Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Jo I make myself face my scale too. it reminds me what I'm doing to myself , good or bad. You haven't been out snow shoeing in a while. How's DH doing these days? Back to normal?

Deb glad LB is ok. Did you miss me?

Misty beef stew sounds good. That's so wonderful how they are honoring Rocco. you'll have lots of support there to help get thru it.

V that's terrible! Things like spook me for awhile. I hope they make it. It will be a hard recovery. Did you get any of the snow? It quit just a few miles from us. Only rain here.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sooz
Stats: 171.8/157.9/145 (5'6")
WOE: LC/IF
Start Date: Over and over and over
Deb: that scale is off limits for me until.... well I don't know! mentalpause is awful. so glad I'm done. Dog dreams?? Glad L/B's mouth is good. Dentalpause is awful too!

Yeah Pat, DD's boss had already given her the raise before her chair broke. I wanna hear about the Kale Salad too! Yum! We are pretty excited about Kauai! You having strange dreams too... ugh!

Sorry about Mom Cheryl. Glad you slept good. Is the oven door on yet? I very rarely bake anything.

V: GREAT job so far today. I did all meat and no eggs for about 2 days. It's hard but at least you are not hungry! Thank goodness the Mom and her kids are going to survive. Awful... Glad he's gonna survive too and I hope he gets his due in prison.

Yum on beef stew Misty! DD's back is still bad. She gets PT tomorrow so hopefully she's on the mend. I just can't imagine how hard it must be for you with Rocco going so suddenly. It's very cool they will retire his number. Make sure and take a picture of the wall so we can see it. It's not going to be an easy time for sure.

Jo! This no sleep thing is going around! 1 day in is for sure a start! One day at a time for me as well.

Work was crazy busy today and will be worse tomorrow. DGS is calling my name so I'm going to go snuggle with a 12 year old.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I NEGU! Do you?
Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #363
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Cheryl I bet you broke that oven door glass so you didn't have to cook

yes I missed you...what the heck????

Sooz you are so lucky to be over this mentalpause thang..it sucks..yes dog dreams

V that story is so sad and it would keep me up also....want wine?
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Well I am just beginning my journey into mentalpause so I guess I better buckle up and get ready for the ride.

Update on the Mom and kids.. they will all be okay. The man was an ex boyfriend that had written her letters talking about taking out the whole family. She had gotten two restraining orders, but requested both be removed when she got back together with him.

Deb- The wine was restocked today. And I am drinking a goodnight glass for you tonight.

I stayed good on meat and egg today. Will be working out again in the morning.

Have a good night all... sleep good!!
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:45 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/199.6/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011, restart 12 Jan 2014
Cheryl I did get on it this morning and it could be worse I am pretty much the same, do have one day in and plan on sticking to plan today. I laughed about your oven door and you might want to just read a book today to make sure you don't break anything. My Hubby would only worry if I broke the oven door that I couldn't cook. V , mentalpause is no fun but if you have a friend that work in a commercial kitchen you can always borrow their walk in freezers Its great once its over, hang on for the ride. Wine helps and rye even more. Sooz I made up for that sleep last night and didn't want to get up this morning. Day 2 for me! Deb glad it wasn't a big deal for his bridge dental work cost so much. Well day 2 for me, one day at a time for sure. I have interviews this morning and I do need a few staff, you would think at over 16 dollars a hour they would be lining up for work, I know that would be in Nova Scotia. The is casual with no experience. 92 days till retirement Bad storm moving into NS today going to be thinking about my family and hoping they all keep power and get to enjoy their snowday. Happy Hump day!
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:48 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl I haven't been out snowshoeing in awhile in fact I have been doing nothing with this crazy winter but its time to change that and we have moved from insane crazy cold weather to normal winter temps for the rest of the world. We should be having a awesome outdoor play weekend. I am sure every bone in my body is going to feel it but its so good for my mind.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:25 AM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Goodmorning, hope everyone got a better night sleep last night. Got to work today, so hitting the gym 1st, I'm so sore from yesterday but going to get there all week. For me the scale is down a bit and going to try and keep it that way.

Jo sounds like a fun weekend for you. Snowshoeing is great exercise. Alot are getting that bad snow storm around us. But we're just getting the extreme cold and wind and that's fine with me.

ok off to the gym not going to push too hard just steady. Got chicken stew in the crock. Good for a cold day
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Goodmorning, hope everyone got a better night sleep last night. Got to work today, so hitting the gym 1st, I'm so sore from yesterday but going to get there all week. For me the scale is down a bit and going to try and keep it that way.

Jo sounds like a fun weekend for you. Snowshoeing is great exercise. Alot are getting that bad snow storm around us. But we're just getting the extreme cold and wind and that's fine with me.

ok off to the gym not going to push too hard just steady. Got chicken stew in the crock. Good for a cold day
Hi misty
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:08 AM   #369
Deb

wow I feel great this morning..slept 9:30 till 7 am

going to finish my coffee and head out for a run!

V glad the family will be ok and bet you enjoyed that wine..what kind did you buy? I have some bottles in my bar but I still love my home made merlot
Old 03-26-2014, 07:26 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
wow I feel great this morning..slept 9:30 till 7 am

going to finish my coffee and head out for a run!

V glad the family will be ok and bet you enjoyed that wine..what kind did you buy? I have some bottles in my bar but I still love my home made merlot
Hi Deb Isn't it great to wake up feeling good?!

Hey, that's one of the big perks for keeping junk out of our mouths. So let's revel in it

I found a new way to run and bike in the canyon hills. It used to be that I was like everyone else...can't stop till you get to the top. So you just grind it out, thinking, how much longer? Why does this hill have to be so long? I hate this. I feel like I'm going to die. I am so uncomfortable. Oh, there's the top, just a few hundred more yards to go now. Huf, puff, grind it, grind.

So yesterday, I just ran hard to a certain point and stopped. Waited till my heart rate came down and did a another stretch.

My point is, if our exercise doesn't feel good to us, if it's too uncomfortable, then change it up. Do what you can handle. No need to follow the herd. Just get your heart rate up, feel a burn in the muscles is you want, then stop and rest.

Or if you like torture, then torture yourself. I got sick of torture. To each his/her own. Just find out what works for you.

Ok...that was yer pep talk to all those who have become fearful of pain.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well they think Mom has shingles without the rash and blisters. She had the shot but Dr said it is only 60% effective. They are going to run some other tests to rule out a couple other things.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GB you are so right. I'm not into torture. We all need to be able to enjoy what we do. I'm not fearful of pain cuz I have chronic pain. But I keep trying to find something I can do, enjoy and not increase my pain. I always loved exercising. Now I exercise vicariously thru everybody here did you have your beer at the top?

Deb how was the run? Yes I do hate cooking.

Misty good for you and the gym. I need to crock more

Jo me too. I sure hope it warms up for you. I think we are done with it. Hang in there. Everyday we stick to our WOE is a step forward. Even if we mess up now and then , there is more forward progress than backward and we get closer to the finish line.

V that's so good they are going to be ok. At least physically. Just starting your MP ride huh? It's quite the roller coaster !

Sooz yes the door is back on. I don't bake much. I do use it for steaks when it's too cold to grill. Sear them on the stove and finish them in the oven. Or enchilada bake. My nephew uses it more for his pizza rolls, pot pies etc.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mom called after her x ray. She doesn't think it is shingles. The position they put her in for the x ray made her really start hurting. So we will see.

I reminded her to ask for pain meds when she called the first time. So she did and got some. you would think they would have offered them.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
GB you are so right. I'm not into torture. We all need to be able to enjoy what we do. I'm not fearful of pain cuz I have chronic pain. But I keep trying to find something I can do, enjoy and not increase my pain. I always loved exercising. Now I exercise vicariously thru everybody here did you have your beer at the top?

The lady knows me too well No, yesterday I didn't have beer at the top. That's more of a special day thing...like a Saturday or when I go on a trip.

Sorry about yer chronic pain Sounds like you are coping well tho. I'll pray for ya today.

Have a good one my friend.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #375
Deb

GoB don't let Jillian Michaels here you talking like that

Im a pusher and if im hurting I like it

Cheryl I had a great run this morning..
took all my winter coats to storage downstairs today..a couple of them are tight so I hid them like the scale

Back to my portion control and im hitting class tomorrow ....I miss it

ground beef n onions with rotel in the big fry pan
Old 03-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Misty we hopefully are going to get warmer, in my village in NS they are getting hit big time with the storm but so far they still have power but lots don't . GB I like to stop and enjoy as well although sometimes I am like Deb and just want to move but that's the best way to get rid of stress. Cheryl today has been good so far, made pork tenderloin stuffed with cheese and bacon for supper, they loved it and I enjoyed it as well. Weird things we decide to eat in this WOE. I hope the cold leaves soon too. Your poor mom as been through so much. Deb , Jillian Michaels scares me she is mean and you are being mean too, talking about putting winter coats away!!!! Spring had to come at some point , hopefully before next winter.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Nice chicken stew for dinner, great on the cold and very windy day. But real toasty in the house

GB I'm the same way, if I push to hard and end up sore, I end up missing days of exercise and then have to start over. I like changing up my workouts but at a nice steady pace. I was thinking the same thing as Cheryl and wondered if you had you reward beer at the top

Deb wtg a good nights sleep, I didn't do to bad after a few glasses of wine. Found a new one I like called White Melot.

Cheryl hope they find out what is causing the pain, but at least she has the pain pills and can maybe get a full nights sleep. I love to crock when I know I got things to do, one pot and dinners ready. Making stuffed peppers tomorrow, so crocked 3 days in a row.l

Jo the wind here is so bad, but I worth not to have snow this time. And they say it going to be in the 50 by Saturday. Maybe spring will finally come. The lake is still frozen with no sign of thaw yet.
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Wow! U guys have been Chatty!

Misty~That tribute to honor Rocco is so Sweet. It will be tough but, you're going to be a Proud Mamma! Good for you trying to go to they gym all this wk! Yum...chic stew. You slow cook your stuffed peppers? Haven't tried that yet. Sounds delish.

V~Sad about that family. I'v heard it/seen it w/women who bring back an abuser...becuz, they Love him. Yeah, M-pause Sux!

Sooz~Is DD better? Yay...on her raise! Yup, M-pause is Awful. How was Mex place? Did you have a Rita or two?

Deb~Glad you're getting back to class manana! That Rotel chili sounds Yummo! Yay...storing coats is a good thing!

CJ~Hear you on the chronic pain. Geez...I hope they figure out what is going on w/your Mom! Yay...new oven door! Yeah...whachoo going to break this wknd?

GJo~I'd be counting the days too! LOL...on the walk-in Freezers! I literally used to stick my head in the Freezer when I had some Bad Flashes! Have a Fun outdoor play wknd!

GB~Thx for the Pep talk! Yep...we all need to change it up from time to time! LOL...on the Huff puff-Grind it!

Well, another nite of not sleeping well. Almost resorted to taking ambien but, refrained. Yoga instructor was tough on us yesterday! Dang! Eats have been good...but, scale not moving. It's a NY on the Barbie for late lunch/dinner.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

I really don't have a set recipe for the kale salad. But, this is basically how I make it.
Kale Salad:
Either buy the salad in a bag if U can find it or just do it all yourself.
The Bagged salad has shredded carrots & cabbage in it.
I add raisins, sunflowers seeds, toasted sesame seeds, cherry maters halfed, seeded cubed cukes & some onion.
Blue Cheese Crumbles on top when salad is plated along w/cracked pepper.

Dressings:Measures: start w/1/4cup or more of oils, 1/2cup of vinegar or more, depends on how big of a salad you're making) I use sesame oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, Ms Dash or other seasonings, a packet of Splenda or other sugar sub. Whisk it all up & add to the salad. Mix well. Let the salad sit for 1/2hr or so for the kale to grab on to the drsg before plating it. I tupperware it. The salad can last up to 3 days. The kale doesn't get all soggy/limp like other lettuce.

Last edited by Rbenz; 03-26-2014 at 05:21 PM..
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #380
Deb

Jo I love JM
Misty white merlot? wow..my wine kitz place just called me today and I ordered up a 10 batch merlot
Pat another sleepless nite you poor girl you and your steaks wish we could have bbq here..i need to buy a electric one..hard to find.

packing up the truck with new goods to go to the lake house tomorrow..L/B will go..and he is meeting a couple that are interested in renting..just so happens the guy used to work with L/B's brother and they know some of the same people..hmmmmmm

10 above here and they keep teasing us with rain..i would love a day or 2 or rain

************oh 10 above is 52 in American language so don't get all

****what?****

Old 03-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #381
Deb

Pat we were posting at the same time
I didn't know they made a bagged kale salad..i will look

I like the way that salad lasts and doesn't wilt..will have to try it for sure

Sleep good tonight Pat..have wine?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
GoB don't let Jillian Michaels here you talking like that

Im a pusher and if im hurting I like it

Cheryl I had a great run this morning..
took all my winter coats to storage downstairs today..a couple of them are tight so I hid them like the scale

Back to my portion control and im hitting class tomorrow ....I miss it

ground beef n onions with rotel in the big fry pan
Who's Lillian Michaels?

(GoBahnsen walks away knowing perfectly well who Jillian. not Lillian, Michaels is, but he wants to see if Deb will take the bait and explain to him just who this lady is.)

So who's Lillian Michaels anyway Deb?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 03-26-2014, 08:32 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Cheryl- Sorry about your Mom's shingles, they can really cause a lot of pain. I hope they can get them under control quickly. I have already made up my mind to get the shots for them as soon as I am eligible because I do not want to get them.

Deb- I am a Cabernet girl. I like my wine very dry. But I would sure love to sample your Merlot some day.

Pat- the Kale salad sounds yummy. Do you ever bake kale crisp into the chips like some people are for snacks? I need to try that some time.

Misty- Glad you are home. The chicken stew sounds very nice. It was cold and wet here today and stew would have been perfect.

We had a really cold wet WINDY day. Blew over my sons basketball goal in the drive way and I had a lot of fun trying to get it moved over to the side of the drive so I could get out. I worked out this morning and am pushing for day 3 in a row tomorrow. I told dd we had to keep it going even though she said she was sore. She will have 3 days off to rest so she will be fine.
I am down another pound and have stayed with meat and eggs again today so I think that it will be down a little more tomorrow.

Now off to bed.... working out in about 7 hours.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #385
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Who's Lillian Michaels?

(GoBahnsen walks away knowing perfectly well who Jillian. not Lillian, Michaels is, but he wants to see if Deb will take the bait and explain to him just who this lady is.)

So who's Lillian Michaels anyway Deb?
What an instigator!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

V Mom has had the shingle shot. Dr said it is only 60% effective.

Yeah windy cool and rainy here did you send it here?

Sounds like you are doing good diet and exercise wise!

Pat I haven't decided what I will break this weekend

GB I'm used to my pain. We are old friends. Just would like to be able to do more.

Deb back to maybe renting LH? Rotel. Imagine that

Misty you are still frozen too? Boy ! Is that normal?

Jo your pork sounded wonderful. Can you smell Spring coming?

Moms pain meds worked and she had a comfortable day. I'll run by tomorrow and do errands for her
Old 03-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #387
Big Yapper!!!!

Misty~Merlot is a smooth tasting wine. Likey it. Wind cut off yet?

Deb~How much wine will that order make? Just 10 bottles? Yep...have some wine...but, it doesn't seem to help in the sleep dept.. It just gets me to sleep...but, wakes me up in a few hrs..
Thought you guys weren't going to rent out the LH? Broiling a steak or pan frying seems to work out too!

V~KUTGW! LOL...on U pushing your DD instead or the other way around! Me Luvs a Good Cabernet too! Sooo...good w/a Steak! And w/cheese...and.... I've tried store bought kale crisps...they were Yucky. haven't made my own...yet. Can just virtually see you dragging that basketball thingy out of your way. Still windy?

CJ~Glad the meds have made your Mom Comfortable.
Just don't go & breakie anything of DH's!

Had the NY & a salad. Going to go watch a DVD w/DH. Laters....
Old 03-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #388
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post

Old 03-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #389
Deb

V my merlot is very dry...wish we could share some..maybe one day

im off to bed too up in 7 hours myself..sleep well my friend

Cheryl and Pat....if we find the right people to rent I will but they have to be special for sure

im so torn as to what to do but I guess when it happens it happens

I have better luck with the L/B renting it out so im going to leave it up to him to meet and interview the people tomorrow..then if he says yes we will go out on sunday and see them

hope all my girl friends sleep well tonight..including you GoB
Old 03-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #390
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post

Deb~How much wine will that order make?
1 kit = 22 liters

works out good at $30.00 a kit

and its Italian grape