focus on losing weight and how that is happening (or not!).

FoodLady: I may try that drink you made. Do you get malt powder in a regular grocery store? I will probably do some of Blue's adaptations. Thanks for sharing that with us. It is so fun to make something, like it, and want to share it!

I saw a new number today! Fun! Two days of a meat/egg plan seemed to give me a little boost. May try that again next week. Today I am eating clean all day and then I have dinner tonight with a couple of colleagues. We are going to a place called, Porter Creek. I looked at the menu online (first time doing that) so I can be prepared! Feel Cap D today more than ever.

This woe works, even with the blips. Do not be discouraged. Be encouraged that we have found a woe that is healthy, tasty, and doable. I know I am.

KMom 10x1
Old 07-17-2014, 06:09 AM   #769
Senior LCF Member

Trigger!!!!

Your recent post was not there when I started typing mine this morning!

THREE POUNDS!!!!!

YES!!!!

So that makes five in all? Wow, only four more.

I knew you could do it! You and Blue and Lori have been my example to always defaulting to this woe when blips happen.

Sorry if this sounds kinda gooey....but I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

KMom 10x1
Old 07-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #770
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Food Lady---Oh yes, I forgot you're on a different woe, and I agree, if you're eating higher carbs you DO have to watch the fat.

Lori---Wow, a mardi gras parade on the golf course. Now that is imaginative! How fun. Seems golf is not only a passion for you, but gives you a great community too.

Trigger---HI-larious!!! I think we need to add this to our "woe detour" file, along with the hog wilder. Love the way this cartoon captures the sense of surprise at the fall---exactly how I feel when I think I'm going to be good, and then all of a sudden, I'm not, LOL.

YAY on the 3 lb whoosh. So if I'm counting right, you've only got a couple more pounds to go to be back at pre vacation weight. Good work girl!

Kmom---Another YAY for your new number! You are doing SO well.

Going to the restaurant site before going out is something I've been doing for quite awhile now, and find it VERY helpful. Gives you some time to work out what your best LC bet is, w/out everyone staring at you while you make up your mind. Also cuts the chances of slipping on the old banana peel, although as we can see, doesn't iradicate them alltogether. I hope you have a lovely night out, on plan. It's so satisfying when you realize you can eat out on LC, successfully, most of the time.

So gals, I'm tellin' you, it's raining banana peels here!

Today, around lunch time, we walked by one of our fave little outdoor food places in Fish Creek, and I could smell the yumminess, and whoooooooop! 5 minutes later we were seated and I was ordering a perch sandwich and french fries. Fantastic, fabulous french fries, hot and salty w/lots of catchup.

First lunch off plan on this trip, at least I can say that. I look back on what I was thinking as I dragged hubby to a table, and it was this---I knew it was the last day of vacation, last trip of the summer. I knew I would need to get right back on plan tomorrow, and I think I felt this little panic, that I wouldn't have an excuse after tomorrow and that I'd wish I had treated myself to those french fries and that perch sandwich on a REAL bun.

No regrets, enjoyed every morsel. On our way out to eat dinner, at this point who knows what I'll order. I find I'm better at short trips, staying on plan. The long ones just wear me down w/night after night of temptations.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks KM

but I am a pro at getting rid of bloat/carb weight...which is great, but it also tells ya that I am doing it too much, getting real good at it. means I need to stop it actually LOL

clean eating and very low carb works wonders for me. NOW if I can convince myself it has to be a 'real normal' eating pattern and not a darn fight. working on it of course as usual

Blue----the peel is going to kill us the peel took this guy to the ground and laid him flat out! I will take the peel to the landfill and it won't darken our door again bad peel!

you know that is a good idea. if you are going to want certain things on vacation, keep them til the end. I like that and makes sense. cause at least ya can control it a bit without going hog wilder thru the whole vacay.

I leave aug 3 to 11 to florida for my island trip. I will LOAD the rv with so much LC and 'sugar free' stuff in case of emergency that it will be insanity. If I do that then something might hold me where I need to be. Plus I am going to get 'new' LC things. different. I think that gets me wanting also, something different and they eat the carby junk that is diff. than my boring old lc stuff. So big old grocery trip to load me with new and exciting LC things. Yea, might do well for me.

now I want fries
Old 07-18-2014, 01:30 AM   #772
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Peeps!

I had a BAD day yesterday on the LC front. It was a fun day on the golf course and also our Mardi Gras party afterward. The trouble began with lunch which was Jambalaya & of course, King cake. It went from bad to worse when I got home and had one of those, "I won't eat dinner, just a snack" nights. That always leads to going from this to that and ended with milk and cookies. WTH??? I haven't done that in forever! Oh well, it's done and today is a new day. I'm up and ready for boot camp to burn off those dang cookies!

The husband wants pizza and subs for dinner. My plan is to dump the sub and eat it like a salad and just scrape the top off a slice of pizza. Hope my resolve stays strong!

So..I think I may win the banana peel award for yesterday.

Have a good Friday!
Old 07-18-2014, 04:30 AM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, I didn't get rid of the banana peel quick enough, did I?

ut oh, be careful Lori. seriously. OLD PATTERNS coming back are not a good sign. milk and cookies. believe me gal I know!!!!! I know when OLD habits and all come back into play it is time to put your FOOT DOWN and get back on some clean LC and mean it. Rein yourself in.

I know the social scene is super hard. BOY DO I KNOW! but I always default back to very clean eating and I think ya gotta get yourself back on plan a bit. really on plan. slow down the changes BACK into the old way of eating.

it is important to catch yourself. again, I know. been there gal and I can easily get taken away back into old carby habits.

------this morning down 1/2 lb. take it and anything I can get down the scale all the time LOL

later in the evening I wanted to munch, and munch...but I had a big old cup of broth instead. slow sipping and warm liquid sure helped hold me off doing anything stupid !

today is usual A72 food. holding well on plan. fingers crossed for a nice drop tomorrow. my tummy is slimming again back into that good old NO CARB bloat feeling. whew, I love that feeling and at least that is coming back.

Everyone be good and hold strong. it is never easy changing our lives!! surrounded by food and good times. we have to adjust. make that mental adjustment, which I am so hard working on all the time.

happy LC day for us all!!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:02 AM   #774
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Room for me?
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #775
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Portia/Jes!! The more the merrier! Or is it, "misery loves company?" Seriously, these are a bunch of supportive ladies. Pop in and tell us your "story" and plan!

I'm fasting today as long as I can. I had a TB of coconut oil in my 2nd cup of coffee, so some would say I broke the fast. I have read opinions both ways and I side with the pure fat doesn't break the fast crowd. Whatever. So far, so good and it's 10AM. I thought maybe since I did boot camp, I would be extra hungry, but it doesn't seem to be the case. If I can make it until 1 or so, that will be great. I have a leftover hamburger(no bun!) and some swiss cheese to have when I just have to eat. I'm sticking to my low carb guns today!

Trig...you are so right. It's super easy to slip back into old habits. We just have to keep our guard up all the time. Not to say I won't always have "those days" now and then. The important thing is to make them few and far between and to get right back on the straight and narrow. I know come September I'll be more than ready to be super strict and get some more weight off before cruise time in October.

Enjoy your Friday!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

yes P, join right in and chat away. we are loud mouths here and love to talk it up all about LC and more
Tell us what you are doing, how you are approaching LC. we all kinda do a bit diff. but it is SURE our way.

Lori---you are so right. I just did it. went HOG wild and ate the world and I paid for it. I also SEE a bad habit forming again, one that must be stopped. I worry for the day 'right back on plan' does not happen

Do not go overboard to correct. I do that. every single stupid time I do that I get worse in a way. like restrict myself so much I get ticked off cause of 'super more restrictions' vs. the better restrictions --you know what I mean.

I am WAITING for Aug. 27 like crazy. kiddo back to school and MY OLD routine comes back into play without flips in it. I hear ya on Sept.

but if 'more weight loss' is truly wanted for that cruise, you BEST start losing now and getting that mojo killer determination attack mode. Oct will COME so fast it is scary LOL
Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #777
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Aw thanks guys!

After a recent diagnosis of Type 2, I am on my way to meet with a low-carb author and CDE to geat my new plan. In the past I've had success with Atkins but have found it hard to get back into it after a regain.

Let's see, what else? I'm 43. Wife, mom of 2 boys, part-time attorney. Love boating and gardening. Tend towards getting overly stressed and perfectionist.

That's it - I need to catch up on this thread so I know more about each of you.
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

OVERLY STRESSED AND PERFECTIONIST.

OMG that is me to the max. LOL

but I find as I learn a new way of eating, I also make time for being inperfect and giving a bit of a 'who cares' attitude toward life. I am a 'basic control' type freak. I need to control all around me and lately (well, over a few years) I am letting it go.....slowly. and guess what---the world hasn't caved in on itself LOL (I thought it would ya know)

2 kids...how old. I am 51 with a 9 yr old daughter. had her at 43. retirement and college gonna hit around the same time but I am finally mentally ready for that and UP for it
Old 07-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #779
Senior LCF Member

kauaimom, sorry--didn't see that post. I use malted milk from the grocery. It tastes sweet; I'm always surprised there's no added sugar. You could also do a chocolate version: malted milk, ice, cream, cocoa powder (1 net gram per tablespoon), sweetener, vanilla.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #780
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Portia. I'm new, too, and trying not to develop type 2. I asked my mom how she eats as a diabetic and am keeping my carbs lower than hers. I think I am good at sticking to a plan; I *still* crave chicken tenders but have stuck to vegetarian for 4 1/2 years, so I know I can stick to lower-carb if I just gain the know-how. I can do a WOE without falling off the wagon. Where I get into trouble is sticking to exercise. I'd like to walk every day, and I've found it needs to be before work, not after. But I've been going home in pain (chronic) and have trouble sleeping, and then don't get up early enough. In fact, quite a few tasks don't get done every week because I lose time to pain. I feel unproductive. Sometimes walking helps; sometimes it makes it worse. At least I know I can lose weight with my WOE alone, but walking is spiritually good for me.