Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie64 View Post
I think I have found the key to surviving the low-carb, low-fat days... the only fruit allowed is lemon or lime juice, so I made a quick lemon slushie! I just put in my blender: the juice of 1 lemon, ice, some water, and 2 TBS of xylitol. SO GOOD!

Painting class was cancelled tonight.

GB: Well, I have taken a few things here and there, but currently no. Just don't feel like it Sometimes cost is a factor.. and right now, with the cost of all the healthy food of FMD.. no way! If I stop losing again, I might consider it though.
Ok...thnx. Just like to find out what others are thinking and have experienced. I do like the controlled studies where one group had certain results that differed from the other group.

Otherwise, how would we ever know what actually gets results. I like results
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning dude and dudettes,

Beautiful spring morning today. I was going to work for a while today but decided to get a lot of errands done instead. I can work over the weekend. We have an important gig tonight--a booking agent is coming to see us to consider including us in his stable. Only have to play an hour and its at a studio where I don't have to set up the sound system or dh's drum kit. I only have to mix the vocals, the studio owner will help with the instruments.

gotta run to get the day started. bbl for personals.

Have a great day all.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethr View Post
Good morning dude and dudettes,

Beautiful spring morning today. I was going to work for a while today but decided to get a lot of errands done instead. I can work over the weekend. We have an important gig tonight--a booking agent is coming to see us to consider including us in his stable. Only have to play an hour and its at a studio where I don't have to set up the sound system or dh's drum kit. I only have to mix the vocals, the studio owner will help with the instruments.

gotta run to get the day started. bbl for personals.

Have a great day all.
Good morning dudette! Have a great day too...it's Friday
Old 03-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Did you remember to set your clocks ahead. My least favorite day of the year--I do not like to lose sleep! The gym is on my agenda today, as well as work. Must make up for the fact that I didn't work on Friday and we have a big deadline ahead. I went to the chiropractor on Friday and my mid back was not a happy camper which actually impacts my lower back.

Diane--what's up with you. I notice you haven't checked in. Everything OK?

Charlene--How 'bout you?

GoBahnsen--How are things with you today?

Niki--how about you? How was dinner with your DS? I love fondue! We went to the Melting Pot for our anniversary this year. I had the very best fondue when I lived in France and its a great treat for me.

I have a screaming bird who is demanding that I clean his cage so I best get to it.

Have a great Sunday all!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Made it to the gym. Yeah me!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: love2live
Stats: 270.5/245/150
WOE: Atkins - induction **ultimate goal 150**
Start Date: 1/01/2014
Good morning everyone,

I finally broke 250.

Boy, it sure is windy today. I'm at the tail end whenever nasty bug got me. Thank goodness for that.

I want to the doctor the other day just for routine checkup for documentation at my new school. I ended up getting two more vaccines. One was hepatitis A, and the other one was typhoid. Typhoid? As in Typhoid Mary? Goodness gracious.

This past weekend I spent in a hotel room in Winnemucca, Nevada. My DH attends a yearly photography symposium there. I had no Internet. Eek! Just prior to the trip, my DH cut the binding off almost all of my school books. It took me about two days to hole punch all of the pages and organize them into binders. I also watched about six movies on HBO. That's funny to me because I rarely watch any TV.

Fondue the other night was wonderful. Unfortunately, my favorite part of the fondue is dipping apples into the creamy, melted cheese. So instead I just poured cheese all over my meat, chicken and cauliflower.

Not much else to report other than it feels like one of those days where you could just hang out in bed all day. I always say that, but in reality I have ADHD and always need to be doing something.

That's wonderful Bethr that you made it to the gym. What kind of bird do you have?

And boo Hoo foe the cancellation of the art class Diane.

Have a great Monday everyone!
love2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! I slept in this morning...well, if you call getting up at 5:00 a.m. to take the puppy I'm babysitting to the bathroom and then head back to bed sleeping in....heehee. He is a doll. Loves to cuddle. He's half Dotson, half Yorkie. Precious!

My son and his wife came and brought their new Boxer, Buddy to see us. So, with Penny, the puppy and Buddy, they had a fun time playing around. But I got the best news!!!!

I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER!!!!!!!! Yes, they surprised us with the news this weekend. Due probably about November. She hasn't been to the dr. yet. This is in the midst of my ds not knowing what he wants to pursue as a career because he currently hates his job. He had decided on fire academy but the March class didn't make so now he's unsure because he'll be 12 weeks with no pay, living on his 401K and savings. He's not sure he wants to do that now, but he has to do something because he is miserable and can't live this way his whole life.

DD15 joined an AAU basketball team yesterday, so running to Waco several times a week for practice and games will be on the agenda for the next several months. I think it will be good for her since she will have to step up and be a scorer next year. It's very fast paced.

DD13 left for the beach with a friend today and will be gone all week.

We're just chilling here. No plans. Just doing whatever we want. I'll head to the gym today and then to basketball practice tonight. Maybe do some cleaning in between.

Beth - yay for making it to the gym! The setting the clocks ahead doesn't bother me near as much when I'm on spring break.

Diane - that lemon slushie sounds good!!! Yay for coming up with new ideas!

GB - are you up and burning those calories today? Do you take supplements? What does a typical low carb day your way look like? I do that as well, but I need to do some tweaking. I get in a rut with the same ole and I know I need to change things up.

Hiya Niki and Rachel!!!

Have a GREAT day!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL HERE!!!!!

Last edited by sports_mom; 03-10-2014 at 09:22 AM..
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Niki - you sneaked in while I was writing and posting! Congratulations on your new mark!! Keep it up!!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Hi everyone.. I have struggled a bit.. back down a couple, and back up a couple.. but still down at least 7 lbs! Restarted yesterday, but stress and anxiety got the best of me and I wasn't perfect. Today I'm sure I will stick to it 100%. This diet WORKS, but I need to stop sabotaging myself! I am ready to get the next "chunk" of weight off and get back to Onederland. With it warming up I am needing to fit into something other than hoodies! Well, I DO fit in things.. but it ain't pretty!

School has been really stressing me out. My kids have been stressing me out.. but looks like two of them are starting new jobs within the week! Maybe they can start paying some of the bills I've been paying for them (cell phones, car insurance, etc..)

As excited as I am about the solo gallery show, I still haven't picked up a paint brush in over a month! I have some ideas for the next few paintings, but I just can't seem to focus enough. When the semester is over I will be able to focus more on my painting.. ugh. Next week is spring break for me, but I still have to work.. wish I could go away somewhere! I need a break!

Lately I am missing having a dog. My son's chihuahua lives here, but she isn't MINE, and she really doesn't DO much! She is an odd little creature! Maybe when I don't have a car payment anymore I will get a dog. That's over two years from now though.

Beth: I hate losing that hour of sleep too! Good news.. I actually HAVE an appointment for the doctor.. (they made me make one because it's been over a year, and I need my prescriptions refilled.. they would only refill one time until I come in). I'm curious if anything has changed with my thyroid.

Charlene: Congrats! Welcome to the g-ma club! You're going to love it!

Niki: And congrats to you breaking 250!

GB and Rachel: Hi, how ya doing?
Old 03-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Down a lb since yesterday.. I'm glad because I was NOT 100% on plan.. I mean, it's good to know I can still lose when my eating isn't perfect, but at the same time, knowing that can be a bad thing and makes me think I can have little things here and there that I shouldn't I HAVE been having a cup of coffee in the morning.. shhhh!
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning my newfound friends,

My scale read 247.5 this morning. Woo hoo! Okay so it may not stay there because I did not eat dinner last night. DH and I went over to our new neighbors house for hors d'oeuvres and cocktails at six o'clock and ended up staying there till midnight. I ate a couple of pieces of cheese and some little hot dogs that were lathered and sugary barbecue sauce. Yuk! By the time we got home last night I was too tired to snack and I was exhausted from paying attention to the conversation for six hours.

Both DH and I have had this weird headache for the past three days. It is really strange that DHS headaches because he gets one or two year unlike me that struggles on a weekly basis. My headache was odd though it was at the front of my four head not like one of my typical migraines that is usually on the right side behind my eye. Anyway, I got up earlier to make the coffee and noticed an open bag of coffee. It wasn't our usual cheapo coffee from costo so I asked if he had been using what was in the open bag from our trip. DH said yes he thought it would be a treat. Well, that tree from our vacation is decaf! Oh my, we have been going through caffeine withdrawals for at least three days.

Congratulations Charlene! Let the spoiling begin. I am just shocked what's available out there for newborns and babies. Back in my day I used this rickety old stroller and nowadays I think they come in all terrain models.

Diane, congratulations on another pound lost. And I won't tell anybody about the coffee. I know what you mean about missing like a dog. I really, really miss my dog Rufus when I'm away at school. We do however do a lot of video conferencing almost on a nightly basis. I laughed so hard when I read your hoodie comment Because I can relate. I love hoodies, and I love the way they feel. My DD is all of 115 pounds and she looks really good in a hoodie, so I guess it's how you fit in them.

I'm off to do more cleaning and sorting before I leave. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_mom View Post
GB - are you up and burning those calories today? Do you take supplements? What does a typical low carb day your way look like? I do that as well, but I need to do some tweaking. I get in a rut with the same ole and I know I need to change things up.
Hi sportsy Lost track of this thread. Will answer questions soon

Hi Diane Will get back.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

I was down another lb. this morning.. back to 201.8 Come ON ONEDERLAND! Hope to see you soon! I have been modifying a bit still, but it's still working. I would say I am 90% on plan. Went to the gym this morning and did the cardio part of the step class. Going again tomorrow. Helping my oldest DS move some things from storage to his new apartment, then I plan to relax at home and paint paint paint!

Just did my first mobile bank deposit today... HOW COOL!

Niki: Speaking of hoodies, I just bought a new one from my gym It is so soft and light though, I love it! ..... When I do get a dog, I will probably get another long haired chihuahua. Either that or a medium sized dog. I used to have great danes, and they are big lovey babies, but too big for my apartment! I can't even imagine!

GB, Charlene, and Beth: Hi! Hope you all check in soon!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was down another lb. this morning.. back to 201.8 Come ON ONEDERLAND! Hope to see you soon! I have been modifying a bit still, but it's still working. I would say I am 90% on plan. Went to the gym this morning and did the cardio part of the step class. Going again tomorrow. Helping my oldest DS move some things from storage to his new apartment, then I plan to relax at home and paint paint paint!

Just did my first mobile bank deposit today... HOW COOL!

Niki: Speaking of hoodies, I just bought a new one from my gym It is so soft and light though, I love it! ..... When I do get a dog, I will probably get another long haired chihuahua. Either that or a medium sized dog. I used to have great danes, and they are big lovey babies, but too big for my apartment! I can't even imagine!

GB, Charlene, and Beth: Hi! Hope you all check in soon!
Hi Diane, Bethr, Sportsmom...I'm doing well. And yes I take supplements. I like things like CLA and L-carnitine. Plus Green tea extract. All of the above help burn fat naturally.

How are you guys doing? Though I can read your posts to find out too. Hope you have a great weekend of fun and diet success at the same time. Can be tricky, huh?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

Guess what I did today? Yes. Yes I did. I went to the gym again. Cardio and stretching. And then the chiropractor. I need to do some work, but am having a hard time focusing, probably because I am so tired today. Have a big deadline next week so I've been working a lot. Tomorrow is my goddaughter's 1st birthday! boy has the time flown.

Charlene--congrats on the impending birth of your first grandchild. Amazing!

Diane--WTG. Keep up the good work. I'm anxiously awaiting your trip back to onderland.

GB--how ya doing today?

Niki--what's new?

I could go to sleep right here in my lazyboy. zzzzzz
Old 03-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethr View Post
Hi all!

Guess what I did today? Yes. Yes I did. I went to the gym again. Cardio and stretching. And then the chiropractor. I need to do some work, but am having a hard time focusing, probably because I am so tired today. Have a big deadline next week so I've been working a lot. Tomorrow is my goddaughter's 1st birthday! boy has the time flown.

Charlene--congrats on the impending birth of your first grandchild. Amazing!

Diane--WTG. Keep up the good work. I'm anxiously awaiting your trip back to onderland.

GB--how ya doing today?

Niki--what's new?

I could go to sleep right here in my lazyboy. zzzzzz
Good for you on getting to the gym again! I'm proud of you

I had one of those melancholy days. Some days are just catch-up days, right bethr? I want everyday to be another radical day of high energy stuff. But today was just a sad feeling all day.

That's whats goin on. I always have hope that the next day will really rock!
Old 03-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethr
Happy first goddaughter's birthday ! And you are so right about time flying. Where are those days when summer lasted forever and Christmas always seemed so far off?

And congratulations and for going to the gym. I'm still in the thinking about going to the gym stage.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:58 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post

But today was just a sad feeling all day.

That's whats goin on. I always have hope that the next day will really rock!
You and me both.

I would like to believe that since we are ripping away fat from our bodies, they go through some sort of downtime to figure out what's going on, and then to regroup. I don't think our bodies can distinguish the difference between strenuous exercising and lo carb dieting. All it knows is that it needs ATP for fuel which in turns makes us feel tired or sometimes melancholy--like a survival mechanism. Okay, enough of my guessing...

The again, where do you live? Are you getting enough vitamin D?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Well everyone, nothing much is happening and I'm ancy, yet groggy. Maybe it's boredom.

I'm usually running like a crazy woman and when I don't have anything pressing, I think of food. Food I love, food I can't have. Gravy. Mashed potatoes and gravy.

I did actually manage to clean house today and do most of the laundry. I just need to get up enough energy to fold what's piled on the bed. And then muster up enough energy to put them away.

DH and are almost all caught up on our vaccinations. Who knew that Typhoid still exists? Goodness! I purchased a mosquito net this time around so I won't have to lather my legs with deet. and, I think I. Found an apartment close to the school--walking distance, yeah! We leave in a month.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone...I'm sure looking forward to corn beef and cabbage!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Down a little more to 201.4... hey, at least it's heading in the right direction! I am really trying to focus on Onederland in the next few days. Making it happen! I am on a MISSION!

Well, two trips to my son's apartment took longer than I thought, so I didn't get any painting done yesterday.. hopefully today, although I am taking the last bit of stuff down to him later today so he doesn't have to figure out how to fit it in his or his gf's car.. it's already in my car (I got the last of it from storage since it's near my apt), so I might as well. While driving yesterday I opened up my "moon roof" I guess they call it these days, and felt the sun on my face.. it was glorious! It was a really nice day, but today is back down to the 30's.. UGH!

It's my spring break this week, so no classes (the only one I'm bummed about missing is painting obviously), but since I still have to work, it won't feel much like a break!

My spring allergies are in full swing. I had forgotten how SICK I feel when I get em. I woke up yesterday morning feeling like I'd been hit by a bus!

I am kind of mixing up the phases of this diet.. not really "doing" the phases, but eating foods from all of them. I'm still losing, so I am wondering if cutting out dairy and wheat is the main reason it is still working. I DO have a little creamer in my coffee (Thin Mints creamer at that.. shhh!) I do have days where I eat too much or eat something bad and the scale goes up temporarily, but I think my allergies are a blessing in disguise, because I don't feel much like eating and it helps me make better choices. Yesterday for example, while helping my son, I knew I had to eat to keep my metabolism going.. I had to get something from the gas station, so I chose cashews and a bottle of water. RAW cashews are allowed, but they didn't have them so I had to make do with the regular ones.

Niki: A white golden? Sounds adorable! (and I love polar bears) I have plenty of time to decide... but I do like being able to pick up a dog and bathe it in the sink, and also, little dog, little poops!

GB: I have days like that.. just a general sad feeling all day.. even for no apparent reason. Lately though I have been having major anxiety (from stress). I really need a vacation!

Beth: Yay for going to the gym again! I went Friday and did the step class, and had planned to go yesterday, but when I woke up at 5am feeling sick from the allergies I knew it would be a bad idea. I can't believe it's your goddaughters 1st bday already! Where does the time go?

Charlene: Come out come out wherever you are!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
You and me both.

I would like to believe that since we are ripping away fat from our bodies, they go through some sort of downtime to figure out what's going on, and then to regroup. I don't think our bodies can distinguish the difference between strenuous exercising and lo carb dieting. All it knows is that it needs ATP for fuel which in turns makes us feel tired or sometimes melancholy--like a survival mechanism. Okay, enough of my guessing...

The again, where do you live? Are you getting enough vitamin D?
I think you guess good. Me thinks that.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Sooooo close! Almost there! I was 200.8 this morning! I went to the gym to do step class (just the cardio part still), but I was so tempted to stay in bed because these allergies are really dragging me down. Ughhh.

No work today, so I plan to paint my booty off. I have been stuck on my Sonny and Cher painting lol.. I always paint a "frame" around the edges, but it's the background I'm stuck on.. but I'm getting close!

I'll check back in later....
Old 03-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Niki - you sneaked in while I was writing and posting! Congratulations on your new mark!! Keep it up!!!!
Thank you, thank you!
I'm proud to report that I am 246.4. I have lost about 24 pounds. Wow, 24 packages of butter. Or, I guess I can look at it if I were to hold 5, 5 pounds of sugar.

Quote:
Sooooo close! Almost there! I was 200.8 this morning! I went to the gym to do step class (just the cardio part still), but I was so tempted to stay in bed because these allergies are really dragging me down. Ughhh.

No work today, so I plan to paint my booty off. I have been stuck on my Sonny and Cher painting lol.. I always paint a "frame" around the edges, but it's the background I'm stuck on.. but I'm getting close!

I'll check back in later....
I love, love Sonny and Cher. That was my era. Now, I will be singing I've got you babe all day today. What's the theme of your Sonny and Cher painting?

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Old 03-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Niki: I am trying to paint people from different era's so there will be something for pretty much everyone at the gallery show.. like, I could do all people from the 80's, but then most of the people that go to my school might not know most of them I may even go back as far as Charlie Chaplin and do it in black and white and grey's, and a current idea would be Miley on the wrecking ball... The hardest part is the face and making it look like a skeleton, but also the actual person. Sonny and Cher I am thinking are just going to be standing next to each other like they are on stage.. I'm still not sure. I haven't gotten very far today!

Congrats on the 24 lbs!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Sorry for being MIA over spring break, but I was kind of enjoying it. hehehe Went to the lake a couple days and hung with friends and then my dd15 joined an AAU basketball traveling team, so that's been 3 nights a week to practice over an hour away. The first of 13 tournaments starts this weekend! I foresee no nights off any time soon. DD13 had a track meet last night and dd15 has one Friday night. Come on summer!!!

Went to the gym yesterday at 4:00 a.m. and was the only one there for a long time. I loved it! Reminded me when I used to go to the gym in Anna and was the only one there. Sore today. Doing a kettlebell workout this morning.

Looks like the scale is moving in the right direction for you guys! Congrats!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:53 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sooooo close! Almost there! I was 200.8 this morning!...
Tapping fingers

The suspense is killing me.....

I thought of you yesterday because I bought some stickers for my sketchbook.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Went to the gym yesterday at 4:00 a.m. and was the only one there for a long time. I loved it!
4 am? Eek! That means you would have left the house before 4 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Niki: I LOVE those stickers!!! Day of the Dead sugar skulls! Sonny and Cher are coming along.. sort of. I have them drawn out on paper, but I haven't decided on the background yet, so I started prepping my BIG canvas for the Walking Dead painting..... No, unfortunately I am not in Onederland yet. I was doing well, then a major stressful situation got the best of me and I have been off track since Tuesday big time. THAT situation was taken care of, but I still wake up with that "sick to your stomach" feeling every day. I hate that! You would think at least for a minute upon waking up I wouldn't feel that way until I remembered "Oh yeah.. all THAT is still out there to worry about." I am a big worry wart. I had gotten better about not worrying about things until they happen, but they kept happening anyway, so I have been conditioned to always worry I had a big love affair with food this past week.. I won't even mention the things I consumed but holy moly! Today I feel so DONE. It stinks though, I can't afford to buy the food for my diet right now, so I will have to do the best I can for a few days. I will admit to falling under the spell of cute pony-tailed girl scouts jumping up and down asking me if I want to buy some cookies... Cookies are my downfall. Any cookie.

Charlene: That is EARLY! I am not and have never been much of an "early bird" so that would about kill me to go to the gym that early! I need to do SOMETHING to get there more often though.. I am hoping when school is out I will be able to get there after work a few days a week.

Hi to Beth, GB, and Rachel.. where are you guys!?
Old 03-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Niki: I LOVE those stickers!!! Day of the Dead sugar skulls! Sonny and Cher are coming along.. sort of. I have them drawn out on paper, but I haven't decided on the background yet, so I started prepping my BIG canvas for the Walking Dead painting..... No, unfortunately I am not in Onederland yet. I was doing well, then a major stressful situation got the best of me and I have been off track since Tuesday big time. THAT situation was taken care of, but I still wake up with that "sick to your stomach" feeling every day. I hate that! You would think at least for a minute upon waking up I wouldn't feel that way until I remembered "Oh yeah.. all THAT is still out there to worry about." I am a big worry wart. I had gotten better about not worrying about things until they happen, but they kept happening anyway, so I have been conditioned to always worry I had a big love affair with food this past week.. I won't even mention the things I consumed but holy moly! Today I feel so DONE. It stinks though, I can't afford to buy the food for my diet right now, so I will have to do the best I can for a few days. I will admit to falling under the spell of cute pony-tailed girl scouts jumping up and down asking me if I want to buy some cookies... Cookies are my downfall. Any cookie.

Charlene: That is EARLY! I am not and have never been much of an "early bird" so that would about kill me to go to the gym that early! I need to do SOMETHING to get there more often though.. I am hoping when school is out I will be able to get there after work a few days a week.

Hi to Beth, GB, and Rachel.. where are you guys!?
Hi Diane
Been keeping up with my "backsliding" thread in this same area. And I started an Admin appreciation thread in the main lobby. Maybe you could write a little thank you in there sometime? That would be cool. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Da na na nah.....

25 pounds of sickly fat gone forever!

I ought to be in the congratulatory mode but the only word comes to mind is shameful. When I think about how much my poor heart had to work to carry around that extra 25 pounds, I am in disbelief. I love you my heart.

I spent most of the weekend in the bay area today, at my granddaughters three year birthday party. My goodness do my granddaughter, all of her friends, and the parents have a lot of patience and energy. Not me! The weather was so nice and beautiful--I forget how beautiful all the colors are in California when I drive over there.

I started packing today to go back to school. I'm trying to limit each suitcase to a little under 50 pounds because of the extra costs at the airport, and boy books sure do add up. I ended up buying the suitcases that look like they're made out of plastic and they seem to work pretty well. My cats are running around the house crazy because they know what it means when the suitcases come out.

I've been trying on all of the clothes before I put them in the suitcases. I'm already tired, hence the break and posting here. And my room is now a disaster with piles of clothes to go to the thrift store, clothes to throw away, clothes to put in another suitcase, and an I don't know what to do with pile.

Okay, I have to get back to work. I hope everyone is having a great day!