Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #121
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
They will show everything the builder did wrong on the safe room, how the fixed it and what people should look for in their safe rooms. Interview Mom. Probably about her experience in the tornado and her need for a safe room.
how cool is that

I sure want to see it

well off to the lake house for a few hours

catch you all later

Jo clear and sunny here to this morning

don't forget we spring ahead tonight
Deb is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Deb we forgot to spring ahead till this morning , wow the morning if flying by Glad you get enjoy your lake house a bit longer. Cheryl for the 3 lbs that's a great start. I will start on Thursday on my return to hard to do induction when traveling but going to try and be careful. GoB sound like you had a wonderful day in the mountains. With that much bike riding you deserve a beer at the top. I am sure your wife likes you just fine but at times men can be very buggy . Misty we are moving back to Nova Scotia after 22 years in the north, its time to go home. Hubby is worried about getting a job back there but I am sure he will find something. Cheryl I am excited, a bit sad and a lot happy and a little scared about moving. We are very use to living quite well , money has never been a problem at all for us and you get use to it. We tell the boys we are going to be poor . But they already have everything so that shouldn't be a problem. We own our home down there and have no bills so I know we will be fine. It just getting use to planning before buying that we will have to adjust to. Glad to see everyone is doing so well . Well lots to do and I don't feel like doing anything .
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
GoB sound like you had a wonderful day in the mountains. With that much bike riding you deserve a beer at the top. I am sure your wife likes you just fine but at times men can be very buggy
Good morning GJo I did earn that beer! Yeah...she puts up with me. I agree, men are over-rated. Most of us don't deserve to have our wives be crazy about us, like they were when we first fooled them about how great we were Once they figure out we aren't so hot, well...it takes a very exceptional woman to make that guy feel good about himself...and vice versa.

Have a great LC day Jo.
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #124
Deb

What a beautiful day here its just like spring !

Jo its going to have to be a very special person if I decide I want to rent the lake-house.....we have lots of plans for reno's and such so it might just be our get away for a while.

V im sorry you didn't get the job BUT maybe a better job will pop up for you

came back to the building and there were fire-men and a ambulance .......

guy took a stroke he is 53
Old 03-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #125
Deb

Old 03-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
came back to the building and there were fire-men and a ambulance .......

guy took a stroke he is 53
But for the grace of God...there go I. Hope his family gets lots of support. Prayers
Old 03-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #127
Deb

I know he has a very good friend here but family im not sure of..my office manager will have who to contact in her files in the morning
His friend is going to call me some time tonight and give me a update

so we just went out to look at another truck and found a new running path on our north shore I could drive to and park and run....along side the river and it looks good because its a bikers path so lots of people on it running/biking and walking dogs
Old 03-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I see a fish in the fat. Is it just me? does anyone see the fish?
Old 03-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Yep, I see the fish in fat too....

So, I got the final word that I didn't get the job yesterday. It was a very nice phone call and I feel good about it all. I would not be surprised to get a call if the man does not work out.

I was too busy being obsessed with basketball to worry much about anything else all weekend. Our Wichita Shockers played Fri, Sat, Sunday.. and won the Championship. So a big celebration going on in this town.

Deb, so sad about the man who had the stroke. Only 53... funny how that seems so young now that I am 51. I remember when I thought 30 was old.
I guess "old" is always going to be 20 years ahead of where I am.

We are having a nice burst of spring here too... 70's tomorrow. I will be working around the house and may even take a walk.

Good night everyone.. I will be back in the morning.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #130
Deb

I don't see a fish

but see im Canadian..

so just talked to my guys friend ....he has blood on the brain and they think it may been a anerisum ..

time will tell

V I know what you mean about the 30 being old

what were we thinking..nite all
Old 03-10-2014, 04:42 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Deb I see the fish, so you can't blame being Canadian. Sounds like you plan on doing a lot of work out there. Cheryl hope induction is going well, V sorry about the job but something will come along. GoB I see the fish too. Deb sorry about you tenant my first though was God he is younger then me.. Well have a great day out there I am off to Timmins tonight on the train. No crazy over that trip but I do need a hair cut. Be back on Wed,
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
GoB I see the fish. are you in maintainable ? Or losing mode?

Deb that is sad about your tenant. Did you run the new trail! Or is the foot not up to that.

Jo. Will the river break up before you guys move ? have a nice trip to Timms. Are you doing any thing different with your hair ? I've been growing mine out. I bet come warm weather it goes short again.

V sorry about the job but I bet your sis is happy you still do her house. aren't we going to have some lovely weather !
Old 03-10-2014, 07:04 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down 1.6. This morning. I love the honeymoon period before it all slows down.
21 to go.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl-Congrats on the weight loss... you are starting the week out right. I am up 2 this morning. But thats what I get for being bad over the weekend. I am enjoying our beautiful weather.... I will open the windows today.

GB- I meant to tell you how nice your profile pic is.. very good looking couple there! I am enjoying the Braggs, and it is becoming part of my daily routine.

Deb- I hope the tenant with the aneurism will have a good recovery. I have known a person that fully recovered and one that died. I guess it depends on where it was in the brain, and how bad it was. Very scary stuff.

Jo- Moving is always hard but especially when you have been somewhere for so long, but I think it will be nice to get back home. One of those big life changes that can really shake things up.

My current goal is to be 100 percent on plan for the next month. It will be hard, but I am sure once I get a week under my belt it will get easier. I will focus on water intake and 4 workouts per week minimum. DD's wedding countdown is on.....
Old 03-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I don't see a fish

but see im Canadian..
The head is on the left end, the tail on the right. You can see the little guy's eye too...the dark spot
Old 03-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
Cheryl-Congrats on the weight loss... you are starting the week out right. I am up 2 this morning. But thats what I get for being bad over the weekend. I am enjoying our beautiful weather.... I will open the windows today.

GB- I meant to tell you how nice your profile pic is.. very good looking couple there! I am enjoying the Braggs, and it is becoming part of my daily routine.

Deb- I hope the tenant with the aneurism will have a good recovery. I have known a person that fully recovered and one that died. I guess it depends on where it was in the brain, and how bad it was. Very scary stuff.

Jo- Moving is always hard but especially when you have been somewhere for so long, but I think it will be nice to get back home. One of those big life changes that can really shake things up.

My current goal is to be 100 percent on plan for the next month. It will be hard, but I am sure once I get a week under my belt it will get easier. I will focus on water intake and 4 workouts per week minimum. DD's wedding countdown is on.....
Sounds like you got a good plan SB. Look forward to reading about your success.

thnx for your nice comments
Old 03-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GoB I see the fish. are you in maintainable ? Or losing mode?
I'm still losing CJMO. I was in pretty serious ketosis for over 2 months and that sucked all the fat out of me except for some belly flab. Last time I lost a lot of weight 2008-2011 (hovered around 195), I never completely lost all the belly fat.

So I could only see my abs if the lighting was right, shadows ya know. I should have air brushed them

But this time around I am determined to not stop until my stomach is completely clean.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #138
Deb

Happy Monday all

had a great RX class today

my foot is about 90% better...may run the trail tomorrow

its going to be a beautiful day again here
Old 03-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Well now trying to lose the weight I gained over the weekend, they had our annual chile cook and they added wings this year, so I had to have them and a few beers too. But drinking plenty ow water and hope to get it off.

Cheryl wtg on the weight loss, should like atkins works best for you.

Deb ss about the tenant, hope he recovers fast.

GB up I see the fish.

be back later going back down to the FD to finish help cleaning the mess.

Last edited by misty1028; 03-10-2014 at 12:14 PM..
misty1028 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Boy got a good extra workout cleaning the FD for them. They had the chili cookout on Sat. and some fool unplugged our freezer, I guess to use the plug for the chili and never plugged it back in. Everything thawed out. And then they tried to turn the ice machine on which is off for the winter and made another mess. Got to watch people next year.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jacki
Stats: 227/197/127
Start Date: January 2013
Its 'nice' to see that there are folks here in this group that struggle with loss/gain too. I was on Day 2 of 72 yesterday and my work brought me in contact with a caterer who was serving cake; one of my colleagues 'pushed' me to eat a piece of cake - it was REAL buttercream Once I had one piece I said WTH and had a second, then I had a Fage greek yougurt at home... So Day 1 again today. It makes me sad.
Question/Opinion: Do I keep doing Day 1 over and over until I get to Day 2? Or do I just keep going? It feels awful to keep re-starting - like failure.

Oh! and I have another q for you - how do I return to a thread and pick up where I last left off? Its discouraging having to search all the threads I am part of (8) to find the spot I last commented or read.

Very encouraged by you all.
Jacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #142
Deb

Looks like my man found a truck..thank goodness he has been driving me nuts....
I will see it and we will pick it up tomorrow afternoon

NO word on how my tenant is doing

so funny story.....

my tenant that broke her lease at my lakehouse hasn't cancelled her rent check.. and it hasn't bounced yet either

Old 03-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Deb- maybe she just forgot to cancel the check, like she forgot she signed a lease. So good to hear that your foot is almost back to normal. and that your man found a truck.

It is so beautiful and warm today, I just fired up the grill. I will cook my guys up some hamburger and hotdogs. I am grilling myself a portabella mushroom with spinach & mozzerella and some chicken wings. I am fixing up a batch of the lc jello cheesecake too..... that will last me all week!

Jacki- I am not sure on how to link directly back. I know you can subscribe, but I usually just scroll through it all to get back. Maybe someone else has a better way. I made 100 cupcakes from scratch with my dd's for inlaws anniversary party last week... buttercream frosting was my undoing as well.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

Jacki we all slip back sometimes, for me I just start clean lc right away and really drink alot of water. But for me atkin 72 was to limited for me. To find your threads go right to the top and you'll see User Contol Panel, click on that and the go down the column at the left and close to the bottom it'll say List Subscriptions and click on it. For me I keep them in my favorites on MSN. Hope that helps. Maybe someone knows an easier way.

Deb glad L/B found a truck, that was fast. Keep the check, since she cancelled.

V wow that's alot of cupcakes. I'm glad I not much of a cake eater. And I usually make everything chocolate since i can't eat it. Keeps me safe

Last edited by misty1028; 03-10-2014 at 04:48 PM..
Old 03-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #145
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
Deb- maybe she just forgot to cancel the check, like she forgot she signed a lease. .
yes
yes
here is hoping

my bank put the check in my account on the 1st..just called them and they have no way of tracking to see if it is cleared

5 banking days usually does it but the girl said if its there on Friday it is def your

her bank is closed on weekends and mine is open so maybe they are just slow

V im grilling tonight too..steaks and asparagus.I still need to try the portabellos..ya put them right on the grill?
Old 03-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #146
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Deb glad L/B found a truck, that was fast. Keep the check, since she cancelled.
oh ya im keeping it for sure

and NO it wasn't quick finding a truck...he had me out everywhere and often

how is Mr Rocco?
Old 03-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jacki everybody does it different. I will stay on it til it quit working or I hit goal. Others skip induction entirely. It's all fluid and how you want to do it.

Deb congrats on the new truck. And rent.

V sorry about the job. It is beautiful out. Tomorrow even better before we get a system from Debs area to cool us down. I guess you will get it too. Thanks Deb.

Misty sounds like quite a mess at the FD. Good thing they had you! Is DH better? Yea as much as I hate induction it does give results.

GB good for staying the course this time.

Well they are doing target practice outside. I better find LD. It scares him
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GB good for staying the course this time.
Thnx CJ...but the proof is in the pudding, right? Until I get rid of this final flab...I'm all talk, right?

Hey CJ...I like you. I like all the ladies in this thread. Really nice people. I feel welcome. thank you!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #149
Deb

was a good day for me today
5 mini meals
no snacking after 5
did my class this morning and vac'ed all 15 floors
water intake good..vits taken

im tired..nite
Old 03-11-2014, 06:31 AM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

Goodmorning, up early, I guess because of the time change but have to work today so off to the gym. They say another storm coming for tomorrow through Thursday, so want to get as much done as I can today. Scale isn't moving but staying on plan, so not sure why but now I'm back to regular exercise it does that sometimes.

Cheryl yes alot of cleaning but it was fun because I had a few others helping. DH is feeling better but still weak, can't believe the weight he lost. His ear got infected too. So back to Boston next Monday.