Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
so very glad to hear this-I am sure you are too-thanks for sharing-will be anxious to hear how this new visit goes
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Hope everything goes well tomorrow. Fingers crossed Monica.

You gals were right.My MIL had congenital heart failure. She is on the mend. Time will tell. She has been told to stop smoking immediately and watch her salt intake.She is fighting this pretty hard. I'm afraid her husband will give in and buy her cigarettes and popcorn twists. He feels bad for her. I don't know how to get it through to him when he says she is 84 why change now! Oh well! I don't take care of myself so I'm not a good example to follow. Off to bed...I'm tired after being at the hospital for 13 hours.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:24 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

My fingers are still crossed Monica. I hope everything goes well for your family today.

Good morning Jeanne how's the wagon today. Does it have a passenger or not? LOL Or at least I think that's a funny joke.

I am taking Twinkle in for another evaluation this morning, I asked them about the medication you brought up Jeanne but they ignored me. They did give her an antibiotic incase it was something they missed but she is exactly the same. So back at it today then off to the hospital.

Later girls.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:05 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

sounds like everyone is busy busy today-getting ready to leave to go to the hospital for me tests today-it will be a long day-too much time scheduled between tests-3pm the last test! Mom always likes to go but I told her it was way too much sitting-she would be hurting and swollen so she is staying home today. I think she was relieved-she is scheduled for almost the same tests next month so I will get the pleasure of doing the same thing again!

Monica-will be thinking about you and the family today

Michelle-hang in there with Twinkle-she is such a cutie pie!

Jeanne
Old 03-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #185
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Yesterday was a better day at our house. Today, I leave work early to take T to Therapist and then the MD that will consider meds for him. Not sure how all that will go, but I will be sitting all afternoon. I brought my Ipad so I can read. There won't be much for me to do but to drive him to both and pay!

Michelle - sorry to hear about MIL. The symptoms sounds like what my Grandma had. I guess at this rate the husband has a point. I am sure she won't enjoy life if she can't smoke or eat what she wants. Let us know how that goes!

Jeanne - thinking of you today! Hopefully you make it through without much issue.

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:15 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls-it feels like I spent the whole day yesterday getting or waiting for tests! I will be glad when I know the results-It is nerve wracking in a way waiting although I don't feel anything is wrong-I asked the tech about my ultrasound but she didn't tell me-naturally-I didn't expect her too-I never have had any problems with my mammograms so don't expect issues there. Just the waiting game.

Monica-anxious to hear about the visits yesterday-hope it went well?

busy day here-and then going to Feed my Sheep this afternoon-I don't get much accomplished since I work there at 1pm now.

have a great day ladies--it's Friday!!! Bill gets his extractions tomorrow!!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #187

yesterday's visits went well. T is now on prozac. I am not sure how it went with his therapist, as he and she work together without me ysterday.

T is determined to do high school online. I was very much against it, but I am finding ways I can compromise with it. I have sent out various emails asking questions. I think T would do well graduating a year early. Be done with all this. The school system has failed him in a lot of ways over the years.....I don't blame him for wanting to be done with it/them all!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-I had reservations when my grandkids changed from the catholic schools and ended up at Barr Reeve-it is up in the amish country but a wonderful school with lots more offerings available-8 miles away and a different school than the one I attended and their father attended and we both graduated from-I didn't say anything and I knew they expected me to throw a fit-but they both have flourished there-Colton was having major issues at school-so it was a good thing to switch in many different ways-he is doing so much better at his new school with new friends-so maybe this is a good thing for T also? I know nothing about doing school online but I am sure he could do it-and at least try it-if it makes him happier-that would be the key-right? I hope Prozac works well for T and you see some benefit in a few weeks. sounds like you have lots more decisions to make-hang in there!
Old 03-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Hi girls.

Monica--- I'm sure you and Dennis and T will make the right decisions when it comes to T's future. He seems like such a smart, determined child and he sure has two parents with good heads on their shoulders. I know nothing about online studies but they hadn't invented online that far back. LOL. Kids can be very cruel and T might do better in a kid free atmosphere.

Jeanne... I think waiting for results is the worst. Your mind always seems to dwell on the negative. But everything will be fine and Feed the Sheep will help keep your body as well as your mind busy and thinking about other stuff. When do you get the results?

My MIL is home now. I went and bought some heart and stroke foundation approved foods to stock their cupboards and fridge. The cost was similar to that first grocery you do when you first move out and have to buy all the little stuff. Salt free this and sodium free that. Also she and him are diabetics so it also had to be sugar free. My mind is spinning after reading all those labels. It took me 2 hours to get through the store. But at least I know they have good food choices to choose from. They also wanted me to buy the nicotine patch for her, so I did. I had to put it on her the minute I walked into the apartment. They made me do that before even putting all the groceries away. Will see. Fingers crossed.

Well I'm beat now and need a nap. I'll talk to you later.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-that was so sweet of you to do that for your MIL and FIL--I am sure that they appreciated your efforts-and I am sure Marcel does too--I know he probably didn't know where to begin! I hope they can follow doctor orders!

we are supposed to get snow again tomorrow-I am so tired of it--I really don't even want to hear about it! grr

I want to do some baking sunday-tomorrow will be all about Bill and his teeth! I have bananas and grapes and even soft cookies for him to eat afterwards--yes they are calling my name but I haven't had any-he even has yeast donuts--I have been good and not had any of those either-I am trying to remain sugar free-that is why I need to bake sunday--all day and get some things available for me!

time to kick back-later girls
Old 03-29-2014, 07:57 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Thinking of Bill today. Hope all goes well Jeanne. Is Bill usually a good patient?
Old 03-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Haha-I have the funniest pic of Bill-wish I knew how to get it here to share-You know those little things you buy for kids to put on their boo boos-those little ice pak thingy you keep in the fridge? I keep two in the fridge for my grandkids-one is a kitty and the other is a butterfly-we got home after Bill got his teeth pulled and he of course is wanting to be babied-so I pull those out and wrap some elastic around his head to hold them on--it works and it helps-he is doing fine now-it is about 5 hours later now and he is getting over the numbness and has his partials in--of course he wasn't supposed to smoke and he has already!!! grrr! so no more assist from me!! Men! we go back Monday evening! it only took them an hour to get them out-only had trouble with one!

Thanks for asking Michelle-I stressed myself thru it -of course you know what I did last nite and today!! Monday will be a restart again!!

Monica--how is T doing and the family?
Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 AM   #193

Michelle - so glad to hear your MIL is home now. How is the new diet and no smoking thing going? My Uncle when he was alive didn't want to give up smoking. He even smoked WITH the patch on. That is a huge NO NO! Hopefully it is going well for her. Do update us when you can. How was your weekend?

Jeanne - thank you for the kind words. our fear is, with his social challenges, if we elminate the school setting, he will only get worse. You know, become one who doesn't want to leave the house??? Our town has a virtual school. Their website is CRAP for the High School program and the person in charge of it is out of town till Wednesday. Really, virtual school that has a crappy website? I plan to share that info with the guy when he calls me. It would be awesome if the Lawrence virtual school would work. It is done by our school district so we have minimal fees to participate in it. He can also do some extracuricular activities at his high school. So he could still go to Debate and Forensics. It would be 1 hour there a day. That is all. I truly hope that is the way we can go. It is our goal to encourage him to graduate a year early. Get him started in College in August of 2016 instead of AUgust 2017. He has the smarts and we are thinking in a college setting, he would excel and not have the BS hassles of High School! We should know more by the end of this week.

We had a good weekend. Haven did Cupids Ball with my Dad. It was rescheduled from 02/02 due to an ice storm. Here is a pic of her and my Dad. It is the final year she can participate due to her age. Dad rented a tux for the special occassion!

Old 03-31-2014, 05:48 AM   #194

She had a BLAST. Toward the end of the night, they do an only 12 year old dance. They march all the girls in that are 12 and are on their final year. Everyone cheers for them and they are allowed a full dance with their "dates". It is the one thing Haven was most excited for! She loved it and wasn't horrible SAD it was over. One of the girls she and my Dad has gone with for years couldn't stop crying. I felt bad for her. But it almost ruined the evening for her.

Hard to believe that girl, looking like that is only 12!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 05:56 AM   #195

I didn't stay on plan this weekend, it was pretty much a planned thing. Back on today
Old 03-31-2014, 06:17 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

I love this pics of Haven with your Dad--too cute and her dress with tiara just sets it off!! so glad she enjoyed it and wasn't upset it was ending-there is just such much ahead for her!!! only good things! also sounds good about T and what you are saying about what is in store for him--I think that all the drama that is high school just takes a toll--I agree that once he in in college that all that drama crappola is gone and he can relax and just enjoy what college has to offer. How is he tolerating the Prozac? any side effects? hopefully he will be showing some benefit in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:18 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for sharing those photos Monica. H is as beautiful as ever. She looks just like her mom. And no, I can't believe she is only 12.
I can also see what you mean about T. if he was just at home all the time he probably would become recluse. I hope he can have a happy balance of both aspects.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:19 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne.... how is Bill doing?????
Old 03-31-2014, 06:19 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-if you ever have a moment-can you share that app that will help me get pics here easily? I think you said there was an app? if not-just forget it--my memory you know-lol!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Bill is good-thanks for asking--smoking like a chimney!!! but went to work!! we go back tonite-he needs a little shaved off one of his partials-this is just his temporary partial--he gets the real ones in June I believe? but he only took one real pain pill and then took naproxen... pretty good -had ice pak on the first night.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

My MIL is doing much better. So far she has not smoked but she is beginning to put the pressure on her husband to see where her cigarettes are. I hope he can hold off for another week. If I remember correctly it took two weeks to get the worst cravings over with. As for the salt issue...that's a different story. I bought all that nice food this week and yesterday we go to the cafeteria with them in their block and she orders bacon and eggs and even salts her eggs when she gets them So with the salted margarine and bacon and salted eggs and the salty hashbrowns she certainly didn't watch her sodium.AHHHHH all that money I spent last week will be for nothing!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:49 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

too bad about the salt issue--nu salt really isn't that bad and they have soooo many flavors of it now? maybe she will pick one that she really likes if she gets to choose? it has to be hard on her to watch her husband smoke--like me watching Bill eat all the crap around here!

Michelle-has Twinkle had any improvement with the antibiotic?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:13 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no Jeanne her husband doesn't smoke. But he is the one who has to buy them because she can't go out. So it is up to him whether she smokes or not. If he does not go to the store and buy them she has NO way of getting any.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:32 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

As for Twinkle.... well the antibiotics did nothing. The doctor said she had a couple of cases with long haired dogs that the hair around their private parts either tickles them or actually grows back up her private parts and causes issues. So before trying anything else they wanted to shave her down there and make sure that was not the issue. Well she was shaven on Thursday and they ended up given her a little bit of razor or clipper burn on her you know what. So she has been miserable since. For the 1st two days she wouldn't even stand up or walk. She stayed lying down and peeing herself. So now I need to wait for her to feel better to see if this worked. I am at my wits end on this one!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:42 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry about Twinkle that is horrible-I really wish they would try the medication on her-don't understand why they wouldn't? Now I understand about your FIL-I am slow sometimes! I hope he can hold out-Bill would crawl to the store I think for his ciggys-He won't even consider quitting anymore-I hope when he gets lung cancer it takes him fast-I won't have any sympathy! I have preached too long to be nursing him for 20 years! grrr.

Michelle are you feeling any better?
Old 03-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

I tried to bring it up with the Vet, but she just said there are few things she wants to try first.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:57 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Monica-if you ever have a moment-can you share that app that will help me get pics here easily? I think you said there was an app? if not-just forget it--my memory you know-lol!
Photobucket is the app girl! OR just text it to me. I can post it for you!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:09 AM   #208

Michelle - maybe approach MIL one vice at a time. If she isn't smoking that's the huge thing. Salt, can be tackled at another time. I am glad to hear at least she isn't smoking for now. Sorry to hear about twinkle. I can't even imagine razor burn down there! That is horrible. Hopefully she meds quickly.

Jeanne - my DAD quick smoking in 2001. He got broncitus and just quick cold turkey. I was pregnant with Haven at the time. He was 56 years old and had smoked since he was 12 years old! There is HOPE! My Dad says, TO THIS DAY, he can still feel cravings for them! He put on 50+ pounds quiting too! I would rather he be heavy than a smoker!

T seems to be tolerating the meds with little side effects thus far. He had a really good day at school on Friday. When he texted to say that , I thought, OH he is thinking it is the meds, but he had forgotten to take them! I thought that was great. ONE really great day at school, I'll take all the great days I can get. He is also doing much better at getting to sleep early. We wake and check periodically to make sure. I think last night was just around 10:00! THat's a WIN too! He enjoyed the weekend and has plans to watch his girlfriends volleyball games this coming Sunday! All great signs. We are going to talk to him tonight about graduating early. See if he will agree to stay at his high school, but us all work together to get him out of there a year early. I think we can easily make that happen!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:11 AM   #209

Thank you for the kind words on Haven! That dress, I found online at JCPenny's for $28 shippped! Can you believe that? I thought it was PROM QUALITY! The tiara, my Mom bought for her special for this dance. She loved it! My PRINCESS! I was beaming looking at her. She is so beautiful and she is tolerating all this crap at home. Poor girl! She has to sit there and listen to T yell at us for hours at times. I always pull her aside and give her time, just to make sure she isn't freaking out!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

ok-does photobucket actually have an app? I am confused-I have a photobucket acct-but I have forgotten how to get it from my phone to photobucket-duh-can you give me that one more time and I will print it out-promise! there seems like there should be an easy way to just post it from phone to here without all that in between stuff? especially with technology and all? just when you have time--not now-

Glad to hear T had a good day-don't expect the medication to really kick in for 3 weeks to get into his system though. is he taking it at bedtime? he should be-most of those SSRI do cause some drowsiness and are better taken at night for that reason.

That is an unbelievable price on that dress!!! what a buy!! you stole that! she does look like a princess! I am glad she is able to handle all that is going on at home-it sure does affect the whole family! You guys are so good at keeping the communication lines open-that is key to this whole thing--talking.. as long as you can do that-it will all work out.. it is a testament to your family how you are able to do that--I wasn't able to get through to Chris when he had trouble-he screamed and ran away-I am so glad you are not having that to deal with.