Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 05:06 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SHORTIES - March - Spring WILL Spring!

New month!

And spring is 20 days away!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 05:14 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post

Cindy, I do totally understand, even though we were an hour or so from my parents before we moved here we saw everyone at least every other weekend if not more often than that. My mom would come down all the time during the week to just hang out with me and the boys. I'm glad we had that time when the boys were little and they are really close to their grandparents. It was REALLY scary moving so far away but my mom was so upset over us moving that I couldn't tell her that and that would have helped me a lot!
Even with DS20 being on the opposite coast we talk several times a week and we are really good friends, so I get where you are coming from. I miss having him here, but I love it when my phone "barks" since that's what his little brother set as his ring tone. DS16 still needs heavy handed parenting but we are able to have loads of fun too. (and yes, boys are very different!)

Kelly - thanks for that - and I am glad DD could talk to me about this. She said she is nervous and a bit scared, but knows she can do this and will survive till her DH gets there - she said that she really wishes he was coming with and was still, somewhat annoyed he isn't. I did tell her that he had to have AT LEAST control over when he comes down - this was all out of his control and she had to let him do this on his terms or there could be issues later - she seemed to understand that.

We all will get through this - it will be our new normal.

I love to get together with the kids every weekend, but funny thing is for DD26 and DSILalmost27 is it's always at our house. I don't think we will get together this weekend though as last night we all hibernated at home and tonight they are getting together with DSIL's sister and her family. None of us like getting together on Sunday nights.

I hate doing anything on Sunday night's so much - that I just realized we have tickets to a concert at the little theater we have season tickets to, tomorrow night. I am not mentioning it to DH!

I have to work on my performance review this weekend - it's next Thursday and we have to do a big part of it. It's so cumbersome - ugh.

What's everyone up to this weekend?

"It is what it is."
Old 03-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Just finished 10 mile run. Fell again on dirt and stone easy part. Now my right elbow is torn up. Didn't know I was bleeding till I took layers off. Oh well last trail run of program. I have a history of falls out here on this canal path. Harder parts you are more careful/

Going home now. No plans.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Debbie - your knee healed and now your elbow? Be careful!!

Cindy = DD27 told me later that when we left her in Aspen all she wanted to do was run down the road after the car! She was terrified. But she did it all on her own and we were so proud of her.

Your DD will be fine and by the time her DH gets there, she'll be a pro at everything.
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #5

Knee still a bit tender to touch. It just doesn't hurt to bend. My elbow is pretty sore and the abrasions hurt just like my knee did.

It is 2:46 am and I am up. Just took chili out if crock pot. In pain. Wrapping on elbow might have been putting too much pressure on it so it woke me up.

Going to take ibuprofen and try to sleep again. Four hours isn't going to cut it.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:11 AM   #6
Queen Bargain Shopper

I messaged on FB what is going on.
I have no control, but am stressed. Now they head into that big storm.
Ugh.

MK - I am kind of figuring that with DD24 too - but we know if anyone can do it, it's her - and honestly - she thrives alone, so will be fine - I just worry about her being lonely. Did your DD know ANYONE in Aspen at the time? I am thinking not, so it would be the same for my DD. I also worry about her being safe! But she is pretty street smart.

Debbie - hope your elbow is better - and don't you work today?

No plans today other than to work on my review, laundry, working out.....so I guess that's enough.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:27 AM   #7

My elbow feels good now. Ibuprofen helped. Plus I had an ace wrap holding gauze and that felt worse. Hard to put dressings on a bendy spot.

Yes, I work 12 today and 8 tomorrow.

Hair color comes off in 5 minutes then need to get ready for work. Cooked chili and hamburgers yesterday.

Layed out clothes for trip that appears to be unlikely.
Wish I was off tomorrow because being there for " major winter storm" scares me. Don't want to be on the road. May pack extra clothes in case I get stuck there. Hope not!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:53 AM   #8
Queen Bargain Shopper

First full week of March.
Will this winter EVER end?
We may have 20's by weekend.

Debbie - when will you get home today?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning! I'm still watching what I eat, I even skipped the really yummy spring rolls filled with noodles and wrapped in rice paper at a Vietnamese restaurant this weekend. I was rewarded by a slight move on the scale this morning to 134.9 which is the lowest number I've seen since I was on the way up! Something about getting below a 5 or zero just helps mentally (even if its only .1)

We had lots of rain and wind this weekend. Our little town is a mess this morning though. The city did go through Friday and pick up broken tree branches so I'm glad I drug mine out to the street.

Cindy, she'll be okay. The excitement will help to carry her through. It's scary to pick up and move but its also a good challenge to learn a new city and make new friends and at least she speaks the language, right!
There are pros and cons to going on her own. She'll get to discover things on her terms and then share them with her DH when he comes down to join her later. She has your visit in April to look forward to and the time will go really fast!

Debbie, I hope you are able to get out!

to everyone else, I need to actually get off here and do some stuff.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #10
Queen Bargain Shopper

Kelly; I appreciate your words.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #11

goodnight short friends
Old 03-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #12
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

MK - I am kind of figuring that with DD24 too - but we know if anyone can do it, it's her - and honestly - she thrives alone, so will be fine - I just worry about her being lonely. Did your DD know ANYONE in Aspen at the time? I am thinking not, so it would be the same for my DD. I also worry about her being safe! But she is pretty street smart.
She'll be fine. And DD27 knew no one in Aspen. They're young. They'll make new friends! And she'll be going to work and meeting new people there right away, plus people in the apartment complex.
It will be fine!

Miami I would worry about, but not Winter Park!
I worry about Chicago all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedo View Post
My elbow feels good now. Ibuprofen helped. Plus I had an ace wrap holding gauze and that felt worse. Hard to put dressings on a bendy spot.

I hope you feel better soon!!

Kelly - good job!!

And you needed the rain, right!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:14 AM   #13

On our way!
So cold here and lots if ice because very cold here.

I have a cold but I would rather have a cold in Florida!!!

Surely overpacked for two days. Dinner out with business associates tonight and tomorrow.
Seeing my mom tomorrow.
People tonight have become friends and he grew up by me. His dad was our Rabbi and married us. Seth is a bit older but knew them growing up.

I moved to the Boston area at 21. I did know my roommate but had to find a job, apartment and we did it. I got lonely for home after three years. If I didn't move home wouldn't have met Don. It was a good experience moving away from home.
I think the experience in Florida is important . They can always move home again at some point . We moved to Maryland for professional reasons. It was needed for our future.
I would hate my kids to move away but they need to do what is best for them. It would still be really hard for me.

Excited to see my mom tomorrow. Saw her in September and October and won't have more he. 6 hours but at least I can see her.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:04 AM   #14
Queen Bargain Shopper

Thanks ladies; all of that helps.
I will feel much more relieved when DSIL gets down there in June.
I think this move is good for her, for them. DSIL says they can reinvent themselves if they want!

Debbie - enjoy your time away, if only short. It will be nice to see your Mom.

Instant App night at work, so will work later today. Hoping it's busy, but not extreme!
Old 03-04-2014, 04:19 AM   #15

Waiting for take off.

So happy!!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/150.5/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Debbie - Ouch!!! And they say a little exercise has never hurt anyone.. I knew they were liars.
Misty - Thanks for the welcome, I really slid off when I was sick there so sending positive vibes.

Thought I would share a funny story..
I decided to start the squat challenge yesterday. It starts with 50 squats on the first day. I started my squats and next thing I knew I was done!! 50 squats.. all in a row.. without too much pain or challenge (done low and properly). I have always had strong legs but was feeling pretty proud of myself for getting through the first day so easily. Fast forward about 25 minutes when I decided to get some tea - Stood up from my desk and BAM!! my legs just gave out and I went collapsing to the ground.. I laughed my butt off.. So much for my 'super human' strength!!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/150.5/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
This totally posted on the wrong thread!!! Sorry ladies - Disregard my ramblings
Cudabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

As I mentioned on FB, still waiting on various repair/upgrade/bug people. UGH! But at least it could all be done in one day, if I have to hang out and wait it might as well be for 3 people as one and definitely better than 3 different days!

I managed to get my hair colored and I'm 15 minute-ing my way through the house/laundry so at least there's that!

DS20 will be home this weekend for spring break! (YAY!) And, I have a CAbi party to go to on Sunday. I really like their spring clothes this year!

Cindy, and hang in there! And, your DSIL is right, sorta, they can just more fully be who they are without all the memories and baggage that goes with living in the same place your whole life! I know I'm not the same person I would have been if we had stayed in the Midwest.

Debbie, I'm so glad you were able to get out! It sounds like it will be a great trip!

MK, we still need rain! (Its cloudy today, so maybe more is on the way)

Kaye & Jenn,
Old 03-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Going back to read everyone's posts.
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #20
Princess Proofreader

Going to look at the CABI spring line . . .
Old 03-05-2014, 04:20 AM   #21
Queen Bargain Shopper

Morning ladies.
Recovering from last night's event.

Regular work day today.
Not much new. DSIL left this morning. They are both pretty sad. I told her it's all about perspective - they can do this and people do it all the time!

Debbie - hope you are having fun!

Kelly - interesting that you feel you are a different person than you would have been if you stayed in the MW. I too, feel I wouldn't be who I am if I stayed in my home town. I literally moved right after our honeymoon from the UP of MI to MN. I am glad I left. But it was for alot of other reasons!

Well, me and my throbbing feet are off to work.....
Old 03-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,

I'm laughing at DS16 I gave him choices about mass yesterday, his options were 6:30am, 8am, or 5:30 tonight. He had to pick which practice to miss this morning's swim workout or water polo tonight. So, at bedtime he wanted to go at 6:30, when I woke him up he wants to go at 8. Of course I'm not surprised.

Cindy, I think its just really hard to grow as a person when you are always surrounded by people that knew you when you were 2 & know your family for many generations. Of course, with the differences in here & home, the boys aren't the same people they would have been if they had grown up in the Midwest. They're more open to different people, ideas, etc. (& of course they wouldn't be the athletes they are if we had stayed in our small Midwest town)

MK, the clothes are cute. I'm excited about trying them on.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, I should probably add, that while I always had a ton of friends and I love my family and visiting at home, I was always that quirky girl that didn't quite fit and I was always okay with that. My uncle that moved away helped me embrace my inner geek and combine her with my inner fashionista. I was the girl in 8th grade brave enough to wear the really trendy clothes that never became fashionable in small town rural Mo. Even after we were married we both commented from time to time that we didn't really fit where we were. Our best friends as a couple all moved to the Midwest from somewhere else (mostly the northeast) with one exception that went off to college and came back home.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Alyssa is sick and my stomach is feeling a little off. Hopefully it's just that I are Taco Bell for lunch
Old 03-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #25
Princess Proofreader

I agree with Kelly!!

DD27 didn't fit in here - she's definitely a big city girl!!
I tried to leave and got sucked back. I've made the best of it, and sometimes it's fun to know everyone's back-story!

We went to noon Mass!

Cindy - you did the very thing that your DD did - moved away! She'll be fine too! She has a good attitude and a job! Embrace it!!

Becky - hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-06-2014, 02:45 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

I didn't go to mass. Has Gracie all say, was gonna go last night and them I got sick

Does anyone else have to keep putting their user me and password in before they post? Maybe it's my phone or something.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:47 AM   #27

Hope you all feel better soon Becky

I havent had to put user name and password in for a while. Happens sometimes.

Going home today.

About to go for a run. If my cold makes it hard I will walk. Then I will find breakfast and sit by the pool a bit I guess. I have pretty much packed. Flight 2:20. Don will want to leave by 12.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:56 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

It's every time Debbie. Maybe it's my phone
Old 03-06-2014, 03:57 AM   #29

I left home.

Years later I don't regret it. We always lived within a few hours till we moved here. It got hard when MIL got older. We had to go where job opportunities were .

Way back after college I wanted The bug city of Boston . Moved there with college friend .

Now I am happy my kids are within. 45 minutes but understand they have their own lives and could move. Oldest never would.

I would like to move to Florida near my mom but after 20 years very tied to Maryland and my kids. Told hubby we can move here for winters someday . We can rent a place. I am talking well after we retire. Hopefully we can afford it. My husbands parents used to do this and they never had high paying jobs.

We will see.

Better go out to run.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:23 AM   #30
Queen Bargain Shopper

Kelly - thanks again for all that. I'm going to send your comments to M. She was exactly like you were. She never really fit in either, very quirky too. People always said they wanted to copy her style but said they could never pull it off, lol! I see the same thing for R. He doesn't even fit in with his immediate family.

Yes, MK - I realized I did this same thing too! And maybe, like your DD, she'll come back. Maybe not.

Review today, meetings and catch up from the other night.
And if you aren't following my division on Facebook or me on Instagram - here's a pic of my immediate team:
image.jpg