Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Saying it out loud helped..I went and walked 6.16 miles, in between clients.....soo glad I did...now I need to keep it up...NO EXCUSES! Its about taking care of myself.....its about healthy living....and having energy and stamina...looking and feeling my best ..for me...for DH ..for my kids and grandkids....I so want to keep hold of that
You are an inspiration!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 05:29 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Hey guys!

So, I know I said I would not do an hcg round again because it triggers bad behaviors in me....but the last few weeks I've felt really out of control. I have avoided the scale but I can tell I'm gaining weight like it's my job. Every day I say "this is the day" and then I screw up.
I'm quickly spiralling and I need to get myself under control.

After Julie posted about her hcg round, I started reading the hcg p2 thread and it totally motivated me to try another round. So I'm doing it! I'm doing the prescription hcg troches this round. I'm going to spend the rest of this week TRYING to stay low carb in order to make the transition easier, and then I will load Friday and Saturday and then start my VLCD's on Sunday. I hope this does the trick. I need something drastic. I hate feeling like this.
Best if luck to you! I am so intimidated by the Rx HCG! I don't know if I can do it. I'll follow closely and cheer you on from the sidelines for now.

Can you believe Kevin Trudeau got sent to jail? A lot of people peddle alt cures, I feel like his was a witch hunt.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm glad KT went to jail, he mislead so many people!! I remember the kimikins days... We're all looking for a quick weight loss cure and want to believe what they're pedaling... Sigh.

Low-great job on the exercise and doing it alone!! That's a big deal! I'm still less likely to workout without my buddy!

Vlcd3 and still losing my loading/indulging weight. All good, as that first week is usually the best. I'm hoping it'll get me all the way back to the mid 160's where I can actually wear most of my clothing! I think I need to admit its going to take 2 rounds to get where I need to be...but I'll worry about that later!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Julie, are you planning to do a 3 week round?

I'm going to start with a short round but secretly hoping that by the end of that round I'll be breezing along and won't mind sticking to it for an extra 3 weeks. lol
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

I'd like to go longer, but my in laws are coming April 11. That'll have to be my last dose, so vlcd27...so a bit past day 21, assuming my vial lasts that long. It should...10 ml at 150 (or less) iu per day... Should be plenty, even with my measuring inaccuracies and accidental squirting while making sure there are no air bubbles... this Rx stuff is all new to me!!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Hahahah Julie! That's one of the reasons I'm trying RX troches this time...so that I don't have to worry about refrigeration and dosing issues. I'm a little nervous because I haven't really seen anybody else talk about troches...so hopefully it will work just as well as injections and oral drops.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm glad KT went to jail, he mislead so many people!! I remember the kimikins days... We're all looking for a quick weight loss cure and want to believe what they're pedaling... Sigh.

Low-great job on the exercise and doing it alone!! That's a big deal! I'm still less likely to workout without my buddy!

Vlcd3 and still losing my loading/indulging weight. All good, as that first week is usually the best. I'm hoping it'll get me all the way back to the mid 160's where I can actually wear most of my clothing! I think I need to admit its going to take 2 rounds to get where I need to be...but I'll worry about that later!
I so agree abt KT what a snake....and I too remember the ******* days too..a real low point for low carb..you are so right abt people wanting a magic cure...

Congrats on the exercise!! I know what you mean....a buddy makes it so much easier...I only have a buddy on the weekend ..DH...and Im the motivator on those days..LOL
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:43 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

151!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hahahah Julie! That's one of the reasons I'm trying RX troches this time...so that I don't have to worry about refrigeration and dosing issues. I'm a little nervous because I haven't really seen anybody else talk about troches...so hopefully it will work just as well as injections and oral drops.
Ok, what's a troch? I am picturing a patch? Let me know how they work. The injections do require some learning curve, but I'm getting it .

Quote:
151!!!!!!!!!!
woohoo!! WTG!! I need to get my tushie back in exercise mode!! My buddy comes home tomorrow and then I'll be back at it! With the 500cal days, and the month and a half I've had off, it may be a rough transition back to the gym, but it's got to happen sometime!

Plugging away...hunger much better , scale still going down. Wish I'd started lower! but SO glad I decided to go back to hcg...I'd still be gaining if I hadn't. I kind of wish I'd done it a month ago... But live and learn!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Julie, a troche is a little tiny peller that you put under your tongue and let it dissolve.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

You can do it! I hope the weight flies off of you!

Yes, that "fake diet" was a mess. I thought KT was pushing HCG. I guess there is a lot more to the story than I am aware.

add on: I finally found the right article that lists all the "cures" KT was pushing. I hope he loses all the money he got by cheating the sick.

Last edited by fiveninepointfive; 03-19-2014 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: add on
Old 03-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Julie, a troche is a little tiny peller that you put under your tongue and let it dissolve.
That sounds right up my alley. I will look into these troches.
Thanks!

I looked into it...$197, short round?

Last edited by fiveninepointfive; 03-19-2014 at 11:39 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
That sounds right up my alley. I will look into these troches.
Thanks!

I looked into it...$197, short round?
that's more than I've got budgeted...the Rx injections were about $40 all said and done (I think). I hope the weight melts off! I can actually tell my belly has lost a lot in only 4 days, that's exactly what I was hoping for! I've got at least 20 more days to go and would love to be down 12 lbs...I know that's ambitious, but hoping that since the wight is relatively recent I'll have a shot at it. If not, there will be a second round down the road.

Ff-so, is it similar to the hhcg pellets? I've used those before. Not the Rx though. They have a way to mix and dose the Rx sublingually. It's tough for me to picture it though.

Doing well, hunger nearly gone. A little growling from time to time, ESP near when it's time for lunch or snack. Very manageable though.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
that's more than I've got budgeted...the Rx injections were about $40 all said and done (I think). I hope the weight melts off! I can actually tell my belly has lost a lot in only 4 days, that's exactly what I was hoping for! I've got at least 20 more days to go and would love to be down 12 lbs...I know that's ambitious, but hoping that since the wight is relatively recent I'll have a shot at it. If not, there will be a second round down the road.

Ff-so, is it similar to the hhcg pellets? I've used those before. Not the Rx though. They have a way to mix and dose the Rx sublingually. It's tough for me to picture it though.

Doing well, hunger nearly gone. A little growling from time to time, ESP near when it's time for lunch or snack. Very manageable though.
If and when I go big time with the injections, I may need to PM you! You'll lose 12 lbs! I have a good feeling about it!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:16 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Week One of c25k done.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Week One of c25k done.
good job!!

Five-I hope so...I'm already slowing down but its ok! I am liking it so much better!

Not much new here, my belly is deflating, for which I am really grateful!, I don't feel as muffin toppy, which is a big motivator!! I'll likely take a break from the scale until Monday. It messes with my head when there aren't big drops each day. I'll stick to my low cals and keep going.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Week One of c25k done.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:23 AM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Week One of c25k done.

Yay Olda! Congrats!

Quote:
good job!!

Five-I hope so...I'm already slowing down but its ok! I am liking it so much better!

Not much new here, my belly is deflating, for which I am really grateful!, I don't feel as muffin toppy, which is a big motivator!! I'll likely take a break from the scale until Monday. It messes with my head when there aren't big drops each day. I'll stick to my low cals and keep going.
Great job Julie! I'm so happy for you that you're starting to feel normal again!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

Everyone is so quiet. Spring is around the corner...time for all of us to come out of hiding and get to work guys! lol

So I guess I will fill you all in on how my round is going so far. I started loading on Friday. Friday was the first time I stepped on the scale since the beginning of March (when I was actually exercising, eating right, and feeling great). Remember how I said that I felt like I was gaining weight like it was my job? Yeah, I was right. I was up 11 pounds on Friday from my last weigh in which was March 2nd I believe. Ugh. These binging phases I go through really need to stop. I also started TOM on Friday, so maybe that has something to do with my huge gain too. But let's be honest...I ate like it was going out of style for a few weeks there. *sigh*

Anyhow I gained 1.4 pounds on my first load day, and 2.2 pounds on my second load day. I was planning to start my VLCD yesterday, but I woke up starving, so I decided to do a mini load day again. Meaning, I ate what I wanted for breakfast, then just had coffee and water the rest of the day and then I had an apple for dinner. I ended up losing 3.2 pounds when I stepped on the scale this morning. So that was a nice surprise.!

So, all in all I netted only a .4 gain loading, and my VLCD's start today. I'm guessing I won't have a huge drop tomorrow since I already had a big one today, but I'm hoping for at least 2 more gone by tomorrow. I'll be soooo happy when I'm back to the weight I was on March 2nd so I can start losing new weight again.

Menu today is
B: Coffee
L: p2 chili
S: apple
D: p2 chili

Water:120 oz

Hope the rest of you get your booties back in here so that I don't spend this entire round talking to myself. lol

Last edited by FatFatnomore; 03-24-2014 at 06:36 AM..
Old 03-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

So many of you are doing the HCG protocol ..I feel like Im interrupting if I post...
Old 03-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb, only Julie and I are doing hcg.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Deb-NO!! Don't feel that way!! I'm technically doing LC too, just a really low calorie version of it! Come share!! Especially all that exercise! I need inspiration!!

FF-you're off to a good start! Facing that scale was hard for me too! I wish I hadn't gained so much this year, but at least I'm in control now and going the right direction!

Doing fine, hunger minimal, dose 125iu. I'm back to the gym, did my combat class this morning and feel ok. Hope it won't mess up the scale. I added a quest bar (170 calls, 20g protein) to my day and hope that'll counterbalance the workout? We'll see. I hope it will help me lose, not make me retain!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:30 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Julie, I'm hoping to get back to my regular workout routine by the weekend too. I'm taking baby steps. I want to make sure I get in the zone first so that exercising won't make me hungry.

Morning everyone else!

I'm down 1.4 pounds today. I'll take it and hope for at least a 2 pound loss tomorrow. Hey, a girl can hope, right? Just putting those positive vibes out into the universe. lol

My p2 chili was sooooo good yesterday. I kind of wish I was having that again today but I bought a ton of lettuce that I need to use up before I have chili again.

So menu today:
B: coffee
L: chicken lettuce wraps
D: chicken lettuce wraps

Water: 120 ounces
Old 03-25-2014, 06:48 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Julie, I'm hoping to get back to my regular workout routine by the weekend too. I'm taking baby steps. I want to make sure I get in the zone first so that exercising won't make me hungry.

Morning everyone else!

I'm down 1.4 pounds today. I'll take it and hope for at least a 2 pound loss tomorrow. Hey, a girl can hope, right? Just putting those positive vibes out into the universe. lol

My p2 chili was sooooo good yesterday. I kind of wish I was having that again today but I bought a ton of lettuce that I need to use up before I have chili again.

So menu today:
B: coffee
L: chicken lettuce wraps
D: chicken lettuce wraps

Water: 120 ounces
You did a really good job with loading! I was always up like 5 or 6 lbs. LOL!

I just restarted my app for FMD. I am going to try and stay as true as possible for another 28 day detox. I am still trying to heal my broken (in three places) toe, so I need to eat accordingly.
Yesterday, I had a personal training session with non-weight bearing exercises. It felt so good to workout! I will join this gym once my toe heals. For now, I've got a stomach bug kid and two asthmatics, so I am keeping busy.
Good Luck, Everyone!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So many of you are doing the HCG protocol ..I feel like Im interrupting if I post...
I am just nosey and asking a lot of HCG questions! I am hanging in there with FMD, hoping to heal my metabolism. So far, I have to say, I am content. I really thought I would BLOW UP after changing from low carb. I also thought my broken toe and inability to exercise would ruin me. Then there was a major celebration every Friday and Saturday throughout the month of March. I thought I didn't stand a chance and that I would gain tremendously. I feel good though. I am not hopping on the scale for a little while, but I am not feeling like it is all lost.
So even thought I am not losing, I am eating and celebrating and not gaining out of control. I'll take that for now...for now.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Deb...I'm not doing hcg...(although the thought went briefly through my head) so I'm with you on the low (ish) carb...well, actually FMD
I am also trying to heal my metabolism

I have been eating crappy for several weeks (well actually, I eat ok...then I binge...eat ok..binge...) you get the picture so I'm back on plan
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

I took an hour walk with my neighbor instead of Zumba today. She was really sore from combat yesterday . We're going to ease back into the intensity a bit, and that's good, especially for me. We'll Zumba tomorrow. I'll probably leave it at that for this week's exercise plan. Then we're going away to Sedona for the weekend, where I'll be hiking each day. That'll count too, but is so much more fun than an indoor exercise. it's so beautiful there and we could use a few days together as a family! tough on hcg, but I am up for the challenge .

Sounds like everyone is doing well! We're here to encourage, challenge, inspire and support each other. It's a different journey for each of us, but I know we can all get to our goals!!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

I hit 150.2 today...I had a biomedical eval ( healthy check) today ( required for our med insurance)..I weighed spot on....bp great....waist measurement ( ???) on target..blood test results next week.... my examiner said"Id love your results" My height has no change..5'9"...my results are due to my commitment to l/c...I'm 59....and my body looks GOOD ( sz 4) for any age
Old 03-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Hey everyone - I've been absolutely terrible about checking in here. I feel bad for not coming in at least once a day because there isn't an excuse for it. The good news is I am stilllllll maintaining. The bad news is I'm not losing lol. But that is because I am not really trying to either. So it's not like I'm trying to lose and it's not coming off. I'm still at 181 - go back and forth between 180 and 182 usually.

FF - I see that you're doing hcg again and I hope it's going well. I know it really helps you get back in gear. Is julie doing it with you? I only scanned through the posts, sorry. And so sorry about the teams I picked. My bracket blew up! I hope you're at least beating your brother lol!

I hope everyone else is hanging in there. I know I say this all the time but I will try better to check in and be more a part of the group
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote