Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
Hey all - hope you are all doing well! I'm doing well this week. Haven't been cheating and have been feeling great with no real cravings. I doubt the scale will cooperate because we are going out of town Thursday-Monday and have to eat out so I'm sure I'll be eating tons of sodium even if I stay on plan... hope you all have a good rest of the week and weekend!
Enjoy your weekend and just make the best choices you can. It's tough eating out! But, it can be done . You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
well...I did great...for a week.
I went skiing with my daughter Monday...ate on plan until...I watched the typical ski lodge stuff...food, drinks, a roaring fire
...it's so hard to be on a constant diet and then not have any success on the constant diet.
Five..I'm with you on this...I so badly want to fix my metabolism but I also want to enjoy life.

I found I am REALLY out of shape skiing KILLED my legs which have always been strong and muscular. I sucked it up and went all day with my kiddo, because she wanted to learn. We left late in the afternoon and stopped and bought take out pizza (no fast food pizza but pizzeria pizza) and I ate two slices and drank that night. I was exhausted...dozed on and off on the couch all night.
I got on the scale today (two days later and of course I'm up 3 pounds
So today...hcg ran through my brain..and I'm saying NO!!!...I believe that it is the cause of many of my problems...I just do I have lost so much muscle mass and tone since messing with hcg for 3 years....and I don't keep the weight off, so why?
So I will slowly get this weight off...I will keep plugging away with good food and exercise and hope something kicks in. The big thing I KNOW now that I need is muscle...when I add muscle, I think the rest will come

FF and Julie...ugh...I know how frustrating the stall is that was the big culprit to my cheating on hcg...or the huge disappointment when I didn't lose what I wanted to lose while on it wishing you both luck

I feel like most of the weight gain is water in the muscle anyway...I am so incredibly sore...top to bottom. It has been many years since I last skied and at least a year of sheer laziness on my part as far as exercise. I have not really climbed a mountain in that long. hiked, yes...climbed, no.
That's nothing of a gain! Btw the sore muscles and the carbs? You may actually come out ahead once the water goes. Skiing is hard! Stay the course, enjoy the workouts, and keep it clean. You can do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
148.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHMYGOSH!!! I there!!!!

now the challenge to maintain!!
I am SO happy for you!! I love that you're committed to exercise too. And agree it is the key to long term maintenance! You are so inspiring!! Come, brag, share, shout it from the computer-we all understand and are celebrating with you!!

Five-

I'm doing fine. Still in the "zone", feeling slimmer and content . My temp was 97.8 this morning, which is crazy high for me!! i use my body temp as a measure of my metabolic health. I'm hypothyroid and my normal body temp is 95!! I'm really happy that my body seems to be handling this round quite well. I haven't been working out as much, but I think it's ok, for now. I'll add more weight lifting back in when I have more fuel. For now, cardio is my focus, but not crazy intense either. Just focused on another full week of losing (hopefully!)

Hope you're all doing well .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Enjoy your weekend and just make the best choices you can. It's tough eating out! But, it can be done . You're doing great!

That's nothing of a gain! Btw the sore muscles and the carbs? You may actually come out ahead once the water goes. Skiing is hard! Stay the course, enjoy the workouts, and keep it clean. You can do it!!

I am SO happy for you!! I love that you're committed to exercise too. And agree it is the key to long term maintenance! You are so inspiring!! Come, brag, share, shout it from the computer-we all understand and are celebrating with you!!

Five-

I'm doing fine. Still in the "zone", feeling slimmer and content . My temp was 97.8 this morning, which is crazy high for me!! i use my body temp as a measure of my metabolic health. I'm hypothyroid and my normal body temp is 95!! I'm really happy that my body seems to be handling this round quite well. I haven't been working out as much, but I think it's ok, for now. I'll add more weight lifting back in when I have more fuel. For now, cardio is my focus, but not crazy intense either. Just focused on another full week of losing (hopefully!)

Hope you're all doing well .
That's great new, Julie! Keep up the good work. Thanks for PMing me.

I am feeling better since spring is doing its thing. I sort of organized my clothes this morning. I was in search for quality workout pants that had a decent rise and a long inseam. I really don't want to deal with my pants sliding down while I workout. I don't need a see through backside when I touch my toes. Finally, please, no riding up in the crotch. I said it. I think I achieved it four tries later through Zappos. I am about to print my return info and send the rejects back.
Monday, I'll learn a non-weight bearing workout that I can do at home while my broken toe heals...four more weeks. I am going to give FMD a real earnest go while doing my at home workouts. If I lose five pounds in two weeks, I'll see that as a positive to keep going. If I sts, I am going to flip out and hop on hcg.
In two weeks, I'll have a doc appt to go over my labs. I got a bunch of tests yesterday. Looking at the paperwork, it shows I am only getting the TSH tested for now. When the doc told me that the insurance co wouldn't cover the other tests for the thyroid, so she wouldn't request them, I wanted to hit the roof. When I made the appt, I asked to be sure that they would give me the full thyroid panel. Even typing this, I am not sure I know what the full panel is and/or if I am making sense.
Anyway, I was seething. I do see a comprehensive metabolic panel, food allergy, respiratory allergy, a test to check for autoimmune disease. I had a mammogram and a bone density.
After a gyno visit and the cortisone test, I'll be ready to go back. She said a month, but I'm going to shoot for two weeks. Why would I wait a month? I want it figured out. If I am truly healthy, then I need to get working on my fitness.
I am sort of rambling so I should go.

BTW, IDK if this is everywhere, but the gap was having a killer sale on random t shirts, long and short sleeve. they were $10. I think I picked up like five. That should get me through the kids sports season until I lose some girth.

Can't stop...is anyone familiar with a condition called insterstitial cystitis? it is painful bladder. my doc is checking me for it.

Last edited by fiveninepointfive; 04-05-2014 at 02:15 PM..
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Five-I'm really sorry they didn't run the full thyroid panel n you . Tsh isn't very helpful. I paid cash and got the order to have my full panel done, you can research it here on LCFs and find out more. Have you tracked your temps at all? It's really simple and an easy way to gauge your metabolism at home. Hope you get some help for the dr and are feeling well. Hope FMD helps too!

I'm still plugging away. Going to do hcg for 5 more days then transition off while my inlaws are in town visiting. I wish I could just keep going for 10 more days, but they're too nosey and would not understand this plan. I barely do, and I'm choosing to do it!

I'm wearing "cute clothes" today and feel great! First time in months I've liked what I've seen in the mirror. That's major progress!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:13 AM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
hello?
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Hello???
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Hello!

This should have been the start of my 3rd week of hcg.....suffice it to say.....It is not.

I guess that's all I have to say about that.

Going back to basics, again. LC is the plan. Wish me luck. I hate coming in here and reporting failure all the time. I don't know why I can't just learn my lesson the first 1000 times and just stick with LC.

LC and steady exercise is the plan.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #157
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Hello!

This should have been the start of my 3rd week of hcg.....suffice it to say.....It is not.

Going back to basics, again. LC is the plan. Wish me luck. I hate coming in here and reporting failure all the time. I don't know why I can't just learn my lesson the first 1000 times and just stick with LC.

joining you
Old 04-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad to have you with me Beach. lol
Old 04-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Old 04-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hello!

I'm sorry it wasn't a good round . It is a very hard plan (mentally hard mostly). It's not a failure...you tried! That's more than a lot of people do. I like the saying "dead men don't wrestle" meaning at least you're fighting!! LC isn't a bad plan...it's my "normal" woe most of the time...and it's yummy I hope it goes well for you . Have some bacon for me .

Beach-how're you doing? Is LC your plan too? Sounds like you could use a hug too! How did you recover from skiing?

Keep fighting the fight ladies! We can do it!!

I'm doing some major cleaning...my parents in law come for a visit on Friday. Nothing motivates like house guests! I'll be wrapping up my hcg round at that time. It's hard enough to stick to it without company!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

Last edited by julieboolie; 04-07-2014 at 09:51 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Julie!

Good luck with the rest of your round, and with your in laws. lol

Second day of clean eating here and feeling pretty good!

Have any of you tried the bulletproof coffee? I've been drinking it the last few days and I think it's definitely helping with hunger. Even saw the scale move down a little this morning which was nice. Still have a bit to go before I get to the weight I was at the beginning of March though. Hopefully I'll get back there soon.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

FF good start!!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Julie!

Have any of you tried the bulletproof coffee? I've been drinking it the last few days and I think it's definitely helping with hunger. Even saw the scale move down a little this morning which was nice. Still have a bit to go before I get to the weight I was at the beginning of March though. Hopefully I'll get back there soon.
I am sorry it didn't work out for you. I don't know if I can muster the strength again either. Three weeks is so long to be hungry.
I am trying to mentally prepare now.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:50 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
As long as you keep coming back, you are doing well.... (she says to herself and others) lol. Weight is up a bit, doing C25k....

I feel like my age is making this a very tough battle. I know the Tamoxifen has put me in menopause but I feel like it is a crazy uphill climb.

Anyway, proud of you all for being here. I read every day but just have nothing to say.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:47 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
FF and beach - I'm there with you.... starting today

low carbed - congratulations!!!! so happy for you!!!!!

hey everyone else

I had a great time in Key West. Didn't stay on plan but I wasn't trying to either. Came back and didn't gain an ounce. That feels great... I love it. I obviously love it too much because I also haven't tried to lose in the last 6 months and I desperately need to get this last 30 pounds off!!!! I'm starting back LC today. That worked for me with the last 30 pounds. I'll still do two lower cal days but they will also be LC. I already have an exercise program in place so I'll stick with that too. My goal is 2.5 pounds per week and I think it's totally doable!
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
I am sorry it didn't work out for you. I don't know if I can muster the strength again either. Three weeks is so long to be hungry.
Thanks so much for the support! Yes, 3 weeks is a long time to be hungry and when the scale isn't moving...there is just no motivation to stick to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
As long as you keep coming back, you are doing well.... (she says to herself and others) lol. Weight is up a bit, doing C25k....

I feel like my age is making this a very tough battle. I know the Tamoxifen has put me in menopause but I feel like it is a crazy uphill climb.

Anyway, proud of you all for being here. I read every day but just have nothing to say.
Olda, great job on the c25k program! I still need to get back to my exercise routine. I was doing soooo good there for a while.

Quote:
FF and beach - I'm there with you.... starting today

low carbed - congratulations!!!! so happy for you!!!!!

hey everyone else

I had a great time in Key West. Didn't stay on plan but I wasn't trying to either. Came back and didn't gain an ounce. That feels great... I love it. I obviously love it too much because I also haven't tried to lose in the last 6 months and I desperately need to get this last 30 pounds off!!!! I'm starting back LC today. That worked for me with the last 30 pounds. I'll still do two lower cal days but they will also be LC. I already have an exercise program in place so I'll stick with that too. My goal is 2.5 pounds per week and I think it's totally doable!
Yay Belle! Glad to have you on board with us! It's amazing that you spent a weekend in Key West and didn't gain any weight! Good for you!

As for me, today is 3 days perfectly on plan. The hunger is gone and I'm down 3.4 pounds already this week! Can't ask for more than that! Hoping I can keep this up and not screw it up again. Actually...why even put that negative thought into the universe? I AM going to stick it through this time until I reach goal. I refuse to be miserable another summer.

Hope everyone else is doing great!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Hey... I have been sick, plagued by allergies, sick again, tortured by migraines...
I am trying to return to some sort of plan...
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:31 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hey... I have been sick, plagued by allergies, sick again, tortured by migraines...
((((((((((L/C librarian))) this has been a horrible allergy season...my dgd has a sinus infection....so does my ds...DH and I are living off allergy meds...Sudafed...and ibuprophen...ARGH

Hoping you feel better.....and find your plan!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That's quite a success!! The Keys are so much fun!! And you didn't gain? Definite bonus!, you'll be losing soon enough. You've got a good plan .

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post

I gained when I did c25k too. Lots of people do when they start running. Very discouraging, but you're doing good things even if the scale isn't cooperating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Yup. It's all mental-mind over matter. And it's exhausting!! I hope you can find the right fit for you. I know how hard it is! .

Quote:
Thanks Julie!

I did BP coffee a few years ago. It didn't keep me full or help the scale, but I also gained a bit from adding in CO too, so I'm an odd duck. What works for most, doesn't work for me . So many folks love it! If it's working, keep it going!

Quote:
Thanks so much for the support! Yes, 3 weeks is a long time to be hungry and when the scale isn't moving...there is just no motivation to stick to it.
As for me, today is 3 days perfectly on plan. The hunger is gone and I'm down 3.4 pounds already this week! Can't ask for more than that! Hoping I can keep this up and not screw it up again. Actually...why even put that negative thought into the universe? I AM going to stick it through this time until I reach goal. I refuse to be miserable another summer.

Hope everyone else is doing great!
Wow! That totally stinks!! no loss, hunger...sounds like something was definitely not working! Whatever you're doing now (LC, right?) sounds great though!! 3.4 lbs down? woohoo! WTG!! You ARE going to stick to it and be thinner and healthier by summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
so sorry! This does seem to be a bad allergy season for so many! Once you're feels well it'll be easier to choose a plan. Rest and fuel for now.

Speaking of summer, it was 93 here yesterday! in AZ we get early summer, so my motivation to drop some weight is pretty strong! Summe dresses, shorts, capris...all start now!

I'm done my "round". Truthfully, I'm not where I'd like to be, but am very thankful I'm not where I used to be either! I won't bore you with details, but I'm actually able to fit into a lot more of my clothing, which was my goal .

We're heading to the Grand Canyon and Sedona again this weekend. My inlaws arrive tomorrow, and we'll be doing a long weekend with them. LC is much easier when I'm traveling!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
That's quite a success!! The Keys are so much fun!! And you didn't gain? Definite bonus!, you'll be losing soon enough. You've got a good plan .

I gained when I did c25k too. Lots of people do when they start running. Very discouraging, but you're doing good things even if the scale isn't cooperating!

Yup. It's all mental-mind over matter. And it's exhausting!! I hope you can find the right fit for you. I know how hard it is! .

I did BP coffee a few years ago. It didn't keep me full or help the scale, but I also gained a bit from adding in CO too, so I'm an odd duck. What works for most, doesn't work for me . So many folks love it! If it's working, keep it going!

Wow! That totally stinks!! no loss, hunger...sounds like something was definitely not working! Whatever you're doing now (LC, right?) sounds great though!! 3.4 lbs down? woohoo! WTG!! You ARE going to stick to it and be thinner and healthier by summer!

so sorry! This does seem to be a bad allergy season for so many! Once you're feels well it'll be easier to choose a plan. Rest and fuel for now.

Speaking of summer, it was 93 here yesterday! in AZ we get early summer, so my motivation to drop some weight is pretty strong! Summe dresses, shorts, capris...all start now!

I'm done my "round". Truthfully, I'm not where I'd like to be, but am very thankful I'm not where I used to be either! I won't bore you with details, but I'm actually able to fit into a lot more of my clothing, which was my goal .

We're heading to the Grand Canyon and Sedona again this weekend. My inlaws arrive tomorrow, and we'll be doing a long weekend with them. LC is much easier when I'm traveling!
Have a great weekend...and P3!
Old 04-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Ladies,
I have a cortisol test kit. It is a saliva test kit. My doc's only instruction are to to test two times in a day. She never said what time. I called twice today and got no answer back. There is a ton of experience on these boards. Can someone tell me if this sounds right, I will take the test at 8 am and 11 pm.
I really want to get all my stuff in so I can have my final appt and review the rest of my blood work.
Thanks!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

all...I'm here bet not very talkative
Old 04-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
all...I'm here bet not very talkative
me neither
Old 04-14-2014, 03:36 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Me either
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:17 AM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning ladies!

Well, I have a full week of perfect LC eating under my belt. Yay! It feels great. Still not exercising again yet, but I'll get to that soon. Baby steps.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:11 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning ladies!

Well, I have a full week of perfect LC eating under my belt. Yay! It feels great. Still not exercising again yet, but I'll get to that soon. Baby steps.
well done!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Deb!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

I made it through day one of FMD (yes, I changed my mind) but I feel like I can do just as well on this...soooo....

Yesterday was a struggle at the end of the day...but I was exhausted and ended up falling asleep at 630pm. So no cheats.

I got on the scale today so that is motivation enough to get it together
Old 04-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay Beach! 1 day down, only 27 more! You can do it!

I go to bed early all the time to avoid eating. Lol
Old 04-15-2014, 02:47 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

6.34 mile walk at the state park....ate well.....I'm at a phase where Im not hungry much..Im eating to provide nutrition to my body..Im not sure how long this will last....nothing is tempting..but I will enjoy this phase while it is here