Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #481
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Trigger & Blue
I am making LC foods and eating LC so why is it I am having such a difficult time losing?

I have had a total of 8 carbs today. So morning will tell?

Have you tried the french toast from the rev rolls made with mayo? Roll them in eggs and fry in butter just like french toast no joking! My DH likes them too!!

I was not crazy about the bagels. I ordered the cinnamon and didn't taste any cinnamon and they were really chewy.I was not crazy about the dinner rolls either, I just tasted one so maybe I should warm them up?
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2014, 04:23 AM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Blue, sorry you are feeling cruddy. I sure hate that feeling. You nap the whole day away if needed . as I get older, I realize down time is super important. I would usually work thru being sick, doing everything and never resting, NOW, heck no! I also think stress effects the scale. the body is complex. we forget the little things that cuold truly slow us up in losing, that we have little knowledge about the science behind how it all works.

Slow down today and hope you start feeling better!!

Berta, I am not a fan of the rolls. chewy. but the bagels TOASTED are good to me. but I have them in the freezer and going to not eat them for a bit. along with the rye.
Toasted seems to help the chewy in the bagel which isn't that bad to me. sure didn't get cinnamon. I got the everything and they do remind me of a real bagel.

but with atkins 72 it is all about total carb--not net. and they are high in carbs actually if ya don't subtract fiber....so mine are hanging out in the freezer for my changeover and when ready, I will incorporate a bit of the lc bread back in.

Why aren't you losing? hmmm....if you are doing 8 carbs a day, not cheating, you should be losing. If I was you....I would count TOTAL carbs. Just to see what how many total you are eating. Cheat days will slow one down for days. It takes at least 2-3-4 days to correct a high carb bad day. the body doesn't give it up so easy after cheating for me anyway

post a menu again of what you are eating in a day. we might see somthing maybe that we can help tweak ya a bit. You sure don't have to starve, eat hardly nothing etc. to lose weight. reading the atkins 72 book he says everyone can lose. if you aren't there is a reason. something going on. maybe we can break it down and find it for ya.

------------no scale for me. feel leaner. like that. gonna avoid scale for a while and see what happens.

easy day today. nothing dramatic. few errands, clean pool and spruce up house, laundry...you know..the usual stuff.

should be hot and sunny but some storm is supposed to be coming in so hope the clouds don't come around yet and ruin a good day.

not hungry, no breakfast
will be bacon and eggs for lunch
dinner will be shrimp (which I haven't eaten much lately) and salad.
sf jello for snack if needed

should bring me in super low in carbs today.

work the plan all of us! we got this if we commit and hold strong!
Old 06-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi all!

Berta --- You're still pretty early in this woe. IMO, there is a lot of mythology about LC. Yes, some do lose big in the beginning---much of that do to water retention loss, and it seems men do better in terms of faster on this woe.

But many don't lose fast. I did not. But then I didn't do induction this time around. BUT, I have been at 25 to 35 net carbs for about 15 months, w/a loss of 47 pounds to show for it. Not fast, but successful.

I do wonder if having been on 500 calories a day for 8 weeks might have confused your metabolism. Not saying that woe was wrong, because it sure worked for you! BUT, changing to a LC woe is a very big transition from 500 calories a day. But then also, a lot more likely to be able to maintain.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. IMO, one should be on LC for at least 3 months before one makes any decisions about it, for all kinds of reasons.

Trigger---Wow girl, you are blowing me away w/your commitment these days. I'm in awe. And I just know this is going to move you DOWN the path.
And when you get to goal, or at least closer, you can add back in a bit.

Doing total carbs instead of net carbs would be very difficult for me, because unlike you, I can't live on meat and eggs and be satisfied. I need my salads, veggies, dairy and berries. I am cutting down my GLCBC products and my TJ's sprouted wheat LC bread a bit. From 4 or 5 times a week to 3 or 4 times a week.

But, this is working for you, because as you said on the other thread, you're a protein hound. And you are satisfied w/it. And, most important, boy can I see the difference in you after just a week or so! You're not that hungry, food is less important to you, and you're finding your sweet spot for moving past what's held you up. Bravo.

Feeling better today, but not great. But I will say that I've been drinking chicken broth and water a lot, and I really think it helps. The achy is gone today, cough still there, energy still lower. But I really do believe that Chicken broth is a great treatment for any cold. Used to be that folks thought it was a myth, but these days they say it's not.

Funny, but when we were little and got a bad cold, mom always put us in a hot bath first, (not uncomfortable but warm enough to sweat out some toxins) then fed us Chicken noodle soup and toast w/honey. And you know, it always seemed to work---although of course, the toast w/honey is not part of the plan these days!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:14 AM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/193/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Good Morning!

Whew! Weight stayed the same this week. I'm relieved to tell you the truth. DH requested I make a shortcake last night to go with the first strawberries of the season and of course, I had to have a small piece. It is an old family recipe and so, so yummy. Anyway.....it's going to be hard to resist for the next few weeks while the strawberries are in season.

It's a busy week at work as one of the office girls is on a cruise to Bermuda and I'm helping out in the front office and answering the phone when the other 2 are busy. I usually get to stay in my office most of the day, but I'm running back and forth this week.

Trig...you are doing so well lately! I admire your determination! I need to get more determined myself. It seems I drop 5 lbs and then stay the same for a long time before dropping again. I enjoy reading your posts!

Blue...hope you're feeling better. A lot of people around here are miserable with allergies. We had rain overnight, so I'm hoping some of the pollen or whatever is tamped down. I don't usually have allergies, but on the golf course the past few times, something was making me cough.

Berta, hope you enjoy your bagels etc. Maybe toasted they will taste better to you. The only ones I tried were the onion pockets. They are a bit chewy, but I like them.

Well...almost time for me to head to boot camp. I'm very sore from Tuesday's workout so there could be a lot of moaning and groaning this morning!

Have a lovely Thursday!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:51 AM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue, hope you are feeling better

you know I HAD TO FIND that commitment again. I tried and tried and failed and then BAMMO, if I keep looking something comes my way. Reading the loss history of the A72 people really gave me a boost. They lost fast and I thought if I can be controlled, strict, and MOVE the stupid scale DOWN fast, maybe it will put a fire under my butt.
and it did!!

I couldn't backslide. not an option. I couldn't seem to go forward. Just hung around up and down, up and down, up and down, just so frustrated...then ya get super lazy and see the writing on the wall. going back to fat. THAT I could not do.

A gals gotta do what a gals gotta do somehow

Lori-----a few strawberries, pssst, no problem. pairing them with shortcake...yea a problem HAHA
I know it is hard. I have seasonal traditions and foods. It makes it funky when ya think...I used to eat X in summer, now I can't. We grill out alot. always had a beer in my hand. Bleck...that is over it seems so stinking unfair, but in the end and words to live by---nothing in life is fair! we adapt tho. hold the LC course!!

-------------I ate ALOT of food yesterday. staying at 4 total carbs. no movement on the scale which is fine. (I had to peak again). scale has me by the throat literally.

So I know my trick. I got on the scale last night before bed. Up 4 lbs. from previous weight. And this morning I was the same. I know the body drops 4 to 5 lbs. each evening.

Before dinner each night gonna hit the scale. THAT will determine how much I eat.

If I stay 2 lbs. from previous weight...then I lose big time on the scale every single time.

So my ALOT of food will be breakfast/lunch and dinner will be smallest meal of the day.

Doing this strictly by the scale....and I bet in the morning I have a loss. So definitely to my little experiment today. should be interesting.

man I like to experiment around. but I know the scale never fails me in that loss situation. gonna do it and see the results.

hot sunny nice. bugs out in full force. no ride today, Barb has to take cows to the sale.
gonna work a bit, clean up a bit--hit the pool. OH yea this old gal is taking life easier and easier.

everyone repeat I AM LC. I AM LC..... HAHA
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

Hi my little gang!

Lori---Good news on holding steady! AND still three pounds down from a short time ago. Exercise sure is your friend! I LOVE fresh strawberries. And the berries are best on LC of all the fruits. Do you ever eat them w/cream and a splash of splenda?----mmmmmmm. Sometimes I mash 'em up and put 'em in the blender w/cream and Hanson's Diet mandarin lime soda and crushed ice---that is SO refreshing and delicious. Maybe you can alternate the LC strawberry options w/the shortcake?

Trigger---SO interesting about your "scale trick." You really know your body and how it reacts. I think that's because you've experimented so much and that's so good. Fingers crossed it works tomorrow AM. But sooner than later on your current plan those pounds are going BYE BYE.

You are doing SO well. I can't wait till you tell us those 14s are fitting great. And then it will be 12s…and then, who knows? For me, there was a huge difference between 199 and 189. In many ways, I think it's that 10 pounds that showed on my the most, or at least that's when folks really started to comment.

Love thinking of you floating around in your pool---I'm all about taking it easier. Just wish I was on a raft next to you!

Wow, I feel SO much better today. Almost up to snuff. Still have a bit of a cough, but not bad. Lots of rest, chicken broth and water. I'm amazed to feel this much better, really. This was the kind of thing I used to have for days and days---but then I used to run myself ragged right thru it all. I think being on a better and healthier woe for myself has really changed how I take care of myself all around.

And back to my low this AM! Well, almost. 178.5. 178.1 was my absolute lowest. Been back to this low three or four times now, and I know my pattern. That means it's getting close to being where I bounce up to 178 instead of down to it. Would REALLY like to see 177 before I leave for Madison, end of next week.

Trigger, while not counting total carbs, am paying more attention to them. For instance, the total carbs on my TJ sprouted wheat bread is 7 a slice, or 14 for a sandwich. Not too bad at all for my 25 carbs a day goal. While I do like the GLCBC products, think I'm going to stick to my TJ bread for awhile. Sure is cheaper!

Had a rueben for lunch today, on the TJ bread. So seriously good. Brats w/a bit of spaghetti sauce on them for dinner. Tracker says I'm going to come in very well.

I am LC, rinse and repeat. LOL.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:32 AM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Iiiiiii am LC. Iiiiii am LC

Blue, glad you are feeling better now!

I got goal on my mind finally again. something I was missing. Now I am trying to hit that stupid goal number. At least I feel I have something to strive for again

You are getting low on that scale my friend. carb tracking and being a bit more diligent will surely help you. ask me how I know HAHA.

---------DOWN 1 LB.

my experiment worked exactly how I thought it would.

before dinner (which was a bit later, like 8) I got on the scale. It showed I was up 2 lbs after eating all day. I thought, hmmm...I am a bit hungry. What can I eat even tho not very hungry that is not dense. dense food makes the scale jump. So I went light and little. So I had big old mug of beef broth, 3 slim jim (I know, but I love love love these things things), 17 slices pepperoni and 2 small slices of hard cheddar and 3/4 bowl of sugar free strawberry jello. All spaced over about 2 hrs. while watching tv. (Lori got me thinking strawberry yesterday).

bed was early for me. 11. had a big old sinus headache most of the afternoon. banger. but before bed I hit the scale. Up 3 lbs. from previous weight.

This morning....down 1 lb. !! lost my usual 4 lbs. like I always do over night.

I am going to repeat this again today. I will see if this is a REAL pattern. one I can ride to goal very quickly?????? have no clue if it will let me do this loss all the time. Just doing it will give me the answer

This was yesterday's food:

2 hot dogs with melted cheese
6 giant chicken wings I made. 3 plain, 3 with buffalo sauce
water water water thru the day

1 1/2 cups beef broth
3 slim jims
17 slices pepperoni, 2 slices hard cheddar
3/4 bowl sugar free strawberry jello....could not finish. Just stuffed

So having fun again with LC. experimenting and actually seeing some results which is sweet !!

have a great friday everyone. hold the LC course. Put the Iiiii am LC song in your day
Old 06-06-2014, 06:30 AM   #488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I realized something about me. I know I am a huge portion person. The tummy needs fullness.

but I like to eat----right afer I eat---and then eat again. YUP. horrible pattern for a person truly. But I like 'sustained longer time' eating. (came up with a possible new horrible pattern for myself )

I guess my mind doesn't feel the food I eat. I want to eat right after and eat again....and again....til I REALLY feel the full, as in gut blown out.

Trying to get away from this obviously. BUT I realized with my 'lighter fare food' I got my habit fix. Just in a good way. Alot of food, nibble type, kept me chewing, busy, and in that hr or so....I felt like I was DONE, finally done eating.

hmmmm....how to apply this info will be interesting. cause that constant eating isn't a good habit to have, but if I can't lick it, maybe I can SOMEHOW bring it to my advantage???

just spewing out and chatting out loud
Old 06-06-2014, 06:45 AM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/193/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Congrats on the loss Trig!! Also...I think you're on to something with the lighter fare. Little nibbles over an extended period may be just the ticket for you!

I'm so glad it's Friday. This has been a stressful week at work. I'm finally going to take a lunch hour today and make a grocery store run. I can make it to shop and get everything home and back to work in my hour. At least if I don't get behind a "problem" at the check out line. Like someone with 10,000 coupons!

Have to bake another shortcake tonight to take along to my sister's this weekend. Hubby and I are playing in a golf tournament tomorrow morning and then it's the 2 hr drive to my sister's house. We'll get up Sunday morning early and start to work clearing out her attic. She says we should be able to do it in 3 hrs or so. Then we'll have lunch and head for home Sunday afternoon. We'll be on the move all weekend! Before I know it, it'll be Monday morning and time to come back to work!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #490
Berta48

Morning
Well i have decided starting MOnday Ia m switching to a plan called Beyond Diets. You take a metabolism test and then they give you a body type. I came up mixed. Then they have 14days meal plans all made out for you .You can switch a meal for another meal but it has to be the same such as breakfast for breakfast. Then if their choices doesn't suite you you can switch as long as it is in the same food catagory & serving.
I sure hope this one works.
My total carbs on on most days are 8grams. And not net carbs either. So I think I am going to really like it.We will see.

So I may not be posting any longer but I will check back fro time to time to let you know how I am doing.
I wish you all the very best on your journey.And I thank you for all your encourgement to me. I was up another .6 today and I did not eat yesterday all day except one slice of lc bread. I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat, I just wanted to see what would happen. Well I found out I gained anyway.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BERTA---be careful on those recipes. I searched ONE. just one.

cottage cheese pancakes.

it says 1 carb---ABSOLUTELY NOT!

AND it makes 2 servings. Picture shows 3 BIG pancakes with syrup and bit of fruit, listed as 1 carb. LOL

here are ingredients:
1/2 cup organic cottage cheese
2 organic eggs
1/2 tsp bakingpowder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp stevia
1 tbls coconut oil
1/2 cup organic oatmeal

THAT ORGANIC OATMEAL----1/2 cup is 32 carbs. 32. with 2 servings HOW IN THE HECK is she getting 1 carb per pancake. There is no way this would work out with that carb count listed!!

Then she tells ya to top with organic maple syrup and fruit. NO WAY JOSE. if that is 1 carb then she has to be some type of magician.
I checked a few other recipes. the carb counts were WAY OFF.

Berta----just be careful is all I am saying. DO NOT allow anyone to do your carb counts for you. check all ingredients in it first for REAL carb counts.

I honestly don't want to discourage you, but this meal plan is going to put ALOT more carbs back into ya....which maybe you are the type that needs more carbs. Some people honestly do lose on a few more carbs in their plan....but you will find the right solution.

I know. It is hard. When we try and try and try and it doesn't work we run into another fab thing. Hopefully this will work for you tho.

I am sorry you are having such a tough time. I wish ya the best in whatever meal plan you follow and hoping that every thing in the plan works for you. But do not give it up to someone else to truly track your food. recipes are great...alot of times they aren't even close to real calories, carb counts and more. That isn't just this plan....believe me the ''''low carb''' meals out there are to be checked all the time when you are eating them.

If I misunderstood this recipe then let me know but from what I can see...low carb isn't even close.

take care of yourself and definitely let us know how you are doing!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Berta---UT OH---I think I got this wrong.

I apologize if I did.

Is this the kind of plan that you get points to eat thru the day......like the pancakes would be taken as 1 carb from your allotment?

if so then it makes sense LOL

again, tho....be careful. check your own carb counts etc. to be sure what OTHERS are saying is right cause it is the only way we truly know.

best of luck to ya. I think I understand the plan now....not just carb count but as an allotment from your carb amt allowed for the day.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #493
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Berta---UT OH---I think I got this wrong.

I apologize if I did.

Is this the kind of plan that you get points to eat thru the day......like the pancakes would be taken as 1 carb from your allotment?

if so then it makes sense LOL

again, tho....be careful. check your own carb counts etc. to be sure what OTHERS are saying is right cause it is the only way we truly know.

best of luck to ya. I think I understand the plan now....not just carb count but as an allotment from your carb amt allowed for the day.
Yes Trigger that is correct.Everything is done for me according to my body type. I am not certain how well I will do after being so Low carbs but I am not getting anywhere this way, in two months(19th) 4lbs.I have to get a better turn over than that.YES I'm inpatient.
I LOVE the idea of a cheat day once a week to.Now I can eat anything I wnat in modersation on Sundays when we eat out!

They count vegetabels as carbs. The food lists consists of proteins, Fats, Carbs to choose from.They want you to buy all grass fed hormone free Organic meat. Which I will as much as I can afford. Mostly my meat,eggs and some veggies. I still get coconut oil it is a free food any type of coconut unsweetend even shredded.I will be using Coconut Unsweetend milk in my coffee now.We can have butter also. They saw raw butter that is impossible to find . So I'm sticking with my regular butter.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well since it makes sense to me now , it might be a good plan for you.

gives you a bit of everything, shows you what control you must have and if ya can lose on it then there ya go!

I sure hope this works. 2 months and 4 lbs makes ya really wonder. It sure wasn't for lack of trying on your part!!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #495
Berta48

Thanks Trigger
I sure do want it to work.Sometimes I do what I call "STINKIN THINKIN" and I think what is the use I am old and I have tried my entire life to lose weight and nothing has worked so why even bothe it is apin in the tush.When I was younger I did loose 70 lbs with WW but then my daughter came and the years just got away from me along with my eating the right foods.
But I know if I didn't try,I would be back up to 275 .8 and above!!!

So we will see. Thank you for your encouragement.And I wish you the very best of the best on your journey!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wish ya tons of luck my friend. Something will kick and work for you. One thing I learned is never quit and all of the sudden, after alot of struggle, SOMETHING goes right and you find that niche that fits you to a T! BEST OF LUCK and you be sure to come back and let us know how you are doing!!
Old 06-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Berta---Sorry to hear you're leaving us, but keep in mind we'll be here, and you might have a day or two you need/want to chat w/old thread pals. For sure stop in and let us know how it's going for you.

I don't blame you for being discouraged. And like Trigger said, it sure wasn't for lack of trying. This new plan sounds like an interesting option. We never know till we try! Good luck and don't be a stranger.

Lori---Have fun at your sisters!

Trigger---My issue has always been portion control too. Never much of a snacker, but boy when I sat down to eat, I could really put it away. When he first met me my husband could not believe what I ate---of course I was a lot younger and being so tall, could get away w/it.

Some of that was about all the carbs, but some of it too is I just like eating. And if it tastes good, I'd ignore how full I was getting because I wanted to taste more. Much better w/LC, but still sometimes want more, like an old reflex.

So I tell myself if I still want more in an hour, I can have it. I almost never do. It's like I just have to get past that moment when I want to make another rueben because they're so darn good and I could easily still eat two. An hour later, I'm over it.

Anyway, speaking of eating a lot, had a very large chicken salad for lunch, was so hungry like you get sometimes when you have a cold. Tonight we're off to the neighbors for chicken wings, so it's a chicken kind of day, LOL. We're bringing dinner from BWWings, and I'm picking up a veggie appetizer too, so it will be pretty LC. But I think carbs and cals will be a bit higher tonight, but it's been a very clean week, so a bit more will be fine.

Lovely evening here. Just June gorgeous. Sunny, 75, perfect. Have a great night ladies!
Old 06-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Girl you sound like me. For you it was a Rueben. You could easily eat 2 big old honking sandwiches and not blink and eye and then chips or some other carby side with it

I was that way wtih BLTs and with Turkey Clubs at restaurants.

The way I ate...honestly I do not know how I didn't hit into the 300s. For some reason my body always hit a high of 234. Never above. I would hit that number and BE SO UNCONFORTABLE I would diet. I hit 234 after the baby. Lost 70 the hard way. low cal/low fat and starved. Back up to 224. I felt HORRIBLE. my body said NO. YOU are done!! So of course here comes a diet again

at least I walked into LC this time. what a relief.

I think when one understands the carbs.....in all its glory and what it does to you....and as long as we have been on plan....we get it!! we actually get it and understand it all.

been a bit coming, but it sure feels good to understand!!!!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

time to stop hubby from bringing in the ice cream again

I trained him and kiddo to stop and get 1 from the convenience store when they want it. but he was wanting a rootbeer float he makes and got some ice cream for it.

yea it is sitting in the freezer CALLING my name. wow ice cream is a trigger for me big time.

ate 3 big spoonfuls and put it back. then I thought, junk carbs here I come but luckily defaulted to my chicken wings I had prepared in the fridge. ate 3 and it calmed me down.

I question my sanity most days LOL....but last night I could rip into anything in front of me.

well luckily no real damage done. live and learn more.

everyone be true to the lc way today. I will keep it low and hopefully be fine.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #500
Berta48

Morning to my dear new friends
Trigger
Try making the LC ice cream recipe it is really really good.Just in case here it is again.
2c FROZEN berries
1c Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
1TBS SF Vanilla extract
Sweetner to taste
Put it all in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.EAT & ENJOY. You could divide it into equal portions if you want, but we always just split it into two servings
= 2fruit 1 protein.
I put that, as usually on most plans 1/2c is = to a serving.

Getting excited for Monday so I can begin my new WOE. I was down .2 today and I ate alot yesterday but LC . I can always hop back on the LC wagon if it doesn't work.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Berta. I forgot you were a fan of that. Think Blue tried it and liked it.

Got it written down now

-----EXCITED. excited is good. I like that feeling. It is what starts that good motivation for a new plan. When I jumped on A72 and it fits the way I eat I got that excitement also.

remember tho....keep lc in your mind Berta even on the new plan. LC is very important.

the body can't handle alot of carbs. It only needs so much fuel to burn....after that it will store those carbs as fat. pure and simple. So keep that carb count on the lower side for sure.

so easy to type, so hard to do sometimes LOL

can't wait to see how ya do on it. would love to hear progress reports definitely.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #502
Berta48

You got it! I want to keep in touch! I will be eating according to the menues they have configured for my body type,Unless I want to switch to a different food in the same group.(Hope that makes sense). I think the first two weeks are 1600 cal a day,but not certain.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Hi!
I would like to join this thread. I am doing LC - My Way, but have a lot to learn. I have been eating LC for about three years. Lost 50 lbs a couple of years ago, but gained back quite a bit of it. The good thing is that I default to LC every morning. The bad thing, is that I tend to cheat.

For that year when I was losing, I hardly ever cheated. I felt so good.

So, I am really determined to be more serious about this and to learn a lot and apply what I learn.

KMom
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Kauai mom! Happy to have you join in. I can tell you this, you'll feel much better when you get back to a more consistent LC woe and get some of those pounds off again. Checking in here every day has helped me so much. To be accountable to my daily choices, and have some laughs too. Nothing like chatting w/people who understand where you've been, and where you're trying to get. Looking forward to seeing more of you.

Trigger---Good work on NOT pulling the Trigger on more ice cream or junk carbs. You've had a great week, no big deal. But where it can lead CAN be a big deal, and we sure both know that.

It's hard when it's around the house. I don't care about ice cream too much, so it sits in our freezer for my guys and I pay it no mind. But the chips and fantastic salsa the hubby buys, that can really call my name now and then. I have to make sure I have LC treats on hand to sub with. I'm thinking of ordering some Wallace pork rinds, which someone on the main thread said were fantastic. Don't love most pork rinds, but she says these are the best, not clumpy and very light and crispy. Need to keep finding those LC things that satisfy! And I particularly need the crunchy stuff.

Berta---Agree w/Trigger, keep an eye on the carbs no matter the program. The body physiology simply says carbs spike insulin, spiked insulin aides and abets body fat. The simple version, but true. About 1600 calories a day sounds good. I do an average of about 1500 a day. When I weighed more I could easily do 1800 a day and still lose. No more.

Well, that cold is still lingering. Felt so much better after the first day or two, thought I was just going to blow it off. But the congestion remains, poor little nose is chapped from blowing. Cough still there, but getting better. One thing that tells me I'm still recovering is that I can sleep A LOT.

Cool and rainy here today. Cozy. I like it. I read quite a bit, then took a long nap, even after a good night's sleep last night. But I'm one that thinks you sleep when you need it.

Did pretty much as I expected last night at the neighbors. Ate lots of wings, skipped hubby's great rhubarb cake dessert, but did have a couple of chips and pecked away at one small piece of baguette. Figured my carbs in at close to 40, and cals at about 1700. (Buffalo wild wings, even the dry rubs have 2 carbs per wing.)

I realized one of the problems is that when we have these backyard get togethers all the food sits out on the table for hours, during apps and dinner, while we all chat away. And you just kind of keep nibbling and eating.

Up only .5 from my low today, so that's good, considering a fuller night last night. Good LC day today. Off to a Bacon, tomato, hard boiled egg and blue cheese salad for dinner, w/my uber yummy homemade LC french dressing. This is a killer salad!

Hope everyone's cozy and Saturday happy!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Blue for the welcome.

I feel very determined. I have had a good couple of months recently, but have been in a "food drunk" the last week or so. Carbs make me crazy. Today I had a good day eating LC. I did not count my carbs, but feel pretty confident it was around 20ish. Tomorrow I am going to get strict about counting.

Tomorrow my son and family are coming to visit and he wants to go to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. I was hoping for Chipotle as I know what I can eat there. Not sure of any good LC choices at this Chinese Restaurant. Maybe something like a beef and broccoli.

Blue: Good job on making good decisions at your neighbors last night. Even though you were not perfect, I would consider that a victory if it was me.

KMom
Old 06-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Trigger- My hubbie has been really good at not buying ice cream. Thank goodness for that because I love it...I do think he is gaining weight though since he is eating his full carb lunches and my low carb buttered dinners. He really needs this diet as much as I do but it's his choice, except at night if he wants to eat what I have made for dinner. Sometimes he follows it up with a carb dessert of cereal and milk. Sometimes he tries to offer me foods with carbs only because he isn't sure what has carbs and what doesn't. Ice cream is a no brainer....
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:52 AM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Meme that ice cream is a killer
it is a draw for me that is just something I can't control. I pass by tons of things daily...never a thought. Ice cream around I know. I get that 6th sense it is around. HAHA no one can hide ice cream from me!!

that is bad the combo diet. doing high fat in a meal....then he is eating the carbs also. that combo is the heart attack and weight gain plan Tell him to be careful in a way. maybe control his dinners a bit with less fat if ya can or something. funny but you are doing what is good for you and it is tweaking him off into a worse diet in a way. EH, we can't win sometimes.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:02 AM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

kauaimom, welcome to the thread. chat away and join in!!!!

Blue----I hear ya on the crunchy. crunchy on LC is hard to replace. chips and dip are a combo you almost can't find a good way to replace exactly that taste. I know!

and the endless nibble. the food is picked at, constantly hand to mouth, small pieces and whammo...but like ya said, little by little you end up eating an entire meal if you aren't careful.

Hope that sick leaves ya soon. nothing worse then it draggin on and on.

----------
Good morning everyone.

icky day here. rain coming. dark. I WANT SUN! was going to swim away the day. NOT...bleck. gotta think of something else now.

Was gonna hit the scale this morning. NOPE. been peaking too much now. I want that scale to become less important in a way. My experiment works. if I am less than 4 lbs at night from my low weight, then I lose. But honestly as much as I want to keep doing it, it is getting on my nerves lol

So gonna take off the pressure. Eat as low carb as I can, close to 0 as best I can achieve and just let it happen. If the scale doesn't move the inches will.

food planned is bacon and eggs with bit of cheese, tuna/mayo, chicken on the grill wtih some spices for taste.

have 12 big chicken wings I am cooking today to keep in fridge as backup.

All is well thru so far thru this cloudy morning. EVERYONE hold the LC course. LC is a good thing and we can work it and get results!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Kaui Mom---"Food drunk," LOL, love that phrase, don't love the feeling. Chinese restaurants are imo, the worst to try to do LC in, but here's a few ideas that work. If it's a buffet, you'll often find salt and pepper shrimp, crab legs and salad makings as well as hard boiled eggs. And if you like Egg Foo Yung, this is a great choice. Just 3 carbs a patty!

Trigger---On the scale thing we're different. I understand you not wanting the scale to discourage you. And how, I get that. But when you're working your woe this well, it's hard not to peak. And you do take the risk that you'll see a bounce up and go bonkers, LOL.

But for me, I gained my weight back, all times, because I would not get on the scale and look at what was really happening. Knew it of course, could see it and feel it, but as long as I didn't know that number, it was easier to stay in denial.

Now I'm on that scale every single morning. Like brushing my teeth. Sometimes, yes it's been discouraging. But what would be MORE discouraging for me is to get on after a week or two of clean eating and see no loss, even if I've seen the same thing day by day. I've gone weeks w/out a loss, just easier for me to know that day to day, and keep on keepin' on.

Just so interesting how we all deal with the scale! No matter how unimportant we try to make, it's just a big bossy cow any way you slice it, LOL.

Ta Da! A new number this AM. 177.5. Bringing this guy out---

I had so wanted to see 177 before I left for Madison, and now I have. I know it will bounce up, but it's like I said a couple days ago, I can see that my bounce territory has shifted down and boy do I love that.

Trigger, I attribute this to your good influence in the last couple of weeks. Seriously, you inspired me, and I think cutting my carbs to 25 or under and sticking to it 98% of the time is what's been moving me down.

Good thing for me to see that new number this morning too, because we have a very fun party tonight, where there is always tons of food. A couple friend of ours always throws this party every year on the anniversary of their SECOND wedding to each other. Yep, high school sweethearts who married, divorced, and then 15 years later, remarried. Very sweet story.

So I'm eating very clean today, but eating enough not to arrive starved. There will be good choices for me there, and I just have to make them!
Old 06-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Had a great day LC'ing. Had two NSV's. Remember when I said my son was coming and we were going out for Chinese. Well, after church there was a special lunch for my daughter who had graduated (and three others) and we stayed there and ate (I thought it was just going to be cake). I looked around the table and was SO excited. There was a large grilled hamburger patty with no bun! I grabbed it. I felt I had to take one more thing. Why is that? Not sure, but I grabbed four small squares of watermelon. Thinking that wasn't too bad. Shoot, can't remember the second NSV. Old mind.

Blue: I love to crunch too. I have seen some recipes for some home-made chips and will maybe try them one day. The thought of a even halfway decent tasting chip with guacamole really excites me! And I LOVE Egg Fu Yung so if I go to a Chinese restaurant in the future, I will for sure order that. Congrats on your new number!

Trigger: "Hold the LC Course." Love it. I am very determined. I know this works for me. I can't believe I can eat tasty food, feel healthy, and lose weight. Lots of people talk about chicken wings. I have never bought them. They must be very low carb. Do you get a certain kind you really like?

Meme: Sounds like it is a fairly steep learning curve for your husband. When I tried to eat some low carb foods and then other foods the same day, I never lost weight.

KMom