Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Thanks Sooz. we aren't sure what is causing the pain. It is her groin and leg on her injured side.

They didn't give Mom any pain meds or tests. She is just going to stay in her recliner til Wed. For some reason the bed makes it worse.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/151/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Quick check in.. been a long week of Doctors and tests followed by another long week of more Doctors and more tests for me .. exhausted and fed up with always feeling 'broken'.
Diet has slid as I really just dont care right now, need to try to get back on it.

Misty - So very sorry to hear about your pup.. They are so dear to us.
Cheryl - Hope your mom can get some relief and answers soon.
Cudabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #333
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Rocco was such a special dog with all his search and rescue missions. Everybody at the firehouse will really miss him too. I love that picture of you and him.

I hope DH infection gets under control soon. I know his transplant drugs make everything harder. More Misty. take care.
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #334
Big Yapper!!!!

Misty~Thinking of you....

Sooz~Didn't get a chance to say Back yesterday! Read about that potato hack diet! Did it work? I'd prolly do OK on that WOE...cuz I'm a potato Addict!

Deb~How's your Rib? Go to class today? Yummy...Casserole!

V~SS you had the flu. Glad you're getting better!

Karen~You sound Busy! Yum...Burgerking! I Luv me a Whopper, Fries & a Diet Coke!

GJo~Yum...Ribs. I'm hungry for Some!

CBear~ SS you're feeling broken.

GB~Yeah...feeling Fit is a Good Thing!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #335
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Sooz. we aren't sure what is causing the pain. It is her groin and leg on her injured side.

They didn't give Mom any pain meds or tests. She is just going to stay in her recliner til Wed. For some reason the bed makes it worse.
Feel for your Mom!

Glad your scale is Moving.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #336
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
Deb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #337
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooz View Post
[B]

Well Miss V, any friend of Deb's has gotta be FABULOUS!

V is the best...trust me
Old 03-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sooz
Stats: 171.8/157.9/145 (5'6")
WOE: LC/IF
Start Date: Over and over and over
So sorry about your Mom Cheryl. Just sitting in a recliner until Wednesday does not sound like the best solution..... They need to help her!!

Cudabear, doctors visits over and over with no real solution is no fun. Hope they find something to fix. It's hard to worry about your diet when you don't feel well.

Hey Pat! Hope all is well for you. Are you on the mainland yet? The potato hack was good. 1 day of 600 tater calories, then 1,800 tater calories, then 600 tater calories. I lost 1.5 lbs in 3 days. Not bad.

I trust EVERYTHING you say Deb.

Got busy at work but stayed to plan. Off to Mexican cantina tonight for dinner and will stay on plan.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I NEGU! Do you?
Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Moms pain has subsided for now.

Sooz are you in the states? Mexican cantina thru me. I thought it was a while before you headed south again.

CBear. It's terrible when the Dr can't help. I hope they figure it out soon.

Karen are you guys done with snow yet?

Pat all warm again in Maui. that's pore envy there.

Deb what's for dinner. We went out. Still waiting on my oven door.

V yeah we are getting a wintry mix tonight. Temps are dropping. But it won't be here long. Hope you feel better

Jo what's up?

GB. How's everything with our resident guy. Your harem misses you.

Last edited by CJMO; 03-24-2014 at 04:50 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
GB. How's everything with our resident guy. Your harem misses you.
Hi C J Oh the resident guy is doin alright. Trying to get to goal. Just going down and back up in the same spot.

How bout you C J...how are you feeling/doing?
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Yes miss V is my best friend for years..i love her
Aw Shucks Deb.. you make me blush. Thanks friend, I luvs ya too.

Sooz- Now that I am looking at your avi I am noticing those two beauties. Not sure how I missed that before. What a cool picture! I am going off the starchy stuff tomorrow and will be doing meat and eggs along with you.

Cheryl: So happy that the scale is starting to move the right direction! So sorry to hear about your Mom. She is certainly having a rough time right now. Does she live alone? Sometimes the doctors worry about prescribing pain meds that might make them fall. I took care of my dear gm until she finally had to go in a nursing home at the age of 97, she died at 99. So we went through a lot in the years before that, and it is very hard when you can't make everything okay for the people you love so much. I hope they help her quickly. Hugs and prayers for you both.

GB: I am kind of glad to hear that men have some of the same struggles we have during swimsuit season. My dh got me a house with my own pool, so now I can do my thing without worrying about other people. I wish I could tell you how to lose that last 10 pounds, but I haven't got that close to goal yet...

Misty- I know you had to make another trip today, I hope it went okay.

Cuda- Don't sweat the diet right now, you have to find out what is going on. Don't add any stress to what you already have. We will be here when you need us... hang in there.

Pat- are you keeping warm in Maui?? Okay I am officially jealous.

I was still a little out of it today. I am going to try and hit the gym in morning with dd. The wedding countdown is on and we are going to be hitting it hard. Oh yeah Deb- I haven't had any wine since I got sick on Friday. I don't even have any in the house.
Do you feel sorry for me now??
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:19 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Hi C J Oh the resident guy is doin alright. Trying to get to goal. Just going down and back up in the same spot.

How bout you C J...how are you feeling/doing?
I'm back on track. nice seeing you.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

V yes Mom lives alone now. She lived with me a year while she recovered from her tornado injuries and built a new house. She is 82. Or will be in May. She is alert and gets around pretty good except for the bum leg. She is learning she has to have some help doing things. I just wish we could find out what is causing this new pain.

Hope you get back to 100% quick. That wedding isn't too far off.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Yep Cheryl, we are still stateside. Don't leave until April 5 for Vallarta but Monday night we go to our favorite Mexican place in town. So glad your Mom's pain has subsided. It's an awful way to live otherwise.

GB: I know all about that going down and back up in the same spot. Aggravating.

V: Jump on in here with me. Meat and eggs pretty good. I sure don't get hungry. I do only 2 meals a day. Wedding?? What's this wedding Cheryl talks about? Thanks on the grand-twins. They are so fun!

DD is still under the weather so we have 3 grandkids here again tonight. Off to snuggle.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #345
Big Yapper!!!!

CJ-Glad your Mom is feeling a bit better.

Sooz-Hope your DD gets to feeling better. Have fun snuggling. I remember you liking that Mex place. Was on the mainland, but got back here last wk.

V-Glad you're feeling well enuf 2 hit the gym ma˝ana! Whoo...no wine in da House! Yes, I'm staying warm!

Last edited by Rbenz; 03-24-2014 at 09:03 PM..
Old 03-25-2014, 03:19 AM   #346
Deb

went to bed too early..3 am cant get back to sleep

no wine in the house
Old 03-25-2014, 04:14 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Had Boston again yesterday and DH ear looks better. The swelling went down enought to put a wick in it to heal faster and the back again next Tuesday. Now getting back to plan starting with the gym this morning and major food shopping. Thank you all for the kind support on my Rocco.

Cheryl ss that your Mom is going through all that pain. She's been through so much. Hope the pain goes away fast.

Deb NO wine what happened, are you still making it.

It's going to take me awhile to catch up on everyone but I will before the end of the day.
misty1028 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:00 AM   #348
Deb

Oh I have lots of wine still making it..i was posting about V not having any,,

she is tough

Misty how r YOU doing girl friend?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Pat: Me too on DD.... What happened was that she was sitting in a chair at work across from her boss getting her annual review when the chair fell apart and she hit the ground. Really messed up her back but at least the baby (Jaxon David) is fine. We are headed to Princeville Kauai in September. It'll be our first time in HI.

Did you get more sleep Deb? I am sleepy today!

Misty, so glad to hear from you. Glad DH is getting better each day. Hopefully those exhausting trips to Boston will end soon.

It'll be steak and eggs for my first meal today. Stayed away from the scale because it just keeps calling me so I'm gonna ignore it.

Have a great morning everyone!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #350
Deb

Sooz put that scale in the bad boy closet where mine is

I did manage to get some sleep..have to stay up later tonight for sure and try and get back to normal..whatever normal is

Im cooking up a bunch of chicken breasts..big salad nite tonight

may be scrambled eggs for my man tho..he is off to the dentist with bridge problems
Old 03-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #351
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Sooz put that scale in the bad boy closet where mine is
That's what I was going to say to Sooz! Was going to tell her...Let's put our scales in Deb's BB closet!

Deb~Yeah...I had trouble sleeping last night too! Did the chic-boobs a few days ago. 1 left 4 my lunch today. & Finished off the big Kale salad yesterday. Hope LB's bridge is easily repairable.

Sooz~Her Chair fell Apart! Dang! Bet she got a Good Annual Report after all that! Kewl...Kauai in Sept! You're going to Luv it!

Misty~Glad DH's ear is getting better. Yeah...sounds like you could use some "me" time.

Speaking of scales...mine has been Up the past few days. Need to nip it in the bud! I feel soo Bloated.
Sleep was up/down last night w/strange dreams in between. Finally, got an hour or 2 in & woke up to Birds chirping like I was living inside an Aviary! Off to Yoga in a bit. Looks like grilled chicken for lunch & fish for dinner.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #352
Deb

Pat tell me about this kale salad you speak of and I need to be eating more fish..how r u cooking it and what kind of fish?

This mentalpause thang sucks..my dreams are all about dogs been having these dreams for weeks now
Old 03-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I slept good last night

Mom decided to go to bed last night. Pain woke her 1:30.

Misty I'm so glad DH is responding. yes how are you??

Deb I agree about mentalpause. Mine has settled some. Is LD in your dog dreams ?

Sooz. He chair??? My word!! Pat never waits me when she goes to Hawaii will you I'm pretty much doing meat and eggs. Occ. Atkins bar or veg.

My oven door is due in today.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #354
Deb

Oh there you are Cheryl....so oven door broken..i guess you have been eating all over town then?

No haven't seen L/D in my dreams yet
Old 03-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Hi guys! I am on the meat and eggs today.. but so far no eggs. I had coffee for breakfast and cubed steak for lunch. Tonight will be grilled chicken thighs. So I probably will wait for eggs until tomorrow... unless I cook up a few deviled eggs. I did get to the gym early despite not sleeping very well. We had news of a mother and her 2 childeren being shot in our area. In fact it was only a few blocks from dd's house. It was a domestic dispute and the police were searching for the man who took off on foot. It happened right before bedtime and I just could not settle down. Anyway they caught the guy wandering around, he had cut his own wrists. Such an awful story, except that despite being shot multiple times the mom and her children are going to survive.

I went to a local butcher today and got quite a bit of meat. My inlaws gave me a nice gift certificate for doing so much for the anniversary dinner. I thought it would be perfect for my meat and egg diet.

Got to run now.. forgot I was picking up ds from school today. Talk to you all later.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

Well made it to the gym and food shopping. Made a nice beef stew for tonight. Haven't cooked in awhile can't wait to eat, but on plan.

Sooz wow that was an awful fall for your DD. Lucky she has you to watch the twins. How's her back today, better I hope. Did you ever make to watch Freeze with the girls? My GD wants us to take her and her friend.

V ss you got the flu, seems like everyone is getting some form of it this year. Glad your feeling better though.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl ss moms still having all that pain. What did the Drs say are they thinking anything that will help with the pain? How did you break your oven door, I must of missed that one.

Miss V that's scary but glad they caught him and they the children and Mom will be ok. Nice having the certificate. The one we won I used on all beef last month, I love that I got it all and didn't have to pay a thing.

Pat birds cherping sounds like spring to me. Getting anothe northeaster along the coast of Ma. but it's going to miss us Just heavy winds and very cold, but sure better than the white stuff. Your so right I need some me time. But still have to wait until I go get Rocco, about a week I think. The full dress ceremony and will retire his number on the wall with the rest of the firemen. That's going to be so hard.

Deb how did he make out at the dentist?? I should of known that it wasn't you that ran out of wine
Old 03-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/199.6/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011, restart 12 Jan 2014
Cheryl I was never far away , just trying to figure my head out. Anyway almost a 1 day in . I do most days then about 8 or so I mess up. I do hope they figure what is going on with you mother. Our mothers aren't far apart in age , mine will be 80 this year, another reason I want to go home. She is in Florida at the moment, my oldest son just arrived there so she will be happy. Misty enjoy your home cooked meal , that's what I missed the most when we had to be away. Hope you don't have to go to Boston anytime soon if they are getting that crazy winter storm like Nova Scotia. Glad you got to the gym we all need some me time. Hope your DH is doing well. V that sounds scary for sure , glad they got him and enjoy your meat Sooz that's awful about the chair I hope her back is ok . Pat and Deb I had a crappy sleep last night too, slept ok till 3:30 but have been up ever since. Deb hope you guy made out ok at the dentist. GB some of us just seem to go back and forth in the same spot but your getting close to your goal so that has to be exciting. My walking , snowshoeing friend is coming back on Thurs till Tues and we are suppose to have great weather (for us) so its about time I got back at it. I cant put my scales in the closet I need them to stare at me and make me feel guilty
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #359
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Deb I should of known that it wasn't you that ran out of wine
smarty pants

ya L/B just had something..dentist thinks it was a chunk of filling..

lodged up inside one of his bridges
he is fine

man we are all going to sleep good tonight
Old 03-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oven door. Is on.

Story- I had gunk between the outside window and inside window on the door. So I took it off and took it all apart. When I was lifting the two pieces apart , the heard a crackle then more crackle and more. The outer window broke. Panic and crying. Know DH will be upset. He is out of town a couple days. Knots in stomach. Comes home. I tell him. No big deal must have been defective. You just never know. So. It is back together. He is out of town again. And I will see what I can break this week.