Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #301
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stephie51
Stats: 178/171/169 first goal
WOE: LOW CARB MY WAY UNER 20
Start Date: April 2014
Lori that recipe sounds good too I will try it.

Didn't make it to the gym yest. Allergies. Scale went back down to 173 today. I'm not losing just hanging out and maintaining. Huh. I'm still happy with the original loss but wanna get off this last 7-8 lbs before Jamaica. May 31 Baby. Ok got to get serious in May. I know it is doable. Focus. Focus.

Have a good one today.
Stephie51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
how tall are ya Stephie? just wondering.

I am right there with ya. big focus for May. I will join ya in that focus
I need to get serious now also.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:34 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hey gals, thanks for all your nice words on my post. We write these things both for ourselves, and in hope someone else can get something out of it.

Stephie---Great news on your NSV. Also, lucky you to be heading for Jamaica. I LOVE Jamaica, and have been there many times. Where specifically in Jamaica are you headed for?

Lori---Count me too into the frustration of writing your heart out in a post and see it disappear. In my experience,it happens all over the net now and then, not just here.

Love the stories about your "furry alarm clock." Our critters are so much a part of our lives, for the better and the worse, but for most of us the BEST so out weighs the down sides.

Our dogger often wakes me up in the middle of the night to go out, even though we always let her out last thing before we go to bed. She's getting a bit older, and I think like me, LOL, her kidneys are on a less youthful schedule!

I have made fat bombs, just didn't realize that Stephie's chocolate bark was basically the same thing. They were too rich for me, so onward to other LC solutions for the sweet treat! And I've found some, and I'll find more as I go. Thankfully, my sweet tooth is not a big problem, as it's very much on the small side. For me, it's the BREAD TOOTH, the starch tooth, that I must do battle with.

Trigger---I've been trying to remember what it was about antibiotics that used to get to me, as it's been a long while since I've been on them. Then today it hit me. They ALWAYS constipated me! Constipation equals bloat---big time.

So, are you as regular on them as you were before? This can be a hard question, because sometimes we're kind of half and half. We do just enough not to worry about it, but at the same time fail to notice that we're not quite as regular as normal, and this can build up.

I'm thinking you might be suffering from some degree of constipation due to the antibiotics, and this WOULD account for the bloated feeling you have. What say you?

Another in a long chain of cold, windy rainy days. Spring? What spring?!?!

Thankfully, I had a working at home day today, as I will tomorrow too. So I just put on my big warm fuzzy slippers, and keep it as cozy as I can, including for me today, a nice nap---didn't sleep all that well last night.

My LC day has been good, will come in at under 25 carbs, and under my calorie goal by a bit. Just not that hungry today. Love days when that happens!

Hanging in there today at 179.2. I note over and over again that my bounces have been smaller with every day I pay attention to the water I drink. A small, unexpectedly hard thing, but I'm telling you gals it makes a big difference. This is a habit I want to continue to get into.

Not to mention, that since I cut my carbs down to at least under 30, I have felt more issues w/semi-constipation, despite the fact that I take 500 mg. of Magnesium a day. Lord, If I didn't at least do that, I would have blown up from constipation a long time ago. LC can be VERY constipating. Also, Mag is a very nice sleep supplement. Taken before bed, it makes you so pleasantly drowsy.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #304
Junior LCF Member

Hey I take 500 mag too and have for years. And thanks to coffee. Now the carbquick is a big help. Lots of fiber in those waffles.
Trigger. I am 5'8".
Is going to Sandals Whitehouse
Old 05-01-2014, 01:19 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good (early!) morning! Yep...the furry alarm clock strikes again...3:30 this time.

Well...a new decade on the scale is not to be for me today. Stuck at 190 for now. I was actually expecting a gain as I had "one of those days" yesterday. WAY high on carbs and eating things that I haven't eaten in months. I may try the scales tomorrow or Saturday and see if I've lost the extra carb bloat.

I'm leaving work early today for my 6 week chiropractic maintenance appt. She combines massage with the adjustment and keeps me in good shape. I have chronic low back and hip issues, but if I go every 6 weeks to have her go over me, I stay in good shape. With all the working out that I do, I need to make sure things stay in alignment! I'll tell you, she's worth her weight in gold when you're hurting.

May 1st.....hard to believe. I hope the weather soon turns warm and stays warm! We've had a rainy, dreary week and it's getting depressing. I want to get back in to doing a little running once the mornings are a bit warmer. I'll cut boot camp back to 3 days a week and try to run 3 days.

Saturday morning DH and I are heading to my sister's about 2 hrs away. She's getting ready to put her house on the market and DH will trim up her shrubbery and help with some things she needs done. Her husband died 2 years ago and she's ready to move on with her life. She'll be moving into a 55+ apartment complex when her house sells. She's under so much stress, I'll be glad when she's settled into her new life.

Ok....enough of my yammering. Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:46 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Lori your sister sounds like she has a new and exciting adventure coming her way. a complex is smart, no yard work etc. let someone else do it
hubby has the chronic back pain also. fell out of a deer stand and fractured his back and his job is heavy machinery type. I gotta say I feel for all of you in pain all the time. not good! wish hubby could get better. his chiro helps alot also.

Where is MsGoody? Is she on a trip or something? She needs a check in

Blue that could be it. I am doing my thing, but I swear it isn't my normal thing. LC doesn't stop me on bit from going. alot of people have problems, I am the type that doesn't, but lately (now thinking back since ya brought it up ), I swear less is coming out. Hmmm. could easily be it.

I just don't have that thin feeling. constant bloaty feeling. sure hate it.

ate heavier lc yesterday. about 35 nc. too much for me but at least I stayed true to plan and did up the water.

I just keep plugging along.

tonight is crab legs. yummy. MIL b-day so we are heading out. weather still cruddy. unreal spring. just horrible. like Lori it is making me sad also. I require sun!!!

everyone hold tight and work the plans. we can get this done!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Good Morning,

Lori---Have fun spending time with your sister. My family is on the east coast and I'm here in Kansas. So, I don't see them much, but we still keep in touch.

Trigger---I hope your bloat goes away soon. It could very well be that regularity issue like Blue said.

Stephie---Jamaica sounds lovely! That's definitely a great motivator!

I'm still here. Same old, same old. Not gaining, not losing, just maintaining. I didn't work out yesterday. I decided to take the day off. I've been having some problems with shin splints. They are terribly painful and make it hard to get thru a mile. It really is strange how my body works. The reactions my body seems to have are very delayed. When I first started working out it took 5 days for my muscles to react at all and now having been consistently working out for about a month I get these shin splints. It really seems like my body is saying "ok, knock it off I'm not into this working out thing." I'm still not listening. I'll be back at it today. I just know it's gonna be killer, but I gotta do it!

My son is home from school today. His asthma is flaring up. Allergies and pollen are pretty bad here right now. It's been raining for days, which of course we need, but I'm definitely ready for some sunshine and warmer days.

It's hard to believe it's already May 1st! Which means that next month we're headed back east for that wedding I've been preparing for. It'll be so nice to see our family again for such a wonderful, happy occasion and 20 pounds lighter to boot!

I hope you're all doing well. Have a great day on plan!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Stephi, Sandals is lovely. One of the many things I love about Jamaica is that the water there is the MOST gorgeous turquoise blue, and so clear you can often see your toe nail polish when up to your shoulders! And warm. And the fresh fish dishes there are out of this world. You shouldn't have a hard time staying mostly Low Carb, except for the usual vacation temptations.

Lori---Yes, it sounds like your sister is on her way to a much less stressful life. I know I could NOT keep this old house up w/out my hubby, wouldn't even try. Plus, another benefit to your sister of being in a complex of folks her age is that she'll have more opportunities to socialize, meet new people, maybe join in some activities there. Lucky for her she has a loving little sis coming to the rescue this weekend!

Trigger---When do you get off the antibiotics? It will be interesting what happens in the week after they're no longer in your system. I just have a feeling this is it. Even 35 carbs is not bad and shouldn't cause this day in day out bloat. Have a fab time out with the MIL and the crabs tonight. Should be an easy LC night, just keep eating those crabs w/lots of lemony butter, and a nice crisp salad, and you should be full w/out any problems.

msgoody---No expert on this, maybe Lori can weigh in, but from my exercising days I remember that two things caused me shin splints. One was not stretching out really thoroughly before working out, and the other was bad shoes. But even doing everything right, I do remember days I'd wake up w/the splints, and they are so uncomfortable. Although I will say with a good stretch, I could often work them out as I exercised. Also,
don't forget to stretch on your off days too.

Nice cozy day at home. Like almost everywhere else it seems, the rain and chill continue. But I've given up on complaining about it for now, and am going with it. Good excuse to get cozy on the sofa and read. As soon as the sun comes out again, all kinds of yard work will pop up, so I might as well enjoy a bit of laying around while I can.

Just had a yummy breakfast of ham, poached eggs and Trader Joe's Hollandaise sauce---that stuff is liquid gold, LOL. Going to make myself a yummy salad tonight. So should be a good day on the woe. Also picked up some Hanson's Black Cherry and mandarin lime diet soda today. Forgot how much I love both over ice w/cream. Drank them all the time when it was warmer, and it really hits the mark for me when I want something sweet later in the evening.

Hanging in there at 179.2 again today---although at first it came up 178.something, clear as a bell, then changed it's mind and ticked up to 179. But often when I see a flash of a new number, it's not long till it comes up and stays.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #309
Junior LCF Member

Well I'm not sure if I said it yet but if I eat carbquick waffles and the next day I go easy peasy sorry tmi.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gals,

Checking in again today, a bit late. We just had my hubby's cousin over for dinner, LOVE him, and had so much fun. The guys had a big carby dinner that hubby made, and I made my own delishy salad dinner. We all cozied up in front of our fire and ate our meals, laughed, talked, and everyone was happy w/what they had to eat, including me!

It's just so cool to me that I can have a lovely, sociable evening that revolves around food, AND keep to my carb and cal goals, AND have a good time, AND feel totally satisfied. Yeah, their dinner looked good, but mine was yummy too, and so much better for me and my woe. Granted, easier to do this in a casual setting like tonight, just the three of us in front of a big fire. Still, it shows me, again and yet in one more way, that I DON'T have to give up the enjoyment of food, while everyone else is enjoying theirs. I can have that too, AND stay on plan.

Also, made reservations for mid June in my home town at our fave funky fabulous hotel.
We will stay two days there, and two days w/my oldest pal. We will see many old friends, and party our way through 3 days with them.

So, I have another trip/event to motivate me. I'd like to be at 175 by the time we go on June 13. I think this is pretty ambitious, judging from my SD goal, which I did not meet, BUT which I have me since.

You know, whether I get to 175 by June 13 or not isn't really the issue. The point is that I'm gunning for it, I want it, and that will keep me in the saddle more firmly till then. So at the very least, I won't gain weight before I go, and w/any luck and lots of commitment, I'll have lost at least another pound or two by then, if not 4 pounds.

Love me some mini goals, things to look forward to, and motivate for.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:36 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Blue it can not be that time of year again that you are seeing your friends for a fab weekend? how long have we been on this board chatting LOL

you are doing so well. you keep on trucking. lc is your bag baby!!! You got good time to get rid of a bit more.

for me---bleck---ate crab legs last night. did well tho. ate like 3 fries just snatched off kiddo's plate. small salad with it. I purposely dunked my crab into alot of butter to get the old 'hohumm butt situation' happening. I thought maybe a lot of fat in the gut would slide the world....and oh boy did it ever. too much.

I noticed I can't eat different much anymore. when I overeat fat, stray a bit on carby stuff etc. my body goes into shock almost. I feel it instantly. react instantly to certain ways of eating that are not good

which I guess is a good thing cause LC reminds me when I eat lc and reasonable, I feel great. when I do a bit of other things the body feels nasty.

4 more days of meds. then freedom from the stupid things. going to be cautious this week. then next week when off these things I am going to attack a bit.

got work to do today, busy busy and gotta hit the road for a few things. yuck. cloudy and kinda icky out, not sure what it is going to do. cold also. who knew I was in the South? more like Alaska here LOL

be good everyone!!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:46 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I did well all day yesterday until I fell head first into the PB jar last night. I hope I remember how "icky" I felt afterward the next time I'm tempted to get into it!

I didn't weigh in this morning as I figured I'd be up. No sense ruining my whole weekend, right?

Boot camp again this morning, making 4 days this week! We had lots of AB work this morning so my tummy is feeling nice & tight. Great feeling.

DH and I are leaving early tomorrow morning for the 2 hr drive to my sister's and won't be back till Sunday afternoon. I'll keep up with reading here, but it's too hard to post from my phone.

Be good & I'll catch up with you all on Monday!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

have a fun and productive weekend Lori. great job on that boot camp!!
Old 05-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Morning gals.

Missed my check in yesterday. Just didn't feel great. Slept a lot. Much better today.

Trigger---Yep, we've been chatting it up here for well over a year, (having lots of fun doing it too and you're right it is our annual summer trip "home." It's always a blast and I can't wait.

Sorry those crabs turned into um, something less than hoped for. Again, they may have stirred up an already constipated situation from the antibiotics. Like you, I can't eat as much fat as some can either. Love it, but need it mixed with protein veggies and some fruit---mostly berries. Things like fat bombs don't work for me, just too rich and make me feel nauseous. Used to happen to me sometimes w/movie popcorn and butter too, back in the days when I could polish off near a bucket myself.

Hope you are feeling better w/every day, and glad you'll be off those meds soon.

Lori---As I type, I know you're there w/sissy and hubby, helping get things in order to sell. Hope you're having some good laughs a long the way, and that your day ends over some good LC meal, w/great conversation and love.

There is a strange light in the sky here to day! Someone said they call it the sun! Some of us had forgotten what it was, haven't seen it in so long, LOL.

So tonight we're having another small dinner party. A couple we are very close to just returned from living in Panama for 6 months, and we can't wait to hear about their experiences. BIL and SIL coming too, also friends of theirs.

Hubby is making Chicken peanut soup, I'm making a great salad, and we'll have a nice buttery garlic baguette. But tonight I'm going to make my own garlic bread w/GLBC onion roll. Not a bad LC dinner, but there will be grapefruit in the salad, and the peanut soup has some carbs too.

I'm having a nice lunch this time, not doing that saving cals and carbs thing. I will enjoy the dinner in moderation, and it will be what it will be.

Well, off to clean up and set my table, repeat of last Saturday. It's fun to feel like entertaining again, we were such hermits all winter!

Have a lovely Saturday all!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:00 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all.

Our little party last night was a lot of fun. Dinner was really yummy and I did well with the carbs. Had my GLCBC onion roll and no focaccia. One helping of soup and salad, no dessert. Still bounced up this am, but not caring. It will be gone soon.

AND, I was able to wear a pair of capris I got at TJ Maxx a couple months ago. They were a great price, but a bit too snug. But they worked for me last night! Our pals who had not seen me in 6 months were very generous w/their compliments. So that was really nice.

Hey Lori---I'm going to have some left over peanut chicken soup for brunch, which reminds me, this is a recipe you might want! There's peanut butter in it! It's really yummy w/the chicken and some curry and a bit of bite. You sprinkle toasted coconut and chopped scallions on the top. Easy to make and you'd get your peanut butter taste without "diving into the whole jar," LOL. About 12 NCs for a cup and very filling.

Feeling tired today, parties are fun but lots of work. After my soup I'm going to curl up and read. Mom's coming for dinner so I'll be up and at 'em later in the afternoon.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Glad youu got compliments. that is never old is it? one of the best ways to know we are getting results! others can see those results and that feels good!!

put in my order. 2 rye, 2 onion, 2 everything bagels, and 4 pizza crusts. can't wait to get it all!

SOOOOOoooo tired today. no idea why. can barely keep my eyes open. doing some outside work and other junk that needs to get done. starting to deal with opening the pool and soon and all that mess that goes with it.

gonna ride horse tomorrow. Barb and me going to local place. not far. Latta Plantation. nice equestrian trails tho.

gonna go relax. maybe catch some winks. tuna today and bit of cheese. nothing else. cutting myself down to basics. dinner tonight is sautee chicken with asparagus.

time to break a bit from all the extras. I need that every now and then. just eat basic and simple and not alot. gets me back in control.

everyone be good!!!
Old 05-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Hi!

Back from a busy weekend at my sister's. WOW, did we work hard! We worked in her yard for about 6 hours spreading mulch, weeding and everything else. We brought home a truck load of "stuff". She gave my DH most of her husband's tools and various other things. She was so happy with everything that was accomplished this weekend. The realtor is coming to take pictures this week and now everything looks lovely.

I worked like a dog yesterday and waited too long to eat. When we finally went out for dinner, I over ate big time and was so miserable. I'm hoping I learned my lesson! I'll weigh again on Thursday and see where I am. I will not let that silly number make me feel bad about myself. Back to boot camp tomorrow and life goes on, even though I stuffed myself one night.

Blue...I would love that peanut chicken soup recipe! Share when you have time. Thanks!

Ok.....time to tend my laundry....I had a mountain of it to take care of.

Later!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Back Lori!

Don't worry about your indulgence. Life happens! You're back home and you'll get back into your routine and everything else will fall into place

It was another gorgeous weekend! Saturday was busy, as usual. We went to a friends christening and then I went grocery shopping and my oldest sons baseball practice squeezed in there. Sunday another baseball practice and we went to a BBQ, which was great! Great food with great people and the weather was fantastic! We all got a little sunburned but it was so great to finally be out enjoying being outside.

My weight is the same, no change there. I've come to a point where I'm not even weighing everyday. If my clothing starts getting tight I'll know if something is happening and I'll tighten the belt, so to speak. But for now, my body seems to be liking this weight and I'm not concerning myself with it since it's about more than a number on the scale for me.
Msgoody2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Oh my......what a Monday! Short-handed at work and it was busy! Made the day go fast so that's good.

Boot camp was rough this morning. I can't wait to get home and get dinner over with so I can sit in my recliner and rest my back. It's aching today. It probably has something to do with the yard work I did this weekend too. I think there's a glass of wine in my future!

Michelle...good idea to just use your clothes as a guide. They are the best measure of how you're doing.

Ok.....another hour to get thru here and then I'm free! It's been a long day!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

I'm keeping in line with Cinco De Mayo and I am preparing some Carne Asada. Which is just marinated beef or flank steaks on the grill. The meat is marinating and will be for a few hours. I am a girl that just loves Mexican food. The spicier, the better! BTW spicy food is good for the sinuses and I need all the help I can get in that area LOL!

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!
Msgoody2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

Lori---I will get you that recipe soon. I'll probably PM it. Easy and so darn good. You can make a big batch too. It freezes very well. Or the way you love PB, just keep a big vat in the refrigerator, LOL.

Glad you had such a productive weekend w/your sister and she's on her way to a better time and place. W/all that activity I'm sure the carby dinner did little damage. And then it's back to boot camp! I so admire how you stick to that.

msgoody---Totally forgot it was Cinco De Mayo. Brings back memories of when we used to take our son to our cities huge celebration on the east side and stuff ourselves w/yummy Mexican food.

Good going on the attitude about where you're at weight wise. When we're feeling good about how we look in our clothing the battle is close to won.

And for me, on that note, "close" is the operative word. Or maybe closer. Had the day free from work today, so I went to Macy's to return two skirts I'd ordered and didn't like enough to keep. And of course, tried on a bunch of other stuff because it was Friends and Family day and everything was 25% off, including sale merch. (even though w/ the lighting in those dressing rooms it's a miracle they sell anything---wonder how much more they could sell if they FINALLY lit dressing rooms more softly.)

After spending the afternoon in those horrible dressing rooms, I realize why I'm not done, not where I want to be yet. Don't get me wrong, it's so much better than it used to be, and I did manage to find a few cute and cheap things that look good on me.

BUT, having to look at my body over and over, told me I'm not done, worlds better than before, but not done. Particularly through the mid body. There's more fat than there needs to be there, period, and on top of hips.

You know gals, it just looks unhealthy to me now, and I don't want to carry it around. And of course, it's jiggly and dimply to boot. Need to start doing some exercise for that, but boy, having a tough time dragging myself back on that wagon.

Still, the bottom line is I really believe it would be healthy for me to lose another 10 lbs 15 would be nice, but 10 still seems necessary. I know it's going to be slow going, but this afternoon I realized I want it gone. So even though it was a humbling afternoon in the horrorama of dressing rooms, it was a good one. I could just feel commitment growing, AND, I still got some cute stuff. Gotta love that combo!

So far today just an avocado w/some tomato brushetta stuff on top. Think Tuna cheeses are going to be it for dinner again, I'm in that mode right now, they taste so great to me.

So we're almost done w/Monday and into the week go. Let's make it a good one on the woe.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

OMG...I had a total meltdown tonight. About 5 minutes before I was due to leave work, DH called and said "We have a problem". He went out our back door and somehow locked the screen door and could not get in. All downstairs doors and windows were locked. We have a key hidden outside for the back door, but not the screen door as we never lock it. It is just a little lever that he evidently bumped into lock position. Anyway, I told him to call a friend of ours that has an extension ladder as I remembered 1 upstairs window that was unlocked. The guy with the ladder and I got here at the same time and within 5 minutes, we were in. Stress! I have "fixed" that screen door so that it can't lock and also unlocked a downstairs window. We have an alarm system, so if someone opens the window, the alarm will go off if we are in bed or not at home.

Anyway........DH had brought home a pizza and I was just in the wrong frame of mind and said "What the he!!" The upside was that I was truly hungry and I ate 2 smallish pieces of pizza. The kicker was eating one of the peanut butter eggs that my sister had made for DH and sent home with us this weekend. Anyway, I have to just forget it as it's done and over with. Tomorrow is a new day when we hopefully won't get locked out of our house! It could have been worse, thanks to our friend with the ladder!

I hope this little meltdown doesn't cause me too much of a scale bounce, but whatever.

Blue...I look forward to that recipe! It sounds like something yummy for lunch!

Have a good evening!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgoody2shoes View Post
I'm keeping in line with Cinco De Mayo and I am preparing some Carne Asada. Which is just marinated beef or flank steaks on the grill. The meat is marinating and will be for a few hours. I am a girl that just loves Mexican food. The spicier, the better! BTW spicy food is good for the sinuses and I need all the help I can get in that area LOL!

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!
msgoody---YUM. I'm a gal who says the spicier the better too! And Oh yeah, for plugged up sinuses or even if you're just stuffed up from alLergies or a head cold, something hot spicy really clears you up and out---it's like a miracle, LOL.

Lori---oh Lord, these things like being locked out of your own home can really make you crazy for a bit. Glad all is well now. And, if I might ask, what the heck is a peanut butter egg?!?!?!

Also, PM'd you the chicken peanut soup recipe. Please let me know if you got it, as I wasn't sure if I should add the "" to the address. Tried that and it wouldn't send, so just made it to "Lori" but I noticed there were a lot of Lori's
so just want to make sure you got it.

Trig--- Where are you today girl? Hope you're feeling better.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:48 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

No, Blue...I didn't get a pm from you. I'll try sending you a PM and then you can just reply with the recipe. Sorry to be such a pain!

A peanut butter egg as in the Easter candy that people make. My sister makes them every year and she saved some for my husband.

I ate all that last night and woke up in the night starving! I didn't sleep very well from about 1:30 on and I have a LONG day ahead. Boot camp, work and then playing 9 holes of golf.

I'll pop in later to check on you all!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:25 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

hey guys. love reading your posts. everyone is all over the place

I melted down yesterday. kiddo begging for chinese. UGH! I ate whatever the heck I wanted. Not much of it, but a taste of all the things I gave up. scale is up 4 lbs.

I am 206 right now. Insanity. Sodium, sure, will go fast but by gosh I am not anywhere near a downward trend for such a long time it worries me now. I get that feeling that I am wandering away from my way of eating. THEN I CAME home and later that night jumped on 4 fudge stripe cookies! I said who cares! Not good for this old gal. Who cares can take me a ton of places I don't want to go.

Back to induction. Pure and Simple!!! hitting grocery for extra eggs, small ribeyes, and other stuff I eat on induction.

I feel the control slipping! I see it coming truly. I must get a handle on it NOW.

always something, seems like always a darn battle to fight in life daily. pain in the *** to me

---had a great ride yesterday but cut short. Jade was perfect. Latta Plantation nice. changed all the trail systems etc. and was happy how wide and good footing for the trails. Barb got a hip problem happening. We were running and somehow her horse went sideways wiggle and she twisted her hip in the saddle. ?? but it was enough to nail her. So she was in pain so we headed back to the trailer. about 1 ride. hey, I got on and had a blast anyway gonna pick another day to head out and go up into the mountains.

I feel HUGE! from my low of around 197 (flashed for a second there) being at this bloat weight is absolutely horrible feeling. hope it is enough to make me miserable and want to hit induction hard.

stagnating here. Not a good thing. gonna do the right thing and find control.

everyone be good! I know I have to
Old 05-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Lori---check your PM, tried again, hope it's there!

Trigger---Oh boy, that Chinese buffet gets you every time, girl! Is it possible that you could pick up take out for the kiddo there and bring it home, and then eat your own thing?

Whatever the solution, you MUST banish the "what the heck" fairy---she is ALWAYS up to no good. Makes you think you'd actually be happier stuffing yourself w/carbs and gaining all that weight back. She is ALWAYS wrong about that, and should not be listened to.

But Trig, the thing I know about you, is you know how to get a grip on it, even when it's whistling though your hands. Seen you do it plenty of times. Nothing I can say more than I believe you CAN do this, CAN lose to your goal. Now you just have to decide the same, right?

GOOD day here. REALLY productive. Got so much done for work, love those days when the muse decides to show up, rather than bask on some far away beach leaving me in the lurch, LOL.

Up about 2 pounds from my low, despite good LC, low cal days. It happens. Patience will be my eternal struggle---and in far more than just my woe!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Got it Blue....thanks so much! Now if only I could get you to come here and make it for me! Sounds yummy!

I made it thru my day.....even walking 9 holes of golf after work. I forgot to take my protein bar out on the course with me and man I was starving till I got home! I've eaten a bit and am about ready to head for the shower and bed. Tomorrow is my day off exercise and I'm glad! The old body needs a break!

Have a restful night!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:18 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

You are so right Blue. banish the 'what the heck fairy' is important for me. Cause it has been a very long time I am getting NO WHERE. I kinda think about others and how long it does take to get to goal. Some can stride right to it, others have a million detours but still get there those detours add time.

yesterday was good lc day for me. induction. somehow induction keeps me in a box. which is good. most times I can't be in a box, controlled like that, but induction does something to me I can't explain. it triggers something in me about control heck, I don't know but it works for me when I put my foot down and get into induction phase again.

18 net carbs yesterday and bloat this morning is way way less. still up on that scale but if I stick to this I can correct it quickly. get back to the 199 area fast again I hope!!!

Patience is an eternal struggle. BOY YOU SAID THAT RIGHT! lol

kiddo has a class trip today. I am going also, eh. old salem village. about 1 1/2 drive. all day. but I can sign her out early so it shouldn't be too bad. I am not one to have a blast with 100 3rd graders. so will be gone all day and going to stop for a giant bacon/cheese omlette.

I can't wait for my netrition order. I really need that stuff. while not 'induction' perfect foods, it means I can make a sandwich, which is something I have been relying on. doesn't hurt my induction either. for me it is all about carb counts.

ok off to get ready and everyone hold strong!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

A bit late to the check in today. After several easy days, work reared it's head today, big time. Lots of stuff flying all of a sudden, I never know when it's going to hit.

Lori---Glad you got the recipe, and will repeat, it's not hard to make, takes about a half hour, as long as you do it w/rotisserie chicken. Gotta say, I think you'd really like it…

Trigger---OMG, let it just be said I'm not one to have a blast w/100 3rd graders either, LOL. Although, I was once a teacher, but of high school kids, and boy, could I tell you some stories about some of those field trips. Aye yi yi. Thinking I might prefer the third graders.

Know what you mean about waiting on the nutrition order. I've learned to keep ahead on my GLCBC order, but at least I can always buy my alt sub, the TJ's sprout wheat. I'm all about subs, and totally agree w/you, the variety of a sandwich, or an eggs benny, or a tuna cheesy or whatever is indispensable for me.

Enjoying one of my fave salads for dinner as I type this. Been a good day on the woe. Will end up at carb and calorie goals, by the hair of my chinny chin chin, LOL, and BTW, I must go pluck those.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:44 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

A new decade appeared on the scale this morning!!! I just slipped in at 189, so I hope it holds. I never want to see the 190's again! I've actually been staying fairly low carb, but trying to eat intuitively. I only eat when I'm truly hungry, but eat pretty much what I want. This week I've had an oatmeal raisin cookie one night, last night I had an English muffin...and look at that...the scale went down! I go for bloodwork next week so we'll see what my blood sugar looks like. I'm hoping it's down.

Hmmm....speaking of oatmeal raisin cookie....I think I'll have one before boot camp! I'm going to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds....yum!

I'll check in with you all later!