Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #541
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Something funny for you..
I hunted and hunted for my scales this morning and I can not find them DH hid them well
So can't weigh until Monday
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Shafurk and meme---yep, those happy little bouncing guys pretty much describe how good it feels to be wearing clothes I like and feel great in. And I agree meme, clothes that fit well, no matter where you are on your weight loss journey, are a big help in feeling better and motivated, at least for me.

Lori---Yeah, I've gotten some great spices and condiments at TJ's too, But like you said, likely won't be there next time. Still, fun when you find it. Sounds like you're in a lower carb mode right now. Curious, does the scale move more for you when you're doing exercise and LC, or due to the large amt of exercise you do it doesn't matter?

Trigger---7 pounds down! In what, about 2 weeks? Sure, some of that is water, but some of it is also what Lori calls "hard lard." Love that. Hope you don't mind me responding to something you said on another thread, that you're"waiting for a whoosh,"----well ma'm, 7 pounds down IS a whoosh!

You were probably not in deep ketosis when you started Atkins 74, if in ketosis at all, so you got that induction "whoosh"--- which I think of as the body shoving out all that bloaty water and crap we carry around on a daily basis when we're eating too many carbs.

Your pace of weight loss probably will slow down a bit. But hey, look at it this way. If you've lost another 10 pounds by Macy's fall sale, you are going to have a very good time there! Trust me, 10 pounds from where you're at is where so many great things start to happen.

Your challenge right now, IMO, is accepting whatever the scale says without letting it derail you. Nothing wrong with slow and steady. I've found it works quite well.

Bertha---, you have a foxy husband! Me thinks he knows you well.

Did pretty good out to dinner last night, although due to a few choices my carbs were higher yesterday---somewhere between 35 and 40. My calories OTOH, were well under goal. I figure if on some nights I go a bit over in my carbs, it's important to keep a check on the cals. Conversely, If I go higher on the cals, as long as my carbs are lower, I feel like it's a better day.

Good day today. Large salad for lunch, steak and eggs for dinner. Tomorrow night is out again for hubby's b'day, so need to keep it very clean today.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
yea I think the same Blue. It is going to slow down now darn it. I got the induction whoosh cause I wasn't really in ketosis with going up and down on carbs. So being in real ketosis now means I got some benefits. Now the waiting begins, lb by lb. as usual

happy b-day to your hubby tomorrow. You two be good LOL
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #544
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Shafurk and meme---yep, those happy little bouncing guys pretty much describe how good it feels to be wearing clothes I like and feel great in. And I agree meme, clothes that fit well, no matter where you are on your weight loss journey, are a big help in feeling better and motivated, at least for me.

Lori---Yeah, I've gotten some great spices and condiments at TJ's too, But like you said, likely won't be there next time. Still, fun when you find it. Sounds like you're in a lower carb mode right now. Curious, does the scale move more for you when you're doing exercise and LC, or due to the large amt of exercise you do it doesn't matter?

Trigger---7 pounds down! In what, about 2 weeks? Sure, some of that is water, but some of it is also what Lori calls "hard lard." Love that. Hope you don't mind me responding to something you said on another thread, that you're"waiting for a whoosh,"----well ma'm, 7 pounds down IS a whoosh!

You were probably not in deep ketosis when you started Atkins 74, if in ketosis at all, so you got that induction "whoosh"--- which I think of as the body shoving out all that bloaty water and crap we carry around on a daily basis when we're eating too many carbs.

Your pace of weight loss probably will slow down a bit. But hey, look at it this way. If you've lost another 10 pounds by Macy's fall sale, you are going to have a very good time there! Trust me, 10 pounds from where you're at is where so many great things start to happen.

Your challenge right now, IMO, is accepting whatever the scale says without letting it derail you. Nothing wrong with slow and steady. I've found it works quite well.

Bertha---, you have a foxy husband! Me thinks he knows you well.

Did pretty good out to dinner last night, although due to a few choices my carbs were higher yesterday---somewhere between 35 and 40. My calories OTOH, were well under goal. I figure if on some nights I go a bit over in my carbs, it's important to keep a check on the cals. Conversely, If I go higher on the cals, as long as my carbs are lower, I feel like it's a better day.

Good day today. Large salad for lunch, steak and eggs for dinner. Tomorrow night is out again for hubby's b'day, so need to keep it very clean today.
BERTHA Try Berta
Old 06-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #545
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Hi all!

Still doing really good eating LC. Had a "whoosh" which was to be expected. Still losing those "food drunk" pounds. I never want to do that again. Why do I do it? For me, it was a week that was stressful, so I rewarded myself with food. Ugh! Then not only did I gain weight, but my blood pressure went pretty high - so high I could not sleep at night. So once again I have learned my lesson. Now my BP is down to some good numbers and I have eaten really good for quite a few days now. I don't want to stop. I want to be consistent. I am determined. I want to have "clothes stories" like Blue. I want to be close to my goal like Trigger. I want to play golf like Lori. Nah, that just sounded fun to say. Man, Lori, that is a lot of walking...right? Must be great exercise!

I made this new recipe for me called...A Giant Meatball. I think I got it from FB, but it might be on this site also. I think it is one of the best things I have tasted in years!!!! Let me know if anyone wants the recipe. Ground beef, ground turkey, almost flour, eggs, loads of spices, etc. After it is cooked, it simmers in marinara sauce for 45 minutes!
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #546
Berta48

Kauaimom
POST RECIPE PLEASE
Old 06-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #547
Senior LCF Member

Here you go, Berta.

If you try it, please let me know if it is truly one of the most yummiest things you have ever tasted. I made 12 meatballs and they were still huge! So the carb counts are less. I wasn't sure about needing to simmer it for 45 minutes after they were cooked in the oven, but I am glad I did. I don't know if that added to the flavor, but something sure did. I put two meatballs on my plate, a little sauce on top, and then some parmesan cheese on top!

Wish I remembered who this was from, so I could give them credit.

Giant Meatball with Sauce
These are baked in the oven, and then simmered in sauce – so they take a little longer than my usual meatball recipes. I promise you though, they are worth the wait!!! Also there isn’t a lot of hand’s on time, so even though they take awhile to cook, you don’t really have to babysit them. Once baked, you could even add them to a crockpot full of sauce and let them go for a few hours, rather than doing it on the stove.

I formed my mix into 4 giant meatballs that were about 1/2 lb each – but you could really make them smaller if you want to. I’m going to give you the nutrition info for either one of the 4 giant meatballs, or one of the smaller, but still huge 8 large meatballs.

Serving Size: 4 giant, or 8 large meatballs A low carb and gluten free recipe for giant Italian meatballs.

Ingredients
For the meatballs:
1lb ground beef (80/20)
1lb ground pork (or you can use all beef)
2/3 cup almond flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/3 cup lukewarm water
To serve:
2 cups no sugar added marinara sauce
1/4 cup of water
grated parmesan cheese

Instructions
For the meatballs:
Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly, but gently, until the mix is completely blended. Form into 4 softball sized meatballs (or 8 smaller meatballs). Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (25 minutes for the smaller ones).
To serve:
Pour the 2 cups of marinara sauce and the water into a medium saucepan or crockpot. Add the meatballs and stir gently to coat with the sauce. Cover and simmer on low for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the meatballs are tender. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Notes
Approximate nutrition information:
per naked giant meatball: 616 calories, 44g fat, 3.8g net carbs, 50g protein
per naked large meatball: 308 calories, 22g fat, 1.9g net carbs, 25g protein
Per 1/4 cup sauce: 25 calories, 1g fat, 3.5g net carbs, 1g protein
Old 06-12-2014, 04:58 AM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Berta---hope when ya get the scales back they show great results

------down .5
whoopy. well of course it is good but SO SICK of doing the decimals LOL

putting scale away for a while. just going to let lc take its course.

being good. today I am shooting for almost 0 carb again as usual.

bacon eggs thru the day
tuna mayo
dinner--not sure what I want on the grill. small salad.

usual stuff, which is fine right now. not wanting much variety which is strange for me but I am happy about that!!!

everyone be good. LC works. We know it and can cash in on all the benefits it gives us!! if we hold the course!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:18 AM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just rambling here----cause I thought about the food variety thing I posted a bit ago.

I started A72 about 12 days ago. It is almost 0 total carb. low as ya can go and eat from the food list recommended.....I was NEW atkins before at that 20-30 net carb range.

just an observation I'd like to share with ya.

I was a big variety eater. I loved variety. Type that wanted a big meal, losts of different tastes, end it with sweets. kinda like I had to get the whole gambit of different tastes all the time. and alot of it variety was my middle name.

being on atkins 72 with the almost 0 total carb (of course it is mostly limited food choices vs. the net 20 range) I have almost lost all of that desire for my food tastes.

I think I am super carb sensitive. I think VERY lc is helping me immensely. I just can't think of another reason why I am losing my thoughts and desires about food. Deep ketosis. Real ketosis. No food boredom which after this amt. of time I was starting to really think was going to pull me off track.

you know, being limited on food choices. Not something a person thinks they can live with easily, especially me. but for some reason being very low total carb is changing my thinking/desire about food. WHICH is a good thing

I kinda lost that constant battle with the mind and food thoughts. I get fleeting thoughts of foods, but it is so short now. so much easier to pass by and get out of my mind. HUH

just throwing out some thoughts and things I see happening to me. I am going to continue VLC and see where it takes me.

BUT of course after writing this I will probably jump into a gallon of ice cream and come back with chocolate all over my face HAHA....nah, that won't happen. But when I make observations or declarations I seem to stress out over them and fall.

but this is a good change that is happening to me. just thought I'd mention it.

Anyone else getting these types of feeling?
Old 06-12-2014, 05:34 AM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Well.....if I ever get back on the strict low carb wagon, I'm sure I'll have those feelings Trig. Why is the summer so hard for me? Just too much going on I guess. I'm not stressing......I'll get my groove back.

Weighed in this morning and it shows up 1/2 lb. I'm not stressing over that either as I had a piece of lasagna(gasp!) and a slice of garlic bread for dinner last night. Since I had already done that, I finished the day with a piece of strawberry shortcake. That's called eating because you ate. I don't feel out of control, just not making the best choices right now. I deserved that 1/2 lb and am lucky that's all it was! Thank goodness for all the exercise I do or I'd be in big trouble. Today is planned as a very low carb day.......

DH & I ran between the raindrops this morning. It never rained hard, so we were lucky. If I can crawl out of bed in the morning, I'll be heading to another boot camp session. The weekend features golf both days with lots of walking. Oh....and we should do another running session on Sunday morning. Good grief I'm tired!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

girl, if I ate lasagna, garlic bread and finished with straw. shortcake---I would be up AT LEAST 2-3 lbs. No way that would be 1/2 on me

and it would take me at least 2 days to lose those lbs. being strictly VERY low carb.

I think that is how we are all so different. carb sensitivity. some can have 'their cake and eat it too' and get back on the wagon fast wtihout too bad results----and others have the one bite will send me over the edge into carb cravings, bloat and a slippery slope.

it all depends where you fall on the carb sentitivity ladder in this life on how hard it is to stict to LC without tempting yourself, sabotaging yourself etc. Knowing your limits is the only way most can get thru this long term.

Some maintainers allow XX foods back into their life---others stick to weight loss mode eating in order to even come close to hanging onto their goal weight.

It is good to know where each person stands. then at least you know the breaking point ya know. your true limits of what ya can get away with and still hold onto your success.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:22 AM   #552
Berta48

Morning Gang

Well I was having scale withdrawals and DH gve me back the scales.
I weighed this a.m. and I am down 7lbs since Monday!!! I was 248 today 241

I haven't been hungry yet either!! Good food too! Sure hope this is my ideal plan for my body!
Old 06-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Good for you Berta!!!

Trig, I know what you mean. It's a slippery slope and the only thing that is saving me the past couple weeks is my exercise. I know that I will have to tighten things up if I ever want to get rid of the last 25 lbs.

You are doing so awesome Trig! Down, down, down goes the scale!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Berta --- Sorry for the unwanted H. Typing too fast.

KMom --- Your recipe looks yummy. Put it in my LC file, but hoping maybe I can get the hubby to make it.

Trigger --- I think the deep ketosis is a big part of you being able to do w/out the variety right now. I can feel some of that myself, just in cutting down from 25 to 35 NCs a day to under 25.

Being in ketosis is imo, an appetite suppressant all the way around, real and MIND hunger. Food just doesn't seem to call out to us in the same way it does when one ups the carbs. And the deeper you go into it, the more you get that effect. This is what Dr. Atkins always knew, right?

.5 down is good news! I was thinking the other day that I've lost 4 to 5 pounds since I went to San Diego, depending on the day and the bounce. If we go w/the 5 pounds, it means I've lost about .5 a WEEK since then. Not much, not fast, but when you get to the bottom line on that, I can feel and see it in my clothes, and I'm just that much closer to goal. Patience is our friend, and how.

This AM I Popped up to 178.4, a bit over a pound up from my low. So predictable. I NEVER hold on to a new number for more than a day or two, before I begin to bounce again. But now the bounce is in lower territory. Just the way my body works, so that's that and I don't get exercised about it anymore. In fact, I don't get exercised at all, . Need to do something about that beyond talking about it.

Hubby's b'day today, so we're out tonight. Will be a fun group, know the restaurant well and what I can order. Off to pick up a few gifts for him now, and run a few other errands I need to do before we leave town tomorrow.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Berta --- we were posting at the same time, didn't see your great news. Congrats! That's great, and sounds like you're getting comfy on the woe.

Lori---like I used to say to Trig, looks like you're going to get to goal in two parts. You've accomplished the first, and are holding on to it. You'll lose the second part when your mojo stands up and says NOW, like Trigger's has. It happens when it happens. Meantime, you're in great shape, maintaining your loss so far, and those are good things.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #556
Berta48

Thanks Ladies
I certainly hope this is the WOE for my body. Seems I always startout great and then somethinghappens and I stop losing.Then I get impatient. But I will try ot hang on this time.

Blue not a problem about the H. It made me smile
Old 06-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Home from hubby's B'day party and it was such a nice night. 12 of us, all of them old pals of my husband's, now after all these years, great friends of mine too.

I just want to say, man, I've been through the gauntlet this week, with 4 out of 5 nights out. That doesn't happen often, but it happened this week. And I'm just feeling very good about how I've done with it.

Tonight hubby and I split a shrimp cocktail, then I had a flank steak w/bernaise sauce and green beans. Had one half of one slice of a baguette (French restaurant) and one small bite of hubby's dessert. That's it, but I felt like I had a feast. What I ate was delicious, but I was really more involved with the people we love, the toasts and cheers and laughs. The food really took a back seat to that. I feel like at last, I'm figuring out to do this without feeling deprived, and without feeling I need to eat a lot to have a good time, or need carbs to celebrate or enjoy myself.

I had a great time tonight and STILL came in under 25 net carbs for the day, and just under 1500 calories.

I can do this, and I can be happy doing it. That's what I'm learning, every day that i stay on this journey. I guess we're never too old to get better and better at something.
Thank God, huh?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:57 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Blue, That sounds like a great time. Eating out gets easier and easier as we all learn what to order to stay on tract. Last time we went to a French restaurant it was so hard to pass on the bread, but I did it too. We both ordered Escargot for appetizer, cooked Butter but they also came with this wonderful smelling garlic toasted bread rounds to dip in the butter. I actually put them on my husband's plate and just dipped a little garlic out of the butter with a spoon...lol
A restaurant we like to eat at has great salads with the entrees. Bacon, egg and croutons on them. Now I automatically toss them on his salad.
Where there is a will there is a way......
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:07 AM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ALL you can EAT crab legs last night. hubby wanted seafood so out we went.
small side salad only with it. lots of butter YUM. sodium was a killer of course but no problems.
hush puppies, fries, corn on the cob and more on the table. didn't even notice it

I AM PUTTING the scale away. cause honestly I am soooooo sick of it. I will work A72 and let the lc do its things.

I am in a good place!! in the zone. I feel if I just let it happe it will and take off the pressure of worry. so tired of the worry of it all!

everyone be strong on lc. lc is the bomb.

Berta--congrats. that is a big drop and wonderful for ya.

Blue--you did great at hubbys party. I ALSO know the fun isn't in the food, it truly IS IN the company sounds like a great night!!

kiddo getting award at school. last day. so I will be heading there to see her get it! she is thrilled she is going into 4th grade. WOW lol......plus she was top 4 highest score in the tests in the entire county out of the 3rd graders. I got a smart one she is a blast!

hold strong ALL!!!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 06-13-2014 at 06:10 AM..
Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Trig, CRAB LEGS!!!! Yum I want to go there.....
Old 06-13-2014, 06:17 AM   #561
Senior LCF Member

Trig......what an awesome dinner! I love crab, but I want someone else to pick it out of the shell for me. I have trouble eating something I have to beat with a hammer first. Congrats to your daughter! What an accomplishment!

Blue...sounds like a good time was had by all for your hubby's birthday! Nothing like good friends and good times.

5 mornings in a row of working out. I'm a tired kitten. 3 boot camps and 2 run/walk sessions. Tomorrow morning I won't do anything until it's time to head for the golf course. Then I'll be walking my feet off for 4 hours. Love it!

DH is going to his brother's today and stay overnight to help with some work around his place. Since the motorcycle accident, there's a lot he needs help with. He is actually doing more than he should, but some of it is just impossible. He lives about 2 hrs. from us. DH will be home tomorrow evening as he is putting on a presentation at a local State park on Sunday morning. Forestry related as that was his "thing" for his whole career.

I'll be on my own tonight and I have BIG plans. Stripping the bed and changing the sheets and then passing out in my recliner by 8:30. Admit it, you wish you were me, don't you?

I had a good low carb day yesterday. Did eat a bit too much natural peanut butter last night, but that's the first I've done that in a long time. I remember when it used to be a nightly occurrence!

Oh.......went to my Chiropractor yesterday for my 6 week adjustment and she said "There seems to be less of you since you were here last" Even though the scale isn't showing it, I guess the "shifting sands" are making a difference!

Ok..enough of my rambling. Have a wonderful Friday and a nice weekend!
Old 06-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

meme---you bet, "where there is a will, there is a way." I needed to eat as clean as possible this week because we're off on a little vacation today, where I know there will be some treats. Pal we are staying with is an outrageously good cook! But she knows I'm LC and does LC herself a bit, so there will be good choices. But no way am I passing up her backed beans, or her Trifle dessert. Small helping of each awaits me. Those are my planned treats, so hope that's the worst of it. We'll see. Always harder on vacation. The "will" sometimes goes the other way, LOL.

Trigger ---Is that your darlin' kiddo and dog in your new avatar? What a great pix. Congrats to Nicole for being such a smarty pants in the right way!

Lori---Nice comment from the Chiropractor. And she would know, right? Yay!

Taking a quick break from packing last minute stuff, we'll be off in a bout a half hour.
Takes about 4 hours to get there, so we'll pull into my pal's house just in time for cocktails and dinner. We'll stay there for 2 nights, then move to our fave little boutique hotel there---such a cool room with a nice big balcony. It's in a very fun neighborhood, lots of shops and fantastic little restaurants.

Tonight my pal is serving cheeseburgers, so I'm bringing my Trader Joe's LC sprouted wheat bread to have one on. And her famous baked beans which are heaven on earth, and as I said above, is already a slated for treat.

Did well this week in prep for a few treats on vacation. I'll be checking in, laptop is all packed. Know we'll have a blast, hoping it will be mostly non carb fun!
Old 06-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you packed the laptop Blue. We want to go on vacation with you and the gals Sounds like you are in for a fab time! ENJOY yourself and have a blast. Glad you are getting away and getting some down time to have fun with friends!!!

Lori, it is nice you DH can help him and drive over and get some stuff done. it is best to truly let that leg recover. when ya push it you can have complications. the smart thing to do is rest and relax and let time heal that leg!!

and PUT DOWN THAT PEANUT BUTTER WOMAN! haha....oh no....don't you be scooping up that PB again!

Meme----the crab legs were the big king crab. just so much delish in them that I was in heaven YUM is so right!!

-----well have to report. I am a proud Momma. Kiddo got the highest grades in her class and she was selected by University of North Carolina as an Academic All Star. Won 4 tickets to Chapel Hill Tar Heels football game. She is one smart little cookie.

LC all the way today. for some reason my mind is thinking sweet stuff. huh. but not that big draw I used to have. kinda fleeting thoughts but I sure won't act on them. if anything I am going to fry up bacon all day if I have too LOL
Old 06-14-2014, 03:50 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday morning!

I slept in till 6 o'clock! I thought maybe I'd have trouble sleeping with DH not here, but nope, drifted right off and slept well. I'm sure he and his brother are up and out for breakfast by now. They are both early risers. Not sure what the projects are for today, but I'm sure DH will be tired when he gets home tonight.

I'll be heading for the golf course about 9. Supposed to be sunny and 72 degrees. Perfect! Tomorrow will be a bit warmer, but still very nice. I'm looking forward to a great day out in the sunshine.

Have a great weekend friends!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:06 AM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

72. great weather. we are in the 90s today. melting time but great for swimming. enjoy the golfing!!

I read no peanut butter, so I guess ya backed away from it HAHA

Blue---hope your traveling was good and you are settled and having a blast!!! Let us know when ya can.

-----all good here. hot day. vaccuum, dust a bit, laundry, clean 1 bath and straighten up, fed the kid, now I am relaxing a minute. got alot done very fast this morning.

now it is porch, a drink or 2 (me bad) and pool and swimming. time to stop the world, I am getting off it now!!!

no scale so don't know but my stupid 14s that I bought in JUNIOR dept are tight still. So I hit the store and bought a pair of 16s since I couldn't find women's 14 anywhere. One of those impulse buys. Well the 16s are falling off. What the?? yea, I didn't try them on cause I figured I could wear them a bit and be decent, but geez, they are sliding down how can 16s be huge and the 14s SO tight. Well they aren't really tight, but I like looser clothes. Hubby says the 14s look good but I FEEL them ya know. like restricting and it is something I don't like. I gotta treat those Junior 14 capris as 12s SO OFF to the store next week and WILL find womens 14s that fit great. No more junior dept mistakes for this gal in the future.

it is always something.

feel thinner so just going with the flow.

steak on grill tonight. garlic butter and small salad
tuna and mayo probably some time today along with bacon if needed. bacon holds me so well and I love it so it never gets old. at least right now

off to get my relaxing started!! everyone be good LC people today!

Last edited by Trigger828; 06-14-2014 at 06:07 AM..
Old 06-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!
Pouring hère! Guess I won't do any gardening!

Trig: Congrats on the award for your daughter. And you crack me up. Sometimes I laugh out loud.

Lori - LOVE that saying..."Eating because you ate". That happens to me a lot, but I want to break that habit!

Blue - I was impressed with your eating when you split the shrimp cocktail with your hubby, ate the flank steak/green beans, a slice of baguette and a bite of your hubby's desert! My favorite part was when you said...It felt like a feast! Such control (at least for that meal)! I want to learn to have that control.

Meme - You mentioned a restaurant with great salads. What is the name of it?

OK - I am going to try something for a week. Taking off from what Trigger was talking about. I am going to eat the SAME thing for a week. Really, if it is tasty, I don't mind. Then I am going to try the A72 for the next week. I have never done induction from the A72. I did the Dukan Diet for about a year and lost 50 lbs. But I like this woe much better.

Will post what I am going to eat in a new thread.

KMom
Old 06-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Sunday, 6-15-14 to Sunday, 6-22-14

KMom's NV#1 Week

Breakfast: 3 eggs (2 of the egg whites only), 2 sausage, small shredded cheddar cheese
Coffee - black

Lunch: 1 cup home-made veggie/tomato soup with chicken
1/3 cup Fage yogurt, 1 1/2 T. oat bran, 1 strawberry, 1/2 packet Stevia
Tuna with mayo, lettuce, tomato, celery, onion on one pita bread - Josephs

Dinner: 2 meatballs with Marinera sauce
2 Zucchini fritters

Snack: Not sure. Will think about it today.

I will figure out carb counts later today. I want it to be about 20ish.

It's almost like I should do the A72 first and then this. Hmmmm. Based on my life and responsibilities, I think I
need to keep it this way.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KM, if ya want A72 induction it is very limited food. I ''mostly'' have stuck to the A72 level 1 list. You can pop over and they have a 'sticky' thread that tells actually what ya can eat. Don't sway from it. That is what I did and lost 7 lbs in 10 days. AND IT WAS easy cause I like to eat this way anyway.

but it is all about carbs. Not NET. total. So there is no subtracting the fiber and sugar alcohols. A72 counts total. and we usually stay very low in carbs til later when you might add some back.

You will find out REAL fast just how carb sensitive you are if you do A72 for a week. Then add a bit of carbs back in....the adding back in tells ya real fast what you can handle.

Don't panic or jump around too much. LC works. If the carbs are controlled, the weight will come off and if the scale lies, then the inches (and this is true) will still disappear.
LC are leaner people. the 'fluff' that carbs gives a body is taken away. inches are lost if the scale is stagnant if you work the plan.

you will do great cause you have good motivation. nothing wrong with eating a certain way as long as the carbs are contained. but if you are one of those who are carb sensitive, then under 20 carbs might be important, but that is what you have to find out. when I am way under 20 carbs the weight drops like a maniac. when I hit into 20-25 carbs then it is so much slower, BUT I AM EATING more like my old self and feel less deprived, kinda like it isn't as dramatic a change...you know what I mean.

you can lose very fast with total control....or take your time, change your eating ways, but kinda still hold onto the control thru learning these changes, adapting, feeling comfortable with your foods.

it will all work out fine for ya!!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 06-14-2014 at 09:28 AM..
Old 06-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaimom View Post
Sunday, 6-15-14 to Sunday, 6-22-14

KMom's NV#1 Week

Breakfast: 3 eggs (2 of the egg whites only), 2 sausage, small shredded cheddar cheese
Coffee - black

Lunch: 1 cup home-made veggie/tomato soup with chicken
1/3 cup Fage yogurt, 1 1/2 T. oat bran, 1 strawberry, 1/2 packet Stevia
Tuna with mayo, lettuce, tomato, celery, onion on one pita bread - Josephs

Dinner: 2 meatballs with Marinera sauce
2 Zucchini fritters

Snack: Not sure. Will think about it today.

I will figure out carb counts later today. I want it to be about 20ish.

It's almost like I should do the A72 first and then this. Hmmmm. Based on my life and responsibilities, I think I
need to keep it this way.
Kaui, I do Adkins 92-2002 which I believe is the same as the most current atkins version. I do this because I like vegetables and I like the nourishment it gives me and because I want to learn how to eat properly again while losing weight. Right now since I am still losing, I try to stick to 20g carbs. I count all carbs and not net carbs.
The restaurant I spoke about is called Mason Jar. It is not a chain restaurant. I love it because I can order a steak, prime rib or chicken with asparagus and the salad. For appetizer we always share an artichoke...hum
Old 06-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Gorgeous day here. Sitting outside at my pal's in front of her heavenly garden. This is a June day at its best---sunny, warm but not hot, birds singing, no bugs, no humidity. We're off soon to the huge farmer's market around the square here, very fun. Then down State Street, that great street, for some funky shopping with the college kids. So many memories here for me.

Did very well yesterday. One bite of dessert, otherwise no cheats/treats. It helped that right before we left yesterday my Wallace pork rinds arrived. Ordered them on a rec from someone here. So I packed up a bunch of bags for the trip, and they really helped last night when everyone was dipping carby appetizers in all kinds of good stuff.

Not a big pork rind fan, but I do have to agree with that poster that these are the best I've ever had. Got the salsa sour cream flavor, and they're quite good, particularly when you dip them ub guacomole and or hot sauce.
They are very light and crunchy, not so porky tasting. The CRUNCH just really makes me happy. And of course NO carbs. Will be ordering more in other flavors!

Tonight my pal is having a bunch of folks we know over and making a porketta, and her famous fried potatoes, baked beans and raspberry trifle for dessert. So tonight is my treat night, not to go hog wild, but will be having a little of everything and enjoying it. I like planned treats, feel more in control and not so ambushed by bad choices. And when I plan for them, I don't tend to go hog wild. Nice little helping.

Tomorrow we'll be going to the hotel, then out to eat, so tomorrow will be a cleaner LC day.

Having so much fun, hope y'all are too!