Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 11:27 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
early morning here--couldn't sleep-so time to visit my sisters-Mom stayed in the car a few places-she just couldn't do the walking-she gets too exhausted easily now but her spirit is willing--she enjoys getting out still-she just can't do what she used to do.

My doc already is talking about decreasing my synthroid even before she finds out what my labs are!!! she told me it is because it has been long enough since I had the cancer that she feels safe lowering the dose and it will be safer for my bones and heart--so whatever she thinks is what I do-I trust her even though she is a skinny mini-lol!

I am trying to be 100 percent low carb-being away from home you never know for sure? I will be better today-I do feel better--I have such heartburn when I don't eat right!

Monica-I think you run your calories off--you never slow down girl-what is on your agenda for this weekend? I think we are supposed to get rain-but it is going to be warmer-anything but snow and ice will be welcome!

Stay warm up there Michelle--I am thinking about you and sending warm thoughts and vibes! shivering burns calories!!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Well I already heard back from my doctor and lab results already-my synthroid dose is changing and going down-and I will get it rechecked again in three months-this starts like it did last year when I had it changed so much-I am really going to try and stay the course and keep the weight off and not gain for sure now~~~~~~

It sure is quiet in here--I am working on pulling tax papers together today-not a fun job so I better get back at it--paperwork is not my forte~
Old 03-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Well Jeanne I hope all goes well with the new dosage. You sure do sound recommitted. I am hoping to follow suit. Since it is the 40 days of fasting til lent. (Even though I am not relgious) I am aiming to complete 40 good days. Today is day # 2 and so far so good. But lately I never know what little thing is going to derail me.

I will try and get my tax paperwork in order shortly. We have til the end of April to file our taxes here. But I usually do them in March. I need the refund to cover expenses.

Well my nephew is in Sochi now to watch the paralympics. He is so excited. They are treating him like royalty. I did tell you that he was selected to be the ambassador for Canada for these paralympic games didn't I?

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

That is awesome about your nephew--quite an honor--I haven't seen any coverage about the paras on the news yet-in fact I thought I heard that the USA was not sending anyone now due to Putin invading Ukraine? but I am not sure if that is happening.

I am not 100 percent where I need to be with my cooking-but I am headed in the right direction for sure-I have been really hungry today so that tells me I am over in my carbs after being out yesterday and cooking not great--so I am trying to think what to cook tomorrow and the weekend to strengthen my resolve-I hate that part-thinking of what to cook-

Good luck on your taxes--it is always a scary time for us-we don't have any deductions so it is always that way!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-06-2014 at 03:37 PM..
Old 03-07-2014, 04:36 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-missing you-not like you not to show up daily-we get so used to seeing your face it is unusual not to have you here--but with your schedule I can understand why you are not-nevertheless-I miss you when I don't see your posts!

a beautiful day here-thankfully I hope it is here to stay but we always have snow in March it seems but I am glad for any respite!

still not coming up with any good things to cook? anybody have any suggestions? Michelle you always have the best menus! I am just going with steak and fixing that sweet Texan onion pie tonite that we like so well--boring but I am tired of casseroles and they don't sound good anymore to me--I want some good chicken fingers-anybody have a good breading for those?

Last edited by jbatchelor; 03-07-2014 at 04:39 AM..
Old 03-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - glad you had a good day with your MOM! I am sure it is hard for her to get around, but it is always nice to get out of the house. You are a good Daughter. I pray my MOM stays as spry as yours for so long. I have all my taxes gathered and know the results. We might get a small refund, but most likely we may have to pay a little. DH's company did really well last year. I guess it's all good then! I sure would have loved him telling me we would get a couple THOUSAND back! No such luck!

When I want something really good to cook/eat, my go to is Linda Sue! There isn't much on her site I don't love!

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #67

Michelle so happy for your nephew. How exciting for him. I hope he stays safe. The stuff going on there right now is SCARY! Putnan (SP?) is a dictator and wants all power. I am shocked he was able to hold off while the Olympics were going on.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:37 AM   #68

Life has been INSANE this week. I had a HORRIBLE MOMMY day yesterday. Stuff that came up made me realize I am WAY TOO HARD on my kids. Had T's Gifted IEP meeting. The worse thing any of his teachers wrote was, ADV Geometry teacher said he can be chatty because he is always so quick to get his stuff done. Everything else was, amazing leader, outstanding student, love having him in class!!! That's all great, but at home, DH and I have struggled with his gaming issues/sleep time. I told DH in tears yesterday, We need to BACK OFF. Whatever he is doing, he is doing great at school. His gifted advisor, RAVED about his ACT score as a Freshman, went on to RAVE about his desire to take it. He had had T do some evaluating of himself. In it, T's stated something about desire to support others around him. His advisor was amazing at his maturity and the depth of his caring. T's weakness that he noted was Self Confidence, in social situations. Leader in the classroom, because he knows what he is talking about, Socially, he stays to himself. T still sees the 40 pound heavier pudgy kid. He has lost 40 pounds and shot up 6 inches!

Anyway, my Mom issues with him was....we ride him too hard. IF these people say all this amazing things about him, well, then DH and I need to just let him be. He obviously has it way more together than we do!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #69

Also yesterday, I got an email from Haven's volleyball coach about some minor issues with her. Haven is the best player (ON A ****** TEAM) and has frustration with other players. I spoke to Haven briefly about it yesterday morning and she was devastated. Cried and cried and cried. I felt like crap, but knew I needed to at least make her aware of what the coach was saying. By the time I got to work (after T's meeting) I had an email from her first hour teacher. Haven had wrote him a long letter apologizing for her behavior the past quarter. She stated she knew she was slipping and was working hard to change that.

Come to find out, the letter she had written the day before I spoke with her. She, is like me, is enormously hard on herself. She expects perfection and felt she just wasn't on her A game with her teachers lately. SHe is "social" chatty and felt she had failed them all lately with it.

FAILED LATELY with it??? She has all A+'s. 2 weeks ago I got an email from her Music teacher stating: Haven is smart, funny and hard working. Thank you for sending her to South (that is her school). I enjoy having her as a student!

I had a long conversation with her about forgiving herself. My largest fault is NOT forgiving myself. I forgive others immediately. She and I chatted about how if God Forgives us, we forgive others, WE should always forgive ourselves.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #70

So, I'm a crappy MOM!

I did speak with Haven's Coach and explained Haven's frustration at being thrown on a team that 1/2 the girls are a year younger than she is and over 1/2 have never played. In addition, the coach admitted to me, she is extra hard on Haven because she sees so much potential in her. I had the coach let Haven know that is why she gets "scolded" more often than the others.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #71

So all told, yesterday I felt like POOP! I feel better today. I had conversations with both kids about how proud I am and how amazing they are. I don't do that enough.

Thank goodness yesterday was an UP DAY! I stay within my range and all was good.

WORK, now that is an entirely other STRESS FILLED STORY! I won't bore you with that. Just say, yesterday, if it COULD go wrong, IT DID at work!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:55 AM   #72

Today is Friday, I seriously thought about calling in sick today. I never EVER do that. ALas, I got my butt up and decided to go to work.

This weekend, quiet again. I will clean house. Tonight Haven and I will watch the Hunger Games Movies. The 2nd one is out today on DVD. We will watch both! We love them so. T has Forensics. They are out of school today, teacher inservice. Haven is volunteering all day at the elementary school. They are both happy to not be in class.
Tomorrow, T has forensics again. Nothing else tomorrow. We thought about doing something as a family tomorrow night, T kind of frowned on the idea. His choice, probably means we will be doing ceramics with Haven, she loves that, I am not a fan! LOL

Sunday will be church/SS and softball practice for Haven!

Like I said, throw some laundry and house cleaning in there and it will be a quiet hopefully relaxing weekend for us! The next SEVERAL are jam packed!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:55 AM   #73

almost forgot, weight was 173.6 yesterday. Finally coming down a bit
Old 03-07-2014, 07:02 AM   #74

Oh forgot, T drives on his own starting today. PRAY FOR US PLEASE! It scares me so much! I am sure he will do fine, but it is tough sitting back having it happen!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Monica you are far from a bad mom. Your kids are as wonderful and perfect as they are because of you and your husband. Maybe needing to praise them more often is something to work on, but don't be too hard on your self for much else. More parents need to be like you and care and give a crap.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with everything Michelle said-your children could not be who they are without the parents that you are-so take your own advice and take it easy on yourself too--you guys are great parents!! I wish I could come live there!!! well-maybe not-I am too old to keep up with your schedule!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #77

You are both very kind! It was just a tough MOM day yesterday and a horrible work day to boot. SOme days are just like that. I am NOT a crier and I had a few good cries yesterday! Maybe I am PMSing, heck, I can't even remember when I am supposed to cycle. Chalk it up as a bad day!

How is everyone here today???
Old 03-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Up two lbs again. What a broken record! When will this insanity end?
Old 03-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

I am so sorry Michelle-hang in there my friend-I didn't even weigh last Monday because I knew how bad it would be again-I am sure this Monday will not be good either but I better find out and deal with it--we will fight this together--I have baked yet and I am still not back 100 percent on plan-I am still trying--I am hanging with you--you are not alone-keep fighting the fight-we can't give up-we are lost if we do--hang on and it will come.--we will do this-all of us together!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

How did T do driving on his own? I am sure you were a nervous Nilly--Nate had two small crashes right after he started driving but he hasn't had any since that time--that was enough! I am sure T will do well!!! Cassidy has turned out to be a great little driver-this winter on the snow and ice she has done very well! I am proud-her dad was her teacher and he was very nervous when she started driving and said she was horrible!! that has not been the case at all!!

supposed to be a gorgeous day here--I am ready-still haven't baked-maybe will get to it today--I took a 3 hour nap yesterday!! unheard of for me!! must have needed it--even Dolly left me alone!! I guess I knew I was going to lose an hour! I have been having issues with my computer again-it says there is no memory and goes black-It worries me when that happens-I have to turn it off to get it back and then back on-I don't have any programs open but lately there is a pop up coming up that says memory is low-Chris says I should have lots of memory-this was a cheapo computer from Walmart for a couple of hundred dollars and is just a basic computer -not much memory or hard drive-I guess you get what you pay for but I really haven't had too many things happen to it-I seem to call Chris pretty often-I think it is operator error tho? anyway-If I disappear -you will know why--I have looked at staples.com today to see what they have on sale-they have several-I will be getting one with more memory some day for sure-not sure what else to look for?

I am going to make my coconut pie today for sure-and I am still thinking that onion pie-we both like it-I have got to get back into the cooking mode!! what is going on with the rest of the gang today?

Monica-are you getting any rest?

Michelle-how are the pups doing-we haven't had an update lately?

color me gone
Old 03-10-2014, 05:42 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Up two lbs again. What a broken record! When will this insanity end?
Girl, I am with you! I feel off the wagon and didn't look back this weekend. WHY? No reason at all!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #82

Jeanne - do you just use your computer for email and general internet searching? If so, don't invest in another computer. I would strongly suggest an Ipad Mini or Ipad. You can buy keyboards for them. OR there is a cheap laptop that is more like a net book, but with a key board. It is only $200. There aren't any Programs on it or such, but it is perfect for internet and email. Gone are the days that you have to buy an "desk top" type computer. The one reason I suggest the Apple Ipad or mini is, they don't have virus issues at all. I have had my Ipad since it came out originally and I am still using it. I bought Dennis a mini and he LOVES it. The only time any of us uses the desktop at home is for word documents. Heck, I only use it to remote into my work computer.

Just a thought. Let me know if you need further info on it all!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #83

As I stated, I have had 4 up days in a row. I will probably be MIA for the week. I am only working M/T/ 1/2 day on W. DD12 and I are heading to Tulsa (she is on spring break from 03/13 - 03/21. We are meeting my BFF and her kids. It is the 1/2 way point between here and Dallas. We plan to stay at the hotel from Wed through Saturday. Watch movies, let the kids swim, get pedicures, maybe do some shopping, basically, just hang out!!! I am really looking forward to it. When we return, my parents will be at the house from Saturday - Tuesday. It will be a crazy week for me/us!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:49 AM   #84

Trying a DD today. AIming for anything under 1000c!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:58 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for that info Monica-I love my phone-will consider an ipad mini for sure--I would also like a kindle-they had one yesterday on HSN-but I didn't bite-I am just not able to spend the money or the time yet on it-I am afraid I would sit and read forever if I had a kindle-and they didn't ever say if you could read on the kindle fire in the sun like you could read on the paperwhite? I want one to take camping and reading outside is necessary for me? so I will just wait and wait and see what they come out with --not ready yet. I have bills coming up --property taxes! yikes it is high out here in the country for no services!

well-I did get weighed--I have been fairly good-not perfect-but it didn't surprise me-when you play you pay!! I am hoping to get back into the 160s-I hate being in the 170s-not a good decade for me-my fat jeans are tight and I only have one pair! I hate being there so it makes me work at getting out of them and into some different clothes NOW!

Monica-good luck on you DD! you will make it!! keep busy and drink water!! sounds like a great week ahead! I am so glad you do those wonderful things with your friends-my friends don't do that-well Sharon and I used to spend a night away every year at the flea market but we have let that go recent years-I miss it! we need to restart it!

I am working on taxes today-hope to finish up getting them ready then they will go to Sharon's hubby!

Michelle--hope your weekend was good? I did make my pie and the sweet onion pie--Bill loves that-it is good--I put a roast in the crockpot today-frozen-love that I can do that and it works! I am out of ideas-I look at stuff at night to find something to cook and I still can't find anything lately-I do look at LindaSue's site but I am tired I guess of my own cooking? I am bored of casseroles and they really are good but it is just me? I better get over this-I need to cook more and not less!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #86

Jeanne - before you buy a Kindle or Nook, look more into an Ipad. Then you have the computer ability, email and can get a Nook and Kindle app and have an ereader. You can easily read outside while camping on any ereader. You can't download, but you do the downloading at home. Heck, you can even put a Kindle app on your phone. Drives me crazy to read on my phone, only a few lines and you are turning the page!
Old 03-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon ladies.

Monica...have a great holiday with H. I'm sure you will have a blast. I am jealous of all your techno knowledge. I am feeling like a cave person now a days. I am being so left behind in this new age.

Jeanne--- I am the same as you right now and always as far as that goes. I don't know what to cook and frankly I just don't feel like cooking. We can't afford to eat out so I am just eating bacon & eggs, skinless, boneless chicken plain, and salads. Nothing great here. I do cheat however with nuts and yogurt and 90% chocolate. At a rate of gaining 2 lbs a week...I have to try and make my meals more exciting and not feeling so full of self pity and then maybe I will lose again. Maybe!

As for the dogs...Ben is great! Twinkle not so much! She is getting much better at not peeing in the house but she has to go out every 1 1/2 hours even at night. So I am not getting much sleep and it is taking its toll. I took her to the vet to see if she had a problem, but after several tests and ultra sound and $300.00 they say she is perfectly fine and it is a behavioral thing that is causing her to want to pee so often. Not much can be done they say. Her mind tells her to pee and so she wants to pee and not hold it. At least she asks to go out now, but I am up all night putting her out.

Well enough of my belly aching! Time to stand in the kitchen and pretend I am excited about cooking something for dinner.

Later girls.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-can you not use dog doors up there? we have dog doors going out to our garage from our kitchen and then one from the garage going into the yard-they are a life saver for those trips when you want to sleep! and in the summer time we have a screen dog door that goes into our screen door so we can have the fresh air too and they still can come and go as they please-it has worked for us all over the years. I would die getting up every few hours-I am not sure I would hear them when they needed to go out-when I take out my hearing aids I am not able to hear much!

It doesn't sound like you are eating the wrong things --I am with you on the cooking-but Bill expects a big, good meal and he gets cranky if he doesn't have meat and potatoes! he comes from a farm family and that was how they were all raised! That is why he loves buffets!!! dang it! they don't hurt him at all!

Got my taxes pulled together and made my appt to see Jack-Sharon's husband-we will have lunch after I see him next Monday--the best part of seeing your tax guy! looking forward to it! It is shaping up to be a busy week next week.

time for some tv--later
Old 03-11-2014, 05:02 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Good Morning Girls!!!

Hope all is well. You guys all sound like your doing great. Everyone has a plan, and that is half the battle.

Just a quick check in, been thinking of you all.

I'm still working for the CPA, and I've been really sick. Even to the hospital a few days for IV's....but all is better now. During my down time I have decided to go back to WW. I'm giving it a week or two, and them I'll decide what to do. I know so different than than LC. But I just need to do something different. I need more veggies, fruit and some popcorn??

Anyway GTG

Top of the Morning to You All
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #90

Michelle- Have you tried crate training Twinkle? Thta is what we do for Pip, our new dog, she sleeps in the crate a night too (and now in anyone's bedroom). They won't go in their crate, because they see it as their "room". It works amazing. She may whine at first, but she will get used to it and even start enjoying it. Both of our dogs can sometimes be found in their crate even when they don't have to be. Just a thought. SOrry about the money situation. Hopefully Spring will be here soon and work will pick up.

Jeanne - way to go on getting your taxes gathered. To answer your question, T is doing well at driving. For now, he is good about texting me. I doubt that will last long though. He has his restricted permit which means till he turns 16 he can only drive to/from school and to/from work. Anything else, we have to be in the car with him. It is a nice transition time for 9 months.

Anna - I don't blame you for switching it up girl! So sorry you were sick and in the hospital! What happened? Glad you are on the mend now!!