Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 06:39 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Blue you were a high school teacher? cool. ya learn something new about everyone on this thread at some point. got my bread order thank goodness. gonna make a pizza tonight with that crust. can't wait to try it and see if it tastes great. would help me alot to have a 'real pizza crust' that I could rely on vs. a wimpy tortilla I sub out.

the hairs on your chinny-chin chin....I hear ya LOL my friend bought that NO NO hair removal. she is so smooth where she uses it and hair does not grow back. I want one but they are about $300. I will be getting one when I save up a bit. the thought of never having to deal with unwanted hair again is worth it to me lol

CONGRATS LORI. so happy for ya. nice to see that big number change.
keep on trucking girl, it is working for ya!!!

---for me today is clean and more busy work. gotta get some stuff done, no matter how I keep up I seem to fall behind lately. probably cause I am older and don't care and can't do my usual 150 things at once

bloat not as bad. slowly changing that out and getting my lc benefits. had a small piece of fudge yesterday. eh, didn't faze me. so sweet is was overkill actually. like eating pure white sugar really and that isn't my thing. trip was fun to the old salem village, walked a ton, we took the Belgium horse wagon ride which was nice, got hot and sticky tho, but learned alot of history in the area which was cool. dropped some big bucks. heck $23 to get into the place. kill me glad the kid trips are over now tho.

lc ways today as usual. keeping carbs very low. doing 'mostly induction type' foods but a meal but be a bit diff, like me trying that pizza crust tonight. if I stay mostly induction then I get great benefits, especially getting back to where I was which would be nice.

everyone hold strong, we can do this and make it work!!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 05-08-2014 at 06:40 AM..
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi all,

Lori---YAY on the "new decade!" Love it when that happens. And even if it doesn't stick the first time and flirts w/that nasty 9 again, it means you're on your's way into the eighties, you can do this, and you will do this! I think seeing a new number, and particularly one in a new decade is so motivating. Do you measure? I bet w/your boot camp you've lost some major inches.

Trigger ---Yep, taught history to sophomores and juniors for two years out of college, till I realized I didn't want to go back to high school every day of my life. I liked working w/the kids but didn't like that lifestyle, wanted to be out and about in the world more. So I took a job up here in the Twin Cities and never looked back.

I CAN'T WAIT to hear about that pizza crust! That would be another excellent sub to have. Someone on the ML said she slices it in two and makes it thinner and crispier, and get two pizzas out of it, which might be right up my alley because I like a thinner crust.

Always wondered about those NO NO hair removers, but sheesh, for 7 little hairs on my chin $300 seems like a lot. The tweezers are free, LOL. Does she do her legs too? You can have the chin hair lasered away too, but that's not cheap either.

Glad to hear the bloat is fading away, and sounds like you feel better. Stay on that LC, nice and simple path. 198 is lonely for you, and 195 has the welcome mat out too.

Dreary day here, but good work day. The new account is going very well and we're doing some fun and exciting things for them. I feel lucky that I still like what I do.

Took a nice little snooze on the sofa late this afternoon---perfect because it was storming like crazy, thunder, lightening, the works, and so cozy I just let my book fall and faded right off. Haven't been sleeping as well as usual lately, have to pick up some more melatonin supplements---they really work!

Hanging in a pound above my low, so seeing that 8 every morning again for awhile. Still trying to keep it between 20 and 25 carbs a day, but sometimes it's 30. Still better than the 35 to 40 I was creeping up too. SIGH. Don't think I can do much better, can't believe how fast it all adds up! Sometimes I can't believe how much less I'm eating and that damn scale does not appreciate it. Oh well, a couple of cut new spring clothing pieces are picking up the slack.

Have a lovely evening all, and see ya tomorrow!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #333
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hello Everyone
My name is Roberta (Berta) and I have been readin this thread and was wondering if it would be alright to join the group?

I am new to LC WOE but have been doing less than 20 gms way less on most days. And I have lost 7lbs in three weeks. May not sound like alot,But I was dieting prior to switching to LC. I started out at 275.8 and I am now 239.6. Still have a lot to loose but I am really liking LC WOE.

I might post every day but will try to once a week if not more. I work from home and am retired.I will be 66 in Aug. GEEZE where have all those years gone?
I'm married and have one great daughter and one wonderful grandson who will be 17 in Aug is 6"2.Hard to believe.

Well I am hoping to get to know some of you a bit better . Here's hoping that WHOOSH Fairy visits all of us tonight.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:51 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

going to high school AGAIN every day. yea I can see that being somewhat crazy

yea she does her legs with the NO NO and her chin and she has stray hair on her sideburn area she gets. She is as smooth as a baby's butt and it doesn't come back. she shaves her legs 1 time per week and she is on week 7 I believe and she said it isn't hardly there at all now. ---Hmmm I am still thinking I want one LOL
THAT price is a killer tho. I know some company will come out with a cheaper version probably.

you are right about the 'little carbs' adding up very quickly. I have to watch that also big time.

----well guys for me today is very low carb. mostly meat and will have veg with dinner.
trying for a quiet easy day today. with summer coming it seems to be ramping up with social things. that isn't good tho. I got to get on myself and face facts. I see them, I just gotta face them LOL I am not fooling myself in any way. lc is what I need and I have to stay LC for it all to work. duh. well hopefully I can get back on REAL track and get this working well for me again.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:34 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hi Berta! Jump right in! Great job on your loss so far....awesome!

Well, I went to bed last night feeling quite bloated from the shrimp fried rice etc that I had yesterday. Low and behold this morning my stomach is flat and I'm feeling quite thin! YAY! I didn't weigh myself.....just enjoying feeling thin, you know? Why take a chance on seeing a number that will take me out of my happy place!

Lots of running at boot camp this morning. It was quite warm this morning...in the 60's at 5:30AM. Supposed to get into the high 70's. We've waited a long time for this!

I'm hoping to stay very low carb today. DH and I decided to just stay at home for dinner tonight instead of going out like we usually do on Fridays. I want to strip our bed and do some other laundry this evening. I also have to try on my outfit for the retirement brunch we're going to on Sunday. I have a feeling the skirt may need to be either taken in or pinned. I'm wearing a light weight sweater out over it, so I could pin it if necessary. If it turns out I don't like that outfit, I have another dress waiting in the wings. I'm loving having more options in what to wear! It's like shopping in my own closet!

DH & I have some outside work to do tomorrow. The windowsills on the north side of the house need a good scrubbing before the bushes get too big for me to reach them. The north side always gets the green tinge on the white windowsills. Algae or something loves to grow there! Yuck!

No golf this weekend unless I get a call tomorrow morning to fill out a foursome. I'm hoping they don't call as I want to get that work done around the house.

Enough of my rambling. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Hugs all around!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:35 AM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Berta. jump right in and chat away. we all are trying to deal with the weight we want to lose and it is a great thread to chat about all the pain in the butt situations with dieting (or changing the way we eat for life!)

Time sure does fly LOL I hear ya on that one. 10 lb mini goals is a great way to walk this down the scale. More power to ya.

Lori--nothing like that thin feeling. OMG I love that! You are going to be super duper busy it seems. I have that problem on the side of my garage, with the 5th wheel parked next to it, no sun and I end up having to pressure wash the side at least 2 times a year to get the green off. nothing like house maintenance. what a bleck!
Great news on pinning the skirt. Nice to know that clothes are too big!! We should all have those problems LOL

-----I have bacon defrosting and I can't wait. help. in about an hr I can get it into a pan. gonna eat alot of it as brunch type meal. Bacon holds me so well!!!!

off to get things done.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #337
Berta48

Good Morning everyone
Thank you Trigger and Lori for the warm welcome.

Our weather here is still a bit crazy,80's yesterday and 56 today.We don't know whether to turn on the air or the heat.I did finally get my flower bulbs planted,cannas and elphant ears. But now I need to buy some tomatoe plants.That is all we do, as we are old and our bones wont take the bending over etc. it takes to maintain a garden. Besides that,there are alot fo Amish folks in this area so we let them do the work and buy their produce,much easier and just as tasty!

I was up a lb yesterday and down a lb today.GEEEZE. Seems that's how it has been ever since starting
Hopefully one of these days it will go waaaay down.

I was adding in some carbs but I think for awhile since I have so much to loose yet, I am sticking with the meat,fats, cheese.Maybe a small salad with dinner. I always eat a late breakfast like around noon or so.And then dinner around 6-6:30 then a snack at night while watching TV with DH. Usually SF Jello ,pork rinds or homemade cheese crackers. I make in the microwave. I love those.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Oh Berta....please share how you make your cheese "crackers" in the microwave. I'm a cheese nut and they sound right up my alley!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I make cheese crackers also but they might not be the same as Berta's crackers.

get parchment paper, or right on a plate-----make small piles of cheese, NUKE like 30 sec or how you like them, watch them and when crispy pull them out, let cool, (I sop up the grease) and then eat.

they are good but can be overkill but I sure love burnt cheese

It will be interesting to see how Berta makes them.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #340
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristress
Stats: 123.6/121.6/110.
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dec.2013
Hello!

I am varying low carb according to my results! If the scale seems to stall or gain I like to review the previous day to see where I can possibly tweak things for the following day. I think there are so many variables to all the plans & everyone is so different not all things work well for everyone. I like the Atkins 72 for the most part and would like to try to stick to pure proteins and eggs for the first few days. After that I will add in salads, and low carb veggies. I find my choices greatly affect the scale, such as choosing high sodium things, and over-indulging in my favorite foods. It seems it is all trial and error but these forums are wonderful!
cristress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday gals!

Berta! I think 7 lbs in three weeks is terrific. Many don't experience the fast loss of LC that some do---particularly the men. Grrrrrrrrr. Weight seems to just drop off them. But specially for we older ladies, not so much. My loss has been on the slow side, but a bit over a year later I'm down 45 to 47 lbs depending on the day, feeling much healthier, looking much better. So hang in there w/us. You'll blink and a year will have past and you'll be the new healthier and slimmer Berta.

Lori---I make my cheese crackers the way Trig does. They're really good w/sour cream and a nice hot sauce on top. Only problem is they kind of stink up the kitchen a bit. Hubby and son hate the smell. But oh we'll, I whip out my Fabreeze and tell them it's the best I can do. Those two skinny tall guys can eat whatever they want, can't keep the pounds on them, so my sympathies are limited.

And yeah, isn't it great to see those oldies but goodies look so much better on us, or better yet, need alterations. There was a thread here a while ago on the ML about "shopping in your own closet." It's actually quite fun when you've lost weight and inches.

Trigger---Got a kick out of your "maple sugar block" story, and your words to the kiddo.

I don't believe in disallowing children some sugar---had a room mate in college whose mother was a health nut ahead of her time and had raised my friend very strictly where sugar was concerned. As a result, whenever my pal borrowed a jacket I'd find the pockets literally stuffed with candy bar wrappers. She couldn't get enough of the stuff.

Like in all parenting things, it's finding that sweet spot of balance. Not making it the forbidden fruit, but not encouraging the hog wilder either, and introducing enough other great foods to give sugar some competition.

Still dreary and cold---what spring?!---but a good day anyway. Had to edit all day, but got lots done and things went well.

Home now, and have that cozy Friday night feelin'. Trying to decide about dinner, not in any hurry. Had a chopped salad for lunch, and it was like a large cold casserole, LOL. But all LC stuff as it's one of those places you get to pick your ingredients. Maybe a cheeseburger on a GLCBC onion roll for dinner…

Which reminds me Trig, did you get the onion rolls yet? Have you tried them yet? How about the pizza crust? Do you think I'm a pest?
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

absolutely agree. I would not deny her sugar. What I want her to know that sugar is evil, but if kept in TIGHT moderation she can enjoy some treats. It is the monster quantity we inhale that is getting everyone.

I see it with her even tho she doesn't quite get it yet. I tell her sugar makes you more hungry. Like if she eats a big bowl of Smore's Krave cereal. hr later she is hungry. I make her eggs and bacon...she is stuffed for a very long time. I almost stopped buying cereal and I noticed kiddo asks for it less and less which I love. that stuff to me is pure nasty. start the day with a bowlful of sugar literally. it kills me seeing people eating that stuff, LOL, and especially cause I never liked cereal.

onion pockets. the darn onion pockets. they are in the fridge sitting there. I ate 1/2 a bagel. and then the other 1/2. 2 slices rye bread since I got it. haven't touched the pizza or onion pockets yet.

tomorrow will be cheese/tuna onion pocket sandwich since I got to get my hands on them and try them out.

pizza. hmm. I REALLY have to be in the mood to make a pizza. even if small like this I just gotta really really want it before I make it.

----I did good today. bacon and eggs for brunch. then I wanted a small something so I made a little salad with ceasar dressing and parm cheese and dinner ended up being marinated pork loin on the grill. no sides. jsut not hungry but the meat was to die for

Since I am coming in at like 4 net carbs for the day---my treat tonight are these gingerbread cookies I got at the Village. OMG the ginger taste is amazing. they are super skinny. so skinny you can almost see thru them. 11 cookies is 22 nc. So if I eat 5 that would be 10 nc. keep me well under 15 nc for the day. sounds good to me

stuffed and slamming down water after water right now. water absolutely helps bloat which ya think is insane, cause you bloat more, but when it whooshes out it sure works!

just yammering away. off to relax a bit.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #343
Berta48

Lori
YEP they are right tha tis how I do them.,EXCEPT I buy block cheese and cut little sqyares put them on parhcment paper a few inches apart and nuke them for 2 min(in my micro.) I just had my 4oz portion of them tonight.
Have you gals ever tried the Revoution/oopsie rolls dipped in beaten eggs,sprinkled with cinnamon and fried in butter? They taste exactly like french toast.That is regular staple in this house. With SF Maple Syrup.

Also taco shells. I take 2oz and make a pile in the middle of the parchemnt and nuke it and then while it is still warm I take it out fold the paper over to form a shell and let it get ahrd that way and presto a taco shell. You get 2 for the 4oz alotment, I had them last night!

I am wondeirng about Carbquick.I want to try it or the LC bread but I am afraid to. Will it really matter as long as I count the carbs. I have seen several items on Netrtion that I want to get, but I am afraid to spend the money then have them stall my losses?

I'm going out of town in the a.m. so I want to wish all of you ladies a very, very HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
Old 05-10-2014, 02:07 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Thanks one and all for the cheese "crackers" tips! I am going to try them...as soon as I get some parchment paper.

Up at 4AM on a Saturday morning. I think I have lost my mind. I'm so used to getting up early that I wake up and can't go back to sleep. Creature of habit, I guess.

Our weekend plans have gotten turned upside down as we got a call last night that DH's brother was hit by a car while riding his motorcycle yesterday afternoon. When his wife called, he was in surgery for a broken leg(broken in 2 places). We're going to call her today and see when she thinks would be best for us to go see him. They live about 2 hrs away, near where my sister lives. Not sure if we'll be able to go to the retirement brunch Sunday and then go see him, or just forget the brunch & head down in the morning. It's always something, isn't it?

Time to go find something for breakfast. Have a good weekend all!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:57 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori you are always the first morning poster. I wonder why LOL, you get up sooooo early. when we farmed we were up at 3 am most mornings. woof. when that quit I gave myself til 6, 7 tops. what a treat

wow that is scary that accident. motorcycle accidents are one of the worst cause a leg is doable, while most don't walk away. lucky guy for sure and I hope he improves fast!

and you are so right! IT IS ALWAYS SOMETHING. I sure live by those words!

Berta I never tried carbquick. some say it is a funny taste (icky), others live on it. So ya gotta buy one and try it.

the lc breads (great low carb bread company) are fab. bagels are great, I love the rye.
It has not effected me. they are super duper low carb with great amt. of fiber which is good for us also. I would say try the breads and experiment with what you like. costly, but so well worth having these products back in our lives! I can make a REAL BLT on my rye bread. YUM---alot of people on the board do lc bread and it has no problems with their losses. the everything bagels I love to the max! In fact I stash one in my purse when we went out for breakfast. got my bacon omlette and wiped this out and buttered it. LOL IT WAS FAB!

Blue---thanks. you gave me some great advice and good things to think about. as always I can count on ya!!! And I know you are doing well cause the hog wilder pic hasn't come into play in a long time. Keep it going gal!!!

-----for me this morning is kiddo party at 11. 2 hrs bowling. then done. smart Mom. 2 hrs and over. gonna hit the store for a few things I need for lc living
clean a bit, do this and that---cruddy day here. humid, hot and cloudy and damp with misty rain. oh yea, great saturday.

I am making a pizza on great low carb bread crust. it is 2 carbs for 1 serving. I thought the WHOLE thing was 2 carbs. well it is a 4 serving for whole, so 8 nc, but if I cut it in 1/2 lengthwise (cause it is fat) it will be down to 4 nc. very good. kinda ok in size. like a personal pizza size. kind of size I can eat 3 of them!! but one loaded with my good toppings should be enough. will see.

will tell ya about the texture and taste after I eat it. who knows when I will make it today. not hungry now, got things to do and off and running in a bit.
dinner tonight is chicken on the grill wtih asparagus. On an asparagus binge for some reason. works as a good diuretic also. makes ya pee alot LOL
Old 05-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Here it is 1PM and I've just finally sat down. DH and I did all the windowsills outside and the windows in and out. I hung new curtains in my bathroom & our bedroom. Whew! I told DH that we both earned our keep today! After we were done with the outside work, he fired up the lawnmower while I came inside to wash windows etc.

More info coming in on his brother and the accident. It's not pretty. He will have another surgery tomorrow and yet another on Tuesday. The leg is so messed up that the Dr says it is going to be a challenge to find muscle, tendons etc to sew together. DH's brother called at 6 this morning...all doped up. He just wanted to talk to his brother. He said the car pulled right out in front of him and he swerved, but hit the car going about 50 MPH and he and the bike ended up in a ditch. He said his leg was "just hanging there". We're going to make the 2 hr drive on Monday to go see him. He'll be sedated all day tomorrow after surgery, so there's no point going down then. I have a few things I have to do Monday morning at work, and then we'll head to the hospital.

Well, we just had a bite of lunch and DH is already asking me where I want to go for dinner! Right now a nap sounds good! I just had a lite beer with my lunch so that will probably knock me out. If I drink 1 beer and sit down I fall asleep yet I can drink a couple on the golf course and feel no tiredness. Weird.

Hope you're enjoying your Saturday!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW, so sorry for him. that leg sounds WAY worse than just broke in 2 places. that will be an agonizing long recovery I am sure. wishing the best for him and sending prayers he has great luck with this medical problem!
Old 05-10-2014, 04:17 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Lori, so sorry to hear of your BIL's accident. Sounds like a nasty one.
Agree w/Trig, sounds like a long recovery. I'll send a prayer up that the surgery goes well, because if the Doc can set the foundation for a better full use recovery, the rest is just patience, therapy, and time.

Hubby got his ankle crushed in a trash compactor many years ago, long before I met him. Spent many weeks in the hospital, then months in therapy. But he came out of it with a pretty fully functional ankle, except now arthritis has set in all these years later. It gets achy and weaK sometimes, and then he grabs his cane. I think the cane makes him look sexy, LOL. It's a cool one, and he's a good lookin' dude. I tell him it adds character. He tells me "only you would say that, sweetheart." I tell him darn tootin' and I'm the only one who matters.

Berta---I'm another who has never used carb quick. But do second Trigger's rec for GLCBC products. Once you're over the sticker shock, you appreciate how much better they are than most LC bread products---whether home made or on the market--- for very few NCs. My fave are the onion rolls. LOVE 'EM. Bagels second. Didn't like the Everything Bread at all, but gonna try the Rye Bread one of these days, as I think the texture may be better and Trig loves it. Would be nice to be able to enjoy a rueben.

Trigger---LOL, a 2 hour kiddo party. Never heard of such a thing. Hats off to
that mama, I would have felt guilty, like it wasn't enough. When my son was growing up kid's b'day parties were longer than most adults can last at their own parties, LOL. Although I must say, when we weren't giving the parties, we always appreciated how long they could go on. 4 or 5 hours off on a Saturday was a nice thing, much as we loved our little pumpkin. Those years were about so much joy, and so much effort, and not so much time to yourself. But it passes fast, and then you miss it. Kind of.

Well, working on having a very LC day today, and for what I've eaten and plan to eat, I should come in around 16 NCs, and not too bad on cals.

Trying to put in a really good day before the "Mother's day challenge." Tomorrow we will have a big family brunch at my brother's golf club. I am trusting it will be a lot better than the Easter brunch at Champs. Blech! You might remember me complaining bitterly about it. HATE calories and carbs spent on bad food. That's one thing I've learned---if I'm going to treat, cheat or go overboard, it's darn well going to be w/really good food.

Then Monday is my mother's 86th b'day, and the family will all meet at a wonderful Italian Restaurant. Another challenge! They never end if you are a person who gets out there in the world, celebrates w/your loved ones, joins the parties when they happen, and just joins in in general.

And of course, much of that happens around food! So, I see it as an opportunity to find a way to enjoy WITHOUT impairing my goals. Getting better and better at it, w/ a lot of experience.

I will say to all my LC pals, there is little that can compete with time and experience on this woe, and patience, and learning, and, and, and, it never ends.

For me, I am just happy for now at how much LC eating is a habit for me, how happy I am w/it 98% of the time, and how much I'm learning to integrate food, celebration, fun, AND health, AND not gaining back what I've lost. Been there done that, want to think I'm smart enough not to have to do it yet again, to knock knock puddin' head, finally get it this time.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue, about hubby's cane making him look sexy. I know what ya mean. when hubby is on a tractor I get that same feeling gets the butterflies in the tummy going.

How old is your son now Blue? Has he flown the coop yet or hanging out still or college?

----for me this morning, I am the first poster of the day.

it is almost 11 here. haven't eaten. drinking down lemon water.

late lunch will be tuna/cheese on those ONION POCKETS!
gonna finally try one.

I made pizza last night. YUM! Blue I need your hubby to give me pointers on knife skills to slice these in 2. I almost cut off my hand doing it cause it is thick, but not that thick. I felt for sure a bloodbath was going to take place. Also when I cut it, I left a thicker place.

I got to say I loved it thin. the thicker part of the crust was chewy just like the hamburger rolls. which didn't thrill me. but the thin crust got crispy and was definitely strong for the toppings, they didn't flop. It definitely beats my 5 nc tortilla pizza. which is flimsy and tasteless.

I would buy the pizza crust again. I got 2 more in the freezer. don't make much pizza at home. I still love to just scrap off the tops at my fav restaurant and eat with hot wings

dinner tonight is chicken and roasted asparagus wtih cheese.

My new 14 carpis are tight. DUH, like I need to wonder why.
So my 16s (only got 1 pair of them) are in the wash, so I scouted the top shelf and found a pair of 18 capris. got them on. vacuumed a bit ago and they kept literally sliding down. pathetic. gotta go find a belt. the butt is so big it is crazy but at least I got something on that is lightweight. IT IS HOT HERE. but I do remember when they fit well, so at least I can really see them falling off and that makes me happy.

off to get stuff done. housework today. happy mothers day to all and everyone be good!!
Old 05-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Hello!

I was on the original Low Carb Our Way thread for about a year but life got busy this spring so I stepped away for a while. I am ready to get back on track and I know this thread will help me stick with it!

Blue and Trigger, thanks for your posts in my donuts thread in the Main Lowcarb Lobby! Didn't know it would be so controversial.

I have been low carb since November 2012, but for the past few months I haven't been keeping an eye on calories or macros, and was hanging out about 5 lbs. above my low weight. But I have been on-track for a couple of weeks and am officially at my lowest of lows today - 203.6. Yes, only 4 lbs. from Onderland! And I feel I will make it there soon, I just have to keep my eyes on the prize. When I use an online food tracker I lose well. When I don't, I don't. Those days I tend to eat too much, even though it is all low carb.

So I hope to find some motivation here and give some as well! Might not be able to post too much this week as I am planning two graduation ceremonies for the univeristy where I work for next Saturday - around 15,000 people with attend both of them combined. So this week is stressful for me, but then it is summer! Bought some summer tops yesterday too, so I am ready.

Hope to get to know all of you!
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

YAY, Misti's back in town! Great to see you here, girl. We will love having you back w/us whenever it works for you. AND, just 3. whatever lbs from Onderland! Terrific. That will be fun to celebrate.

I know what you mean about tracking. Same for me. My default is just to eat too much food, LC and all. The tracker really helps me see what it all adds up to.

Good luck on your next couple of weeks, and look forward to seeing you here w/the summer. We missed you!

Trigger---Hahaha! If hubby saw this thread he'd say "so I'm up against a sexy guy on a tractor w/my cane??!?!"

My son went to college for 2 years, just wasn't feeling it. Didn't know what he wanted and wasn't ready. So he moved back in with us and now he's working full time as a waiter at a fancy dancy restaurant. He likes it and the money is
pretty good, but not good enough to get his own place yet, so he's saving up and we're :sprayer: up. Love him to bits of course, and it's often nice to have him here, but we want him to be out on his own w/all the lessons that entails. Too tempting to try to "mom him" when he's here, which he does not
appreciate---but once a mom always a mom.

On the pizza thing, I would assume you're using a nice sharp serrated bread knife, and cutting it horizontally, so after that maybe it would be easier to cut the pizza into quarters and try cutting them in smaller pieces? Less clumsy.

I'm going to order some. I use La Tortilla Factory tortilla at 7 NC's for a pretty big one. I fry 'em up and they're not bad, but it would be nice to have the option of something that tasted a bit more like a pizza crust. BTW, hope you buttered and toasted those onion rolls---then put tuna salad and cheese on top and toaster oven till cheese is all melty. But ya gotta toast 'em just right, too much and they get papery and dry.

Well, I'm late to check in today, because we ate so much at that M's day brunch we came home and just knocked out on the sofa. Holy moly, it was a fantastic brunch, way made up for the bad one at Champs.

I stayed pretty much all LC, and it was so easy to do because it was all so good. Salmon and halibut, roast beef, chicken and ham, cheesy scrambled eggs and excellent sausages, watermelon feta salad and lemony asparagus with mozzarella cheese, and, and, and.

I actually tracked everything I ate and managed to come in around just 20 carbs but the calories were pretty through the roof. And of course, now I'm hungry again. I forget that that's what happens when I eat a lot at one sit down, makes me want more later, LC or not.

I'd say tomorrow will be better, but we're taking mom out to dinner for her b'day, so it's back to back foodarama. Hoping tomorrow will be better as I'll be able to just order one thing. Those buffets can really get you, too hard not to go back for more, particularly when it's that good.

Hope all you wonderful ladies had a lovely mother's day.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in again quickly to share a bad discovery I made tonight. Had made myself a small salad for dinner, and was about to make myself a "cream soda smoothie w/blackberries for dessert, and I happened to look at the can THIS TIME.

Bought a six pack of Hansons mandarin lime a week or so ago, this was the last can. AND, turns out it's NOT the diet Hansons.

SO. I've had 5 smoothies with full sugar soda in the last week, 39 grams of sugar each.

OK, hasn't killed me, not going to kill me, but geez, all those days carefully tracking and choosing foods, only to find out I blew it out of the water on several days w/out even knowing it.

I picked it up at Trader Joes where the diet stuff usually is, and didn't look carefully. Picked up Hanson's Black Cherry too, and just checked and thankfully, that IS the diet,

Oh well. Gave the last can to hubby, and decided I don't need any of it tonight, even if it's the diet. Just sort of soured me on the idea. SIGH. Live and learn. I'll be checking these things more carefully in the future!
Old 05-12-2014, 01:42 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Up early, as usual and ready for boot camp. I need it after yesterday. We went to a retirement brunch for one of DH's buddies and I did ok with food there....aside from the Mimosas! When we got home I just couldn't get satisfied and ended up eating this and that all afternoon and evening. Just little bits that culminated in a dive into the PB jar. Sigh...... Feeling very puffy this morning. This too shall pass.

We're off to visit BIL later this morning. DH talked to him briefly after his surgery yesterday, but he was very groggy. His wife told DH that the Dr was very pleased with how the surgery went. They were able to put a rod in his lower leg, which they were not sure they would be able to do. As I understand it, he will have another surgery tomorrow. We'll find out today.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I have a short work week as I'm only working a couple hours this morning and then I'm off tomorrow to play in a golf tournament. The weather is looking good so it should be a nice day on the course.

Take care everyone.....make it a good Monday!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #354
Berta48

Good Morning Everyone
I am back home and I had a wonderful Mothers day with my daughter and grandson. We cooked on the grill, shopped in a organic market, bought some new pj's for ourselves and played board/card games and went to a movie and took a nap!

Had a terrible thunderstorm with hail and the whole bit right after our grilling out. I was concerned it was a tornado but just a bad storm.

Went off my LC plan at the movie.I have been Lcarbing a month Thurs and that was the first time. I went off intentionally..The popcorn smell just overtook me. But I do see a vicious cycle ,because that started the craving for more!!!When I came home last night late I stopped at Hardee's and ate a Big ham & cheese, bun and allThen at home I got into the Atkins coconut bars. And ate 2 of them.They made me gain when I first started.However now I see how carbs affect me. So no more (hopefully)

I was up.6 today, seems I can't get beyond that dreaded 240.When I did get to 239.8 I gained the next day just up and down up & down.But tis time it is my own fault

It sounds as if you gals are having a little trouble too.But no one ever said it was easy did they?

I was happy to hear you liked the french toast made from the rev. rolls made with mayo. It is one of my favoite LC foods.
I bought Bob Red Mill's LC bread mix that you make in the bread machine.So I want to try that in a week or so. Problem is it says 24 servings at 5net carbs. But how do you get 24 servings out of a loaf of bread from the bread machine? It will have to be pretty thin I would think.

I was going to bite the bullet and buy LC bread online but the shipping was like 56.00 as they said it needed to be kept cooled and if you didn't purchase the expidient shipping they weren't responsible if it wasn't good on arrival. Who in their right mind would pay that for a loaf of bread that cost over 7.00 to begin with?So that will have to wait for cooler weather.

I'm going to ask our Local HyVee if they can get it as they have a health food section.
They do carry Julian Bakery zero carb bread but 13.00 a loaf? GEEEZE.

Well I hope everyone has a very pleasant day it is pouring down rain here today. So probably just staying in and reading a good book / THE good book!
Old 05-13-2014, 02:06 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I decided to skip boot camp this morning as I'm feeling a bit beat up after yesterday's session. I thought I'd enjoy my round of golf better today if I'm not exhausted from boot camp! I'm just easing into my day with a couple cups of coffee. My cat started prowling around and got me up at 4...wish I could reset her internal alarm clock!

We went to see BIL at the hospital yesterday. He's doing as well as can be expected. They put a rod in his lower leg all the way from knee to ankle. He is having another surgery today and yet another on Thursday. They think they may have to do a skin graft to completely close the wound. He's having a some trouble dealing with the fear. He said he hasn't been so scared since he was in Viet Nam 40 years ago. He broke down and started to cry a couple times while we were there. He said when he closes his eyes he sees the truck turning in front of him all over again. I guess it'll just take time. It's not only the body that must heal, but the mind too.

We stopped at an Italian restaurant on the way home last night. It's called "Macaroni Grill" It is SO good. I had chicken parm with a small side of thin spaghetti. I only ate a couple forkfuls of the spaghetti and 1/2 the chicken. The leftovers will make a nice meal for the husband later this week.

Hope you all have a lovely day. I'm looking forward to a nice day on the golf course. Not sure how well I'll play, but it doesn't matter. I'm going to remember how fortunate I am to be able to be active.

Hugs all around!
Old 05-13-2014, 03:34 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue---duh, never thought of cutting it into manageable pieces BEFORE slicing it thin.
good idea obviously. this sure would help the control when cutting.

your son is a young'in. anyone under 40 is a young'in to me LOL he has plenty of time to figure out his direction. no need to rush thru life. sometimes we gotta cruise easy a bit til we know what we are wanting to do. getting a place would be a great step in the right direction, but boy to live on one's own now in this economy is rough
young families got it hard also.

woof on those sodas. I got caught a few times cause I didn't read labels, or picked up the wrong item. the amt in sugar in soda is mind boggling.

Lori, hope he has a great recovery. that would be super scary in life to have that kind of accident. And you are so right that while we can do things and aren't disabled or hurt in any way, we should be active and enjoy life. things like this accident kinda remind us of that!

Berta you said it. no one said it will be easy and it sure isn't for me
One thing I do know, if you stay lc, you will lose. might be slow, but ya lose inches sometimes before that scale budges alot. stay lc all the way and results will come.
too bad I can't seem to remember that also LOL

HI MISTI!!! Nice to hear from ya!!!

-----for me I jumped on a Klondike ice cream bar last night. 2 of them.
why? I don't know. ice cream is rarely bought anymore. usually I buy kiddo an ice cream at the little store. just one. cause ice cream is a killer for me. love love love it to the max. It used to be one of my nightime favs. to snack. She wanted some so a few days ago I got some on sale for her and it was in the freezer, me-- not minding it there til last night. I can forgot things and not want them then BAM, if they are there I jump.

lost the motivation somehow. it comes and goes. bad thing is good motivation stays for a few days, then I backslide in a small way.

I am not going back to disgusting eating habits and foods I know are bad for me, but I am eating just enough to get NO WHERE. stagnating. floundering around. up 5, down 5 up 6 down 6. used to be up 2-3 down 2-3....now it is a bigger jump. that worries me also.

and ya would think---if I was so darned worried---why am I not doing something hardcore about it? I don't know why? and that baffles me. Hmmmm

well it is good to chat it all out loud. I figure if I changed into this lax attitude, I guess I can change out again. hopefully soon!!!

busy day. doggie to groomer. and a ton of other things to get done as usual.
allergies are kicking in again. I got better, now I am going down hill again. nose seems swelled shut, ear is clogged up, voice is lousey today again????? what a pain. ya think you are better and down ya go again. but one shall survive as usual

Last edited by Trigger828; 05-13-2014 at 03:35 AM..
Old 05-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #357
Berta48

Hello Everyone
I stayed the same today so that really is a good thing after my cheats on Mothers day.

I have the Bob Red Mill's LC Bread mix in my bread machine baking. It smells good but it isn't very round and smooth looking like a loaf of bread.But I suppose that wont' affect the taste.I'm going to use my electric knife and try to get 24 slices from it.So we'll see? I did purchase Carbquick today so it will be here in a week or so.

I also orderd some oat fiber as I found some Lc bread recipes online that use it.

Do any of you use protein powder, and if so how and what does it tase like? If I get some, what kind Whey,Plain or what?I don't have any clue as to even how to use it.

Thanks Trigger you are right even if it's slow we have to continue on.
My problem is in the past when it got slow I'd quit.NOT this time.I have to make this a lifetime WOE!!
Have you tried the Breyer's Carb Smart icecream? Really good. 1/2c 5carbs.
Lori
I hope your BIL gets better soon.

BlueS
I did the same thing with sausage.When I got it home it was reduced fat.But I looked at the label and it was zero carbs so I bought it. I'm still eating it, and it is really good.What does this mean....Trigger's rec for GLCBC products?
Old 05-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---we have to try this Bryer's Carb smart ice cream Berta suggests. I'm not a big ice cream head, but when I want a bit, I want a bit. My nearby grocery store doesn't carry the Bryer's Carb Smart so I have to do some research. Maybe Target carries it? Anyway, with some berries, it would sure be better than the 2 Klondike bars. That verges on the hog wilder, girl,

I know you're struggling these days, I understand, believe me. This lousy cold and rainy spring is making me bluer than my name, and it just steps on that last nerve sometimes and makes me want to EAT. That's right Blue,
blame it on the weather! But seriously I wish you a big whoosh of motivation, because that's what it takes, even if it's hard to find sometime.

Lori---I feel for your BIL. Not just for his physical injuries, which will heal, but for the sheer mental trauma of it all. That can last and last. Prayers up he gets the help he needs, physically and mentally, to fight back. Steep hill to climb, wishing him the best.

You have a nice healthy relationship with your boot camp. You're Steady Eddie at it, while at the same time knowing when to take a break. AND w/golf, you have an alternative physical activity. Good stuff.

Berta --- Sounds like you're all set to experiment w/making LC breads. There are so many ways to do it, and if you have the time, I have no doubt you'll find one you like.

The one thing I would advise against is ANYTHING from Julianne Bakeries. Terrible stuff. And I don't know who quoted you over $50 for shipping, but that's insane. You can get GLCBC products shipped from netrition or the GLCBC site for a whole lot less. But if you like baking and making bread, good to try that route first, as it will be much cheaper all the way around. For me, I don't have the time, and the recipes my hubby and I tried weren't as good as the GLCBC products, so I pay their price, and count it a convenience, a blessing, and a great sub!

Did OK out to dinner last night. The reverse of the brunch. Lower on calories, higher on carbs. Had fish and a salad, but there was bites of this and that and red wine. It's just hard eat out, any way you slice it or dice it. And I have a gal pal B'day party out to eat this Thursday.

BUT, good day today, and that's the day that's here. Can't do anything about yesterday or tomorrow, just today. Had a GLCBC onion roll w/a tofu cashew spread for lunch. Will have a salad w/chicken for dinner. Tracker says I will come in under cals and carbs if I follow the plan. Going to follow the plan!

Still 2 pounds plus up from my low, for over a week now. Not so surprised given the last couple of days, not to mention my sugar overdose w/the NON diet drinks I didn't know I was doing. But at least it's a good reason why I've not dropped it.

Gotta just keep on keeping on. Darned if I'm done.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
What does this mean....Trigger's rec for GLCBC products?
Berta, it means Great Low Carb Bread Company. Google it, go to their site, and you will see the products available. There are lots of them, and we all have our faves. You can buy them from the GLCBC site, or here at netrition. Netrition is the best place to buy them from, shipping reasonable, service EXCELLENT. I only order some things from the direct site because they don't carry them on Netrition. (Check your headings, you'll find Netrition there, they sponsor this site.)

As I said in my last post, if you have the time to experiment w/making good LC bread products for yourself, you're sure to find something you like, but it might take multiple tries. Nothing wrong w/that. This whole woe is a matter of experimentation and I can't encourage you enough to do that, in every way when it comes to LC.

BUT, if you find you're not happy w/the results when it comes to LC bread products, then the Great Low Carb Bread Company is a very good alternative.
It's not cheap, to say the least, but when you add in the cost of all the ingredients and time needed to find that right LC sub for breads, it seems a lot more reasonable.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:28 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am scared to even type this.

on the onion pockets. I wanted to love them.

HOLD ON BLUE. DON'T FAINT.

to me they are too thick. too meaty in the middle and it reminds me exactly of the hamburger buns I got from them. chewy. just a weird chewy texture I can't get over.

I think that is why I like the rye bread. it is thinner. actually I noticed when I toast the rye, the crust gets like a rock. today I cut off the crust after toasting and it was a way better tuna sandwich. tuna and cheese on rye toast. yum.

the onion pockets. I think what I am going to do is cut one open, cut out the main part of the thick bread, and then make garlic toast out of it and see if I like it them.

---today was good clean lc day.

tuna and cheese on rye toast
few cashews
small bit of kiddo's beef jerky to chew on and no dinner yet. not hungry. might eat a bagel later iwth butter?? not sure but so far so good today.