Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/190/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Hi Girls,
My back is killing me today, all the poking and tweaking he had to do at the appt yesterday really messed me up. I couldnt fall asleep last night cause it was hurting so bad! He explained about the injections to me and how it all works, my insurance covers it except a 40 dollar per visit co-pay. You go about once a month for a min of 3 visits, some people need more. He told me to go home and watch the youtube video of it, so I did and I am freaked out!! They poked the guy like 10 times in his lower back in the one visit. I asked him if they give you anything before to numb it, he said he could give me some cream to rub on 1 hour before the appt. Im still thinking about if I want to do it or not!! the thought of no pain sounds good, but there is no guarantee it will work.

Anyway, weight was the same today, prob from all the stress and trauma I was under yesterday.

I am off work all next week to spend Sping Break with the kiddos, cant wait!! Will be nice to get a break from work.

Here is todays menu:

b- lc bfast sandwich
s- nature valley bar
l- tuna noodle casserole w/dreamfields
s- fiber one brownie
d- pork fajitas

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 04:28 AM   #62
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Kelly - I was just thinking the other day, when I ran to the mall during my lunch and saw kids and or kids and their mom's how much I missed taking spring break off with my girls. Seriously, I wanted to cry. They grow up so fast, so enjoy this time.

Still trying to get used to DD being gone - she and DSIL would come home every other week, every couple of weeks and it feels so weird. I miss her so much. I talk to her multiple times a day, sure, but it's not the same. The nice thing is we can facetime too, and last night just needed to see her face. I think it's 22 days until I see her!

Then DH says to me, we need to not rely on DD26 and DSIL so much for our socializing. WHAT? For one thing we do, do stuff with other folks on occassion, but after a long week of work, and being with and talking with people ALL DAY LONG, I would rather spend my time with my family! Is that weird? Kind of annoyed me, lol!

Eating has been so so and am reading my Strong Women Stay Young book. I am hoping to get the few last pieces I need (ankle weights) and start incorporating......

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:08 AM   #63
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

Great 5-mile run this morning! Although I had to take a detour around this huge fire at a beach motel. Sadly, we just heard at least 2 people died.

I committed to a Relay Race in April that is marathon length, but you can have up to 5 team members. I will be doing a leg that is 6.4 miles. I don't think the distance will be a problem, but I need to work on my speed! Can't let the rest of my team down. There are actually 15 of us (3 relay teams) from our neighborhood participating. It is a great course, all along the boardwalks of the Jersey Shore!! Ending at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park.

For the first Friday night in ages, I think we are just staying at home. We've been out SO much this week, due to various commitments. I just want to chill out. Of course, if my work day takes a turn for the worse - all bets are off.

Cindy, we do a lot of socializing with Joe's brothers, they both live only a couple blocks from us. I have to say there are times when I say No More Family, but for the most part, I enjoy having them around. Family is easy, you can always just be yourself...

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

2014 Running Miles: 224
2014 Walking Miles: 214
2014 Biking Miles: 380
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:01 AM   #64
Queen Bargain Shopper

Happy Saturday all!!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #65
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't done ANY clothes shopping since before Christmas because I am so unhappy with my weight. I finally broke down today because I wanted to get a couple of new Spring things before our trip to Key West.

OMG, I look horrible. If seeing how crappy I look in a brightly-lit full-length dressing room mirror doesn't persuade me to get my act together, nothing will. I should go stand in a dressing room every week until I lose 10 lbs!!

Sorry, I just had to vent....meanwhile we are going out to a birthday dinner with friends tonight. Yes, to an Italian restaurant.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:42 AM   #66
Queen Bargain Shopper

Ok, so I started my new work out on Sunday. They say to do it twice a week, but will do it three times. I am hoping to see some results. If I could just rid myself of some inches through my thighs and buttocks, I think I would be satisfied. I am never going to look amazing in a bathing suit, lol and do I ever really wear one anymore? If we were ever to go on a warm weather vacation, I just would get some cute cover ups.

Two weeks and I head to FL!
Old 03-25-2014, 04:56 AM   #67
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all!!

I've strung together a couple of good days and hope to keep things going. As mentioned in my post above, it was a rude awakening in that dressing room mirror.

I cannot believe how cold it is here! With more snow due today. I went running this morning and it was 19 out. UGH!

Cindy, we go to FL in 10 days!!

How is everyone else doing??? By the way, I am looking for a SBD friendly creamed spinach recipe, anyone have one? I will google it to see what I can find.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Hi Beachers!

Bloodwork done on Saturday. Hopefully it will give me some answers either way. I am really struggling to make good food choices. REALLY STRUGGLING.

If the bloodwork is normal, then I know I just need to kick my own arse. If thyroid is elevated then I at least have a cause for the craziness that has been my eating.

Hoping to have the results by next Monday.

Hope you all are having a great Tuesday!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #69
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tina, . FYI. My grandmother struggled with thyroid issues her whole life. Really challenging to deal with. Hang in there!

Me? I'm eating pretty well. Although I did skip exercise this morning. Between the snow and early morning conference calls, it just didn't happen.

6 work days until vacation!! Long range forecast shows 80 and sunny our 1st day. I need a break from work SO badly....

Hope everyone is having a good week, it's half over already!!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:58 AM   #70
Queen Bargain Shopper

Two weeks from today I leave!
DD snap chatted me her calendar that said "officially two weeks"!

Eating is so so, but am doing my strength training - we will see what happens!

Tina!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:03 AM   #71
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, I read a good article about women our age and how important strength training can be. I do some arm weights, but that's about it. Let me know how your new training regimen works out for you.

Not much going on here except it is SO stinking cold. I just can't bear another day of bundling up to run outside. (17, with a wind chill of 11. UGH!) So I took a day off from exercising.

Kelly, saw on FB that you sold your car. Nice!

Heading out with some college friends for dinner tonight. One of my friends is down in our area for a meeting, so a bunch of us are getting together.

Have a good day Ladies!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Still struggling but trying to hang in!

I texted DH that I really hope this wanting to eat ALL THE FOODS is thyroid related because if its not it is going to be very hard to deal with.

Really hoping to know lab results by Monday. Even if I have to call the lab myself to get them.

Wiz - Enjoy your dinner!

Cindy - only two weeks til warmer weather! Hope its really nice for your visit!

I am in full graduation party prep mode. We decided on a cute, fun theme. Hot Dog Bar with chocolate fountain desserts. If you guys have been on pinterest, you see i've been a pinning fool.

Tonight I'm making pennant banners (i roped DS gf into helping hehehehe). One that says, HOT DOG BAR, DESSERTS, and GIFTS. Maybe one with DS name on it. I made up a hog dog menu to print out for people who want to try out diffent kinds of hot dog. Texas Chili dog, Bostons Dog, Carolina Dog, Philly Dog etc. I hope people have fund with it.

We visited a couple of party places last night but nobody has much out yet since its kinda early, but I gotta be planning!

See you all tomorrow!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:25 AM   #73
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tina, I like the hot dog theme!! Friends of ours borrowed someone's hot dog cart for a graduation party, it worked out really well. Everyone likes a good dog! It looked like this one...maybe you know someone that has one, or could rent one.

Nostalgia Electrics Hot Dog Cart - Walmart.com

So, in the effort to shake things up bit before I go on vacation, I am in the midst of doing 6 days of Very Low Carb - basically Atkins. It's not my thing long term, I love veggies and fruit too much. But I think my body is too comfortable with my normal regimen of eating.

I've got spareribs in the crockpot with an herbed dry rub mix for tonight's dinner. They actually look pretty darn juicy and tasty. If they turn out well, I'll post the dry rub recipe.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/190/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Hi Girls,
Sorry I have been MIA this week, I was off work all week for Spring Break with the kiddos, did a lot of fun things and yes I FINALLY got a new car I sold my old one for pretty much what was left owing on it, which was nice just to be out of from under it!! It needed a bunch of spendy maintenance, its a Mercedes so everything cost a fortune on it. I purchased a 2013 Dodge Journey and I LOVE it!! it only has 9K miles on it so its practically brand new, still has the new car smell. And the best part is we can ALL fit in it, it has the 3rd row seat we have been needing. My payment is also lower on this than it was on my Benz, Im hoping my insurance will be lower too, have to call my agent tomorrow to get it changed over.
Back to work tomorrow for me, gonna be busy since its end of month and I have been gone, have to catch up on everything. Saturday we leave for Canada, just an overnight stay and we are driving, but we get to take the new car We are taking Michaels older son and his buddy, going to my first NHL hockey game, pretty excited. There are few tourist things we plan to check out as well.

Then the following weekend we have tickets to the new Cirque show, its called Totem, cant wait, I have never seen a Cirque show but have heard they are amazing!!

Cindy and Wiz, I hope you guys have an amazing time in Florida!! Wish I was going some place warm, we have our trip to Vegas at the end of April, Im hoping its going to be warm there, average temps I think are in the 70s, I would love to get some pool time!!

Almost April!!

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:07 AM   #75
Queen Bargain Shopper

Morning Girls!

Had a pretty busy weekend cleaning out and up different cupboards, cabinets and closets. Also DSIL #2 came by and dropped off some stuff for the basement, so although some stuff went out, some came in. DH said they will never take this stuff back and in a couple years from now we will be getting rid of that too!

DD26 came over yesterday and helped me restyle and redecorate my family room - she has such a good eye. We took EVERYTHING out except the big pieces and then moved it all around and then went from there. I have to get a new area rug, which I knew, and I did go to Target and actually found new lamps and a tray to turn an ottoman into a side table. I still need an end table, and may put up curtains, but she said lets wait and see......she brought me over a chair, a mirror and a few other things to use - we decided to do that instead of us buying new stuff all the time!

I leave a week from Thursday. I don't have to worry about eating while I am there, it potentially will be all vegan, lol! We both are so looking forward to my trip - DD - even though she says she's not lonely, I know she is!

Tomorrow is April!!!

Kelly - congrats on the new car! I bet it was hard going back to work today!
Wiz - it's a battle for us everyday, isn't it?
Where's Tina???

Have a great Monday/week!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Had a good weekend (well not food wise) I am on the horn right now trying to get my lab results.

I was in total grad party prep mode. I am making center pieces for the table, pennant banners for hot dog bar table and dessert table. I got the banners done! I will post pics of everything after the grad party. I died rice blue and red for the table centerpieces. My DH thinks I'm a nut case.

Cindy - I loved doing the whole room redo!

Kel - love the new car smell.

Wiz - Love the hot dog cart! DH would tell you to STOP encouraging me.

Almost April my friends!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:29 AM   #77
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh! As a salesperson, end of the quarter can be grueling. Today was no exception, I was working at 6 AM and haven't stopped since.

This Very Low Carb thing is going okay, although I don't know how people eat like this all the time. 3 days in and I'm already so tired of eating meat. LOL. I don't think I realized how many veggies I eat every day, not to mention the variety of my choices. But I already feel/look less bloated around my middle, even my fingers look less puffy! I'll take it.

Tina, all your party prepping sounds like fun! I love when a plan comes together.

Cindy, we've been doing some "purging" at our house too. We inherited a few really nice pieces of furniture and decorative pieces from my MiL and we finally got around to finding spots for them all. So now we are packing up some stuff that we no longer want, then we started in on some closets, etc. I'm going to have a big old yard sale when the weather gets a little better!

Kelly, I've been to Cirque de Soleil twice and have enjoyed it immensely. I love the pairing of the music, the costumes, the performances.

We haven't heard from Louisa in a while, I wonder how her foot is doing??

Later!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:29 AM   #78
Queen Bargain Shopper

New thread ladies!

SOUTH BEACH VETS - Adamant in April