Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Evening Slimmers!

I am back!! Scale is up a good 15 lbs from last summer. It is time to get cracking again. My goal is to be down 15 lbs by the time we leave May 29th to take DD19 to North Carolina.
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Hey everyone!!!

Full weekend of track and AAU basketball in the Dallas area. DD15 did pretty well for her first tournament with this group. I got a hold of something that has had my stomach torn up for two days. But, because of that, I have been cooking and eating healthier. I made homemade avocado cilantro salad dressing last night for my salads and am eating left over spaghetti squash for lunch.

RACHEL!!! YAY!!!! (that you're back!) BOOOOO!!! (for the 15 pounds) LOL!!! I've seen you whittle away at the pounds before so no doubt you'll be right where you want to be. Any runs in the near future?

Diane - keep trucking. You'll work out the kinks. I can't wait to see Sonny and Cher!!! I hear you about the cost of eating healthy. Isn't that sad? Groceries in general are outrageous! I have passed up many items I used to get "just because" - even if they were a little pricey. But not anymore. Unless it's on sale at a good price, I won't buy many things I did before.

Niki - yep, I'm an early riser. I set my alarm for 3:45 a.m. I try to work out, surf the web, read the news, make 4 lunches every day and then usually do laundry, etc. Sometimes I'm so overwhelmed with housework, I spend all that time cleaning and such. But I love the quiet! We go so much in the evenings with our kids, mornings are the only times I can get anything accomplished.

Beth - where you be?

GB - good to see you stick your head in here. I'll check out your other thread....

Have a good one everyone!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #63

Evening Slimmers!

I weighed in this morning at 144.4 I hated seeing that # so much. I have been on plan all day. I am having a hard time drinking my water today. I have only drank 32 oz all day so I need to get another 32 oz in before bed. After supper I will do some strength training.

I have been sick for 3 weeks tomorrow. I thought I was getting better late last week but on Saturday it hit me hard again. Back to running a fever, head congestion, sinus pressure.

charlene: I am glad to be back!!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/229.5/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Hi all!

Sorry I've been MIA, been working a lot. Had a deadline last week, which stretched into this week. I'm trying to get my mojo back.

Just wanted to check in, will bbl.
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_mom View Post
Hey everyone!!!

Full weekend of track and AAU basketball in the Dallas area. DD15 did pretty well for her first tournament with this group. I got a hold of something that has had my stomach torn up for two days. But, because of that, I have been cooking and eating healthier. I made homemade avocado cilantro salad dressing last night for my salads and am eating left over spaghetti squash for lunch.

RACHEL!!! YAY!!!! (that you're back!) BOOOOO!!! (for the 15 pounds) LOL!!! I've seen you whittle away at the pounds before so no doubt you'll be right where you want to be. Any runs in the near future?

Diane - keep trucking. You'll work out the kinks. I can't wait to see Sonny and Cher!!! I hear you about the cost of eating healthy. Isn't that sad? Groceries in general are outrageous! I have passed up many items I used to get "just because" - even if they were a little pricey. But not anymore. Unless it's on sale at a good price, I won't buy many things I did before.

Niki - yep, I'm an early riser. I set my alarm for 3:45 a.m. I try to work out, surf the web, read the news, make 4 lunches every day and then usually do laundry, etc. Sometimes I'm so overwhelmed with housework, I spend all that time cleaning and such. But I love the quiet! We go so much in the evenings with our kids, mornings are the only times I can get anything accomplished.

Beth - where you be?

GB - good to see you stick your head in here. I'll check out your other thread....

Have a good one everyone!!!
Hi Sportsmom and Beth and Diane! Good to see your posts
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:57 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Just checking in. Ate low carb for breakfast. Didn't exercise because dh snored so loud last night I got no rest.

HIYA Beth! Check in when you can.

Have a great day!!!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:39 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_mom View Post
Good morning. Just checking in. Ate low carb for breakfast. Didn't exercise because dh snored so loud last night I got no rest.

HIYA Beth! Check in when you can.

Have a great day!!!
Good morning SM! thankfully I rarely snore and when I did it was from being over-weight and eating bad stuff. On rare occasion my wife will start to snore.

I will start to turn over in bed enough to get the thing movin pretty good. It cracks me up when she suddenly blurts out "hun...I think we just had an earthquake!" Then she goes back to sleep quietly

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 03-26-2014 at 06:41 AM..
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #68

Evening Slimmers!

Yesterday and today the scale was at 142.6 so 1.8 lbs gone so far. I have the detox headache today. Hoping that the headache is gone tomorrow. Otherwise, I am feeling pretty good.

charlene: How are your girls doing?

beth: Hi there!

love: Congrats on your weight loss!

go: Hi!

diane: How are your classes going this semester?
Old 03-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Holy smoke there are some nice looking, fit, age 60+ men working out at the gym at 4:00 a.m.!!! I was like trying to really show my athleticism so as not to be intimidated LOL!!!!

Got some new protein powder and quest bars last night. Those are staples around here when I'm 100% and had been out. Got my workout in, a nice post workout shake, lots of water so far today and a good chicken salad for lunch. I have to work a track meet tonight, so my plan is to take some prepared foods up there so I don't eat concession stand food.

GB - I fear my dh's snoring is most definitely from being overweight. I can't quite convince him to do better. Your earthquake comment made me

Rachel - the girls are great. DD13 is done with all athletics for her 8th grade year. Hard to believe she'll be in HS next year. DD15 is currently running hurdles in track and playing select basketball. They keep us busy.

Diane - You reeling that thing back in? How's school?

Beth - We have missed you!

Have a great day!!!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #70

Evening Slimmers!

Scale was at 140.2 lbs for a total of 4.2 lbs in 3 days!! I was jumping for joy this morning! I know I won't continue to lose weight this fast though. I haven't even started any cardio yet. I want to focus on my eating this week and add in cardio this weekend. I have been doing a little strength training this week.

Charlene: Time flies! My youngest DD got her drivers license on Tuesday.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:58 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Only checking in real quick.. I am SICK. Came out of nowhere! I don't know if it's food poisoning or just a bad BAD stomach bug, but I can't think of anything I would have eaten that was bad.. I just don't know. I think the worst is over (I hope).. right now I mostly just feel achy, queasy and kind of cold. Why couldn't this have hit me TOMORROW night? I can't afford to not work tomorrow!

I do look at being sick as a blessing in disguise - it will get me back on track! I actually just bought food to get back on my diet last night and was going to start today, but I don't think making and/or eating chili is a good idea.

I'll try to check in later.. going to try to get back to sleep.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Well, feeling better, but not great.. looks like another day in bed watching junk tv! I think I had a "fever dream" about tiny ninja's.. there were dozens of them running by and I told them I could see them, that they weren't that sneaky.. weird! I am hoping I can manage to get up and take a shower. I feel like I have been through the wringer!

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I will feel good enough to make the chili and burgers I need for my diet.. it's great because the chili makes about 8 servings and I just pull one out of the freezer on the days I can eat it. Still can't find any fresh cherries anywhere.. I want some SO BAD!

For those that asked about school... hmmm. Not so great. I have been so so stressed and have had a hard time concentrating on anything.. even my painting! Glad I have the gallery show to think about at least, but even though I have been called a perfectionist by my painting professor, now that I am working on a solo show I am REALLY worried about every detail and over thinking even more than before! I hope I feel better later today so I can paint.

Rachel: Happy to see you back! You're doing great! Show that scale who's boss!

Charlene: Wellllll... did I reel it back in? Noooo.. in fact I think something grabbed the fish hook and took off with it! I was so mad at myself. I was right on the edge of Onederland and then BOOM! Self-sabotage? Gave in to stress again... went up to about 208 by Thursday, but today after being so sick I was down to 203 lol.. like I said, a blessing in disguise!

GB: OMGosh.. my ex used to snore BAD. I would nudge him to get him to stop and for a GLORIOUS few seconds there was peace and quiet.. but only for a few seconds.

Beth: Hi! Hope you are able to check in soon!
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

It has been a very busy few weeks and I'm really feeling it. Must get to gym today or tomorrow. Its raining today and I just feel like vegging even though I must get out to the grocery store. I have another week or two of intense work and then it should get back to a normal schedule. At least I get paid for the weeks like this. I gotta say, and its hard to say out loud. I've really been feeling old. Until a few years ago I never saw it that way but now I seem to. Don't know what that's about.

Diane--so sorry to hear that you've been sick. What's going on that is stressing you out so much (pm me). I've been struggling to get on and stay on track too.

Charlene--at the gym at 4:00 am? Are you crazy? DH used to snore something awful. Last year our doctor had him tested for sleep apnea and he was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. He now has a cpap and we are both sleeping so much better. Sleep apnea can be deadly. DH's test showed he was having awakenings of over 50 times/night, which impacted his heart (that startle response to not being able to sleep, even if he isn't aware of it). It is so quiet now, so I'm sleeping. DH isn't getting up at night so I'm not awakened. I would strongly suggest that your dh get tested. In some areas they send you to a sleep clinic. Our health plan has this great device that they send you home with to sleep with and it collects the data. DH rarely is taking naps anymore and wakes up feeling refreshed because he is getting better sleep. He is very compliant with it.

Niki--when do you head back to school? Congrats on the 25 pounds. Awesome!

GB--how are things? If you're living in SoCal, you wife really would have been waking up from earthquakes last night. There was a lot of activity down in Orange County.

Rachel--so good to see you back. Good job. I saw on FB that your DD was in an accident. Hope she is doing OK. What happened?

Have a great day all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah! I went to the gym. Why is it always so difficult to get there and then I always feel so much better afterwards? Sheesh.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:11 PM   #75

Good afternoon Slimmers!

Scale is up today to 141.8 lbs! i am not happy about that at all. I didnt get much water in yesterday nor did I exercise at all this weekend.

DD19 was in a car accident Friday afternoon. She lives 2 hours away at school and the accident happened 30 minutes further away. She called me sobbing and all I could understand was "i was car accident". Needless to say it just about did me in. Within an hour DH and I were on our way to her. We brought her home for the weekend to keep close eye on her. She was shook up but seems ok.

I will try to post personals after I get back from a church meeting. I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

See the new thread Slimmer by Summer--April Edition