Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Watching the Doctors show-they are giving a woman a treatment where they are melting fat--2 and 3/4 inches of fat can be melted in 4 treatments--just laying a band thingy over her belly --I want it!!! quiet and no pain-like a heating pad! I could have a years worth of treatment and be happy! they didn't say what it costs! probably high!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
ok-does photobucket actually have an app? I am confused-I have a photobucket acct-but I have forgotten how to get it from my phone to photobucket-duh-can you give me that one more time and I will print it out-promise! there seems like there should be an easy way to just post it from phone to here without all that in between stuff? especially with technology and all? just when you have time--not now-
Yes there is a photobucket app and it's free. If you don't want the app, you need to email the picture from your phone to your email account on your computer. Then upload it to your computer from the email. Once you have it saved on your computer, then you can just upload it into your photobucket account. Then you use the line they provide to copy/paste the pic into a post here.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:20 AM   #213

T takes his meds in the a.m. That is what our DR suggested. Thus far they haven't made him sleepy, but he has had some tummy issues AND a decrease in appetite. That isn't all bad.

Jeanne - T has done his fair share of screaming at us. Thankfully he likes to argue (DEBATE) so he would stay in there and just FIGHT! We would always talk quietly back to him and ask him not to yell.

We found a compromise with school too. We asked him if we were able to help him graduate a full year early, if he would be willing to stay in school where he is. He was all about that. We have done the math and such with his classes, he may have to take 3 or 4 online or outside of the normal schedule but that is all. HE should truly have no issues graduating early. His electives have been solid classes, nothing really blow off at all. He was very happy. I have already emailed his councelor asking how we can help him make this happen. He still wants to work towards Pre-admission into Vet school too. That is something you apply for by September 1st of your freshman year of college. We even checked the requirements at Kstate and they seem to support him and early graduation!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #214

T smiled more last night than I have seen in months. Maybe we have found a workable solution.

Jeanne - I have never heard of that treatment. I am sure it is expensive!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #215

I have a good LC day yesterday. I made some Cauli-mac/cheese. YUM!!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

That is so good to hear about T! makes me smile! hopefully all is going to work out well if he can graduate early--sounds like a goal for all to work towards will make the difference! I can just imagine the debater in him going at it when he can get upset!!! I wouldn't want to deal with that either!

Ok-I put photobucket app on my phone-now is there an easy way to get the pics from the phone to posting them here? I sure hope so--that is really what I want-I love the easy way having pictures taken so easily on my phone-now to have an easy way to share them would be great-I really need to learn more with my phone when I have time too-I found the place to read on my phone where you learn about it-Bill is even showing ME stuff now-he loves his--the guys at work show him!!

Jeanne
Old 04-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/107/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi girls, just a quick hello.

Michelle wish I could have some of your snow!! I hate the heat about as much as you do the snow. It is never green here, just brown and olive. My yard has deep cracks in it, not to mention my whole house. (yes we have done foundation repair) I joke...but I truly believe I am allergic to the sun. I have never tanned in my life. I am white or red. And being out in the sun always makes me sick. really, can't win.

Monica hugs....times like this you wish they were little again. I have 4 kids and they are all different. Some just blow stuff off and keep going. Then there are those that just get hung up on "stuff". Hugs again I know you and D will make the right decisions.

Jeanne!! How are you? Take good care of Bill. Wow that is alot of teeth stuff. Hope he is feeling better.

I'm still sorta doing WW. Loving all the food. Still working for my CPA, and I do eat a lot of office crap. But I know I won't be there long.....so that's my excuse. I need to get serious, for me, for now it's a good fit.

GTG think of you all often, and wishing all of you the very best.

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #218

Jeanne - should be an easy way to upload to it. I will download the app and try it out for you. Then I can walk you through it.

Anna - Almost done with tax season girl! Do you wrap up completely on 04/15????

T is now set on a 3 year plan at high school. Graduating in 05/2016! Now that it is all in place, it scares the crap out of me. DD12 was goofing at school (it was allowed as they had testing all day) and ran backwards and shoved her tailbone into the corner of a desk.....poor girl. She was so looking forward to the start of softball season. Last night she did 45 minutes with volleyball practice (thank you GOD that is done on Sunday) and then did a scrimmage game with softball. She runs funny and bends over funny. I am sure it is just bruised, but man, it is a BAD SPOT to bruise. My tail bone, when I was in 8th grade a girl shoved me into a LOCK, the turn nod part....it totally chipped off the bottom of is. I STILL have issues with it. They say your tailbone doesn't grow fully until your 30's. Let's just say, I will always be screwed when it comes to that. HOpefully DD12 didn't injure herself too badly with it. Pray for a bruise!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--don't worry girl about downloading that app--I will try it when I find the time and play with it--I have photobucket on my computer--I will just play with that--no problem--forget it--you have way too much on your agenda right now to mess with my stuff--I mean it--forget it!!!

That tailbone stuff is not fun--I have issues too--I had to have an injection in mine-I didn't know I was going to have an injection or I wouldn't have gone--but anyway I had the sore tailbone thing going on-I guess they can flare up-and the doc injected steroid there--took care of it-and that hasn't happened again-but I do have a area of my body that has no fat--my rear-and I can't sit on hard chairs or metal--my tailbone doesn't have any coverage--I use a foam pad if I go anywhere to the kids games etc. --so I understand --I have even heard people who have had that little part of their tailbone removed--ouch!! Poor kid!! rubber ring time maybe???

Anna--so glad you checked it!!! tax season is a killer I know-my friend Sharon barely comes up for air!!! hang in there! hope to see you more when you get done-WTG on WW! I wish I could stick to something-I am still being bad to the bone-not sure what is going on with me-I just can't get started-the more I stress about it-the more I eat!

time to get busy-I was going to run errands today but Cassidy took my car-hers wouldn't start this morning! so I am hanging at home-works for me since we have had rain all day!! I don't like getting out in the rain anyway!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like the plan for T is all worked out and settled! it's a good thing to have him on the road with a plan with a future to work towards!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
That tailbone stuff is not fun--I have issues too--I had to have an injection in mine-I didn't know I was going to have an injection or I wouldn't have gone--but anyway I had the sore tailbone thing going on-I guess they can flare up-and the doc injected steroid there--took care of it-and that hasn't happened again-but I do have a area of my body that has no fat--my rear-and I can't sit on hard chairs or metal--my tailbone doesn't have any coverage--I use a foam pad if I go anywhere to the kids games etc. --so I understand --I have even heard people who have had that little part of their tailbone removed--ouch!! Poor kid!! rubber ring time maybe???
She won't use the ring...TOO Embarrassing!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #222

Jeanne was yours an injury to your tailbone or just lack of padding cauing the issue?
Old 04-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Wow I have tail bone issues too. It seems like we all do...how strange. Mine was a fall right on the back of a chair when I was standing on it and fell. It has never really healed. When I got down to 162 lbs it really acted up then, but as I put the weight back on the pain was much less.

Not much new here. Gave blood last night so I am quite tired today. Oh and Twinkle was up every 1 1/2 hours over night. So no sleep either. Hope tonight is better but I don't see why it would be.

I do our own taxes. I guess I should get to that this weekend. I just use a computer program. Works great and is easy and fast. We make so little that a refund is guaranteed. So I really should get off my butt and get that done.

Oh well.... a nap is necessary so I must go. Good night ladies.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #224

Hopefully last night was better Michelle! I could not manage up that often in the night!

It's FRIDAY - EVE !!!! WOOHOO!!! Super busy weekend for us. Friday night softball games, Saturday morning I am heading out with a friend, Saturday night softball games, Sunday volleyball all day!!! Then Sunday night T has to go to the Mystery Mission Trip Meeting. Did I mention that here? T is going on a 8 day Mystery Mission trip with 80 other Teens this summer. It is put on by 3 churches. They will have no idea where they are going from day to day! FUN!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:33 AM   #225

Weighed this morning, back up to 175! GRRRR I am sure it is the weekend slips. I will stay LC till Easter weekend, then I will switch back to JUDDD!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't have any injury-it was just a inflammation that happens for some reason-I have never had it again--now I just have no padding but have never had that inflammation ever thank goodness! the steroid shot was many many years ago when I was thin-probably 40 years ago.

Sounds like a busy weekend Monica-I will be going to the grand march to watch Cassidy at one of her proms Saturday nite-I think they are coming here first for pictures on our porch and stairs that evening? I want to go to a Home show on Sunday-I hope to convinve Bill to go?

Michelle-Sorry about the lack of sleep-that would kill me-hope that will eventually work itself out and they find something that works for her.

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-03-2014 at 07:17 AM..
Old 04-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

OMG!!!!!!She slept from 11:30 to 6:15 this morning. I can't believe it. So I sit here now going what's wrong with her???????Hopefully nothing and she enjoyed sleeping and wants to do it again tonight!!!!!!

Monica----My middle name is weekend slips. With all the stress you've been under lately, no wonder. But as things settle down now that T. has a plan maybe the stress will dissipate and you can get back on track.

I am off to work now. Won't know how to behave now that I slept. I probably won't nap at my desk, I guess LOL.

Have a great day girls.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #228

OH Michelle that is great news! SEE she has it in her. She just needs to do that more often!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #229

It's FRIDAY Ladies! I am TIRED and we have softball till late tonight. Games at 6:00 and 9:00! I think Dennis is staying home to hang with T. SO me/H will FREEZE at the fields! I have a blanket, winter coat, gloves and plan to grab my scarf and such on the way out! Games tomorrow night too, then all day Sunday volleyball! Last volleyball games for the season. I AM READY! No need to keep toggling 2 sports with the girl.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Our power has been out for a coupe of hours-thank goodness for the phone! can't do anything without power-it must be the wind causing the issue? getting ready to go to my job-this rain has caused everything to green up-it looks like spring out there-everything turned green overnite!! Hang on Michelle-spring is coming for you too!! stay warm Monica--I think next week we are back into the 60s

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-04-2014 at 10:17 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

well it snowed here this morning. No spring in sight here. Darn It! What I wouldn't give to see a flower or a green piece of grass.

Well Twinkle went back to her old ways last night.We went to bed at 10Pm and she was Up at 11:15, 1:15, 3:30, and then at 6AM. I think a sleeping pill is in order for her!!!!!

I agreed to day to take in two more foster dogs but only for next weekend. The foster mom is going away and needed a doggy sitter. So we are getting two border collie mixes next Friday til Monday. They are 13 years old. I think it will be fun. If I have to be awake for Twinkle I might as well have more to care for.

Jeanne---is your power back on?

Monica---- You have the stamina of a 20 year old. I am so jealous! Have a great time at the games and keep warm. Go H. Go!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:27 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I hope they will wear her out and they all will sleep thru the nite this weekend? good luck! you are such a good mommy!!

Our power came back on! I am hoping to do some baking today--then it is Cassidy's prom-I guess I am lucky-they want to do pictures here-so I will get to see them for sure!

the sun is finally shining after 3-4 days of rain-we have flood warnings out and the river is out of its banks-our pond is overflowing too-hate that

Get some rest Monica! if you can!
Old 04-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Enjoy your sun Jeanne. I swear I am solar powered and when it doesn't shine...neither do I.

How is Bill doing now? Mouth feeling any better?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls-I really thought we would head to the home show today-but my body gave out yesterday-my sciatica isn't good-Chris and Cassidy's boyfriend pulled me up onto the bleachers at the gym for the grand march-I didn't think I could make it! my age is showing! We went to the park first yesterday where a bunch of the kids were getting pictures-then they took off in the limo to go to a big bank here where they opened to allow pics on their staircase-they later we went to the grand march-I made it home about 8:30--Bill only went to the pics and didn't make it to the grand march! I never saw so many beautiful dresses in all my life-I know some had to cost 1000 --how do parents afford to do all this is beyond me--I am thankful I don't have kids now! I couldn't afford them! It was strange having Cassidy's current boyfriend with us while the boy she went to the prom with was just a friend and he was fine with the boyfriend joining in with pictures too-I didn't dress for pictures-I dressed for warmth-it was cold! the girls were freezing! Cassidy looked beautiful--makes me realize how fast she has grown up-and how old I am! I will try to share pics later!

Michelle-I am the same way with the weather--as soon as the sun comes out-I feel better-when we used to go Florida to see the kids in the winter--I felt like a new person--the sun and warmth make me feel wonderful! it makes a difference-I couldn't live in Alaska with no sun for half the year--I would be depressed horribly!.

I am going to bake for sure this afternoon-I have crackers to try-I have never made crackers before so I am hoping to try that-I think I will have a delayed Easter dinner-Nate and Rachel will be coming home to go to Cassidys next prom-that one is with the boyfriend at HER school so we will all be able to go to that grand march so I will cook a big dinner then and we can all be together.

I think I am going to have to break down and see a chiropractor for the sciatica-It has been going on for two plus years off and on flaring up-I just hate making appts for me since it seems I go to the doctor all the time with mom! I need to start making some of my own and getting more things done for me too I guess?
Old 04-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Old 04-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Old 04-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

What a beautiful granddaughter, Jeanne. She is drop down gorgeous. Takes after her grandma.

Yes make the appt. with the chiro. You have to take care of that sciatica. It is so painful.

Where's the funny pic of Bill you wanted to show us?
Old 04-07-2014, 01:25 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

I think she is beautiful too-she just looked like a princess-I was so proud! we have another one to go-that dress is black and is a little too risqué for my taste but she got it-I much prefer the this style--thanks.

Bill looks funny-thank goodness he is almost back to normal now a week later--you never know when a butterfly and kitty will come in handy!!

wow-that is one big picture-sorry to scare you!!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Bill looks so happy that you took that picture.LOL
Old 04-07-2014, 07:45 AM   #240

Look at you go Jeanne, you PIC posting fool! Love them all! Cassidy is gorgeous! I can see why you were so glad you got to see her. Why did she have to go with a different boy than her boyfriend? I bet they had a blast! Bill is hilarious!

Michelle - you are too good to take in all those dogs! Such a kind heart you have.

We survived the weekend. Volleyball is now done! YEAH! Now we are 100% into Softball! Fun stuff. It was freezing out there Friday night. I cruched up my shoulders shivering for so long I was sore Saturday! How pathetic is that???

Cloudy again today, hoping to see the sun later!