Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I had a good Down day yesterday. 800c (ish) I had to try the egg casserole I was taking into the High School for teachers conference meals. So I am not sure on the calories of that. 174.4 today. I deserve that. I earned it!

Have a great day
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
WTG Monica on the loss. KUTGW and another loss is on the way.
I don't know if crate training would work with her. She even peed while sitting on me last week. It seems she just can't hold it! I thought for sure it had to be an infection or something,but no. She felt horrible for peeing on me so I know she knows it's wrong. I don't know.

Anna---Glad to hear you are feeling better, but like Monica said what was the problem?

Jeanne---How was your yesterday? I blew it with almonds again last night.So I should be seeing the 190s by Saturday!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/173 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle--ask your vet for a anticholinergic for her-it might help-it's a pill that works with urinary incontinence at times-just google it-anticholinergic for dogs should give you some info? it might be worth a try?

Anna-glad to see you--sorry about the illness-must have been serious for you to be in the hospital-that is scary!! glad you are home and back to work--you need to use whatever plan that works for you girl! each of us does! don't ever doubt that-we all struggle enough just trying to lose!

WTG Monica on the good DD! I knew T would be a good driver!! you don't have to worry about that kid! he has a good head on his shoulders!

Michelle--almonds are good for you-and at least you didn't go off plan-don't beat yourself up for that--it could have been much worse--you are doing fine! give yourself a break and relax-stress causes cortisol release which retains fat!! breathe deep!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #94

Hey guys. My last work day for the week. Hoping to leave early too!

Eating will be iffy all weekend, heck even through Tuesday. My parents are coming up Saturday night and staying through Tuesday afternoon! and I wonder why I can't lose weight!

ENJOY! I will check in when I can
Old 03-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun Monica!!! enjoy the time without worrying about the calories!!! good times beat out diets!!

getting ready to spray down and scrub the shower-how does something that gets washed daily get some cruddy with scum? I just don't get it? we have a water softener and it still gets hard water scale! grrr!

well-so far the snow and ice have missed us-the cold has returned but I can live with that-I did sit on the porch with Bill after work yesterday and that is our usual thing in the spring and summer-felt so good-I am ready! I almost pulled out my flip-flops!

Later girls-have a great time Monica--stay well Anna--hang in there Michelle!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

No sitting on the porch here. It is -24*today and our patio has more than 6 feet tall of snow on it. When will this winter end. Two years ago we were already sitting on the patio eating dinner and this year it will probably be May before that happens.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

it was short-lived Michelle-it is snowing now--spring didn't stay long! boo!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

I guess it is just us Michelle keeping the home fires burning? I am needing a few things from Walmart today but I hate getting out-it seems like once I am out nothing else gets done-back later--cold today too
Old 03-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your errand running goes well. I know what you mean about things not getting done when you're out. I also find it harder to stay on track eating wise once I go out. I'm always thinking I deserve a little treat. I don't know why I think that. When I am at home I don't think that way.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:00 AM   #100

Our weather has been great. Here in Tulsa yesterday it was 72*. That is just about perfect .

I almost didn't end up coming . As DD12 and I were heading out of town I got a call, DS15 was in the councilors office at school . He is severely depressed and starting the steps to hurting himself . Thankfully all he had done was punch himself abc was worried enough to tell a friend who suggested he go to the Guidance councilor. I had already set him up to see a therapist tomorrow before this a happened . We did go to the mental health clinic for a primary evaluation . She agreed there was some depression issues but felt if he knew this therapist that I had set the appointment with , it is a great starting point

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:03 AM   #101

I thought he was just going through a tough teenager time. I do think this is caught early and that his depression isn't near as severe or dark as it could have gotten. Not sure what treatment Jena (therapist) will suggest , but we will certainly see it through. DS15 actually told the eval clinic that he hated himself, felt no joy in life and was tired if kids at school only using him for his book smarts and then wanting nothing else to do with him.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #102

Man that sucks. He did state , several times , that he wanted me / DD12 to still go. Dh and I talked about it and since he has school all day yesterday and then a debate tournament till late last night and a church lock in tonight , it was probably best we still go to Tulsa. I didn't want him to add guilt to his bad feelings he was alreAdy having .

He seemed better just having talked to people about it. The eval therapist did state he seemed Very mature for 15 and could see where that might not lend to fitting in with his peers. She also stated with his advanced intelligence , that can be further isolating .

It all just makes me sad. I hate he has to go through this
Old 03-14-2014, 06:09 AM   #103

We are having fun. BFF and I are talking a lot . It's nice to just talk and get things off my chest.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-so glad you and Haven went ahead with your plans-I am sure that did help T to feel better--I am so glad that his friend told the counselor at school--isn't being a teenager hard enough nowadays? things will continue to improve with more talking and therapy I am sure

Bill is home today--they have no work again-He said he expects this trend to continue again-YIKES-it will be a wet spring and no work could be very bad for our expenses! not a good thing at all!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Monica---Sorry to hear about T. Hopefully catching this early will help him recover quicker. Mental health is such a tricky business. I know he will be in very capable hands and will receive the best care.

Jeanne---Are you able to get anything done with Bill home? I know it would throw me completely off track.

I baked low carb style for myself yesterday and it is very good. It is Peanut Butter Caramel Shortbread Bars (Low Carb and Gluten Free). Wow! Better second day. If you are interested just search for it on pinterest or google it. It is worth it.

Not much else new here. Will let you go for now.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-those bars look amazing-and lots of ingredients-do you have agave? I have never used that-they look good-16 servings out of an 8x8? not very big servings either-I am always looking for 9 servings from a 8x8!!! see how I think!! I want big servings when I bake! I truly believe having things ready is the key for us--glad you are prepared! it does make a difference-I have been watching Bill eat donuts this week and candy and it has been ok since I have something for me!

He went with me today to Feed my Sheep and helped out-he did great-I didn't need to lift hardly anything with him there-he did it all for me! it worked out great and we got to come home an half hour early! I really used to dread him retiring but I think we will do ok when he does? we might not kill each other? lol! so much we need to do around here.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #107

Thanks for the kind words!! Any prayers would be appreciated too !
Old 03-15-2014, 06:51 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

I thought prayers were a given. You got'em girl!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:20 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Of course prayers are a given! we always include our cyber family!

I think Bill and I are headed out shopping for a log splitter-we have had a big tree fall and have another one that needs to come down before it falls on our fence-so we will have lots of wood to do something with. Chris has a fireplace and we burn wood when we camp and in our backyard pit also-so we are going to look at least-and it is a beautiful day outside- a great day for getting out. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nasty day-the snow and icy stuff is coming in tonite and tomorrow so we need to do our running today!

have a great day friends
Old 03-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne---I had no problem cutting that bar into 16 pieces. I had a heck of of a time not eating 6 pieces per sitting. All gone! Oh well can't even trust myself with a lc dessert.

It's a hard weekend for me. It will be one year ago on Monday that I put my poor Sadie to sleep. I can not get over the loss of her. All my other dogs that have passed, I have missed and cherished but there seems to be a bond with Sadie that will not break. I know that is the reason I have not had my head in the game this last year. There are other issues too but I don't dare say them just to be made fun of, so Ill just leave it at that. I hope some how I can get over her and all the mistakes I made this year or else I will have to add being 260 lbs back to the list of all my stupid mistakes.

Sorry to be blabbering.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:35 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Dear Michelle-you sometimes have a dog that steals your soul plus your heart-Sadie must be one of those-don't let it continue to hurt you-I have that same feeling about my Sydney-she will gone 8 years this Halloween and I still miss her everyday and still say her name accidently sometimes when calling Dolly--she will always be that one precious dog to me-learn to embrace those feelings and believe you will see her again-I for one have to believe that God would not let us love our animals so deeply to let us be taken from them forever? I have to believe we will be reunited -it gives me peace knowing I will be with her again.

I hope you know that you can share anything with us and you will never be made fun of here! that would NEVER happen-we can share anything and everything without that! we have become sisters and sisters share it all-the good, bad, and ugly! you are never alone here to have to handle anything alone-hope you know that? we love you!!!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Jeanne. You are a good friend! I cannot explain how sad and full of pain I feel today.

As for the sharing thing...I found out in the last challenge that sharing can get you hurt here so I am keeping more guarded now. But thank you for all the lovely things you said.

PS... I believe Sydney misses you terribly too.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

now I feel terrible-If I said or did anything to cause you pain-please tell me-I can assure you it was unintended!! and I am sorry! I would never do that! and I would want to know if I did! Please pm if necessary to discuss this-I am so sorry again-I would never hurt you!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-16-2014 at 08:08 AM..
Old 03-17-2014, 06:42 AM   #114

Yes Michelle, If I inadvertantly said something that hurt you, I AM VERY SORRY! I tend to type and move on. If I hurt you in anyway, please know it was not my intention. You should feel free to share here, without worry. With all that is happening in my life, I have no right to point out anyone elses issues.

On Saturday I switched to low carb. My head wasn't in JUDDD, the down days were just killing me. It will be a temporary thing, I am thinking either 2 or 6 weeks. Somewhere in that range. Just tired of counting calories. Heck, I haven't really counted an up day at all this year. We will see where this takes me. So far, so good. I need to go through my old arsenol of "go to" favorites. Snacks are something I need help with immediately. I really don't have anything at home to take to work for the in between meals if I find I am hungry.

Tulsa was great. We shopped, ate, played games, shopped, kids swam in the pool, got pedicures and SHOPPED some more! It was fun. BFF and I talked and talked and talked! It was nice to be able to just openly discuss my issues with DS15's recent depression/self hate issues. Still trying to cope with all that. I think most days, I am not doing to well!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:43 AM   #115

Jeanne - did you get the snow/ice? We just had a dusting of snow and harsh cold temps yesterday. Today is back in the 50's!

Michelle - how was your weekend? Have you all seen the movie FROZEN? It comes out on DVD tomorrow. I don't always enjoy animated movies, but this one, WAS GREAT! I rank it with Lion King and Nemo (which I completely LOVE)! Might be worth a rent for you all, even without kids. I think it will become a classic!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 AM   #116

Happy St Patrick's day to you both! Eating anything green today? I am, SALAD!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #117

I'm also wearing GREEN!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls-just a fast check in--I need to hop in the shower and get my butt up to the tax man-and then it's on to lunch with my friend Sharon! looking forward to that part the best lol!!

weigh in the morning had me down some-It should have-I have been so good this week watching the man eat all of his junk-it has been so hard to watch and not partake!

gotta run! laters--

Michelle-hope this week is a good one for you--hugs
Old 03-17-2014, 07:23 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-if you find any snacks-please share-that is my down fall--I never have anything ready to eat-except russel stovers and that isn't a good snack for me-I have potty issues with that and I only allow small amounts--I would love a good snack too. Welcome back to low carb! glad to have you here--glad you had a great time-still praying for T--how is he and the family doing?

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-17-2014 at 07:25 AM..
Old 03-17-2014, 07:40 AM   #120

Michelle /Jeanne - I appreciate the prayers. I think DS15 is just having a hard time fitting in. He is extremely gifts and he states, most kids only want to speak to him to get answers to stuff for class. One can only tolerate that so much, KWIM?