Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #181
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
so..update on my tenant

he has been air lifted to Vancouver to have a tumor taken out of his head

he knew it was there but decided not to do anything about it

they say he will be AOK
Deb is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/146/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Deb - As someone who will typically use any bloody excuse I can find to not exercise I am sending many kudos to you for not letting your injury get in the way!
Cudabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #183
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudabear View Post
Deb - As someone who will typically use any bloody excuse I can find to not exercise I am sending many kudos to you for not letting your injury get in the way!
not really a injury...I had some fluid on my foot from a spider bite they think

I broke my big toe/spider bite/and then dropped a heavy table on the side of my foot

it never hurt..just fluid
Old 03-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #184
Deb

Jo what is going on with your weather?

another storm coming in

can you all believe they cant find anything of that plane??????????
Old 03-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Jo what is going on with your weather?

another storm coming in

can you all believe they cant find anything of that plane??????????
The plane issue seems really strange to me too.
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:21 PM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Wow Deb a tumor! I hope he does ok.

Seems to be so much confusion about that airplane.

Krista St Thomas sure sounds wonderful after this nasty winter.

Sooz the hot flashes aren't as bad as they used to be. Mostly having fun with GB post. Wow you are doing great? You're back to being able to walk right? No pain?
I loved the dueling injury pics of you and Deb.

Jo to busy on the mainland?
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #187
Deb

one of my tenants has a thought about the plane...

she thinks it is landed somewhere...so the becon'z wouldn't be going off

and she thinks if the media gets involved then people will be killed

question is why?? and who??

day 5 and still nothing
Old 03-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Sucks...da plane down! Umm...if anyone is alive...there would be some contact somewhere!
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really feel for the families of the missing. Remember how I was when Mom went missing after the tornado? And I remember all the other people looking for loved ones. At least mine only lasted about 24 hours and I had places to search. They don't really have much they can do.... It is such a feeling of helplessness. And so many days now. It's a horrible situation for both the missing and their loved ones.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

CJ~ITA...
Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sooz
Stats: 171.8/157.9/145 (5'6")
WOE: LC/IF
Start Date: Over and over and over
Quote:
I only get the night sweats for some reason

I do love my wine

my foot is ok..just a little lump.. its not stopping me tho..infact I am packing my running gear for the lake house this weekend

he has been air lifted to Vancouver to have a tumor taken out of his head

another storm coming in

I used to get 'em both but no more! WOOHOOO. Glad your foot is not keeping you from running since you have to outrun those BEARS at the lake house!

Oh my gosh Deb, terrible news on your tenant! Glad he will be okay.

Another storm??? Aren't you sick of snow? We sure are sick of it here in Colorado. Although for some people it isn't as much of a bother now that Pot is legal.

Quote:
That's St. Thomas, USVI.. In Jan I was putzing around a couple weeks in Mexico and another week in California doing some winery tours etc.. So yeah.. Real easy to gain a few there!!
WOW! Almost 15lbs in less than a month.. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!
Very nice travels. Never been to St. Thomas except for one day on a cruise. I hear it's great! We go to Puerto Vallarta twice a year for a month and it is EASY-PEASY to put on weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Sooz the hot flashes aren't as bad as they used to be. Mostly having fun with GB post. Wow you are doing great? You're back to being able to walk right? No pain?
I loved the dueling injury pics of you and Deb.
See what happens when I'm away for a while?? I miss the fun posts!

Thanks for the kudos! I am back to walking almost completely pain free. WOOHOO! The dueling pictures were fun.

Pat! How are things?

So weird about that plane. The news just said they found "floating objects" in waters northeast of Kuala Lumpur and south of Vietnam. Also radar shows there may be a large object but it is about 125 miles from where the aircraft was supposed to be. Pretty hard to lose a 777!

I remember hearing about your Mom missing Cheryl (after the fact) and I know it was very hard for you and your family. For the sake of the families of the people on board I hope they find it soon.

Just 2 days into Stillman and wondering about the wisdom of protein only when I'm 6 lbs away from my first goal and 11lbs from my final goal. Any wisdom from my friends? Maybe all protein one day and then protein/veggies the next?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I NEGU! Do you?
Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sooz I'm not sure what Stillmans. Please explain.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Sooz I'm not sure what Stillmans. Please explain.
Cheryl, Stillman's is a diet from back in the 1960s and it's pretty simple. There is a list of foods you can eat and nothing else. Some people go on it long-term but I'm not convinced it's a good idea.

Here are the details.

Eat all you wish of the following foods to satisfy hunger. If you eat until you've satisfied your hunger but haven't stuffed yourself, and then feel hungry before the next meal, you can eat again, but only from the foods listed here.

1. LEAN MEATS, with all possible fat trimmed off. Includes beef, lamb, veal. Eat it broiled, boiled, OR baked. No butter, margarine, oil or other fats are to be used either in the cooking or the eating.

2. CHICKEN AND TURKEY with all skin removed. Broiled, boiled or roasted, with no butter, margarine, oil or other fats.

3. ALL LEAN FISH & SEAFOOD No butter, margarine, oil or other fats permitted in preparation or serving. You may have cocktail sauce, horseradish, ketchup-in moderation.

4. EGGS. Hard boiled preferably. Also soft or medium boiled eggs, poached, or any type of fried eggs made in non-fat, non-stick pans without butter, margarine, oil or other fats.

5. COTTAGE CHEESE, FARMER CHEESE, POT CHEESE made with skim milk and no whole milk cheeses.

6. AT LEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER PER DAY, absolutely essential (10 ounce glasses). As much as you want of coffee and tea without cream, milk or sugar. You may sweeten with non-caloric sweeteners to taste. Enjoy all the club soda and non-caloric carbonated beverages you wish, as often as desired.

You may use common seasonings such as salt, pepper, spices, other herbs, cocktail sauce, horseradish, ketchup. Don't use any creamy or oily sauces or dressings. No mayonnaise, no salad dressings, no oils, no fats.

NOTHING ELSE IS PERMITTED-IF IT’S NOT LISTED HERE, DON’T EAT IT OR DRINK IT!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Are you satisfied ? Any idea of calories ? You are losing fast. If you feel good, aren't craving , I don't see a problem. If I stall I may try it. But the low fat part might be my problem. That's what keeps me satisfied on induction.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #195
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post
Sucks...da plane down! Umm...if anyone is alive...there would be some contact somewhere!

you would think but crazier things have happened
Old 03-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Cheryl, the low fat part can be hard at some point I'm sure. Not so far though. I will continue it for as long as I can just to see how it goes. I had 3 eggs sautéed with Frank's Wing Sauce for lunch. CANNOT eat before 11 AM. The a pile of shredded chicken with cloves of roasted garlic for dinner. Not hungry. You can also have SF Jello so if I crave sweets, which isn't normal, I could have that.

Yeah Deb, crazier things have happened for sure! It is 11:30 AM in Kuala Lumpur right now so maybe more news is coming later,

Off to be a couch potato for a while.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:47 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Sooz welcome back! Cheryl this is the day I start induction and my plan is to stay on it a month for a start and see how it goes. I need to stick to it am all tired and sore from eating off plan so induction it is and I did say Thursday so that way if induction flu starts it will be the weekend. Deb we are not getting the storm up here just back to that crazy cold weather -39 C this morning , I don't want to go to work. The whole plane thing has me very confused, I feel so sorry for the family waiting and praying. I don't have time to catch up this morning. Slept a little late and tired and sore from my trip. Now I have to do four days of work in two days. I will be back , hopefully I will be more awake by then. Coffee/cream, eggs/butter and it one two three...Beware family induction is on takeoff! To everyone I missed talk soon...running out the door
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

You have to feel so much for those families.. Debris was another false alarm.
I imagine they probably accepted their family members were deceased originally, now holding hope that just maybe the plane was diverted somewhere?! You just pray they find ANYTHING soon.

Sooz - Yikes that looks like a hard plan to keep on.. I would be worried about gaining once coming off it!

So I feel like I am really having a great week! No Wine since Saturday, Keeping my carbs around the 30g mark each day, and getting in a fair amount of exercise!
Yesterday alone I did 105 squats, ‘jumped rope’ for 15 min during lunch, 25 Walk w/ my puppy and then 6.44K on the Treadmill.. Not sure how I actually squeezed any work or eating in between here! 
Not noticing a huge bump on the scale this week, but hoping for a woosh tonight so it keeps me motivated not to over do it on the weekend! (might actually take my measurements as well as an added initiative to keep me moving forward)
If I don't see anything pan out on the scale tomorrow I may look at scaling back the carbs.. Guess we'll see!!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #199
Deb

Good morning...its my friday

Had a great 1 hour RX class this morning and I am feeling really good..pays to not snack at nite for sure.

The weather is beautiful and they say its going to stay for the weekend
Old 03-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #200
Big Yapper!!!!

Back SOOZ!

Just a flyby...read most of the posts, trying to catch up! Going Skiing w/DH. Laters!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #201
Deb

Hi Pat

well our truck is packed solid...off to the lake house

see you all sunday
Old 03-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Hi sooz!
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Slight uptick in wt.

Spent the day with Mom. Got her a ankle support for her bad ankle. She tri juried it when she took the fall in the parking lot and split her lip. She didn't realize for awhile that's why it was hurting more. I hope this helps. People coming to measure for the new window that was put in crooked. Hired a person to do the rock repair around the window after it's installed. The window people will also check out the door to the garage that seems to be warped. Or maybe the door frame is installed crooked like so much else in this new house. I'm cranky. Sorry.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Quote:
For my friend Vandy who I know will get a kick out of this...

Love this!! (of course)
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Hi everyone, sorry I was MIA the last couple of days. I decided to do some spring cleaning and rented a big rug doctor shampooer... Been doing carpets upstairs and downstairs. I am happy to report the carpets are done, and my entire body hurts. I am counting it as my workouts.

We are really windy here, and warm.. so today we started having fires pop up all over town. Only one set of apartments and a car damaged. The rest was grass and trees.

My weight is back down the 2 weekend pounds I put on and down one more. So, I need to keep it together this weekend so I can keep the scale going in the right way.

Deb- I think the plane was taken to be used for terrorist purposes. The passengers were not the target, but could be useful to the bad guys. Now, I do think that the plan was dangerous and the plane could have gone down in the Indian Ocean on it's way to planned destination. I hope they find it soon. The relatives must be in a living hell, and deserve to know the truth. I can't imagine how bad it must be for them. If that plane is still out there and someone is going to use it for something bad.. we need to know that too. Such a strange story.

I am sorry I am only stopping by quickly.. but I will try to get back tomorrow and catch up on my reading. I hope everyone has a really healthy weekend.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
Hi everyone, sorry I was MIA the last couple of days. I decided to do some spring cleaning and rented a big rug doctor shampooer... Been doing carpets upstairs and downstairs. I am happy to report the carpets are done, and my entire body hurts. I am counting it as my workouts.

We are really windy here, and warm.. so today we started having fires pop up all over town. Only one set of apartments and a car damaged. The rest was grass and trees.

My weight is back down the 2 weekend pounds I put on and down one more. So, I need to keep it together this weekend so I can keep the scale going in the right way.

Deb- I think the plane was taken to be used for terrorist purposes. The passengers were not the target, but could be useful to the bad guys. Now, I do think that the plan was dangerous and the plane could have gone down in the Indian Ocean on it's way to planned destination. I hope they find it soon. The relatives must be in a living hell, and deserve to know the truth. I can't imagine how bad it must be for them. If that plane is still out there and someone is going to use it for something bad.. we need to know that too. Such a strange story.

I am sorry I am only stopping by quickly.. but I will try to get back tomorrow and catch up on my reading. I hope everyone has a really healthy weekend.
Love your screen name. "SummerBreeze" ahhhhhh
Old 03-14-2014, 04:51 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Cheryl your mom has been through so much no wonder your cranky. To brighten you life I am on day 2 of induction lets do this together. Not even going to have movie night popcorn this weekend I have to get and stay on track. Have a bit of motivation, one of my best friends is coming up the last weekend of the month and she is the one I always walked with. DH is going to start walking with me tomorrow except I just noticed its going to be -39C bet he changes his mind. And in a month off to my oldest best friend at the remote hunting and fishing lodge for Easter, lots of things to be motivated for. I wish spring really was on its way. Deb no wine for me for awhile , you have sure been getting at your workouts, bet you feel great. Have fun at the LH this weekend. GoB you always seem in a very up mood, nice to see. V spring cleaning you think spring is really coming? Guess I better get at that as well Hope you had fun skiing Pat. Sooz I know I would find low fat hard, its one thing I love not having to worry about. Bear your doing so good with your squats, I am sure they have to be hurting. Misty where are you hiding? Have a great Friday everyone!
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Well got my woosh and down 2.5lbs this week.. I'll Take it! Lets hope I can match this next week as I have about 17.5lbs to hit my goal weight before my mom's wedding in Vegas in 3 months. Enjoying the walking and working out again and I think that's making a huge difference. Off to a smokehouse tonight for dinner so should be pretty easy to stay on plan as long as I don't over eat or have too much wine.
Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Cudabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well got my woosh and down 2.5lbs this week.. I'll Take it! Lets hope I can match this next week as I have about 17.5lbs to hit my goal weight before my mom's wedding in Vegas in 3 months. Enjoying the walking and working out again and I think that's making a huge difference. Off to a smokehouse tonight for dinner so should be pretty easy to stay on plan as long as I don't over eat or have too much wine.
Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Congrats on the 2.5 loss That's really great. Have fun at the smokehouse
Old 03-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Krista

Jo how's induction? I had a little slip yesterday but back at it