Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #361
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
I was going to order frm Netrition but here is the price for shipping..Since the items were heat sensitive they suggested I order 2 day shipping. I had check 3 days. Have you ever recieved a shipment during warm weather?
Available Shipping Methods Cost
UPS Ground (3 business days) $4.95
UPS Next Day Air (delivered by 10.30AM)
Remote locations delivered by end of next business day.
UPS Next Day Air packages shipped on Friday will be delivered on Monday. $46.36
UPS Next Day Air Saver (delivered by end of business day)
UPS Next Day Air Saver packages shipped on Friday will be delivered on Monday. $43.26
UPS 2nd Day Air $26.11
USPS Priority (2 to 3 days)
USPS Priority Mail is not a guaranteed time delivery service.
Although most USPS Priority Mail packages are delivered in 2 to 3 days,
transit times can vary especially to Hawaii and Alaska. $17.03
FedEx Priority Overnight (delivered by 10.30AM, next business day) $49.00
FedEx Standard Overnight (afternoon delivery, next business day) $52.35
FedEx 2Day (afternoon delivery, second business day) $28.12
FedEx Express Saver (afternoon delivery, third business day) $22.07
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
hahahahahahaha!!! Don't blame you a bit for being afraid to type this, to me in particular. Good God, I've made a pest of myself over this. It's just that I like them SO much. And you don't. I can live w/that.

You know Trig, we have a lot in common when it comes to so many things, even if our lives are different in their own ways. Felt that about you since the day I came here so long ago.

I reserve the fainting couch for other things, and sometimes, there are too many of them in my life. BUT, I'm so glad you tried them at least, but feel a bit sorry to have caused you to spend on something that didn't work out.

Beat, beat, beat---OK, I'm over that. LOL. How ya gonna know till you try? I really did not like the GLCBC Everything Bread. Still working up my courage to try the rye, on your rec. At least you went there w/my rec.

So I guess we've settled that. It's all one big experiment, isn't it? Folks who have just started this woe, well, I feel a bit for them, as I do for myself when I look back on that gal that was me over a year ago, and how much she had to discover!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Gotta agree with Trigger on the onion pockets, Blue. I like the bagels, bread, and even dinner rolls better! Sorry!

Trigger, the Breyer's carb smart ice cream IS good. Almost too good. They also have a No Sugar Added which is virtually identical in nutrion facts, but I have only tried the Carb Smart so far. I also like Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom (no sugar added) Ice Cream Lites Ice Cream Bars. They are like Klondike bars on a stick, only 3 net carbs if you subtract sugar alcohols (warning: they do contain maltitol and polydextrose). Not sure if you can get Blue Bunny where you are.

Berta, sounds like you ordered some good things! I placed a huge Netrition order this week, while it is still cool enough to stock up on chocolate before summer. I didn't order any this time, but I do have a whole bunch of different protein powders. I have plain, chocolate, and orange whey powder in large containers, also egg white protein powder and pea protein powder (unopened) and a whole bunch of trial size of of Syntrax Nectar. Those are really good if you are looking for different flavors to try out. Netrition also have another variety pack to try as well.

Lori, hope your day of golf was fun and that your BIL heals soon!

Good news for me is I am still hanging at my low weight, though I did have some tortilla chips tonight at a Mexican restaurant. Not too many. And this weekend I bought my first pair of size 16 pants in like 20 years! Plus even a couple of tops in XL fit now (most are still 1X). I really need to keep my motivation high so these things continue to fit (or get too big) over the summer.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 05-13-2014 at 07:16 PM..
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

double post
Old 05-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Blue you were a high school teacher? cool. ya learn something new about everyone on this thread at some point. got my bread order thank goodness. gonna make a pizza tonight with that crust. can't wait to try it and see if it tastes great. would help me alot to have a 'real pizza crust' that I could rely on vs. a wimpy tortilla I sub out.

the hairs on your chinny-chin chin....I hear ya LOL my friend bought that NO NO hair removal. she is so smooth where she uses it and hair does not grow back. I want one but they are about $300. I will be getting one when I save up a bit. the thought of never having to deal with unwanted hair again is worth it to me lol

CONGRATS LORI. so happy for ya. nice to see that big number change.
keep on trucking girl, it is working for ya!!!

---for me today is clean and more busy work. gotta get some stuff done, no matter how I keep up I seem to fall behind lately. probably cause I am older and don't care and can't do my usual 150 things at once

bloat not as bad. slowly changing that out and getting my lc benefits. had a small piece of fudge yesterday. eh, didn't faze me. so sweet is was overkill actually. like eating pure white sugar really and that isn't my thing. trip was fun to the old salem village, walked a ton, we took the Belgium horse wagon ride which was nice, got hot and sticky tho, but learned alot of history in the area which was cool. dropped some big bucks. heck $23 to get into the place. kill me glad the kid trips are over now tho.

lc ways today as usual. keeping carbs very low. doing 'mostly induction type' foods but a meal but be a bit diff, like me trying that pizza crust tonight. if I stay mostly induction then I get great benefits, especially getting back to where I was which would be nice.

everyone hold strong, we can do this and make it work!!!
Hi Trig!
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:38 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Hi GoB
How is it going? are ya losing still or just holding steady now?
I am stagnating and holding onto what I lost but can't seem to get that killer instinct to cut back eating the way I know I should to get the scale to drop.
always something huh?

Berta, my last order from netrition was $74. I always had the 'recommended extra $2.95 for ice pack, and up the shipping for a faster delivery or something offered. Bleck. I went with 3 day shipping and no ice pack. My bread came fine, even thought they packed an onion pocket ON TOP of my rye bread and now it is mini rye slices I got 2 rye bread, 2 onion pockets, 2 everything bagels, 3 pizza crust.

I figure all these foods sit in extremely hot wearhouses waiting for delivery. then in hot trucks. I don't think my shipping is any different than the truck/warehouse situation. when I get them right into the fridge, then extas into the freezer.

well I know now that the rye bread is good for me and the everything bagels I love. the pizza crust still on the fence but I think it is a keeper. Probably will be tho. it is firmer vs. my old tortillas. So those will be my standards now and believe me I can do a ton with those items.

You are better off making a big one time order and stick things in the freezer. seems like an ouchy price, but in the end us LC people have bread back in our lives. Just to HOLD a sandwich is sweet

Blue, you are right. it is one monster experiment on ourselves. I figure if $100-$200 is wasted in experimenting with lc foods (like my expensive icky almond flour and fake sugar junk etc. I bought), I just think of it as money NOT spent on cheetos, ice cream, fast food. in the end guys a few hundred wasted on lc product experiments is nothing. I must have spend well over $1K on my fad diets, and DON'T ASK how much LA Weight Loss cost when I joined. they sure got ALOT from me

OW, OW, OW Blue, cool it. I don't deserve no whoopin'. Coming after ya with a hickory switch and gonna flail your hide off if ya don't lay off me.

Misti, CONGRATS on the pants. always sweet to fit a size down. at least it is a real reminder when those sizes change that we are doing it, getting it done, holding the fort. all things that we gotta do vs going hog wild!

Blue Bunny I seen a bit in my area, but not alot of options in it. they stock just a bit of it, not alot of the line of their products.

Carb Smart ice cream. OH YEA. I ate a ton of it before. I can't stick to a small serving of ice cream. I loved the chocolate and when I eat it I eat too much. no control over ice cream seriously. But I noticed if it sits in the freezer longer, it gets 'clumpy'. not sure how to say what happens to the texture of the ice cream but it goes wonky somehow. then I end up throwing it out.

I do like Popscile brand individual sf fudge pops on a stick. I don't seem to overeat them also.

-----for me today is a ride day. Barb and me off to the mts. hope the trails aren't too rocky or the mt. too steep. gonna be near 90 today and hope the bugs don't come out in full force when it heats up today.

maybe I can sweat off a few lbs

got the pool uncovered last night, threw in chemicals, have it filtering so hopefully I can get that water good fast. opened it and kiddo said immediately, can I get in? Uh no. will it be ready tomorrow, will it be ready by the weekend to swim.....yadda yadda. kids. no patience. eh, I am still in paitent person also LOL

when I get home hubby and me have to hit the store and get stain to paint the back porch. we replaced it in late winter. now the stain has to get on so I can get it decorated with my lounge chairs and all that summer mess.

every hold the course!!!!enjoy your day!!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 05-14-2014 at 03:52 AM..
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:42 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hello from sick bay. I didn't feel great yesterday morning before the golf tournament, but chalked it up to nerves. By last night at 8, I had a horrendous headache and was nauseated. I spent a miserable night tossing and turning with a pounding head and nausea. I took 3 Advil when I got up and the headache has eased a bit. I couldn't even keep my eyes open when I first got up this morning. I couldn't even drink my morning coffee.....now that is sick!

I'm laying low today hoping that I bounce back quickly. I hate missing boot camp.....I feel weak as a kitten today.

BIL is doing pretty well recovering from his motorcycle accident. He has had 3 surgeries and they think that will be it. They were able to close the wound without doing a skin graft, so that is great news. He may go home at the end of the week depending on how he is getting around on crutches or whatever.

Enjoy your ride today Trig. Hope you have a lovely day.

Time to try to take a nap. Not much sleep last night.

Later!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #368
Berta48

Morning Ladies
I am again today.It has me wondeirng if I should just stick with zero carbs?
Coffee with HWC not measured.
3 Rev roll with SF syrup 1/4c
4oz sausage

1Salmon patty(made with egg,cheese & cilantro), 2c lettuce with two grape tomatoes & 1/4th avacado with Newmans Caesars dressing(2tbs = 1 carb)

4oz cheddar cheese made into crakcers.

OR do I need to up my fats?

I keep staying between 240 & 242. So aggravating. I started out April 19th at 247.8. So I am feeling I am not getting anywhwere.

Actually I have no hunger,almost never.But I eat anyay cause I have diabetes2 and know I should eat smething.I just need some advice PLEASE
Old 05-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Trig---just checking in quick to say when I said "beat, beat, beat," I meant like time passing by, second hand beating, NOT beating you. I'd never wish that, like ya too much.

Also, back down to 179.6 this am. That felt good. Will be back later, off to a busy day.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #370
Berta48

My post above #368 was what I ate yesterday. I forgot to mention it. Sorry.
Any advice?
Old 05-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Bertra, is that all you are eating for a whole day? It doesn't sound like much! Do you only eat two meals a day? But you've lost 6-8 lbs. in just a few weeks - that's good! Just stick with it for now. If the scale doesn't move in another week or two then maybe look into tweaks. I didn't track for a long, long time, but now I find that I need to or I don't lose (the reason is that I eat too much if I don't track). So if you are not tracking that might help a bit to figure out where you're at.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #372
Berta48

Mitiz
Yes that is all I had except I forgot I did eat 1/2 cup of Bryers Carb Smart ice cream last night too. 5carbs
I do track but haven't for the last couple of days I use an online tracker on another site.

I am not hungry and when I try to eat I almost feel nauseated. But if it's something that tastes really really good to me, then I can eat it.Like baby back ribs or baked chicken with rosemary.Rev Roll made into french toast with Sf syrup. I do usually only eat 2 meals a day. I always have brunch and then dinner at 6:30 -7:00 p.m. then an evening snack. Normally LC icecream or cheese crackers from my cheese alotment or pork rinds or SF Jello.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Lori---Sorry you're feeling poorly. Now is the time to rest up and give your bod the chance to recover from sickness. Think of it as a time out you didn't ask for, but hey, why not enjoy the silver lining of just being still and cozy. Recollect your energies, and heal!

Trigger---So jelly (jealous) of you w/the pool! I LOVE pools. I LOVE water and being in it. If I were your kiddo, I'd have sounded just like Nicole. "When?, how soon? Now? No? then when?" LOL.

Some of my best childhood summer memories revolve around our neighborhood pool. God, we had fun. And to this day, when on a road trip, give me a nice little motel with an outdoor pool that lights up at night!

Misti---Congrats on those smaller sizes! Honestly, I don't know what I'd have done w/out the re-enforcement of clothing vs. the scale!

Berta---I agree w/Misti, tracking will be helpful for you now, every single day, even if you have to estimate for whatever reason.

Looking at your menu for a day, It seems just fine on the LC part, but I wonder about the calories. Not as in too many, but maybe as in too little?

Looking at your stats, I would say that you should probably come in somewhere around 1200 to 1400 calories a day, to avoid triggering the "I'm starving so I'm going to hang on to fat" body syndrome. Don't know what your cals add up to, but you should. Not because this is a "calorie" woe per say, but, OTOH, calories are not irrelevant, both too many and too little.

I get that you don't feel like eating a lot right now. A good thing, and part of the LC magic, particularly at first. But that does wear off a bit, in my experience. Take the time to KNOW what you're eating every day, in terms of calories as well as carbs. IMO, you need to know what works and what doesn't with both of them.

Well, as I stated above, 179.6 this AM. Nice to be back to my low. Now I want to beat that. You know, I was thinking about this today due to a post on the ML, about motivation. And for me, I've learned motivation is in the process, and we can't expect it to just flower up and make things easy any old day.

For me, motivation ebbs and flows on almost everything. Why should we expect it to be different for how we eat? Motivation isn't magic powder, it's something we fight to find, over and over again. And when we can't find it, we just do it, and wait for the rewards to reward. And they do, eventually.
See my sig line.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:43 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Thank goodness I'm feeling much better today. Thanks to not eating much yesterday, the scale was down 2 lbs today. Not sure if it's a true weight since I practically fasted yesterday, but I'm claiming it anyway!

My stomach is still a bit "iffy", but I think I'll live. I have to go to the hospital this morning to get some blood work done. Just my annual physical stuff. I'm anxious to see if my blood glucose has come down from all these months of low carb. It was running 106, 107 for the past couple years. My Dr appt is Monday, so I'll find out then. This afternoon is my 6 month dental appt. It always seems like my appts all happen in the same couple week span. Weird!

Time for me to hit the shower and get this day going. Hope you all are doing well and enjoy your day!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:50 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Berta, http://http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19058429.php
go to this link, plug in your numbers and read around the site. I like this info. might help.

Lori....hope ya feel better. also he is very lucky on that leg. I hope it all comes thru fine for him and recovery is easier than expected!!!

Blue---I thought ya wanted to beat me up---I was ready to take ya on
the word motivation is becoming useless to me. I said this a bit ago, such an easy word to say over and over, hard to get it into action most times.
I sure wish I was the type that said, I want an LC way of life forever! and just do it. I admire those that can say something, put it into action AND NEVER LOOK BACK. eh, I will find my way to muddle thru cause going back isn't an option, so duh, I have to find a way to make it all work with what I do have.

Pools! I know right? they are fab. water is my best friend, after my horse. 2 hobbies I love to the max. look back and think most of my good memories are all around water activities. are camping trips have pools or beach. never without water here also!

-----rainy and lightening and big T storms today.
heading to mom/dads for a visit
depending on outside weather I have to vacuum the pool etc. but we will see on that.
stupid back car window broke. motor died, won't go up or down. gotta have hubby fix that.

less bloat which is nice. lc all the way within reason. kinda hit the nuts hard yesterday for snacking. 3-4 times a handful of nuts in my hands. eh, could be worse.

gotta stop the diet soda for real for a bit. got to drinking more and more for taste change and heart PVCs are back. annoying and freaky. I hate the skip/jump/heart in throat/ker-plunt feeling of the pvcs. aspartame does it to me along with caffeine so I stopped my unsweet tea also. water water water with lemon for me right now. gotta clear up my symptoms.

hang in there all.

Last edited by Trigger828; 05-15-2014 at 02:52 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Lori---yep, you absolutely get to take that 2 lbs down. Silver linings, right? And at least one of those pounds down just might stick, if you keep it light for the next few days. Glad you're feeling better.

Trigger---Have you ever tried Hanson's Diet Soda? NO aspartame, NO caffeine, yummy flavors. Just make sure to get the diet, LOL!

I would never say I do the motivation thing perfectly, far from it. Was just trying to say that motivation always ebbs and flows, on everything. So sometimes gotta get through it without as much motivation as we'd like to feel.

You're doing fine, just not rippin' up the road right now. Either am I.

Had a yummy lunch of thin salmon slices, cream cheese, and onions on a GLCBC onion roll toasted to perfection. Those things really fill me up. Also, found a kind of mozzarella
I have not had before called Burratta Mozzarella. It's softer then the reg, because cream is mixed into it. Absolutely fantastic on sliced tomatoes w/basil and balsamic. Really trying to shake up my menu with new things these days…I find that really helps me stay happy on this woe.

Off to dinner downtown w/pals tonight. Already been to the site and chosen what I'm going to order. Nice salad, and a sirloin in mushroom cream sauce. MMMMMM. Hope I keep my fingers out of the bread basket!

Hanging in there at 179.6 and really don't want to pay the piper for cheats. Been enough of that going on.

Hope y'all are having a good day on plan, and a good day period!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi GoB
How is it going? are ya losing still or just holding steady now?
I am stagnating and holding onto what I lost but can't seem to get that killer instinct to cut back eating the way I know I should to get the scale to drop.
always something huh?

!!!
Pretty much like you right now. I have the killer instinct with exercise...but I reward myself with beer and it becomes a wash.

I guess I am good enough at being under 190 and being 6'2". But I still want to lose a few more pounds. I don't want to settle. But yeah...guess I'm lacking that final killer instinct.

I just got back from a camping trip (reported in my backsliding thread) and I was more than perfect with my food choices. I exercised like a total freak and ate like a bird.

But I did have my wife make me some nachos for my reception back home. It was all I had for dinner. Still...I guess it added 15 pounds...even though the plate only weighed 1.5 pounds.

Not really...the nachos only made sure I would receive zero reward for being an ironman for 3 days.

On the up side...my wife texted me today and said "do you want nachos again tonight...I have all the stuff?"

What? I am an LCF veteran! we do not screw around like that We may trip up...but we do not eat carb crap two days in a row!

I refuse to go into a pattern that has me going up a pound a day for the next 50 days...so that I can start all over again.

Anyway...I have always liked you Trig....as a friend. You seem like good peeps. You and Blue and others her. Thnx
Old 05-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
What? I am an LCF veteran! we do not screw around like that We may trip up...but we do not eat carb crap two days in a row!

I refuse to go into a pattern that has me going up a pound a day for the next 50 days...so that I can start all over again.
Gobah---I LOVE this! I can really see the way you've evolved on this woe, and it's impressive.

Because to me, what really describes a LC lifestyle is one that makes room for some treats, but not as a way of life. One that says, OK, I had my treat yesterday, today I'm back on plan.

I think a LC lifestyle means we are not going back to where we were. We are not going to wake up some day 3, 6 months or a year down the line and say, what the heck, I'm 50 pounds over weight--- again!

IMO, A LC lifestyle does not mean we are perfect at this woe, in the same way none of us are ever perfect at ANYTHING. It simply means our choices are GOOD ENOUGH, most of the time, to keep us healthier and free from dragging around a butt load of extra weight.

If I'm feeling a bit weak around the gills w/this woe, I take a minute to remember how much I did not like being that overweight. The way I felt, the way I looked. Might not ever get to my goal, or I might. BUT, I'm NOT going back "there." On that, I remain motivated, and all the other little ups and downs don't add up to a hill of beans when compared to that big picture.

And on that note, I did well out to eat w/pals tonight. Had my steak and salad, and yeah, a couple bites of a shared banana cream pie. Meh. That IS part of my lifestyle now. I'm LC MOST of the time. But knowing I will have a bite of this or that, or even a bigger treat now and then, keeps me able to stay on plan MOST of the time.

It was a fun night, and it felt good to drive home not feeling stuffed, AND not feeling deprived. I had what I wanted, with a bit of zing on the side. What's not to like?
Old 05-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Gobah---I LOVE this! I can really see the way you've evolved on this woe, and it's impressive.

Because to me, what really describes a LC lifestyle is one that makes room for some treats, but not as a way of life. One that says, OK, I had my treat yesterday, today I'm back on plan.

I think a LC lifestyle means we are not going back to where we were. We are not going to wake up some day 3, 6 months or a year down the line and say, what the heck, I'm 50 pounds over weight--- again!

IMO, A LC lifestyle does not mean we are perfect at this woe, in the same way none of us are ever perfect at ANYTHING. It simply means our choices are GOOD ENOUGH, most of the time, to keep us healthier and free from dragging around a butt load of extra weight.

If I'm feeling a bit weak around the gills w/this woe, I take a minute to remember how much I did not like being that overweight. The way I felt, the way I looked. Might not ever get to my goal, or I might. BUT, I'm NOT going back "there." On that, I remain motivated, and all the other little ups and downs don't add up to a hill of beans when compared to that big picture.

And on that note, I did well out to eat w/pals tonight. Had my steak and salad, and yeah, a couple bites of a shared banana cream pie. Meh. That IS part of my lifestyle now. I'm LC MOST of the time. But knowing I will have a bite of this or that, or even a bigger treat now and then, keeps me able to stay on plan MOST of the time.

It was a fun night, and it felt good to drive home not feeling stuffed, AND not feeling deprived. I had what I wanted, with a bit of zing on the side. What's not to like?
One of the best posts I have ever read in here!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:21 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Pretty much like you right now. I have the killer instinct with exercise...but I reward myself with beer and it becomes a wash.

I guess I am good enough at being under 190 and being 6'2". But I still want to lose a few more pounds. I don't want to settle. But yeah...guess I'm lacking that final killer instinct.
I am doing the wash thing right now also. not going crazy, just not stellar enough for losing weight. and I have a way to go yet

I also am not where I want to settle. I have heard others take 'breaks' and just hang around on the scale, some for a very long time. then finally something kicks in and makes them work harder, eat cleaner and hit their final goal.

maybe that is me

but I am not going back and have to start this over from the beginning
Old 05-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Nice to see you posting again GoBahnsen! I totally understand the exercise/beer wash effect. I walk 18 holes of golf on the weekends and then drink 3 or 4 lite beers. Sigh.......what can I say, it's what I like to do!

This week has been a bad week for exercise. I went to boot camp on Monday, and that's it for the week. Tuesday was the golf tourn & then I got sick Wednesday. I thought about going this morning, but still am not feeling 100%. I'll give it a fresh start on Monday. I'm planning on walking 18 holes of golf tomorrow, but it's been raining hard here since midnight and I'm not sure what shape the course will be in. Note to self: Wear old golf shoes!

Good news on the BIL front, they sent him home from the hospital yesterday! The 3rd surgery was a success with no skin graft required on Tuesday and the Dr said there was no reason for him to stay there. He has a long road ahead, but I'm sure he'll recover better at home.

I had a bit of a carb fest last night for dinner and had an English muffin for breakfast this morning. Lunch should be low carb as that's all I have here at work and I'm not going out in the driving rain in search of anything else! If I don't be careful, I'll slip back up into the 90's and I don't want to do that! Weekends are always tricky with eating out and being at the club.

Let's give it our best this weekend! Make it a good one!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:22 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Lori very glad to hear he is improving and going home. yes, home is a better recovery everyone wants out of the hospital! we had bad rain also. every thing is mushy. I know.

----for me today. easy lc day with hopefully some good restraint.

last night had MIL over for dinner. big old roast chicken, brocc/cauli, and I had 1/2 a VERY small baked tater. had to finish up the small ones so I baked them all. they ate the hound out of them. I had to snatch up that 1/2 of a midget tater just to get something. BOY this family can eat Kiddo stabbed her daddy's hand with the fork when they were going in for the wings on the bird LOL. I tell ya it was like feeding time at the zoo. and MIL ate a ton of french bread.

get this....she brings a giant cookie with frosting on it. her sister gave it to her for mothers day. she can't eat it cause of her sugar she says---yet she ate about 6-7 slices of french baguette bread. DUH! she just does not get it. I told hubby she won't eat 'desserts' cause of her sugar yet she inhales literally a ton of bread which is exactly the same thing. People need a giant slap upside their heads! I told her over and over about diabetics and bread and she still won't give it up. YAWN. whatever. made me sick to watch her inhale it down. and me, chicken, brocc/cauli and a 2 bite size of baked tater. again, whatever

ok, work on pool all day mostly along with usual chores
hubby gonna cut down 2 giant trees that are leaning toward my horse barn. WOO BABY will be interseting to see how this goes down. he has the chainsaw, backhoe, chains and who knows what else. Fingers crossed I have a barn standing when he is done.

everyone be as good as ya can.

One thing I see a few of us getting very slack. I don't want that to be the way it is for us on this thread. I am doing it big time right now but I sure don't want it to become the normal.

So I am having chats with myself and talking myself about what I need to do to get this straight and on the right path again. Too bad I am not a good listener when I talk to myself LOL
Old 05-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am doing the wash thing right now also. not going crazy, just not stellar enough for losing weight. and I have a way to go yet

I also am not where I want to settle. I have heard others take 'breaks' and just hang around on the scale, some for a very long time. then finally something kicks in and makes them work harder, eat cleaner and hit their final goal.

maybe that is me

but I am not going back and have to start this over from the beginning
Yeah...something has to kick in. For me it's usually just getting sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

Hi Trig I had to take the day off yesterday from exercise. So sure enough I added a pound of weight. It has been super hot here lately and that means beer And beer without exercise means weight gain

So I will try to battle off the pound gained today. You know how it is. at least I'm avoiding those stinking tortilla chips.

I came into the kitchen late last night and it almost seemed like my wife tried to "set me up" for a fall. This big bag of tortilla chips was sitting there open right next to the cheese. I almost put my hand in it to have just one.

Then I got mad at the chips. I took the bag and wrapped a rubber band around it and sent it flying, with force, into the back wall of the pantry closet.

I will not let those things back into my life except when I will eat a plate of nachos after a long drive home from my vacation spot up North. Otherwise, they are a LCF's worst nightmare.

Anyway Trig, sounds like you are still in the ballgame. Maybe you and I will find that "something" here soon that will jump start us into some serious losses.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Nice to see you posting again GoBahnsen! I totally understand the exercise/beer wash effect. I walk 18 holes of golf on the weekends and then drink 3 or 4 lite beers. Sigh.......what can I say, it's what I like to do!

This week has been a bad week for exercise. I went to boot camp on Monday, and that's it for the week. Tuesday was the golf tourn & then I got sick Wednesday. I thought about going this morning, but still am not feeling 100%. I'll give it a fresh start on Monday. I'm planning on walking 18 holes of golf tomorrow, but it's been raining hard here since midnight and I'm not sure what shape the course will be in. Note to self: Wear old golf shoes!

Good news on the BIL front, they sent him home from the hospital yesterday! The 3rd surgery was a success with no skin graft required on Tuesday and the Dr said there was no reason for him to stay there. He has a long road ahead, but I'm sure he'll recover better at home.

I had a bit of a carb fest last night for dinner and had an English muffin for breakfast this morning. Lunch should be low carb as that's all I have here at work and I'm not going out in the driving rain in search of anything else! If I don't be careful, I'll slip back up into the 90's and I don't want to do that! Weekends are always tricky with eating out and being at the club.

Let's give it our best this weekend! Make it a good one!
Hi Lori

Oh I haven't stopped posting, it's just all in my "backsliding" thread. That's where I hang out, talk about my camping trips, my wannabe six pac of abs and what I think about women.

Oh and I do talk about low carb eating from time to time

I used to golf. I loved walking those 18 holes. I used to fill up my golf bag with cold beers. I pulled it around on one of those 2 wheel things. I sure liked drinking beer and golfing. The more beer I drank, the better I hit the ball. I guess it just kind of relaxes me and I focus better.

I was never one to stop at the 19th hole and drink beer for $3 or $4 per beer. I preferred my own at 75 cents a piece.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
One thing I see a few of us getting very slack. I don't want that to be the way it is for us on this thread. I am doing it big time right now but I sure don't want it to become the normal.

So I am having chats with myself and talking myself about what I need to do to get this straight and on the right path again. Too bad I am not a good listener when I talk to myself LOL
Right on sistah!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all, happy Friday!

Trigger--- Your description of your kiddo at the feast, just makes me giggle like all get out. That would have been me--- I so get her.

And, OMG the MIL!!! Sorry, that made me laugh too. But y'know, at a certain point you can't tell folks anything. One of those points is when they are teen agers straight through young adulthood, and the other point is when they get too old to change or hear. I see this in my mom.

Gobah--- yeah, like it when you show up here---"it's so nice to have a man around the house!" LOL, words from an old song. But I like the mix of genders, like hearing the male POV. So don't stay away for long.

As for me, good day working out of my home. Got lots done, and didn't have to slap on the make-up or primp at all. SIGH. A blessed day to just BE ME, unfettered. Amazing what you can really get done on a day like this!

AND, a very good LC day for me. Had a delishy LC lunch, and have a yummy LC dinner planned. I will come in very good today on my tracker. Like I said, it's about how we eat MOST of the time.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Oh boy, I love the weekends!

Had a busy week, and have an even busier one coming up, so I'm getting my lazy on today! Just hopping around the net getting some things I need. I ordered some more onion rolls, and going to try the dinner rolls. Not ready to test the Pizza yet, Trigger's review seemed pretty uncertain. You know, I think this is all mostly one recipe forged into different shapes and textures---and it's the texture that folks either like or dislike.
So we'll see what the dinner rolls are about---looked like they might be fun to stuff w/something LC yummy.

Had a salmon/cream cheese and onion "sandy" for lunch again. Loving it. Keeps me feeling full for quite awhile. Tonight we're going out to a Cambodian restaurant w/another couple, that has come highly recommended. I found the menu on line and I'm
going to be having one of their yummy soups - no rice added --- and a papaya salad.

Back at my low, and feeling on the verge of a drop, have that "thinner feeling" and the scale flashed a pound down today, before coming in at 179.2, So not wanting to fool around w/any significant treats tonight.

I was interested to read that NYT's article in the ML that said this:

A recent study by one of us, Dr. Ludwig, and his colleagues published in JAMA examined 21 overweight and obese young adults after they had lost 10 to 15 percent of their body weight, on diets ranging from low fat to low carbohydrate. Despite consuming the same number of calories on each diet, subjects burned about 325 more calories per day on the low carbohydrate than on the low fat diet — amounting to the energy expended in an hour of moderately intense physical activity.

Wowza. I've heard of the "300 calorie LC advantage" but this is the first time I've seen it backed up in a study. The article is a good read, check it out.

Have a good day, all.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday!

I'm just in from the golf course where I walked 18 holes. About 13,000 or so steps. Whew! I'm tired! I didn't play very well today, but I got to be out in the sunshine, so I can't complain.

I had 2 people tell me today that I look like I'm "melting" and really losing weight. I feel it too. It's funny, the last couple weeks I've been allowing a few more treats and things that I avoided for SO long and I've started losing again! I was staying the same for so long while being so strict and now that I've eased up, it's working! I'll take it!

I'm playing golf again tomorrow in a tournament with the guys. Sure hope I play better than I did today. Whatever, it'll be what it'll be!

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #389
Berta48

Just a quick run by to say hi.And let everyone know I did loose 1.5 today.

Hardly ate anything yesterday though.But I wasn't hungry either.
We went with friends to Wendy's and I was concerned I wouldn't stick to it so I fixed a big pork steak before we left last night and I just drank a diet cola.While they sat there chomping down on burgers & fries and shakes.
But it actually didn't bother much since I wasn't hungry.

I hope everyone has a nice week-end. Will check back on Monday!!
Old 05-18-2014, 07:15 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Just a quick run by to say hi.And let everyone know I did loose 1.5 today.

Hardly ate anything yesterday though.But I wasn't hungry either.
We went with friends to Wendy's and I was concerned I wouldn't stick to it so I fixed a big pork steak before we left last night and I just drank a diet cola.While they sat there chomping down on burgers & fries and shakes.
But it actually didn't bother much since I wasn't hungry.

I hope everyone has a nice week-end. Will check back on Monday!!
Well Berta....I salute you for that 1.5 pounds of whatever it was that clung to you and made you feel bad...and less than the obvious beauty that you possess, both outwardly and inwardly....So here's to you my beautiful LCF comrade "Take my hand...take my whole heart too...cuz I can't wait sayin goodbye to one point five too..."