Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Hi Peeps!!

Beautiful weekend here in Pennsylvania! Played golf yesterday(horribly) but it was a nice day. My sister came yesterday and we've been having a great time. Her being here always means eating stuff I don't usually eat, but I'm not going to stress over it. We're going to go for a 5+ mile walk on the local rail trail this afternoon and then grill some chicken for dinner. She's leaving tomorrow morning and I'm heading to the golf course for another tournament. Sure hope I play better tomorrow, but if not, it's all good. I'm just lucky to be able to be out there walking the course.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi all,

Gorgeous day here! Cool and crisp, trees bursting into that acid green of early spring. Only bad thing is it's making hubby and I feel guilty about not being out cleaning up our screened in porch and deck. We're both feeling lazy, which is better than one is and the other wants to go to work.

Trigger---The GLCBC dinner rolls are my absolute new fave GLCBC thing! Softer than the onion roll, but not spongey like the Everything bread was for me, and not as hard as the bagels. I had salmon egg salad/tomato slice and onion slice on one last night, and I could not believe how good it was. I toasted just slightly w/butter, but mostly left it chewy and to me, this tastes the most like real "bread" of them all.

My next order I'm going to get the Rye bread and hope it's better than the Everything bread. Hubby made corned beef last week and I made LC rubens on my Trader Joe's bread, and I'm craving them right now. If I like the Rye bread, it would save me half the carbs.

I think two weeks of induction, or just long enough to get rid of the appetite and carb cravings is a great idea. And don't worry about "sounding like a broken record." You're here, you're aware, you're keeping the weight you've lost off, and you're eating right most of the time. Always so easy to get hung up on how far we have to go, rather than how far we've come. You know both you and I would be having considerably different holiday eating days a few years ago!

Lori---Sounds like a great weekend---your sissy and golf and lovely weather. Enjoy!

We're going to a cook out at BIL & SIL's tonight. They're grilling fish, and I'm bringing the most gorgeous jumbo shrimp you ever saw as an appetizer, so it should be a good LC night. Still, I'm going to eat a bit more today before we go, make sure I'm not too hungry when I get there. You never know what treats are going to pop up and grab you around the neck and not being so hungry helps.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #423
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Yes I'm around.We are old and kids out of house so we are alone.We are having a friend over tomorrow for a cook out. He is alone too so we will watch movies all day nd then cook out!

I was off plan all day today for soem reason.this is the firt time since starting a month ago.

We sate mexican and zI divred into the torilla chips and salsa. then tonight we ate cheesebrgers and fries from McDonalds. OH MY GOODNESS.

SO I will see how much dasmage I have doen in the a.m.. I was dopwn .6 this morning but will be waaaaay up tomorrow.

I will be going back to INDUCTION Tuesday for a week too!!

Geeeze so mad at myself right now.But the food was so good! Why can't they make things that taste like that LOW CARB?

BLUE
How were the hamburger buns??? I did not like the LC Bob Red Mill's bread mix.No flavor at all.Not worth the carbs per slice.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:19 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Sun is coming up and it's going to be a beautiful day!

Berta...just forget about the little slip yesterday. It's one day and you will get back on plan. I, too, went off the rails yesterday. We bought some yummy bread at Panera and I ate a good bit of that with dinner. My sister and I also got peanut butter milkshakes and drank them while walking our 5 miles on the rail trail! I don't regret a thing. I've had a nice time with my sister and yes, it involved food. That's life!

I'm heading for the golf course in a couple hours. Should be a fun day as long as I don't let myself get upset about the way I play. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean a thing. Silly game!

Have to tell you all...on Saturday I put on a new dress & wedge sandals that make me feel like a million bucks. I wore them to go shopping and out to dinner with my sister. Anyway, we went to this little clothing store where we like to shop. It's owned by a very nice man who is ALWAYS there and it's one of those personal service stores..you know...you tell him what you're looking for and he runs and gets it, puts it in the dressing room...love it. When we walked in he said "WOW....you're melting! You look great!" Nothing like having someone who is into clothes and fashion telling you that you look great! Ego boost for sure! His little store is jam packed with beautiful things. I bought 2 light weight sweaters and my sister picked up 4 or 5 items. Happens every time we go in there!

Ok.....time for another cup of coffee. Have a fabulous day!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:14 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Lori, so happy for ya. it is all coming together and getting compliments is the cat's meow for sure!!! CONGRATS on doing this the right way and all that exercise is paying off. HOLD the course gal. you got this in the bag

Berta---me and you. induction. I must also cut the carbs again. they are creeping back and I can not allow it.

----I ain't telling, so no one ask yesterday ended up being a bust. not deadly but way higher than my norm. 60-70 carb range which is 'still considered moderate' but in no way helps me. in fact when you VERY lc in the 10-20 nc, and go up like that, it packs it right on the body to the max. ask me how I know

new day, new starts, new victories. gotta do it!

Blue---hope you had a fab weekend!!! I sure did. tons of swimming and beer LOL yea, a blow out type day.

everyone be strong.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #426
Berta48

Happy Memorial Day Friends

Lori
Thanks for the encouragement.I guess confession is good for the soul.
I figured yesterday was at a Mexican Restauraunt and I was going to enjoy it & I did .
I was up 1.8 today but to be honest the food was so good I don't really care. Actually if I had stayed out to hte tortillas and dip I would have been okay. As I ordered a tostada and it had a corn shell on bottom an don top was ground beef with lettuce, tomoate and sour cream. So I just ate the topping off the shell and that was it!Didn't eat the shell but all those chips before hand I didn't need it

If this is a lifestyle there is no way I can go the rest of my life and NEVER eat off plan.The important thing is to get right back at it!!! And I am TODAY!!!

Trigger
INDUCTION it is . Hope we loose well!!!As I say alot sometimes to different friends. "With your hand in my hand, together we will make it!"

Blue
Still wondeirng about those hamburger rolls. I want to order several pkgs. If they are good.I don't think I would like the onion ones, but I might. I feel like the multigrain I would.I have had some reg. multigrain and loved it. But do they HONESTLY taste like bread? That Bob Red Mills had no flavor at all(IMO) unless you loaded it up with butter.

I get paid Wednesday and I want to order and have some on hand for those times like last night when I wanted a hamburger from MCD's. For those times I don't feel like cooking. I have read somewhere that rutabagas are great sliced and cooked like french fries? But haven't ever tried them.I've onderda bout turnips and how they would be? HMMM I may have to do a bit of experimenting this week.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Berta ---I did not order the GLCBC hamburger rolls, I ordered the dinner rolls. Which I like a lot. You could certainly use them for hamburgers or any sandwich. They are a good size and quite filling. I have heard some folks here say the hamburger buns were n to their faves. But the dinner rolls do it for me, my new fave!

I think GLCBC is the best LC bread out there, and I've tried a lot of them, as well as making them from scratch---each and every one of which I did not like. But I can't tell you they're as good as "Real" bread, but they're plenty good enough. For me it's about the texture---hate spongey, which I've sound some LC breads to be. Folks here differ on which GLCBC products they like, but everyone seems to like at least one if not more of them.

Maybe you could try the dinner rolls and the bagels? I think these are closest to real breads. I toast mine a bit depending on which product, and I always use them as some kind of sandwich with lots of good LC fillings. These taste very good to me and it's great to have a sandwich or a burger on a roll. Best thing is to experiment, order one of a couple products that look good, and see what you think. They ain't cheap, but worth it to me.

Hey, did you read I tried your dessert and liked it? page behind this one.

Trigger --- You know, really, 60 to 70 carbs isn't really a "blow out." It's high for our LC woes, but I'd say the 300 carbs you would have probably had a couple of years ago, now that was a blow out!

So you had a great time, had your treats, and today's a new day. Keeping my fingers crossed you get a blast of induction energy under your wings! Maybe start with committing to just a week and see how that goes?

Lori---So cool to hear how great you felt in that dress! Clothing really motivates me. Used to love pretty things, then when I blew up 50 pounds I just stopped seeing them or caring about them, and was happy just to "cover it up." Now I'm having a blast replacing my fat clothing---can't believe some of that stuff, so ugly and no better choices then. Good riddance. One of the many things I'M NOT GOING BACK TO. Sounds like a very fun little shop! AND, a guy who noticed, AND two new sweaters---all in all I'd call that a hole in one.

I did well at the cook out last night, it was pretty easy. Shrimp for apps, fish and asparagus for dinner, strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. Did sneak a few crackers with spread, and of course there was wine. But all in all the tracker looked pretty good at the end of a holiday cook out!

We're going out for dinner tonight w/a friend of ours. Hubby told me to pick the restaurant and so of course, I picked one with the best cobb salad in town! Not hungry today, had stomach distress all night last night. Don't know why. So I'm laying low on food today, lots of water. But know I'll need something for dinner, and it's going to be nice not to have to make it. Just call me Lazy Blue this weekend.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ut oh stomach distress I hear ya on that one. does control the eating so that at least is a benefit LOL but it feels icky to be like that.

be lazy it is good to be lazy some days and I can definitely attest to that!!!!

you are right, that isn't horrible, compared to 'junk eating' but honestly, when I super LC like with 10-20 nc, if I eat into the 50 NC range I bloat to the max.

I guess I am realizing, and this hard to say in all reality with the old brain saying NO NO NO, I think I am one of those carb sensitive people. I do so well very LC....when I up I bloat to the max if cals. are not controlled BIG time.

and if I control cals. big time, it means little food in the day.

UGH.

I gotta be facing facts. I will get my head around it

you did good on your holiday. and I am thankful as heck it is ALL over. tired of the stinking holidays always wrapped around FUN and FOOD. used to whiz thru, now I am on a ledge looking down into carb blowout LOL

but it will never be the way it was before. I know that. Now to find that killer instinct to move forward. I am fighting with myself. stupid battle ALSO I might add LOL
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #429
Berta48

Thank you Blue.
I have an order all ready in my cart and waiting till Wednesdays pay day!!! Do you only add the ice pack or do you go the full route and order the expensive shipping on things?

YES I saw your post and I am happy you like it. I have a inlove relationship for Bryers Carb Smart Ice cream. 1/2 cup is enough to satisfy me too!Once in a while I will have 1 full cup if I haven't had any carbs that day!Making a total of 10 carbs for the day!

TRIGGER
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! Just make something really yummy. I LOVE the cauliflower brocolli salad have you ever eaten that? I right now have a George Stella Chocolate Pecan cake baking in the oven. Will let you know how it is tomorrow!

Well gotta go compnay has arrived and I need to get to cooking.
I will see everyone in the morning!!!!
Old 05-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Trig---I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I truly believe that "the motivation is in the process." I rarely feel motivated till I'm deep in it and often have to go with "just do it" without any "killer instinct" to help me. So I set up my little goals, and that does help, not to mention the major number goal. Frankly, I'm scared of maintenance, even though that's what I seem to be doing most of the time, LOL. But just knowing I want 10 more pounds gone helps me just do it.

It does help to keep my fingers out of the carbs. I can do some tastes now and then, but it's a thin line till I seriously want more. Ya know how it goes---the more carbs I eat, the more I want.

And then those hungries hit now and then, even when I'm in ketosis which I usually am. Seems I get a couple of days in a row of them and then they go away for awhile and I'm back to that sweet, satisfied on LC spot.

I've had the hungry thing going all weekend till today, when last night's wonky stomach put an end to that.

I think we DO become more carb sensitive as we get older, particularly if we've been heavy before. However, it's also true that when I was a carb hound I just got used to that bloated feeling, and never noticed it much on me because it was all mixed in w/the fat. Now, not being used to it, I feel it and see it more.

25 to 35 carbs a day, shooting for lower on this spectrum as often as possible, seems to work for me, but the losses are very slow, but they are real. I'm now down 3 pounds since San Diego 2 months ago. Not fast, but there.

If you're going to do induction for a bit, how about just forgetting about the calories for a while, and eat whatever LC you need to feel satisfied. Get back in that ketosis appetite suppression thing. Seems it's been a couple of weeks of off and on for you and this may have diminished that effect quite a bit.

Anywho, just a couple thoughts back to your post, and big from your pal, Blue. We've been in this together for quite awhile, and I just know one way or the other, we're going to lick it! And I don't mean the ice cream.

So I'm off to dinner w/hubby and our pal, feeling like eating something, so that's good. Lots of carbs and cals to play w/tonight as I've not eaten much, hope I don't play to hard.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Berta---lately we're always posting at the same time it seems. I have only done the standard shipping, no ice packs. But I started ordering GLCBC products in the winter so when it gets really hot here, don't know. Just got an order a couple days ago, standard shipping, and it was fine. I guess I'll continue w/that till I get a spoiled order. That stuff is expensive enough and I have to learn where the line is when I must pay extra.

What did you order? I'll be very interested to hear what you think. If you keep your expectations in check---IOW, don't expect a french baguette---I think you'll be pleased w/one product or the other. Just keep in mind that IMO these products are best used WITH LC stuffings or pilings. Not the kind of thing you just butter and love, like the bread we all miss.

Plus, although expensive, to me it beats the pants off buying all the ingredients and putting all the time into making it myself. When I realized that, it kind of became a bargain. And I don't eat these products every day and not more than once a day. If I have it for lunch I don't have it for dinner. Eat them about every other day, so on this plan, they last awhile.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Berta---lately we're always posting at the same time it seems. I have only done the standard shipping, no ice packs. But I started ordering GLCBC products in the winter so when it gets really hot here, don't know. Just got an order a couple days ago, standard shipping, and it was fine. I guess I'll continue w/that till I get a spoiled order. That stuff is expensive enough and I have to learn where the line is when I must pay extra.

What did you order? I'll be very interested to hear what you think. If you keep your expectations in check---IOW, don't expect a french baguette---I think you'll be pleased w/one product or the other. Just keep in mind that IMO these products are best used WITH LC stuffings or pilings. Not the kind of thing you just butter and love, like the bread we all miss.

Plus, although expensive, to me it beats the pants off buying all the ingredients and putting all the time into making it myself. When I realized that, it kind of became a bargain. And I don't eat these products every day and not more than once a day. If I have it for lunch I don't have it for dinner. Eat them about every other day, so on this plan, they last awhile.
hi blue
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
ut oh stomach distress I hear ya on that one. does control the eating so that at least is a benefit LOL but it feels icky to be like that.

be lazy it is good to be lazy some days and I can definitely attest to that!!!!

you are right, that isn't horrible, compared to 'junk eating' but honestly, when I super LC like with 10-20 nc, if I eat into the 50 NC range I bloat to the max.

I guess I am realizing, and this hard to say in all reality with the old brain saying NO NO NO, I think I am one of those carb sensitive people. I do so well very LC....when I up I bloat to the max if cals. are not controlled BIG time.

and if I control cals. big time, it means little food in the day.

UGH.

I gotta be facing facts. I will get my head around it

you did good on your holiday. and I am thankful as heck it is ALL over. tired of the stinking holidays always wrapped around FUN and FOOD. used to whiz thru, now I am on a ledge looking down into carb blowout LOL

but it will never be the way it was before. I know that. Now to find that killer instinct to move forward. I am fighting with myself. stupid battle ALSO I might add LOL
hi trig
Old 05-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Good Morning!

Sun is coming up and it's going to be a beautiful day!

Berta...just forget about the little slip yesterday. It's one day and you will get back on plan. I, too, went off the rails yesterday. We bought some yummy bread at Panera and I ate a good bit of that with dinner. My sister and I also got peanut butter milkshakes and drank them while walking our 5 miles on the rail trail! I don't regret a thing. I've had a nice time with my sister and yes, it involved food. That's life!

I'm heading for the golf course in a couple hours. Should be a fun day as long as I don't let myself get upset about the way I play. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean a thing. Silly game!

Have to tell you all...on Saturday I put on a new dress & wedge sandals that make me feel like a million bucks. I wore them to go shopping and out to dinner with my sister. Anyway, we went to this little clothing store where we like to shop. It's owned by a very nice man who is ALWAYS there and it's one of those personal service stores..you know...you tell him what you're looking for and he runs and gets it, puts it in the dressing room...love it. When we walked in he said "WOW....you're melting! You look great!" Nothing like having someone who is into clothes and fashion telling you that you look great! Ego boost for sure! His little store is jam packed with beautiful things. I bought 2 light weight sweaters and my sister picked up 4 or 5 items. Happens every time we go in there!

Ok.....time for another cup of coffee. Have a fabulous day!
hi lori
Old 05-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Hi GoBahn! Hope you had a great weekend!
Old 05-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Goba---hope everything is doing well with you

-----for me I noticed I am slacking off the bagels even. My one and only true standby and use is the rye bread. I do everything with it and honestly can stand the texture and taste the best. bagels come second but I notice I am not jumping on them like I used to. I almost made a pizza, then stopped. honestly the crust is OK, but it just isn't pizza crust so I am thinking why bother. scraping toppings is the way to go for me and saves me money lol

it is just a matter of weeding thru what helps you get thru this mess. the rye means sandwich. I needed that. something to pile on things and enjoy the whole mess in my hands

I shipped in heat, like what, 3 weeks ago with no ice. came fine.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Gobah! How are you doing? Since you're still here, I always think you're doing better than not.

I can only speak from my experience, which is that in the past when I fall off the wagon, I fall off big time. I don't check in, I don't weigh myself, I go into some kind of crazy denial, till I've gained a wallop of weight back.

So help me, not going to do that this time NOT going back. And every time I write this out, it helps me. Hope the same is true for you.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #438
Berta48

[I] have the Dinner rolls, cinnamon & everything bagels in my cart.I saw some Dixe Diner Carb Counters Instant Mashers I was intrested in. Has anyone ever tried that brand?
5gms net carbs.

The chocolate pecan cake was dry, dry, dry.IF I ever make it again I will definetely add oil or butter.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:14 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I took an extra day off work, so I'm enjoying a leisurely morning. Peeked at the scale this morning and it shows I'm up 1.5 lbs, but no worries. I have a feeling the 4 lite beers yesterday at the golf course plus extra carbs this weekend are the culprits. It'll be gone soon, I'm sure. I sure got enough exercise this weekend. Walked 7 miles on the golf course Saturday, 5 miles on the rail trail Sunday and 7 miles on the course again yesterday. I was SO tired last night. I thought about going to boot camp this morning, but I decided to just have a day of rest today. We're going out to dinner with some friends tonight...not sure what I'll be hungry for. Lots of yummy choices at the place we're going.

It's only 7:15 and I have my 2nd load of laundry spinning already! I love getting an early start to my day. Maybe I'll have time for a nap this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:35 AM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Take that nap Lori. best thing for ya makes you feel great since tomorrow you start hard again! days off are wonderful!!

------well people. I am bloated. the usual.

today I start induction.

got a ton to do on the road. busy busy. gotta feed critters and hit the road and get it all done.

stopping at grocery. everything induction I ate when I started. gonna AGAIN give this a try...but this time I AM MORE in tune cause I chatted with myself. who am I fooling???? not me LOL. I know what needs to be done and I have to do it....so I will give it a go again and see what happens.

everyone be good today and I hope the meat sales are good at the store
Old 05-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Hi Gobah! How are you doing? Since you're still here, I always think you're doing better than not.

I can only speak from my experience, which is that in the past when I fall off the wagon, I fall off big time. I don't check in, I don't weigh myself, I go into some kind of crazy denial, till I've gained a wallop of weight back.

So help me, not going to do that this time NOT going back. And every time I write this out, it helps me. Hope the same is true for you.
Well said. Yep, just the fact that someone is still posting, shows that they still haven't thrown the towel in. Check my Backsliding thread for my latest reports from hanging out around the pool in the desert.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #442
Berta48

Hello Everyone
I was up again today. When will this end? I am so seriously considering doing another round OF RXHCG that is how I got to where I am now except I was down to 239.8 BUT started out at 275.8. I really enjoy all the meat and fatty things but seems that it just isn't getting me any place.

It has been six weeks and I have only lost 4lbs now. I would have lost 4 lbs in 4 days on the HCG Protocol. I just am so undecided right now. I have to wait two more weeks before I can do another round of HCG so I will continue with LC WOE and see where I get to. I am doing Induction this week.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hello Everyone
I was up again today. When will this end? I am so seriously considering doing another round OF RXHCG that is how I got to where I am now except I was down to 239.8 BUT started out at 275.8. I really enjoy all the meat and fatty things but seems that it just isn't getting me any place.

It has been six weeks and I have only lost 4lbs now. I would have lost 4 lbs in 4 days on the HCG Protocol. I just am so undecided right now. I have to wait two more weeks before I can do another round of HCG so I will continue with LC WOE and see where I get to. I am doing Induction this week.
darn it. thyroid?

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 05-27-2014 at 03:09 PM..
Old 05-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Lori---Man, you sure get your exercise in! And no matter how much they say exercise isn't the best weight loss tool, it sure can allow you more treats w/out big consequences, imo.

Trigger---Good luck with induction week! We can do anything for a week or so, right? Would just love to see you get some of that appetite suppression back, as well as dulling those cravings---that sweet spot you know exists, because you've been there!

Gobah---Do read your thread sometimes, feel like I'm getting to know you peeps over there. So busy lately, haven't kept up, but I'll catch up w/you soon.

Berta---I know it can be discouraging. Don't really know what RXHCG is so can't comment on that. LC is not for everyone, but glad you're giving it a bit longer.

BTW, I had refrigerated the left overs from your berry "soft serve" and had the remaining 1/3 of a cup today, and it was a refreshing treat on a hot and humid day. Will be making this again, now that I know I can make more and keep it in the fridge. I like getting more protein from the cottage cheese.

I'm so w/Trigger in that I'm glad to have the holiday past, as much as I enjoyed it, and be back to my own home cooking and choices. Did pretty well out to eat last night, a bit of fried calamari and the pickled beets in the cobb salad cost me some, but basically it was a good LC Day.

Up 2 pounds this AM, but it will go away. I can feel my new place and it's 178 to 179, even if it tops that now and then. Last night I wore some capris that were pretty snug when I bought them, and they were definitely better last night, and that was right out of the dryer.

Off to a nice big salad for dinner, one of my faves---hungries are gone today!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #445
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
darn it. thyroid?
Yes I take thyroid meds. But just can't seem to get past that 239.8.
I am not able to do any exercise except some very slow walking as I am on disability due to degenerative bone disease & Rhuemetoid Arthritis.Also no cartiledge in my knees they are bone on bone,getting old is NOT fun
Old 05-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Berta---something else I wanted to put out there for your consideration is that I've been on LC for 15 months and lost 47 pounds, which averages out to about 3.5 pounds a month, but it sure didn't come off all even like that. Some months there was a whoosh, other months hardly a dribble, or flat out nothing.

But 15 months later, that weight is GONE GIRL, and it all seemed to have gone by in a blink in retrospect. Particularly for we older gals, patience is necessary.

But also I guess I would ask you if you like LC enough to make it a way of life. One way or the other whatever you choose is going to have to be sustainable. You may lose faster on some other woe but can you maintain it? These are the questions we all mull over when trying to choose our best options to eat for our health---AND our enjoyment!

Good day for me. Business was intense, but positive. Lots accomplished and decided and that always feels good.

Now that it's really spring/summer all the food trucks are out, and boy, it's just one carby delight after another parked up and down the streets of downtown Minneapolis. So while my colleagues all plunged down to the streets to find the truck/yummies of their choice, I went and got a Greek Salad on the skyway. Believe me, there is nothing in all those trucks that's good for me. (I DO have a fave truck, and Thai sandwich on a baguette I used to eat twice a week before I went LC. AND, I will have one or two this summer, don't know when, but this is a treat I will allow myself and pay the price)

Tonight, Hubby's chicken peanut soup, which I SO love. Maybe a steamed artichoke with it, maybe a tuna cheesy on a GLCBC dinner roll. Haven't decided yet, both sound good to me, and that's a good thing!

I am reminded again today, after a couple days of the hungries, now past, that this woe satisfies me 98% of the time. Don't think it gets much better than that!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #447
Berta48

blue
Yes you are right.I am not the most patient person. I was so use to losing 1-2 lbs a day with the RXHCG tht I feel I am n ot getting any where.But I also have always heard slower is better.
I have decided to go ahead and stick with this WOE for now.I was down 1.4 today.But I think I am going to have eat clean for quite sometime. Not eat any LC BRead and such.I would really like to but I am concerned that is why I am not losing. I have been eating Almond Flour recipes from time to time,and I think since I have alot to loose yet I need to just stick as close to INDUCTION as possible.

Maybe if I have a piece of LC bread on days I eat zero carbs except for that, it might be okay. This WOE is all brand new to me.I am not hungry and I like the food I can have.

I still have around 85 lbs to loose. So I am hoping for a nice loss in the morning too.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #448
Berta48

Blue
I just ordered the dinner rolls and cinnamon bagles and rye bread.Going to give them a shot.I wont eat them everyday but once in awhile will be nice.On the days I plan on zero carbs except them. Bagels & cream cheese ohhhh I hope they are good!
Old 05-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Got up my normal, crazy time this morning(4:30), had a cup of coffee and waited for DH to get up as we made plans to go out running this morning at 5:30. I'm getting him back to exercising a bit, even though his part time job is quite active. We're starting slowly with more walking than running and will increase time as we go along. We both love being out in the early morning air....lovely.

Stepped on the scale this morning and the 1.5 lbs from Tuesday have gone. I'm back to my profile weight. I may weigh in tomorrow and if it's good news, use that for my weekly weigh in since the Holiday kind of had me goofed up. We'll see. All in all, I'm happy to be maintaining. I still have another 20-25 lbs that I'd like to lose, but if it happens, it happens.

Cloudy day today. It was spitting a few drops of rain while we were running this morning. I was planning to go out for lunch, but it turns out that we'll be working short-handed this afternoon so I may not be able to get away. Same for tomorrow.

Back to work for me......have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #450
Berta48

Good Morning Everyone
Today I was down .8 so I am going in the right direction again, finally.
I have decided to eat Induction except for the occsionaly LCBread I ordered. I am anxious to try it. The sound of cream cheese and cinnamon bagle is sounding heavenly to me right now. Actully I don't miss bread but I just want something different for Breakfast.... bacon & eggs, ham & eggs, sausage & eggs, gets just a tad old after awhile although it tastes good each time I eat it. If you know what I mean?

Lori
I am happy for your loss you have done great. I wish I were a morning person.I just never have been. I am a night owl so I sleep later in the mornings. By the time I have my bible reading done, breakfast eaten and dishes done it is time for me to start working.I work from home and love it(most of the time). I only work like ten hours a week and sometimes less, it is up to me how many I want to put in.

Well I guess it is time for me to start my work. It is noon ad I have to go shopping today after 3:00 so tht only gives me a few hours o get in today!
I hope everyone has a great day and geat losses!!!!

Hello to Blue,Trigger&GoBashan