Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 01:34 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Wow I am behind talk about a talkative weekend! Deb my turkey is smelling so good right now how about yours? Have company coming for supper, didn't plan on making stuffing because I love it but one guest was wanting my dressing so much so I gave in but only used on loaf of bread instead of two so hopefully they will eat it all. Pretty much sure they will . I just need to stay out of it. Gob once over a year ago someone got upset because we talked about lot of stuff not just our WOE. There was a lot of joking around and that person got up and left us. But the fact is our Woe is just part of our lives and having fun and joking around and crying on someone's shoulder is also part of our lives. We are about real life and yes we are all trying to lose weight or maintain but that's no who we are that just part of us. Never ever worry about talking to much, heck look at Deb I love her but she is a gabber When it stops being fun why bother? Life is about our health our laughter and out happiness. We all have bad days and good days but at the end of the day were just people here for each other. So talk away this group doesn't mind at all. We all learn from each other.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #242
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
our dinner was great !

just put 2 dinners away so I don't have to cook tomorrow

going to have a nice long Epsom-salts bath and my guy has some special drink he was to try

alarm set for 5:30 for class

Deb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #243
Deb

hmmmm I missed the gabber part of that post till now

you guys know me soooooooooooo good

Old 03-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy the bath and drink. Sounds nice and relaxing
Old 03-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Gob once over a year ago someone got upset because we talked about lot of stuff not just our WOE. There was a lot of joking around and that person got up and left us. But the fact is our Woe is just part of our lives and having fun and joking around and crying on someone's shoulder is also part of our lives. We are about real life and yes we are all trying to lose weight or maintain but that's no who we are that just part of us. Never ever worry about talking to much, heck look at Deb I love her but she is a gabber When it stops being fun why bother? Life is about our health our laughter and out happiness. We all have bad days and good days but at the end of the day were just people here for each other. So talk away this group doesn't mind at all. We all learn from each other.
Well thanks GJ That was a really nice thing(s) you said. Made my day!
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #246
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Enjoy the bath and drink. Sounds nice and relaxing
there is a lot of sweetness in my house tonight you know what I mean sis?

I cant believe she said I was a gabber

Old 03-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm glad it worked out.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #248
Deb

Quote:
I'm glad it worked out.
always does
Old 03-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
10 days Karen? that must have been horrible. I hope it turned out ok. P
Years ago....I was 17..............and it didn't. But time goes on.

But it gives you a different outlook on some things.
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:45 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/194/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011,restart Sept 1st
Karen I am so sorry you went through that. Deb I did say gabber in a most loveable way. Without you we would be nothing!!Gob its all about smiling isn't it? Life is short have fun. Deb lazy soup is just as good. Cheryl I am pretty sure you know the real me more then most people Ok off to work have a good as you can Monday
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:13 AM   #251
Deb

good morning all...im up 5:30 and gearing up for class

who's working out today?????

anyone that is in mentalpause having vivid crazy dreams at nite?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:50 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Good morning ladies...a lot of gabbing going on...and Deb heard your the biggist one.. ...it's all good...what kind of class do you take at 5;30..wow you got to enjoy to get up that early...not for me...don't sleep enough as it is..

Heard also your going to be a grandma...wow that is the niciest feeling ever...love being a gm...i've got 3 gd and one coming in august...

Grandma Jo...where are you at in the NO...and where are you going that is even closer to where i am...

Yep time to have breakfast and little of exercise...probably JM (Meltdown) yoga practise...it's only for 30 minute...love those 20-30 minutes workout but they are hard work...

Back to work today..spring break is done...i'm a lunch monitor at a nearby school,been doing this for 26 years...still so cold this morning...-27

~~~GAETS~~~
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

MG we live in Moose Factory , Its an island across from Moosonee up on the James bay coast. Work at the hospital up here. At Easter were going my Girlfriends hunting and fishing lodge. If you know where Fields is you turn before there and drive 38 km up a dirt road. Its beautiful there but very remote and off the grid everything is run by generator. We have to take the boys out for braces appointments in Timmins the Thursday before and then we are heading down. Haven't seen her in awhile. She is about a one hour drive to both Sudbury and North Bay. Small world isn't it. Deb's guy is from New Liskard I do believe. We are moving back to Nova Scotia at the end of June and cant wait!! Three grandchildren would be so fun. I only have one but I am sure I will get more My boys don't get back to school till tomorrow. I came home and lunch and they informed me they were having a lazy day, both still in there jammies. Oh well we all need them sometimes. Gob always glad to brighten a day . Cheryl how is your induction going? Leftover turkey for me for supper, going to make the guys turkey hash and toss all the dressing, mashed potato's' and turnip in it and that way the dressing wont be around to call my name. They love it so its all good. Deb ya do love to gab Hope your all having a good day.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Hope things are going ok for Misty's husband , anyone hear from her?
Old 03-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #255
Deb

My guy is from Kirklin lake...

MG I only get up twice a week for my Group class at the YMCA..starts at 6:45 for a hour..its small weights and lots of rep's.Yes 5:30 is early but I love the class..loud music and a great group.

My son lives in Winnipeg so I wont be seeing baby..my son is still mad that me and my ex split up so doesn't like mom much
Hope in time things change around for us..main thing is he is happy and health..he talks to my ex so I get the gossip.

now my house is smelling good..chicken bones in the crock
Old 03-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #256
Deb

Quote:
Hope things are going ok for Misty's husband , anyone hear from her?
no..i too hope everything is ok

wish that Misty would get on F/B
Old 03-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
I am way behind on everything too... It's good to see so much going on here though!

I got the week started out at the gym this morning and eating is good too. I will drag the scale out soon, maybe tomorrow.
I am trying to get a lot of spring cleaning done.. this week in the house, and next week we will get the yard started.

GB-Don't worry about talking too much.. it's what we are here for! But, if it seems like no one is talking back, its just cause we are off and running. We will be back around sooner or later. How was your weekend??

Deb-Turkey..yum. I just had some a week ago and it was good. Today I am baking a ham. I will have some cauliflower with it. I was up at 5:30 and headed out for workout myself this morning. Got an hour in.. good way to start the week off. Congrats on baby boy!

Karen- so sad about your brother. I can't even imagine how awful that would have been. I pray that the families of the passengers on the missing plane will have some answers soon.

Cheryl- We had rain and some thunder Saturday and cold and windy Sunday, but thank goodness no snow.

Now back to cleaning.....
SummerBreeze63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Whoops Deb I realized my mistake as soon as I walk out the door after lunch. Kirkland Lake it is. I had totally missed your post about going to have a grandson. Hopefully one of these days he will come around and you will get to spend time with him. I am sure you would be a wonderful Grandma ♥
Old 03-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #259
Deb

my tenant with the tumor on the brain is still waiting to be air-lifted to Van..but he is fine..on bed rest and all.

Jo did you see that 2 husky's killed a 7 year old girl yesterday outside of Winnipeg?

I have had that story on my mind all day
Old 03-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

I read that on CBC news today , made me so sad. Huskies are normally so friendly, use to have one and she loved kids. Would pull them around on a sled.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #261
Deb

Quote:
I read that on CBC news today , made me so sad. Huskies are normally so friendly, use to have one and she loved kids. Would pull them around on a sled.
yes shocking..Buddy has some Husky in him...

but they are pack dogs

I found it strainge that the little girl was friends with these dogs and they turned on her

I bet it was one dog and the other..being a pack dog... just followed
Old 03-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Just catching up. Not much to say, but checking what everyone is doing.
30 days of taxes, and the scale is back even. The stress eating isn't getting the best of me.
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post

MG I only get up twice a week for my Group class at the YMCA..starts at 6:45 for a hour..its small weights and lots of rep's.Yes 5:30 is early but I love the class..loud music and a great group.

My son lives in Winnipeg so I wont be seeing baby..my son is still mad that me and my ex split up so doesn't like mom much
Hope in time things change around for us..main thing is he is happy and health..he talks to my ex so I get the gossip.

My daughter and her family lives in New Liskeard...we try to see them at least once a month,they are 2hour and 45 minutes away..it's not too bad..
Old 03-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post

My daughter and her family lives in New Liskeard...we try to see them at least once a month,they are 2hour and 45 minutes away..it's not too bad..

Sorry to hear about your son way of thinking,hopefully one day soon he'll realized how life is so short and precious...that is very sad
Old 03-18-2014, 06:10 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/150.5/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Hi Everyone,
Just catching up here.. Hope you all had a great weekend!
Smokehouse was AMAZING.. But I totally had too much wine, caved into garlic fries and split an ice cream with my hubby in the back of a random alley I could never find again if a try (maybe that’s a good thing?!)
Sadly I’m having some health issues so I have had to lay off the exercise (including squats) – Made it to Day 14 on the challenge, DAMN! Half way through. I hope to try again once this mess is done with.
Suppose the plan now is to try to keep up with the walking for 20min every day if my energy and pain tolerance will allow.. Don’t want to go back to a couch potato! 
Old 03-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #266
Deb

last night a bunch of party'ers got into one of our elevators and jumped in it till it stopped and they got stuck...pulled the door open on it and kept party'in..then thought wow it will be fun to jump in the other one and stop it...

well its been fun and games here since 3am with 120 people and no elevators

not to mention I really like the tenant that had the party..but I went to talk to him and told him its going to be a big $$$$$$$$$$

Im tired..having home made soup from the crock and cheese and hot dog wraps deep fried

oh ya I need comfort
Old 03-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Deb- Your son will find out he isn't Mr. perfect either when he has a child. I know he loves you and will come around. Ironic that he is still mad at you but ex still talks to you. Life is way too short, to hold onto resentment. That is awful about the party-ers messing up the elevators. I like a fun party but, why does having a good time need to be destructive??

Super sad story about the huskies killing a child. It seems very out of character for that breed of dog. It makes you wonder what the backstory is that lead up to such a bad attack.

Krista- Sorry you are having to lay off the exercise for now.. you were doing amazing with the squats! Take care of yourself, you will get back to the squats when you are better. I am having to stay away from wine right now myself, I think it makes me want to nibble on snacks more than I should.

mommy-gates- I have 3 daughters and they all live close to me. I am happy about that. I have lived farther away from them, but it was hard for me.

Karen- Glad the scale is back, but watch the stress. Even if it doesn't have you stress eating it can still effect your health. Congrats on keeping that scale moving the right way!

Jo- the turkey hash sounds really good. I have never heard of it... I will have to try it out someday.

GB- Where is our resident guy member?? You too busy for us? I hope you are doing well.

Cheryl- are you still hanging in there on induction? That is where I am at too... not even any wine. Whew... now for me that is commitment.
SummerBreeze63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

MG I agree life is to precious, maybe he will change once he is a father. Deb that's awful with the elevators. We often stayed at the days Inn in Timmins and whenever there was hockey tournaments the would do the same thing to the elevators. Relax and how do you deep fry hotdogs with cheese? That sounds like messy oil to me. Relax and have a glass of wine. V the turkey hash is good but I didn't eat it, they cleaned it all up. Last meal of turkey tonight the guys and hot turkey sandwiches and fries and salad, I had turkey and salad. Only turkey left is for the soup that I will make this weekend. It sure was good while it lasted. 100 day till retirement, cant wait! Was out of sorts today, not sure why but I am sure its nothing a good nights sleep wont cure. Karen you are so busy at this time of year, WTG not letting the stress eating get to you. Cheryl , whatcha doing? Misty hope you check in soon and that all is well. Cuda sorry your squats got messed up but hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Work is done for the day. Snow and ice are gone. BBL to catch up
Old 03-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #270
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
Deb- Your son will find out he isn't Mr. perfect either when he has a child. I know he loves you and will come around.
you always know the right thing to say

and here is hoping