Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
sneaked a look at the scale.

down 1 more lb. WEE. anything down is a good thing

Blue, your porch sounds beautiful. I am a turquoise person also. my new golf cart is that color!!! You are so right there isn't anything like a screened porch. I wish my back deck was but it 'kinda' isn't a good configuration to do it. My nanny had a front screened porch in NJ. We would visit and live on that porch literally and had a blast.

Lori, hope ya feel better. Hope you aren't getting something icky.

KM, your dr. sounds so cool. like mine. she is also a fan of LC. she and I chat up a blue streak when I see her. I like when they 'aren't' just Drs. and show some human side to them and are people ya like!

today was LC bagel and bacon (rare to have one nowadays, but I wanted it, so I had it. this is kinda wonky when A72 is 'total carbs' and my bagel I have to subtract fiber to get 2 nc per bagel. So not worrying. I have cut the lc breads ALOT so this one should not worry me at all.

dinner tonight is hot wings and pizza tops. Hubby has been begging for his pizza place so tonight we are going. kiddo and friend will get pepperoni/cheese so I will scrape one off and eat my wings with it. Done deal

should get thru this day easy. ate my bacon and bagel about 1. dinner around 6. easy sailing cause I am stuffed to the max right now and should be for a good bit.

hold strong everyone!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2014, 03:46 PM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi gals!

Meme---Sounds like you're doing well w/your loses. Like I always say, every pound is like 4 sticks of butter on you, whether it's water or fat, it's a pound! Are you getting w/in 10 to 20 pounds of your goal? If so, my experience is that things just really slow down. I've got 15 pounds to go to goal. Seems like ever since I got under 185, it's been even slower.

Lori---Funny, but I get headaches when I drink less coffee. Have cut down my caffeine quite a bit lately because I felt it was making me anxious, and have had more headaches since I did, although they're slowing down now as my body adjusts to less caffeine.

KMom---Lucky you w/the Doc who believes in LC! And one who understands our battles with our weight. My brother is a doc and says that folks rarely show up low in Mag, but Dr. Eades explains why blood tests are not a good measure of the need for it. If you google Michael Eades, you'll get to his blog, which I think is great. Put Magnesium in the search and find his blog post about it. VERY interesting. (His practice is ALL ABOUT patients on LC due to weight or diabetic issues). Which is certainly not to preempt your Doc, but she may or may not be as specialized in this info as he is.

Trigger --- YES!!!! Another pound down! How many total now, and how long has it been on Atkins 74 now, about a month? Sure, you're going to want a little more variety as the weeks roll by. But now you've raised the bar on good LC eating, so those exceptions like the occasional LC bread are not likely to stop your progress, imo.

What we have to brace ourselves for is our vacations. Hoping we can both go into them with our mojo way up, and come out of them without the scale way up.

I love turquoise too. My dining room walls are turquoise. Probably sounds whoa! to many, but it's beautiful. I have an entire wall of pictures in there, all different bright colors, all pieces we've collected on vacations, and it's the happiest room in the world. And funny, I've always wanted a screened in front porch too, across the front of our bungalow. I would make one of our many living room windows into a door so we could walk right out to it. So far there's always been other priorities for our money, but I still dream of it.

Well gals, I did something I almost NEVER do today. Like it's been years. I went to the Mall of America! You've probably heard of it as it's one of the biggest malls in the country. It's about a 10 minute drive from our house, and I needed to get something for my brother's birthday this weekend. He's the guy who has everything and it's so hard to find a gift for him. They have a BrookStone out there, and a couple other places I thought I might have some luck.

Honest to God, it's like a small town. I'm the kind who likes to shop at artsy little stores in the neighborhood, not much of a mall gal, and this is the mother of all malls w/an amusement park in the middle of it, Sea Life aquarium, all kinds of restaurants, lego land, and all manner of STUFF. It's a sensory overdrive kind of place.

But, I got some cool stuff for the bro, and actually kind of enjoyed myself. Found a couple little treats for me too, earrings and a cool head band, little luxuries. All in all I had a not too terrible time. LOL. I'll go back in another 5 years.

Down a pound today. Eating has been really good, should finish the day at about 20 carbs. Feeling happy today, got the present out of the way, and am totally satisfied w/my woe. Have a new good book to crawl into bed with and the day off from work appointments tomorrow.

Life is good.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, holy mother of Jesus on roller skates ---can you believe the length of that post?!?! I think I've outdone myself. Feel free to ignore me when I get so carried away.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:58 AM   #634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that wasn't your longest post I don't think Blue

chat away girl!!!

my mind is saying variety. but my body isn't craving it SO much. weird. it comes down to the stupid mind again. I can get 'new' tastes with a smidge of herbs, sauces etc. but my MIND is saying---you want to eat differently than this---while my body is saying bacon and eggs and meat/salad are all ya need. we do well on that ONLY. don't monkey around. It is the mind that is a pain in the butt

Happiest room in the world! I love that!!! You made your home a great place to hang and restful and fun. Smart. I love my home also but honestly the best place to hang out for me is the barn. yea, nutjob here

------doing well. went out for pizza last night. had 'tops' off 2 slices, bit of parm cheese, few hot wings (brought rest home) and small salad I didn't finish.

today not hungry. will do bacon eggs for brunch sometime. grilling pork chops and small salad tonight. nothing dramatic in the food dept here.

I never ate breakfast. always started eating like 12-1-2pm. When I started this LC journey, I started eating a big azz breakfast (BAB) and it really helped me hold thru the day. NOW since I am more in deep ketosis, I find I am going back to NOT eating breakfast....which is truly the way I like to roll. I find that interesting. One way worked for a bit with a BAB, now I find I don't need it and can kinda go back to my old schedule of eating.

see it proves these journeys change constantly. It doesn't have to be one straight line. We all work thru it our own way, find what gets us to goal and change with the tides.

busy busy day. got alot to do. off and running and will check back later but congrats to anyone who has losses on the scale today!!!!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 06-25-2014 at 05:01 AM..
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:19 AM   #635
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Morning!

I finally got a good night's sleep, thanks to the fine people at AdvilPM! I took 1 and went to bed at 8:30. Got up at my normal 4:30 to get ready for boot camp. We did boxing today. Love hitting that heavy bag!

I had my protein shake after class and a TB of coconut oil in my coffee and am hoping to not eat till 1 or 2. Hubby is having a carb fest for dinner, so I don't know what I'll eat. I'll dig up something low carb for me. I've also got to do some cleaning for the weekend as tomorrow night we're going out and then Friday afternoon my sister arrives for the weekend. She loves sitting on my front porch, so I must give that a good scrub and also run the vacuum thru the downstairs. I have a cleaning lady, but she only comes once a month and it's not till next week.

Ok...time to get this day going. I'm pooped from boxing this morning...hope I get my second wind soon!

Old 06-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Dealing with a pretty mean irregular heart beat. Hoping to see the doctor today. I posted on the main board to see if anyone else has had trouble with eating LC.
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KM, I have PVCs. I had a heart cath, 24 hr heart monitor, sonagram, ekg stress test
for me, literally it is the asparatme in the diet soda.

it aggrevates my pvcs to the ultimate max.

I am fine cause PVCs are benign, just super annoying and ya swear you are going to go straight into a heart attack.

are ya drinking alot of diet soda? or fake sweetners or anything more than normal?

just checking with ya. throwing out options cause ya never know.

PLUS dehydration can cause heart flutters and more. or loss of electrolytes.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

Trigger---Yeah, it always gets me when folks talk about recognizing "real hunger" as if that's the ticket. IMO, mind hunger is just as "real." I'm rarely hungry, as in growling stomach or light headed. I'm more often mind hungry, and it's a powerful force.

LOVE the "BAB" term, I'm like you, not a breakfast eater, even when I was a kid. Food is just not appealing to me till I've been up at LEAST a few hours. Been hearing "eat breakfast" all my life to cure all kinds of diet ills, but I don't fight my body's rhythms anymore. Useless.

Kmom --- Hope you get some comfort and good info from your Doc. It's scary when our hearts don't feel right in our bodies.

Lori --- Few things help more than a good night's sleep!

Down to 180 on the dot today. 3 more pounds to my low. Had a delishy cheeseburger in lettuce wrap today from hardees, which BTW, they call "a LC burger." Progress. Hardees is the BEST, imo, really good, juicy, well seasoned burgers w/cheese, onion and tomato. YUM.

Don't know about dinner yet, something LC. On a mission to get back to my low!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and one more thing. Kmom and Trig, On the PVC's and aspartame as a possible "trigger" check out Hanson's diet sodas. No caffeine, no aspartame, no sodium, no preservatives. Lots of good flavors. Mandarin Lime and Black Cherry are my faves. MMMMMMM.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue I don't have that in my area. wish I did. I will hit their website and see if any store around me might have it???? you mentioned that a few times and I just can't find it.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:20 AM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Well, I hopped on the scale this morning and was quite encouraged to see the same number as last week. I have really not had a good week with my eating, so I'm quite happy to maintain. Also.....I had not "gone" for 2 days IYKWIM so I'm thinking I may have even lost a bit. I may hop on tomorrow again and see what the evil digital numbers have to say. We're going out for dinner tonight, so that may not be a good idea. I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning.

My schedule is busy starting tonight. Eating, drinking, socializing right thru the weekend. Friends coming into town today, then my sister coming tomorrow.

We went out for our little 2 mile run/walk this morning and it was SO humid! I just felt like I couldn't get my breath! Humidity is supposed to break tonight.

I'm planning on boot camp in the morning depending how I feel when I get up. My lower back has been "barking" at me the last couple days. I keep stretching and trying to loosen it up. It's a chronic thing that I go to the Chiro every 6 weeks for. It's been really good lately...not sure what I did to aggravate it. Hard to tell with all the moves we do in boot camp!

Ok..enough of my babbling. Have a wonderful Thursday!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

Lori: Good job on maintaining. Stay strong during the eating, drinking, and socializing now thru the weekend. So much socializing is based on food. For a ton of people, that is OK. For some of us, it is not. I am trying to learn to bring stuff with me, although is still seems kind of awkward.

Trigger: Thanks for all your help and advice and support about the heart stuff. I think I know my triggers, but want to write down what happens BEFORE I get an episode so I will be more knowledgeable. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday. No more episodes since the one on Tuesday.

Blue: Didn't know about Hardee's. I will try one of those for sure. I have been eating McDonald's McDoubles on my own LC bread. I also ask them to add lettuce and tomato. Not sure of the carb count. Thanks for the tip about Hansen's diet soda. I have heard of it. Do you think Cub has it? Where do you typically get yours? Will for sure try the Mandarin Lime and Black Cherry. Are they kind of short bottles? Enjoyed your post about the MOA!

I am CapD for sure. I want to think I have adopted this woe and will not turn back. The difference from before when I thought I was eating LC, is that I would allow myself a "cheat" thinking I had done so well all day. Had no idea how many carbs that "cheat" had, but still felt I had eaten LC and would lose weight. And I DID maintain which is good, but now I feel I know so much more.

Feeling thankful today my heart is steady (in more ways than one...). My heartbeat is steady and I just feel steady as a person. Being a widow sucks, but I have a strong faith and a great family.

Thankful today for you guys.

KMom
Old 06-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you are feeling better KM. I 'have my days'. if I push certain triggers I pay for it it is easier to avoid than pay for it LOL

remember also, LC eating does dehydrate a person more, so keep on the water. Uber important !!!

also, what is CapD. I missed the info somewhere

----doing good.

out to lunch. hamburger steak (kinda mushy meat, yuck) with mushroom gravy, (scraped alot off) and small salad. bit of veggie beef soup broth (ho hum)

not stellar meal by any means but LC for me !!

dinner, got giant chicken roaster in oven. should be done around 7:30. gonna jump on it !!

Leave July 6 for 10 day beach trip to Florida. so busy ahead of time tho. gotta deal wtih people taking care of little horse now. just too much too do and no time to do it !!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

Kmom---Glad you're feeling better with no more "events." I suffer from occasional panic attacks that always make me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, and it's so darn scary. It will be good for you to learn what your triggers are, if you can, and your Doc will help you w/this, I'm sure. Let us know what she says.

You can find Hanson's Diet soda at both Cub and Trader Joes. Now it's been a while since I've been to Cub, so hope they still have it. But they definitely will have it at your Trader Joes. Just picked up some the other day. They are in 6 pack cans, not bottles. AND, not only are they great all on their own w/ice, but if you want a "dessert" treat, add cream…It's like a liquid dreamsicle and really hits the spot if you need a "sweet" treat. Also, sometimes I crush ice in the blender, then add the Hansons, cream AND mashed berries. Super yum.

Trigger---Oh yeah, now you've got the little one to worry about when you're away. Luckily I think you know how to handle this all, but yeah, I can see how it's all making you a lot busier.

You are doing so well! I can feel your mojo from here! BTW, CapD is "Determined with a capital D!" Kmom is really hitting her stride on this woe!

SIGH. Just home from dinner out w/my neighbor. She and her husband are very close friends, been neighbs forever and raised our children together. Her husband has been fighting cancer for three years, and it's taken a bad turn. Seems the end it near.

So we cryed in our wine tonight, but other than that, I stayed LC. But tonight I just don't care. Feeling so sad. Not much spirit to say anything else. Tomorrow will be a new day, and like we all must do, I'll dust myself off and go forward. Tonight, I'm just going to bed w/a heavy heart.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #645
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!
Starting my day off determined! CapD! Yeah, like Blue said, it means Capital D Determined. Not just a little determined, but mega determined!

Determined to adopt this woe for the rest of my life. Determined to eat healthy. Determined to stay the course. I am VERY CapD!

Trigger: I don't drink much diet soda or a lot of fake sweeteners, but I am starting to wonder what has aspartame in it. I was drinking a lot of Sparkling Ice. It is a flavored water. It is supposed to be made of natural stuff. I need to read up on it more. Stay strong with your LC eating. July 7th is coming soon and you will feel great starting off your vacation feeling good about your weight and yourself.

Blue: Can't wait to get the Hanson's AND add cream to it! And maybe make the concoction of the crushed ice, berries, cream, and the soda! Do you think if I added cream to the soda, I could freeze it like popsicles. Oooooooo....to have a real dreamsicle (or at least something that looks like it) from the freezer. I am "sighing" now just thinking about it. Sorry about your neighbor. These are tough times. I have been on that road. So, so hard.

The scale continues to bring good news although I am not as focused on it (the scale) as I have been in the past. I have also noticed my clothes are looser. I have read on this site where even if the scale does not show a loss, sometimes you can know you are losing by how your clothes fit. Also, I am waiting for a "whoosh." Never knew about that before.

Wishing everyone a blessed day and a strong one being in control. I continue to be thankful for this woe and how I can eat such good food, not feel hungry, and feel good about myself.

KMom
Old 06-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Running out of my stockpile of bacon Trigg, I need to build up a supply like you.
So much to do this week-end.
I am going to eat at the country BBQ place this evening. Pork ribs to perfection, cabbage and green beans....no sauce except maybe just one little taste, it's the bomb.

Thought I was getting a new St. Bernard puppy last week-end but decided that I don't like the confirmation of the mother and the puppies heads are not as big and square as I like. They are so much hard work to train for 2-3 years, because they are so big so fast and I want the one that I love his looks. They are a 40 lb puppy that thinks they are 8 lbs.

Have a good week-end everybody
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #647
Senior LCF Member

Hi!

Our busy weekend is starting with a bang. My husband went out to play golf with our friend from CT this morning and has hurt himself. He called me after he limped off the golf course. He pulled something in his back. He'll be going to the Chiro this afternoon to try to get some relief. It's always something, right?

Scale was still the same this morning, so I'll take a maintain and be happy. This weekend is going to be non stop eating and drinking, so I'll be lucky to maintain this coming week too. One of these days I'll get back to being a loser!

This afternoon at work is going to drag knowing my sister is at my house and my husband is hurting. He can walk and sit without too much discomfort, but swinging a golf club and standing up straight are the worst. Needless to say, I'll be grabbing a beer the minute I get home from work!

Have a good one!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #648
Senior LCF Member

Blue!!!

Yikes! I got the Hanson's Soda and started drinking the Mandarin Lime and it was so delicious! So I decided to check the carb count....39g! Was I supposed to buy a SF kind? It also says 39g sugar under that, but I don't think I can subtract that.

Oops....just re-read your post. It says "check out Hanson's diet sodas". Will bring the other ones back. Only had about 1/5 of a can.

KMom
Old 06-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #649
Senior LCF Member

Never mind, Blue...

I don't know what I was thinking. I should have known to get diet. I went back to TJ's and exchanged them. I guess the Black Cherry only comes in diet, so I had actually bought the right ones of that flavor the first time.

I see the manager exchanged the Madarin Lime for Tangerine Lime. Still tastes good.

KMom
Old 06-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

boy I would kill for a trader joe's around me!! I don't know what a CUB is either LOL
just stores I don't have.

but I am going to florida soon I am going to hit the trader joe website and see if one is in florida...or along my way. hey, ya never know

Meme---you sure can't let that bacon stockpile go down !! I have to say bacon is one satisfying food for me. when I eat alot I get so happy and don't have to eat for many many hours. bacon is a absolute standby for me at all times. stock up girl

-------broke out the rye bread today. I got 3 rye bread and 2 everything bagels in the fridge. since I am 'total carbs' now and not subtracting fiber, I haven't eaten hardly any of it. but today I thought, why not, and got 2 slices of rye.

chicken salad, bacon (and alot of it ), lettuce and slice cheese. OMG so good! with it as a side dish I had extra bacon LOL

dinner...hmm...steak on grill probably. small salad if wanted. not hungry so that is good.

---Inches. INCHES LEAVE if you stay LC. that is a given. LC people are leaner, less fluffy than 'people who diet low fat'. LC gives many benefits and clothes looser and inches leaving are all nice benefits! HOLD onto LC even if that stupid scale slows down.

off to get junk done. busy busy
Old 06-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #651
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Trigger: Love your sandwich! I am going to have one soon! I need to start buying bacon. And you are right...the inches are leaving! Put on a pair of pants this morning and definitely noticed a difference! Super happy about this!

Lori: Hope your holding strong during this tough weekend trying to eat LC. How is your husband's back?

Meme: That BBQ place sounds so great! I love ribs!

Blue: Hope your having a great weekend! I plan to enjoy a can of Hanson's this afternoon! It is chilling in the refrigerator! May add some ice, cream and berries!

I am again CapD today and want to be every day. Started off with an omelet this morning and now three hours later feel full and very steady! Will have my home-made soup for lunch.

Happy Saturday to everyone!

KMom
Old 06-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KM---you are sounding strong! Love it! You hold onto that at all costs. when we are 'in the zone', lc is like magic. so glad the pants are fitting. keep on doing it cause honestly the benefits are amazing.

I am a CapD person now

what kind of homemade soup are ya making?

Blue---no hansens soda close. Trader Joe is 42 miles away in Charlotte, kinda other side. pfft. I saw I can have it mailed to me on their website. hmm.... but I think I will pick a day after my trip and just have hubby and kiddo come and we all drive to charlotte and hit trader joes. I will buy one of each diet soda. Drink it in the parking lot and THEN STOCK UP on what I love. Love it is made with splenda for sure.

----so my update on A72. 8.5 lbs gone in 26 days. While not great or the best I could have done (impromptu parities with alcohol in there), I am thrilled I am DOWN. DOWN and more DOWN. heehee

I was stagnating big time. Just up 2-3-4 lbs----then down 2-3-4 lbs. It was a very long time.

A72 has gotten ME DOWN. ok. like that.

Not going to say my weight. I am just going to surprise everyone with GOAL coming

not sure when that will happen, but when it does ya'll be first to know cause I am going down and down on the scale and A72 and made it all fall into place for me.

no food yet. 12:30 and not hungry. kiddo ate 3 eggs and jelly toast. I almost made baon and eggs but not hungry so why bother.

around 2-3 I will have some grilled chicken with a 'touch' of tomatoe sauce and mozz. cheese melted over it. my version of chick parm. YUM. that is what my taste is wanting today.

dinner.....probably chicken with small salad.

for some reason I don't require variety today. I like that.

Keep the LC faith everyone. Carbs are the bad guys and we know it, so avoid like the plaque...lol

so busy it is crazy. off and running full speed since this morning, now I gotta do some errands and get back home to do more stuff
Old 06-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday All!

My sister and I walked up town for the big parade so we got lots of exercise today. Over 11,000 steps on the pedometer.

Husband's back is better today. He got in to the chiro yesterday afternoon. Turns out he had dislocated a rib. Doc put it back in place but said he would be quite sore for a few days. He's sitting now with ice on it.

Eating and drinking too much this weekend, but that's the way it goes. Back on the straight and narrow Monday morning. I'll be off for the golf course tomorrow morning as my sister is heading for home early.

We were so lucky to have a beautiful day today for the parade. Perfect blue skies and a light wind. Hoping tomorrow is the same.

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 06-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Wow Lori, Your husband dislocated a rib? How in the world did that happen? I saw that you were playing golf but then what? Poor thing, that must be so painful.

Yesterday I went to my oldest daughter daughters house and she showed me a swollen place on her ankle which she said was so painful when it happened two days ago that she could not walk. She said she flexed her foot and the pain was sudden and horrible. The swelling had gone down but the pain was traveling up her leg.
Although she Is perfect shape at 123lb I was worried and thought it could be a blood clot.
I took her to an urgent care clinic. Dr. said he didn't think it was a clot but questioned her and she does these mega work-outs and had just done a boot camp thing so he thought it might be a fracture. They did x-ray and saw nothing. He said that it might be the joint might have popped out and back in so to just keep ice and take ibuprofen, plus gave her a prescription for anti-inflammatory.

How do these crazy things happen out of nowhere?
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all ---

Trigger---8.5 poounds down!!! I think that's a BIG chunk for a month, but then I've never lost as fast as some on this board, not even close. This is just EXCELLENT. I'm excited to hear when you do the big "reveal" of your new number.

Honestly, I think it would be a worthwhile trip to drive the 42 miles to Charlotte when you have the chance. Several things I'd tell you stock up on from TJ's, much of it can be frozen, or keeps for long periods in the fridge. Yo

KMom---Did the same thing a month ago, picked up the Regular Hanson's by mistake and had drank 3 cans before I noticed. Glad you're enjoying the diet now, I just find it so refreshing in the summer, and the good news is, I can't tell the difference between the diet and the real---obviously. Sounds like you're getting more and more in the zone girl!

Meme and Lori---Hope daughter and husband heal well and quickly!

So I'm up at my brother's cabin---no WIFI, so haven't been able to check in.
I'm in town now at a coffee shop after doing a bit of shopping.

We are having the most lovely time, celebrating brother's hubby's and my birthday, all within weeks of each other. Reading, sitting out on the deck and chatting, watching some great movies, and oh yea---it's A FOODORAMA up here, LOL. Thankfully I brought half of it so many LC choices.

Been pretty tight to plan as far as carbs---2 small treats last night, a little piece of birthday cake, (whipped cream dressing, so that was good) and a spoon ful of pasta w/my salmon and watermelon salad. Oh yea, and one slice of ciabatta bread. All in one dinner. Otherwise good. Going to be good clean LC day today. I knew the birthday night would be a treat night.

Back tomorrow, and I've got a couple weeks till we're off to our week vacation, so I guess I'm just hoping I can get even close to my low by then, but not holding my breath. All these parties and celebrations and trips! All in one little glob this month, so I guess I need to think in maintenance mode
till we get back from our longer trip!

Get back and what happens tomorrow night??!! Birthday party for a pal, and out I go again.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #656
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like an awesome getaway Blue.....enjoy every minute!

I just got home from the golf course. My sister and I had fun yesterday...walked to the parade and back, plus all around town. Over 11,000 steps on the pedometer. I had another big walking day today at the golf course.

I'll be in bed early tonight as we had a late night last night because of the dinner dance we went to. It was midnight before we all got settled down for the night. I was up at 6 to have some coffee before heading to the golf course. Sis headed for home this morning. She is all moved out of her house and the closing is Wednesday. She'll be staying with her daughter and son in law for a couple months till her new apartment is ready. We're hoping that the construction goes on schedule so she can get moved in.

DH is doing better with his back, but it's going to take some time for the soreness to ease up. He's not letting it keep him down as he's already been out mowing the yard today. He's a tough old guy!

I'm going to have a very LC day tomorrow and then Tuesday we're going to a party(cook out). This time of year, it's always something! We just have to do our best.

Hope you've all had a nice weekend. Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 06-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #657
Senior LCF Member

Still a strong CapD and I plan to stay that way!

Lori: Glad your hubby's back is better. Sounds like he does not like to be kept down!

Blue: Wow, lot's going on in your life, but you are keeping the reigns on over-eating and making good choices. That is how I want to live.

Trigger: 8.5 pounds in 26 days. You need to be proud of that! Can't wait to hear about the personal goal you hit!

Meme: Glad that was not a clot on your daughter's ankle.

I had a great day eating LC today. Started off with my omelet and then had a Chick-avo for lunch. That is a chicken avocado sandwich that a restaurant back her called Baker's Square makes. Of course I made it LC. It was more than delish! Chicken, sauteed mushrooms, sour cream, swiss cheese and avocado. Served it on one piece of LC bread from TJ's (on the bottom for support) and 1/4 of a Joseph's pita bread on top. Think it was about six or seven net carbs total. Man, I am still thinking about it!!!

Soup for supper.

Trigger: My Tomato/Vegetable/Chicken Soup (it's modified from the Dukan Diet)

2 liters water
2 cubes chicken bouillon
Tomato pieces (I grow tomatoes so I boil them/then cool them and take the skin off and take the seeds out. I maybe add six. Or I use a can of chopped tomatoes.
2 T. Tomato paste
Seasonings...Italian seasoning, basil, oregano
Chopped zucchini
Broccoli florets

Boil water and bouillon with onion for ten minutes. Then add other ingredients and boil for another ten minutes.

I pour about 3/4 cup in a bowl. Then I add chicken and 1/4 cup tomato creamy soup from Tj's (add three net grams carbs). It makes it a creamy soup!
Old 06-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Oops - forgot the onion.

1/2 large onion
Old 06-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #659
Senior LCF Member

Check this out!

Spaghetti Squash Pie
Old 06-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #660
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Food Lady
So, is this a good thread for me to join? I'm not on any particular plan, just trying to eat like my diabetic mom does so I don't develop it. I'm also an ovo-lacto vegetarian, so my "meat" is going to have more carbs. Plus, right now I have limited grocery funds. This month I'll have around $130 to work with. I'm avoiding beans and flour at the moment, but I might have to up them if money runs low. So I am not your typical 20-carbs-a-day person, you know? I need all the help I can get. Oh, and I don't have a scale; I go by my tape measure. I just want my waist to be smaller than 36 inches. That's really my goal, that and not having hypoglycemic episodes any more.
Food Lady is offline   Reply With Quote