Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 04:02 AM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Thanks for that soup receipe. sounds delish actually. I kinda gave up soups. I love the creamy ones and since this is like that, I wrote it down. will be making it !!

Blue---glad you are having fun. doesn't sound like too bad on the carbs. summer is the fun time isn't it? the big 'be careful' of the fun party times. I know LOL

----doing well but cancelled my florida trip. yup. not sad about it. had troubles leaving the new baby horse. scheduling with hubbys work was a nightmare. july 4 brother and family coming down and it all got into a bungled mess right now.

I scheduled this trip 11 months ago I knew one time I did this so far in advance it would get screwed up...well this one did on the timing.

it is ok tho---we am booking a campground on the beach for next week and going away only like 4 days instead of 10 like this trip. next month I go 10 days to florida trip again in a diff. location. that trip will happen.

some times ya gotta just cancel. I was getting overwhelmed on trying to get it all ready to get this trip to happen.

super busy again. off I go....everyone hold strong.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2014, 06:00 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Morning!

Oh Trig, sorry you had to cancel your trip, but sometimes things just don't come together as planned. At least you have another one to look forward to!

Back on track today. I didn't weigh myself, but I don't "feel" like I've gained much, if anything from my weekend indulgences. I may check in on the scale tomorrow and then Thursday is my official weigh in day.

Made it to boot camp this morning. It was a tortuous arms workout. I may not be able to lift my arms to brush my hair by tomorrow! I'm hoping to get 3 boot camp sessions in this week and 1 or 2 running workouts. DH is not sure if he'll be able to run with me or not. He still has to baby his back a bit, although he said this morning it feels much better.

Have a good start to your week!
Old 06-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi Gals,

Food Lady! We're here to support each other, and we can do that no matter what each of us eats or doesn't. True, lots of LC talk and tips here, but if you don't mind that, we'll learn something about your woe too.

KMom---Seems you are very good with experimenting w/new LC options and a variety of foods. That will serve you very well as you go forward on this woe.

Trigger---Sounds like you feel relieved to have cancelled your vacation, and the sting is less because you have another one coming up. I find getting out of town is a task, and getting settled when we get home, unpacked, laundry,
catch up of all kinds, another task. Love the in-between of course!

Home again for a little bit before I have to go out for a birthday party for a pal. It's at a Greek restaurant, so I will have a greek salad w/gyros meat. So far today only, two ham and cheese roll ups and a couple pickles at the cabin this morning.

Did well yesterday w/the carbs, but there was simply food around all weekend, everywhere, so cals have been higher than usual. All in all I did fine, w/Saturday night dinner being my only treats. I will say that the Wallace Pork rinds saved me over and over this weekend, what w/all the dips and snacking going on. My family enjoys a good cocktail hour w/plenty of appetizers!

Haven't been on the scale yet, since we just got back and it's mid day. Will see what the damage is tomorrow morning.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Food Lady!!
Meme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #665
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Welcome Food Lady!

Blue: Talked to my doctor today about magnesium. She is fine with me taking it, but just wanted to make sure that I knew it also did also affected the body in other ways. She would prefer I took a more natural approach....more water, prune juice, etc. but said the magnesium was fine too. I just think she is so balanced. I feel so blessed to have her as my doctor. Also, I still need to read up on that doctor you told me about.

Doctor appointment went well. I explained all that happened and how I thought I had a grip on the triggers for the irregular heart beat and that I would like to just see if watching those triggers could keep it under control. She many times let me make my own decisions, but not on this one. I had an EKG today and a ton of blood work. Plus she wants me to see a very good friend of hers who is a cardiologist. I so respect her so when she says I need to do something, I know I need to!

I am a CapD for sure today! I just know in my heart I am going to do this! I am eating in a way that is sustainable. For life!

I feel so great and don't think about food all the time. I feel in control. I am eating tasty, healthy food.

Blue, I too am thankful for the Wallace Pork Rinds...although I brought a couple of bags to Chipotle thinking they would be great with the guacamole. I don't know what happened...if the flavors fought each other, or what. I just know it was not what I thought it was going to be. But I love them with a bowl with a small amount of sour cream and salsa mixed together.

So thankful today for this woe and for this thread.

KMom
kauaimom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, while I cancelled the long trip, I just booked July 9-13 at the beach for a short trip

I want to go somewhere, just not that far away. that new baby horse has thrown me for a loop literally. I have to start ground work with it. and a zillion other things going on in life...you know. sometimes it gets to be too much too fast in my face.

Blue, I just told Lori I got a trip next week. short one. but I have that long one in august. by then I should be ok to head out and have some long vacation fun

------I am in a mood people! Just BLAH. too much too do and handle and control.
It gets me down when I get overwhelmed cause I can't do 800 things at once like I used too, now I can only do 300 things at once HAHA.

hit the scale out of curiousity. down 1/2 more. which is a good thing. I absolutely am holding onto that thinner, no bloat feeling eating vlc. I do like that alot. that is a feeling I love.

those 16 capris I bought just to have something to wear are all but falling off. I know the 14 juniors I have are a bit tight, but they fit. NOW my goal is to get them bit loose and just stay into those things My august trip to the beach I should be in alot of my other clothes I like to wear.

so all in all I am going in the right direction, my closet is opening up slowly to me and all seems to be good.

got dog groomed yesterday. today I am off to the hairdresser for myself

hold the lc course people. it works no doubt about that and if we work it, we lose!!
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:16 AM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Hang in there Trig. Just take one thing at a time and you'll get there! Congrats on the loose clothes.....woohoo!!

DH decided not to run with me this morning. He wants to give his back more time and I think that's a wise decision. It was SO hot and humid, even at 5:30 this morning. Blech!

We're going to a cookout at some friends tonight. I'm going to do my best to eat right. I'm just glad to not have to worry about what to make for dinner!

July 1 already! Summer is flying by! This is a busy time at work with month end reports etc. I'm glad to be a bit busier as when I'm not, the day just drags. I sit here and think of all the things I could be doing at home. Sigh.......retirement cannot come soon enough!

Have a great day!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

Up and at 'em early this am. Cleaning woman is coming and I have to clean for her, LOL. You know how that is. She comes twice a month and I'll tell ya, she is my ultimate luxury, so good at what she does, so I like to give her a clear landing.

Kmom---Happy to hear you had such a good visit w/your trusted Doctor, and that she is taking no chances with your health.

I tried everything to stay regular on LC and nothing worked but magnesium. Love this woe, but it has stopped me up from the get go. Not sure I see mag as "un-natural" in that it is a supplement, not the same as taking Milk of Magnesia or other stronger laxatives. Plus it is helpful for many other things and largely safe in dosages of 350 mg for most people. Google Magnesium and check out the Web MD page. Like all things, taking too much can cause problems and should not be taken by people w/kidney problems. If you decide to take it, maybe start out with 200 mg and see if that does the trick.
Always good to take the least amt. of anything necessary to work, imo.

Trigger---YAY on another 1/2 pound down! And how cool is it that those 16s are falling off? Let me answer. VERY COOL. Keep putting on those 14s and watch them loosen up too.

Hate that overwhelmed feeling, glad you're getting your hair done today---that always makes me feel better.

Lori---Can't believe you run in high humidity. Wow, I can hardly walk in that kind of weather.

Well, my cleaning break is over, back later to report in for myself.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

HA HA. Just had a good laugh on myself. Got my new Wallace Pork Rind order this morning. Wanted to try the Salt and Vinegar, and the smaller bags. Site is kind of wonky to understand and wasn't paying attention to exactly what I was ordering.

Ended up with 120 bags of pork rinds, Half Salt and Vinegar, and I hadn't even tried those yet! Good news is I loves 'em. Dipped them in Salsa Lisa for breakfast, so DARN good. Seriously good, like in as I can't believe I can have them. Figured out it cost me about 50 cents a bag, even with the rather high shipping. Good deal and I'm stocked up for quite awhile.

Kmom---Don't particularly like even these, best pork rinds ever, by themselves, but dipped in the right things, they are the best LC crunchers I've found so far, by far. I think Chipolte's guac is very vinegary and I don't think there's as much good avocado flavor as the kind you make yourself, so give the real stuff a try w/the pork rinds. I love mine with my homemade guac.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Food Lady
I wish there was a veg version of pork rinds. I guess kale chips. Can someone point me to a thread explaining the acronyms? I had to look up JUDD on google, and I don't know what WOE means, as well as other terms. Thanks.
Food Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Hi food lady.....forgot to say HI. (I am in a blah mood , and just kinda not myself for some reason)

WOE
way of eating

JUDDD Dr. Johnsons Up Down Diet
Juddd is on this forum

BAB (big azz breakfast)

vlc (very low carb)

nc (net carbs)

Blue, while shopping, I saw salt ving. pork rinds. ALMOST bought a bag. but my gosh I hate them. I even figured a buck was too much LOL....maybe I should just get a bag and try them and SEE if I can handle them with flavoring??? I checked out Wallace, while sounds great, my gosh I don't like rinds.

so on the fence!!!!!!!! what's a buck tho....I gotta do it next shop trip LOL
Old 07-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #672
Senior LCF Member

Oh, ok. count nc's.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

well right now I AM doing Atkins 1972...old one and they DO NOT count the fiber/sugar alcohol subtractions.

there are alot of versions.

I am right now in the 3-4-5-6 TOTAL carbs for the day category.
then there is SUBTRACT the fiber/s.a. category, which I was doing before, lost good and then realized I needed to 'strict' myself more.

whatever ya do....keep it Low Carb. like under 25 mostly and the inches and lbs will move for most everyone
Old 07-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #674
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Trig---

I've got an idea. Send me your address in a PM, and I'll send you 2 bags of the Wallace pork rinds, one salt and Vinegar and one sour cream salsa. See if you like them, Lord knows I can spare a few. I would NOT recommend buying any old pork rinds as most are just not good compared to these. Too hard, too chewy, too over flavored. These are so crispy and light and the flavoring is not over done, and they don't have that overly porky taste. As I've said, till these, didn't like them much myself.

So gals, hopped on the scale this am, back up to 183.4. SIGH. Not surprised. Although my carbs were pretty good over my vacation, I simply ate more and didn't drink enough water to boot. Last night I was very good on the carbs, but again, couple of lemon chicken wings appetizer split w/the gals, big greek salad w/gryos meat, mushroom soup that came w/it, and bites of saganaki cheese. Just more food than I usually eat.

Although I will say, Greek restaurants are the bomb for LC eating. Great salads and gyros meat (just make sure it's a traditional Greek restaurant and not a fast food place, as I hear they add a lot of fillers to the gyros in SOME fast food Greek joints), fabulous lemon chicken wings, great fish options. The place we ate at last night was fantastic and very reasonable.

SO. I've got about 10 days to rock it down to 180 before we leave for our week long vacation. Can't afford to maintain where I am just because another vacation is coming, or I'll have a lot more to fight off when we get back.

Then things should slow down a bit and I can get back to actually losing something, instead of bouncing up and down the same old pounds. I'm OK w/this actually. Although we all prefer to be in losing mode if we're not at goal, sometimes life happens. And even at goal it will be the same program---you fight off the treat/bloat pounds NOW, before there are more of them!
Old 07-02-2014, 04:43 AM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

You said it Blue. even at goal we will all be fighting the same 3-4 lb up and down to hold and stay there. Summer truly is an active/social time. One thing is if we hold what we lost, don't gain, we are way ahead of the game. I think of it as learning how to maintain...something we all have to know!

------MIL and kiddo wanted chinese last night. yea we all went out. hubby said we could go somewhere diffferent if I wanted, I said, no, lets do what they want. I ate ok. sodium got me of course. stuck mostly to fresh shrimp/salad bar and a few bites of other junk. take 2 days to get rid of whatever bloat is there and will be fine.

today is easy day actually. gonna start loading rv for trip next week. easy food....stuff on the grill for dinner tonight. might just do big old honking bacon cheeseburgers.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:43 AM   #676
Senior LCF Member

You girls are SO right. We must learn the maintenance part, even though we're not quite to goal. Summer is so hard for me. I'm keeping up with my exercise and mindful eating to try to mitigate any damage. I will stay the course till September and then its a blitz to get this last 25 off!

Oops....I have that 2+ week Europe/cruise trip in October. Hmmm........sure hope the wheels don't fall off while I'm over there! Yikes! I will give it a strict go Sept 1 thru Oct 10..then...who knows No worries, I'm going to enjoy every minute! I just KNOW that by Spring 2015, I WILL be at goal!

I'm so glad to have this place to check in each day. It really helps "keep me in line"

Have a great day!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:06 AM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

wow Lori that cruise sounds wonderful! I am jealous

I am keeping vigilence big time right now, hoping for a bit off the scale, but right now my trips are starting up and I am going to think of this time as maintain to the MAX, anything off the scale, even a 1/2 at this point is a good thing!! Summer is super active fun time for me also. As soon as school starts back for kiddo, that is going to be my BLITZ time, just like you mentioned.

I can't blitz right now. too much happening, but as soon as I get my ducks in a row and that time is right....blitz to the max!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #678
Senior LCF Member

Well Trigg, I did stock up on my bacon like you.
There is this really great smaller grocery store with the best meat department in the world with a real butcher who actually knows how to cut meat and plenty of it and the cheapest prices per pound of anywhere. They had the 12oz. bacon pack priced at $2.79 and I bought $23 of it...lol Can't run out of a staple like that!
My basket definitely looked like a low-carb lady basket. All meats, steak, pork chops, ground beef, bacon and quart of cream...
Love it..
Old 07-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #679
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hi Everyone
Im still hanging in there.Like veryone hs said summer is hard to eat right.But I am maintaing. I am enjoying my WOE and I am still at 243 did go up to 246 but changed my eating as I ws eating bread for my carbs instead of veggies so now I hav erelaly cut back on the bread.
I am allowed Eziekiel 4:9 breads and I like it alot especially the hamburger buns cause then I can have a burger on a bun.

Last night we had brown rice spaghetti and it was really good.I couldn't tell any difference in it and the regular.And it is so much better for you. Even our company didn't know it was brown rice. I measured mine all out and skipped the texas toast gralic bread which I really like ALOT!But I'm glad today I disciplined myself and passed it up.

Trigger I remember awhile back you told me to watch the carbs and I didn't, but I sure am now.That is why I gained at first. This plan counts veggies & starches as Carbs.

Blue
I get to 240 and then go back up seem I get stuck and can't get past the dreaded 240. But I am not quitting this WOE.I am learning new things each day and finding out what I cna have and not have I am tracking andthat helps me alot! For the last 3 days I have been right on my Goal target for the day 1200-1600 cal a day. I am suppose to loose 2lbs a week that way. I weigh on SUnday mornings and I will be out of town this week end so I won't weigh again until Tuesday morning when we get back home.But hopefully while we are gone I will make right food choices as we will be eating out almost everyday, at least once.

Lori
Your Cruise sound amazing.I have always wanted to go n a Cruise but my Dh gets sea sick So I guess that is out! My DREAM vacation has alwasy been Hawaii BUT at my age that probably will never happen either.

Meme
That is really cheap bacon. WOW. I pay over $5.00 a pkg for a 12oz pkg of bacon. But I buy the no msg,no nitrates or nitires minnamely(SP) processed so I suppose that is why it is so much more. I alwaya go through the pkgs and look at the back, because if the back has alot of meat on it, then it's meaty throughout the entire pkg
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

Meme you did very well on that bacon! a stock pile is important for me. bacon is a real staple. today I had a boatload in the morning yummy and sooooo filling for me.

I got pork chops for the grill tonight. going to cajun spice them....hubby has some kind of weird bbq sauce on his. I don't like his 'vingeary' tasting bbq and the sugar kind is out so I find I hit the cajun spice now for most things.

what kind of steaks are you buying?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #681
Senior LCF Member

I love pork chops but it's getting harder to find pork with a good amount of fat on it. I've tried the lean stuff and it's almost inedible. I think that's why people cover a big ham with all of that sugar glaze.

I love the good fatty chops...yum. Garlic powder really adds a lot to the flavor too.
I used to like marinating them in pineapple juice and soy sauce with garlic powder and it's like a Hawaiian flavor, but too much sugar in the juice for now.
You can't go wrong with grilling them....
Old 07-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #682
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Lori---From what I've heard about cruises, the food is often buffet style and with LOTS of low carb options. But somehow, I don't think that's what's going to be on your mind when you set sail. So I say, hey it's the trip of a lifetime, just enjoy.

Berta---good to hear from you and nice to hear you're doing so well w/your new woe. Seems something in this new woe speaks to you, and I hope you follow its voice. But no matter what, ANY woe will demand patience, time and exploration to make it work. I think you know that, and I hear a lot of enthusiasm for where you're at. Very GOOD.

Trigger---regarding the dastardly Chinese buffet, do you like egg foo yung? I think its quite tasty. Anywho, it's a very LC option at a Chinese buffet. Like you, when I go, I have the salad, w/the hard boiled eggs that are always there. I also have a mound of the Salt and pepper shrimp. Do you have that at your place? Add some egg foo yung, and it's a doable LC feast. I also add in a spoonful of beef and chicken dishes, w/out any rice. But yeah, the MSG content is always a problem.

Meme---Good work on the bacon deal! I don't eat as much bacon as some do here, but I do love it. In fact, having it for dinner w/other goodies.

So, dropped two pounds this am to 181.3. Good. Now I think it is quite reasonable that I can drop another one or two by the time we leave for vacay again, and that's all I need to do right now, although anything more would be appreciated!

I expect to come home a pounds up again, which is why I need to get down a couple pounds. In semi-maintenace right now, for sure, and accepting that's the way it is. I WILL do well on my week's vacation, have done so before, and am planning all kind of LC options, which we will bring w/us.

BUT, there will be some treats, and even when I think I'm eating LC out, you never know, right? Because we just don't know what is exactly in the food we eat, even if we make our best LC choices.

Today, VERY clean. I've still got lots of carbs and cals to spend. Working on my dinner now. It will be sliced avocado, with crispy bacon on top, two poached eggs and Trader Joe's hollandaise sauce dribbled over it all.

Sounds like a feast to me right about now. Sometimes I just can't believe the goodies I can have!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

Today I had a NSV. I went to Costco and got a slice of pizza. I brought my own half of a Joseph's pita. So I scraped off the top of the pizza and put in on the pita. The pita was not strong enough to hold it so I rolled it and cut it into slices! Yum! First time I have done that. And Trig, I did not care who was watching or someone said something!! I kinda expected someone to come over to me and say something like...."Hey, are you a LC'er?"

Another NSV. Went to McDonalds and got a McDouble. Took off one part of the bun. Now here is the fun part. I have a new term. FAB (fade away bun). So there was still half of the bun left. Well, I would peel off the part closest to me and take a bite. The other part was still there and acted like the needed "shelf" to support the burger. So I did that again and again, and the bun just faded away. And yet, it served a useful purpose....supporting the hamburger as I took bites. PLUS, I think I might have taken a tiny bite of the bun some of the times. But minuscule!!!

Say, in all these years of my life, I never knew Asparagus made a person's urine have a bad odor. Where have I been???

I am a strong CapD and will report a significant weight loss in a few weeks. I am going down, down, down!

I will read up on everyone's posts tomorrow and comment. I am tired tonight.

KMom
Old 07-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #684
Senior LCF Member

When I eat a double burger I just keep both slices of bread, holding the meat like you would hold a banana with the peel and just tear off both sides and toss as you eat the meat. Nobody ever notices that your throwing the bread away piece by piece and you never have to special order w/o bun.
Once I had a small piece of bread with my bite of meat and I could taste the sugar in the bread right away! Of course I didn't eat it.
But that just goes to show what else is really in the bread.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #685
Senior LCF Member

Meme, you're brilliant! And the picture in my head is hilarious for some reason: all those unsuspecting diners. lol, brilliant
Old 07-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #686
Senior LCF Member

FL, Years ago I met someone who had been over 300+ lbs and had lost it all and was down to around 150. We were eating at McDonalds and as I looked over, he was eating only the meat and I couldn't believe because those were in the days when low-fat was in. I remember arguing that the meat had the fat and the bread was OK as Weight Watchers had promoted. All he could say is that was how he lost all of his weight.

Low-fat doesn't work because it is totally based on low=fat products with imitation everything, like low-fat cardboard cheese, watered down low-fat milk which is just the trash leftover after removing the fat/cream, yogurt with aspartame was mandatory on WW when I did it...
If you ever look at a Low-fat frozen food nutrition label you will see 24grams of carbs in the form of sugar in the sauce. Because when they remove the fat, they have to put something in and that would be the sugar and salt.

Well, He was right.....
Old 07-03-2014, 04:47 AM   #687
Major LCF Poster!

Blue, not an egg foo yung person here but I was lucky cause I was only up 2 lbs. so I did control the eating well at this buffet. that was more sodium junk than anything else.

Slowly I am looking at food differently. AND this time it is more real to me. I walk a buffet line and SAY YUCK to most of what I used to eat so that is helping. I said yuck before but didn't mean it as much as I do now. What seems to be helping me is TIME on lc. just longer and longer on plan certain meals are just truly seeming useless to eat.

I am one that takes a long time to change. I hate change, but over a long time I see some differences in me that are finally sticking. finally

KM------now YOU are a LC'er!!! That is the stuff I do. I could care less what anyone thinks about how I eat a meal! YOU GO GIRL!
when we eat out for breakfast I bring an everything bagel in my purse. toast it at home, wrap it up and whip it out at the restaurant and load it up with butter ---I also have a small container in my purse with my Morton's Lite Salt. pull that out and sprinkle salt on my food and believe me the looks I get --what in the world is that woman putting on her food!!!! I haven't had table salt in over a year.

Meme, you are right about the dry meat with little fat. you do need to add sugar glaze or other things to make it tasty. the fat has the flavor I never was a big honking ham person. it was always so dry--those spiral hams. bleck.

-------good morning all. nice day here. not too busy. gotta hit the store for a few things than home with usual chores and I want to hit the pool later. gonna be hot and sunny which is a nice change from the weird rainy weather we had coming into summer.

easy food today. Today is 5-6 total carb day. very controlled.

remember all, we are LC'ers. WE DO WHAT WE GOTTA DO TO SURVIVE IN THIS CRAZY FOOD WORLD
Old 07-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!

Lori: I like your attitude. I wish I could say this phrase..."Blitz to get the last 25 off." Someday I will. I am just so far from being able to say that. But then the CapD kicks in and I know it will happen. And I will be ready to give you a big cheer in the spring of 2015!

Meme: Bacon. I need to buy more. I was buying the bacon crumbles at Costco for a while, but I think I will go back just to buying the regular kind and cook it up. Your McDoubles hamburger illustration was great. I don't know why I thought I had to take one half of the bun off first. What do you do about the stuff sticking to one side of the bun? Do you just not eat that stuff (onion, catsup, cheese, etc.) That story about the man in McDonalds was powerful. Wonder how many people tried this woe of eating, but gave up because society was telling them it was wrong. Seems like we have so much support now.

Berta: I am glad you still like your new woe. Two pounds a week is a great goal. Sounds like you are committed to make this work.

Trig: Me too. I am getting better the longer I am on this woe. You are right. Our eyes see things differently. And I am going to start to think of what should be in my purse when I leave the door. Is there a possibility I am going to get stuck wanting something to eat while I am out. What can I have in my purse to be ready? Many times I take the McDouble and put it in 1/4 of a Joseph's pita bread. It makes a triangle. The McDouble slips nicely into it (like a pocket!). Loved your Everything Bagel story.

Planning for a solid lc day. This excites me. Summer is a time for me to have the emotional energy for this. I need to take advantage of it. But I also plan to do well during the school year (I am a teacher).

I am learning so much. And I feel so supported.

Off to drink some water.

KMom
Old 07-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #689
Senior LCF Member

Hey!

This day is getting away from me! Scale was up a pound this week. I deserve it.....have been less than vigilant. Bad Lori, bad, bad Lori.

I'll be on the golf course 3 days in a row starting tomorrow. The weekend will be a blur. There will be some eating and drinking, just hope all the exercise will take care of the excess. I did do 3 days of boot camp this week. Today was a real killer. Of course, I say that every day!

I wore a dress to work today that I haven't worn in years. It is a simple straight dress, very comfy. Size Medium! Was thrilled when I tried it on and it fits great! So many compliments at work, you'd think I have on a ball gown!

Made a grocery store run at lunch time. What a mess! Glad that is over. Traffic is horrendous too. I'll be glad when I'm home with the car parked for the night after work.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe everyone!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

Lori nothing like good compliments. You probably rocked that dress!
3 days of golfing (if ya stay close to vlc) should do wonders for your scale. sweat it out in that heat

---KM---OH SO SMART about the pita. I buy flatout tortilla LC bread every now and then. 5 carbs each. Hubby and kiddo dragged me to Hardees (cause WE HAD TO GO to Lowes and get a new toilet. Hubby was replacing wax ring in kiddo's bathroom, dropped the toilet and cracked the back tank). OH YEA! lets go spend some money we didn't have too

but they were hungry. I got the LC 1/3 bacon cheeseburger. I got to say eating it with that lettuce was nasty. ok in taste, just as messy as it could be. not a fan....but you just made me realize I should bring a tortilla flatout in my purse when we go out. DUH!!!!! get a burger, ditch the bread, put it in my flatout, EAT with clean hands. SMART girl. thanks for opening my eyes to that one. like I said, duh to me. sometimes I just forget the easy solution.