Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi peeps,

Checking in again late, just home from our party. What a fun night! Party was on the river, w/a lovely outdoor deck and view of the city. Gorgeous summer night. And I just have to say a couple of things.

First of all, I wore a new skirt I bought last weekend. Very slim fitting, with a top TUCKED IN and belted. Boy, that sure never happened 47 pounds ago---it was always the tent and awning look, LOL.

Gotta tell you, felt like a million bucks in it. I'm no spring chicken, but gosh, I felt pretty for my age, which is all I expect or want. Got lots of compliments as I hadn't seen some of the folks there for quite awhile. HUGE NSV night, and thought to myself once again, NEVER GOING BACK to that overweight woman trapped in baggy clothing she hated!

Second of all, I did well w/the food. My two treats were one off plan appetizer---a small baguette slice with apple and brie, and a VERY modest spoonful of the pasta dish with my meat and veggie. I enjoyed my evening SO much, without feeling deprived or tempted to go overboard. THIS is a way I can live, a taste of special on a special night. Gives me hope that I am learning more and more how to be happy on this woe long term.

KMom---sounds like you did great today! Water melon is fine in small amounts, which is what you had---about 5 NCs for a half cup. Also, quick note, water melon, feta cheese, and calamata olives drizzled w/a balsamic vinegarette is so yummy, great refreshing summer side salad. I hear your determination---keep it coming! You will be rewarded. Tonight is a night when I feel like I can say it's SO worth it---all the trials and tribulations and struggles of this journey.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Blue, that is so great that you are so close to your final goal weight. You've held the course and now is your reward. I know what you mean about your new skirt, it must feel so good to know that all your hard work has paid off...
Trigger, Yes hubbie needs to get off of the "white" and he knows it but until he is ready all I can do is suggest. We all know that low fat doesn't work so cutting his butter or not using oil for meats won't help.
Berta, I think your new diet will work for you.
Kauaimom, WELCOME!! I did low carb 10 years ago and it worked for me but after going back to the dark side I still kept up my coffee with heavy cream and that combined with carbs is what did me in. So I have been back for 5 1/2 months and things are going well at a steady pace and for that I am thankful. It really is the only way to eat for a healthful diet. I eat my full 20grams of carbs and have vegetables/salads with dinner and sometimes at lunch too. I've always loved vegetables with butter.
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:53 AM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Morning!

What a whirlwind of a weekend. The husband and I had a good day on the golf course on Saturday. I ended up winning 3 awards, straightest drive for women, longest drive & beat out 6 guys to win the putting contest! By winning the putting contest, I earned the right to do one long putt with a chance to win $5000. Unfortunately, I missed that putt.

After the tournament, we headed to my sister's to help her out. Early yesterday morning we got started on cleaning out her attic. What a job! We got it all done and were home about 2. Then it was domestic duties of laundry and I made husband another shortcake to have with his strawberries. Now if I could just stay out of it!

I'm up and ready for boot camp as I have some weekend calories to burn.

Have a good start to your week.

Welcome to the The more the merrier!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:37 AM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Just so interesting how we all deal with the scale! No matter how unimportant we try to make, it's just a big bossy cow any way you slice it, LOL. that is so true Blue. The scale is the boss of my moods for sure!

Ta Da! A new number this AM. 177.5. Bringing this guy out--- CONGRATS!

Trigger, I attribute this to your good influence in the last couple of weeks. Seriously, you inspired me, and I think cutting my carbs to 25 or under and sticking to it 98% of the time is what's been moving me down. THIS is fab!! we were carb creeping. ME, way more than you. You kept going slowly, I stalled myself. One thing I know NOW with no uncertainty --IT IS ALL ABOUT THE CARBS.
Glad I could help Blue. You kept me from backsliding big time. I was almost in a give up situation. You were holding steady to LC. You gave me incentitive to hold strong......glad my new found mojo got you to clean up the carb creep also.

we got this gal. I see both of us hitting goal definitely!!!
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:46 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori sounds like an action packed weekend for you. You gonna need a bit nap after all that excitement!!!

Blue---I lied about the scale. I couldn't stay off this morning. Had to peak.

DOWN 1 LB ----AGAIN

this A72 plan has been my fastest weight loss since starting LC so long ago.

for me now I realize it is ALL about the carbs. I lost at 20 nc. before but slowly. Dragged out. With such a huge stall/baby backsliding/who cares attitude---I got so discouraged and frustrated.

but NOW I am in the zone big time. Carbs are out and I am doing wonderful.

Blue, So happy to hear about your new outfit and how good you felt in it!! I too am now envisioning my new clothes that I will be putting on in a few months!

I woke up thinner feeling love that so I had to sneak a scale peak. haha. I guess as much as I say I don't want the stupid scale to rule my life....I think I will just weigh in the morning again as usual. I obviously can not stay off the darn thing!!!

Supposed to ride. rain. killed that great horse ride. and rain all week. shoot me now!

so todays food is gonna look like this

bacon and eggs
3-6 hot wings
smoked pork
maybe a very small salad today with ceasar if wanted

Everyone stay strong. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE CARBS. NEVER FORGET THAT!!!! If ya do you stall, backslide a bit, get wonky, etc. get the carbs under control and you get the weight loss under control!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger, So you horseback ride. That's great and I love it so much. It works every muscle in your body at the same time.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You own horses Meme?

we used to raise saddle horses in the day. Now I got one riding horse in my pasture. You are soooooo right. I am a horse nutjob. We ride and ride and just have a blast on trail.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I have a Quarter Horse mare now. I've had horses practically all of my life and raised my children to ride.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH YEA horse person! love it!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Meme---glad you've joined us to chat! And I know Trigger is thrilled to have another Horse lover on the thread. Sounds like you're back on the right path and if you love veggies w/butter you're on the right woe! Do you ever make steamed artichokes and dip leaves and hearts in butter, lemon and mayo? So YUM.

Lori---congrats on your awards!

Trigger---Another pound down!! YAY! So what is that now, about 4 or 5 pounds down? Glad you peaked and got good news. You are indeed in the zone, so keep pulling out all stops to stay there right now. DON'T worry about maintenance or what you can or can't eat in the future. We don't know about that yet. First things first. Get to goal, get stylin' in some great new duds, and then we'll see what the future brings. It's easier to balance the sacrifices when you're enjoying the rewards.

And yeah, you might be uber carb sensitive, and you might find once at goal for awhile your body finds a new set point and allows a bit more leeway. We just don't know because we're not there. Right?

Had a lazy day, low biorhythms I think. Cold/virus still holding on a bit and I just couldn't make myself do one more thing than I had to. Now I'm off to take my mom out for dinner. Already been to the restaurant's site and chosen my foods. Only a steamed artichoke so far, so I think it will be a good LC day.

I'm determine to keep it VERY clean and LC this week, even though it's a week full of "out to dinners." Tomorrow w/a pal, and Thursday for my hubby's birthday, and then it's off to Madison, which will surely be challenging food wise, and where I will allow a FEW treats.

Bounced up to 178.1 this am. Not bad at all. But I want to see 177 again before I leave for vacay.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

I Love artichokes and have a restaurant that serves it too. I make it at home but it's nice to out and have something good to eat.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
I grew up with horses out in California. I have such great memories. We had two quarter horses and then an Arabian. My neighbor got sick and could not care for her horse, so she gave my family the Arabian. The horse had a fancy name and walked that fancy way.

What I remember is putting a bridle on the horse, holding on to the mane and swinging myself on and taking off. We would typically have a bareback pad, but no saddle. We would just run the horses up the fire trails in the foothills. My hair would blow in the breeze and it was such an exhilarating feeling.

Ahhh....to be young again!

OK...back to eating! I had a great day! I am getting in the groove for sure. Will report my weight loss soon. You know how you go on a "food drunk" and gain some weight back and then when you lose THAT weight, you are happy....but you can't wait to get some new weight off. So that is where I am at now

Lori: Too bad about that 5K, but good job on the other awards. I have never played golf.

Blue: Man, I hope you can get rid of that cold that is hanging on. What do you mean by "Clean and LC?" A "tucked-in" top. Can't wait for that day!

Trigger: I want to wake up "feeling thinner." Right now I feel like crap because I did so poorly for a week. But I am back on track and feel VERY DETERMINED.

Meme: I never realized horseback riding was such good exercise!

KMom
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #523
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
I made it through my first day and I feel worse than a stuffed turkey.And I didn't even get in all my required snacks or food.

For my body type MIXED Metabolism they say I need 50% carb,40%Protein 10% Fat.
So that's waaay different than Atkins. If they are right it isn't any wonder I didn't loose on Atkins. I am just at a crossroads in what to do. I guess I will do the 14 days and see what happens.(especially isnce it cost me 49.00)It is going to take some getting use to. Learning to pick and choose because most of the meals they have planned are not my tastes. Who wants chicken for breakfast & spinach?? NOT ME!

Just wanted to pop in and sy hello and let youknow I made it through my first day not perfect but it's over.

The Eziekiel 4"9 bread is really Awesome and that is the only kind they allow.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:48 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I had a good low carb Monday and am hoping Tuesday goes well too. I'm going to have to go out for lunch since I was away all weekend and didn't get any food prepared for the week. I'll find something.

Boot camp yesterday morning was SO hard. I'm really feeling it this morning. The husband and I are going out for a couple mile run/walk in about 45 minutes. He's still in bed right now and I'm having my coffee and taking care of my cat. She has to have her breakfast before anything else!

KMom, I know what you mean about the "fluff" weight you gain and then lose fairly quickly. It's the "hard lard" that you've carried for awhile that is hard to get moving! What choice do we have but to keep on trying? We'll get there!

Blue...hope you soon start to feel better. It wears on you when something like that hangs on for so long.

Trig...glad you have another horse person here to talk to! I have ridden a few times while on vacation etc, but have no "horse sense".

Well, I've gotten all my reports finished at work for month end, so I'll be having some boring days ahead. I like a day like yesterday where I go from one thing to another and the day flies by. The mornings are usually ok, but my afternoons can sure drag. I'm in my 30th year with this company, so things are kind of "old hat". I am SO ready to retire. Only 2.5 years(fingers crossed) I'm hoping to retire at 57.

Enough of my rambling. Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:13 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori I didn't know you did running with hubby? Is it some kind of planned event?
that is something I never took up. jogging etc. Hate to run LOL

KM--food drunk. so true. been there the bloat from carbs is horrible. I don't miss that feeling one bit. Nothing worse than taking off the same lbs. you took off before, ya just want to see that new low number. But you hang on the thread....we got new mojo here and are taking off the lbs. and working it hard!!

Berta-----so glad you popped in. 50% carbs. EEK. should be interesting to see what happens. 'they' (whoever they are) say some people need more carbs to lose---you might fall into that?? Any new plan ya just gotta work it and see what happens and see if it is the right fit for you. Keep us informed and good luck on it.

Blue----when is vacation again for you? You will sure hit that number you want!!
I shopped yesterday and saw my 14 capris in the store I bought before. Junior section. AH HA AH HA. that is why they are tighter still. I didn't get them in women's dept. I got them out of the juniors dept. juniors sizes run kinda smaller. AH HA those are more like a 12 in a way. I hit the ladies dept and got a 14 and they fit....but of course that is deceiving in a way cause that 14 'is bigger'. More in the butt and hips I guess or something cause they are way better than the others. ----just rambling on and on HAHA

-----sun came out yesterday and cleaned the pool, swam a bit. nice day in the end.

gonna keep working LC hard today. Have a ton of food options so I am ok. can't let the lc stuff go low on me. gotta keep the house filled in case.

HOLD the fort everyone. Keep the lc flowing
Old 06-10-2014, 06:15 AM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
hope all is well with you GB!
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Kmom---enjoyed your description of your riding memories. And yeah, those "bad days and or/weeks" don't seem worth it for how we feel after. Like Trig says, hang in there w/us, we've got some mojo going right now, hop on board and let's see where we go together.

BTW, for me, "clean" means no unclaimed (on the tracker) bites of a carby this or that, no cheats or treats.

Lori---And now you're running too! You are the energizer bunny when it comes to exercise girl, even if you don't feel like it this am, after the tough Boot camp from yesterday. LOVE the term "hard lard," LOL!

Trigger---We leave this Friday. But I'll be bringing my lap top as I always do on vacation so I can still check in. That really helps me not slip on the vacation banana peel into a carb extravaganza. I can't wait to get there, lots of fun things planned. Good news is we'll be doing a fair amount of walking at all our fave places, so that helps. Been laying around a lot lately with the virus and all. Really need some physical activity.

Yeah, the Jr. size 14s are a whole different story than the women's department. But then hey, we're women, not Jrs, right? We're supposed to have a few more curves. Congrats on the size 14 women's. It DOES count, as we both know we weren't wearing those 14s a while back!

177.2 this AM!!!! Might I even see 176. something before I leave?! Very motivating for me to keep up the clean eating till I leave, and I need it as I'm out for dinner again tonight. Did very well last night w/my mom, came in under 25 NCs and way under in my calories. Been drinking a ton of water again, and I swear it makes a difference.

In a way it's kind of bad timing to have this little whoosh before a vacation, as even though I intend to be basically good, and check in, I know there will be some treats and I'll probably bounce back up 3 or 4 pounds. But then I'll just jump back on the clean machine when I get back and hopefully get back to this low sooner than later.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #528
Berta48

Morning EVERYONE

Well I am only suppose to weigh once a week so I gave the scales to Hubby and told him to give them back on Monday. I am use to weighing daily.I missed them this morning too.

Last night I looked at the plan some more and finally figured out it has much more leway than I thought. I didn't know how to wrok the journal so I printed out all the food lists. But last night I saw in my journal where I keep track of the daily foods there is a drip dow that has all the foods I can have listedso now I can fix to my liking. Forone snack they had a full meal as far as I am use toeating.So I am changing it to a greek yogurt and berries instead. It's like so many protein and carbs. the fruit is carb and yogurt protein.(I think)

Well anyway I am on my 2nd day and feeling better about the plan.SO we will see Monday when I get my scales back The two weeks are based on 1600calories.

Blue hope you are feeling better.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Berta, just caught your earlier post, missed it first time. Glad you're feeling better about your new plan. As always these things take time to sort out and adjust to. I'm used to weighing daily too. But I also know the losses are slow now, so usually it doesn't discourage me a whole lot, and sometimes, like this morning, makes me want to yell "yippee!"

For you the no scale thing could be good, particularly as you make this big of a change in woe. Lots to learn and concentrate on w/out having the scale to argue about it with every morning!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #530
Berta48

Quote:
Hey Berta, just caught your earlier post, missed it first time. Glad you're feeling better about your new plan. As always these things take time to sort out and adjust to. I'm used to weighing daily too. But I also know the losses are slow now, so usually it doesn't discourage me a whole lot, and sometimes, like this morning, makes me want to yell "yippee!"

For you the no scale thing could be good, particularly as you make this big of a change in woe. Lots to learn and concentrate on w/out having the scale to argue about it with every morning!
Blue
You are doing great KUTGW. Yes it is going take me sometime.I have to remember to choose veggies instead of bread most days. Don't remember if I said but Eziekiel 4:9 is the only approved bread. It does taste really good.I am fnishing off the rye LC bread though.Don't know about the dinner rolls and Bagels though guess I'll just have to pitch them.What a waste..To bad they can't be shipped I'd just give them to you!I could just freeze them I suppose bot certain how long they would stay good in the freezer either.

I am trying to switch over to mostly Organic but it is expensive but I do know it is better for you.The eggs have a whole different taste really good
And I am back to having normal eliminations almost every morning I don't feel nearly as bloated as I did either.

I will be back. I plan on keeping you gals informed. Thanks for letting me stay while being on a different plan, yet the same journey
Old 06-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Exactly, Berta --- "different plan, same journey." Check in whenever you feel like it, don't know what I'd do without my check ins. Probably disappear into a baguette.

Lord gals, I am going to go broke saving money at TJ Maxx Since they opened a store 2 minutes from my house it's just too easy to drop in all the time. I get the BEST things there for so little.

Just got back with an outfit for hubby's birthday party night out this Thursday. Meant to just get some new flip flops, but found some fab pants and a top to go with them. Pants were 16.99, top was 12.99. Both so fun. Didn't used to be able to find much there I liked because of my weight. Now, no prob.

Yep, having a lot of fun replacing my fat clothes! Fave NSV!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member

What fun Blue! Our TJMaxx is 1/2 hr away thank goodness, or I'd be there every other day! I don't usually look at the clothes there, but I usually find something in housewares! Enjoy!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

THAT is fun Blue. I wish I stayed up with ya when you got ahead of me

My stores are a further drive and in a way I am thankful for it.

but when that Fall sale goes on at Macy's ---my butt is going to be right there when they open, with my smaller size....just chomping at the bit....CHARGgggge IT!!!!!

heck right now I am thrilled I can get into things from the Junior Dept. yes, snug for sure and a bit uncomfortable, but another 10 lbs and everything should be loose and feeling good. beats the XL dept
Old 06-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #534
Berta48

Try 2 & 3x Dept that's worseOne day my friends one day!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Lori---yeah, the TJ Maxx housewares department is great too, but lately more interested in the clothing. But when I need a gift for someone I hit the housing department for sure. I've gotten lovely gifts there that looked like they cost a lot more than they did. Do you have a Home Goods store near you? Owned by TJ, and a GREAT place for gifts and goodies for us.

Trigger---Ok, now there's a plan! Macy's Fall Sale. That's a fantastic baby goal and a reward to look forward to.

I know, this TJ Maxx so close is a good/bad thing. Mostly good though. Have to show up for my many work appointments looking decent, because part of my work is styling. No one wants to hire someone to design a room who looks like they have no idea how to dress. Listen to me with the rationalizations... But seriously, ragamuffins need not apply. Got to look put together.

Before I lost the weight I did the best I could, it's just SO MUCH MORE FUN now.

Berta---you hang in there and before you know it you'll be dropping those Xs
one by one. I look back to over a year ago and thought I'd never get here. But I did, and you CAN too!
Old 06-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yes Berta, it stinks when we gotta buy larger sizes, I know for sure on that one , but you got the power to change it all! So do I!! We can do this!!!!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Blue...our TJ's & Home Goods is a combined store. I can usually find some good spices and infused oils when I stop in there. They carry a smoked paprika that is fabulous! Trouble is, they don't always have it. Of course, a little goes a long way. I use a good spoonful when I make my bean free chili in the winter. Yum!

Hubby was late getting home tonight and I've just gotten dinner & dishes over with. I made pan fried steak....it was good! I made mine quite rare and it was juicy and delicious. I have some left and hope I can reheat it without it turning into shoe leather!

While I was waiting for DH to get home, I had some swiss cheese dipped in guacamole, OMG....so good. I have some Wholly Guacamole and it is perfect. My sister gave it to me this weekend. She bought a 3 pack at Costco and didn't want to have it at her house because she would eat it all! She gave me 2 packs and I put one in the freezer for the next time she visits. Now all I have to do is remember to thaw it!

Back to boot camp for me in the morning. Thursday DH and I will go running again. Oh...someone asked if we were training for anything in particular. No...I wanted to do more running and he needs to get more exercise. It's a win win situation. We do more running at boot camp in the summer, so the more I do on my own, the easier it'll be for me at boot camp.

My..I sure have rambled on. Have a good evening.

PS:
Berta....I wish you good luck with your new plan. I look forward to having you check in and let us know how you're doing!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Quote:
Exactly, Berta --- "different plan, same journey." Check in whenever you feel like it, don't know what I'd do without my check ins. Probably disappear into a baguette.

Lord gals, I am going to go broke saving money at TJ Maxx Since they opened a store 2 minutes from my house it's just too easy to drop in all the time. I get the BEST things there for so little.

Just got back with an outfit for hubby's birthday party night out this Thursday. Meant to just get some new flip flops, but found some fab pants and a top to go with them. Pants were 16.99, top was 12.99. Both so fun. Didn't used to be able to find much there I liked because of my weight. Now, no prob.

Yep, having a lot of fun replacing my fat clothes! Fave NSV!
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
That is a necessity, buying new clothes that actually fit....
Old 06-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning all.

nice day so far. could have ridden but we cancelled cause weather said 80% chance rain with big lightning off in the distance last night. Got screwed. Ride could have happened. OMG hate that

eating is stellar.

7 lbs. gone in 11 days. 2 days no loss??? huh.

Hubby and I stained the back deck yesterday in 95 heat....drank TONS of water, got kinda heat wonky....didn't eat much at all....so maybe that is the slow down? My old riding hip injury raised it head. walking funny and hurts, then it goes for a while, but jumped on about 6 pain killers yesterday to help. Maybe that is slowing me down? SEE---getting weird again wondering why...when eating is perfect, that scale didn't give it up LOL--but it is all good!

don't know but I feel a big whoosh has got to come my way.

I hope everyone is doing well and HOLD the lc course. it works, we know this and we know our control on carbs is super important--or we wouldn't be here !!

Last edited by Trigger828; 06-11-2014 at 07:22 AM..