Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 04:17 AM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Meme, prime rib and asparagus. YUM to the max. that is one of my top foods, prime rib. haven't had it in a while, now you have me wanting some! and I will get it soon LOL

Blue, so glad you are having so much fun! I love the way you write about your vacation, while on vacation cool. the food sounds delish, just be careful as us lc people always have to be...and you should do well! More fun for you so hope your weather stays great and you guys have a blast!

----for me....small party last night. few drinks. good thing is when I do drink (which isn't often), I usually eat way more carbs than I should. You know, willpower out the door with alcohol

not this time. it has to be deep ketosis for staying in the under 7-8 total carbs per day range. I had no desire to snack out while others munched. I kept to LC right on A72 plan.

of course I am bloated up a bit this morning...will take time to unload the drinks, so pushing water today and being on plan as usual.

all going well.

food today is bacon and eggs, tuna and mayo, cheeseburgers on the grill tonight with maybe a small salad or I might break out the broccoli. haven't had broccoli in a while. just will watch portion sizes so I should still be very low carb today.

happy fathers day and everyone hang onto the LC ways

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2014, 04:55 AM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Morning!

I had big plans to go out for a run this morning early, but that didn't happen. I was SO tired after walking the golf course yesterday that the extra sleep was needed. I'll be walking the golf course again today, so I'll get plenty of exercise, although it isn't the same as running. Boot camp tomorrow morning!

Eating has been ok this weekend. I allow a few more carbs when I'm doing all this walking, but haven't gone "off the rails". The plan is to be very strict during the week and allow a treat or 2 on the weekend. It seems to work for me. I'm actually fine with maintaining over the summer and then getting the rest of the weight off in the Fall/Winter. No stress.....stress will pack on pounds!

Trig...sounds like you had a nice time and hooray for not eating the munchies!

to everyone.....have a nice Sunday!
Old 06-15-2014, 06:41 AM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, that is smart. if summer is your hard time then to maintain is key. No going off the rails.

I maintained for a while also while my head was not in the zone for losing. Keeping the 30 lbs. off that I lost was imperative.

so if you know you aren't in the hard losing weight zone right now.....by all means maintain what ya lost, do not gain back any of it.....and later you can kick in and get some more lbs. off.

we all gotta do what it takes to fit this into our lifestyles.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:17 PM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
KMom's NV (No Variety) Week #1

Breakfast:
3 eggs (2: egg whites only), 2 sausage, small shredded cheddar cheese: 2 carbs
Coffee - black
Total Breakfast carbs: 2

Lunch:
1 cup home-made veggie/tomato soup with chicken: 5 carbs
1/3 cup Fage yogurt, 1 1/2 T. oat bran, 1 strawberry, 1/2 packet Stevia: 6 carbs
Total Lunch carbs: 11 carbs

Snack:
Tuna with mayo, lettuce, celery, onion on 1/6 Joseph's Lavash Bread: 2 carbs

Dinner:
2 meatballs with 2 T. Marinera sauce: 3 carbs
2 Zucchini fritters: 3 carbs
Total Dinner: 6 carbs

Total: 19 carbs
I am allowing one carb for a snack, if needed. My goal is to NOT eat after dinner, if that is possible.

I will eat this straight for five days. Then a break as I need to go out of town (Saturday). Will eat LC, but will need to get creative. I will report what I eat!

Then I want to do a week of Induction or something more strict.

I like having it planned, and I don't mind at all eating the same stuff.

I am capital D Determined!

KMom
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #575
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, everyone!

Capital D Determined as I start this day and I want to be consistent and be a LC'er every day! Things need to change. My mindset needs to change. I say I eat LC, but I veer off for so many reasons. I have a very unhealthy relationship with food.

Keep on keeping on!

KMom
Old 06-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

KMom...I have often read that eating the same things each day, especially breakfast & lunch is a great strategy. I think you'll do well with it!

Made it thru a rough arms workout at boot camp. I may not be able to raise my arms to wash my hair by tomorrow! In between sets of arm exercises we ran laps outside our building. Whew!

I'm doing an experiment this week. I'm going to weigh every day just to see how the things I'm eating and the exercise I'm doing will effect the scale. I was up a pound this morning from my Thursday weigh in which is not a surprise. More than a few adult beverages were consumed on the golf course this weekend. No regrets......I love my golfing days and that's part of it for me! Plus, after all that walking, I'm ravenous and tend to eat more than I would need. I'm staying quite LC today and will try to drink extra water and green tea and see what the digital monster(scale) says tomorrow.

Tonight at our boot camp studio, we're having a Physical Therapist give a talk about preventing low back injuries while working out. I'll go see what he has to say.

Make it a good Monday!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #577
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Starting my 2nd week.I lost 8 lbs my first week.I am really enjoying my new food plan WOE.I can begin using the recipes beginning next week and choosing my own meal plans.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Berta---keep on trucking. I sure hope this is the plan for you and you found what you need to get to goal everyone has a good plan to eat out there, ya just gotta hit onto it, work it well and things settle into place.

Lori---eat a bit thru the day just not to get that raveous feeling. whew I don't like that cause I eat big. big portions so if I get that hungry, it is not a good thing for me one bit lol.

KM---it is a hard change. lots of years of carb addiction. Key is get into ketosis. deep ketosis. to do this eat as low carb as you can. and hold that for a bit and then the real ketosis kicks in and your hungry subsides, your mind kinda changes about food and that stupid carb addiction is cut. which is a hard thing to do ask me how I know this LOL
You are determined, you keep on doing it. You got this!!!! We will help ya, just chat it all out and we can help you hold onto LC and work this to your advantage.

Blue, thinking of you and hoping all is well and hope everyone is having a great time!!!

---------for me today. great day. sunny nice 90s. Was going to ride the horse at Kings Mt. State Park with Barb, but soooooooo hot we cancelled. melt time. but we swam. went to her house and had a good time chatting and swimming then came in a T-storm. so home now watching the rain and hopefully it will blow over so kiddo and me can hit the pool in a bit.

Down 1.5 lbs. A72 is the bomb for me. I drank rum and diet pepsi the other day and a good bit , but stuck to like 5 total carbs and ate alot and no gain...and this morning, down 1.5 WEE. that never happened before when I drank and ate higher carbs.

for me it is coming down to what goes in my mouth. carb count. simple as that.

I think I got an extreme handle on my body. Finally am figuring out what REALLY works for me and how to get off the weight and enjoy my lifestyle. Big win for me on that one

bacon and eggs this morning with a bit of melted cheddar on the eggs YUM
hot buffalo style chicken wings just came out of the oven YUMM X2 ---wee
dinner tonight is skirt steak on the grill with small ceasar salad and parm cheese sprinkle.

doing well and I hope all your LC wishes come true everyone LOL
we can do this and rock it!!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi all,

Very fun, very busy little vacation and I haven't checked in as much as I usually like to, but we've gotten home every night just bushed from running around doing this and that.

The bottom line on this trip woe wise is mixed. First day on plan, second day not, third day totally on plan, and last day, today, not. Won't bore you with all the specifics. Didn't go hog wild on my off plan days, but went further than I wanted to, particularly today.

I find on vacations that I start out very well, making good choices, but day after day of fun just kind of wears me down.

No scale for 4 days, no tracker. That's why they call it vacation, right? LOL. Tomorrow we head back home, and I'm going to be back on plan big time. Feeling pretty bloaty---that thinner feeling I love is NOT there tonight, and I'm missing it. We've had a blast, but I'm actually really looking forward to getting back on track.

See y'all tomorrow when Blue is back in the game!
Old 06-17-2014, 02:44 AM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

WOW Berta! 8 lbs your first week! Awesome! Hope this week gives you a loss as well. Keep us posted.

Welcome home Blue! I'm sure you're ready to get back on plan, but vacations are SO much fun! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Trig..sounds like you're holding strong! That scale is going to go down, down, down! We're in a heat wave here this week too. Supposed to be in the 90's the next couple days and that makes the T-storms come up in the evening.

Well, so far I'm liking this weighing every day. Down 1.5 since yesterday morning. Just getting rid of the weekend bloat, I'm sure. I stayed low carb all day until last evening when I had a peanut butter milkshake! I never expected the scale to be down after that! I'm hoping to see a new low by my official weigh in day on Thursday!

I was going to go for a run this morning, but I had a rough night. Just as I got to sleep last night, a thunder storm blew thru and just wouldn't quit! It was at least 11 before I drifted off. Then at 3 my cat decided to go out since it had stopped raining. I tossed & turned for a couple more hours and then got up. My head is pounding. Sure hope a couple cups of coffee will remedy that.

Hugs all around...make it a great day!
Old 06-17-2014, 07:44 AM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on going down Lori. Down is the way to go!!!!

Blue---don't worry one bit. at some point vacations mean a bit of fun and relaxation and not counting every single carb, but just controlling them kinda tight without the hog wild picture You will be up a bit but that will be handled fast. You are doing good and I am sure you are having fun!!!!!

-------no scale this morning. not in the mood. feel good. feel the same. working my plan and doing ok.

food today is easy
steak on grill wtih small bit of veg and garlic butter

tuna and mayo

bacon to snack on probably thru the day sometime.

11 am. not hungry. not sure when I want to eat but just gonna relax and not give food another thought. whcih is a nice change. not even thinking about it really

96 outside. got some weed work and then hitting the pool. was gonna run some errands but have no desire to get in the car!! do it later.

everyone hold strong!!!!! LC rocks and if we work our plans we get the benefits!!
Old 06-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Back home after our long drive. Having fun reading all the posts from when I was gone---usually do this on vacation, but no time this time. Seems like everyone is doing really well!

Kmom---Trig is right, you will be greatly aided in your determination by getting into ketosis. Takes a week or two of solid discipline and then it's almost like magic. Really.

Lori---The weighing every day thing will be an interesting experiment for you, as I think it is for all those who don't do that. I'll be interested to hear how you feel about it in the end. We're all so different this way, but I've found weighing every day is paramount to my success, and I think that's because it really tells me a lot about my body's rhythms and what works and what doesn't, not to mention it allows me no latitude when it comes to the denial that has really tripped me up in the past.

Trigger---Can I just tell you how much I love hearing you so "who cares" about food?! It is just so sweet to hear about your successes these days, as I know you struggled big time for awhile---but you arm wrestled the discouragement and won, and I'm just so proud of you. Plus, discouragement is potentially around the corner for all of us, that or just waking up one day and starting to slip slide away, like we have before, so reading your posts these days is so inspiring---I think for all of us.

Very clean LC day today. Had the BEST eggs benny at our hotel this am, and yesterday am too. Didn't eat the muffin---well ok, a couple little corners of it, but left most of it. This is something I'll be making here. Crispy bacon, sliced avocado, poached eggs and the most lemony creamy dreamy hollandaise sauce I've ever had. Going to start adding lemon juice to my Trader Joe's Hollandaise.

Also, had a great salad a pal brought to a dinner this weekend. Cilantro leaves, sliced vidalia onion, chopped jalapeño peppers and sumac spice---a really funky pepper kind of thing. SO YUMMY with the porketta we had. Will be great w/any meat or fish, or even eggs, and is the kind of thing you can make in the morning, put it in the fridge, and it just gets better and better.

So despite my off plan moments, I also found inspiration on my vacation for new LC treats to keep me rollin' along. Tomorrow morning I'll get the message from my scale about the "consequences" of my treats. Meh. I'm expecting it, and like you said Trig, I will banish the bloat in these next days.

Have to say, it was a great time in so many ways. Nothing like your home town, old pals, gorgeous summer days and nights, and yeah, good food. I love knowing there will be those special times when you can just enjoy your food without worrying about it, including the carb treats---BECAUSE, it IS a treat and you know you'll be back on plan in a blink. BECAUSE, you know you're NOT GOING BACK.

Missed you all, glad to be home, glad to be back on plan with my pals.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #583
Berta48

Hi Blue
WELCOME HOME.I'm glad you had a nice time.
Do you want to share the Hollandaise sauce recipe? PLEASE.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Berta---

The "hollandaise recipe" is not something I made, as I said, it was something I had at the hotel we were staying at. So sadly, nothing to share, except to say that I got a new idea of combining avocado and bacon into an eggs benny LC option. (no muffin of course) AND, that I intend to add lemon juice to the Trader Joe's hollandaise I buy in a small tub. Love that stuff, but think it will be even better w/a squeeze of fresh lemon.

Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? If not, you're stuck w/making your own hollandaise sauce, but I know you're up to it as I know you're good in the kitchen. Also, wonder if this fits your new woe?

In any case, happy to hear you're doing so well w/your new plan, and glad you're still hanging in there w/us. Like you said, "same journey" in the end, and I'm hoping we all make it to where we want to be, eventually, and together.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #585
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Hey Berta---

The "hollandaise recipe" is not something I made, as I said, it was something I had at the hotel we were staying at. So sadly, nothing to share, except to say that I got a new idea of combining avocado and bacon into an eggs benny LC option. (no muffin of course) AND, that I intend to add lemon juice to the Trader Joe's hollandaise I buy in a small tub. Love that stuff, but think it will be even better w/a squeeze of fresh lemon.

Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? If not, you're stuck w/making your own hollandaise sauce, but I know you're up to it as I know you're good in the kitchen. Also, wonder if this fits your new woe?

In any case, happy to hear you're doing so well w/your new plan, and glad you're still hanging in there w/us. Like you said, "same journey" in the end, and I'm hoping we all make it to where we want to be, eventually, and together.
Blue
I can probably find a recipe that fits the plan will have to hunt and see.
No Trader Joes, no Whole Foods, NOTHING WalMart, Hyvee & ALdis. That's it!

I have a saying I say sometimes. "With your hand in my hand, together we can make it"
Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I'm dealing with a scale bounce this morning caused by Chinese food. It was SO yummy, but I knew the scale would not like it. When I got home yesterday, DH said "Let's just go out and get something to eat instead of messing around here since it's so hot" Who am I to argue? I'm keeping it very LC today and downing lots of water and green tea.

I've been toying with the idea of doing a kind of 5:2 plan. I don't want to count calories, but I'm thinking I'll keep my eating nearly 0 carb 2-3 days a week and then if I want some fruit or a high fiber muffin, I'll have that on one of the other days. As I said in a previous post, I do want to lose another 25 lbs, but will be happy to just maintain over the summer. I think the 5:2 plan will help me do that and maybe, just maybe drop another couple pounds before Fall.

We had another round of T-storms overnight. It may happen again tonight and then the humidity is supposed to break and that will put an end to the storms for now. Our son came and put our window unit air conditioners in for us, so we're ready for the next heat wave!

Ok........time to get busy. Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, all!

Blue: Welcome home. It was fun "kinda going on vacation with you" and see good and not so good food choices you made. I guess because I fail so often in those situations, it seems to me you did good overall. Plus, you are determined to get back at it. I think you are right that I need to get in ketosis and stay there. I have been there. I know what it feels like and I just need to do it!!! I had a plan set for this week so I think I will stay true to it, but then I plan to grocery shop and get ready for a couple of weeks of going deep! Oh and bacon and avocado on eggs benny! Yum!

Trig: You just keep...keeping on. You are so sure of this woe of eating and that comes across in your posts. That gets to me. You are a good "slap on the back." I feel that. Thanks.

Lori: Maybe a new low at your official weigh in tomorrow. How fun is that! And I don't even want to ask about the peanut butter milkshake as I LOVE peanut butter.

Berta: I am anxious to hear how your second week ends up on your new woe.

For me....I am eating a NV (no variety week) and liking it. Down three pounds so far.

Here is what happened to me yesterday.

I went on some errands. As I was driving, I hear, "Hi Kmom." A very strong voice. I hadn't heard any other voices as I was driving yesterday, but this was definitely a greeting...my attention was wanted. I was called by name. I looked. "Oh, it is YOU," I said to myself. I politely gave an acknowledgment and drove on. Yes, it was a voice. A very familiar voice. That voice has lured me in before. Like a magnet, I am drawn in. But not yesterday. I smiled (a victorious kind of smile), pushed down on the gas pedal, and drove on. This day I would win.

And the voice was from.....(scroll down)

MacDonalds!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

Blue----you keep on enjoying those vacations cause you got this nailed down well. you have some fun and enjoy, but know when to draw back. the little gain is nothing. water and it will disappear. YOU LOVE this way of eating and it suits you. I think you are really doing a fine job of this big eating change for life!!!!!! glad you had so much fun, now you will be tired for days and days getting over it LOL
but that is a good thing in my book HA

Lori. work around. find some good ground. learn how maintenance will work all the time maintaining til ya kick in and want to get that extra 25 flab gone. I did it. holding the loss, experimenting a bit etc. is not a bad thing. saying I quit is a bad thing. you are still working it.

KM---oh boy did I have my battles tho. I sound great cause I hit the zone again. but I sure struggled. in the middle of the plan. started out great---then 'you name it' kicked in. every emotion cause I had to accept the fact I can't eat all the junk in the world I wanted. up and down that scale. You hit me when I happened to find my mojo again !

AND I HAVE HAD that voice many times

when I run errands my mind says---I pass Subway, get a turkey footlong, I loved those---pass on by cause I know McDonalds is close by, pass that with white knuckles on the steering wheel, then it is by Arby's and Hardees with chicken sandwiches I loved! and fries---oh gosh don't get me started LOL

Now if I get that feeling of wanting to turn into some food joint I say---steak with garlic butter, shrimp alfredo, bacon and a ton of it with my cheesy eggs....and pick the meals you love and think of them. It helps me.

CONGRATS on the 3 down. that is working the plan girl!!!!

-------me today... hot as Hades. 96. no food yet. probably none til I go out to eat tonight. food just is not a draw on hot hot days and I feel good on plan right now. heading out with best friend. steak and grilled shrimp, side salad tonight.

This day should be very low in carbs and cals. today. which is fine. I seem to get thru the days better and better.

July 6 I leave on my trip. I want that ONE bathing suit to fit well I bought and is snuggy. I think it could happen can't wait for vacation, foaming at the mouth to hit the beach for 9 days. come on days, fly by....I am waiting LOL

everyone be good. hold the LC course truly. it is a great way to eat and results happen.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all.

Geeze, I had a tough re-entry today. I call it "ROCKET BURN," because y'know, it's kind of like that…you're zooming back into all the realities of day to day life you've blissfully left behind for awhile. And the friction of that transition, she hot! Yeah, got my pinkies burned today with colleagues who are usually easier, or I got unused to it for 5 days, don't know which.

Trig, you're so right when you say I'll be tired for days getting over it. But it isn't the vacation that tired me out, oh no, that was lovely. It's the adjustment to NOT being on vacation.

Berta---I like your saying---"with your hand in my hand we can…" Well, do almost anything.

Meme---

Kmom---you know what I call that "voice?" My evil twin. You just stuff your ears w/cotton when it comes to that voice. Listen to the good twin. She's the one fanning your determination and looking out for your happiness.
I know it's weird to talk about it this way, in a way, but I think we all have 2 sides---our best and our worst, and part of the journey here is definitely learning how to listen to our best side more.

Lori---the Chinese food will get you every time! Loaded with bloat monsters, absolutely loaded. And that's before you even talk about the rice.

Trigger---I loved what you wrote to me, and I think you're right in that I've kind of learned how to do this, regarding vacations, and you're also right that I find a lot to love about this LC woe.

So you're going on vacay July 6th!!! To the beach for all those days, you lucky ducky. Looking forward to chatting w/you more about this, as we leave on July 11 for Door County, also a lovely water/beach trip we do every year.
LOVE BEING ON THE WATER, any water.

What's our plan? Can't wait to dish w/you about this.

So, SIGH, I'm kind of tuckered out tonight, but happy to report I jumped right back on plan, and will have a very clean LC day.

I bounced up 5 pounds from my lowest number yet, 4 pounds from where I was settling most days. Exactly what I expected, and NO REGRETS. I'll motor off the bloat in these next days.

Went grocery shopping after work today and stocked up on all my LC faves. Back in the saddle again. Isn't that a song? Think so, because it's running through my head, and I like it.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:06 AM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Just popping in early this morning to report that I DID hit a new low this morning! Only by 1/2 lb, but I'll take it! After being stuck for a few weeks, it was nice to see that new number on the scale.

Off to boot camp in a few minutes. I'll be back later to check on you all!

Happy Thursday!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:38 AM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats Lori. new low number is a good thing

Blue---we need a plan! big vacations can mean big trouble, but one thing I do know is we sure can take it off later. I hear ya on not wanting to come back to reality. which is strange, why can't we make the more fun times a reality in our life...and ditch the hard work and stress? cause we need PAYCHECKS....haha.

for me since I have the camper, even tho I am on 'total' carbs with A72, I will be bringing my lc bread on vacation. cause I will want a sandwich and my rye bread and everything bagels will help me thru that. lunch is grab and go and that bread will make it so much easier for me.

---------went out to eat last night. ate some of kiddo's fries off her plate. worse too I loaded them up with table salt. I usually bring my own lite salt in my purse (yea nutso here) but didn't have it with me. lite salt doesn't bloat me at all. real salt sure does. I actually feel the real salt. bloated up a bit. but not much damage I am sure.

push water a bit. but doing well on A72. but starting to 'want more' now. variety is calling my name. I gotta be careful. will slowly have a few of my old standbys I eat and carbs might be upped into the 10-15 range. WILL NOT be going over 15 for a day...most days will try to stay in the 5 range tho. but I can't deny myself some variety. if I do I won't be a happy chickie here

but very lc is helping me and I won't monkey too much with it.

got some work this morning, then gonna swim and enjoy the day. I love not working anymore. worked my whole life but when kiddo came I got to stay home and work the farm. since the farm is shut down, my time is my own and I love it. of course my biz keeps me trucking but that is ok, I do it on my time and I still have that luxury of relaxing when I want. love it.

off to get things done. everyone hold strong on LC
Old 06-19-2014, 05:49 AM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: belleadonna
Stats: 164.6/162.4/130
WOE: Moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/16/14
Jumping in here. I restarted LC on Monday. Shooting for 50 grams of carb or less a day. Losing with that so far.
I did ZERO carb for almost a year but it started to affect my health in terms of tooth sensitivity and insomnia. I went off of the deep end and slid right into high carb and regained all the weight I had lost and then some.
So now I am keeping some carbs but I eat mostly meat, eggs, and cheese.
Down to 162.2 this morning. I know that the initial few days is mostly fluid loss so I will see how I do with 50 grams after all the fluid is shed.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:23 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Belle!

Sounds like you and I are on similar plans, although I don't count carbs....just keep it in my head so to speak. Probably why I'm such a slow loser! It has taken me a year and a half to drop 35 lbs., but better than gaining 35, right?

Love your avatar!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Blue: Like your analogy of the "twins." I gotta start listening to the good one and not the evil one. The problem is that the evil twin's voice is typically louder. I know you will get that 5 lbs off soon. You have true grit. Say, when you stocked up on your "faves" at the grocery store...just curious what those were.

Belle: Welcome. This is a great group that is losing! Things are happening!

Trig: Enjoy your swim today. Glad you get to stay home with your daughter and not work out of the home. Also, good job on only taking a FEW french fries. Sounds like it was a very small blip in your continued success with staying LC.

Lori: A new low! Love it. Can't wait to use those same words! I will! I am capital D Determined!

Still rockin' it. I dropped the plan I had for this week and am taking the advice from you guys and trying to eat very LC until I get in deep ketosis. I was not hungry at all yesterday. Lost another pound, so this is working!

I am excited to be on this weight loss journey with you guys! I get inspired by you.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Hey Lori. I don't really count them either. I am like you. I just guesstimate!!
Slow is fine for me. If I do too low carb I end up craving them and then I go overboard. I also don't do low calorie. That can really wreck your metabolism so I eat big steaks and such but I still lose and I am satisfied.

Hi kauaimom!!

Last edited by belleadonna; 06-19-2014 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: addition
belleadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all, and Belle! Together we make a Bluebelle---lovely little flower. I started out about 16 months ago at 50 or under carbs a day. In my case I backed myself down to 25 to 35 within the first three months, once I got my arms around this woe and figured out how well I could eat on even less carbs, and the pounds started to melt away. I think I would have lost at 50 grams a day too, just a bit slower---although it sure wasn't fast the way it was, but ultimately a good loss and so doable. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Trigger---Yeah, "the plan" let's do some chatting about that. This vacation is longer than the one I just returned from, and yours is going to be quite long. Challenging I think, for both of us. But I also know we can do this in a way that allows some treats, but I'd like to minimize them.

So, like you, I'm planning on coming loaded for LC bear, LOL. Going to bring a hefty container of tuna salad and egg salad. Also, deffo, some LC bread products. Then I'm thinking some of my fave cheeses and oh yeah my new thing---Wallace pork rinds. I'm telling you, these are great LC dippers, crunchy and light, more like a potato chip than a pork rind. So also, some good dips.

Thinking we'll eat lunches at the hotel---we have a huge verandah on the second floor, overlooking the most gorgeous water view, as good of place to eat as any restaurant up there. We'll save some money, and then I'll just have dinners to deal with in terms of temptations. Those are some of my thoughts for now, more to come. Really want to go into this determine to stay mostly on plan.

Question for you. Do you have a lap top or pad you could check in with? I know, some folks hate that idea on a vacation, but I find it helps me, particularly when it's a longer vacation. Plus, I have selfish concerns---hate to think of this place w/out you for that long.

Lori---Congrats on the half pound down. Remember when we were younger and would have turned our nose up at a half pound? Now I visualize 2 sticks of butter and have a much better appreciation for every ounce we battle off.

Kmom---So happy to hear you're going for ketosis! And it sounds like it's working. A pound down, yay!!! I firmly believe the best way to lose is to be in ketosis. Once you've achieved your goal, you can experiment with how many carbs can be added back in.

To answer your question---what I pick up at the grocery store when I'm doing a LC run: artichokes, cream, bacon, rotisserie chicken, hearts of romaine, slivered almonds (love them roasted on my salads), tomatoes, some fabulous cheese (usually a different one every week) and a whole bunch of other stuff that varies. I shop at two stores, one a delightful family owned grocery store, the other Trader Joes, where I have a whole other list of fave things I can only get there.

Well, look whose making up for vacation with incredibly long posts.
Third day back on plan, but still, this morning the bloat remained, every pound of it. SIGH. I know it will go, just gotta keep on keeping on.

But I'm thinking I'll get the bloat off, return to my low, and about that time we'll be heading off on vacation again. Summer---love it, but it sure has its challenges on this woe.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:26 AM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Cheated yesterday and had some low carb beer. It was yummy. Weight this morning was 162.4 so no harm done. 50 carbs is just my starting point. I am sure I will have to lower it but I am content right now.

I used to do zero carb and I am sure that I don't want to do that again forever but I may include some zero carb days just out of preference.

Keep posting. It is fun to hear from ya'll and glad I found this thread.
belleadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:59 AM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

I'm enjoying my vacation day today! I got up at 6 and started right in. Now it's not even 9 and I've already done 2 loads of laundry, made up the spare bedroom for my sister's arrival next week & set up my husband's new wireless printer!

Today will be a higher carb day for me. I'll leave for the golf course about 11:30 & heaven knows what I'll eat and drink!? I'll only eat what really looks good, but I know I'll be having a bit of dessert after dinner. They give us a really nice dinner after the tournament. It seems to me that it's usually filled chicken breast, mashed potatoes & green beans and then a small dish of ice cream for dessert. No worries, I'll burn it off on the course. I won't get home till 8 tonight and then have to be back and ready to go again at 9 tomorrow morning!

Sounds like a bunch of determined LC'ers here! Love it! I'm a little loosey-goosey this time of year, but I'll keep it in check and then start the serious losing in a couple months.

Exciting about all the vacation plans going on! My big vacation is in October. We're going on a Mediterranean cruise. We leave for Barcelona on October 11 and won't be home till the 27th! WOW....will I have some catching up to do after that! We'll be quite active and burning some calories, but oh my....the food!

Ok...time to see what else I can get in to before time to hit the shower. Love puttering around the house!

Happy Friday!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:45 AM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Hello to all you nice ladies, I love reading about all the adventures. I started this journey the day before Thanksgiving and managed to cook all of the typical dishes without cheating at all. Since I've cooked this meal so many times, I didn't need to taste. My meal was simply turkey, green beans and cauliflower and I let everyone else have their high carb goodies.
Since then I have lost 30 lbs. and because I didn't have a hundred pounds to loose, that rate is good enough for me and since I love vegetables, that's par for the course.
I've learned so much about how to cope in eating situations where I need to make good choices. If I'm forced to eat fast food, I order a double meat and use the bread like you would eat a banana and just peal off the bun as I go.
I've tried to stay at 20g carbs and usually I do. Recently I was worried that I wasn't losing faster after reading all the posts about big and faster losses but then I came back down to earth and told myself that a steady pace of slower losses is much better than a steady pace of slow gains.
I did a ketosis stick yesterday just to reassure myself that I am still in that mode and I am and the stick was quite dark. Soooo onward I go.
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #600
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Got my Hollandaise sauce at Trader Joe's. I want to make a recipe with the sauce, chicken, and asparagus. Anyone have one they love? This is the first time for me cooking with Hollandaise sauce!

Down another pound! Wasting away to something!

KMom