Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
I hit 150.2 today...I had a biomedical eval ( healthy check) today ( required for our med insurance)..I weighed spot on....bp great....waist measurement ( ???) on target..blood test results next week.... my examiner said"Id love your results" My height has no change..5'9"...my results are due to my commitment to l/c...I'm 59....and my body looks GOOD ( sz 4) for any age
Deb, you are AMAZING inspiration! You give me hope. I can't WAIT to be where you are right now. I KNOW I will get there this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
Hey everyone - I've been absolutely terrible about checking in here. I feel bad for not coming in at least once a day because there isn't an excuse for it. The good news is I am stilllllll maintaining. The bad news is I'm not losing lol. But that is because I am not really trying to either. So it's not like I'm trying to lose and it's not coming off. I'm still at 181 - go back and forth between 180 and 182 usually.

FF - I see that you're doing hcg again and I hope it's going well. I know it really helps you get back in gear. Is julie doing it with you? I only scanned through the posts, sorry. And so sorry about the teams I picked. My bracket blew up! I hope you're at least beating your brother lol!

I hope everyone else is hanging in there. I know I say this all the time but I will try better to check in and be more a part of the group
Belle, I'm so proud of you for maintaining. When you're ready to lose again, you will. But being able to maintain is really the bigger battle and you have that down! Woot!

And don't worry about our bracket...EVERYONE'S bracket blew up! lol This has been a CRAZY March Madness full of upsets.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
I am just nosey and asking a lot of HCG questions! I am hanging in there with FMD, hoping to heal my metabolism. So far, I have to say, I am content. I really thought I would BLOW UP after changing from low carb. I also thought my broken toe and inability to exercise would ruin me. Then there was a major celebration every Friday and Saturday throughout the month of March. I thought I didn't stand a chance and that I would gain tremendously. I feel good though. I am not hopping on the scale for a little while, but I am not feeling like it is all lost.
So even thought I am not losing, I am eating and celebrating and not gaining out of control. I'll take that for now...for now.
I'm so glad you are doing well with FMD. I have to say, it really is the most satisfying diet I've ever done, and I will end up doing another round of it at some point. I just need to get a big chunk of this weight off first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
Deb...I'm not doing hcg...(although the thought went briefly through my head) so I'm with you on the low (ish) carb...well, actually FMD
I am also trying to heal my metabolism

I have been eating crappy for several weeks (well actually, I eat ok...then I binge...eat ok..binge...) you get the picture so I'm back on plan
Beach, I'm so glad to see you on here. And I'm glad you are back on the wagon with us. We always feel better when we're back on plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I took an hour walk with my neighbor instead of Zumba today. She was really sore from combat yesterday . We're going to ease back into the intensity a bit, and that's good, especially for me. We'll Zumba tomorrow. I'll probably leave it at that for this week's exercise plan. Then we're going away to Sedona for the weekend, where I'll be hiking each day. That'll count too, but is so much more fun than an indoor exercise. it's so beautiful there and we could use a few days together as a family! tough on hcg, but I am up for the challenge .

Sounds like everyone is doing well! We're here to encourage, challenge, inspire and support each other. It's a different journey for each of us, but I know we can all get to our goals!!
Your weekend in Sedona sounds like it will be amazing!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning everyone!

VLCD 3 here an down another pound.

So far I'm liking this round! Then again, it's only day 3, but here's hoping things stay the way they've been so far. lol

I've been making my meals with tons of red pepper flakes which really helps. 1) It forces me to eat slower 2) It helps to make me feel satisfied, and 3) I drink a ton of water with my meals since they are so hot. lol

Menu today:
B:coffee
L: curry chicken, lettuce, cucumbers (Yep, I'm combining veggies. whatevs. lol)
S; apple
D: curry chicken, lettuce, cucumbers
S: apple
Old 03-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Beach, I'm so glad to see you on here. And I'm glad you are back on the wagon with us. We always feel better when we're back on plan.
to be honest...I have a reunion with all my hippie friends and old classmates coming up.
Although I know they totally won't judge...I judge me
I can't fit in so many of my clothes and I'm down to the "fat clothes" so I want to lose a minimum of 20 and would love to get to the 130s again to get into my skinny clothes (post hcg for one month clothes)

The biggest change is I'm doing the FMD to lose MORE than 20 pounds, so I increased to amount of food which is actually kind of nice. I can barely eat it all...but hey, if it works

Goal: Maintenance
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I hit 150.2 today...I had a biomedical eval ( healthy check) today ( required for our med insurance)..I weighed spot on....bp great....waist measurement ( ???) on target..blood test results next week.... my examiner said"Id love your results" My height has no change..5'9"...my results are due to my commitment to l/c...I'm 59....and my body looks GOOD ( sz 4) for any age
Old 03-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #126
Blabbermouth!!!

You can do it Beach!!!! When is the reunion?
Old 03-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

June 21

Old 03-26-2014, 03:03 PM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

Phase 2...just sucks!

I really struggle with this phase...but at least I have two and a half days under my belt.

I haven't stepped on a scale for weeks...so I have no idea what I weigh...I'm not sure I want to know what I weigh. It might put me in a deep depression
Or it might not be as bad as I feel
Either way...I might weigh in Friday...I might not
Old 03-27-2014, 05:36 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
beach you can totally do this by June 21st!!!! I like the way the FMD plan works but I don't know if I'm going to try it or not. Doing low carb and having my low days twice a week works when I do it right - it's just doing it right that's the battle haha!

ff - are you at least beating your brother???

low carbed - that's awesome!!!

julie - I love love love sedona!!! haven't been in such a long time but it's beautiful there!
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:31 AM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
to be honest...I have a reunion with all my hippie friends and old classmates coming up.
Although I know they totally won't judge...I judge me
I can't fit in so many of my clothes and I'm down to the "fat clothes" so I want to lose a minimum of 20 and would love to get to the 130s again to get into my skinny clothes (post hcg for one month clothes)

The biggest change is I'm doing the FMD to lose MORE than 20 pounds, so I increased to amount of food which is actually kind of nice. I can barely eat it all...but hey, if it works
I had to do something when my fat jeans were getting tight!! you'll get there!! Good luck!!

Lowcarbed-I didn't realize you were so tall! You're so lean and light!! wtg!!! Amazing! Great job!

HB- don't knock maintaining! That's hard too! It's a great sign that your metabolism is healthy! Good to see you .

FF-good job!! It's nice to be in control and getting results!! WTG!

I did my Zumba class yesterday. It was humbling I used to rock it out! I'll get back to it. A few more weeks low cal, then I'll be peppier!

Thanks for the nice words about Sedona. We love it there and go a few times a year. just beautiful everywhere you look! God really did a gat job there! I won't have my scale or be making all my own meals, so that'll be a challenge, but I'll be good. there's always some event or excuse in life to go off a plan, and I need to set my mind ahead of time that I will not cheat, that it's not worth it, and that i'll be happy later that I stayed the course.

Have a great weekend all!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
June 21

Plenty of time! You can do it!

Quote:
Phase 2...just sucks!

I really struggle with this phase...but at least I have two and a half days under my belt.

I haven't stepped on a scale for weeks...so I have no idea what I weigh...I'm not sure I want to know what I weigh. It might put me in a deep depression
Or it might not be as bad as I feel
Either way...I might weigh in Friday...I might not
It does suck! But you only have one more day of it, right? And then you get to move on to yummy p3 foods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
beach you can totally do this by June 21st!!!! I like the way the FMD plan works but I don't know if I'm going to try it or not. Doing low carb and having my low days twice a week works when I do it right - it's just doing it right that's the battle haha!

ff - are you at least beating your brother???

low carbed - that's awesome!!!

julie - I love love love sedona!!! haven't been in such a long time but it's beautiful there!
No, he's ahead of me Belle. lol He picked Harvard as his bonus so he had a bunch of points early on. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I had to do something when my fat jeans were getting tight!! you'll get there!! Good luck!!

Lowcarbed-I didn't realize you were so tall! You're so lean and light!! wtg!!! Amazing! Great job!

HB- don't knock maintaining! That's hard too! It's a great sign that your metabolism is healthy! Good to see you .

FF-good job!! It's nice to be in control and getting results!! WTG!

I did my Zumba class yesterday. It was humbling I used to rock it out! I'll get back to it. A few more weeks low cal, then I'll be peppier!

Thanks for the nice words about Sedona. We love it there and go a few times a year. just beautiful everywhere you look! God really did a gat job there! I won't have my scale or be making all my own meals, so that'll be a challenge, but I'll be good. there's always some event or excuse in life to go off a plan, and I need to set my mind ahead of time that I will not cheat, that it's not worth it, and that i'll be happy later that I stayed the course.

Have a great weekend all!
You are totally back in the zone Julie! With exercise and your eating. You'll do fine in Sedona this weekend. I'm sure of it. Have fun!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:59 AM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

VLCD 4 here and I was 2 pounds down this morning. Yay! Only 6 more pounds until I'm at the weight I was at the beginning of March. Hopefully I'll be there by the end of this weekend.

Menu today:
B: coffee
L: curry chicken, lettuce, cucumbers
D: curry chicken, lettuce, cucumbers
Old 03-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
I've made it goal. (almost)..

compromise to plan??...sent me back. then I gained..Im a slow loser..for me there is no "magic cure"..my advice ? stay true to plan...when I stayed stable for 7 yrs it was because I accepted my limits ..and focused on my quality of life...not food.... I pray I remember that lesson
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb....

Made it!
Phase 3
Old 03-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Congratulations Deb!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

VLCD5 No change on the scale today. Boo!

Menu today:
L: P2 chili
D: p2 chili
Old 03-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Morning All!

VLCD5 No change on the scale today. Boo!

Menu today:
L: P2 chili
Old 03-30-2014, 09:24 AM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

last day of Phase 3...Phase 1 tomorrow (I like phase 1 best)

I'm doing it... hoping to keep it going for another 3 weeks...and lose a butt ton
Old 03-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
You can do it Beach!
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All! VLCD 9 here and the week2 stalls have hit. I'm going to stay away from the scale this week so that I don't get discouraged.

Menu today:
b: coffee
l: p2 chili
s:apple
s:apple
Old 04-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Ok. I am, seriously, struggling. I could crack and jump on hcg bc all my clothes aren't fitting and my leggings and sweater look isn't going to fly now that spring is here. I just can't though bc I am dedicated to fixing my metabolism. I made a doc appt for Friday. My goal is to have a full thyroid panel done so I can remove that from my list of concerns. I am wondering if there is a way to test your metabolic rate. The best case scenario would be that I am in good health and I just need to try harder and move on.
I feel like it has never been easy for me to lose weight. I also have low energy, cold extremities, low blood pressure and low body temp.
I hate going to the docs, though. I hate the whole scale part. I never ask the right questions and/or retain the info I am told there. Plus, I relive the horror of the three years of doc visits I took my folks to while they tried to fight cancer. I just have issues.
I am not losing weight from FMD, yet. I did take off from the diet practically every weekend in March. I didn't go to town with foods, really, but I did drink wine. I just let down my guard bc I have a broken toe (in a surgical shoe) and I lost hope. I go on Thursday to get an X-ray to assess improvement. I have a good feeling about that visit.
Thanks for the rant.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Five- I'm really sorry! I have totally been there! Those symptoms are mine-low body temp, cold extremities, brain fog, dry skin and hair, gain weight easily, tired a lot....classic hypo. Try taking your morning temperature for a few days in a row. Take that info with you to the dr. I'm diagnosed more on symptoms than blood test results, the tests aren't always reliable. And the tight clothes? That's what drove me to finally give an Rx round a try. I tried everything I could not lose the weight. Nothing worked. It got to the point where I couldn't comfortably wear my fat jeans. I decided that 3 weeks of vlcds couldn't do that much more damage than I'd already done. Fwiw, my temps have been good this round, 97.4 today, which is high for hypo me! I may ironically come out of this better off than I went in. I hope so at least!

Ff-I stalled all of week 2 too . I am hoping week 3 treats me better! Hang in there!

Beach-you got this! Enjoy phase 3 .

Lowcarbdd- WTG!! So happy for you!!

Vlcd17 for me, I was away all weekend and had an amazing time . Sedona is beautiful, the weather was lovely, our family enjoyed relaxing and hanging out together. I even managed to eat super clean and on plan the whole weekend! challenging to eat out so much, but I'm proud of myself. the scale is finally down a bit -2, to 164.4. All good! I'd really like to lose 5 more, but not sure I'll get there this round. I do have 10 or so more days to go, unless something changes, so we'll see . I am getting bored and would like to eat more again . But, I also don't really want to have to do another round...so making this one go as long as I can stand it, and maybe even doing a PI when my inlaws come visit, and then go another week or so, would be better than trying to fit another round in... Time will tell.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:13 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Hey all - hope you are all doing well! I'm doing well this week. Haven't been cheating and have been feeling great with no real cravings. I doubt the scale will cooperate because we are going out of town Thursday-Monday and have to eat out so I'm sure I'll be eating tons of sodium even if I stay on plan... hope you all have a good rest of the week and weekend!
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

well...I did great...for a week.
I went skiing with my daughter Monday...ate on plan until...I watched the typical ski lodge stuff...food, drinks, a roaring fire
...it's so hard to be on a constant diet and then not have any success on the constant diet.
Five..I'm with you on this...I so badly want to fix my metabolism but I also want to enjoy life.

I found I am REALLY out of shape skiing KILLED my legs which have always been strong and muscular. I sucked it up and went all day with my kiddo, because she wanted to learn. We left late in the afternoon and stopped and bought take out pizza (no fast food pizza but pizzeria pizza) and I ate two slices and drank that night. I was exhausted...dozed on and off on the couch all night.
I got on the scale today (two days later and of course I'm up 3 pounds
So today...hcg ran through my brain..and I'm saying NO!!!...I believe that it is the cause of many of my problems...I just do I have lost so much muscle mass and tone since messing with hcg for 3 years....and I don't keep the weight off, so why?
So I will slowly get this weight off...I will keep plugging away with good food and exercise and hope something kicks in. The big thing I KNOW now that I need is muscle...when I add muscle, I think the rest will come

FF and Julie...ugh...I know how frustrating the stall is that was the big culprit to my cheating on hcg...or the huge disappointment when I didn't lose what I wanted to lose while on it wishing you both luck

I feel like most of the weight gain is water in the muscle anyway...I am so incredibly sore...top to bottom. It has been many years since I last skied and at least a year of sheer laziness on my part as far as exercise. I have not really climbed a mountain in that long. hiked, yes...climbed, no.

Last edited by beachagain; 04-02-2014 at 07:34 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

148.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHMYGOSH!!! I there!!!!

now the challenge to maintain!!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry to be Debbie Downer today
Old 04-02-2014, 08:10 AM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
148.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHMYGOSH!!! I there!!!!

now the challenge to maintain!!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Sorry guys.....Im so excited...I told my best friend...but where else can I shout my progress..without being embarrassed..or feeling like Im being arrogant...>>????

I am a slow loser....I am no longer embarrassed by that....my bff said that she saw my consistency and my commitment to physical activity, as my strength this time..she has seen me over the years in my struggle
...I lost 109lbs originally 18 yrs ago....she has seen me maintain for up to 7 yrs...she has also seen me gain 20-30 lbs and have to undo that...she said she would hold me accountable in the area of exercise..since that may be my key to maintenance.....I eat better the more active I am..... I also feel better..have more energy...and enjoy life more when Im active....

My goal is to stay within a 5lb range.....exercising 300-360 min a week....1 day at a time..1 week at a time..until those days and weeks add up to years...sigh...may I remember this
goal made 04.04.14
Old 04-03-2014, 01:12 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sorry guys.....Im so excited...I told my best friend...but where else can I shout my progress..without being embarrassed..or feeling like Im being arrogant...>>????

I am a slow loser....I am no longer embarrassed by that....my bff said that she saw my consistency and my commitment to physical activity, as my strength this time..she has seen me over the years in my struggle
...I lost 109lbs originally 18 yrs ago....she has seen me maintain for up to 7 yrs...she has also seen me gain 20-30 lbs and have to undo that...she said she would hold me accountable in the area of exercise..since that may be my key to maintenance.....I eat better the more active I am..... I also feel better..have more energy...and enjoy life more when Im active....

My goal is to stay within a 5lb range.....exercising 300-360 min a week....1 day at a time..1 week at a time..until those days and weeks add up to years...sigh...may I remember this

Congrats!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:13 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
well...I did great...for a week.
I went skiing with my daughter Monday...ate on plan until...I watched the typical ski lodge stuff...food, drinks, a roaring fire
...it's so hard to be on a constant diet and then not have any success on the constant diet.
Five..I'm with you on this...I so badly want to fix my metabolism but I also want to enjoy life.

I found I am REALLY out of shape skiing KILLED my legs which have always been strong and muscular. I sucked it up and went all day with my kiddo, because she wanted to learn. We left late in the afternoon and stopped and bought take out pizza (no fast food pizza but pizzeria pizza) and I ate two slices and drank that night. I was exhausted...dozed on and off on the couch all night.
I got on the scale today (two days later and of course I'm up 3 pounds
So today...hcg ran through my brain..and I'm saying NO!!!...I believe that it is the cause of many of my problems...I just do I have lost so much muscle mass and tone since messing with hcg for 3 years....and I don't keep the weight off, so why?
So I will slowly get this weight off...I will keep plugging away with good food and exercise and hope something kicks in. The big thing I KNOW now that I need is muscle...when I add muscle, I think the rest will come

FF and Julie...ugh...I know how frustrating the stall is that was the big culprit to my cheating on hcg...or the huge disappointment when I didn't lose what I wanted to lose while on it wishing you both luck

I feel like most of the weight gain is water in the muscle anyway...I am so incredibly sore...top to bottom. It has been many years since I last skied and at least a year of sheer laziness on my part as far as exercise. I have not really climbed a mountain in that long. hiked, yes...climbed, no.
I am feeling your pain. Let's soldier on.