Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
tbinning. Looking forward to getting to know you. This thread has helped me more than words can express. So dive in w/us and begin the LC journey anew! It's an amazing journey in so many ways, one I am so thankful for.

Food Lady---I know what ya mean. Never had a big sweet tooth myself, but when I couldn't have it when I wanted it, all of a sudden it looked a lot more attractive to me.

Lori---I just cannot say enough how cool I think it is that you have a passion that involves such healthy exercise, and you're out there doing it every chance you get!

Kmom---well, since I blab on here a lot, it warms my heart to know you enjoy it. Thank you for your kind words.

And time to bring my fave guy out again... Big congrats on "grabbing that wheel and pointing it toward home," and a good LC treat. SO happy you enjoyed it. Now you have to check out the Hanson's diet black cherry, a whole other taste treat, also divine w/HWC.

Very cool that you had a weekend of mother love. Hope it filled you w/joy and reminded you how important you are. And yeah, darn tootin' you're expected here. You're our Ms. Cap D, and I love your spirit. It's catchy.

So gals, I'm Blue the serial poster again today. Every once in awhile I get a big gust of LC wind under my wings, and nothing can stop the from flapping.

Ordered a book on Kindle I'm excited to read: "The 6 week cure for the middle aged middle" by Dr. Eades and his wife Mary. I have noticed w/the last 5 pounds down, that my midriff and belly are starting to shrink more noticeably, which is why I'm eager to lose these last 13 pounds to goal, as I think this will get even better.

I enjoy Dr. Eades blog, and his writing style, so am interested to see what he has to say. The "6 weeks" thing, meh, not much one for such a specific plan.
But I always learn something from Mr. and Ms. Eades, and anything that helps with that mid section is something I want to know. Will let you guys know what I think.

As Kmom said, it was hot and humid in our neck of the woods today, my least fave kind of weather. But the silver lining is it really takes my appetite away. Had half my very LC dinner, and I was done. SO not hungry, in fact the idea of any more food, belch! Do love it when that happens.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #722
Major LCF Poster!

Ha ha. Meant blech not belch. Darn that auto correct. Not belching, something carbs causes for me.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:45 AM   #723
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Thanks for the early morning chuckle Blue...."belch" Gotta love auto correct!

Up early and ready for Monday morning boot camp. I took an AdvilPM to ensure a good night's sleep so I'd be up and at 'em this morning. Get boot camp under my belt and then it's a busy Monday at work.

Stepped on the scale & I'm still up that pound from my low. I think this is the week that I see a new number. I ate(and drank) with abandon this weekend, so I think that "fluff" will go with a whoosh.

Welcome 's! Great to have more people to share our journey.

Ok...time for some coffee and then get this day started. Have a great LC Monday!
Old 07-07-2014, 04:45 AM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Lori is a machine

Blue gonna check out your book on the net. curious about it.

----GM everyone

busy busy day.
off to bank, quick store trip, pack rv, other million things.
leave wednesday morn for trip. can't wait now.

food easy today
bacon and scrambled eggs with small bit of cheese added for taste for lunch
big old honking cheeseburgers on the grill tonight, in the mood for them!

be good everyone!!!!!!
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbinning View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Tammy and I live in Martinez, GA (part of Augusta, where the Masters is played each April).

I did low carb about 12 years ago, and I found it was the only plan that really worked for me... note I did not say 'diet' but plan. Unfortunately, I got off the LC plan, but now am determined to do it, for my stomach area. I am 54, and I want to be a little bit more healthy. As we age, the stomach expands, but I think the LC will help me, and once I lose a little weight, I will want to exercise. And, exercise for me will be Wii bowling, and maybe some zumba dancing.

Thanks for listening, and I hope to have many posts here.
Hi Tami

Meme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #726
Major LCF Poster!

tami, lc makes us leaner. no doubt about that!!!!!!!! leaner at a higher weight.

you go for it!!!!!!! and remember ya eat great while doing it LOL
Old 07-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

Trigger---I am REALLY enjoying the book. Some of it is stuff we already know, but even that is so re-enforcing---put in yet someone else's words and ways, and so motivating all over again. BUT, there is also a great deal of info on belly fat, the dangers of it, they types of it, and ways to make it better. It is specific this way, and I'm really liking that. I skim over some of it, as I get the point, and other parts of it fascinate me. This book really lets you visualize what's happening in your belly and midriff and why, at our age.
I have already learned a lot I did not know. I highly recommend it, as for me,visualizing the biological facts is a great motivator!

Also, this is a great book to have and read as it calls to you. In another time and place I might read it 10 pages at a time, but right now I'm lapping it up. Some people lift weights---excellent---other's lift themselves up to every bit of knowledge they can get that supports, motivates, and makes you so darn happy you're on this woe.

Had a super productive day today, got my last work project done before I leave, and will meet to present tomorrow. I'm in a happy place where most of my clients are on vacation this week, and I go for next week, so that equals close to 2 weeks off. Lucky me.

After I finished my business work, I hit my office and whirled through it like a cleaning tornado. Even did the windows, and boy, do they look sparkly and pretty. Then I hit the bedroom and began getting everything more in order there. When I clean, organize and get rid of junk on the outside, somehow feels like I've done it on the inside too.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:37 AM   #728
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I'm moving a bit slowly this morning. Boot camp literally kicked my butt yesterday! We had to do 50+ step ups onto an 18 inch box. Good grief, my glutes are screaming! That was just 1 of 20 different exercises we did yesterday. We had a partner and between the 2 of us, we had to do 100 reps of each exercise. The trainer blew his whistle every 20 seconds and we would switch off. Yikes!

This morning the husband and I just went for a little 2 mile run/walk. He's just getting back into it since his back injury, so we took it easy. His back is just about 100% now. Thank goodness!

Took a peek at the scale and it's down 1/2 lb from yesterday. I'm so close to a new low number I can smell it!

Have a wonderful day!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

Lori glad hubby is better!

Blue--I will check into that book. some motivation and knowledge would certainly be good for me now!!

------fast one guys.
leave in the morning early.
be back sunday late afternoon.

beach trip here I come

got alot of LC food packed in camper for me. I over did it cause I want to be sure that I have options. Will be interesting to see what goes down

everyone be good while gone and hope everyone drops some lbs.

take care and will be back to report later!!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #730
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

Lori---I remember the 18" step up box from my days doing "The Firm" exercise videos. Oh Lordy, just doing a couple sets of 8 on each leg used to be killer for me, although I was doing it w/weights. You are going to have buns of steel!

Trigger---and you're off! Have a fabulous time! Sounds like you're loaded for LC bear. We will miss you, never the same when you're not around.

We're going to our neighbors for chicken wings tonight, and I've hardly eaten a thing today. Just haven't been hungry. Think my very clean LC last week might have pushed me deeper into ketosis than usual.

One more party night tomorrow, my birthday, and I'm having some of my best gal pals over. Normally I'd make it a treat night of some sort, but going to try not to, as I'm saving the treats for vacation. Hubby's gift to me is to cook a great LC dinner and serve it to me and my pals, including cocktails and apps. He's a sweetie pie, and I can't think of a better gift. He's such a good cook, the gals won't even realize they're eating LC!

Down to 178.4 this am, just over a pound from my all time low. Would be sweet if I can drop that pound before leaving for vacation, although I know I'll come back up on the scale, the lower I start the better!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:11 PM   #731
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Food Lady
You know, that carrot cake tastes too sweet to me. I'm glad to find I can use less sweetener, then. That's always good. I did end up buying hard rolls and had a half of one and the rest are in the freezer. It's like...I'm done with that craving for now. Weird. I think that was always my problem: finishing the whole pan of brownies in a week or having too many rolls with dinner or several glasses of milk a day. My problem is too much. I'm so American.
Food Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:32 AM   #732
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Decided to sleep in and take off from boot camp this morning as my "butt" is still so sore I wasn't sure I'd be able to do anything. The worst thing is getting into my car....good grief it hurts! I've done a lot of exercise in my day, but I've NEVER been this sore. WTH?????

This isn't my official weigh in day, but I peeked at the scale. I squeaked into a new low number!! I'm not updating my stats as I'm hoping to see an even lower number by my official weigh in day tomorrow.

I'm doing some intermittent fasting along with LC and it seems to be giving my fat burning a boost. I'm giving myself an eating window of 6-8 hours. I don't eat before 11AM and then stop by 7PM. In the morning I have a TB of coconut oil in my 2nd cup of coffee and that's it until 11 or so. I don't do it on the weekends, but I'm hoping doing it 4-5 days a week will be enough for a slow loss. There are supposed to be other health benefits associated with IF so I'm giving it a go.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #733
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Food Lady View Post
You know, that carrot cake tastes too sweet to me. I'm glad to find I can use less sweetener, then. That's always good. I did end up buying hard rolls and had a half of one and the rest are in the freezer. It's like...I'm done with that craving for now. Weird. I think that was always my problem: finishing the whole pan of brownies in a week or having too many rolls with dinner or several glasses of milk a day. My problem is too much. I'm so American.
Hey Foodlady,
I was reading about low-carb diets the other day and I read something about vegetarian eating. It made me think about you.
Do you take vitamin B-12 supplements?
Meme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #734
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

Happy birthday to me! And boy, did I get a gorgeous day to celebrate. Sunny and about 80 degrees w/a lovely breeze.

Just set my table on the back porch for my B'day party tonight---4 dear old gal pals coming. It's so pretty, w/a big bouquet of sunflowers in the middle. Makes me happy.

I'm excited for tonight because I've written a toast for each of my pals and can't wait to read each one to them. The older I get the more I think my birthday should be about thanking others for all the years of love and friendship they've give me. It is a gift to do so.

Hubby is making and serving dinner as my gift: Homemade guacamole and salsa and chips (pork rinds for me for apps. Cold cucumber soup. bacon,
mozzarella and tomato salad, a lemon/mint watermelon salad, homemade baguette, and Rhubarb cake for dessert. So all pretty LC, except for dessert.
and bread. Haven't decided If I'll treat myself to those or not. We'll see.

I was thinking this morning, that since my last birthday I am 30 pounds lighter, had lost about 17 by this time last year. It seemed it would take forever to lose when I began, but time flies and then you're almost 50 pounds down. And all in all, pretty painless.

And, I want to thank you all for the support you've given me in this last year,
for the laughs, the ups and the downs, literally. My LC pals here have made a big difference in my ability to stay on plan, and like it.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #735
Senior LCF Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUE!!

Enjoy every minute!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #736
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Hey everyone!
Yesterday I wrote a fairly long post and then went back one page to see if I missed anything and pzazzzz....my post was gone! That has happened twice to me. Is there anywhere to find it when that happens, or is it gone permanently.

Blue...a very, very happy birthday. Sounds divine. I love the sunflowers in the middle of table and absolutely love the idea of the toast for each of your pals. I agree with your philosophy of birthdays as we get older. I say...eat the baquette and a small piece of the rhubarb cake. The reason I say this is because you have proven that you can get right back on plan. I don't think it will derail you.

Anyone...what kind of chicken wings do you buy? Also, what kind of sausage (breakfast)?

I continue to be Cap D. A soothing, steady, constant, peaceful, hopeful, and confident kind of Cap D. And for those who don't know what Cap D means...it means I am capital D Determined. Very, very determined.

Lori, great job on that new number. I got one today too!

Trying to remember some of Trigger's closing phrases/sentences. Man, I almost looked back on other pages....and then I would have lost this post!

I am getting old. I need to write down what she has said. I am always so motivated by those sayings. But of course now, can't remember even one!

Hang on everyone! We can, and ARE, doing this.

KMom
kauaimom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #737
Senior LCF Member

And Blue....I got that same gorgeous day! Smile

We have had some pretty amazing ones lately!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #738
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme View Post
Hey Foodlady,
I was reading about low-carb diets the other day and I read something about vegetarian eating. It made me think about you.
Do you take vitamin B-12 supplements?
I don't. I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian, so I don't have to worry as much about certain nutrients as vegans do. I do use flax seed to get the omega-3 I miss from not eating fish.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #739
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Thank you guys for all the lovely birthday wishes!

Boy, did we have a good time last night. I might have the funniest pals in the world, because we laughed so hard and so often last night. So many stories, memories. One of my pals is a professional singer and so we sang a lot too, w/her leading. Someone would say, the moon is full, and she'd burst into "Moon River" w/the rest of us tagging along. We went past midnight, yacking, laughing and singing.

Dinner was fantastic, and I took Kmom's advice and had some b-day treats. 2 slices of baguette and dessert. It was just such a magic night there was no stopping me from enjoying every single bit of it.

Today, frankly, boy was I hung over. Mixed martinis with wine, never good for me. So I was moving slow today and I had A LOT to do for our trip, but I got it done, and stole a nap too boot so I'm starting to feel much better.

Kmom---HATE it when a post disappears after all that work! If you leave the page here, it's gone, never to return.

I LOVE this: "A soothing, steady, constant, peaceful, hopeful, and confident kind of Cap D." Doesn't get much better than that. You go girl!

As for chicken wings, hubby buys whatever is on sale. Do you live near a Buffalo Wild Wings. Some nights we skip grilling them and just order out there. Their dry rub lemon pepper and their salt and vinegar are totally yummy AND pretty LC, 2 grams a wing. Some of those saucy wings get a lot higher in carbs. I like the dry rubs better anyway---crispy and good. AND, on Tuesdays they're 50 cents a wing. So that's often the night we choose to go there. Easy to order and pick up any time in the day, then warm up at night. We often get more than we're going to eat on Tuesdays as they're still great the next day or two.

Back on plan today, and very LC and calorie. No cravings, no desire to eat a lot after last night. The longer I do this, the more normal and good it feels to return to plan immediately and carry on. It is my habit now, and that's a good thing.

We're off tomorrow morning for Door County. Long drive, won't get there till later tomorrow, and then we'll head for our fave perch joint. Can't wait. I've got 4 good books lined up to read---we have a gorgeous verandah on the water and sitting out there and reading and watching the sail boats go by is heaven.

Bringing my laptop, so I will be checking in. I'm one who loves to check in on vacation if I can, very supportive action for me in tricky waters.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

One more thing Kmom---I try to copy my posts here when I think of it, just in case. Then if you're written a long juicy one, you've still got it to paste if something zaps you.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:02 AM   #741
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Blue......have a wonderful vacation! I'm glad you'll be checking in....I look forward to your posts SO much!

Well...I'm going with my Wednesday weigh in. Down a 1/2 lb for a new low. I sure am a turtle, but I can't complain as I haven't been strict with myself by any means.

TGIF.......hope the day goes quickly. Going for a run in a few minutes and then a boring day at work. Off to the golf course tomorrow & Sunday.

Have a good one!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #742
Senior LCF Member

Hi all..

Had a bit of a blip yesterday, but back on track today. I want to constantly default to this way of eating no matter what happens. This is not a diet for me, it is a woe. So if I have a blip...and I know there will be more...it is just that. A blip. Not a super bad one, but just ate some things off plan.

Thanks Blue for the tip about Buffalo Wild Wings. I am going to check to see where the closest one is to me. I think I will try some next Tuesday! And thanks for the tip about copying my posts if they are long.

Lori....I think being a turtle is quite good considering you have so many events to go to. Down a 1/2 pound and at a new low is something to cheer about! Enjoy your weekend of golfing.

I am so thankful for this woe. I wish I had found it earlier, but at the same time I am just thankful I found it!

KMom
Old 07-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #743
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

Well here I am in my happy place! It's our 25th year here, and we think of it as our "cabin." We're on the second floor of an old white clapboard hotel, with a big old verandah on bottom and top floor. It sits a bit up on a hill, looking out at the most gorgeous bay, an island off in the distance, a penninsula to the left, and sailboats blowing our from the marina to our right.

This is Door County, the "thumb" on the mitten that is Wisconsin. Famous for it's fabulous cherries, the best perch in the world, several stunning light houses, and abundant gardens.

My shoulders let down here, all stress disappears, only happy thoughts allowed. Shopping allowed too, and how. Fantastic little shops and art galleries. We went to some of our faves today.

So far, on plan. Perch last night, with a couple sweet potato fries. We make our lunches here---Tuna cheesys today. Tonight we're visiting with friends up from Madison at their place, so don't know what the menu will be, but
feeling positive about sticking to plan, perhaps a slight detour.

But all in all, feeling pretty committed as I had a lot of fun today trying on some pretty darn cute things that fit well and looked good, thanks to this LC woe. That is a pleasure I don't think I'll ever get over after so many years of
looking longingly at pretty things I knew would never fit me.

Hope you're all doing well---Kmom, don't worry about a little "blip" here and there. I've had some darn big old blobs got back on plan after, and
dropped more pounds! You can too. You WILL too.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #744
Senior LCF Member

Cool. My dad lives in Algoma.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #745
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like an awesome place Blue. Enjoy every minute!

Good day on the golf course. I won today...we'll see what tomorrow brings. Eating not stellar, but no worries.

Looks like we may get rained on tomorrow. Not much fun when it rains on the golf course. We start early, so hoping we get our round in before the skies open up. It was sad to see all the damage caused by the storm this week. Huge trees toppled over. The course was closed for 2 days while they cleared the worst of the damage.

Hope you're having a great weekend!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #746
Senior LCF Member

Lori: Congrats on the win today.

Blue: Ahhhh....sigh....Door County. I remember going there when I was first married. I think we went to a "fish boil." I remember it tasting SO GOOD! So have you gone to that exact same place every year?

I have had a great lc day. For some reason, I have eaten a lot of tuna and mayo. Had my normal omelet for breakfast. Feel good. Feel steady. Feel Cap D!

Tomorrow I will be at one of my grandson's baseball games. It starts at 10:45. I will be prepared! I am bringing lots of lc stuff so when my family eats from the concession, I will have a plethora of great tasting food of my own! I really do like the hot dogs at places like that (and also professional baseball games). I may just buy a hot dog and bring my own catsup and a small piece of Lavash break to wrap it in. It is so cool the adjustments we can make to eat what everyone else is eating, if we want.

I don't know how many of you get the onion rolls from this site, but they are SO GOOD. I know Blue gets them. My new thing is to cut them in fourths lengthwise (while they are frozen). I take out one from the freezer and maybe let it sit for a couple of minutes and then take a bread knife and slice it vertically. It makes four nice pieces of roll! And each one is only .5 carbs!

Tonight I took two of them and put tuna and mayo and a little cheese on them and melted the cheese. Delish!

Missing Trigger. Bet she is having a great time! I think she brought lots of bacon with her to help her keep eating lc whenever possible.

KMom
Old 07-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #747
Senior LCF Member

OK....Here is how I am going to report my weight loss. I am going to report by tens. So if it says....10x1, you will know I have lost ten pounds. And so on. Can't wait till it says 10X10!!!!!

So for now, here is my sign-off...

KMom 10x1
Old 07-14-2014, 05:57 AM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

Beautiful day here! I am going to try an egg and meat woe for three days. I have never done this before. Just looking for a little "boost" in this weigh loss journey.

I think there are a couple of threads on this so I will "lurk" and see if I can gain some knowledge and learn from what other people have done.

I bought some capris from LL Bean in a size that almost fits! I think by the end of this week or next I can wear them. That will be a fun day for me!

KMom 10x1
Old 07-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #749
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning and CONGRATULATIONS KMom!!!! The first 10 gone for good!

I had a good weekend on the golf course. Won the first day and lost the 2nd. Oh well.....you can't win them all, right? I rode in a cart both days, so didn't get nearly as many steps as usual, but still a good number. I was afraid to step on the scale this morning, as I ate whatever all weekend. To my surprise, I didn't gain an ounce! That sets me up for a new low number this week.....fingers crossed!

Tomorrow is our 25th wedding anniversary and we'll be going out to dinner. It's a great Italian place that has the best Bruschetta & I usually order their homemade ravioli with portabella mushrooms in a pink cream sauce........Oh my......to die for! I shall enjoy every morsel and celebrate the day!

I'm hoping for an easy work week as my boss is out on vacation and has left me some of his stuff to do. All of it involves $$ and it makes me nervous to be making decisions about the company finances! After 30 years here, they trust me to make the right accounting entries etc. Nothing that can't be fixed if I do screw it up!

Thinking of all our vacationing buddies and hope they're having a great time!

Let's get this week started!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #750
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

Kmom---Yep 25 years in the exact same place. So you've been to Door County, and yes, fish boils are a big deal up here, but I much prefer the pan fried perch. They don't do perch in our neck of the woods, can't find it on any menu, or at any fish fry in Minnesota, at least not that I've seen. To me it is the sweetest most delicious of lake fish, and up here it's always very fresh, and they prepare it so well. VERY thin coating just enough to crips it up a bit, lots of good tartar sauce. mmmmm.

Congrats on the 10 pounds down and good luck on the meat and eggs thing. Don't know if it would be legal on that plan, but picking up some Trader Joe's Hollandaise sauce would sure make it more fun.---it's mostly just fat, so seems it could work.

Lori---Congratulations on your 25th anniversary!! So cool, and your dinner out sounds divine. Yes, enjoy every morsel, and don't forget to be oh so happy you got a good guy, right?

Trigger---Thinking you're back today, missed you and can't wait to hear about your trip.

So we are having our usual spendiferous time up here. Had a great time w/our friends the other night, but no such a great time on the woe. Had some chips and cowboy salsa, did ok through dinner, had TWO pieces of her rasberry crumble dessert. With ice cream. They were small pieces, but still couldn't believe myself. Rarely go hog wild on the desserts, but this time I did.

Back on plan for all of yesterday, did well. Plan to be on plan today too. All in all, doing well, compared to what I used to eat up here, and considering it is vacation.

Cool cloudy day here, so we're off to poke around and see what new things we can find. Bringing cheese and strawberries and we're just going to drive all the country roads up here and take it all in. Sometimes you run right into a quaint little art gallery or a great place to take pix---hubby is a photographer. So, fun day ahead.