Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi all.

Pretty late Sunday night check in. Can't believe how fast this weekend went, and I have a humdinger of a week ahead, so I'm particularly having a hard time letting this weekend go.

Lori---So happy to hear you're getting good feed back on your "melting" self. You are SO active and make so many efforts on the exercise front that as I've said before, I really admire. Glad it's paying off.

Berta---Good thinking on the planning w/the pork steak! And congrats on the 1.5 down.

Gobah---You are a sweetie pie. And often a giver here. I appreciate that. You take the time to note what other posters have said and respond. Love that.

Trigger---where ya been girl? Missing you.

As for me, good weekend. Relaxing and full of friends and family. My son took me out for dinner tonight for a belated Mother's day, as he had to work last weekend. We had the most lovely dinner together, and some really good conversation. It's sometimes hard to catch your young adult children for long enough to find out what they're really about. I was lucky to do so tonight.

Bounced up 3 pounds today, but I'm not in the least worried about it. I did well out to eat both nights, except for the fact that we never know what we're eating when we eat out. Did my best, and that's going to have to be good enough.

I absolutely do best when I can control exactly what I'm eating, and if I were in a huge darn rush to lose these last 10 pounds, I'd never go out to eat. But, I'm not that much in a rush, and I understand that this is an ongoing experiment in a lifestyle---but for me, no lifestyle is going to be w/out nights out on the town w/family and loved ones---so again, we do the best we can.

So, all in all, I'm feeling good tonight, despite the bounce up. And I consider that progress. I know that bounce up will be gone in a couple of days, if not by tomorrow. Losing more, well that's the ongoing journey, and I'm on it!

Gobah---You're a sweetie pie. Glad to

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2014, 01:47 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Monday morning all!

Blue...sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I'm with you on the being in no rush to lose those last pounds. I refuse to give up eating out and socializing in order to lose quickly.

I had a good weekend on the golf course. I didn't play particularly well on Saturday, but played pretty well in the tournament yesterday. My team came in 2nd. When I got home from the course, we had a graduation party to go to at our neighbors. Got home from that and did 2 loads of laundry before bedtime. Busy day!

Heading back to boot camp this morning. Feels like it's been more than a week since I've been there. I hate missing that many days, but it's not something you can do if you're not feeling well.

Slow week at work coming up, so I'll be popping in here to check on you all. Have a good one!
Old 05-19-2014, 03:32 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
busy busy and more busy

did I say I was busy lately

we took down to massive dead trees behind the little horse barn. I am so glad they are gone. alot of clean up work happening. so lucky we have the backhoe for this type of work. I can't even imagine the cost of paying for those 2 huge trees to come down. saved alot on that one.

working on pool, yard, trees, getting rv ready etc. just seems like a million things are happening. had a bridal shower yesterday. fun time. ate some tater chips with french dip. OMG addictive. didn't eat anything all day and just a few chips. had a nice steak last night so I did good at least not eating alot in the day.

I have ice cream on my mind. I actually thought last night about going to the store and buying my ben and jerry phish food choc. ice cream at about 9:30 pm. THAT is not good if I am thinking of really doing it. I almost had the keys in my hand to hit the road and go get it . I gotta watch me. No kidding. I see backslide written all over me for some reason!!!!!!

It seems like I can't get down the scale, why the heck not just go back UP?

well of course I can't let that happen and it won't.

still struggling a bit on how to handle all this and keep myself in line. I was doing so well, where things changed I actually don't know. But as usual, going back isn't an option!! So I will find a way to make this all work.

doing ok, just gotta find my way a bit.

at the bridal shower, me and my 2 friends were the thinnest seriously, I checked out the others and everyone was HEAVY. little (hmmmm) 12 year old friend's daughter there was huge. I know it isn't cool to say this about kids but she was just about as tall as me (5'8) and she was bigger than me and she is 12. It truly made me think about how this eating in this world today has gotten SO OUT of hand it is insanity. How the children are affected is horrible.

so being in a group, seeing what the SAD diet is doing to people kinda gave me a boost thinking that it is time to own up to my own menu.

so we shall see what the next week brings on my mental state LOL

off to ride today. up to the mountains. got new shoes on Miss Thing horse and we are ready to go. shouldn't be too hot, big old storm came thru and cooled things. rest of week to be brutal tho. hot days are finally coming now.

everyone hold their own!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #394
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Well Berta....I salute you for that 1.5 pounds of whatever it was that clung to you and made you feel bad...and less than the obvious beauty that you possess, both outwardly and inwardly....So here's to you my beautiful LCF comrade "Take my hand...take my whole heart too...cuz I can't wait sayin goodbye to one point five too..."
Thanks
Liked your poem I write poems someitmes.But it has been quite awhile since I have.I written many to my beloved husband!!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #395
Berta48

Hi Gang
Well I stayed the same today. I am actually happy as I had my first cheat last night on purpose since starting a month ago today, I ate a slice of cake at a dinner last night. Whipped cream frosting with strawberries baked into the cake and cream cheese on each layer with the whipped cream and strawberries between each layer.It was delicious!

BUT as I said it's one month today and I have lost 9inches over all. So that is a good thing.

Blue Skies
You comment about not being able to tell people things. That is so true.DH took me out for breakfast Sat morning and I ordered 2eggs and 2 sides of bacon.The waitesss looked at me and said two sides of bacon? I said yes please.She said do you realize there is 4 pieces to each side? I said no I didn't but that's fine.That is what I want please.

I orderd the sides as I breakfast comes with hasbrowns and toast.I knew if those were in front of me they would end up inside of me.

I did order the Carbquick and some LC BBQ sauce and some thing else but I don't recall what it was.LOL It is suppose to arrive today!! I'm hoping I can put some on my catfish we are having for dinner tonight if it arrives in time!!

I don't recalll who but osmeone said they were wanting ice cream I have a recipe that is really really good. It does not sound good BUT I PROMISE it is!!!I haven't made any since starting LC WOE but soe of oyu are far enought anlong you probaly would be okay with it. here it is .It is a George Stella recipe (Have to give credit where credit is due)

2cups frozen berries
1cup ricotta or cottage cheese
1tbs SF vanilla extract. Sweetner of choice to taste
Place all in blender / food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.It is just like soft serve ice cream NO FOOLIN!!!!

If you try it PLEASE let me know how you liked or didn't like it.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Lori---Congrats on 2nd in your golf match! Never have golfed myself, but understand the spell it casts on some. You couldn't ask for a healthier, better sport in terms of being able to play it long into your life. My dad was quite the golfer, so is my bro.

Trigger---Sounds like you've been really active, between tending your property and riding. This is SO good. This is moving and burning energy in ways that IMO, are natural and what we love, like or need to do.

GOOD JOB, on NOT going out after that ice cream! It only promises temporary happiness, and long term unhappiness and poor health. I really liked your story about the shower. There are A LOT of overweight Americans out there, and I was once, twice, three times one of them. NO MORE.

The other day my colleague and I took a break from our edit schedule and went to sit in the sun for awhile, on the steps of the building we edit in, downtown. We started to count the people who were past a tad overweight who walked past us. At LEAST 5 out of every 10.

I do NOT say this out of any sense of superiority, as I have been overweight many times in my life. I say it out of a SENSE OF RELIEF, that I've left that behind, and I'm working hard to make sure it STAYS BEHIND ME.

Berta---Wow, I think your "ice cream recipe sounds really good, and I'm going to try it.
Couple of questions. Do you prefer it w/ricotta or cottage cheese? No chilling or freezing necessary? How many servings does this make?

The only fruit I eat these days is pretty much berries. This will work fine for me, if I like it, just have to figure out portions.

HUGE congrats on 9 inches gone! This is not a short journey, it's a long and wondrous journey, and frankly, in a way, slow but sure is best for so many reasons. Gives your body the chance to adapt, and you mind the chance to get smarter and smarter at this.

This is an incredibly busy week for me. Styled for 8 hours today, will shoot all day tomorrow and the next day. I welcome these times. I'm off the computer, and off my butt and running like crazy, doing what I love to do.

Good day on the woe too. Having a "Rueben" for dinner as I type, on my Trader Joes 4 NCs a slice bread, no sauerkraut. Don't like it.

Rare morning for me, as I did not weigh in. Reason being, I'm really plugged up, have been for several days. Don't know why, maybe because I've cut my carbs per day a bit.
But still taking a mag supplement every night which has long worked for me, as LC constipated me from the get go. I dunno why it's happening now, but I know it when I feel it.

Anyway, I'm feeling SO positive about this woe today. Am in my sweet spot right now, love it when that happens.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #397
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Well Berta....I salute you for that 1.5 pounds of whatever it was that clung to you and made you feel bad...and less than the obvious beauty that you possess, both outwardly and inwardly....So here's to you my beautiful LCF comrade "Take my hand...take my whole heart too...cuz I can't wait sayin goodbye to one point five too..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Lori---Congrats on 2nd in your golf match! Never have golfed myself, but understand the spell it casts on some. You couldn't ask for a healthier, better sport in terms of being able to play it long into your life. My dad was quite the golfer, so is my bro.

Trigger---Sounds like you've been really active, between tending your property and riding. This is SO good. This is moving and burning energy in ways that IMO, are natural and what we love, like or need to do.

GOOD JOB, on NOT going out after that ice cream! It only promises temporary happiness, and long term unhappiness and poor health. I really liked your story about the shower. There are A LOT of overweight Americans out there, and I was once, twice, three times one of them. NO MORE.

The other day my colleague and I took a break from our edit schedule and went to sit in the sun for awhile, on the steps of the building we edit in, downtown. We started to count the people who were past a tad overweight who walked past us. At LEAST 5 out of every 10.

I do NOT say this out of any sense of superiority, as I have been overweight many times in my life. I say it out of a SENSE OF RELIEF, that I've left that behind, and I'm working hard to make sure it STAYS BEHIND ME.

Berta---Wow, I think your "ice cream recipe sounds really good, and I'm going to try it.
Couple of questions. Do you prefer it w/ricotta or cottage cheese? No chilling or freezing necessary? How many servings does this make?

The only fruit I eat these days is pretty much berries. This will work fine for me, if I like it, just have to figure out portions.

HUGE congrats on 9 inches gone! This is not a short journey, it's a long and wondrous journey, and frankly, in a way, slow but sure is best for so many reasons. Gives your body the chance to adapt, and you mind the chance to get smarter and smarter at this.

This is an incredibly busy week for me. Styled for 8 hours today, will shoot all day tomorrow and the next day. I welcome these times. I'm off the computer, and off my butt and running like crazy, doing what I love to do.

Good day on the woe too. Having a "Rueben" for dinner as I type, on my Trader Joes 4 NCs a slice bread, no sauerkraut. Don't like it.

Rare morning for me, as I did not weigh in. Reason being, I'm really plugged up, have been for several days. Don't know why, maybe because I've cut my carbs per day a bit.
But still taking a mag supplement every night which has long worked for me, as LC constipated me from the get go. I dunno why it's happening now, but I know it when I feel it.

Anyway, I'm feeling SO positive about this woe today. Am in my sweet spot right now, love it when that happens.
You can eat it as soon as it's made. You can freeze it but it gets really hard so it has to thaw first.But it never lasts long enough to put into the freezer.The recipe says 8 servings but 2c of berries that would actually only be 4 at 1/2 c each and the cottage cheese is what we use never have made it with ricotta. for one cup taht would be 2 serving at 1/2cup each. So I would say 4 servings would be good enough.
Nutrition Information...This is for 8 servings.

Calories: 40 Fat: 0 Net Carbs: 5 Fiber: 1 Protein: 3

Here's another one of George Stella's recipes...

Raspberry Drop SconesRecipe by: George Stella
Category: breakfasts

Serves: 6
Prep time: 5 mins

Cook time: 15 mins

Total time: 20 mins

Ingredients
2 large eggs, beaten until frothy
1 cup almond flour
⅓ cup bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1˝ teaspoons baking powder
1˝ teaspoons vanilla extract
˝ cup fresh raspberries
Instructions
1.Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2.In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the raspberries, and mix well to create a batter.
3.Gently fold the raspberries into the batter and use a tablespoon to drop 6 evenly spaced scones on the lined pan (about 2 heaping tablespoons for each scone).
4.Bake for about 15 minutes until scones begin to lightly brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the parchment paper and serving warm.
Nutrition Information

Calories: 125 Fat: 9.5 Net Carbs: 3 Fiber: 2.5 Protein: 5.5

I have not made one of his recipes I haven't liked.I just orderd his new cookbook.It is suppose to be here Wednesday!

PLEASE DO TRY the ice cream and let me know what you think.If you don't like it, I am going to be really surprised
Old 05-20-2014, 01:55 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

I love reading your posts Blue. I feel like I'm right there with you having a conversation! Hope your "problem" resolves itself soon. I know how miserable that can be.

I went to the Dr for a check up yesterday. All is well, BP good, cholesterol has come down My LDL which had been borderline really dropped, so that is good news. The only stubborn number is my Glucose, which just refuses to budge. It has been 106 for years. I asked him what more I can do to try to get it below 100. He said not to worry about it and just keep doing what I'm doing. If that number starts to creep up toward 120, then we'll worry. I just don't want to go down the diabetes road. This past weekend I just noticed a new mole on my upper chest and had him check it. He thinks it might be a basal cell cancer and wants to slice it off and send it away for testing. So, off I go tomorrow morning to let him carve on me.

I'm heading to boot camp in a few minutes and then plan to play 9 holes of golf after work. Active day! It's supposed to be mid 70's so should be quite pleasant on the course this evening.

I love the sound of the recipes Berta. I try not to eat artificial sweeteners so that cuts out dessert items for me. Thank goodness I'm more of a savory person so cutting sugar/sweetener was not too hard for me.

Have a wonderful day!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:04 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cheese soft ice cream?

wow. I swear just the thought makes me not like it, but I will definitely give it one try. cause one try might mean I have a new favorite, and if hate it, then no loss at all

----errands and off and running in just a minute.

gotta go a million places it seems. what the heck kind of life is this? where ya are on the move constantly, and not a good move ya know. errand move. not biking, riding, swimming....more like work move LOL

will survive of course.

scale not changed, in fact I am 204. not bothering changing stats cause by tomorrow I will be in the 202 range anyway. it is all bloat. bloat to the max. if I LC it, then it goes away very very quickly. duh, what can't I see here that keeps me on plan??????? I see it I just ain't doing it! SOMEONE COME KICK ME IN THE YOU KNOW WHAT PLEASE!!

it's ok. I will get a handle. as we all have too.

off I go....all ya be good
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #400
Berta48

Morning EVERYONE
Well I was down .6 today so I will take it. It sure is frustrating though seems I just can't get past that dreaded 239 place.

Trigger
Honestly I thought the very same thing,But I thought I will try it.Well we eat it alot now.I haven't since starting LC but D likes it and I fix it and our company has always liked it too. So at least give it a try. It is honeslty like soft serve icecream.

Lori
I am just the opposite(sp) I would rather have sweets than bread etc.But I like both!

Blue
I get backed up too. I take magnesium and it works in 1/2 hour or so.I buy the kind you drink it is in abottle and you drink 1/2 of it or all. Also WalMart(ours does anyway) Has a tea called Smooth Move it tastes really good and it is suppose to help.You drink a cup before bedtime, it says 6-12 hours for results.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Berta---I did not know who George Stella was, can you believe it? Darned if I don't learn something every day here. So I googled him and ended up on Amazon reading about his latest LC book which seems to be a hit. Trig, this may be the LC cook book you wanted to buy. Folks are saying the ingredients are common ones, easy to make stuff. My kind of cook book. I think I'm going to get it, so thanks for the tip Berta!!! And for the tip on the Smooth Move tea. Like the sound of that title,

Another question, do you use small or large curd cottage cheese when you make the "ice cream?" Do you think it matters? I have a very busy week, but I think I'm going to give this a "swirl" over the weekend.

Congrats on your .6 down. Think of that as a bit over 2 sticks of butter off of you!

Lori---I'm glad you enjoy my posts, thanks for saying so. I'm a bit chatty to say the least. But when I check in, I really feel like I'm talking to each of you great gals, and I enjoy it thoroughly.

Big time bravo on the good blood tests! I'm trying to get my nerve up to go in for my physical and see if mine have improved too. It's a bit over a year since I've been---Lord, Doctor visits make me anxious. Afraid that all this work and effort won't have worked for me. Silly, I know, but honestly, I'm a nervous wreck when I have a Doctor's appointment.

Trigger---So. We are in need of that paddling icon again, Or maybe a "kick you in the you know what" icon. Darlin', you can do this, you have done this, you will do this. When is up to you. Do you feel you're keeping you LC woe full of enough variety and new things? This is huge for me, which is why I will absolutely try Berta's "soft serve" ice cream, and now that it's spring, I'm feeling like trying more things---as long as they're reasonably easy and quick. George Stella, here I come.

Well, I had a very long and arduous day at my shoot today, but very rewarding. Everything went so well that I'm feeling very jazzed even though I'm very tired. Another long shoot day tomorrow with a 7am call. Blue really does not like that hour of the morning. (Although the hubby loves me even more in the early AM, because I can't even talk for at least an hour or so---he appreciates that )

On these shoots there is always a "craft table" in addition to having lunch brought in. The craft table is basically an all day snack table. I had exactly 3 potato chips today. for me. You should have seen all the treats to say no to! Then I had a boring Asian chicken salad when everyone else was diving into yummy Thai food, with lots of white rice.

Tonight will be a cheeseburger on TJ's LC bread. Not even that hungry, all things considered. Too amped up after this long and stimulating day.

I'm still 3 pounds up from my low. But I'm walking right past that, and remaining determine for now. Several cute and hunky crew members were
very generous w/their compliments about my weight loss today, and that motivates this old lady.

Wow, lollapalooza of a post huh? It's all your fault Lori. You encouraged me.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #402
Berta48

Blue
I have four of his books on my Kindle on the PC. I just recieved his new book today. He uses mostly Almond Flour in his recipes. There's a picture of great looking chocolate cake in it. I am going to try it soon! He gives the alories,servings sizes and NET Carbs, I was disappointed in that as I have read Net Carbs are not the way to go LC. But his life story is in there and his whole family has lost a humongous amount of weight. He used to weigh nearly 400lbs.
It doesn't matter what kind of Ricotta/Cottage Cheese you use just process it until it smooth and creamy with no lumps.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:56 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Net carbs are not the way to go? explain more on that one for me.

everything I do is net carbs. I always subtract the fiber content, heck if I didn't go by net carbs I would never eat anything anymore
Old 05-21-2014, 03:41 AM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Loved the post Blue...keep them coming! Sounds like you had a fab day.

I slept in till nearly 6 this morning! I don't have to be to the Dr till 8:30 to have him slice off the suspicious mole and then a quick stop at the grocery store before heading to work.

We got chased off the golf course by rain last night. Ugh....hate putting all my stuff away when it's wet. My back is so sore this morning...it's muscle soreness from boot camp, I think. Too many push ups etc the last 2 days.

My eating is going ok. I did have a choc chip cookie last night when I got home from golf. I need to get off stuff like that as I don't need it, I just "want" it. Once in a while is ok, but it's becoming a bad habit.

Ok...time to get some breakfast and then get ready to head to the Dr. Have a great Wednesday!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #405
Berta48

Morning Everyone
I was down another .8 today.So hopefully if I keep that up I will have a nice loss by the end of the week.

Trigger
I don't know how to explain it.I just have read that Net carbs isn't true carb counting, I have read it on different threads on this site and on LC sites on the Internet? I am like you if I didn't count NET carbs I wouldn't be able to eat hardly anything. I count NET!

Blue
Have you treid the soft serve yet? I am anxious to seewhat you think of it.

Lori
Hope all goes well at the Dr. today. Also there are alot of LC choc. chip cookie,recipes on the Internet.If you want one let me know and I'll get you one. My problem is I wouldn't stop with just one more than likely!!!

Hello to anyone else I may have accidentally missed!!I hope your day goes very well!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Lori---Yeah, it's a short distance between a treat and a habit, right?

Berta---congrats on the .8 down today! Add that to the .6 from yesterday, and you're on the path to losing weight---maybe slow as she goes, but she does eventually go!

Going to try to do the soft serve this weekend, too busy till then. Will absolutely let you know what I think.

Also, I know there are some purists regarding total vs. net carbs. But I've read a lot about this, and I would say net carbs is the way to go, because dietary fiber is not digested. There are those who want to slice hairs and talk about what dietary fibers MIGHT not be digested for SOME. I say Bah! Like Trig and you both said, we'd starve as bad as on low fat counting total carbs.

Short post from me tonight. Dog tired after three 10 hour work days. Did OK today at the shoot, popped a few more carb snacks today than yesterday, but nothing major. Cobb salad for lunch. Think I might be too tired to even eat dinner---although I'll probably manage something.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

WOW....I'm having a tired day. Brutal boot camp session this morning and I just can't seem to bounce back from it. My cat did get me up at 2:30 and it took me a bit to get back to sleep after I put her out, maybe that's why I'm so sleepy? I even went out for a nice lunch as I thought maybe I was just needing fuel. I had a tuna melt and a cup of vegetable soup. Was so yummy.

Weighed in and stayed the same this week. I'm fine with that as I seem to be firmly entrenched in the "80's" I was scared that I'd see that dreaded 90 again!

I've decided to cut back my boot camp schedule. I'm just feeling too beat up lately and I think it's sabotaging my weight loss. It's hard to believe, but I think I haven't been eating enough to fuel those workouts 4 days a week and my body is hanging on to the fat for dear life. I'm going to cut back to 2-3 days a week and work some light running in on other days. Plus, I walk the golf course on the weekends. I'll see how that goes. 2-3 days is what the head trainer recommends, but once you start going and enjoying it, it's easy to want to go nearly every day.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day. I have 4 hrs to go and just wish I could go home and go to bed. How sad is that?

Hugs all around!
Old 05-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #408
Berta48

Morning Everyone
Just wanted to say hello and see how everyone is doing.
I was down today .6 so seems I am finally losing.

Has anyone here have or ever had your legs to ache due to eating LC? My legs have been aching pretty much all the time lately and I am just wondering why?I take a multi -vitamin everyday plus other things but I am not taking any potassium.Just wonder what your thoughts are on this?

Hope you all have a great day.

Lori
I made an egg drop soup the other day that was really tasty. I used chicken broth and soy sauce and Thick-It-Up( from Netrition) to thicken it and then beat two eggs and drizzled them into the boiling broth.It was really good. I think I might add a little green onion and mushroom next time.That would be like they serve in a Chinese Restauraunt.
Did you make your soup?
Old 05-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

fast check in cause dead tired

big old trail ride on horse. she was perfect. went down monster hill, saddle ended up sliding up her neck LOL...she did nothing. then my cinch slipped and I was riding without a girth. HAHA...no problem, stopped, fixed it and on we went. She is wide enough where the saddle just stayed on and I am balanced rider, so we rode like 10 minutes wtihout a girth holding on the saddle HAHA...crazy stuff. 2 black snakes. no rattlers which I sure don't want to see tho (or hear that rattle )

worked on pool. 3 kids swimming. worked my business. blew up floats. worked outside. worked inside. fed everyone. now I have 2 pork chops with my name on them in the oven.

lc all the way. slowly dropping that stinking bloat feeling.

off I go to chill. just tired, plain stinking tired. huge weekend coming also.

everyone be good!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wanted to add thank goodness for that rye bread. we bring lunch cause we leave early and don't eat to ride. I bring a big old honking turkey sandwich with mayo on my rye bread. It saves the day. we just eat on trail

Last edited by Trigger828; 05-22-2014 at 03:43 PM..
Old 05-22-2014, 06:30 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Lori---seems there's three of us pretty tired around here today. I think w/all your golf and walking, cutting down to 3 times a week for boot camp sounds like a good idea. When I was in my exercise like mad period I noticed that there was a point of diminishing returns, at least at my age. If I did 6 workouts a week, 45 - 60 minutes per, I was sore and tired all the time. If I did 4 times a week, I felt a lot better.

Berta - Yes, leg cramps are very common on a low carb woe. I never got them, but have read about it often. Easy solution. Have a cup of chicken broth every day or the other. You can even add cream, lemon, salt and pepper and it's YUMMY. Google leg cramps w/LC woe, and you'll find a bunch of articles that rec a cup of chicken broth, as does Dr. Michael Eades, a LC expert I respect.

Trigger---Wow, it's so nice to hear you having so much fun on that horse! She sounds like a dandy. Good work on those LC turkey sandies. Are you getting a bit more in LC swing of it again? And you have your pool open! Again, so jelly.

So Lori, Trig and me are all dog tired today. I had morning meetings, then swooped through hardees for a cheeseburger lettuce wrap, came home and did a bit more work, then flopped on the sofa and took a 2 hour nap! The sun was shining through the windows on me, so warm and nice, and it felt so good.

I have terrible shin splints from 3 days of pounding cement floors at the studios. Doesn't matter what shoes I wear, it's always bad. Honestly, I'm walking like a little old lady when I get up, till I get going and warm 'em up.

Had a fab dinner tonight. A sirloin steak w/a scoop of garlic and herb butter melted on top w/fried onions, and a tomato, basil, pine nut, AND Burrata mozzarella cheese salad w/balsamic vinegar and oil. I'm telling you gals, that Burrata mozzarella is heaven---it's infused with cream! So great on this kind of salad.

Dropped 2 pounds this AM. Another pound and a half to my low. Regular again, so that helps. For as sore as my legs are, wouldn't be surprised if I'm retaining extra water in those muscles.

Hope y'all had a good LC day. I did today, and it always strikes me how much better I feel when I eat really clean.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #411
Berta48

Blue
My legs aren't cramping per say they just ache.Is that the same thing? I will try the broth I love it anyway!!!

CONGRATULATIONS 2 lbs is awesome.
I would be estatic!!!!!

I had the toppings from a Pizz Hut pepperoni pizza tonight 3 slices. I hope that won't make me gain.
I too was so tired I just didn't want to cook so DH ordered Pizza
Old 05-23-2014, 03:10 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Great loss Blue! Hope your sore legs recover quickly.

I'm feeling a bit guilty about not going to boot camp this morning, but I sure loved the extra sleep! Feeling so low yesterday led to a carb fest I'm afraid. I had bread for lunch and then DH and I went to Panera Bread for dinner. I had a gift card to use. More bread and part of a cinnamon scone. Today is going to be VERY low carb to compensate.

My sister is coming tomorrow afternoon and will stay till Monday. I have a golf tournament tomorrow morning and then we will head out for some shopping and a yummy dinner. I'm going to try to stay tight on plan until dinner tomorrow night. Sunday we will just hang out and maybe cook some chicken on the grill for dinner. We may go for a nice walk on the rail trail nearby too.

Ok...time to fry up some eggs for breakfast and look past the leftover cinnamon scone!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #413
Berta48

Happy Memorial Week End To Everyone!
Till Tuesday!!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone.

Nice Friday for me, day off at home to tie up details and get other stuff done after an incredibly busy, demanding, but good week.

I would be more excited about the 2 pound drop if it was to a new low, but alas, it's just more of the eternal bounce, still---glad to have it gone. For now.

Good LC day so far, and Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, so the tracker will come in well. I've pretty much given up any hope of my overly optimistic goal of 175 by the time of our next get away, weekend of June 13. Not going to happen. But 177 to 178 would be nice. Just bobbing along doing what I can to lose, but if maintaining is what I get, I'll take it. But only for now, or until I really believe that my body is really done losing. I don't believe that yet.

Patience. Patience. Patience. Worth repeating three times because I still struggle with it!

I'm around this weekend, and will be posting. Looks like it might be another case of serial Blue posts, hope not, but if so, oh well. At least for now, checking in is an important part of my LC woe. Good or bad, I gotta do it. Gotta stay connected to my daily call.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:30 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I so agree on the patience level of these food changes we made. patience working thru it--the body letting go of some lbs, the mind still coming to terms with restrictions, (for me on that one still ). We defintely can get thru this!

maintaing up and down is what I am doing. I ate ice cream last night. I TOOK HUBBY grocery shopping. I had to rein him in like a kid. He wanted everything he saw cause he never grocery shops. Instead of donuts I talked him out of getting, he grabbed ice cream. Double chocolate with chunks of chocolate and this malt flavored chocolate running thru it. OMG! My downfall to the max. IT WAS DELISH. I controlled myself which is rare but that stinker is still in the freezer calling my name. I gotta find that backbone I lost

no loss for me. just stagnated. which is ok vs. gaining it all back.

very very annoying my 14s are tight tho yet the motivation is not there to get into them enough to really work my lc to the full benefit. I was 2 nc total for the day!! for the day, til night and my ice cream hit. 37 nc for 1/2 cup. I know I had a bit more than a cup so it blew it big time. well I shall live.

busy day. going to look at golf carts. been wanting one for our toyhauler to take camping. might spend some big money today, might not

everyone hold strong. I will be around Blue also, so you won't be chatting alone to no one LOL
Old 05-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Trig---Sometimes it's just harder than others. We were in the same place last night. After a very clean LC day, I all of a sudden had huge cravings for chips and salsa. Put a bunch in a bowl, w/some salsa---and then gave them to my hubby who was watching a movie I wasn't interested in. Then I ran into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and jumped in bed w/my book. Thankfully I was tired so I fell asleep pretty quickly, but I was thinking about those chips and maybe going in to get some as I floated off, LOL.

I think I was able to resist because of going to Madison in a couple of weeks, you know me and my mini goals, and I really want to be as down as I can be because I'm sure there will be off plan treats. And, seeing a bunch of folks and will feel great feeling slimmer. Last year when we went I weighed about 20 pounds more than I do now. Had already lost 15 to 20 and remember feeling so good about that. And now it's twice as much and seems like the year flew by.

For you it's sweets, for me it's savory, and I actually use sweet flavors to dull my appetite because I can't eat much of it. In fact, off to the grocery store to get the makings for Berta's "soft serve" after I write this. I'll let you know what I think. But it sure won't be as glorious as the flavor you got. Malted anything, I love.

Maintaining is good, just not great. But keeping the weight you've lost off IS GREAT. And as I've said to you before, don't forget to give yourself credit for that! You deserve it.
Glad you're around this weekend, nice not to be by myself here.

Well, good news for me. NEW NUMBER this AM for the first time in weeks and weeks.
178.5. So I changed my stats this time. I usually wait, because it always bounces back up. But I decided this time to take the reward of seeing that new number in my profile and hope it motivates me to stay nice and clean on plan for the next couple of weeks.

Have to go to a graduation party in the neighborhood this PM. Just going to do a short drop in, say my howdies and congrats, and come back here and make that soft serve!
So hopefully I will glide right past the food table treats, and get the heck out of there before anything grabs me. Feeling a bit "wobbly" still, hungries are still here today. Bah, they come and go. Going to ignore them.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #417
Berta48

Good Afternoon
Blue & Trigger
I'm still around. Since it's just DH and me at home anymore we don't get out much! We had company last night I fixed baked thcik pork chops bt put canola oil in the pan to cook them in. and had zuchinnie,squash,mushrooms,& onions steamed then put butter, thyme,& cooked chopped bacon in it and mixed it all up that wa really good too!
First tiem I ate a few strawberries on my LC 1/2c Bryeres vanlla ice cream. that's all I ate.
Then I was up 1.2 yesterday & .6 today.So I am up & down again! I get to that lower number and up I go. SO frustrating but have to hang in there as you said!!

Seem I can't get past theat 239.8 which is my lowest yet.

we are having a friend over Monday that is alone and cooking on the grill watching movies all day I'm having ribs.We like them alot,so I guess I'll make deviled eggs and not sure what else yet
It's suppose to rain but we have our grill inside on our screened in porch so it won't really matter to us. I love that place it is my resting/alone time place LOL

What your guys plans if any?
Old 05-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Berta---Just made your "soft serve" ice cream and it's quite good! Very refreshing. I made mine w/frozen blackberries and I would describe it as tasting like a yogurt/cheese cake berry soft serve. Tangy and not too sweet,
which I like---although you could certainly make it sweeter by adding more sweetener.

When I make it again I'm going to blend a bit less, as I liked the chunks of frozen blackberry and would have liked more. I also need to make less, even though I halved the recipe. It's very filling for me. Ate a half cup and that's all I need. Thanks for this tip!

Back from the neighborhood graduation party, and wouldn't you know I ended up sitting at a table with a huge bowl of chips and salsa stationed right in front of me, LOL, as if to say, you're not done being tempted yet, girl! It was the only open seat, honestly. So I ate about five, breaking off tiny bits and dipping in salsa. Had two mini frankfurters w/mustard, and that was it. Then the berry soft serve for a bit of dessert. Not too bad at all.

Glad to be home for dinner. Will make a nice salad, or maybe some salmon egg salad sandwiches on GLCBC dinner rolls. Just got them today, haven't tried them yet, and I'm pretty curious.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Berta----didn't see your post as we were writing in at the same time---came here just to tell you I tried your dessert, see my post above.

The dinner you made last night sounds like it was really delish. Was the Bryers the low carb stuff? Can't find that around here, although I did see some Bryers Vanilla, no sugar added at the store today. Carb count wasn't bad, but didn't now if this was the carb smart.

I bounce my way up and down too. Today I had my first new number in weeks, it gets slower as you get closer to goal. Try not to let the scale frustrate you, although I know it's hard. Keep taking your measurements!

Oh and for w/the ribs, check out Linda Sue's Texas sweet onion pie. Easy to make and fantastic w/steaks or ribs. My family loves it.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:11 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey Berta---you still around this holiday weekend cool
the board usually gets a bit slow these times, everyone off doing their fun thing.

pork. pork for some reason makes me gain, but in the long run you lose. any pork like chops and ribs always gains me....pork is dense or something, so just roll thru that. just stay eating LC and that stupid number on the scale will move for ya definitely!!!

Blue, I am sending ya a big old box of Tostitos and dip in the mail! HAHA just to test ya. boy you got followed by those chips!!! Good for you for not diving in. a taste is good, a giant bowl of it is not lol

today won't be stellar for me. a few beers are planned which is ok. I will just stagnate at my number still and hold on.

going to mom and dads. we bought a monster float for the kids. tie off the dock. I will be sunbathing and swimming today. we do memorial day today, tomorrow will be resting and a usual day. today is cheeseburgers/hot dogs on the grill. easy for me. just 2 burgers with no bun of course. usual lc. few beers on the dock. eating bacon in the morning to hold me good thru the day. just a fun slow day without alot of 'unforbibben' foods in the mix so I should do well at least. won't get down the scale, but won't be a big gain either so that makes me calmer.

gonna start induction tomorrow. gonna hit the grocery and get EVERY SINGLE thing I used to eat when I started induction. AND ALOT OF IT gonna make my sugar free jello, a few of them, to have on hand. I have to break this small cycle of carb eating. I always want more and more. gotta somehow get a clean start here. maybe that will get my head in the game again ???? gotta try all I can when I can. sounding like a broken record tho and it is annoying me, but only I can change it of course.

everyone have fun today!!!! beautiful hot carolina blue skies here 'blue skies' HAHA