Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Gina~ yes, I'm still breathing...for now well, it's only been a day so.... time will tell LOL
Oh how I miss JUDDD! You are doing fantastic, you go girl!

I just ordered a fitness program... now this is gonna keep me busy and focused on something else besides the scale. I can't believe I'm actually kinda excited about it.....I HATE to sweat
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #92
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Good morning ladies,

How's everyone doing?? Cutting the crap I hope????

Tyl, this water challenge has been AMAZING.....I've been doing it....every single day! I wasn't sure I could because I really hate plain water... Seriously, I always flavor it with SOMETHING.....but not this week....not even a little, and you know what??? I really do feel the difference!

Well Kids, Just a quick check in, I'm headed off to an all day meeting with the corporate folks....I have to drive at least an hour (if I'm lucky) across LA in traffic to get there! They'll bring in lunch though and they promised me a nice Fajita / Salad bar so I'll have plenty of great choices. My daughter will be there to (We work for the same company) so at least we'll get to spend the day together.....even if it is a corporate meeting!

I'll check in later, have a great day!!
I am cutting my crap over here!! I'm glad the water challenge is going well for you. I have periods of time when plain water is just so unappealing... i'm gonna have to push if I want the bonus points lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Gina~ yes, I'm still breathing...for now well, it's only been a day so.... time will tell LOL
Oh how I miss JUDDD! You are doing fantastic, you go girl!

I just ordered a fitness program... now this is gonna keep me busy and focused on something else besides the scale. I can't believe I'm actually kinda excited about it.....I HATE to sweat
Fitness program deets! what'd ya get

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Tammy, I hope you had a nice time with you daughter at the meeting. Your lunch sounds good. I was at an all-day thing with catered lunch too and it was just OK.

Danielle, I hope you are still with us and not passed out from no weigh anxiety.

I am doing much better this time than the last challenge. I went back to JUDDD as a way to accommodate some new dietary restrictions. Straight low carb is HARD for me without dairy. I have 5 down days under my belt so far and am down 9 lbs (5 I lost on the last challenge, but then let them come back). I have done JUDDD before and know it won't keep that pace, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I quit dairy because I figured out it was causing my asthma with exercise, but another welcome side effect is a huge reduction in night time cravings. I used to prowl around the kitchen after dinner (or really any meal) needing something and going back over and over again for another bite, or spoonful, or whatever. I still enjoy deserts (and have ONE on up days), but I don't feel anymore like I HAVE to have something. It is a welcome change.

It is gorgeous here today. I think I'll head out for a walk. Have a great evening everyone.
Glad you are back love! That's a wonderful outcome for giving up that dairy! And great loss with JUDDD too! Love to hear these updates!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #93
Tyl

It hit me today... my presentation in on 3/22 and I have soooooooooooooo much to do. I may or may not be very present over the weekend... I have a stack of therapy books and notes and worksheets everywhere! I was trying to get lost in some fiction and really loved reading divergent..but i'm back to business now!

Eating is going well, still trying to target these arms of mine, hoping for noticeable results by the end of week 8! Anyone have any interesting vacations planned this year? We aren't doing much this year... a trip to vegas in may, something small in oct (maybe one of those last minute cruise deals out of galveston) but next yr I want to go to panama! I want to move there! I love vacation! I dream of it often!

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #94
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/213/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Tyl, what kind of presentation are you doing? (Sorry if you said already)

Danielle, you're doing a carb cycling program aren't you? I did JUDDD a couple of years ago, but I stalled something awful and finally gave it up. So far so good this time.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Just a quick fly-by to say that I'm living within CTC principles - so thank you all for keeping this to the front of my mind.

Still trying to sort throughout the sarcopenia stuff in my mind but it will be a while yet.

No personals but it was good to see how you're all doing.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning! TGIF!!!

Gina, You know, the concept of JUDD has always fascinated me.....I'll be very interested to see how you do with it. Giving up dairy??? I don't know if I could do that.....seriously. I am so glad that dairy doesn't give me issues (so far any way) because that's a HUGE part of my WOE. I'm very impressed with your commitment!

Danielle, Walk away from the scale.....do not give it the power it craves!!! Seriously, I tend to fall into that same darn trap.....and it's silly really. I need to be more disciplined and just weight every few days or so...and watch the DOWNWARD trend and not the daily blips.

Tyl, Good luck with your presentation....you'll do great I just know it!!! I need to focus on my arms more too....maybe that needs to be a challenge focus!!

Slowsure, so glad you're still checking in....we love having you in our group!! I know you have a lot to wrap your mind around right now, but we're here for you!!!

Well kids, I survived LA traffic, but it wasn't pretty, let me tell you!! What is normally a 1 hour drive took 2 yesterday morning!!! I gave myself an hour an a half, and still ended up being late!!! Lunch was good, I was totally able to stay on plan, and even avoided the HUGE cookies they were passing around! I did cave a little though on the candy.....they had big bowls of little fun size snickers and andes mints, etc everywhere and I did have some of those....but I didn't go too crazy and fortunately chocolate does not trigger awful cravings for me. I figured that a few of those were a MUCH better alternative than the cookies and the tortillas. I also had a bourbon & Diet coke when I got home, after all that traffic I thoroughly enjoyed that!!! I was still in ketosis this morning, so I feel good about my choices......I really want to make sure that I don't have any scale backlash though, so I think I'm going to fat fast today and this weekend.....give my body a break for a few days.

Well, I need to jet to work, I'll try to check in later. Have a GREAT Friday everyone!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #97
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I did pretty well this week. Weight is a little harder to track with JUDDD, but I hit a new low so I'm going to count a loss. I earned 7 for eating, 3 for exercise, 1 for a loss, and 1 for the water challenge (glug glug).

CTC2 Weekly Totals:

Gina: 12/24
Old 03-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Sunday Everyone!

I did pretty well this week. Weight is a little harder to track with JUDDD, but I hit a new low so I'm going to count a loss. I earned 7 for eating, 3 for exercise, 1 for a loss, and 1 for the water challenge (glug glug).

CTC2 Weekly Totals:

Gina: 12/24
Gina, the water challenge was worth 5 points!!!!!! That puts you at 16 for the week!
Old 03-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #99
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Gina, the water challenge was worth 5 points!!!!!! That puts you at 16 for the week!
Thanks!

I'll have to work on my reading comprehension.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday!

I had a great week, down nearly 2 pounds.....I credit much of that to the water challenge....brilliant thinking Tyl!!!!

I had 7 points for food, 2 for exercise, 1 for loss and 5 for water!!! 15 for me this week!

CTC2 Weekly Totals:

Gina: 16/28
Tammy: 15/26
Old 03-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #101
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I need to tell someone about the handy spreadsheet I whipped up to help me track my losses with JUDDD.

In case anyone isn't familiar, you eat "normal" calories one day, and very limited calories the next (I am doing 500 for now). It works because you are in a deficit overall, but only "suffering" every other day. It is difficult (for me anyway) to keep track of my losses because there is a pretty wide fluctuation between weighing after up days and down days. I am doing MWF down days and thought I would use my Saturday morning weight to track, but when Saturday came it was higher than it had been all week (after DDs) and higher than last Saturday. Boo. I realized I had some lower weights in the week, so I averaged everything. Turns out that instead of not losing anything, my weekly average weight is down by 3.97 lbs. Not boo.

I put it in google docs so I can access it from my computer, iPad or phone. This is probably making me happier than it should, but I am kind of a dork.

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K, 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I need to tell someone about the handy spreadsheet I whipped up to help me track my losses with JUDDD.

In case anyone isn't familiar, you eat "normal" calories one day, and very limited calories the next (I am doing 500 for now). It works because you are in a deficit overall, but only "suffering" every other day. It is difficult (for me anyway) to keep track of my losses because there is a pretty wide fluctuation between weighing after up days and down days. I am doing MWF down days and thought I would use my Saturday morning weight to track, but when Saturday came it was higher than it had been all week (after DDs) and higher than last Saturday. Boo. I realized I had some lower weights in the week, so I averaged everything. Turns out that instead of not losing anything, my weekly average weight is down by 3.97 lbs. Not boo.

I put it in google docs so I can access it from my computer, iPad or phone. This is probably making me happier than it should, but I am kind of a dork.
Gina, I love that!!!! I use my online journal to track my food, weight and measurements and it gives me similar reports too.....I find that VERY motivating!! I say anything that helps keep us focused, motivated and on track is great!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Hi, All!
Well was up CRAP CREEK without a paddle last week! I've been reducing my depression meds, and it's having more an impact on me --for the first time in 4.5 months, I've been eating bad, bad, bad!

I am back today! Cutting the CRAP

Tracy: 9/25
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Tracy: 9/25
LaVella 23/39

10 for exercise
7 for food
1 for weight loss
5 for water

Loved the water challenge. I drink 5 of my 22 oz brita water bottle a day, so that was a nice 5 points. FINALLY below 300! I was 299 on sunday. I generally wouldn't count that until I got to 297 but I was so happy to see a 2 instead of a 3! My birthday is next month and I am going to catalina island. I plan on working my butt off as much as possible until then since its my next goal date. My friend and I have been forcing ourselves to the gym even with our crazy schedules. It just means less sleep and im more moody haha. I like a zombie on a treadmill but at least I get there I guess.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #105
Tyl

Can't read quick drive by...got 15 pts last week...presentation sat...probably won't have to check in until then. Miss u guys!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:36 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Still hanging on - I'm so delighted at how well so many of you are doing.

Hoping to kayak more now that the weather is more Spring-like and less like a set for Noah.

I'm still by the sarcopenia business but what's quite funny is that whenever I find myself being self-critical because I'm tired or have difficulty standing up or opening something like a jar, a small, mutinous voice seems to mutter, "I'm doing really well for someone who has the muscles of an 80 year-old".
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Guys!!

Everyone must have been having a super busy week....I know I did!!! Spent ALL DAY Monday in court and the rest of the week playing catch up!

Tracy, how's your week been? Are you back on track and feeling better?

LaVella, you continue to amaze me with the schedule you keep! I am so impressed with your loss and your commitment....keep it up!

Tyl, I hope your presentation is going well!

Slowsure, you are so funny!! I think you look great, and you are so active with the kayaking....I really take everything the doctors say with a HUGE grain of salt, I have found them be wrong as often as not!!

Well things here have been busy but good.....I decided earlier this week to go dairy free and I am really impressed with how much better I'm doing, I lost a full pound after the first 2 days!!! I have also discovered Coconut cream! I don't know why I've never thought to explore it before now, but it is a FABULOUS dairy replacement!!! It's thicker than dairy cream, it whips up beautifully....and has fewer calories than dairy! I also found a fabulous dairy free vegan cream cheese that is largely made of coconut oil.....and it really tastes like cream cheese....it's very good!! Going Dairy free may be MUCH easier than I anticipated!

Well kids, I hope everyone is having a GREAT week, it's almost the weekend!!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #108
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I am going to Trader Joes tonight to try to find some of that coconut milk cream cheese.

I have been busy this week. Tons of stuff is going on at work and we are having company this weekend. That means I need to clean and get all the shopping, laundry and stuff done that I would have done if they weren't here. They are are our oldest and dearest friends and we will have a great time.

We are in a race on Sunday and I went to pick up our bibs and race stuff last night. I thought I would breeze in get my stuff and go, but there were HUNDREDS of people there.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am going to Trader Joes tonight to try to find some of that coconut milk cream cheese.

I have been busy this week. Tons of stuff is going on at work and we are having company this weekend. That means I need to clean and get all the shopping, laundry and stuff done that I would have done if they weren't here. They are are our oldest and dearest friends and we will have a great time.

We are in a race on Sunday and I went to pick up our bibs and race stuff last night. I thought I would breeze in get my stuff and go, but there were HUNDREDS of people there.
Gina, in my trader joes it was between the cheese and the tofu.....it's the TJ house brand.....very yummy!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello ladies!

Well, lots is changing over here for me.. I am going to begin Atkins starting tomorrow... I am not really sure what's been going on regarding my program the last few weeks but I am tired and frustrated, and just tired of being frustrated..so fixing it. I've somehow managed to regain about 8lbs in the last few weeks for no real reason whatsoever... I will own at least 2 lbs for having a couple off plan foods the last coupla days but definitely not owning the entire 8.. so aggravating to follow plan perfectly and be rewarded with gains I spent the whole of this past week staying OFF the scale until Thursday because of that steady gain upwards...only to be rewarded with another 2lb gain bringing up to 8 total. Meh..

So, I'm going to begin with induction and implement a few things from cycling along with it and hope that this is the ticket to steady losses..

Still waiting for my Jillian box to arrive...should be any day now.. and hey, I have managed to remain injury free! See, miracles happen every day!

Starting tomorrow with the new plan...I am absolutely terrified but I'm going for it! I won't know what happens if I don't try, so I'm all in.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 03-22-2014, 03:19 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Hey ladies, I definitely need to post more so I don't get so stressed out. This week as literally been a train wreck! Its the first time I thought about going off plan and drinking, the thing is, what I put in my body is the only thing I do seem to have control over right now, so I know I would feel like crap if that got messed up.

First, I am doing my emergency rotation, so while I expect more death, I swear it seemed like everything that came through the door died on us. It's like you get the animal through surgery or bring them back from crashing and then a couple hours later, after you think they will pull through they die Its just so depressing, and then you start in internalize things.

Second, my lovely landlords gave me a 24 hour notice for inspection for our small apartment complex. I don't mind inspections as I have nothing to hide, and I am clean freak so generally my apartment is in clean, but holy crap!!! 24 hours. So on Tuesdays I am out of my house from 6 30 am to 1030 11 pm, so I got the inspection notice late that night for 11 am the next day. Needless to say, I freaked out! I had chemistry the next day from 830 am to 240 pm, and my husband cant take off work. They still go in your apartment whether you are home or not, so I had to miss a lecture and half of lab to be home. I have my 3 cats, that if anything ever happened to them I would be in jail, so yeah, I had to be at home. BUT more importantly I am also a foster mom to other animals, and even though my landlord said he would make sure nothing happened to my furchildren or my fosters, if anything did happen to the animals or the people going in, being the foster mom, I am legally responsible, so I just didn't want to risk it. I guess the property is changing hands, so they had people come in for insurance reasons.

3rd my landlord called and said the rent money order never arrived. So once again, I had to take time off from class and go to the bank to have it cancelled and send a new one. Well guess what showed up at my house when I got home that day? AND the address to the landlords office was correct! I have no clue why it was returned to sender.

4th, I think is just a combination of things. TOM showed up after 2 months, starting to get more regular, but when It comes its always miserable for me. I get severe cramps, weakness and nausea. My husband stresses me out will all his angry and negativity in general. Hes just a negative pessimistic person. Plus he never helps me do anything. I try to keep my energy guards up, buts hard when its so personal. School is stressing me out. I never have time for anything Its a situation where I normally I would say don't complain, fix it, but I don't really have any way to change anything right now, as everything that I have going on is necessary.

Sorry for the ranting and raving but I had to let it all out! In spite of all the negatives right now I am always very grateful for each day and opportunities that I have. I haven't meditated in a long time, or spent time outside, so I am guessing that is why I am so thrown off and mentally weak right now. I am also grateful for this group especially It keeps me on track
Old 03-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #112
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Vella, I'm so sorry things have been such a mess for you lately. The inspection and the rent check troubles are at least one-time events, so they are over and done now. School goes on...... but it is worth it in the long run. What are you studying and what do you want to do?

Danielle, I am a big believer is changing things up if we need to. Not every plan is for every body, and even if it was right before it doesn't mean it still is. Do whatcha gotta do.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:03 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!

Danielle, good for you to be willing to change things up and try something new!! Sometimes that's exactly what we need to refocus our priorities.

LaVella, Oh my goodness you HAVE been through it lately!! I think it's awesome that you held your ground and did NOT cheat despite the amazing amount of stress, you should be very proud of that accomplishment! Yes the 24 hour notice and rent issue are always frustrating. Hopefully the landlord waived any late fee's. I know at my properties the late fees are automatically billed, but if someone had a circumstance like yours and they bring me the envelope showing that it had been mailed and the post office or bank screwed up then I have the ability to go in and waive those late fee's.....it's worth a try anyway! I hope thing's settle down for you and this week is calmer!

Good morning Gina!

How's everyone else doing?? Everything's good here, going dairy free definitely jumpstarted my weightloss again, I am excited for my official Sunday weigh in!

Have a great day kids!!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning ladies!

LaVella, Oh my goodness you HAVE been through it lately!! I think it's awesome that you held your ground and did NOT cheat despite the amazing amount of stress, you should be very proud of that accomplishment! Yes the 24 hour notice and rent issue are always frustrating. Hopefully the landlord waived any late fee's. I know at my properties the late fees are automatically billed, but if someone had a circumstance like yours and they bring me the envelope showing that it had been mailed and the post office or bank screwed up then I have the ability to go in and waive those late fee's.....it's worth a try anyway! I hope thing's settle down for you and this week is calmer!

How's everyone else doing?? Everything's good here, going dairy free definitely jumpstarted my weightloss again, I am excited for my official Sunday weigh in!

Have a great day kids!!
I wish they would just deduct it automatically from my account, instead of having us mail it in. They didn't charge us a late fee, but I did have to pay a fee to have the first money order cancelled.

Dairy free! Oh man there is no way I can do low carb dairy free lol. Its the only reason I can maintain it. I really wanted to try it, to if my weight lose would pick up faster. I am trying to cut down on it though.

Yesterday I discovered that I have been eating more carbs than I thought. I love onions, so I eat them all day with different foods. Had no clue they were so high in carbs! And the same with different bell peppers. I keep thinking I am eating less than 10 grams, chances are I am eating about 15-20 depending on what I eat that day. I need to go back to tracking my carbs, and do some research on veggies.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
I wish they would just deduct it automatically from my account, instead of having us mail it in. They didn't charge us a late fee, but I did have to pay a fee to have the first money order cancelled.

Dairy free! Oh man there is no way I can do low carb dairy free lol. Its the only reason I can maintain it. I really wanted to try it, to if my weight lose would pick up faster. I am trying to cut down on it though.

Yesterday I discovered that I have been eating more carbs than I thought. I love onions, so I eat them all day with different foods. Had no clue they were so high in carbs! And the same with different bell peppers. I keep thinking I am eating less than 10 grams, chances are I am eating about 15-20 depending on what I eat that day. I need to go back to tracking my carbs, and do some research on veggies.
You know, I thought the same exact thing up until the past few days. Then the more I read about dairy the more convinced I was that I needed to give this a shot. It's been so much easier than I expected. If you're thinking about it even a little let me share with you what I've learned:

1) I keep butter in, because a lot of folks consider butter more of a "Fat" than dairy because of it's extremely high fat content.
2) I have found coconut cream to be an AMAZING replacement for HWC and it's lower in calories. I have been using it in everything that I ever used HWC for and find it works beautifully and surprisingly does not taste of coconut.
3) I found a fabulous dairy free replacement for cream cheese at Trader Joes, and this weekend I want to check Sprouts, because I've read about one made by Tofutti that comes in flavors and has rave reviews.
4) in 3 days I have lost nearly 3 full pounds and the ONLY thing I've done different is remove the dairy.

I haven't yet been brave enough to try the dairy free shredded cheeses, but so far I haven't really felt the need to.....though I am researching them to see which are the most favorably reviewed. The same thing with sour cream. I'll let you know what I find about them.

Personally I think you're doing an AMAZING job and hanging in there despite very strenuous challenges.....you rock!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vella_marie View Post
I'm glad they didn't charge you a late fee, banks are a whole different story! As for auto-deduct, I get asked about that a lot too from my residents, and I wish we could....turns out California has some really funky laws about how we can and can NOT accept rent payments!! I was in property management in AZ and they were a lot easier about a lot of things!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #117
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I am another dairy-freer here. Without dairy I can breathe freely. It took some getting used to, and I was very for a while, but I am doing OK with it. That oxygen is precious.

I picked up some of the cream cheese and it is good. I bought some almond milk cheddar cheese at Whole Foods and it was OK. I wouldn't eat a chunk of it, but I think it is good enough to melt on something.

I use a lot of coconut cream too.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am another dairy-freer here. Without dairy I can breathe freely. It took some getting used to, and I was very for a while, but I am doing OK with it. That oxygen is precious.

I picked up some of the cream cheese and it is good. I bought some almond milk cheddar cheese at Whole Foods and it was OK. I wouldn't eat a chunk of it, but I think it is good enough to melt on something.

I use a lot of coconut cream too.
I thought about getting some of that cheese....I'll have to take a look at Sprouts and see what they have to offer. I read about the Tofutti on a dairy free blog, I'm anxious to give that a whirl. My biggest dairy addiction was the HWC and the cream cheese muffins.....if this cream cheese does well for making cream cheese muffins then I'm golden!!! I did put some of the DF cream cheese on my flax muffins this morning and it was quite good! Has the ringing in your ears subsided again?
Old 03-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #119
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I thought about getting some of that cheese....I'll have to take a look at Sprouts and see what they have to offer. I read about the Tofutti on a dairy free blog, I'm anxious to give that a whirl. My biggest dairy addiction was the HWC and the cream cheese muffins.....if this cream cheese does well for making cream cheese muffins then I'm golden!!! I did put some of the DF cream cheese on my flax muffins this morning and it was quite good! Has the ringing in your ears subsided again?
Yes it has. There was a little bit when I went to bed last night, but nothing like it was before.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Tammy~ I'm so glad that you've found some great things to sub your dairy with!! Wow, 3 whole pounds, I couldn't even fathom! Would coconut cream work well in coffee? Or to do a BPC with?

Gina~ sounds like a fun time with your friends

Vella~ you've got a lot on your plate for sure! Hang in there, hon Crazy about the rent check!! Here in AZ we turn in a check and they run it and it deposits immediately...kinda nice, but kinda a bummer

Well, it looks like I'm pretty set to begin induction style eating tomorrow... so strange to go shopping for butter and eggs...and I'd be remiss if I didn't share that I had a tad bit of excitement at the chance to be able to buy some bacon I'm a tad rusty at Atkins-style eating, it's been awhile but I'm sure it'll all come back to me.. I'm browsing through my book this weekend to brush up on things and remind myself that I am making a good choice by going back to this.. What I DO know is that ultra low calorie counting plans do not work for me