Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Lori---Good news on losing the "consequence" pounds. That's how I've come to think of them---like the scale is putting you in the naughty chair for a few days.

Berta---I was curious so I researched the HCG program a bit and wow, doesn't surprise me one would lose faster on this! 500 calories a day for 8 weeks This I could not do. And a pretty restrictive list of foods as well. Perhaps you were on a more modified version?

Trigger - How's it going?

So I bounced up 4 pounds this am. Let me pull this little guy out again--- You'd think I swam around in a bowl of pasta last night, slurping up noodles like a fat mermaid. And then flopped out of the bowl and on to a baguette.

In reality, I worked late on a presentation I'm behind on. I almost NEVER snack at night, but being at the computer late tempted me into a very small bowl of black bean chips, like 6 or 7 of them. Better than Doritos, more fiber, but still a bit of a cheat. But really?!? For 4 pounds up I'm thinkin' I should have had A LOT more fun!

But you know, the real point is that as Voleck and Phinney said, the body has a NORMAL weight fluctuation of up to 4 pounds. I repeat, NORMAL. And there you have it. Isn't the first time this has happened, won't be the last, and I've had much worse treat nights with much less gain.

IMO, we all need to realize that no one gains 4 pounds of fat overnight, and that is considered normal fluctuation--- and/or perhaps a sign of salt, muscle soreness, or yes, carb bloat. But not real weight gain. We know this intellectually, and for me, I'm starting to know it in my heart too. Less scale angst, and that's a good thing.

And isn't it great that the solution is so clear and relatively easy? Just get back on plan and those pounds disappear soon enough.

Now when I start seeing it creep beyond 4 pounds and stick, that's another
enchilada---er, I mean chicken wing.

Speaking of chicken wings, off to my neighbor's beautiful back deck for dinner w/a couple gals. SUCH a lovely day here and going to be a lovely evening out. She's making LC Asian chicken wings, which she's made before and are out of this world. Sauce is total yum and NO sugar or goop like in most Asian chicken wings.

So today will be an almost all meat day for me. Had a bun-less burger for lunch so far and that's it. Wings tonight, maybe a bit of salad. Lots of water today. Even if those 4 pounds aren't fat, they're also not welcome to stick around---I could feel the bloat in my nice capris that fit so great last Monday night. It must go, and it will!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #452
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Blue
Yes it was VERY restrictive but I lost 40lbs with it in 60 days! That is how I got to my weight I am now. BUT I wanted to try losing while I was on my break from it.You have to wait 6 weeks the first round and 6 weeks the 2nd round which is what I am on now. Then you can do another round,the third round 12 weeks and so on.But during that time a person is not to go over 2lbs of their last dose weight.I have not went over my 2 lbs but once. BUT I haven't gotten under it either.It was 239.8.
But I am liking LC WOE and if I can get it off this way even if it is slower (and it certainly is)I'm sticking with it!

Actually I am getting use to eating like this and as you say it will come off if I just stick with it.
4lbs is a real bummer so sorry.But it will come off soon!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
So I bounced up 4 pounds this am. Let me pull this little guy out again--- You'd think I swam around in a bowl of pasta last night, slurping up noodles like a fat mermaid. And then flopped out of the bowl and on to a baguette.

In reality, I worked late on a presentation I'm behind on. I almost NEVER snack at night, but being at the computer late tempted me into a very small bowl of black bean chips, like 6 or 7 of them. Better than Doritos, more fiber, but still a bit of a cheat. But really?!? For 4 pounds up I'm thinkin' I should have had A LOT more fun!

But you know, the real point is that as Voleck and Phinney said, the body has a NORMAL weight fluctuation of up to 4 pounds. I repeat, NORMAL. And there you have it. Isn't the first time this has happened, won't be the last, and I've had much worse treat nights with much less gain.

IMO, we all need to realize that no one gains 4 pounds of fat overnight, and that is considered normal fluctuation--- and/or perhaps a sign of salt, muscle soreness, or yes, carb bloat. But not real weight gain. We know this intellectually, and for me, I'm starting to know it in my heart too. Less scale angst, and that's a good thing.

And isn't it great that the solution is so clear and relatively easy? Just get back on plan and those pounds disappear soon enough.

!
there ya go Blue...you solved the mystery all by yer little self. always a fun to read your posts!
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:30 AM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Berta, 40 lbs in 60 days. holy crappola that is fast and alot of weight. WOW

Blue, I go by the 4 lb rule. as long as my nightime weigh in no more than 4 lbs I can expect a drop on the scale. might only be .2 but it is never a gain. So if I start the day at 202, go up to 206 before bed, no problems. If I go up to 207 then in the morning I will probably gain a tad on the scale. I got my scale numbers down girl
Also off reading the net....on an LC site the Dr. guy said that it is best to only have a 2 lb. difference between morning and night to lose steadily. Morning 202, night should be 204 on the scale. means you are functioning best for loss. yup, I agree. seen it many times on my scales also.

------today hubby and I are off checking out golf carts. bought a toyhauler rv, might as well go get the golf cart to haul around and enjoy he is hitting the chiropractor first, then home to get me and off to breakfast. big omlette with bacon and cheese for me. YUM.

on induction foods. keeping it light and simple. I did snatch 2 tater tots I made for kiddo. popped 2 in my mouth before I even thought induction LOL. no harm. got thru the day easy. back to my old induction foods, how I ate in the beginning and it is kinda easy right now. old pro at this. no big cravings etc. kinda working my way toward my zone.

no snacking. none. 3 meals a day. 2 maybe if I do a brunch type situation. I am training myself out of snacking. I am a grazer, so I am being way more vigilant in watching what goes in my mouth and when. maybe I can train this old dog a new trick.
we shall see......

rainy/misty/ cruddy here. tons of rain and mud and flood all around. usual crappola weather. where is the carolina blue skies I want all the time? hmm....I vacuum the pool. perfect. monster storm and now leaves and junk are in it. kill me. I hate double work lol

hold strong everyone.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:58 AM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Happy Friday everyone!

I had a bit of an "off the rails" day yesterday. I was very hungry till I went to lunch and ended up at the Chinese buffet. It was SO delicious, but I certainly ate things that are not on my plan! No matter. Then I wasn't hungry for dinner and started picking at DH's Hershey bar with almonds. Sigh.....some swiss cheese and a few squares of chocolate later I finally came to my senses. I had thought about weighing myself again this morning, but after that, I decided it was not a good idea. I'll stay with my normal Thursday weigh in and be happy for staying the same!

Boot camp was rough this morning. Lots of running mixed with a bunch of other torture. Sure feels great when it's done! Then I was home to shower and get to the Dr to get the stitches out from my lesion removal last week. I'm glad to have them out! Now a busy day at work ahead.

Tomorrow morning DH and I will get out for a little run/walk before I head for the golf course. Playing with friends tomorrow and then playing in a tournament Sunday.....and another tournament Monday! A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:44 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
My husband had been buying those giant Hershey bars and then putting them in the refrigerator until I began throwing them in the trash. I can't tell you how many I threw away....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Happy Friday everyone!

I had a bit of an "off the rails" day yesterday. I was very hungry till I went to lunch and ended up at the Chinese buffet. It was SO delicious, but I certainly ate things that are not on my plan! No matter. Then I wasn't hungry for dinner and started picking at DH's Hershey bar with almonds. Sigh.....some swiss cheese and a few squares of chocolate later I finally came to my senses. I had thought about weighing myself again this morning, but after that, I decided it was not a good idea. I'll stay with my normal Thursday weigh in and be happy for staying the same!

Boot camp was rough this morning. Lots of running mixed with a bunch of other torture. Sure feels great when it's done! Then I was home to shower and get to the Dr to get the stitches out from my lesion removal last week. I'm glad to have them out! Now a busy day at work ahead.

Tomorrow morning DH and I will get out for a little run/walk before I head for the golf course. Playing with friends tomorrow and then playing in a tournament Sunday.....and another tournament Monday! A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #457
Berta48

Morning Gang
Well I am up .8 today. GEEZE. I think IF I can make myself I will try weighing in only once a week.I have been an everday weigher for nearly two years so I don't know it truly has become a habit.

I got an e-mail last night telling me my job was over. I was really disappointed.The investor of the business doesn't think it is giving him an investment return. I have gotten alot of Corporate Offices(Applebees, HyVee,Hilton,Marriot, Costco, and many more) but my Boss she is the one that calls and does the selling hasn't sold anything yet. So I really can't blame the guy. But yet you have to spend money to make money!

My job was to call the businesses and get permission to send a sample kit of the product.Then to make up the kits and get them to the investor to mail.

I made Carbquick biscuits this morning and made sausage gravy from HOOD Countdown
(3gms carbs.) The biscuits were delicious but I ate two and not certain of th carb count. The box says 2net crbs per buiscut so that is what I will count. So I have had nine already today.But so well worth it!The Carbquick will be a keeper in this house for sure.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---so you weigh yourself twice a day? I weigh myself only in the morning. Every morning, I make a point of that. Every time I've gained this weight back it's been because I won't come near the scale, I live in denial till one day I wake up a big blob.

Don't think I'd like the night weighing program. Interesting though about "the 4 pound rule."

Lori---Not a big sweet tooth here, but love me a hershey's bar w/almonds. Now I buy Trader Joe's Simply Lite dark chocolate with almonds. Less sugar, although still hardly great, but they say dark chocolate is good for you. I find these totally yummy and have come to love dark chocolate---2 squares at a time as a treat.

Berta--- So sorry to hear about you job. Sounds like you were doing a good job and someone didn't pick up the ball.But you know what? If you're a good phone salesperson, and it sounds like you are, there are a lot of opportunities out there. That's a tough job, and not everyone can do it.

Wow, on that 40 lbs down in 2 months! Talk about discipline! To stay on that plan for 8 weeks is very impressive. And now I get what you're talking about when you say you have a decision to make, due to the rotating nature of that woe. Maybe you do round 2 and then do LC to slowly lose the rest? LC you know you can maintain easier in the long term and you could pick it up after you lose another 40!

TGIF!!!! Man, these last 2 weeks have been super packed, busy and challenging, but also very good. I think back to a few months ago when I was so stressed and worried about things at work, and then it all changed and got better, at least for now. One thing's for sure, nothing stays the same. Not the good stuff, and not the bad stuff. So when you have a cloud hanging over you head, hang on, it will move along.

I was LC good at my neighbors last night, but holy moly, I ate A LOT of those chicken wings. In the end my plate looked like some wild animal had just marauded in from the jungle, torn into dinner and left a plate of bones behind. If anyone wants the recipe for these LC Asian Zing wings, I'll PM them to you. Spicy, yummy and virtually NO carbs, unlike most of this type which are loaded w/honey or sugar.

Today I had a very big cobb salad and all but licked the bowl. Didn't think I was that hungry. But lately I've noticed I've been more light headed now and then than usual. Think I need a few more cals now and then.

Tonight it's BBQ ribs with Guy's LC spicy BBQ sauce, the best LC BBQ sauce around for my money, and I've tried several.

Down almost 2 of my 4 pounds of bloat this am. Onward!
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you are a golf machine Lori. glad you have such a fun activity!!

Blue, pm me that recipe for the asian wing sauce. maybe if it is low enough I can use it. I love different tastes definitely. You are now the 'Bone Collector' in my eyes.

I used to get on the scale 3-4-5 times a day and always before bed to see how much I ate. I would eat, get on the scale, few hrs later get on again to see what effect it has etc. I was a scale nut. But when I did that it kept me in check. Now I am using the scale less and less and it shows on me.

OK PEOPLE----I am trying atkins '72. it is counting total carbs (not using net) and it is a little bit more strict, like no mushrooms in induction etc. Over on the forum they have the food list which I am going to print out and follow.

I have to get the NEW atkins out of my mind......but one thing since I am LC, been doing this a while, but being a bit more strict now in order to jump start real losses again, I am not a purist in atkins 72. I will be from VERY low carb one day, like under 10 definitely....to maybe 20 on another.

I find right now I need some list to follow. sometimes I sway too far. if I am back on a list I can find some control I am needing.

My kitchen scale is coming back out

Today I did well. Under 10 total carbs for the day. My pork ribs are still cooking and I am not putting my Guys bbq on it to save some carbs. eh, gotta do what I gotta do but I love them plain also.

forgot some carb counts since I got lazy in a way...thinking 1 or 2 carbs for something basically doesn't count LOL, but it does.

So following a bit of a new path. trying hard this time with a real kick start.
wish me luck all.

it is time to detox, keep carbs in check and very low, and putter on!

Last edited by Trigger828; 05-30-2014 at 03:59 PM..
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #460
Berta48

Actually I am on the 8 week in between rounds with HCG but wanted to try LC WOE.

I am doing Atkins 92/72.Never go over 20 carbs and I still am up and down. It was a month the 19th and I lost 5lbs. So in comparison that isn't much. But to get to eat what I eat it is great. If I'd loose 5 lb every month I would still loose.

I am hanging in there with this WOE until my 8 weeks are over at least.
Believe me I was not perfect on that plan at all. It was VERY VERY hard to stick with. no fats whatsoever, no skin, no turkey or pork, no dressings, no breakfast only lunch & dinner, and only four fruit(strawberries, grapefruit,orange & apples. but only 2 day.. GEEEZE make me wonder how I did do it
Old 05-31-2014, 06:26 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hang in there Berta. It takes time for find that magic and the losses kick in, our eating is controlled, we are peaceful with the changes. It all happens and will for you cause you are surely working it!!
Old 05-31-2014, 06:34 AM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Atkins 72. Bught the 1972 book online this morning.

I get excited to find a new way to follow a plan. I want to read about the old approach of almost 0 carb per day and all that goes with it. the diff. in 'carb ladder' junk and all that mess. the diff. in foods from the old times to the NEW revolution.

So anything that keeps me going and learning in the right direction is a good thing for me LOL

breakfast: 3 eggs---giving it 1.5 carbs
6 bacon---giving it 1.5 carbs casue the package says 'sugar' and I am going to account for this sugar. .25 per slice???? well it is a start
2 oz. cheese----<1 carb per slice....so giving it 1 carb for 2 slices
total today so far: 4 carbs
Goal for today. 10 carbs tops. no subtracting fiber. should be wild to see what I come up with for meals etc. to stay so low.

gonna check out new cheeses also. ones that are not 'processed into a slice'--hmmm should be fun reading finding and tasting new cheeses.

Stuffed to the gills of course. Going outside to re-arrange garage. BOUGHT a golf cart. 2010. Turquiose color. hubby said ok...he wanted red or black....I said GIRL POWER. Kiddo and I want a fancy color. He wouldn't do the hot pink one lol
Old 05-31-2014, 12:09 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday!

I just got home from the golf course. I actually had my best round so far this year! Tournament tomorrow and I'm hoping to play as well.

My day started with a 6:30AM 2 mile run/walk with the husband. Then it was home for a hearty breakfast before heading for the golf course. Walked 18 holes...beautiful day. My pedometer shows over 9 miles so far! Almost 19,000 steps. Guess what, I'm eating pizza for dinner! Carbs or no carbs!

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:35 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

You go Trig!!! Big wind of support blowing from the north right under your wings!

Rainy and humid here today, so it was a good day to put off cleaning out the porch, again. Maybe tomorrow…or next weekend. Instead I read my book, took a little nap, and now I'm off to dinner w/a pal. She lives near a lovely little lake town suburb. When you go there you feel like you're on vacation with this big gorgeous lake everywhere you look. Lots of fun little shops and good restaurants.

So we'll do a little shopping first, and then head for one of our fave restaurants which has so many good low carb choices I can't decide which I'll have. Great salads, steaks, fish, and some good side dishes too, like spicy green beans that are yummers. And they have Oysters Rockefeller which almost no one does these days, and I loves 'em.

Hope y'all are having a nice, relaxing LC weekend---exceptions for Lori---enjoy the pizza! Sounds like you walked enough to earn it.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ohhh Blue sounds like a fab evening!! Oysters. OO LA LA

I did well today. 8 total carbs.

pounding down water like mad
I always forget how good alot of water makes me feel.

our rain went out this afternoon and got a bit sunny but that humidity is deadly.

everyone be good!!!!! hold strong here folks!!!!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #466
Berta48

Evening Everyone
Been a very busy day for me here in BIG MO.
Just wanted to run by here and say hello to everyone.
I went shopping today and to a garage sale Bouhgth a picture I have always wanted for 2.00 and a book and a cd of action movies for DH.
Bought some new cut off pants 3 pair and 3 tops. A few grocerys.
Then went and bought two flower for our front porc and on for the nahanger by our door nd few colorful leaf flowers for the two big black pots I have on both sides of our park bench. Some more bid seed and afinch sock. I just took a shower and now I am ready to fix dinner.
DH informed me he wants those horrible canned tamales.I made myslef a cheese taco shell and tuna salad so I will put the tuna salad in the shell and top it with a little chopped tomato and lettce.Then I will eat my SF Jello for dessert.

I am so happy I figured out how to make a cheese shell I use them alot. It takes 2 oz to make a fairly large one. I put it all (2oz)in the center of parchment paper in the microwave and melt it until it start to have little holes all over. Then I take it and pull it out on the paper over a folded paper plate that I folded in half and let it cool and PRESTO a taco shell. It hardnes as it cools. I have eaten taco meat and stuff in it to make a taco and it holds up really well.

Well I was up .4 today but that isn't anything new. So we will see what tomorrow brings.

LORI WOW 9 miles thats alot. I should put on a odometer when I grocery shop. I left at 1:00 and got home at 4:00 so I walked that entire time. Of course it was starting and stopping but I walked! Best wishes on your game tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:33 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I slept in until 5:45 this morning. That is late for me! Our bedroom faces east and when the sun comes up it blasts us right in the face. What a wake up call! This time of year I have the blinds open and the window up so the sun shining and the birds chirping are our alarm.

I'm enjoying a leisurely morning before heading to the golf course. As my Mother used to say "I'm stiff as an old war horse" this morning. Hope I loosen up soon. I'm looking forward to lots of fun today. Tomorrow I'm off work to play in a breast cancer benefit golf tournament. That should be a fun day too. Then I'll be off the course until next Saturday when I play in a tournament with the hubby. That should be a scream! He doesn't play much, but always does well.

I'm sorry...you all are probably bored to death with my golf stories. This time of year, that's pretty much my life!

I went totally off the rails with my eating last evening. Pizza & half a grinder(hot sub), plus 2 peanut butter chip cookies. Today and tomorrow will not be perfect either, but I'll get back on the straight and narrow come Tuesday morning.

Have a wonderful day my friends!
Old 06-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BE CAREFUL Lori. that is very very high carb binge type foods. remember even tho we are doing it 'our way' it is all about staying closer to low carb. and we must train ourselves that kind of eating truly isn't what we want in an lc lifestyle.

see for me (and this might not be you which is good) those carbs in that meal would continue me on a down spiral. they grab me back fast. I can do a big carb eat, get back on plan....but if I do it again and again down the road, at some point I say --heck with this--and go carb nuts again.

just a reminder be careful

--------------I had to sneak a peak on the scale. almost 4 lb drop!!!!
Now I am not getting on the scale for at least 2 weeks. I want to see what atkins 72 (vlc) will do for me.

I got myself wrapped into this and it is suiting me very well so far. I really needed a control factor at this point and this is working.

not hungry. lunch later will be bacon, eggs and bit of cheese
dinner tonight is flank steak on the grill. marinating in olive oil and spices. got to check for sugar free mariandes at the grocery. while I love reg. meat, I also love flavor changes to it. gives me variety.

with that a cesar salad with bit of parm cheese.

day should come in around 5-6 total carbs.
that's the ticket!!

------everyone enjoy this great sunday!! we are cloudy, kinda icky, humid, blah
where is summer? spring was weird, now summer seems off. crazy weather patterns!
Old 06-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Berta---fun idea to make taco shells out of cheese crisps!!! I think you're quite handy and good in the kitchen, unlike moi, but I'm learning. I've made the crisps as crackers but I think I'd like them better as a taco shell w/all the other taco fixing. So thanks for another great tip!

Trigger---Gotta say, you're inspiring me. I've deffo been getting into a bit of carb creep lately. Bites of this, bites of that, more bites, LOL.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Berta---fun idea to make taco shells out of cheese crisps!!! I think you're quite handy and good in the kitchen, unlike moi, but I'm learning. I've made the crisps as crackers but I think I'd like them better as a taco shell w/all the other taco fixing. So thanks for another great tip!

Trigger--- 4 pounds down!! What a gorgeous whoosh. It's woooooorkinnnnnnnng!!!!! AND, less appetite and cravings too. Good job on the water---I'm convinced it makes a difference in how long the bloat hangs on, if not in how fast we lose all the time, but I think it can help a bit w/that too.

Gotta say, you're inspiring me. I've defo been getting into a bit of carb creep lately. Bites of this, bites of that, more bites, LOL. Going to try to keep it around 20 to 25 till our trip in two weeks. Would like to be at a nice firm 178 by then.

My pal and I had a lot of fun last night. I got the BEST summer pants that fit great and a killer skirt that's my new inspiration piece. I can wear it now, but 2 or 3 pounds down and it will be perfect.

Did well at dinner---ummmmm, right up to the end when my pal wanted to order some Creme Brûlée. OK, OK, fess up, Blue---it was my idea and she liked it. I looooove creme Brûlée w/that nice crunchy top that's all made out of caramelized sugar. I only had a quarter of it, she had a quarter and I brought the rest home for hubby. Still, a definite case of carb creep. Turned my under 20 carb day into scraping the ceiling of 40.

Good day today. Found a new thing I love for lunch. Lox spread w/cream cheese, capers and chopped onion and rolled up. Had two of them, and didn't miss the bagel at all.

Having a rueben on TJ's sprouted wheat bread for dinner, which is 8 NCs, so I've made a point to keep it very LC. I've logged it all into my tracker and if I stick to the plan, I'll come in at 23 NCs, less if I decide not to have an artichoke w/it.

Is it Sunday afternoon already? SIGH. Where did the weekend go?
Old 06-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #471
Berta48

Hi Gang
Well today is a georgous beautigful day. I LOVE Sundays1 Had a great Sunday School class and then sprase & worship and the semonwa excellent.
Pastor reminded us the enemy would always attack us in our weakest area. MINE is FOOD SO I need to add more prayer for will power. BUT I guess I soon forgot as we went out to eat at a Steak house. They plopped that bucket of peanuts in front of me and I took a dive in . They others orderd two appetizers one was onion rings with a great sauce.I ate about three of them and a spinach cheese dip with tortillas. I ate the dip no chips. Then I orderd a Loaded grilled chicken. had cheese,bacon,mushrooms and onions on it. and a side of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots. And a side salad with ranch on the side. I ate all the salad and chicken but left the veggies. They did not have real butter there, so I didn't eat them.I don't like veggies plain I like to have something on them.So I may be up again in the a.m.??? We'll see.

Blue
I was glad I thought of the cheese taco shell too.It is quite good.
I think I may have told you alread but if not I just love the Bisquick drop busicuits. they taste like real bread to me. I am going to try different recipes. I keep thinking about pot pie for some reason.
I have read that you can use it like the old Bsquick recipes. So I am digging out my old Bisquick recipe book and giving it a whirl this week.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:43 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

This is attempt #2 for a post this morning. The first one was lost when I tried to post it.

Good Morning!

Husband and I are back from our 2 mile run/walk. Lovely morning. I'm just puttering around the house until I leave for the golf tournament about 10 o'clock. I had a pile of laundry to catch up on, so the washer and dryer are spinning already!

I've learned one thing...I don't sleep well after eating too many carbs, especially the sugar variety! I'm more than ready to get back on the straight and narrow. Ugh! I'm going to do my darndest to not eat anything sweet today. They give us a buffet dinner after the tournament. It is always roast turkey and all the trimmings. So, so good. One thing, it's supposed to be quite warm today and that usually kills my appetite pretty well. My plan is to have some turkey, some of the sauteed green beans with almonds that they always have and maybe just a TB of the stuffing. I can pass on dessert with no problem.

I'm looking forward to a wonderful day with my friends. Lots of laughs will be shared.

Have a lovely day!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:31 AM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Berta you gotta get a grip on carb creep now.

At some point if you want a low carb life, the dive in, bites and nibbles have got to be handled. it can't be a free for all

Now I had my bad times. No denying that! But one thing I can say is you have to try harder to commit to LC. On a daily basis. meal by meal basis.

This goes for all of us on this thread!

carb creep is easy to happen. I do it, we all do it. at some point one of us has to say ENOUGH is enough.

I realized I knew it takes time to lose. takes time to readjust to giving up alot of our foods on a daily basis. but without TRUE commitment, OUR WAY can get off track.
Our way means we can be lower carb, or higher carb when we choose.......but no one knows what their higher carb days are.

say, my low carb choice is 20-25 NC per day. Then do that!

But ya gotta pick a higher carb LIMIT and KNOW what you are eating. Just willy nilly picking foods and eating are gonna kill us in the end. Like say we choose. 25/50.

that higher day of 50 carbs probably will put ya out of ketosis, a key thing needed in LC.
also it slows weight loss. but AT least you know you are 50 carb limit. Not a free for all where you go into the 100s of carbs per day.

I say all this to you guys, but believe me I am saying to myself also

I did it all. had my fun. but it boils down to commitment. Do we want goal? Do we want smaller clothes? Do we want healthier? I said yes to all of this and then carb creeped into stagnation for a very long time.

So come on guys. Lets get some re-commitment on this thread. from all of us. we need it.

------------for me today is a horse ride! WEE! off to Latta Plantation for a good trail ride. heck my horse is getting fat. cut her feed down big time. I have such nice pasture. gotta watch her now, lol

I HAD TO SNEAK A PEAK AGAIN. down 1 more lb YA HOO

all about controlling carbs. control carbs and we control the body. I really believe this. I know when I control, I do so well. When I don't I get no where.

packing tuna and mayo for ride. 2 slim jims. that will be 2 total carbs.
not using my bread today....just will pack tuna and mayo in cold pack in my cantle bag. going to hold off on my lc breads for a bit til I get this all under control.

when I get home will eat some chicken and salad. about 4 total carbs for dressing.

dinner is some meat. not sure what I will throw on the grill. chicken probably. so maybe 1/2 a chicken grilled with some spices. 0 total carbs

total for the day will be 6 total carbs, might punch up to 8 , eh, still good in my eyes.

----everyone hold strong. we can do this if we don't allow too much carb creep. I know...I am a bona fide Creeper Du'Jour. LOL but time I cut it out.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #474
Berta48

Morning
Well the peanuts gave me a up .8 today. But it is a new day!!
In my last post I typed Bisquick I meant Carbquick! I like it but don't plan on eating it alot. last night I had a bacon egg & cheese biscuit and it was really quite tasty!

Trigger
I don't eat many carbs most of the time. I usually stick with under ten.But yesterday was a peanut fest so it's over now.I am doing Atkins 72/92 most days.

May need to do induction for a long while, but really don't want to do that. But we'll see where I am in another month.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Trig---So happy to see you embrace LC again, because we've been on this path for awhile together, and we kind of know what works, when we set our mind to it. LOVE that you've dropped yet another pound!

Your post inspires me, and gives me the support I need to do better too. Every once in awhile someone has to kick some butt around here, thank you for doing it this time.

Berta---LOL, I think you were diving into your peanuts about the same time I was diving into my creme brûlée. It happens. But those peanuts and my few bites of a dessert DOES NOT undo all our other efforts. That's important to remember.

I really feel your efforts and resolve through your posts and I hope you hang in there with us. Patience. With ourselves, with the world in general. Man, I will never stop working on that. It ALL just takes time, and sometimes, that's the last thing we want to give.

As for me gals, well, I had a really brutal work presentation today, for more reasons than I would ever go into here. Put my heart and soul into it, and endless hours, but nothing went as planned. Don't know where it will all end up, only know I feel deflated and exhausted for tonight.

Meh, that's life, good days and bad.

Good news is I have stayed on plan today, despite whatever, and that's a good thing in a not so good day.

Coming in at 23 NCs, and about 100 calories under my goal. I'll take that, and KERPLUNK, I'm out for today. Crawling into bed w/a good book and don't want to think about another dag nam thing!
Old 06-03-2014, 02:02 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I am up...hoping to have the energy for boot camp! Yesterday on the golf course was work. Nice day, but quite warm. I hit some really good shots and some real stinkers! We had a good time, but it was just a LONG day. I didn't get home until 8PM.

I'll be playing catch up big time at work today so thought I'd post early. I have my food all planned for the day and it will be VERY low carb. I'm hoping my Thursday weigh in does not show a gain. It won't be much, if anything. It'll be the price I have to pay for my weekend of treats if I show a gain. This too shall pass.

I have to go to the dentist for a filling after work. Good grief I hate that. They have trouble getting me numb and end up giving me multiple shots. I'll need a stiff drink when I get home!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:46 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you got good rest Blue. Yea I will kick some butt around here. of course when I was nibbling carbs, I was kinda quiet and wonky. NOW I got my MOJO back I am going to tell everyone to stop carbing up and join me in really controlling our carbs on a daily basis LOL. yea big mouth me!!!

Berta glad you are holding low on carbs. a peanut fest won't kill ya. but man oh man when ya start nuts, they are so addictive. I remember the old days of going thru buckets of those suckers while eating out. I swear it was hand to mouth without a thought and not even that hungry. Just automatic pilot. I gotta shut that down for good!!

------down more. HEEhee. I love this. Like I said, I got it back. And I am going to keep it for a while

It is hard. you do so well, lose great, feel great and then the small backslide comes and you struggle. struggle hard. get all kinds of crazy emotions, thoughts, etc. about this big eating change. and you struggle more and longer and longer. try ever so much to re-commit and it doesn't hold long. THEN YA HAD IT to the point of YOU ARE BACK!
And it surprises you. I am truly surprised this 'newer change' held for me. I was getting desperate to finish my goal. I had a bad attitude toward LC and struggle---all because of the stinking carbs.

I never want to admit this but I do every now and then. I think I am SUPER carb sensitive. I can eat a few more IF I CONTROL cals. very tight and do well. But if I go VERY low carb I can eat more, not track those stupid cals. and feel more in control.

I don't want to admit I really think I am one of those "super carb sensitive people'. Cause when I do....it REALLY cements in my mind my eating will be changing dramatically for life. life. while in maintenance also. That upsets me. But ya know, I have to put on my big girl panties and accept what I have to do long term. Truly change my eating. and stop dreaming of a day when XX food will come back into my life. I don't think it ever will. sure maybe a few more carbs, but it will NEVER be what I am pretending it will be later. working on major acceptance of what my eating lifestyle til the grave will be now

but eh, it is all good if we learn how our bodies really need to eat. not like we wish we could eat.

the body rules. it tells us...we don't tell it!

So I decided to stop the scale right now. no more peaks. gonna follow my atkins '72 and let it roll. I know if I am eating wrong. I know if I bloat up from extra food. no need for a scale now if I am going to be true to very low carb. very low carb means I am surely not going to gain. So will keep on doing what I am....lose the inches and hopefully lbs. and weigh later down the line.

As much as I stagnated a long time, as much as I struggled, as much junk I let back into my eating, as much as I was disappointed, or wanted to say throw in the towel, I NEVER DID. I didn't backslide cause Blue reminded me many times THAT was not an option. To do this ever again. We are changing permanently now. There is no going back! Blue kept me hanging on all the time I was going lc bonkers a bit. believe me--what a true help that support and advice was!!!!!

So with that help I found MOJO again

and I won't lose it anytime soon!

no breakfast, not hungry
brunch---bacon/eggs OR chicken on ceasar salad
dinner I got a skirt steak marinating in spices for the grill. probably just meat.
snack later if wanted--some pepperoni and cheddar.

I should be in the 5 carb range today. which is cool with me.

enjoy the day all. sunny here. gonna be hot. POOL DAY for me after my errands. gonna relax and swim while the kiddo is not here to splash me on my float
school out June 13. the pool will be kid infested thru the summer. best get my time in now!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #478
Berta48

Morning Everyone
I jsut recieved my LC bread order. OH MYGOODNESS the rye bread is to die for!!!!! SO good!!!!!!! I haven't tried the bagles or dinner rolls yet. I only tasted a tiny bit of the rye bread as it had a couple very small spoots of mold on three slices so i kust cut off the bottm crust and ate a bite that didn't have mold. The bagels had three spots on them too. BUT I orderd n a week-end and the note inside the box said to drder when they don't ist in the shipping awrhose.I only paid the 295 for the ice packs so I agreede to be responsible for the pkg. But it's nno big deal they are now refrigerated. I am so anxious to try a bagel with cream cheese.

I found some LC tortillas in WalMart .5 gms per toritlla NET. ANd I fixed a breakfast burrito with southwestern egg beater, sausage and slice of cheese and it eas jus as good as McDonalds breakfast burritos. WOW with al lthese good items I may be able to tolerate this WOE.

I was down .4 today. My carbs were 9gms yesterday!!Even with the cinnamon Carbquick biscuits.I ate two.( 2 net carbs per roll.) The other was the LC tortilla(5 NET gms) with my breakfast burrito. OH I hope I can loose eating this way.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YES Berta, I am a Rye fan also.
I have 3 in the freezer. they didn't hurt me, but I do use them sparingly. wtih that cost of almost $30 for 3 packages, small slices, it is not something I will go thru fast.

toasted up the rye is great!

just to make a sandwich between bread is to die for
Old 06-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Trigger---Nice post. Really explains the struggle, but also the rewards and how powerful we can be when we "click in" and decide we're gonna do it! Love your new spirit, and I think it's contagious!

I was not being very bad, but just kind of a bit slip slidey. Now I've recommitted to 25 or under carbs a day to see if I can get into some new territory and it feels good. I'm glad there was a time I could help you, now you're helping me,

And you now, I wouldn't worry to much about how maintenance will be because I don't think we know. Once we hit our goal weight, I do think we'll be able to experiment a bit. I plan to put a cap of 4 or 5 pounds on any gain before I jump back on plan hard and fast. But yeah, it's got to be basically LC for life for me too. I was right under the line on Diabetes 2 when I started over a year ago. Can't go back there. Besides it would seriously bum me out to give up my pretty new clothes, feeling younger, and feeling better.

And besides, I like this woe 98% of the time. I feel so fortunate to have started it when I did, and be this far down the path. Never stuck to a diet or exercise this long in my life. But then it doesn't feel like a diet, and it ain't exercise.

Berta---That does it, I'm ordering that Rye. Been into ruebens lately on my LC sprouted wheat and the GLCBC Rye would save me 7 carbs a sandy.

Good news on the .4 down. As I have noted, you seem very handy and creative in the kitchen, and the longer you're on this woe, the more really great LC foods you can learn to make and love. I have so many things I like now I forget about some of them!

Well, I got nailed by a chest cold today. Just came out of the blue and into the Blue, so to speak. Feel pretty crummy. Achey and weak. Got home from and appointment, made myself a nice mug of chicken broth w/a splash of cream, lemon and pepper, and took a long nap, from which I just awoke.

I swear it was the stress from yesterday's meeting w/one of my clients. That cortisol hormone (known as the stress hormone) is wicked and I think it can push you over if you're on the edge of something.

Plus, despite three very clean carb and calorie days, I bounced up 2 pounds this am. Again, I think cortisol could be the culprit, have read many times how it can add to water retention and stop the fat burning process.

Oh well, not worried about the bounce up. Can't wait to feel better though. I am hungry now, hardly eaten anything today but the broth. Hubby is making me a nice sirloin steak for dinner, and that sounds good to me. Then another cup of broth before bed. The protein sounds good to me. Drinking lots of water.

Thankfully, no appointments or work that has to be done tomorrow, so I will just really rest up. Got a new book I'm looking forward to diving into, and it's hard to give myself permission to read and nap all day, but I'm gonna do it tomorrow!