Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
CONGRATS Stephie!!

1.5 is a great drop. would love a bunch of those for sure LOL

200 carbs is way too much. a diabetic should be heading toward lower carb. the lower she goes the better she will feel and help her body.

80-200 is a big spread. she needs to kinda pick a number and hover there and see how it does for her. wishing her luck. it isn't easy to change how we eat. it is so a part of us...but sometimes we must do it for our health etc.

hold the course! lc is all good!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2014, 11:24 PM   #272
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stephie51
Stats: 178/171/169 first goal
WOE: LOW CARB MY WAY UNER 20
Start Date: April 2014
Well I did good all day TIL dinner and had some thin crust pizza. Salad. I feel full. Don't like that. Oh and a red wine.
Stephie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:18 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you can scrap the tops off pizza and ditch the crust.
or find ways to make your own lc pizza.

when we hit a pizza buffet I scrap tons of toppings off and eat those and have a PILE of crust stacked for garbage. I know the waitress wonders about weirdo me LOL

bread is my worst for bloat in the gut. any flour/grain type products blow me up fast. I don't like that feeling anymore so I truly avoid breads/crusts/etc. being LC I said to myself, even though some days I go higher carbs, breads/pastas/flour etc. are to be avoided.

the faster I gave up 'bready' type foods the better my results.

key with alcohol is don't eat junk with it. if you drink then stay very lc and the scale is way more forgiving. drinks and lc means you stall but don't gain, drinks with carby foods mean a gain for most and a stall
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:27 AM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I saw a post where the person used the lc pizza crusts from GLCB. wow they are expensive. but the poster said they slice them in half to make 2 crusts cause they are thick. hmm...now that would be reasonable. thin crust pizza super lc. gonna get my order ready and get some of the crusts. 2 crusts, 2 rye bread, 2 everything bagels and 2 onion pockets. that should hold me well for a bit

still bloated up. no scale, not worrying about it. this sick should be over in a reasonable time and then I will move forward.

I just can't seem to worry about this anymore. I hate the time delay in losing, fret about it, but that gets old and tiring! sick of fretting over losing a few lbs time will work with me eventually.

seems like a decent start to the day with big storms coming. gonna do a few things and rest the bulk of the day. kinda tired. and I just woke up LOL

keeping it easy lc today. but last night I jumped on a cookie ice cream thing that is in the house for kiddo. OMG so sweet but good. I wanted 6 more of them, but stopped. I could have easily went hog wilder!!

but also I gotta watch this behavior. again, I know me, allow it back in my life and I am done for. so LC all the way today baby. gonna track carbs today and keep very low.
I have to watch boredom eating. I can do that very easy!!!

everyone be good today and have a great sunday!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Mornin' all.

Stephie---good job on the 1.5 down. Agree w/Trig's posts, finding some good LC subs makes this woe much easier, and that takes a bit of time and testing, but it's worth it. I have not had much luck making LC pizza crust, haven't liked any of them, but might try the GLCBC product. I'm not a big pizza hound so it's not a problem for me. So today's a new day, just hop back on plan and keep on keeping' on!

Trigger---Oh honey, you've had a rough couple weeks here. Then to find out you weren't taking enough of the meds! Hope w/taking them correctly you'll be feeling better much sooner. I think when we don't feel well, or are very tired, this woe is a lot harder.

Glad you didn't do the hog wilder on those cookie ice cream sandwiches. And I agree, you're right to "watch that" because I've seen you tumble with it. You don't want that, even if you feel crappy and bloated from being sick, which imo makes us vulnerable to that "what the heck" disease. Also agree, it's tiresome to worry every pound. Better to put the energy into good LC meals and maybe something new to wear that you're 5 pounds from looking great in. That one really works for me, just the act of trying it on every couple of days or so is motivating. Positive energy instead of negative energy.

We had lots of fun last night. I love a small dinner party, cozy and lots of good talk. I like how happy it makes folks when you make them a great meal served on a pretty table, warm 'em up with a toasty fire, and just fuss over them a bit with hospitality.

As for food, well, I didn't do too bad, didn't do too good either, LOL. Kept it to about a half cup of pasta, but 2 pieces of garlic baguette, sooooooo good. I should have just used one of my GLCBC onion buns, didn't think of it. Had no dessert at all. But there was wine and lots of LC food.

I didn't stuff myself though, didn't feel uncomfortable and nauseated, so I'll call that progress.I remember a night last fall, the last time we had people over for this same dinner, I did do the hog wilder and really felt ill afterwards.

So, up two pounds this am, got that eight back, not surprised. So I've had my treat night, and I'm back on plan today with lots of water, and I think, pretty much just meat and eggs, because I feel like it.

Going to make some eggs and ham with Trader Joe's hollandaise sauce for breakfast. Tonight maybe Buffalo wild wings. Will check in later to report, because I find after treat nights, it helps me to hug close to this place.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
I didn't stuff myself though, didn't feel uncomfortable and nauseated, so I'll call that progress.I remember a night last fall, the last time we had people over for this same dinner, I did do the hog wilder and really felt ill afterwards.
THAT is progress. truly. when great food is presented and we stuff and get sick off it, we still have problems. when we can control, eat a bit and hold that control, feel great the next day---and get back on plan--that 2 lbs up is nothing. it will be like that in maintenance. YOU DID very well!!

I agree. I can 'catch the 'what the heck' disease' very easily.

I can tumble fast. I know me. just gotta listen to ME, ya know. listen to WHAT I KNOW about me and catch it to help myself

I still can't talk. unreal. I ran to the store for steaks for dinner tonight and all I did was smile like an idiot, until I had to 'croak out a whisper'---I CAN"T TALK WELL right now LOL in fact, I have to kinda gear up to get ANY words out at a whisper. hmm....will see where this leads. might be more Drs. in my future if this doesn't correct itself.

You are so grounded Blue. YOU keep me there also. Keep me within reason in the zone. I like that
Old 04-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Hi Everyone!

Home from our weekend away. DS and his 5 friends all finished the marathon in fine form! It was in Gettysburg PA and was a VERY hilly course which was quite challenging for them. It was exciting to see all shapes & ages finishing a marathon!

I did pretty well with my eating. I had some carbs, but was very selective.

Back to strict plan tomorrow and hope to see a new decade on the scale this week!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend. Our weather was glorious!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Very quiet here today. Hubby is gone visiting his dad for the day and tonight. Son is working. So I've got the joint to myself. The weather is atrocious, cold, windy, rainy, so I'Ve been cleaning up from last night, and cruising around the net looking for some new LC recipes and LC words of wisdom. I like to do that as part of jumping back on plan after a treat night.

Trigger---Ask my husband how grounded I am sometimes, of the many nicknames he has for me, one of his faves is "my little flakette." And I can be spacey, you know the creative type with my head in the clouds a lot of the time. Thankfully he's very practical, and does his fair share in keeping me tethered to the ground. Credit where credit is due.

But when it comes to this woe, and how much I DON'T want to go backwards, I'm actually surprising myself these days with how I'm doing this.

I think it's because I really want it, you know? I was thinking about this today, as I made my LC breakfast after seeing all the left over pasta and sauce in the refrigerator, nothing but myself to stop me from digging in. Thinking how I would have once eaten 2 plates of spaghetti for breakfast. And it would have made me happy while I was eating it, but then I would feel, stuffed and fat, because well, I was stuffed and fat.

If I add up my happy moments from over eating carbs and line them up against all the moments I felt tired, winded, and unattractive because of them, they don't stack up very well. I really like this sig line I saw in the Main Lobby:

"The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment."

I've done it w/carbs, and I've sure done it w/money, but that's a whole other story. This time Trig, let's not do that most of the time, right? At least not when it comes to our woe. We've both worked hard on this, and I really do believe the rewards of those efforts are worth more than excess carbohydrates---or, simply eating more than we need to. We think it's so great when we can't have it, and then we have it and realize nothing really got better.

Lori--- Cool news on your son and the marathon. How fun for you. And, as you can see, all of us had some "selective" carb eating this weekend. And you know what? We'll all be just fine, and I just know you're going to get into that "new decade" soon. (Funny, but I think of it like this sometimes too, the nineties, the eighties, the seventies.) If you really want it, you'll have it. This we can control. This we can do.

msgoody--- Where are you girl? Hoping somewhere having fun that doesn't involve too much naughtiness, at least on the woe. Otherwise, carry on.

So I picked up my buffalo wild wings for dinner, and they're waiting for me, no fuss no muss, and 20 carbs for 10 of them. So I'll come in at 26 carbs today and if I drink any more water I may turn into a fountain.

Sunday night gals, which means tomorrow is a new week, and all kinds of good new things can happen!
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and Trig, one more thing. This business of not being able to talk is not good for gals like us. If it doesn't get better soon, then yes, please do go back to the doctor. But it sounds to me like you've got yourself one heck of a virus. Those can take 8 to 10 days to really get over.

And btw, you know yourself very well and you're not in denial about it. That's more than half the battle I think.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:49 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I'm up WAY too early this morning. Guess my cat is getting back at me for leaving her alone for the weekend! She got me up about 1/2 hr earlier than I wanted.

I'm feeling quite "puffy" this morning so decided to avoid the scale. No sense getting myself in a funk for the whole day just because of a number I don't like. I'll wait till Thursday and then see what it says.

Blue..you are SO right when you say it all comes down to how bad we want this. Our boot camp trainer is always saying that. "How bad do you want it?" I think I'll be able to stick to plan with no problem today as I feel so chubby. I don't have anything prepared for lunches this week so that may be a challenge. I did hard boil some eggs and have cheese on hand. Little food and lots of green tea will be the theme of the week!

Have a good start to your week!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:17 AM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori I hate that puffy feeling! bleck. it will go soon. funny how the body signals us that we overate and carby junk. bloats up and we know it and despise it back on track is key as usual.

Blue---'flakette' HAHA my hubby calls me his little pain in the ***. well, something like that! I like how you jumped into this WOE and talking to yourself in a positive note. it keeps you on path.

Yup, instant gratification. one of the worst things out there in this world. YOU want it NOW! food sure falls into that category on a constant basis. olden days I would eat 3 of those cookie things, like your 2 plates of spaghetti for breakfast, now we at least have control. I wish I wouldn't aim at higher carb things. I had to hit the store and bought carb smart fudge pops. 4 g each. now that carb count is doable. funny I got the box, came home and didn't want one. not opened yet LOL but at least they are there as backup. when I have lc backup in the house I feel better. Like I have not had bread or wanted bagels etc. since I bought the GLCB. it is sufficient for me. now I gotta keep a few other things like the 4 g fudge pops in the freezer. once they are around, no need for the other.

live and learn is all we can do

-----for me still bloated up. I can talk a bit this morning. the more meds now the better I am feeling. so will see where this goes.

Blue's chicken wings sounding delish, so off to the store with my friend Barb and will get some wings. haven't had them in a while. Was supposed to ride but stormy outside. so far a long time with Jade and only 1 ride. shoot me LOL rain all week lucky us.

off I go. gonna find 2 pairs of capris and hopefully they will be 14s but with this bloat I don't know. if 14s don't fit for any reason, I am not buying a size up. I will starve first and then shop again
Old 04-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Hello LCF's,

I'm sorry I didn't make it on here. I had a crazy busy weekend. Now that my boys have started their baseball season it will be difficult to get on here on the weekends. Saturday was my typical shopping day, but I did bring my 12 year old daughter with me. Of course she wants every little thing she looks at, which is why I usually go it alone. I also visited a friend in the hospital who had just had her baby girl. It was very nice, but made my shopping day take a lot longer than usual and I was completely exhausted by the time I got home.

Yesterday was another baseball practice and there's a park right next to the field so we brought the kids bikes and the other kids had a fun bike riding day. My husband and I just sat and watched our son practice.

In the midst of all that were thunderstorms that had the possibility to turn into tornadoes, they didn't. All in all it was a great weekend, just really busy!

There's still no change in weight. I have decided to basically call myself at goal, and whatever weight I can lose from here will be a bonus. I just really don't want to get below a Size 6, which is where I am now. I'm still working out on a daily basis to get rid of this belly fat and would call my plan moderate carb now as opposed to low carb. It seems to be keeping me maintaining which is fine. The number doesn't matter. My measurements and body fat are the more important gauges for me at this point anyway. I'm not going to be a slave to that scale. I'll keep an eye on it though. If it goes up I know I'm doing something wrong and can modify what I'm doing. I'm still trying to feel my way around this WOL.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CONGRATS MSGOODY!! TO BE AT GOAL AND MAINTAIN NOW.

WEE!! you will slim down more. eating lc means your inches will still drop a bit making you a learner higher weight. the effects of lc are not done

Sounds like busy times for you now! Glad you are doing so well!!

-----for me--hooray, got size 14 capris.

they are snug but not bad. when this bloat drops I should be easily in them and comfortable. WHO KNEW size 14 would be so hard to find. I had to HUNT down these 2 14s. brought a 14 and 16 into the dressing room and tried the 14s first. YES! didn't even bother with the 16s--put those right back.

got a nice purple button down casual shirt for eating out or something. just better than a ratty big T shirt and got a nice white swim coverup that is pretty.

I wanted to shop and shop, but not being at a lower size is stopping me from getting more.

I found a calculation site and based on my 'heavy' frame size and height I should be 179 for my age. it said that would be more than reasonable. I was shooting for 165. Hmm...I shall see what that 179 is when I get there. YA KNOW, I think 20 more lbs, at 179 would put me in a size 12. which is where I want to be.

well all speculation at this point....will see when I get there---but what surprised me is 179 is only 20 LBS FROM WHERE I AM. wow. well, after I ditch that bloat .

20 lbs more gone is doable. forgetting that BIG total loss goal in my mind. I am starting my stats over in my profile. I am saying to myself--the 30 I lost NOW is done, gone, over, doesn't exist. No more thinking 50-60 lbs to lose. IT IS NOW I have 20-30 lbs. to lose ONLY. eh, might help my mind around all this.

any tricks to make my mind see this as easier, almost done, over etc. is a good thing for me

off to get stuff done. we got horrible weather coming. they said 4-5 inches rain tomorrow and scary storms. hmm...spring sucks and yet I begged for it to get here. go figure!

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-28-2014 at 01:21 PM..
Old 04-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Trigger! I'm feeling pretty good about where I am. I was doing some reading about body fat and lean body mass. I've figured out that I have about 100 lbs of lean body mass and about 40 lbs of fat still. But our bodies do need some fat to cushion our organs and protect them and most women have quite a bit of fat on our boobs, sorry if you're out there Gobah LOL!

I'm still working out every day too. It just had me thinking. I had 15 more pounds to get to my original goal and I'm wondering if those 15 pounds are now muscle. It's possible. Who knows. I'm not going to obsess over it. It is what it is and I'm happy to maintain from here.

Congrats on those 14's! That's great! I definitely love shopping in the smaller sizes.
Msgoody2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post

I found a calculation site and based on my 'heavy' frame size and height I should be 179 for my age. it said that would be more than reasonable. I was shooting for 165. Hmm...I shall see what that 179 is when I get there. YA KNOW, I think 20 more lbs, at 179 would put me in a size 12. which is where I want to be.

well all speculation at this point....will see when I get there---but what surprised me is 179 is only 20 LBS FROM WHERE I AM. wow. well, after I ditch that bloat .

20 lbs more gone is doable. forgetting that BIG total loss goal in my mind. I am starting my stats over in my profile. I am saying to myself--the 30 I lost NOW is done, gone, over, doesn't exist. No more thinking 50-60 lbs to lose. IT IS NOW I have 20-30 lbs. to lose ONLY. eh, might help my mind around all this.

any tricks to make my mind see this as easier, almost done, over etc. is a good thing for me

Oh and on that lower goal number! It's definitely true that things change the older we get. I was 125 lbs and a size 7-8 when I met my husband 15 years ago and a young 25 years old. Now I'm 40, 148 lbs and a size 6. It's crazy to be a higher weight and a smaller size now. You really have to just laugh at that old scale and check measurements and how your clothes feel. Also, you don't have to make your goal a number on the scale. Instead, make it that Size 12 because you could also be a higher number on the scale than that 179 and be fitting in a 12!
Old 04-28-2014, 03:55 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

You all are doing awesome! You give me hope that someday I'll get to my goal....whatever that may be!

Old 04-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So true MsGoody. I agree with everything ya wrote. You sure are seeing the benefits of lc!!

This is not me. but a pic of a low carb comparison by a real person. It circulates the lc boards. I take alot of stock in this and it helps me wrap my head around the difference in size at each weight.
LC is truly a leaner solution to scale weight.
I like checking with this pic every now and then. keeps me hoping
Old 04-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

Trigger---I LOVE what you wrote today. You've been thinking all this time that you still had gobs of pounds to lose. You don't! In fact, the truth is, you've already LOST and KEPT OFF, those gobs. Now we're talking about the details. You are a tall gal, like me, and I think you'll look divine at 179, and actually, I'm pretty sure you look pretty darn good now. So after we get past the point where we're just not healthy at our weight, we have choices about how far we want to go with it.

And BTW, YAY!!!! on the size 14 capris and the pretty new purple top. And boy, do I ever like the photos you just shared w/us! They really resonate w/me, because I DO see differences in my body make up that I've never seen on the many low fat diets I've been on, no matter what the scale says.

Lori---Hey, I have a question for you on the green tea. How much a day do you drink? I have been exploring some green tea extract supplements, and some of them are way expensive, and the ones that aren't I worry don't have enough of the essential ingredient. Don't love tea, but thinking I should explore more. What do you consider the benefits?

And btw, I believe you WILL get to your goal, but that goal may change. Sometimes I think we all need to spend more time looking at how far we've come, with all our various but hard fought efforts to get to a healthier weight, rather than how far we think we have to go.

msgoody---So happy to hear you feeling so swell and well on the woe! And, you're so right about "feeling your way into this." I've been at it for over a year, and I'm still doing that.

So, tonight we had my mom over for dinner tonight and Hubby made spaghetti casserole w/all the left over pasta from our dinner party, and I love this dish of his.

So I had two small bites of it, prepared to give myself permission to have more. But I thought to myself, this isn't really better than the LC option I was planning to have, it's just something I'm not supposed to have, which is making it look better.

So I made my LC eggs benny, and totally enjoyed it. Onward.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #289
Junior LCF Member

Hi All of you. I don't know everyone's names.

Does anyone know about carb quick. I made waffles tonight and ate both and it said it made 6 servings. Will I get GI distress? It is a lot of fiber. I guess we will wait and see.

Working out makes u shrink inches. That is why you r a 6 at this weight probably. Enjoy your success. Yay. Last time I was a 6 I was 20. 1983.

I got my Netrition order can't wait to experiment. I got lots of baking stuff.

I made CO Bark. Wow that stuff takes ur appetite away. Nice

Old 04-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Stephie,

Don't worry, you'll learn our names and who we are as you go along here. The more you hang in there w/us, the more you get to know us. It's fun. It really is.

I don't know about carb quick. Have never used it. But I will say, that you are on the right track with experimenting. I would say to you that the MOST important thing you can do right now is to experiment and have patience. Don't be in a huge rush to lose the weight at the expense of finding out what your like and what you can live with. This takes time and trial. But I can promise you, if you remain committed to it, it WILL pay off.

Now, what is CO Bark? I love that we all learn from each other, and I need to learn this from you.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:04 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning all!

I just love hanging out here! Such good support and inspiration!

Blue...about the green tea. I'm not sure what all the benefits are, I'm guessing antioxidants etc. When I did Met Miracle, she suggested Green tea. I think it works as an appetite suppressant for me. I bought mine from Republic of Tea. It is the green tea with matcha, which is a powdery substance that is supposed to be healthy. Who knows? I'm more of a coffee drinker, but I try to switch to green tea late morning. I actually use the same tea bag and just keep adding more hot water. So I drink a couple big mugs, but the 2nd cup is weaker since I use the same bag. I'm able to drink this tea without any sweetener of any kind. I used to think I had to sweeten tea, but I got used to it.

Trig...thanks for posting that picture, I had never seen it before. That is amazing to see the difference between low fat & low carb results. The 2 pics have a 30 lb difference!!

Blue you said that you were happy with just 2 bites of the spag casserole and I have to say, I notice the same thing. If I just have a taste, I often find that it is enough and then I'll move on to a LC item.

Just about time for boot camp. I hope today goes better as yesterday was as struggle from start to finish. I was just not feeling it.

Have a good day!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:46 AM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I never tried the carbquick either. I bought almond flour. bleck. well, I can't bake well so my cookies were horrifying. almond flour wasn't for me. Best to really read the reviews of tastes of lc products before buying, then ya kinda get a sense of its texture and taste. post on food section also, many use it I think and can tell ya more. I bought alot of monies worth of baking stuff in the beginning...not much worked out for me. that ethryol (spell) sweetener was horrible taste for me. ditched a whole bag of that in the garbage

Good luck on experiments. It is true it is important to do this for ourselves, but I noticed for me personally, more LC and true I stay, the less I want sweet stuff. I do love the russell stover sf chcolate line of products. I can only eat 3 max. or that malithol (?) stuff kills my gut. Carb smart ice cream helps me also. bought the fudge pops at 4 nc each. well worth a treat of those for me.

Blue is so right. You must find ways to make this a lifestyle and long term and be happy with what you eat so experimenting is very important. you can weed out like we all do on what we like, want to bake/make etc. as you go along.

-------for me this morning is blecky. rain as usual. big storms today. just waiting for the bottom to fall out. drizzle out there now. not going to be a sunny carolina blue day

still bloated up. my gut feels absolutely huge. I can talk a bit better today. meds aren't killing me but not running at 100% good gut feeling.

got a huge london broil marinating for today on the grill. with asparagus. love asparagus.
gonna make some bacon later for lunch. not hungry this morning. off to get a few things done in the house, hubby and me hitting the road later to get some deck chairs for the new patio table I bought yesterday, then maybe out to lunch (lc all the way baby for me ) and ditch the bacon probably.

everyone hold strong!!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Trigger---Those pictures are super inspiring! It definitely looks to me like Picture 2 is a Woman that works out. There is definition in her waist. That's what I have; a pretty small waist, my hips are my problem area. I had a hysterectomy and I knew it would be very difficult to try to lose that pouch area. That's what I'm struggling with these days. But I can tell my belly area is tightening up instead of the fatty, flabby belly I once had.

Stephie---I agree I am definitely losing inches from working out YAY! I have not been a Size 6 since High School so 20+ years ago! I never used the Carbquick so I can't advise you on that either. I was never much of a baker even prior to LC.

Lori---I hope boot camp is a little easier on you today.

The weather is pretty miserable today. It's a much cooler rainy day today. 48 this morning and rain. It's a day you just want to crawl back into bed. This is the kind of day I want to come up with an excuse not to workout. These are the days I really have to convince myself, but it's worth it and I feel so much better after just doing it anyway.

Have a great day on plan!!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:47 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MsGoody, wanted to say that you might want to head over to the maintainence forum area. THEY know how to maintain an LC way of life. It might help you to learn more and more about how to stay where ya are since you are happy right now....and it is important to learn how to truly expand your food choices without gaining or having to work to hard at it. those people know how to do it....but stay here also you would get good support there also but ya gotta stay here to chat with us

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-29-2014 at 07:48 AM..
Old 04-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the info on the green tea, Lori. And yes, more and more I'm finding I can taste a bit and move on to better LC choices. I think the tasting sometimes informs me that it's not good enough to be worth a cheat, or I don't need/want it bad enough. This way it becomes my choice, rather than a feeling of deprivation.

Trigger---Glad you're feeling at least a bit better. Do you think the gut bloat is from the antibiotics? Haven't had to take any since on this woe, and can't remember if they ever bloated me up. Interesting. I bet you are going to have a big whoosh when you get off the meds and start to feel better.

msgoody---good to hear the exercise is tightening things up. I have the pouch too, from a surgical incision. But it's getting much better with every pound down.

179.4 this AM. Back to the seventies. Looking forward to getting to 175 so a bounce up doesn't take me back to the eighties. This represents a 3 pound loss for me since right before I went to SD, when I couldn't seem to get under 182. I can see and feel the loss of those pounds in my clothing, and as I said above, particularly in my belly. I really think 165 to 170 will be a very good weight for me. Feeling very committed to getting there right now.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #296
Junior LCF Member

go to Kevinpa recipes and there is a whole thread on coconut oil chocolate bark essentially it is homemade sf chocolate with coconut oil cocoa powder and sweetner drops and flavoring extracts thats it. freezer style. it is fast and easy.

i guess it is important to drink organic tea and coffees. i like to make sun green tea. it is a great antioxidant. little caffeine.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Stephie, thanks! I'm on the research trail on this. Love fast and easy, and while I don't have a huge sweet tooth, I DO love Chocolate anything. And btw, my hubby makes sun green tea every summer at our summer get away, but not being a tea drinker, I have never even tried it. I need something w/less caffeine, so you're post really jogged my mind on this.

Gals, I had the BEST day. Even though it's cold and rainy and I didn't see how good the day was going to get.

I had a big presentation to a new client this afternoon. So the good started when I pulled out a skirt I bought years ago, when I was an exercising fiend for a while. I've never gotten rid of it, despite the fact that I outgrew it by a lot in the years that followed, because a. it's still really cute and B. I paid too much for it.

Well, I have tried it on now and then in the last months, and it was always still too small. Haven't done so for the last 2 months, but pulled it out today, and it fit!!!! So I jazzed it up with a cardy and a really cool T-shirt I got at TJ Maxx for peanuts. Black tights and boots, and I was off to my presentation, feeling good, but nervous.

So we present our ideas, and right away a major detail we were not aware of threatens to stop the whole thing in its tracks. BUT, my old mind kicked in, and I figured out a way to save it on the spot. We got the business!

LOL, I'm convinced it was because of this "lucky" skirt. Seriously though, I can't say how much feeling like I look good, and young enough in spirit, mind and appearance in a young person's business, aides my confidence. I know I have a lot of experience at what I do, and that I'm good at it. But you know, when you are presenting for new business, every little bit helps.

This was just a terrific NSV for me today. And it's not that I think because I've lost a lot of weight, I'm better at what I do. Not at all. It's that I think that I feel more "blooming" than someone my age deserves to feel. And shallow as it may be, A LOT of that IS based on how I feel I look and present---NOT old and tired and overweight.

Happy gal tonight. Oh, the rewards we can realize when we hang in there. For our health, for our confidence.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Well I had one too a NSV I'm wearing my 10 shorts. Short shorts. I put on some tan stuff and good to go. We r having summer like weather here in Cali this week.
I'm stuffed. I'm made artichokes, Brussels sprouts w bacon, stuffed portabelas, broccoli, and ham. Ate too much. Ugh
Didn't go to the gym since I had a low energy day and allergies. But after my nap I felt better.
Maybe I will go for a small walk.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:28 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Sigh...I had a big long post written and poof, I hit the wrong button and it's gone. I'll try again!

Blue..loved reading your post! I'm sure you looked like a million bucks in your outfit! Congrats on getting the new business. I'm sure your confidence came thru in your presentation.

I make a version of candy that is called Fat Bombs. It is simply 2 TB each of coconut oil, butter, natural PB, Hershey's cocoa powder & a couple drops of sweetener. I melt it all together in the microwave in a glass loaf pan, stir it up and put it in the freezer until solid. Then I break it into pieces and put it in a baggie in the freezer and just grab a piece when I feel the need. I'm out right now....have to throw a batch together tonight.

My furry alarm clock got me up at 3:45 this morning. It's my day off from boot camp and I was hoping to sleep in a bit..HA! When the night's get warmer, she'll be outside most nights as she likes to prowl around. That will help my sleep immensely.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long day. Not much happening at work and a rainy, dreary day equals

Have a good one!
Old 04-30-2014, 04:41 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue great post and so happy about the presentation. and getting into an 'oh so expensive skirt' is killer You are right about the blooming. when fat and tired, you just disappear into life. don't participate to the fullest. kinda muddle thru. when your body is healthy life takes on a different stature for sure! You said it gal!!!

I thought that the other day with the horse. when I get on, with an extra 30 packed on I would have to find 'mount up' areas. something to give me that edge to get on. search around for a fallen tree or something lol. now I just mount with the stirrup and up I go. no help required. see old people who aren't fat still can get a leg up and GO!

you keep the great stories coming. they sure inspire and help me and I am so happy for ya!

Stephie great job on the NSV. they all matter! keeps us focused and waiting for the next one!!

Lori, I hear ya on the post. been there and it stinks after typing all that and poof. I also have the same dreary day here. rain and more rain. unreal. you be good at boot camp!

----for me....no scale yet. I have no idea why the bloat is still here. I noticed I am sucking down a few more diet drinks than normal along with unsweet tea. huh. back to water as usual. I feel ok, eating lc, but kinda heavy lc....but when I eat anything, instantly my gut blows up. just like a beach ball. huh again

voice getting a tad better, face clog/sinus is a bit better. so on the mend slowly and feeling more chipper vs. the tired lag.

general stuff to do today. going to stick to 'easier' lc. simple/basic and all that. see if it helps. MIL's birthday tomorrow so going out for seafood. crab legs!!!!!! yum.

everyone stay strong!