Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #31
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Misty- Sorry you are still fighting with that flu. Your are wise not to push yourself too hard yet.

Deb- Hope your foot is feeling stronger today. I am looking forward to the time change. I hate the short winter days.

Jo- So sorry to hear you have been sick too. So much sickness this year.. it is the winter that never ends.

Pat- Hiya! Good to see you, catch back up with us when you have time.

GoBahnsen- Where do you buy the Braggs apple cider vinegar?

Cudabear- Welcome to the group, glad to have you here!

Cheryl- Hope you are enjoying your anniversary.

Night eating is a real trap for me as well. I have found that eating my largest meal of the day around 5 or 6 in the evening keeps me from snacking. Usually it is mostly protein like steak or chicken breast... which seems to be what I need to not get hungry again before bed time.

My dh and son were home all day today because of the weather, so I have not gotten back to my routine like I want. I go back for a second job interview in the morning....
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
Misty- Sorry you are still fighting with that flu. Your are wise not to push yourself too hard yet.

Deb- Hope your foot is feeling stronger today. I am looking forward to the time change. I hate the short winter days.

Jo- So sorry to hear you have been sick too. So much sickness this year.. it is the winter that never ends.

Pat- Hiya! Good to see you, catch back up with us when you have time.

GoBahnsen- Where do you buy the Braggs apple cider vinegar?

Cudabear- Welcome to the group, glad to have you here!

Cheryl- Hope you are enjoying your anniversary.

Night eating is a real trap for me as well. I have found that eating my largest meal of the day around 5 or 6 in the evening keeps me from snacking. Usually it is mostly protein like steak or chicken breast... which seems to be what I need to not get hungry again before bed time.

My dh and son were home all day today because of the weather, so I have not gotten back to my routine like I want. I go back for a second job interview in the morning....
We have a health food store here called Mothers and I think our local Sprouts carries it. It's not the only raw apple cider vinegar you can buy. Just make sure it's RAW, not pasturized or filtered and all that junk.

It runs about 5 bucks a quart. But then my wife started ordering this vinegar for 8 bucks a gallon. It's good too. They all taste really strong! I usually drink a an ounce in an ounce or 2 of water before bed. Garlic is great too! Vita c.

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 03-03-2014 at 06:34 PM..
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #34
Deb

Miss V a second interview is goooooooood news

my new bandage is very small and I will be able to wear a nike tomorrow

sleep good friends
Old 03-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
I made it too. Need gym time to get back to quit hurting.
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:51 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
I love that we have new people , that's always fun. Misty I hope you get better that was my first time sick since I started LC a few years ago. I feel much more like myself but did get on the scale today and didn't like what I saw but in truth I though it might be worst. I expect its just water weight and should come off in the next few days. So I want to be back in onederland before this month is over and I am going to be. I just have to stick to my plan and I know it works. Deb hope you foot is feeling better. V good luck with the job. Karen stop hurting .GoBahnsen we take a lot of Vit D because we don't get out in the sun much in the winter and worst this winter. Cheryl WTG to get the scale back down, hope your roads are better and get at that computer we don't know it breaking down. Cudabear
welcome to the group, do you have a name we can call you. You too Gobahnsen? Hope you all have a good Tuesday !!
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
I love that we have new people , that's always fun. Misty I hope you get better that was my first time sick since I started LC a few years ago. I feel much more like myself but did get on the scale today and didn't like what I saw but in truth I though it might be worst. I expect its just water weight and should come off in the next few days. So I want to be back in onederland before this month is over and I am going to be. I just have to stick to my plan and I know it works. Deb hope you foot is feeling better. V good luck with the job. Karen stop hurting .GoBahnsen we take a lot of Vit D because we don't get out in the sun much in the winter and worst this winter. Cheryl WTG to get the scale back down, hope your roads are better and get at that computer we don't know it breaking down. Cudabear
welcome to the group, do you have a name we can call you. You too Gobahnsen? Hope you all have a good Tuesday !!
You can call me GB or GoB or GoBa. GoBa is when you're feeling like doing baby-talk. Or you can call me baby

Good morning Gm Jo
Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/146/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Thanks for all the ‘Welcomes’!

Feeling a wee frustrated today as I have creeped up another .5lb.. That’s +1.5lbs so far this month – Not a good start to this March!
Lots of water and tea today to see if I can knock a bit of it off!

Thought I would share a funny story..
I decided to start the squat challenge yesterday. It starts with 50 squats on the first day. I started my squats and next thing I knew I was done!! 50 squats.. all in a row.. without too much pain or challenge (done low and properly). I have always had strong legs but was feeling pretty proud of myself for getting through the first day so easily. Fast forward about 25 minutes when I decided to get some tea - Stood up from my desk and BAM!! my legs just gave out and I went collapsing to the ground.. I laughed my butt off.. So much for my 'super human' strength!!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudabear View Post
Thanks for all the ‘Welcomes’!

Feeling a wee frustrated today as I have creeped up another .5lb.. That’s +1.5lbs so far this month – Not a good start to this March!
Lots of water and tea today to see if I can knock a bit of it off!

Thought I would share a funny story..
I decided to start the squat challenge yesterday. It starts with 50 squats on the first day. I started my squats and next thing I knew I was done!! 50 squats.. all in a row.. without too much pain or challenge (done low and properly). I have always had strong legs but was feeling pretty proud of myself for getting through the first day so easily. Fast forward about 25 minutes when I decided to get some tea - Stood up from my desk and BAM!! my legs just gave out and I went collapsing to the ground.. I laughed my butt off.. So much for my 'super human' strength!!

Well nice going on the squats girl! Nothing like squats to get the heart rate up in a hurry. And you don't have to be in the gym to do em
Old 03-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #40
Deb

good morning all....I had a good sleep

I have 2 shoes on and I have already done some of my chores

going to take myself out for some shopping and a tan session

life as I know it is getting back to normal
Old 03-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #41
Deb

Old 03-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
good morning all....I had a good sleep

I have 2 shoes on and I have already done some of my chores

going to take myself out for some shopping and a tan session

life as I know it is getting back to normal
Hi ya Deb Don't know anything about tanning places, but I recently read Dr. Mercola saying how ecited he is to be discovering that the whole big "sun-screen" craze the past however many years now and all the fear of the sun...has led to more cancer, not less. The reason being, lack of the super cancer fighter, vitamin D. And the best form comes from food and sunshine.

And apparently melanomas are not caused by the sun. They are often found on areas on the skin where the sun never touches. Just a brief reading. I'm sure there are articles to the contrary. But I love the sun. Been in it all my life. No cancer yet. Thank the Lord
Old 03-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Old 03-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Feeling better today, but DH still sick so trying to stay away from him, I sure don't want it back in full force. Had to work for a few hours so I hit the gym again and had a decient work out without coughing much Making chicken cacciatore tonight, my appetite is finally back so doing everyting right on plan.

V hope your interview goes good. I going to try and eat and hour later to see if it keeps me full and no night time eating. Sometimes I almost think it just a habit

Karen hope the back feels better.

Jo same here I never get the flu like this, I'm thinking DH has it so bad that I keep getting it back. I sure you'll get the scale back down in know time. Glad your feeling better.

GB tks started taking Braggs this morning, I take it all summer for allergies but never thought of it for the flu. Your right all skin cancers are not always from the sun. DH gets it from his meds and has them removed twice a year.

Krista wtg on the squats but I bet you really feel it tomorrow. Must of wonder what happen when you hit the floor.

Deb what you buy shopping, it's always something good. Wtg getting both shoes on.

Cheryl hope the roads are better today and that the comp is running good now.
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Feeling better today, but DH still sick so trying to stay away from him, I sure don't want it back in full force. Had to work for a few hours so I hit the gym again and had a decient work out without coughing much Making chicken cacciatore tonight, my appetite is finally back so doing everyting right on plan.

V hope your interview goes good. I going to try and eat and hour later to see if it keeps me full and no night time eating. Sometimes I almost think it just a habit

Karen hope the back feels better.

Jo same here I never get the flu like this, I'm thinking DH has it so bad that I keep getting it back. I sure you'll get the scale back down in know time. Glad your feeling better.

GB tks started taking Braggs this morning, I take it all summer for allergies but never thought of it for the flu. Your right all skin cancers are not always from the sun. DH gets it from his meds and has them removed twice a year.

Krista wtg on the squats but I bet you really feel it tomorrow. Must of wonder what happen when you hit the floor.

Deb what you buy shopping, it's always something good. Wtg getting both shoes on.

Cheryl hope the roads are better today and that the comp is running good now.
Take the vinegar as much as you can handle. I think the viruses find it very annoying...makes them want to find a new home
Old 03-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #46
Deb

Misty im so glad your feelingbetter...sounds like we are all on the mend.I have never made chicken Caccatore

My L/B is in the kitchen making veggie chow-mein..he cooks twice a year so im excited..but he does do a great bbq

Im getting my gear ready for a morning outside run..feeling good !!

V how did the interview go today?

Cheryl How is the melt going...r u ok being home bound?

Misty I only bought a big basket of fresh produce today..nothing real exciting unless you get excited about squash

Old 03-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
The interview went very well... lots of applicants, but they have narrowed it down to 3 of us. I should know by Friday. You wouldn't think there would be so many people going after a part time job, but times are tough.

I got back on plan today. Keeping my carbs below 15 for the next week is my goal. We started to melt a little here today.. we got above freezing and tomorrow it will be warmer tomorrow. Such a busy day today.. I will try to get back in here early tomorrow and catch up with everybody.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #48
Deb

fingers crossed for you miss V..i know you will get the job
Old 03-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #49
Deb

omg I justrealized im coming up to 20000 posts

do I have a life or what
Old 03-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
The interview went very well... lots of applicants, but they have narrowed it down to 3 of us. I should know by Friday. You wouldn't think there would be so many people going after a part time job, but times are tough.

I will pray for you right now. And after that I will forget, so I'm going to do it right now. That doesn't guarantee a "yes" answer tho. But we have not because we ask not too
Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
omg I justrealized im coming up to 20000 posts

do I have a life or what
Think how much you have learned and helped others. I like your posts. Thnx!
Old 03-05-2014, 04:46 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Ok GB it will be looks like you are an active poster, we will have to keep up but I bet Deb will. Deb 2000o posts? You really are a talker. I need to learn to write shorter post or I will never make 1000 after all this time. Deb you have given so many people so much good advice and are always there for everyone. Hope your foot is feeling better. V hope things work out for you, there are a lot of people looking for jobs , I think things are a bit tough for a lot of folks right now. Misty I love chicken cacciatore but haven't made it in awhile. Glad you are feeling better , my hubby started getting the cold yesterday. I am sure he will be just as sick as I was in another day or two. Hope yours gets better soon. Its been a challenge at work as I have so many staff off sick right now. Lots of jingling schedules but they are being great about it. Feel sorry for some working so many days but lots of overtime for them, and they don't seem to mind with the high heating bills this winter. CCbear that story made me laugh but good job on the squats! Cheryl hope things are ok after your storm Hope you have power and the roads are ok. Crazy week at work for me and had to sort 4000 dollars worth of sausage yesterday for another grade eight fundraiser. Think I got my work out doing that . Well have a great hump day and good morning to all of you.
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:29 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Summerbreeze Sending positive vibes and wishing you luck for Friday!!!

So I am up to 60 squats.. They are starting to get hard but I get a rest day tomorrow.. YAY!
I also managed to squeeze in a 40min workout after work along with my squats and low and behold - 2lbs drop overnight.. Finally got rid of those extra lbs I was hanging onto from the weekend! Hope I can drop another 1.5lbs for my Friday weigh in.. If I dont hit 2lbs a week this 7lb goal I set for myself this month is going to be really hard to hit.. Think it's going to be hard to hit regardless
Cudabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
, my hubby started getting the cold yesterday. I am sure he will be just as sick as I was in another day or two.
Good morning GJ Ok...this is the perfect time to experiment! If hubby will drink raw apple cider vinegar and take garlic, vita C and other immune boosters which you can find in different kinds of wellness formula supplements. Lots of water and if possible, sweating in a sauna....then he will beat this virus before it goes deep.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:50 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudabear View Post
Summerbreeze Sending positive vibes and wishing you luck for Friday!!!

So I am up to 60 squats.. They are starting to get hard but I get a rest day tomorrow.. YAY!
I also managed to squeeze in a 40min workout after work along with my squats and low and behold - 2lbs drop overnight.. Finally got rid of those extra lbs I was hanging onto from the weekend! Hope I can drop another 1.5lbs for my Friday weigh in.. If I dont hit 2lbs a week this 7lb goal I set for myself this month is going to be really hard to hit.. Think it's going to be hard to hit regardless
Nice job on the 2lbs Cuda That's a lot!!! I dropped a pound finally. I'm into my final 10 of 50. The first 40 came off in 3 months of ketosis. Now it's like prying teeth to get the body to go lighter.

I had to run in the morning, bike all day off and on, run in the afternoon, do 45 pull-ups and 450 push-ups. All that on a can of tuna and lemons and green powder, plus my good oils. Then for dinner I stopped the bacon and blue cheese on my cob salad.

It pretty much takes heroics like that to lose the last 10lbs, unless you're willing to settle for a 1/4 pound a week or so. Then you can just continue normal routines of good diet and exercise.

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 03-05-2014 at 07:51 AM..
Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lauralee-baeckel
WOE: 227/225/170
Start Date: March 1, 2104
March Challenge

I am joining the challenge ..... March is going to be a great month

3-1-2014 227
3-2-2014 277
3-3-2014 225
3-4-3014 225
lauralee-baeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralee-baeckel View Post
I am joining the challenge ..... March is going to be a great month

3-1-2014 227
3-2-2014 277
3-3-2014 225
3-4-3014 225
And let me be the first to welcome you! How did you go up 50 lbs from 3-1 to 3-2? But then you lost it all again in a day! You are amazing girl!!!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Bahnsen! I've been on those last 10lbs before, I feel your pain - Keep pushing through, you can do it!!

Lauralee - Do you have any particular goals this month?
Old 03-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Made it to the gym again today and the weather is pretty nice, so went for a little walk but roads are still icy.

Deb wow that's alot of chatting, how the foot today? Deb you got to try and make the chicken cacciatore, so quick and easy.

V wtg getting to the top 3, wish you luck on Friday.

GB I'm taking the braggs and it seems to be working, now giving it to DH, I feel so bad he can't take any meds. Wow sounds like you got some nice exercise in, I take it you live where it warm and no snow.

Jo hope your DH doesn't get it bad, it seems that it get passed around so fast. Lot of sausage, do the raffle it off for the fundraiser?

Krista nice lose, 2lbs is great. How many days a week are you doing squats, I figured you'd be so sore today. I'd like to start doing them again to get legs in shape before summer.

laurallee

Cheryl and Pat hope your doing ok.
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Misty - I'm actually not too bad today! (and thats including a 40min hill climb I did last night) I am on day 3 (60 squats) which I finished this morning. The 30 day challenge does 3 days in a row and 1 day of rest, so tomorrow I don't have to do any, but it's punished with an increase of 10 squats the following day.. 70 Squats!! Now thats going to start hurting!!!