Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Springing Into Action 2014

Welcome to this year's Springing Into Action Challenge!

Let's lose this weight by spring! (Or at least make a good dent in our goals)

This challenge is open to everyone and anyone, regardless of what plan you are following. Whatever you're doing, we've probably tried it before too and we're happy to support everyone to reach their weight loss goals.

This challenge will be a long one. Let's let it run until Easter, which is April 20th this year.

So Feb 15th through April 20th.

State your goals, what plan you're currently following, and most importantly...check in daily! It really helps!

Good luck everyone!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone! Sorry I've been so quiet this week. Needless to say, it has been a bad week for me as far as eating. Too much junk in the house.

I've been keeping my calories pretty low all week, but what's the good in that when all your calories come from cookies and candy??? Fail! So, I'm a up a few pounds this week and hoping to get them off in the next few days.

The good news is that I'm back to my daily exercise routine again, FINALLY. 3 days in a row. Let's hope I can keep this up!

I weighed in at 179.6 this morning. My goal for this challenge will be to get into the 160.s Anywhere in the 160's will make me happy at this point.

I'm following regular low carb right now (under 20 carbs) and I'll follow this until mid March, and then I'm planning to do another 28 days of the Fast Metabolism Diet.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Here!

My goal is to stay on plan, lose the weight I've gained this past year. Get back to the mid 150s so I can wear all my summer clothes I couldn't wear last summer
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes Kitty! That's a good one! I want to get into my summer dresses and not have to wear a dang pair of jeans allllll summer
Old 02-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/140.8/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Plan: Atkins
Goal: 420 min exercise a week...continue to hike..physically challenging myself toward goal of TurtleHead trail ( fall/winter )..eating consistently..maybe hitting scale goal number...hmmmmm...148lbs? ( down 7.4lbs)
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013

I will come back later...
Low Carb Librarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #7

Sadly, I had to buy some capris early last year so I'd have something to wear on our trip south. Luckily I'm a hot weather gal, or I'd have died in the heat/humidity without shorts on!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
dragging my sorry butt here I'm restarting FMD tomorrow and doing Haylies challenge....hoping it is a good round. I'm cooking today and using her menu (for the most part)
I finally got this crap going around I would feel a little yucky and then better the next day...now I have it. headache, fever, chills, cough and crap...yuck! Hoping I kick this fast since I fought it so well
I have no idea what I weigh, but I'm up a few pounds

ready for a new round
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
dragging my sorry butt here I'm restarting FMD tomorrow and doing Haylies challenge....hoping it is a good round. I'm cooking today and using her menu (for the most part)
I finally got this crap going around I would feel a little yucky and then better the next day...now I have it. headache, fever, chills, cough and crap...yuck! Hoping I kick this fast since I fought it so well
I have no idea what I weigh, but I'm up a few pounds

ready for a new round
OHNO!!!! praying the creeping crud leaves you quickly!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #10

No! Not the crud! Feel better fast!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

93 min hike in Valley of Fire!!! The hikes we took totaled 3 miles....2mi. of it in deep fine desert sand.....a trail in rather general terms.( my legs should look amazing for all I put them thru) the other mile was climbing in mildly challenging conditions to overlook points.. I practiced my new skills that DS and DD and DGS taught me yesterday..I did learn a few things...I need to drink way more water..ended up dehydrated a bit..with a headache...eat a protein bar on the trail..even if you don't feel hungry( another big mistake) I waited 7 hrs to eat...NOT a good idea if you are expending that much energy...
when I got to lunch..I had a headache...felt a little sick...and ate very little...I am now hydrated..headache almost gone...sinuses draining...high pollen count today!!!I still totally loved it...we had so much fun...the motorcycle ride to the trails was a blast...80 and sunny....!!
goal made 04.04.14
Old 02-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
93 min hike in Valley of Fire!!! The hikes we took totaled 3 miles....2mi. of it in deep fine desert sand.....a trail in rather general terms.( my legs should look amazing for all I put them thru) the other mile was climbing in mildly challenging conditions to overlook points.. I practiced my new skills that DS and DD and DGS taught me yesterday..I did learn a few things...I need to drink way more water..ended up dehydrated a bit..with a headache...eat a protein bar on the trail..even if you don't feel hungry( another big mistake) I waited 7 hrs to eat...NOT a good idea if you are expending that much energy...
when I got to lunch..I had a headache...felt a little sick...and ate very little...I am now hydrated..headache almost gone...sinuses draining...high pollen count today!!!I still totally loved it...we had so much fun...the motorcycle ride to the trails was a blast...80 and sunny....!!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/178/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Hi folks, I'm jumping in! I'm on the bouncy diet. I bounce from one to the next, to the next, to the next. I just want to lose 15 pounds by our target date of April 20. That would put me at 160 and that would be soooo nifty....

Hello Kitty
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:32 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi folks, I'm jumping in! I'm on the bouncy diet. I bounce from one to the next, to the next, to the next. I just want to lose 15 pounds by our target date of April 20. That would put me at 160 and that would be soooo nifty....

Hello Kitty
welcome It's Time!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Deb, nice to meet you!!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

I think I am just going to go for a goal that doesn't involve the scale. I am stuck in the 160's ( but is better than being stuck in the 180's-170's like I have been in previous years)

I watched "My 600 lb Life" today on Netflixs. Have any of you watched this? I watched the one about the lady who had been over 600 pounds. I didn't feel so bad about my struggles after watching that... I have decided to be patient with myself and not get so down when things don't go like I thought they would.

I had a funky salad tonight for dinner.. It was a Trader Joes mix with kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and some other stuff...
I would like to get into some cute summer clothes this year. I bought a pair of pants today. They are 2 sizes down from what I am wearing now and they fit ( tight, but they zipped up!). I hope these pants will be loose by summer!

Last edited by Low Carb Librarian; 02-16-2014 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 02-17-2014, 05:49 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Marking my place ! FF and I are doing a juice cleanse until Friday. Here's hoping to kickstart my losses for the spring!!!!
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
I think I am just going to go for a goal that doesn't involve the scale. I am stuck in the 160's ( but is better than being stuck in the 180's-170's like I have been in previous years)
Im kinda there too...my goals are more abt eating consistently and keeping up my exercise..Im kinda half hearted with throwing out a scale number...

Im trying to keep my focus on building a strategy...focus and habits to be a lifestyle (lifetime change)......and off the number on the scale....I know the scale number means something...it just isn't everything....

I am setting fitness goals....1/2 marathon( Nov..Zappos Marathon).....Im training for a successful trail hike on a significant difficult trail ( Nov? Dec?)...

I found local bike trails (120 miles!!!! total)..and. a long/bike trail from Lake Mead ..and Hoover Dam...and hiking trails in nearby National Parks..
Old 02-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
Can I join your spring challenge? My goal is to STAY on low carb and stop cheating on the weekends. I just found this site today while i was looking for diet motivation. I seem to do good all week and then on the weekends I ruin all that I have done the week before. My workouts are good but like they always say you cannot out train a bad diet. So hoping to join your challenge and motivate myself to stay on low carb with everyone
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Here! Lost 15 pounds last month hoping to continue the trend. Good to see everyone!
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity228 View Post
Here! Lost 15 pounds last month hoping to continue the trend. Good to see everyone!
:high5 :
Old 02-18-2014, 07:06 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc15652 View Post
Can I join your spring challenge? My goal is to STAY on low carb and stop cheating on the weekends. I just found this site today while i was looking for diet motivation. I seem to do good all week and then on the weekends I ruin all that I have done the week before. My workouts are good but like they always say you cannot out train a bad diet. So hoping to join your challenge and motivate myself to stay on low carb with everyone
of course you can join us....the more the merrier kc
Old 02-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow!
Great job!!!
Old 02-19-2014, 05:17 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
amity - that's awesome!!!!!!!

welcome kc!

Day 3 of juice cleanse and going strong. Last night was a little tough when I cooked dinner for my kids. Glad FF and my husband are doing this with me so I'm not on my own... I'm doing this because when I did it a year ago it really helped kick my cravings for bad food. Hoping it does the same this time and also want to kick start my losses again. I'm glad I've maintained my 30 pound loss through the holidays but now I want to lose 30 more !

I need to change my picture.....
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi,

Well it looks like you are doing real good with workouts and that's a great thing to have going for you. I'm working on the motivation to do that. I also want to splurge on weekends. But I want to improve in both areas.

So I've decided to Judd for a while
and start walking ever day.

Hoping we all have great success this time around

Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Hello Kitty
Glad to have you join us!

Quote:
That hike sounds amazing! Good for you!

Quote:

I watched "My 600 lb Life" today on Netflixs. Have any of you watched this? I watched the one about the lady who had been over 600 pounds. I didn't feel so bad about my struggles after watching that... I have decided to be patient with myself and not get so down when things don't go like I thought they would.

I had a funky salad tonight for dinner.. It was a Trader Joes mix with kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and some other stuff...
I would like to get into some cute summer clothes this year. I bought a pair of pants today. They are 2 sizes down from what I am wearing now and they fit ( tight, but they zipped up!). I hope these pants will be loose by summer!
I've never seen that show LCL. I'll have to look it up.

Quote:
Weekends are difficult for me too. We can do it!

Quote:
Yay Amity! Great loss last month! Keep it up girly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
amity - that's awesome!!!!!!!

welcome kc!

Day 3 of juice cleanse and going strong. Last night was a little tough when I cooked dinner for my kids. Glad FF and my husband are doing this with me so I'm not on my own... I'm doing this because when I did it a year ago it really helped kick my cravings for bad food. Hoping it does the same this time and also want to kick start my losses again. I'm glad I've maintained my 30 pound loss through the holidays but now I want to lose 30 more !

I woke up hungry today Belle. Just 2 more days. I can do it, I can do it!
Old 02-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

yesterday was day one of Phase 2....damn it's brutal

I tried a Jimica yesterday I think it saved me from throwing in the towel I have never tried it, but it is like a starchy apple...dip it in cocoa or bake it with cinnamon...
I was totally starving and wanting to say f$%% it, but I peeled it and....it was filling and pretty darned good
I made my chicken and green beans and I was solid
One more day of phase 2 and then P3 tomorrow .....and I'm down over a pound already, so I'm not complaining....
My goal is to get through my daughters birthday and to my anniversary March 19 and get into the 140s 3 more pounds to the 140s and 24 days to go on this round

Goal: Maintenance

Last edited by beachagain; 02-20-2014 at 07:29 AM..
Old 02-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
No! Not the crud! Feel better fast!
Quote:
OHNO!!!! praying the creeping crud leaves you quickly!
Thanks girls...I feel MUCH better today
Quote:

Hello Kitty
(I love nifty...my DH says nifty)
Quote:

you've got this. LCL
Quote:
Marking my place ! FF and I are doing a juice cleanse until Friday. Here's hoping to kickstart my losses for the spring!!!!

Quote:
Im kinda there too...my goals are more abt eating consistently and keeping up my exercise..Im kinda half hearted with throwing out a scale number...

Im trying to keep my focus on building a strategy...focus and habits to be a lifestyle (lifetime change)......and off the number on the scale....I know the scale number means something...it just isn't everything....

I am setting fitness goals....1/2 marathon( Nov..Zappos Marathon).....Im training for a successful trail hike on a significant difficult trail ( Nov? Dec?)...

I found local bike trails (120 miles!!!! total)..and. a long/bike trail from Lake Mead ..and Hoover Dam...and hiking trails in nearby National Parks..
all very good goals
Quote:
You are doing so awesome...
Quote:

I'm so proud for you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
I woke up hungry today Belle. Just 2 more days. I can do it, I can do it!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
yesterday was day one of Phase 2....damn it's brutal

I tried a Jimica yesterday I think it saved me from throwing in the towel I have never tried it, but it is like a starchy apple...dip it in cocoa or bake it with cinnamon...
I was totally starving and wanting to say f$%% it, but I peeled it and....it was filling and pretty darned good
I made my chicken and green beans and I was solid
One more day of phase 2 and then P3 tomorrow .....and I'm down over a pound already, so I'm not complaining....
My goal is to get through my daughters birthday and to my anniversary March 19 and get into the 140s 3 more pounds to the 140s and 24 days to go on this round

You go girl!!!! You can DO this!!!

Jicama is awesome!!!! Peeling is a pain..but DH often does it for me!!!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

I am back on track..after my binge Tues...yesterday walked 4 miles on my break
!! Today Im swamped but Ive got a 2hr break and if I can pull it together Ill walk to Starbucks and treat myself to my new fav drink Iced decaf Americano w/cream and 2 sweetners!! Its about 3 miles r/t!!!!
Eating is great!!