Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/229.5/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Slimmer by Spring--March Edition

new month
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Copying Diane's post over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie64 View Post
Well, I had a minor setback. I was doing great and then Wednesday I woke up feeling SO sluggish and tired (after a full night's sleep). The scale was up 1 lb at my two week mark, and I felt disappointed, but I was still down over 8 lbs, so I tried to focus on that. I wasn't really craving sugar, but my body was screaming for it (if that makes sense)! I stayed on my diet most of the morning, but I grazed the whole rest of the day, and had Chick-Fil-A for dinner. Oops. I felt like I was walking through mud all day. I think I may have been PMSing or something because I was grumpy and weepy. The sugar actually helped me feel better.. or more "balanced", I don't know, but the next day I felt back to normal and for the most part was on plan. My problem now is I am not stocked up on the right foods! It's rent week, so not a lot of money until next week. I think what I am going to do is stay on it as much as I can over the weekend, then start fresh on Monday. (by as much as I can, I mean eating healthy foods that are ON the diet, eating 3 meals and 2 snacks, but maybe not do the exact phases until Monday. Most people start on Monday because of how the phases go... this would put my low carb days on Wed and Thurs, and my good fat days would be F, S, Sun! I like that.

Obviously I am up a couple lbs.. no big deal, as I am still well below where I started! Today I am going to clean out my fridge, take stock of what I have, make a list of what I need and plan it out even better than before. After two solid weeks on the plan I thought I was golden! Then BOOM! Out of nowhere a sugar bomb blew up in my face!

We are expecting 6-12" of snow between Sun night and Mon! Oh dear Lord let this mean no speech class Monday night!!! I am SO not ready to give a speech. I certainly don't want THAT much snow, but just enough that my school closes!

Charlene: Yay for joining a gym! I love going, but I've been a slacker lately. I did go yesterday and walked the track with HIM again. Still don't know what he is thinking.. still playing it cool.

Beth: I'll trade you your rain for our snow! Yeah, it's going to be a little while longer before I hit Onederland, but I will get there, and soon.

Niki: Wow! Med school!? Good for you! I really want to get a BFA, but I don't know if or when that will happen. I'm already so much in debt for my current degree. Ugh.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Happy new Month. Where did February go?

Finally feeling better. Woke up with a horrible migraine on Thursday which made me nauseous all day. Finally felt better by the evening which was good because dh and I went out to dinner to hear some music by a friend of his. Yesterday I had a migraine hangover. Since I'm feeling better today I'm hoping to get to the gym. I've been focusing on drinking more water this week, trying to focus on doing things that will make me feel better. So I'm wondering if the migraine and GI upset was a delayed detox symptom.

Diane--just a minor bump in the road. Get back on the horse and I'm sure you'll hit onderland soon. Yeah for hitting the gym. I'm really feeling for all of the folks back east, it has been the winter from He$$. I've lived through winters like that, wondering if spring was ever going to get there. We've had rain and it looks like there are showers coming our way all week. We had a normal February rainfall so now we're at 31% of normal rainfall. The snowpack in the Sierra is not so good. And the hills are finally turning green!

Charlene--good for you on joining the gym. How are those calves this morning. Sorry to hear about your dd's team losing. She still has a few more years, I predict that she will be in a championship game before she graduates.

Niki--how you doing? How are the ears?

Have a great day all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: love2live
Stats: 270.5/245/150
WOE: Atkins - induction **ultimate goal 150**
Start Date: 1/01/2014
Good morning ladies, and happy March!

Well, it's good to be back home. We flew into Oakland and drove home yesterday. It was raining and snowing over the pass here in Lake Tahoe. What a beautiful sight to see all those huge snowflakes.

I didn't do too much damage the three weeks I was gone. I kept walking past the scales this morning and finally got the courage to step on them and I am only 5 pounds. I am excited to be back on low-carb.

Today will be pretty much a lazy day, mainly doing laundry and going through all the mail. I still feel sick, and have a horrible sinus infection... And I started grinding my teeth again, go figure!

Beth, how is your head doing? Thank you horrible migraines and have so ever since I was two or three years old. I finally found some medication, however, but it has horrible side effects on my heart. I take Treximet which my insurance will not pay for so they are about $30 a pill. I guard them with my life. I hope you feel better.

Thank you Beth for starting the march thread.

Charlene, good job on joining the gym. And, congratulations on your daughter and her success in playing sports even through the losses. Does she have aspirations for college sports?

Diane you can do it...getting your degree even if it takes a long time. I spent my 20s and 30s raising four children and a husband and now at 50 look where I'm at? Still in the thick of it. I'm the same age as my professors. I spent a lot of time applying for scholarships and grants and went to community colleges to get credits where I could. Keep working at it, you will get there!

I'll check in later to see what's what, have a great day!
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Did pretty well today.. ate healthy but did have a little 1% milk. The scale is .2 lbs LESS than it was this morning! Yes, I sometimes weigh at night because it gives me a clue what it might be in the morning... I know, it's cray cray!

I did step class this morning!!! Finally! And my foot felt fine! I didn't do any jumping and was careful, but I did the whole step part of the class and didn't even get tired.. it was the harder of the step classes too!

And now.. I have some EXCELLENT news! My painting professor emailed me today to tell me that my solo gallery show is HAPPENING! I got it!!!!
.... yeah.. it's like that. hahah.. it won't be until November 2015 because it's a Dia de los Muertos show, so it has to be in November and they are already booked for this year. I'm glad I have that much time to work on it.. it will be much much better with all that time to plan! I have so many cool ideas. I've been in kind of a painting slump for weeks and haven't even worked on anything, but this has lit a fire under me bum! :kick:

Beth: Green? I forget what that looks like! Today was actually beautiful.. sunny, warm.. soon that will all change. ugh. This better be the last of it! Thanks for copying my post over, I didn't realize it was March 1st! Sorry about your migraine.. it could be a delayed detox headache. I got them for several days when I started this diet, not just day 2 like usual!

Niki: Those are some EXPENSIVE migraines! Holy cow! I take Midrin when I have bad ones, or if I get one at night since I can't take that in the daytime if I am going anywhere. I'm definitely not ruling out a BFA yet.. yeah, it freaks me out to think of how much I do and will owe in student loans, but I shouldn't let that stop me. So I'll be paying it back for the rest of my life, lol.. The two classes I have left with my current degree I will have to take first.. one this summer, and one in the fall (since that is the only time it is offered). THEN I will be done! Maybe I'll start on the BFA next spring!

Charlene: Hi!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Ohhhh yeahhhh! Back down to 202.2 this morning, so I'm only up .4 from last Mon and Tues before my sugar bomb! I wasn't even perfect yesterday! Waiting on the impending doom of a snow storm.. so far just a little rain. It IS coming though. I expect to be snowed in for a few days. I was planning on going to do step class again this morning, but I don't know if they are having class. Not sure if I should stress my foot two days in a row just yet either. Hmmm.
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Good morning ladies! Careful...there's a boy in the house
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome GoBahnsen! We welcome dudes! We don't do too much "girly" talk in here, so no worries! We are a small group (which I like so you don't get lost in the crowd) and have been on here for over 10 years! We always welcome , so please join in! Tell us about yourself!
Old 03-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies and dude!

Guess what I did yesterday? Come on, Guess! If you guessed went to the gym, you'd be RIGHT! Yes I did. Yeah me! 20 minutes on the bike and then lots of stretching. Compared to what I was doing a six months ago, this is nothing, but at least I was there and trying. I'm sore today, but that's OK. Its a good feeling. Its amazing how much better I sleep when I work out. I am investigating getting a fitbit or polar loop. I have some reward points from one of my credit cards that I'm going to close so I want to use those point. When I was doing all that traveling I was accruing a lot of reward points. I also need to replace my heart rate monitor. With my weird heart rate thing, I want to watch it a bit more closely. And new gym shoes. I'm gettin' ready!

Diane--Awesome about your show! Amazing. Keep on keeping on with your eating plan. You folks back east are getting bombed with snow this year. Spring will get here, eventually. Looks like we are now in a normal winter pattern. We had about 3" of rain over the last 5 days and are desperate for rain. It will still be a drought year, but we'll take the water.

Niki--them are some expensive headache pills! Yikes. But I know how much they mean when you need them. I've tried all sorts of headache medication but the one that works best for me is an old one, fiornal, without codeine. My doc limits me to five a month, which I rarely need. But that headache on Thursday was a doozy. I know its a bad one if I need more than one dose of meds. Welcome back!

Charlene--how the heck are you. Back to the gym yet?

Rachel--where are you?

Welcome GoBahnsen!

Have a great day all. We're taking our oldest nephew out for dinner tonight. Looking forward to seeing him.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Welcome GoBahnsen! We welcome dudes! We don't do too much "girly" talk in here, so no worries! We are a small group (which I like so you don't get lost in the crowd) and have been on here for over 10 years! We always welcome , so please join in! Tell us about yourself!
I might just stop in, thank you for the invite. I like the ladies. There were a few boys out in the main lobby, but ever since my thread about backsliding got moved in here (which is where it belongs), I have had to get used to ladies only.

Me? I'm 58. Married since 1986. I have gone from 180 to as much as 240 (6'2") several times over in the past quarter century. I really, really need this to be the last time I get trim and fit.

Almost there, just maybe 8 to 10 pounds of that final stubborn flab left.

Was losing 4 pounds a week for a while. Can't seem to lose 4 a month now.

So that's what's goin on ladies.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:41 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Weight was the same as yesterday. I'm ok with that because I ate kind of late. I wanted to go do step class today, but I would have to scrape the heck out of my car to get the ice off. We didn't get NEARLY what they predicted as far as snow. All the schools seem to be closed... all but MINE that is! They are opening on a delay.. maybe there is still hope. My class is at 6pm. I still have to write my speech for tonight! I worked on my gallery proposal most of yesterday (even though I already got the show, I still needed to write a proposal with my plans/ideas, etc..) See where my priorities are? I know it will be good for me to do the speech, but not being prepared? oh geez. When I do have my gallery show, I might have to do a "meet the artist" thing and talk in front of people for that... so, this will be good experience.

I will be so glad when this semester is over so I can concentrate on my art.. REALLY concentrate on it.

Beth: Yay! Yes, I guessed you went to the gym! Good for you! I too am nowhere near where I was months ago.. but we will get there! .... What is a polar loop?..... Hey, I was thinking.. remember the project I was going to do for you for Christmas last year? With everything that was going on (and you know what that is) I just couldn't focus.. but if you still want it done for this year, let me know! When things free up in the summer I should have a lot more free time. I REALLY want to get back into my oil pastels!

GoBahnsen: Well there ya go! That last 10 lbs or so is the hardest to get off from what I hear! I too need this to be the LAST time I lose the weight and get fit. I am 49, happily divorced after 20+ years, mom of 4, student, artist... I lost about 70 lbs over 5 years ago and pretty much kept it off other than going up and down with 10 lbs of it. Then last year for various reasons I gained half of it back. I had to find something new that would work for me, so I am doing the fast metabolism diet now, and so far down 8 lbs in a few weeks.

Hi to Charlene and Niki.. and Rachel? Where are youuuuu?
Old 03-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GoBahnsen: Well there ya go! That last 10 lbs or so is the hardest to get off from what I hear! I too need this to be the LAST time I lose the weight and get fit. I am 49, happily divorced after 20+ years, mom of 4, student, artist... I lost about 70 lbs over 5 years ago and pretty much kept it off other than going up and down with 10 lbs of it. Then last year for various reasons I gained half of it back. I had to find something new that would work for me, so I am doing the fast metabolism diet now, and so far down 8 lbs in a few weeks.

Hi to Charlene and Niki.. and Rachel? Where are youuuuu?
good morning Annie Can you give me the jist of what the FM diet is about? I want to do some tweaking this March, try to make a big dent into the 180's.

thnx
Old 03-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

GoBahnsen: Oh, my name is actually Diane, but EVERYONE that comes in here first calls me Annie because of "Annie64"... Annie is a nickname my Dad used to call me

Ok, so the FM diet is basically a great way to FIX your metabolism and lose weight.. especially stubborn weight. It is very very healthy but does take some planning and work. Basically, (and this sounds worse than it is).. no dairy, no wheat, no sugar (obviously), no caffeine (which I don't always go by).. you eat organic whenever you can. One thing I like about it is that every few days, it changes! There are three phases per week. In phase one you eat a lot of fruit (like oranges, pineapple, cherries, etc..), you CAN have bread like spelt or sprouted grain which I actually really like (especially spelt); you also eat lean meats and certain veggies, NO CORN! EVER! So that is day 1 and 2. The hardest days are phase 2 (days 3 and 4).. these are the very low carb, low fat days. Lean meats and low carb veggies, and egg whites. Then the fun days begin. Phase 3 (the last 3 days of the week) you can have some lower carb fruits again, and healthy fats! (like avocado and raw nuts and whole eggs)... I eat a lot of chili since I can have it all days but in phase 2. I make a good chunky chili and on the healthy fats days I add avocado to it.

You can Google the fast metabolism diet (it's by Haylie Pomroy) and get more details and the food lists for each phase. You are not supposed to be hungry or you aren't eating enough. You are supposed to eat 5 times a day (3 meals and two snacks). Like I said, it takes some work and planning.. I have to pack up all my food for the day and take it to work and plan ahead because there are certain things you can have on some days on not others, but I love it, and for the most part will continue eating this way somewhat when I lose the weight, but occasionally have cheese on my burger or a frappucino at Starbucks

Last edited by Annie64; 03-03-2014 at 09:55 AM..
Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

GoBahnsen: I also wanted to add..

... I had read somewhere in the book I think, that years of low-carb dieting can make you become carb resistant! I can't find it now, but it stuck a chord in me.. is that why if I smell carbs I gain weight? This diet is supposed to fix your metabolism so you don't SO easily gain weight by eating some carbs or from an occasional splurge.

.. If you try this diet, and if you have a phone that you can get the app on, (I have an iPhone), it is EXTREMELY helpful.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GoBahnsen: I also wanted to add..

... I had read somewhere in the book I think, that years of low-carb dieting can make you become carb resistant! I can't find it now, but it stuck a chord in me.. is that why if I smell carbs I gain weight? This diet is supposed to fix your metabolism so you don't SO easily gain weight by eating some carbs or from an occasional splurge.

.. If you try this diet, and if you have a phone that you can get the app on, (I have an iPhone), it is EXTREMELY helpful.
Thnx for both posts. i'm touched by all the time you took to help me out thank you Diane

You can call me GB for short. or GoBa if you're in a funny mood.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GoBahnsen: Oh, my name is actually Diane, but EVERYONE that comes in here first calls me Annie because of "Annie64"... Annie is a nickname my Dad used to call me

Ok, so the FM diet is basically a great way to FIX your metabolism and lose weight.. especially stubborn weight. It is very very healthy but does take some planning and work. Basically, (and this sounds worse than it is).. no dairy, no wheat, no sugar (obviously), no caffeine (which I don't always go by).. you eat organic whenever you can. One thing I like about it is that every few days, it changes! There are three phases per week. In phase one you eat a lot of fruit (like oranges, pineapple, cherries, etc..), you CAN have bread like spelt or sprouted grain which I actually really like (especially spelt); you also eat lean meats and certain veggies, NO CORN! EVER! So that is day 1 and 2. The hardest days are phase 2 (days 3 and 4).. these are the very low carb, low fat days. Lean meats and low carb veggies, and egg whites. Then the fun days begin. Phase 3 (the last 3 days of the week) you can have some lower carb fruits again, and healthy fats! (like avocado and raw nuts and whole eggs)... I eat a lot of chili since I can have it all days but in phase 2. I make a good chunky chili and on the healthy fats days I add avocado to it.

You can Google the fast metabolism diet (it's by Haylie Pomroy) and get more details and the food lists for each phase. You are not supposed to be hungry or you aren't eating enough. You are supposed to eat 5 times a day (3 meals and two snacks). Like I said, it takes some work and planning.. I have to pack up all my food for the day and take it to work and plan ahead because there are certain things you can have on some days on not others, but I love it, and for the most part will continue eating this way somewhat when I lose the weight, but occasionally have cheese on my burger or a frappucino at Starbucks
Interesting. No caffeine?

It makes you wonder what kind of tests have been done to actually conclude that it fixes a metabolism? Seems like it would be a hard study to conduct. Unlike studies with supplements and placebos, etc, double blind tests, etc.

But it seems healthy enough. I have been low carbing for a few months, but look forward to adding in the fruit once I get rid of the unwanted fat.

Because the Atkins thing really took the fat out of me pretty fast. Now I'm just trying to pry off these remaining pounds of belly flab.

A lot of people might say to me "what flab dude?" But it's there, right on the stomach. I do about 4000 crunches a week and other core work. Have for years, but it's still hidden under the last layer of fat.

Starting to emerge though, if the shadows come across my stomach right My apologies if I sound like some vain weirdo. I'm not. I just want a great stomach for the first time in my life. Tired of settling for "ok".

It keeps me going, dreaming about one, so why not? Whatever keeps us moving in the right direction, huh?
Old 03-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey GB,

Well, all I know is that in addition to the lbs I've lost, I also have a LOT less belly! All that bloat went away pretty quickly.. it was amazing. Will this fix my metabolism? I don't know... I hope so, but if you read the book it would make more sense. For me, I guess the proof will be in my own experience with what and how I will be able to eat after I lose the rest of the weight. For now I'm just MORE than thrilled that something is finally working.. when what I had been doing for so long (South Beach) just wasn't working like it used to (even Atkins didn't give me the results I wanted).

As for the caffeine, the first two weeks the only caffeine I had was in Excedrine Migraine a few times, but today I actually had a cup of coffee and it was glorious! I'm not worried about an occasional cup, I just don't want to get back into having it every morning (and sometimes afternoon). I've actually been drinking a lot more tea.

I don't think it's vain to want good abs! I know what you mean.. even when I was really thin I never felt like I had good abs! I know that after 4 kids, it is not possible no matter how many crunches or lbs I lose. The only thing that can fix it is surgery!

Last edited by Annie64; 03-03-2014 at 06:19 PM..
Old 03-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey GB,

Well, all I know is that in addition to the lbs I've lost, I also have a LOT less belly! All that bloat went away pretty quickly.. it was amazing. Will this fix my metabolism? I don't know... I hope so, but if you read the book it would make more sense. For me, I guess the proof will be in my own experience with what and how I will be able to eat after I lose the rest of the weight. For now I'm just MORE than thrilled that something is finally working.. when what I had been doing for so long (South Beach) just wasn't working like it used to (even Atkins didn't give me the results I wanted).

As for the caffeine, the first two weeks the only caffeine I had was in Excedrine Migraine a few times, but today I actually had a cup of coffee and it was glorious! I'm not worried about an occasional cup, I just don't want to get back into having it every morning (and sometimes afternoon). I've actually been drinking a lot more tea.

I don't think it's vain to want good abs! I know what you mean.. even when I was really thin I never felt like I had good abs! I know that after 4 kids, it is not possible no matter how many crunches or lbs I lose. The only thing that can fix it is surgery!
Ok, thnx Diane. So what do you consider the big dif between your South Beach that wasn't getting the results and this FMD?
Old 03-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Ummmm GoBahnsen...why did you give that a "good post"?

" Because she affirmed my desire to have a great stomach? Because she took the time to write? Because she expresses herself in an honest way? I don't know, I liked it...so for me it was a good post."
Old 03-04-2014, 03:34 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb

Welcome GB! Abs is one thing my dd15 and I are working toward for the summer...and me to finally hit my goal. I'm tired of yo-yo'ing. One thing I've read over and over about abs is that they're made in the kitchen.

I did a virtual spin class at the gym yesterday and it whooped my tail! Holy smoke that was hard! I love this 24/7 virtual touch screen that lets you pick from hundred of workouts - cardio, kickboxing, cycling, strength, etc. A large screen rolls down and you do whatever class you want.

We had an ice day yesterday and missed school. It was a great, relaxing, unexpected day off. Looks like we're getting some more freezing rain, but possibly after we arrive at school so we will go, I'm sure. It'll be long gone my the time school's out.

DD15 had her first track meet, at a 5A school and made the finals in the hurdles and placed 5th. Was proud. She had decided not to run this year because she fell hard last year on a hurdle and I think she was scared but coach made a deal with her so she is running. I saw some confidence come back Saturday.

Diane - I may look up the plan you're on. I need a change.

Beth -look at you go - getting into the gym routine again. New shoes and all!!!

Niki - How are you doing since being back home? My dd15 is pretty good at basketball. Would love for her to continue into college. Not sure she has the heart for it like we'd like her to. My ds26 played college baseball and we loved attending the games. She did gain a lot of confidence this past year though, playing in the regional tournament, and she got fired up. Maybe. Fingers crossed.

RACHEL!!!! Come out come out wherever you are!

Have a great day everyone! Spring break is NEXT WEEK for us! I have so much yard work and spring cleaning to do.

Last edited by sports_mom; 03-04-2014 at 03:38 AM..
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:41 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_mom View Post

Welcome GB! Abs is one thing my dd15 and I are working toward for the summer...and me to finally hit my goal. I'm tired of yo-yo'ing. One thing I've read over and over about abs is that they're made in the kitchen.

I did a virtual spin class at the gym yesterday and it whooped my tail! Holy smoke that was hard! I love this 24/7 virtual touch screen that lets you pick from hundred of workouts - cardio, kickboxing, cycling, strength, etc. A large screen rolls down and you do whatever class you want.

We had an ice day yesterday and missed school. It was a great, relaxing, unexpected day off. Looks like we're getting some more freezing rain, but possibly after we arrive at school so we will go, I'm sure. It'll be long gone my the time school's out.

DD15 had her first track meet, at a 5A school and made the finals in the hurdles and placed 5th. Was proud. She had decided not to run this year because she fell hard last year on a hurdle and I think she was scared but coach made a deal with her so she is running. I saw some confidence come back Saturday.

Hi sportsmom Yep, abs are made in the kitchen. Here's another one "we dig our own graves with our forks." Ouch GoBahnsen...what a way to start a morning!

Sorry...but it's true. And we are the ones trying to not let that be true of us. Right?! We are getting healthier everyday. We look in the mirror and see a smart person looking back.

And we go into the kitchen and do things that gives us energy, burn off unwanted fat, improve our mood, build muscle and improve our skin, hair and nails. There's your pep-talk sportsmom and the other ladies.

I know the proud feel of watching a daughter run. My youngest was a really good distance runner. When I would see her with that big blond ponytail, leading a pack of girls from the other school around the track...I finally realized how a parent's heart swells with pride for them.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:50 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Ummmm GoBahnsen...why did you give that a "good post"?

" Because she affirmed my desire to have a great stomach? Because she took the time to write? Because she expresses herself in an honest way? I don't know, I liked it...so for me it was a good post."

Why thank you!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone!

SO looking forward to getting to the gym again on Friday to do step class. I have REALLY been feeling like doing Pilates again.. soon.. soon. Boy do I miss how it felt to be stronger and able to do all that. I know when I go back to it, it's going to be HARD at first. I hate starting over.

Well, there wasn't time so I have another week before I have to do my speech. I am almost looking forward to it.. ALMOST. I want to get it over, and I am curious how I will do.. how nervous I will be.

My painting professor already mentioned the possibility of me doing a "meet the artist" kind of presentation or speech. Yikes! I am getting a lot of cool ideas for the reception though.. like having a table set up for guests to create/color their own sugar skull pics and taping them up on the window (they did something similar in the art therapy show, and the committee really likes when you have community involvement like that).. also at the reception, maybe having a girl dressed up like a catrina (lady skeleton) with the colorful face make-up, passing out goodies from a basket.. some spanish classical guitar music playing softly.. a table full of yum, like mexican hot chocolate, pan de muerto (bread of the dead), tortilla chips and salsa.. maybe even some tamales.. oh, and sugar skull sugar cookies! I know I have a lot of time to plan this all out, but at the same time, with all I have to do, and it being all ME, I really don't feel like I have time to waste! I am planning out a big Walking Dead painting.. my fav. show, so why not?!

Charlene: Hey, give it a couple weeks and see what you think! Bet you'll do the whole 28 days! I think you will like it! (especially since you said you love fruit!) I just wish I could find fresh cherries.. I guess they are out of season I became addicted to them! I made a big pot of chili last night which will give me 8 servings.. should last a while. I was surprised that some cans of beans actually had sugar in them! I grabbed the organic ones that didn't have it.. they actually cost less too.

GB: South Beach actually worked very well for me for years.. and before that I did Atkins, but as I said, I am 49 and I think my metabolism has really slowed down (add in the fact that I am unable to get to the gym as often as I used to (which was 5-7 days a week) and it slowed down even more! .... I like what you said in your post All too often in the past (and sometimes still) going to the fridge for something to "improve my mood" usually involved pizza

Beth: Have you been back to the gym?

Niki: Hope you are over being sick! How's it going?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning everyone!

GB: South Beach actually worked very well for me for years.. and before that I did Atkins, but as I said, I am 49 and I think my metabolism has really slowed down (add in the fact that I am unable to get to the gym as often as I used to (which was 5-7 days a week) and it slowed down even more! .... I like what you said in your post All too often in the past (and sometimes still) going to the fridge for something to "improve my mood" usually involved pizza
Good morning Diane Congrats on the artist event coming up and your cool ideas.

Are you taking any supplements to keep your metabolism up? I tried 7-Keto, but it got me too wired. I may try it again later, see if it hits me different. but researching it was interesting.

I take CLA and L-Carnitine to help the body use stored fat for energy. I also take decaf green tea extract. Great anti-oxidants, and the catechins in the tea are supposed to rev up the metabolism and help burn fat. Also read the poly-unsaturated safflower (as opposed to mono-saturated-which is still good)oil is supposed to be helpful in targeting belly fat.

If nothing else, I like the placebo effect. I feel like I have everything I can working for me to target that final few pounds of flab.

I have these painter's shorts (32 waist---and a small 32). Still haven't worn them to work or washed them. So they are my "tape measure". When I bought them 2 weeks ago I could button them fine, but YIKES, all this flab was spilling over the edges.

But now, even though I haven't lost much since then (scale-wise) they fit looser and the flab is almost gone. It's my small pair of Billabong swim trunks that still reveal the final flab But it's fun to break em out once a week and see the flab going away, even if the scale doesn't want to cooperate.

How's your workout routine coming along?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: love2live
Stats: 270.5/245/150
WOE: Atkins - induction **ultimate goal 150**
Start Date: 1/01/2014
Good morning everyone,

I am on day four of low-carb. The last two days I've had a horrible, horrible headache. Hopefully, today I am past the point of feeling like I am hungry and starving all the time and starting to get into ketosis. I weighed in this morning at 250.7. That is the lowest that I've been, go figure with being on three weeks of vacation and some Mega cheats.

Also, I am at the tail end of this awful upper respiratory tract infection. I still have somewhat of a cough and stuffy sinuses, but at least I don't sound like I have a smoker's cough anymore.

My DS is coming over for dinner tonight and we are going to have fondue. Oh yummy! I will make a cheese fondue, oil, and hot pot. I love this dinner because I feel like there is so much food on the table, but because of how it is cooked I really don't eat all that much.

Today is a busy, not so busy day. Mainly just running errands and catching up on bills. I need to go back to the sheriffs office and get another background check for my new school and six more passport photos. Also, everything needs to be notarized...ugg; birth certificate, marriage license, and notarized copies of passport.

I just found out that my other DS is going to have another baby in October. I cannot believe that I am a grandma. They have a three-year-old that is so adorable, and yet she is so rotten. Just the other day she told my DS and DIL that it was their turn to go into timeout. Oh my! They live in the bay area so I will most likely see them before I head back to school.

I haven't caught up on the past couple of days post so I think I'll start now. I hope everyone has a great day!
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:02 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Yep, abs are made in the kitchen. Here's another one "we dig our own graves with our forks." Ouch GoBahnsen...what a way to start a morning!

Sorry...but it's true. And we are the ones trying to not let that be true of us. Right?! We are getting healthier everyday. We look in the mirror and see a smart person looking back.

And we go into the kitchen and do things that gives us energy, burn off unwanted fat, improve our mood, build muscle and improve our skin, hair and nails. There's your pep-talk sportsmom and the other ladies.

I know the proud feel of watching a daughter run. My youngest was a really good distance runner. When I would see her with that big blond ponytail, leading a pack of girls from the other school around the track...I finally realized how a parent's heart swells with pride for them.
Ok, I'm so using that fork quote!!! Haven't heard that one.
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_mom View Post
Ok, I'm so using that fork quote!!! Haven't heard that one.
Good morning sportsmom Time to rise and shine and burn lots of calories!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

The past few days were a little tough (I snuck a few pieces of chocolate, but refused an Oreo cupcake!) I wasn't 100% on plan, but did pretty good. Today I AM 100%, and it's the low-carb, low-fat days today and tomorrow. Strangely, I find it fairly easy today because I have so little appetite. I didn't want to get too bored with food though, so I threw together some beef and broccoli with tamari sauce and some balsamic vinegar. I now will have my healthy fat days switced to F,S, and Sun.. I think that will be easier for me. I might just get me some Chipotle this weekend! (steak, lettuce, black beans, tomato salsa, and guacamole (and maybe the grilled veggies).. all allowed on healthy fats day! Only the oil they use is technically not allowed, but I think I'll live) :-D I will miss the cheese, sour cream, and the corn salsa, but I know it will still be heavenly!

Niki: How many kids do you have? I can't believe I'm a g-ma either! Only by one, a beautiful 4 year old named Meadow. She is an aspiring artist and loves painting with me whenever she can (I set her up at my easel with a small canvas and everything)..... glad you are finally on the mend!

GB: No, I haven't been taking any supplements other than multi-vitamins, but even those I haven't been taking lately because I accidentally got some with caffeine in them!

Charlene and Beth: Hi! Baby is crying.. gotta go! I'll check back later....
Old 03-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The past few days were a little tough (I snuck a few pieces of chocolate, but refused an Oreo cupcake!) I wasn't 100% on plan, but did pretty good. Today I AM 100%, and it's the low-carb, low-fat days today and tomorrow. Strangely, I find it fairly easy today because I have so little appetite. I didn't want to get too bored with food though, so I threw together some beef and broccoli with tamari sauce and some balsamic vinegar. I now will have my healthy fat days switced to F,S, and Sun.. I think that will be easier for me. I might just get me some Chipotle this weekend! (steak, lettuce, black beans, tomato salsa, and guacamole (and maybe the grilled veggies).. all allowed on healthy fats day! Only the oil they use is technically not allowed, but I think I'll live) :-D I will miss the cheese, sour cream, and the corn salsa, but I know it will still be heavenly!

Niki: How many kids do you have? I can't believe I'm a g-ma either! Only by one, a beautiful 4 year old named Meadow. She is an aspiring artist and loves painting with me whenever she can (I set her up at my easel with a small canvas and everything)..... glad you are finally on the mend!

GB: No, I haven't been taking any supplements other than multi-vitamins, but even those I haven't been taking lately because I accidentally got some with caffeine in them!

Charlene and Beth: Hi! Baby is crying.. gotta go! I'll check back later....
Good job on the oreo cupcake Diane Is there a reason why you choose not to use supplements that promote natural fat burning? I'm not talking stimulants. Is it cost? Or is it that you don't think they really help that much?

I know we can all still live and get results by being deficient in certain nutrients. And there is the risk of toxicity with some supplements. One thing we can always do is get our blood checked for deficiencies.

Might be lacking B12...no wonder we lack energy, etc.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I have found the key to surviving the low-carb, low-fat days... the only fruit allowed is lemon or lime juice, so I made a quick lemon slushie! I just put in my blender: the juice of 1 lemon, ice, some water, and 2 TBS of xylitol. SO GOOD!

Painting class was cancelled tonight.

GB: Well, I have taken a few things here and there, but currently no. Just don't feel like it Sometimes cost is a factor.. and right now, with the cost of all the healthy food of FMD.. no way! If I stop losing again, I might consider it though.