Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
This is pictures of what I see out my living room window.

So what do you guys think??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2232.jpg (28.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2233.jpg (34.0 KB, 6 views)
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Dang-there is a time for snow like that but it isn't the end of March! I am sick of winter down here but that would really bite! I think you need to head south and now!! come visit me--you can stay and we can visit and let the dogs play and enjoy the warmer weather--you need the break anyway!!! we can go shopping and pretend we have lots of money!!! I love to look! I wonder how far it is from there to here? hop into your car and hit the road!
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:25 AM   #153
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - DS15's head is huge. He was always off the charts. DR initially was worried, I said, WHY? My Dad can't wear normal hats....DS15 got that from him. WHen he played baseball and football, the helmets we had to order were always ADULT sizes. I agree with you, I think people with the info access worry way too much. I am so glad the DR felt it wasn't an issue. That should be a load off!

Michelle - new AVI? Is that the new doggie? OH HOLY SNOW!!!! YUCK FEST!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:27 AM   #154

I agree with Jeanne, you need to head SOUTH! Find some place where there isn't SNOW, heck, we see grass, it's brown, but at least it isn't a SEA of WHITE!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:28 AM   #155

My weight was up a pound today. BLAH! It is what it is. I am enjoying the LC for now. We will see how it progresses. I am only working 1/2 day today. Taking the kids to see Divergent. I can't wait. An amazing book, hoping for an amazing movie!

175.4 today
Old 03-21-2014, 06:06 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Chris has a big head too!!! hats have to be big--he says it has to be because of his huge brain!! Maybe Lucas takes after his uncle? I will have to tell Nate that!

Well--I had deep dish pizza last nite after Aspen Dental--I am not regretting it-I am just going with the flow with the stress this week-I am not sleeping for some reason-I am just trying to be calmer-the kids next door are leaving for Florida tonite or in the morning for spring break--so glad they are getting away-Chris has been working overtime-they got a new contract for the triton missile-so that is a good thing-extra money-good timing!

I emailed netrition last nite about ordering some low carb gluten free tortillas-hopefully they can get some in stock and I will try going gluten free-I love my tortillas you know--they do carry a brand that makes some so maybe they will carry them? I can't find any locally.

Monica--enjoy your movie-I haven't heard of it! good day to work a half day!! it is beautiful and supposed to be 60s here! love it!

Anna-check it --missing you!

Jeanne
Old 03-21-2014, 06:30 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies. So you like the snow pics? This has been a horrible year for snow here. We are even getting more today. When driving it is like a mouse going through a maze. With snow banks as high as 8 feet you feel like you are driving in a tunnel and can't see what's around the next corner.I wish I could get away Jeanne and window shop with you. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in Winnipeg. I don't know exactly where you are in Indiana but I would guess we are over 1200 miles away.

Yes that is Twinkle in my avitar. She is a cutie.

It seems all of us are going through something that is preventing our weight loss. I feel a little better letting go of that aspect of my life right now. With no pressure to lose weight I feel a weight(no pun intended) has been lifted. I will regret this move to stop trying when I hit 200 lbs again but for right now I can't handle that pressure of being a failure at weight loss too.

How's Bill mouth feeling now?
How's T doing now?

Later girls.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 03-21-2014, 06:41 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you are feeling better Michelle--to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose --I think that is how that verse goes? I think pulling back sometimes is the right thing to do and let some of the stress go... we can only do what we think is right. I know I have made some lousy choices and I have to live with them-but I don't ever intend to stop doing low carb because I believe in it--I am also going to try to do gluten free-I am headed in that direction more and more and I just have to find those darn tortillas-I don't want to have to make them-I don't guess it would be hard to do and just freeze them? I just have enough time constraints lately as it is--soooooo -more excuses-I am full of them lately! time to get busy-

Michelle-the invitation is always open if you ever want to visit!! that would be a long trip probably? I am 50 miles north of Kentucky-but maybe someday?

Bill doesn't have the extractions until next Saturday-so a week or so more to go-wax impressions last nite-so he is not being a baby yet!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-21-2014 at 06:43 AM..
Old 03-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

it is 60 degrees and I have flip flops on!!!! woohoo!!! spring has sprung!!! just don't remind me about the snow forecast for Tuesday!!! I just steam mopped my kitchen and half bath-I feel like throwing open the windows to let the floor dry!! It is beautiful outside and I am cleaning!!! something not right with this picture!

I don't think I told you I had to have my big toenail removed a couple months ago-I had a fungus under the nailbed and the doctor sent me to have it permanently removed but the podiatrist didn't think it was necessary thank goodness-he was an oldie but goodie--it has almost grown halfway back-may look a little funny not being painted for the summer but a whole lot better than never having one again-I told the kids I was going to invent a stick on one for people who had none to wear with their sandals--I bet someone has already done that-I might be on shark tank!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-21-2014 at 09:04 AM..
Old 03-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Flip Flops...I forget what those look like. Snow boots are all I have had since November 16th. Oh well.

Just popped in to say hi, even though I know you guys are busy and probably not going to be here. I was a little lonely. I had a great fried liver dinner tonight. Do you guys do liver? I love it now--hated it as a kid. Oh well I guess I'll go play Candy Crush for awhile.

Good night ladies.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

I don't do liver at all-I can handle chicken livers if they are done crisp-but not very many! It has returned back to winter today with snow forecast for Tuesday-the cold remains most of the week-yuk-I enjoyed the brief respite!

I have no clue about candy crush?

Bill went with his brother today to look at wood burning furnaces-I took it as my chance to watch a movie or two-so I didn't accomplish anything today-we had leftovers-tomorrow I need to cook-not sure what-maybe that casserole Monica made earlier?

well-cya all later
Old 03-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

I made a pork shoulder roast yesterday in the slow cooker. So I will be eating that for a few days. Marcel doesn't eat pork unless it is bacon, so the roast is all mine and the dogs. I wish he was not so picky. Our grocery bill is so high because of it.

Candy crush is an addictive online game. I found it through facebook.It can sure make time fly.Just like Pinterest.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:23 AM   #163

Michelle my DD12 and Dad love candy crush! Play it a lot. Sorry you were lonely this weekend. I can't imagine all that snow. Hard for me to wrap my head around it. I am sure there literally isn't anywhere else to put it, just to stack it higher.

Jeanne - How's the family? Weather here is crappy today. 70% chance of snow, thankfully only 1 inch! Spring is gone again!

Had a rough night last night with T. Honestly we take 2 steps forward and 5 steps back. All told, everyone in the world is an idiot, except him. The head of the idiots is me/DH. He hates how we parent him AND DD12! He has a lot of opinions and RAGE! I just cry and tell myself, this too will pass.

That being said, LC is going well. 172.8 today

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 03-24-2014, 07:54 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

It is so hard to have a teenager! I am thankful I don't! had enough with Chris to last a lifetime! I know you are doing everything right and it will pass-you just have to hang in there and keep doing what you know to do--being a parent is hard! making rules and keeping them is hard! especially when you have a debater in the house!!! has to make it triple hard!! hang in there!! prayers still coming your way!

the snow is headed here tonite and tomorrow-we are supposed to get 1-2 inches-I am truly tired of winter! hate to complain when I see all the snow Michelle has!

wtg Monica on the weight-I am not on plan and not weighing! I am being bad to the bone again-got to be better! hopefully soon!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Monica on the loss. You seem to be handling going back to low carb well and I guess you are not like Jeanne and I and stress eat. Because I know I would eat through what you are going thru with T. I'm with Jeanne knowing this will pass in time but during must be so frustrating. Prayers and hugs are being sent your way from the frozen tundra.

Jeanne I would love to tell you smarten up and get back on track but that would be very hypocritical of me. But I can send prayers and hugs your way too and hope you get back on track and feeling better soon.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
WTG Monica on the loss. You seem to be handling going back to low carb well and I guess you are not like Jeanne and I and stress eat. Because I know I would eat through what you are going thru with T. I'm with Jeanne knowing this will pass in time but during must be so frustrating. Prayers and hugs are being sent your way from the frozen tundra.
Normally I do. Heck that is why I specifically switched to LC. I knew, on JUDDD, I was not going to be able to FAST every other day. I think it is that I am enjoying stuff I haven't eaten in a long time. It is LIKE a fresh start for me. Maybe you all should consider trying something different for a while. Just to mix things up. Freshen it up. Try a little different approach. Then come back????

I appreciate all the prayers. It IS hard. It breaks my HEART! I cry a lot when he isn't around. It helps release the stress. I don't want to burden him with my sadness for him. that too can be counterproductive. Knowing you all are concerned helps!
Old 03-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #167

Been snowing here since 11:30 a.m., thanfully it isn't sticking at all! GRRRRRRR
Old 03-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

I have been mixing it up--with anything and everything! yikes! that hasn't seemed to work well with the scale???? I will find my groove-I hope! I did so well for such a long time and now I can't get a good run at it?

Cold here but no snow yet.. I hope it misses up-I need to go get some groceries in the morning-so it better miss us!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:39 AM   #169

Good morning all! Everyone survived the Monday after Spring Break! YEAH!!!!

We had a great evening last night with DS15 and DD12! Monday is our quiet evening at the house. No work for DS15 and no practices for DD12. It was nice and enjoyable!!! String a few of those days together, we might actually survive!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:41 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

it is snowing!!! the ground is covered-I need to run to the grocery store but so far it looks like a white out -makes me want to stay inside!

Monica-glad you had a good night-you needed it I am sure-hope there are many more!

My sciatica has flared up-I have had it for the last several years-it was bad last night and I could barely move-I hope it doesn't stay bad-when I first had it I couldn't barely walk for a week-it has never gone away totally and gives me a shock of pain now and again depending on how I move-not a fun thing to have-today is better than last nite-I got up at 1:30 and took a Naproxen in order to sleep and be able to turn over. I hope working at Feed my Sheep today doesn't make it worse and that I am able to work! Lovely getting old!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #171

OH Girl, FEEL BETTER! Don't over do it!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

back from the grocery store-mini victory-this is how my mind works-since last nite I have been thinking about donuts and knew I would be going to the grocery today-I knew I could pick up a box of my favorite sour cream and eat the whole box without anyone knowing it! my usual behavior! well I stopped and looked and looked some more-and didn't pick any up-not even for Bill-I did buy him a pkg of cookies-I didn't open them and put them in the cookie jar-too much temptation-I only bought those because I ate the last pkg! so I felt like I needed to replace them---so it was a small victory-I need 6 months of small victories

I am drinking a Atkins Mocha Latte Shake for lunch--I like it better than the French Vanilla--I can tolerate the French vanilla but this is really good--it is 3 net carbs where the French vanilla was only one-but well worth the extra carbs-too bad they are so expensive-but it would be great for traveling or somewhere when there was no access to a kitchen.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Monica---Glad to hear you had a good family day. Hopefully all the prayers are working and you will get more of those.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne---Please take care of yourself at Feed the Sheep today. I don't want you hurting yourself anymore then you already have. And that grocery store victory was not a small one. Foregoing the box of donuts is huge. You are gaining more and more strength every day.Keep it up. How's the weather there now?
Old 03-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Well here Marcel's mom hasn't been feeling well lately. She is 84 years old. When we went to visit her on Sunday she was completely out of breath and her legs were very swollen and her belly was HUGE and she is such a tiny women. Well they finally admitted her into the the hospital . So now she is going through tests and we are waiting for answers. So I will be to and from the hospital and work and vets office ( Twinkle still having pee pee problems). So I will catch you when I can. Other then that...it is still very much winter here and I am the same ole same ole.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry to hear about Marcel's Mom-Shortness of breath and swollen legs sound like congestive heart failure to me? the belly could be several things. Did you ask the vet about the anti-cholinergic for twinkle? It is worth a try for her issues. it is hard to have sickness and worry going on--hang on tight and know that we will add you to the prayer list! Is Marcel the only child? hopefully there are others?
Old 03-26-2014, 05:47 AM   #177

OH sorry to hear about your MIL! I agree with Jeanne, when I heard the symptoms I thought congestive heart failure. If that is the case, lasik's will pull the fluid from her body. I am praying for her and you all.

Jeanne - that is not a SMALL victory, that is a major one. You know someone else on this board has "restarted" and she notes a V on her calendar after each day she succeeds staying on plan. It is a visual thing for her to see all the V's adding up!!!

We had a really rough night last night with T. He was at work, but he was texting his girlfriend about wanting to hurt himself (cutting). She, naturally freaked out and thankfully her Mom called me. I do believe he knows now, he has everyone's attention and in this case, it might not be positive. He was very regretful and felt enormously guilty for upsetting her. We convinced him to set aside homework and just go to sleep. He was in bed asleep by 10:00. We started him St John's Wort (as the anit depressants will not be handled till the end of May, that is the soonest the Med Specialist could see him) and I gave him a sleeping pill last night. We told him today, he will have a Mental Health day off from school. DH is staying home with him. Hopefully he wakes up feeling a little better with some adequate sleep. T has always ALWAYS had issues with sleep. He just doesn't feel it is very necessary, and yet, it in so many ways can be the KEY to mental health!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:55 AM   #178

That all happening, for the first time in my life, EATING isn't consuming my thoughts. I have stayed on plan and haven't been tempted to sway at all. I tend to be in the EAT when meals are and I don't get back to eating after that. Oddly enough, I have a LARGE bag of PB M&M's in the house and I haven't touched them. They are sealed up and not touched. I bought them for the trip to Tulsa and none of us got around to eating them.

Thankfully T's therapist just texted, she had an opening today at noon. T will be with her for an hour today. He also has an appointment for 2:00 tomorrow, if she sees it necessary, he will go to that one too.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

good to know that T understands that everybody is watching over him-I hope the St Johns wort helps him-is there a child psychiatrist locally that is available that he can see without waiting for so long? sounds like he continues to have acute issues? I know this is taking a toll on you and your family-take care and know that we are praying.

I don't have to leave the house today-a good day so I need to make it productive-it was 18 degrees when I got up-way too cold! tomorrow I am gone again to have medical tests for almost the whole day-that should keep me from eating!

hello in the frigid tundra to Michelle

check in Anna--taxes are keeping you busy I know
Old 03-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #180

they had us discountine the St Johns meds. We were able to get him in to see an MD Dr tomorrow to get the meds prescribed. You can't use that in conjuntion with the anti-D's. We are very lucky that his therapist was able to get him in at noon today. All 3 of us went. We all met with her for 50 minutes, then just T for 10. He goes back to her tomorrow at 2, then the other DR at 3:45. WE will have a busy afternoon indeed. WE all felt better after meeting with her today. Now, to just keep that going!