Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Trigger---I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. We've been dealing with sickness here for almost 2 weeks! My husband just recently got the stomach bug too. He doesn't get sick very often so I knew he was feeling pretty bad. He just slept it off. It's so nice that men have the ability to do that, but women still have to run the household LOL!

No loss for me today. I'm still trucking along with my plan. The kiddos have been home all week for Spring break, but I've still managed to stay on plan. We went over to the park yesterday. It was a beautiful day! I really just sat and talked with some other Moms I know, but it was great to finally get out of the house and enjoy the weather. My kids are really getting too big for the park. I think they just wanted to get out. They had cabin fever lol

I'm still not sure what to do about the CNA class. I kinda just found out about it and the class starts Monday. So, not much time to think about it. It's not a free class. In NY they had free CNA classes. They don't have them here. That would be better because if it's not cut out for me I can just quit, no harm no fowl without losing money. My sister is a CNA so I've been asking her questions about it.

Wow Carol, a CNA for 35 years! That's amazing, what an accomplishment!

Have a great weekend on plan ladies!
Msgoody2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi all,

Boy, I LOVE a Friday night! Best night of the week, imo, w/2 whole days ahead to just be who we are, w/out work or school or whatever nosing in. Since I was a very young girl, I have always loved Friday nights and the release they represent. When I was younger, the weekend held all kinds of adventures, now I'm just happy for the peace and quiet of a weekend, the time out.

So far today only my go to lunch at home, a steamed artichoke w/mayo and butter. Going to make myself eggs benny for dinner, w/either Trader Joe's LC sprouted wheat bread (4 NCs/slice) or my GLCBC bagels (2 NCs). Will do so w/ Trader Joes's most excellent Hollandaise sauce, all made, just need to heat up. This stuff is fabulous.

Hubby got me some GREAT egg poacher apparatus on line, so will try that out tonight.

Happy weekend to ya'll, and thank heavens it's here once again.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgoody2shoes View Post

Have a great weekend on plan ladies!
GoBahnsen walks away dejected for not being included in the weekend well-wishing
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Hey GoBahnsen---I didn't know you followed us here. You haven't chimed in. How are you? We've missed your humor!

Still no loss for me. 1 pound for the week. Tomorrow marks the official 4 week mark, but I doubt I'll have a loss. I generally don't lose on weekends. During the week, I'm a creature of habit. I stay on plan on weekends, but who knows what I might have. It's just not so planned out, especially when I have to grocery shop, like today. I enjoy grocery shopping. I get out by myself and enjoy the peacefulness of it.

I hope you're all having a nice weekend on plan!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Trigger---missin' you. Hope you're feeling better.

Hi Gobah! Good to see you here…the path took an unexpected turn. Hope you're doing well.

So this AM I ordered an exercise video set, even though I still have 50 videos from my exercising days of yore…but even after not doing them for years, I'm still sick of them, LOL. Saw an add on TV and couldn't resist.

It's a dance video set, looks totally fun, and has 15 minute work outs, which is perfect for me. It's also dance that incorporates muscle tightening moves. Exercise bores me to death, but I like to dance---and I'm getting to the point in my weight loss where I'd like to tighten things up a bit. I'd like to do 15 minutes 3 or 4 times a week.

Had some raspberries and parmesan cheese for lunch, keeping it very light because I'm going out to dinner tonight w/gal pals to celebrate a birthday, saving my cals and carbs.

Happy Saturday on plan!
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: seastar
Stats: 277.6/273.2/176
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 03/12/2014
Hi All,

I decided I need to join so I have other people to talk to. I have finally come back to low carb as a WOE. I was in relationship with someone who was a chef and I went off low carb for about 10 years. I feel so much better since I started back a week ago and this time I know I just need to stick with it. Now there are so many recipes and websites compared to when I first started back in 2001. Hope everyone has a great rest of your weekend.

Heather
seastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
hey guys

short one again. so tired can't keep my eyes open. allergies are dragging me down big time. my eyes are so red looks like I have been on a 10 day liquor binge
gotta get some allergy eye stuff and few more drugs to help.

Blue, ya gonna end up on Dancing with the Stars Very cool for a dance video to help tighten things up. great idea!

put in a new bread order today. got enough to freeze now. since I love the rye and everything bagels got triple of that.

yawning as I am typing! sad but it is what happens to me every spring. weather nice tho. time to get some lbs off. doing easy clean lc and should see results!

hang in there troops. we got a bit til summer yet and can shed a few unwanted lbs yet!!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Hi Heather,

to the group! I totally agree with you. Last time I got so sick of all the same stuff. Of course, that was my own fault but I do like how many options are available to us now compared to 10 or so years ago. You just couldn't even have bread unless you made some bland stuff yourself. There are so many low carb breads, buns, and wraps out there now. I love it!

Gosh, what a day! I went shopping and went out to my van, wouldn't start! Ugh! Had to wait a half hour or so for the husband to come jump me, well my van lol! I need a new battery. Oh well, this is life lol

I have to go try and figure out the carbs/cals of what I ate today. I had a taco salad from Taco Bell. Minus the shell, rice, and beans. It was just ok so I don't think I'll do that again. Not very filling at all and just not worth it. With the battery fiasco I was ready to go eat all carbs within distance, since I broke down right outside the Taco Bell. I didn't do it. I knew it wouldn't have been worth it. Yes, I am an emotional eater lol

I hope you all had a better day than I did.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:29 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/193/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Good Sunday morning!

Msgood.....sounds like you had quite a day yesterday! Sorry your van let you sit, but glad DH could come and rescue you!

Trig...hope you're feeling a bit better today. Allergies are the pits.

Heather, welcome to the group! I'm new here too. Just pop in and let us know how your day is going.

I played golf on an indoor simulator yesterday. Hoping some day soon the weather will cooperated so we can play real golf! I stayed low carb all day till dinner and then the wheels came off a bit. I had a nice dinner, not terribly high carb, but certainly more than I should have had. As usual, I feel thinner after a meal off plan....weird.

I've been doing some reading about carb/calorie cycling. Basically, you eat more carbs/calories on days when you workout and less on your rest days. It makes sense, but I tend to get in the habit of eating the same things each day. I don't like to calorie count, so I think I'll just work on carb cycling. I've also decided to lay off the peanut butter. I have a terrible habit of taking the jar of pb and a spoon into the living room and diving in. I shudder to think how many calories I've eaten that way.

Just puttering around the house today. Domestic duties, you know.

Have a great day!
Old 03-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shapeup
Stats: 222/xxx/170
WOE: LC
Start Date: Dec.2006 / restart Oct.13,2012
just checking in, why is eating so hard.... I wish the would make food without cal/ carbs. I guess they do it is called water....

Have a great day ladies.
shapeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Heather! And another nod of the head to how many more good LC products there are today then last time I did LC. Of course there's also the fact that didn't try as hard last time to seek out the variety of foods and preps available---bored myself right off the wagon. Won't be doing that again.

Trig- Ha, . But in my living room all by myself, who cares? Although the hubby used to love to pop his head in when I was doing a dance video and smirk, LOL. Hope your sinuses are doing better today and good to be stocked up on GLCBC stuff.

Msgoody---hope you're having a more relaxing day than yesterday!

Lori---the carb cycling thing sounds like a good idea for you, w/you intense work outs. One thing's for sure, experimentation on what works is a very good thing. I tried a carb re-fee once, sure hoped that was a good idea. But it wasn't. Bloated up like crazy, took days to lose it, and didn't do a thing for my rate of loss. Scared to try the carb cycle thing though, don't trust myself, too much a carb hound.

Hi Shapeup!

Did well as far as carbs out to dinner last night, had an outrageously good Crab cobb salad, and a shrimp and bacon appetizer. Tracked the calories as best I could, but I'm sure it was more than I think---always seems to be that way when you eat out. Bounced up three pounds this AM. My carbs were about 25 for the day, and nothing real salty so don't know where this bloat is coming from

And boy, I've got the snacky hungry big time today, haven't had it for awhile and sure haven't missed it. Been nibbling on one thing or another all day, all LC, but more than I usually eat. Pork chops for dinner, hopefully that will sate me, but already thinking of a GLCBC lemon bar butter fried w/WC and berries for desert. Oh my---food is on my mind!

Hope this is gone by tomorrow!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapeup View Post
just checking in, why is eating so hard.... I wish the would make food without cal/ carbs. I guess they do it is called water....

Have a great day ladies.
GoBahnsen walks away sad for not being included with the ladies in having a great day....
Old 03-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Hi all,

Trigger---missin' you. Hope you're feeling better.

Hi Gobah! Good to see you here…the path took an unexpected turn. Hope you're doing well.

So this AM I ordered an exercise video set, even though I still have 50 videos from my exercising days of yore…but even after not doing them for years, I'm still sick of them, LOL. Saw an add on TV and couldn't resist.

It's a dance video set, looks totally fun, and has 15 minute work outs, which is perfect for me. It's also dance that incorporates muscle tightening moves. Exercise bores me to death, but I like to dance---and I'm getting to the point in my weight loss where I'd like to tighten things up a bit. I'd like to do 15 minutes 3 or 4 times a week.

Had some raspberries and parmesan cheese for lunch, keeping it very light because I'm going out to dinner tonight w/gal pals to celebrate a birthday, saving my cals and carbs.

Happy Saturday on plan!
Hi Blue Hi goodie
Old 03-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Hi GoBahnsen

No loss today. I'm feeling horrible today. Not interested in food at all. I considered getting some ginger ale but that's 32 carbs for just a can so I've just slept and rested all day. I'm feeling a little better but not interested in food. Last night I had the chills/shivering. I'm happy that part is over.

I hope you're all having a nice weekend.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi GoBahnsen

No loss today. I'm feeling horrible today. Not interested in food at all. I considered getting some ginger ale but that's 32 carbs for just a can so I've just slept and rested all day. I'm feeling a little better but not interested in food. Last night I had the chills/shivering. I'm happy that part is over.

I hope you're all having a nice weekend.
Awwwwww....goody...I will bring you some chicken soup. Wait. It's my wife.

I'm gonna put this on speaker phone. hold on.

Wife: Who are you talking to?

GB: msgoodie2shoes

Wife: Who?

GB: This girl on the internet...she needs some chicken soup

Wife: Who is it?

I will get back to ya goodie
Old 03-23-2014, 10:45 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Awwwwww....goody...I will bring you some chicken soup. Wait. It's my wife.

I'm gonna put this on speaker phone. hold on.

Wife: Who are you talking to?

GB: msgoodie2shoes

Wife: Who?

GB: This girl on the internet...she needs some chicken soup

Wife: Who is it?

I will get back to ya goodie

LOL! Love that humor It's the thought that counts anyway! I kept it all really light today. I just couldn't stomach anything else. My husband took care of the kids and the house and I just rested and drank lots of liquids.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:33 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Hello LCFs,

I'm feeling a little better today. I'm going to try to eat regular foods today and see how it goes. Instead of just plain broth and toast.

I lost a pound. I'm up to 13 pounds for 4 weeks!

This crazy weather doesn't know what it wants to do. 70's one day and snow a couple days later. C'mon Spring get your act together already!

Have a great day on plan!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday!(?)

Glad you're feeling better goody. Great loss you have going there!

I'm having a low carb day today. Yesterday was a high day...well, dinner was. I made beef noodle soup and ate a good sized portion of the noodles. It was SO good! Went to boot camp this morning, so I'm hoping I burned most of them off!

Sun is shining, but cold here. It was 20 degrees when I left for boot camp this morning at 5:30. Brrrr........

Have a good day all!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
New thread for those Low Carbing in our own way! We're not held to any specific mold. Feel free to post here and gain support without judgement!
But I want judgment. Please feel free to judge me. Tell me I'm self-centered and not as funny as I think I am.. Stuff like that.

thnx goodie
Old 03-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Hi y'all.

As always, couple of notes to my LCOW pals, because I like to let you know I heard you.

Msgoody---glad you're feeling better and happy for you for another pound of loss. You are doin' it, well or sick. As I've said before, I sense the intensity of your commitment right now, and hey, can't say that hasn't had rewards, right?

Lori---you seem to be happy w/your woe, and open to what your experimentation brings you. This is a good thing!

Gobah---I think you're delightful in many ways, but if you want real feed back, then talk more to us about what you're doing/feeling from day to day, in regards to your woe. I have no interest in telling you you're self centered, or not funny. You are funny, and I have no idea of how self centered you are.

But, if you want to really participate in this thread, beyond drive by comments, then fess up man. Hope you won't be angry w/me for being honest, but really, just be real about what's going on w/you, in regards to your woe.

I had a hard day today. My beloved dogger was suddenly unable to stand up. We rushed her to the vet, and it seems it's Lyme's disease, although the possibility of meningitis was thrown out, which is VERY scary. For now we're treating her w/meds for Lyme's disease and hoping it's that easy. Hopefully we'll know w/in 48 hours.

In any case, tends to put things in perspective, so I will simply say that I'm hanging in there today, on plan.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Hi Blue,

I'm sorry about your dog. I'm praying for an easily treatable condition. I have 2 dogs so I know what an important part of the family they are! Good luck!

The real food didn't go over well today. Too much too soon I guess. Tomorrow's another day I suppose. The kiddos are back to school tomorrow so I'll be able to get some rest in.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gobah---I think you're delightful in many ways, but if you want real feed back, then talk more to us about what you're doing/feeling from day to day, in regards to your woe. I have no interest in telling you you're self centered, or not funny. You are funny, and I have no idea of how self centered you are.

But, if you want to really participate in this thread, beyond drive by comments, then fess up man. Hope you won't be angry w/me for being honest, but really, just be real about what's going on w/you, in regards to your woe.

I had a hard day today. My beloved dogger was suddenly unable to stand up. We rushed her to the vet, and it seems it's Lyme's disease, although the possibility of meningitis was thrown out, which is VERY scary. For now we're treating her w/meds for Lyme's disease and hoping it's that easy. Hopefully we'll know w/in 48 hours.

In any case, tends to put things in perspective, so I will simply say that I'm hanging in there today, on plan.
awww, sorry about yer dog Blue. I will pray for her.

Thnx for the honest feedback. Now I feel horrible. I need a safe place where I won't be judged!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
awww, sorry about yer dog Blue. I will pray for her.

Thnx for the honest feedback. Now I feel horrible. I need a safe place where I won't be judged!
No one is judging you Gobah, despite the fact that you asked for that in two comments above. My comment rejected your entreaty to do so, I simply asked that you share about your woe, and what's going on, so that we can talk about that and support you accordingly.

I want you to feel hopeful, and worthy, despite all your imperfections, like all the rest of us. But we do that for ourselves. We cannot depend on others to do it for us.

I believe this IS a safe place. But I really did not know what else to say to you. I probably should have just ignored what you said, not taken your comment seriously. Sorry, I'm in a bad place tonight, and for whatever my part is in doing this wrong, I own it.

Let's just move on, ok?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Blue,

I'm sorry about your dog. I'm praying for an easily treatable condition. I have 2 dogs so I know what an important part of the family they are! Good luck!

The real food didn't go over well today. Too much too soon I guess. Tomorrow's another day I suppose. The kiddos are back to school tomorrow so I'll be able to get some rest in.
Thanks for your kind words and your prayers Msgoody. I really appreciate it.

And sorry you're still feeling punk. Tomorrow is absolutely another day, and we never know what the world has in store when the sun rises again. I wish you healing and feeling better. And having the kiddos back in school and getting some rest is going to help!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
No one is judging you Gobah, despite the fact that you asked for that in two comments above. My comment rejected your entreaty to do so, I simply asked that you share about your woe, and what's going on, so that we can talk about that and support you accordingly.

I want you to feel hopeful, and worthy, despite all your imperfections, like all the rest of us. But we do that for ourselves. We cannot depend on others to do it for us.

I believe this IS a safe place. But I really did not know what else to say to you. I probably should have just ignored what you said, not taken your comment seriously. Sorry, I'm in a bad place tonight, and for whatever my part is in doing this wrong, I own it.

Let's just move on, ok?
oooop's I feel bad for joking around at the wrong time. I was just kidding ya Blue. Like I was goodie when I said I wanted to be judged.

Again, so sorry about yer dog. Hope she makes a full recovery. I always appreciate the things you say. thanks
Old 03-25-2014, 03:54 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Burning a vacation day today to get some stuff done. Have to have my car battery checked as I didn't think it was going to start yesterday morning. It's only 2 years old, so if it is the battery, it'll be under warranty. Anyway...taking that to the garage at 9. Then I'll be home to wait for the ADT alarm guy to come and change out batteries etc. Fun day, huh?

Another rough night of sleep as the husband just cannot kick this "bug" he has caught. He starts coughing and just can't stop. Last night was the worst so far. He may be calling the Doc today. I don't know if there's anything to be done....he doesn't have a fever or feel that bad...it's just the incessant coughing!

Eating was on track yesterday. Good low carb day. Today is to be another low carb and then tomorrow will be a bit higher. I'm going to my sister's for the weekend, so there will be a couple days of higher carb eating. I won't go overboard, but no telling what we'll get in to.

Blue...sure hope the meds do the trick for your dog. It's so hard when our babies are sick.

Msgoody...hope you're feeling better today.

Trig...how are you feeling? If the weather would ever warm up, I think we'd all feel better!

Gobahnsen...I'm new here and still trying to get to know everyone. Hope you're doing well with your woe.

Time for some breakfast.....have a good day everyone!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:26 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
good morning all.

got behind on the thread. lost track of everyone you know how it is...ya kinda fog out of everything then gotta catch back up. well that is me LOL

up 3 lbs. got off track on eating. a bit here and there, not caring about lc too much the last week. so 3 isn't too bad for losing my drive and ambition but now I gotta get this 3 off and continue down the scale as usual!

sinus stuff gets in my way big time. and the hot flashes came back. oh lovely
but all that will get straightened out and I am back on my lc food plan. time to relax a bit, de-stress, get over allergies somehow, re-group and find some stinking motivation to get into killer lc again!

everyone take care and do what ya gotta do! I will be ;0
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Let's just move on, ok?
How are you today Blue? How's yer dog?
Old 03-25-2014, 08:31 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Good Morning!

Burning a vacation day today to get some stuff done. Have to have my car battery checked as I didn't think it was going to start yesterday morning. It's only 2 years old, so if it is the battery, it'll be under warranty. Anyway...taking that to the garage at 9. Then I'll be home to wait for the ADT alarm guy to come and change out batteries etc. Fun day, huh?

Another rough night of sleep as the husband just cannot kick this "bug" he has caught. He starts coughing and just can't stop. Last night was the worst so far. He may be calling the Doc today. I don't know if there's anything to be done....he doesn't have a fever or feel that bad...it's just the incessant coughing!

Eating was on track yesterday. Good low carb day. Today is to be another low carb and then tomorrow will be a bit higher. I'm going to my sister's for the weekend, so there will be a couple days of higher carb eating. I won't go overboard, but no telling what we'll get in to. Try it all. Throw the kitchen sink at the bug. Bugs don't mind living with Nyquil or cough syrup...but they hate the natural stuff that God gave us.

Blue...sure hope the meds do the trick for your dog. It's so hard when our babies are sick.

Msgoody...hope you're feeling better today.

Trig...how are you feeling? If the weather would ever warm up, I think we'd all feel better!

Gobahnsen...I'm new here and still trying to get to know everyone. Hope you're doing well with your woe.

Time for some breakfast.....have a good day everyone!
Hi Lori Try drinking Braggs Raw Apple cider vinegar mixed in water or juice to help get rid of the bug faster.

PS:I used to get really sick and a lot. Since I learned how to create an unwelcome environment for viruses by keeping my system toxic to bugs, I haven't been sick in over 5 years. Kyolic garlic, vita c...I'm sure the Airborn formula (haven't tried it) has a lot of immune boosters. But I swear by the Braggs.

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 03-25-2014 at 08:44 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Hi LCF's,

Yesterday was rough keeping anything down. I was just trying to keep from getting dehydrated. We had this stomach bug running rampant through our house for the last 2 weeks so it was impossible to escape it. My stomach feels a little better today finally. Hopefully the food goes well today. I'm not happy with the liquid diet at all.

I lost another 2 pounds which I'm not all that happy with because it's unhealthy. 3 pounds in 2 days is not the way I want to do this. I don't have much of a choice so I guess I have to take it.

Have a good day on plan!