Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
Checking in Week 1: Start weight: 244.8

Weight is down to 242.0. Finally ate on plan all day! No exercise yet though. Will start today!

Woo Hoo!!! That first day is the hardest!! You made it!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
I'm going to follow from the sideline. I'm horrible at checking in, but I need the motivation!
Don't be a stranger, though, pop in and say "hi" once in a while!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Just checking in, I have ate on plan so far today.

Breakfast- protein shake
Lunch- baked pork chop, a little of a ham croissant, a little fruit. But I am starting to get hungry. I am going to drink lots of water and see if that helps.
Dinner- not sure yet.

Exercise- Getting ready to walk the stairs at work.
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

I have exercised twice today and ate on plan. 3 points today. Yeahhhhh!!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Checking in Week 1: Start weight: 244.8

I ate on plan today. Today is the day before Mardi Gras. We went to the mall to see the second line parade. Does walking in the mall count as exercise? I am babysitting my granddaughter. Again does that count as exercise? - she is at the terrible two stage and does not stop moving or talking. I did not formally exercise so I won't claim it yet.

3/3: 1 point
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #36
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/206/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
OK, I want back in.

I made it about 6 weeks into the last CTC and faded away. I wound up not losing anything. I always blame work being busy, but guess what, work will always be busy. That's why they call it work I suppose and I have to just CTC!
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
If you walked for any length of time at the mall I would totally count that as exercise!!

Day 2 food was totally on plan, no exercise due to a 10 hour work day.....does a 10 hour work day count as exercise?? Just kidding, this 10 hour day was largely spent at the computer....no exercise here!

Hope everyone had a great Monday!!!!
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Hey ladies!

I thought my post went through yesterday but I wasn't sure, since my tablet was going super slow, I didn't stay up long enough to check it again.

Name: LaVella
Challenge Goals: To lose another 20-30 pounds since I lost 20 on the last one. To exercise more in spite of my schedule and I need to drink more water.
What makes you smile: My three furchildren, people who's kindness shows in their actions, my friends and family.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vella_marie
Stats: 334.4/315/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2014
I weighed in at 306.2 yesterday. Still not under 300 But I know I will be after this challenge for sure. I went a whole week without losing but at least I didn't gain. I also didn't exercise during our break from last challenge to this one I started Spring semester last Monday so I have been so unbelievably busy. I have 5 classes plus clinicals at an emergency animal clinic, so with 17 units, plus my other commitments its only been one week and I already feel extremely stressed out. I am taking a PE class so I have to workout at least 3.5 hours a week and on two different days so that way I have to exercise. I also need to do exercise at home though. I love my walk away the pounds videos, but I know its going to sounds crazy, but I honestly do not have an extra hour in my day some days to exercise, so I need to find something that is effective but not as long.

Good news is that I started on 1/3 and haven't cheated or slipped up once with my eating. It has kind of become my own challenge. 100 days at least with no cheating. And this challenge is perfect because it end right before my birthday.
vella_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #40
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
I had a great day yesterday! Today has been good so far but need to get some exercise in before bed. Work was a disaster w the weather bad all around the country... I am glad to see all these familiar faces!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:47 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/216.8/214 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, LC/MC, exercise
Will post more once I get access to computer...posting on phone can be tedious. Lol.

Was on vacay, then got sick upon returning home, then had wedding to attend Saturday. Ready to start this new challenge with you all!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:20 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I shall get round to posting some goals. Time, eh, where does it go.

On a separate note, a young friend was diagnosed with leukaemia 2 years ago this month. It was diagnosed very late and it was only a moderate prognosis.

Anyway, progress has been exemplary and the chemotherapy is now officially finished and there's been no remission.

So, from tonight, I'm away until late Thursday/Friday attending an impromptu celebration. (It's in a fairly remote area so the signal can't be relied upon.) I should be able to check-in by the weekend.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!!

LaVella, you will most surely lose another 20 pounds this challenge.....you're on a roll sister!!!

Tyl, The weather has been crazy just about everywhere!!! Good for you getting in the exercise!! Want to hear something FUNNY? My online food journal tracks all my food as well activity.....it of course has a million pre-populated options for everything to make life easier. One of the exercise option it offers up....."Intimate" activity!! I showed my husband and he said "Don't you dare log that info....what goes out on the internet stays on the internet and we don't need the NSA tracking how often we do it!"

JG, hi there!!! Sorry you've been sick....you've had a lot going on!! This challenge is perfect timing for you!

Slowsure, so happy you're celebrating!!!

Well kids, I survived Monday, had to work a 10 hour day, but we made it through and my eating was on plan. I have no idea what my menu will be like today, DD and her fiancé are coming over again today, so they may want to go out. We shall see. I can tell you that whatever I DO eat will be on plan!! My stats for yesterday were excellent and pretty typical, I had 1114 calories 77% Fat / 44% Protein / 1% Carb.......I expect that today will be pretty comparable.

Have a great day!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145

Last edited by ladyboss7; 03-04-2014 at 08:26 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Popping on real quick on my way out the door...I am alive

Been a rough week and a half for me. Been struggling with a lot emotionally regarding my weightloss journey. I needed time to just breathe and figure out which way I want to go. Paying attention to the emotional & mental aspect of this journey has been a tough road but something that I committed to doing when I began last September. I know how to lose weight *quick* I've done it a million times but I want more. I want to know who I am inside & out and understand the whys of what propels me to want to eat when things get hard, etc. I want to own the entire journey through and through. This way I know that it will be a lifelong lifestyle where I know I will finally be able to keep the weight off.

On that note, I am ready to CTC and get this show on the road!

Scale is up but I don't care. I'm thinking most of its water gain. It is what it is and at least I know each day I will be making strides to an overall healthier me.

Oops gotta run! The hubb's is growing impatient by the door BBL!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #45
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Good morning ladies!!

LaVella, you will most surely lose another 20 pounds this challenge.....you're on a roll sister!!!

Tyl, The weather has been crazy just about everywhere!!! Good for you getting in the exercise!! Want to hear something FUNNY? My online food journal tracks all my food as well activity.....it of course has a million pre-populated options for everything to make life easier. One of the exercise option it offers up....."Intimate" activity!! I showed my husband and he said "Don't you dare log that info....what goes out on the internet stays on the internet and we don't need the NSA tracking how often we do it!"

Well kids, I survived Monday, had to work a 10 hour day, but we made it through and my eating was on plan. I have no idea what my menu will be like today, DD and her fiancé are coming over again today, so they may want to go out. We shall see. I can tell you that whatever I DO eat will be on plan!! My stats for yesterday were excellent and pretty typical, I had 1114 calories 77% Fat / 44% Protein / 1% Carb.......I expect that today will be pretty comparable.

Have a great day!!!
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that IS a funny story! love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I shall get round to posting some goals. Time, eh, where does it go.

On a separate note, a young friend was diagnosed with leukaemia 2 years ago this month. It was diagnosed very late and it was only a moderate prognosis.

Anyway, progress has been exemplary and the chemotherapy is now officially finished and there's been no remission.

So, from tonight, I'm away until late Thursday/Friday attending an impromptu celebration. (It's in a fairly remote area so the signal can't be relied upon.) I should be able to check-in by the weekend.
Enjoy your celebration! See you when you get back! So tough when your friends (esp the young ones) go through some of these medical issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Will post more once I get access to computer...posting on phone can be tedious. Lol.

Was on vacay, then got sick upon returning home, then had wedding to attend Saturday. Ready to start this new challenge with you all!
Pal's back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Popping on real quick on my way out the door...I am alive

Been a rough week and a half for me. Been struggling with a lot emotionally regarding my weightloss journey. I needed time to just breathe and figure out which way I want to go. Paying attention to the emotional & mental aspect of this journey has been a tough road but something that I committed to doing when I began last September. I know how to lose weight *quick* I've done it a million times but I want more. I want to know who I am inside & out and understand the whys of what propels me to want to eat when things get hard, etc. I want to own the entire journey through and through. This way I know that it will be a lifelong lifestyle where I know I will finally be able to keep the weight off.

On that note, I am ready to CTC and get this show on the road!

Scale is up but I don't care. I'm thinking most of its water gain. It is what it is and at least I know each day I will be making strides to an overall healthier me.

Oops gotta run! The hubb's is growing impatient by the door BBL!
I get it! I am spending more time focusing on the internal stuff too... I know I mentioned it in the previous challenge...but that book i'm reading has lots of great exercises to do...over time... that I really think is powerful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
Yes, actually, I do! Do it consistently on a daily basis, (Maybe add some hand weights as it starts getting easier) and I am sure you will see results!
So my callentics dvd only has that one exercise for arms--the hundred reps--and that's it...I can do that daily...maybe even twice a day.. but also found a dvd with handweights with a 10 min arms workout...so i'm gonna do that 3 days a week. Hopefully my after pictures will show a noticeable difference. *fingers crossed*

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Week 1: Start weight: 244.8
3/4: 1 point

Mardi Gras was a complete washout literally. It has been raining since 9:00 this morning non stop. It would not have been too bad but it is also 38 degrees. I wanted our foreign exchange student to experience it but that is just too cold and wet for me. About 60 miles to the north, they were closing the interstate and experiencing snow flurries. This is the coldest Mardi Gras in history.

Lent starts tomorrow. I will be fasting tomorrow and having fish for dinner. I am not one for giving up anything but actually am one to add something that I don't normally do. Exercise will be my added activity.

My husband is going to start tomorrow as well. He has Parkinsons and he needs to do something to make his walking easier. In addition, we had a friends daughter lose her fiance who died from being overweight. He had heart trouble that was not diagnosed yet. My husband also has heart trouble as well and I think that this was a wake up call to him to change.

I ate on plan today although we ate out and I did not journal my exact amounts. Grilled chicken, broccoli, and a salad with Caesar dressing.

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
Old 03-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post

So my callentics dvd only has that one exercise for arms--the hundred reps--and that's it...I can do that daily...maybe even twice a day.. but also found a dvd with handweights with a 10 min arms workout...so i'm gonna do that 3 days a week. Hopefully my after pictures will show a noticeable difference. *fingers crossed*
Hey, Tyl,
I did my Callanetics workout yesterday, (with just the one arm exercise) and my arms are SCREAMIN' sore I'm going to add that one exercise (during the CTC challenge) to whatever else I do every day, and see how much I can trim off of my upper arms... If memory serves, my arms are 14"... might be kind of fun to see what happens!

Callan Pinckney said once that after she did her waist exercise for 30 days, she lost 1 inch in her waistline! (you know the one where you bend over to the side really far and pulse for 100 counts) I have seen really great results when I do Callanetics consistently, so I do believe there's a lot of merit to that!

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
Old 03-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

We're All Kickin' Butt and Takin' Names :-)

Alright! Great to see everybody is doing so good today!

Jayce: So glad to see you!! Your avitar pic looks awesome! Are you sure you've posted your weight right? You look like you weigh under 150!

Gina: Yay!! Good that you've come back to give it another try. I know how it is to work so much... one time, I did wall push-ups and plies in the large bathroom stall at work so I could get some exercise in!

LaVella: Wow, Girl, you have a super challenge this semester! Good that you have PE so you can get some exercise in, though. Try to be realistic, and not get too hard on yourself! There is, after all, only so much you can do each day, and you have a lot on your plate!

Cathy: Great job on the success with all the family responsibility!

Kiki: Way to go getting two workouts in today!

Tammy: that story is hilarious! I think if I would have admitted that to my husband, he'd probably get me to "exercise" with him every night!

Dani: I TOTALLY relate with what you're going through. The "reason why I do what I do" has been occupying a good deal of my energy as well. I found some books very helpful:

"The 4-Day Win" by Martha Beck
"If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight?" by Brooke Castillo
"The Happiness Trap" by Russ Harris

I'm reading the 3rd one right now. It's more of a help for life in general, than specifically for weight loss.

I think this issue is really key--I too, have lost and gained a million times, and finally came to terms with the fact that I use food improperly-- to "de-stress", or "zone out" when I'm down. I've had these bad habits all of my life and it's a difficult journey to come to terms with the psychology side of it! Hopefully, we can come up with the answers together!!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #49
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstmitch View Post
Hey, Tyl,
I did my Callanetics workout yesterday, (with just the one arm exercise) and my arms are SCREAMIN' sore I'm going to add that one exercise (during the CTC challenge) to whatever else I do every day, and see how much I can trim off of my upper arms... If memory serves, my arms are 14"... might be kind of fun to see what happens!

Callan Pinckney said once that after she did her waist exercise for 30 days, she lost 1 inch in her waistline! (you know the one where you bend over to the side really far and pulse for 100 counts) I have seen really great results when I do Callanetics consistently, so I do believe there's a lot of merit to that!
Alright! I'm gonna do them everyday...gotta see if I can find a tape measure!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #50
Tyl

Day two of callenetics arms done... Rest day from real exercise...so far 3 clean eating days and two days of real exercise!
Old 03-05-2014, 04:11 AM   #51
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning!!!

Anyone have any good recipes they're willing to share? I need to try something different.
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/216.8/214 MG# 1
WOE: Food logging, LC/MC, exercise
Good morning, ladies!

Standing at 215.0-215.2 right now, which I'm happy with since my weight was up after vacation & I've lost some bloat...Lol. Looking to get back to 213 as my mini-goal, then get under 210!!!

Tammy, thanks for the welcome. Luckily, I wasn't sick for long, so that was a good thing. I've usually got congestion going on, but I have sinus issues. Mucinex has seemed to help. Oh, btw -- that "intimate activity" for calorie burn thing is hilarious!

Tracy, girllll...I can't even remember the last time I saw under 150 lbs. I would start looking like a bobble-head doll at that point...haha! Thank you though! Most of my weight is in my hips, thighs, and butt. It takes awhile to budge down there! Smh...

Tyl, Hey Pal!!! What's good???

Cle, what you cooking? Lol. I made Linda Sue's White Castle pie last night, which the kids like. I like it too, but it gives me heartburn (I think from the Lipton onion soup mix).

Dani, your honesty & self-reflection will get you a long way on this journey. I love the motivational quotes you're always posting in your journal...you've got this, girl!

Hello to everyone else! Looking forward to making progress with you all.

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done. --Bruce Lee

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. --Bill Cosby

Last edited by Jayce; 03-05-2014 at 06:30 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies!

Well CTC is rolling on and everyone is doing so great!!!!

I forgot all about Callanetics...thanks for the reminder....I really need to focus on toning my arms....they're one of my biggest problem spots and ALL of the dresses I'm finding for DD's wedding are short sleeved or sleeveless....I can NOT have these awful flabby bat wings in her wedding photos! I need to really work on this and see if I can possibly tone them up in time!

Ohhhh, I love sharing recipes!! What kind are you looking for??? I made a lovely flat iron steak the other night....it's one of DH's favorites and I love flat iron steak because it's so inexpensive but cooks up very well!! Here's how I make mine:

Tenderize and generously season 1 flat iron steak with Tony Cacherie Cajun seasoning. In a large cast iron skillet melt approx. 1/2 stick of butter and sautee up some minced garlic (as much as you like) get the skillet good and hot, add the steak and quickly sear both sides. Turn the heat down, slice the remaining stick of butter and put half of it on top of the steak, cover with the lid and let cook for a few minutes. Turn the steak over, put the rest of the butter on that side, cover with a lid and finish cooking until it's done to your likeness. (totally cooking time is approx. 15 - 20 min for medium - medium well) Once the steak is done to your likeness put it on a platter and cover with lid to rest for a few minutes. While the steak is resting stir the remaining drippings in the pan and add a little water if needed to have enough juice in the pan to thicken for gravy. I thicken my gravy with a little cornstarch and water. Once the gravy is done, slice the steak into strips and cover with the gravy. If you enjoy steak, you WILL like this!!!

Well I'd better get back to work....I'll check in later!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Tyl, JG, Tracy,--THANK YOU for the support! It's always been super hard for me to be honest with my feelings in the past...so much easier to live in denial, right? Lately, I find that I'm unable to "lie to myself" much anymore...I guess this is what they'd call growth?

Had a perfect on plan day yesterday...I even got in 10 min. of hula-hooping. I suck really bad at it but I'm trying! If anything it's great for hysterical laughter while I'm doing it. That burns calories, right?

Today's been great so far. I met my 1 gallon water goal at 2pm today so I'm happy about that. Tonight is steak & salad and I can't wait
More *hooping* on the horizon for tonight while I watch True Detective.... anyone watch this, I LOVE it! Dark and mysterious...

Anywho, ladies keep up the great work here! I love coming here and feeling inspired by all the change and motivation that is happening.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Morning!!!

Anyone have any good recipes they're willing to share? I need to try something different.
This is one of my husband and my favorite recipes of all time! Although, we love Thai food...
It's a Thai-chicken satay recipe, and you dip the chicken in peanut sauce. (the peanut sauce is spicy) There is a link for the peanut sauce recipe in this page:
CHICKEN SATAY - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

So if you like Thai, you will love this!

There are also literally hundreds of other recipes on that site--I always go there to find recipes if I'm in the need for ideas.

Last edited by mrstmitch; 03-05-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #56
Tyl

My arms my arms..... Sore! Tammy do the arm exercises...we will be batwing free!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:47 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Week 1: Start weight: 244.8
3/4: 1 point
3/5: 1 point - Ate on plan
Old 03-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Checking in..... weighed in at 215. Glad about that.

Breakfast: 2 turkey bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, a piece of toast.
Lunch: chick fi la sandwich, orange at some point

Will run stairs at some point in a few minutes.

Kiki
Old 03-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #59
Tyl

So I decided to change up my workout....ummm cardio kickboxing... I am sore!

How is the crapfree living going folks?
Old 03-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #60

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Hi Ladies!!

Popping in to say hello and to everyone for getting through the last challenge! Life got a little busy for me causing me to not check in. I was thinking about his group tho! Keep rocking!
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote