Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #61
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Good Almost afternoon !!!!

so I dusted off my bow-flex this morning and had a session

shocked myself but goooood !

there was some fresh snow on the ground so I think I will get back into the bow-flex and rx class and wait this winter out to get back to my running
Deb is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #62
Deb

Old 03-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/146/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Cudabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Nice visual Deb! I am grateful for every pound lost, I am getting more patient in my old age. Wtg on the bowflex... now be careful not to over do it.

Thanks to you all for your support and good thoughts concerning the job I applied for. My sister is praying I do not get it so I will keep cleaning her house for her.

Welcome lauralee!! I agree march is going to be a great month, glad to have you join us!

GB- I am going to find the vinegar in the next day or so. I am not sick right now, but have just been feeling tired and out of sorts. I figure the vinegar could help me detox the junk out of my system. The last 10 pounds are hard, but I know you will get them off before spring is over.

Cuda- enjoy your day of rest from the squats.. good luck on the 70! That makes me hurt just thinking about it.

Jo- Sorry to hear dh is coming down with the cold. I hope he can throw it off before it gets too bad. My dh is one of those that never gets sick.. but I swear he is a carrier. He handles packages for ups all day long, and I know he must come into contact with a lot of germs. Maybe we can get to spring and get rid of the colds. (then we can deal with allergies

Misty- Good for you on getting to the gym, and the walk. I am sick of the icy roads.. we are slowly melting but the side streets are still treacherous.

Cheryl- I hope you are okay.. I miss seeing you around here. We are getting a little bit of snow this evening, but nothing to major. I hope that is the last of it.

Karen- I hope your back is better. That makes it tough to do anything.

Have a great afternoon everyone...
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Great visual! That will stick in my head and make me feel better with every hard fought pound or half pound coming off. Thanks Deb
GoBahnsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Kristen great going on your weight loss Goba experimenting with my Hubby would not be a good idea. I am pretty sure he would not drink vinegar and he is already on Vit C and D and Muti vit and a few other piles of pill. He cant take anything without getting a go ahead. He took Advil cold because he thought he was allowed, not a good idea his blood work was a mess. He had a valve heart replacement a few months so not suppose to change anything. No sauna's up here in never never land. Misty it was a grade 8 fundraiser, it was all ordered by people in advance and was shipped up on the train. People up here sure seem to like freshly made sausages Hope you DH is feeling better. Good for you for getting to the gym, the roads are an icy mess here to and its still freezing out. I cant wait for spring! V we both work at the hospital and I swear I have never seen so many sick people and tons of little kids sick before. It seems to have hit the whole island and with the cold people are staying in to much and spreading it around. None of us have gotten a cold in our house in over a couple of years but this one got us. Good luck tomorrow , I hope you get it. To bad for your sister Deb way to go on the bow-flex I really need to get back at something. Can't wait till its warm enough for snow shoeing , hopefully it will warm up by the weekend. I have a treadmill I just need the motivation. I love walking outdoors but this is different. Got to do something soon though. I need to lose some of that fat !!! Cheryl hope your ok you and Pat need to come out and play soon.
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
I'm here. Just been trying to figure things out. Gained 2#. This BFC is t working

BBL to catch up
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Kristen great going on your weight loss Goba experimenting with my Hubby would not be a good idea. I am pretty sure he would not drink vinegar and he is already on Vit C and D and Muti vit and a few other piles of pill. He cant take anything without getting a go ahead. He took Advil cold because he thought he was allowed, not a good idea his blood work was a mess. He had a valve heart replacement a few months so not suppose to change anything. No sauna's up here in never never land. Misty it was a grade 8 fundraiser, it was all ordered by people in advance and was shipped up on the train. People up here sure seem to like freshly made sausages Hope you DH is feeling better. Good for you for getting to the gym, the roads are an icy mess here to and its still freezing out. I cant wait for spring! V we both work at the hospital and I swear I have never seen so many sick people and tons of little kids sick before. It seems to have hit the whole island and with the cold people are staying in to much and spreading it around. None of us have gotten a cold in our house in over a couple of years but this one got us. Good luck tomorrow , I hope you get it. To bad for your sister Deb way to go on the bow-flex I really need to get back at something. Can't wait till its warm enough for snow shoeing , hopefully it will warm up by the weekend. I have a treadmill I just need the motivation. I love walking outdoors but this is different. Got to do something soon though. I need to lose some of that fat !!! Cheryl hope your ok you and Pat need to come out and play soon.
I'm sorry your Hubby has to be so careful
Old 03-06-2014, 04:26 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl hope you get them figured out, not sure what the diet is that you have been trying although I know it involved more carbs. Miss seeing you around, is the warm coming to you yet? The boys have outdoor Ed today , means they go out in Skidoo s and spend the day in the bush learning skills and cooking on fires and having fun. -32C today but it will be warmer once they get in the bush. They love going and always have fun. Goba its ok . better then the alternative He is doing fine and its back at work now. Hope you all have a great Thursday the weekend is getting closer. Deb doing the bow flex again today?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Good Almost afternoon !!!!

so I dusted off my bow-flex this morning and had a session

shocked myself but goooood !

there was some fresh snow on the ground so I think I will get back into the bow-flex and rx class and wait this winter out to get back to my running
How do ya feel Deb? Sore from the bow-flex?
Old 03-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
I am heading out to clean sis's house this morning. I had a good lc breakfast.. scrambled eggs, w spicy sausage, cheese, hot sauce. Now to wash it all down with a liter of water.

I have a bit of a heads up that the job most likely will go to another applicant, a man who actually has experience working with the ice machines. My hubby is the ups man for the business (which is how I knew to apply) and he talks with the receptionist. But, I feel pretty good that I made enough of an impression that I made it a hard decision for the owner.
Official word goes out Friday.

My workout schedule has been completely off this week.. between the snow storm and losing my workout partner this week, I have slacked off. I will be making that a big goal for next week.

Cheryl- Glad you stopped by.. I understand your frustration. Hang in there.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #72
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
How do ya feel Deb? Sore from the bow-flex?
yep so I got up early and went to my 1 hour RX class

Cheryl have you got yourself figured out?

Vandy I bet you impressed them

Jo are you melting? We had about 4 inches of fresh snow over night..im getting sick of it for sure.

HEY...did I tell you all about the crazy lady in the building that is accusing me of things?
Old 03-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Howdy!
GB, Cuda & LauraLee!

Deb~Glad ur foot is better & ur back in the Game! Good going on the bow-flexing. How did LB's veggie chow mein turn out? Now, what r u being accused of?

CJ~How was your Anniversary? Figure things out yet?

Cuda~LOL...after doing those 50 squats! Why so many squats...70? Hard on your knees. 7# is doable if diligent.

Misty~Glad u r feeling better! Luv chic-cacciatore...how did it turn out?

V~Yes, U did go far on the job interview. Maybe...U still have a chance? It's not Friday yet! Bet ur sis will be Happy!

GJo~Glad U R feeling better 2! Too bad DH caught it! How did the kids do in the Bush? For some reason...that made me LOL! That's a Lot of Sausage! I luv me some fresh made sausage. I have a thing for Bockwurst & Bratwurst & polish....

GB~KUTGW! Good 4 U losing 42#! I keep trying to lose the same ole 10# over & over again!

Karen~How's Tax season? Remember to save some time for yourself! Did U hurt your back 2? Hate back pain.

All is well here. Back is better! Back @ yoga & even went Skiing. Was going to go again today...but, the wind picked up & I don't like it when it's too windy. So, doing Hazel chores & such today. Scale is -3#.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Finally a beautiful day today started of at -4 but is 34 now and sunny another great day out side, walked around the lake checking out how everyone is doing. Made spinach and bacon quiche this morning and grilling steak for dinner

Pat glad you back is better and you back in the swing of things. No sking for me I know I'd break something important for sure. But can't wait to get back to paddle boarding, hope i remember how.

Jo that sausage fund is a great idea, we do one for cookie dough but going to past that one by the team. I love fresh sausage. I know what you mean about our DHs not be able to take all the meds we can when we get sick it's really hard. We have a list of things DH can take and there's not many.

Deb what's up with the crazy lady???

V ss to hear about the job, but with summer coming some day, it'll be nice to have it off.

Cheryl hope things start getting back to normal, miss chatting with you on here.

How's everyone else doing today??
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Misty~Beautiful day here too except for the wind. Crustless quiche? I just made a brekker casserole the other day too. No decisions to make in the mornings. Yum...steak! Reminds me to take one out of the freezer.

Hazels almost done. Sheets/towels/bathrms/vacuum/all done.
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #76
Deb

OK we have a tenant that was accusing the managers before us of going into her suite and taking things....

last month she started saying that I had been going into her suite so I had my office manager start to log details about this tenant complaining and about the same time mental health and cops had showed up in the buildings with concerns..tenant wouldn't talk to them and took to screaming at them and sending them away

between the offices she has been complaining/yelling and screaming so finally my manager had a chat with her..couple days later she was back at it so my man took her on ..

yesterday she went back to my office manager and said I had come into her suite and I was still up there So my manager sent her a letter saying she needs to find another place to live

now today..tenant goes to him and says it wasn't her complaining at all

good thing we have it all logged ..my next step is calling medical on her

I tell ya it isn't pleasant when your being accused of entering a apartment without it being a emergency
Old 03-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post
GB~KUTGW! Good 4 U losing 42#! I keep trying to lose the same ole 10# over & over again!
I hear ya! That could be me too if I can't find a way to gut this out.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
nice to be missed.

I just got home. Work is crazy. Off to Springfield to work tomorrow to fill in for a rep. I'm reading every bodies posts. newbies! Snow is gone. Gonna be in the sixties. Weight going nowhere. you all. I'll try to post better tomorrow.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Back pain just from being out of shape, I think. If I do some weights and stretches, no pain..............

Tax season always gets the best of me. No time for my well-being.
But SO much better than last year.....
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:51 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Girls and Boys , Friday has arrived . V you wont know for sure until today, but you gave it a good go. I am going to need a lot of staff around the end of April and I know I am going to have trouble getting people to apply. Deb yes we got dumped on again last night, the snow is already over our fence but at least it had to warm up to snow so maybe a bit warmer weather??? \\What a fun tenant story Hope things work out. Pat the kids had a great day and they went to the bush on snowmobiles. They came home tired out but happy. WTG on your 3 lbs Misty we have a list to but for some reason I thought he knew what was on the list so I guess that's my job too now. We wont be making any more mistakes !! He is feel some better today so that's a good thing. Misty people will pay quite a bit up here for well anything to do with food since the prices are all so high anyway. We do the cookie dough one as well. I'm hoping our walking days are going to arrive soon! Your always missed Cheryl hope your day is not so busy today. Karen take care of yourself and hope the season passes fast for you. Well off to truck through that snow and get myself to work. Have a great day.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Deb - We considered buying an income property and it's things like that that make me glad we didnt!

Day 5 Squat Challenge complete - 70 Squats was easier than 60.. Think that day of rest really helped!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Good Morning Girls and Boys , Friday has arrived . V you wont know for sure until today, but you gave it a good go. I am going to need a lot of staff around the end of April and I know I am going to have trouble getting people to apply. Deb yes we got dumped on again last night, the snow is already over our fence but at least it had to warm up to snow so maybe a bit warmer weather??? \What a fun tenant story Hope things work out. Pat the kids had a great day and they went to the bush on snowmobiles. They came home tired out but happy. WTG on your 3 lbs Misty we have a list to but for some reason I thought he knew what was on the list so I guess that's my job too now. We wont be making any more mistakes !! He is feel some better today so that's a good thing. Misty people will pay quite a bit up here for well anything to do with food since the prices are all so high anyway. We do the cookie dough one as well. I'm hoping our walking days are going to arrive soon! Your always missed Cheryl hope your day is not so busy today. Karen take care of yourself and hope the season passes fast for you. Well off to truck through that snow and get myself to work. Have a great day.
Good morning
Old 03-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Goodmorning back from the gym, no gym on the weekends but it's going to be a nice one so will get walking in.

Deb sounds like that tenant has a real problem

Cheryl glad you popped in. Hope you get the weekend off and rest.

Karen your back probably hurts from having to sit all day doing the taxes.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #84
Deb

ya its friday

I am super sore this morning

im going to take a well deserved morning off and go do some shopping and have a tan

not a cloud in the sky this morning and the birds are chirping..hope its a nice weekend because we have big plans for the lake house.I want to get set up where it will feel like home again
Old 03-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #85
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudabear View Post
Deb - We considered buying an income property and it's things like that that make me glad we didnt!
I wish I owned this property

I am a apartment manager for 106 unit high rize

BUT I do have retal property and the best thing about it is the $$$$$
Old 03-07-2014, 09:42 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Can't believe that I have called every store in our area that sells pellets for my stove and the are all out for a few weeks. That says how cold it's been this winter. DS just called and he said he found a store with them, so DH is going to pick up 10 bags but it's a long ride. But better that having to use my electric heat.

Krista good job on the squats. So you do 5 days and then 1 day off. I did some the last few days but not that many my legs were burning.

GB love the new picture, looks so nice and warm there. Do you live on a lake?? Your right it seems those last ten are a killer. When I finally get to goal I'd like to lose a few more for a playing field.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Deb - Yikes! That's a lot of units.. Must keep you running!
Misty - 3 days on 1 off, increase by 5 squats daily.. I've always had insanely strong legs but i'm pushing through better than I expected!
Old 03-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
GB love the new picture, looks so nice and warm there. Do you live on a lake?? Your right it seems those last ten are a killer. When I finally get to goal I'd like to lose a few more for a playing field.
Thnx misty!

It was taken at my wife's folk's place on their shared lake in Florida.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:23 PM   #89
Deb

NO pellets Misty wowzers..who would have thought

great deals at Costco today..i love the Costco coupons
Old 03-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #90
Deb

the offices are closed

my man is sitting and playing his new guitar and im cooking a huge chili to take to the lake house tomorrow

where is everyone and what are you doing this weekend?