Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #91
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
I-Pad or Lap-Top ?

I think I need something new

what do you guys vote for?
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #92
Deb

so my man decided that he wants to go see a truck that happens to be 30 minutes drive from the lake house in a real little country town......

so we are going to leave for a extra night at the lake house

see you all sunday

OH CHERYL .... I know you will want to know the name of the town we going to

so its Merritt BC
its the town that I saw Kenny a couple of years ago

my lake house is right inbetween where we live now and Merritt

hope your not mad at me sis..was I hard to chat with today? You know I love you

everyone have a great weekend
Old 03-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/126/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Deb I have my home computor, kindle fire hd and lap top and love them all. I can't say much about the I pad but my kids all have them and that's what they prefer. But all the writing is way to small for me.
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Deb- crazy tenant is needing to get on some meds. It sounds like she has some paranoia and other serious symptoms. Hope she gets some help. About the ipad/laptop I know people are crazy about the ipad, but I have never had one. I have enjoyed a laptop to take with me on vacations. See you when you get back from the lake house...

GB- I got the Braggs ACV today and am going to start drinking it daily. Did you say you take some in the morning and at night? I am one of the strange people that likes the taste of vinegar so I can just drink it in some water.

We are supposed to get some snow tonight and in the morning, but Sunday is going to be in the sixties so the snow won't last long.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jacki
Stats: 227/197/127
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
So true! I was just thinking about this this morning when I committed to Atkins 72 for 2 weeks. The March sun is so warm the snow is melting inches every day - that means pool season is close. I will be 20lbs lighter by May. You??
Jacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Ok the week is over. No LH. Septic still down and the weather is nasty tomorrow so we are staying home. But 70's later in the week. Time to quit messing around. Induction time. Now I have 25# to lose all my experimenting packed the pounds on.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:06 AM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Goodmorning going to be another nice day, so did my exercise early, scale is still stuck but I staying right on plan.

V I just started taking Braggs too. GB mentioned for the flu and it seems to be working. I do take it all summer for my alergies and it works great. I like it too.

Cheryl what plan are you going to follow?

Jacki I see your from Ma. too, I'm from up in the Berkshires. I hear you, with summer coming faster that we think, I really want to look good enough to wear a nice bathing suit.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #98
Junior LCF Member

I DO!!!! I am doing 72 for 1 week starting today. My goal is 10lbs for March.

Who else has a goal??
Old 03-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post

Jacki I see your from Ma. too, I'm from up in the Berkshires. I hear you, with summer coming faster that we think, I really want to look good enough to wear a nice bathing suit.
Hi Misty!! Thanks for the big Hello! Yup - I am just south of Boston near Plymouth. Are you feeling the March sun over there? We sure are - snow is meeeellltinggggg (insert Wicked Witch from Oz's voice there). Ha!!
Old 03-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Jacki i'm in the berkshire mountains up near Pittsfield. It's has been so nice here to but we get so much snow that it'll take awhile to melt here. I was just in Boston last month and what a difference in the weather. Are you on the water in Plymouth, so nice there.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Cheryl I am with you, this is crazy I was always so good at sticking on plan but I haven't been great at all this week. I am thinking since I have to go to Timmins on the train Monday I am going to try and stick to plan then when we get back Thursday I am going to start Induction again and stay on it till Easter which is the next time I am going out. That is a little over a month and I know I can get some of this weight off. I truly was shocked this morning to see I lost the weight I gained while sick and I am back to the posted weight. I was sure I would be higher, 25 sounds like a good number to aim for right now. Deb have a good time. Jackie welcome to the group we are a fun bunch. Ok Misty and V what does this ACV taste like? I am going out next week and if I could stomach it worth a try as I can likely get it in Timmins. GB that is a very nice picture, you guys look very happy. Well off for groceries, hate shopping here one store and if I can keep my grocery's for the week under 400 I am happy Cant wait to move in June , counting the days! Happy Saturday
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.

Jackie Hope you reach your goal this month! LOL...on the wicked witch voice.

Deb~I have both...I use my desktop & laptop more. Yeah, sounds like your tenant has some mental issues. Birds out chirping here too. Our Robins are back. Have a fun wknd.

CJ~SS about your new diet regime didn't work out for you. Good luck on re-induction. Wish I was brave enough to do that again! Grrr...on your LH septic!

Karen~Too much sitting does my back in.

GJo~Yup...sounds like you're the Med Police for your DH. Good luck on your re-induction too! Moving in June? Where?

Cuda~Squat challenge over or does it go on for the rest of this month?

Misty~Have enough pellets for next winter now? I'm never in much bathing suit shape anymore. I'm sure you will remember how to paddle again.

GB~Yeah, likey your Avi!

Went skiing yesterday w/DH & friends. It was fun until main ski lift broke down! We were only stuck on it for like 20min.. Luckily, they were able to get us all off before they shut it down for the day! Peeps who came from the other side of the resort had to get bused out.
Today...just taking it easy. May go for a walk in the Hood. Scale is up again...must have been that Pale Ale Beer & a few chips that I had after skiing yesterday. Cooking up a pork tenderloin for dinner tonight. Leftovers will last me for a few more meals.

Last edited by Rbenz; 03-08-2014 at 10:44 AM..
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well day 1 is almost done. Not too bad . Its raining and cold but not so bad. I put my car out in it to wash it

Pat sounds like quite a time skiing

Jo you are getting so close to leaving the island! I bet you are excited and sad at the same time. I hope the bug is on its way out of your house. And yes we really have to knuckle down this time. I am not reading about any more ways to eat til this is gone!!

Misty is DH better? you guys need a vacation. I am doing tried and true Atkins induction Don't like it but it worksStill snowy and lake frozen? Not to brag but we are going to be 70 this week. All our snow and sleet is gone.

Jacki. so you live in Misty's area. My goal is 5# this month

V I got lost on the job info. Are you still in the running? Did you get more snow? we didn't Are you as ready for this weather to straighten up as I am?

Deb sounds like the place is keeping you busy. I don't have an IPad but I love my IPhone. I have a tablet that is still hard for me use. How was the LH trip? Did L/B get a new truck. LOL on me wanting to know the town name. Did you drive on the COKE?

GB are you a lake guy? Several of us have places on lakes

Cuda- I did a squat challange a while back. Karen was in it too. How are you doing?

Karen hows the back? I guess you haven't been riding with the weather and work. Hang in there!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH went to the LH this evening. He's going to work on the broken pipe to the septic. There wasn't any use going down last night because of the rain. Then he will be out of town for 3 days for work. I have a fairly light work week.

Mom is going to do a commercial for her safe room for the people who are fixing it. It will be on how not to do itThey should have the new door in a couple weeks and get the rest of it fixed. I wish we could name the builder, but he and his workers will recognize it I'm sure.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #105
Deb

Cheryl we didn't drive on the Coke,,,took the old roads and as you can see from the facebook pix it was a fab trip.

So we needed to come back into the city to pick up some stuff..heading out for dinner at the Fox and Hound pub....

***I like my sister Cheryl to know where I am

and I have some new furniture coming to the lake house at 10 am tomorrow so its dine and sleep and back out there.

im feeling better about keeping the L/H for just us..got to see grandson this morning...he was heading home with my crock pot full of chili

went to Costco and walmart and bought paint and some new mats and towels

need to make it homey
Old 03-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #106
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
DH went to the LH this evening. He's going to work on the broken pipe to the septic. .

we have a little roof leak in ours.....

today every thing is melting so my man needs to go up and tar when its a nice dry day
Old 03-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #107
Deb

Quote:
Mom is going to do a commercial for her safe room for the people who are fixing it.
what kind of commercial?
Old 03-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
what kind of commercial?
They will show everything the builder did wrong on the safe room, how the fixed it and what people should look for in their safe rooms. Interview Mom. Probably about her experience in the tornado and her need for a safe room.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
GB- I got the Braggs ACV today and am going to start drinking it daily. Did you say you take some in the morning and at night? I am one of the strange people that likes the taste of vinegar so I can just drink it in some water.

Take as much as you can handle. I take it at night...like a night-cap. Like...don't even think about invading my throat mr. virus

I am very proud of you for getting the Braggs. I applaud you sistahhh!
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
V I just started taking Braggs too. GB mentioned for the flu and it seems to be working. I do take it all summer for my alergies and it works great. I like it too.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
GB that is a very nice picture, you guys look very happy.
thnx G Jo. I wish we were as happy together as we look. She's a good woman. She just doesn't like me that much. Can you believe it?!

Clearly you have all read first hand, my posts...so you can see that I am a nice guy, right?

Ok...so I am a guy and I realize that's not such a good thing, but we guys try...ladies...we really do want to succeed. We just have our egos and stuff like that...that get in our way, but we mean well.

You guys do believe me, right? Right?...hello? Is anyone there? Did I say something wrong? Ladies...please. Keep in mind that I am just a guy. We are mostly legends in our own minds
Old 03-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post
GB~Yeah, likey your Avi!
Thnx Rbenz! Guys always look better if they are next to a pretty girl huh? That's why I included her...to make me look better I look intelligent for finding a girl like her to put her arms around me, right?

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 03-08-2014 at 06:43 PM..
Old 03-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GB are you a lake guy? Several of us have places on lakes
Actually I am a land lover. I used to be a surfer, diver/spear fishing guy/ take my boat to Catalina island guy...but then I just fell in love with rolling hills, with cows grazing on them, big oak trees dotting the hills, with big horse pastures and vineyards thrown in...stuff like that...heat...butterflies flitting about...sometimes I almost crash into one and I have to try to brave up and keep riding my bike...but I like to look at lakes while I ride past them. Thnx for asking. Makes me feel important
Old 03-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Later Today: It's about 6:20 here in So. California. So I went to the men's fellowship this morning. It's held in the man cave of this huge estate that overlooks the Pacific ocean. I painted the place. That's how I got the invite. Really nice people!

Anyway, after the bible study I headed off on my bike into the hills just north of Laguna Beach, Ca. I felt really good strength-wise. As I was on top of this hill high above a lot of the other hills in that area, and it was such a picture perfect day...bright, warm, blue skies sunshine...and I was musing on Catalina Island in all of it's clarity 30 miles off shore...I got the idea that if I would ride up there again...I would have a beer to celebrate such an accomplishment!

So I coasted back down to the Trader Joe's on Pacific Coast Highway and purchased a cold one pint 6ounce bottle of an ale called Arrogant B______. On the front of the bottle it reads "you are not worthy." It's put out by Stone Brewing down in San Diego county.

So I biked it up the hills to the same grassy knoll and had a celebration brew. And I want you guys to know that I thot of you all. I thot of schaferk and marsha, kyla, trigger and blueskies (especially Blue, because the skies were so blue!!!) and onthepath (gloria) and Deb and snowdancer (because she forgot about me) and msgoodie2shoes and dipgal and diane and cheri! And others too. I had good thoughts. I enjoyed my beer on the top of the hill! End of my California story.

Oh...I kept the bottle of Arrogant B. I put some flowers in it and I am looking at it as I type.

Have a nice night LCF's!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You painted a beautiful picture. Who are the people you thought about?
Old 03-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You painted a beautiful picture. Who are the people you thought about?
Well I thought about CJMO the most

That's funny. Reminds me of where I met my wife. In a country western bar. Oh my goodness ladies...that girl could two step and west coast swing like nobodies' business.

I figured I stood zero chance with her.

To be continued....

Thnx CJMO for reminding me of country western girls
Old 03-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Too funny !

Sounds like you chance with your future wife and it payed off big.

Well I just turned my clocks forward. Now it is way past my bedtime.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Too funny !

Sounds like you chance with your future wife and it payed off big.

Well I just turned my clocks forward. Now it is way past my bedtime.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning. Day 2 back in the saddle on induction. Lost 3#. I was really holding some water! 22 to go. Squats and bench presses done.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning. Day 2 back in the saddle on induction. Lost 3#. I was really holding some water! 22 to go. Squats and bench presses done.
Cool! You lost 3 pounds? That is a good morning girl I lost .9. Kind of skipped dinner. My wife got home late (the dinner maker) and I didn't want to trouble her with a dinner request, so I had a carrot and a couple of bites of humus.

But I did have some beers out in the beautiful California sunshine as I rode hills all day. And I had some more in my sauna. I happy with my .9

I happy for you too

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 03-09-2014 at 08:32 AM..