Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Ive been solidly back on track since..Sunday...restarted exercise today....exercise is my key to hopefulness...and encouragement..tomorrow Ive carved out a 90 min walk..even with my busy work day.....My Disneyland insanity had limits....Im proud of that...and NO nothing I had was worth it...I confess I had oatmeal......1/2 a beighnet...2 T of dole whip...1 corndog.....I skipped the rest.. opps I had 1/4 c of carmel corn ...not all that good.. the only thing I might do again is the oatmeal
LowCarbedD is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 07:16 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Down 1.4 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! even with the stumble at Disneyland!!

152.2 3 lbs to goal!!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Good Luck! You have my blessing. I am struggling. I have down a couple rounds of FMD. During the second spin, I did have some nights off. I am bummed bc it didn't seem to take with me. I am losing or STS. I am afraid to even step on the scale. I'll be ready by Friday, after some good P2s. I am bummed bc I really gave it a go. I am eating veggies from every color of the rainbow. I am following the app. I just don't get it. Even when I took some nights off, I didn't go cra cra.
Now, I am trying to beef up my exercise and switch it all around to more yoga and HIIT. I am doing videos off youtube to keep up the variety. I have reunions, a ski overnight, a rehearsal dinner, a wedding. I was hoping to enjoy them and not worry about my weight.
Today, I started thinking about HCG again, too. I started trying to mentally carve out time after easter. IDK. I am happy with the changes to my hair and skin. I hope the exercise turns on my metabolism.
Thanks for understanding! I feel a bit hypocritical that I'm going back to hcg...nothing else seems to move any weight off of me...even when I was exercising like a mad woman. I do have to say the eating more to recharge my metabolism did bring my body temps up higher (which is supposed to be a good way of determining your metabolic health?) but it also brought my body weight up higher. at least you've stayed controlled and focused and are down some weight this year! That's quite an accomplishment!! I'm sorry it didn't work out as you hoped, but you're still fighting and you will get there!!

Beach-good luck! Italian? That's so hard!!

Low-woohoo! nice loss! And good self control in DL...a bite or 2 is perfect!

I'm eating pretty mindfully, generally LC, and not too many calories. I'm stuck up here at 173.... A good 20 lbs more than I should be. Sigh. I have ordered my hcg and once it comes I'm off to the races. As restrictive as it is, with the appetite suppression it's not that hard. And it's the only thing that has made the scale move for me in the past 3 years. Will it cause permanent metabolic damage in 3 weeks? I'm hoping not! I'm hoping that I'm in good enough shape now, and by using the Rx it'll do a better job at protecting my metabolism. Truthfully, any calorie restrictions will cause a metabolism slow down...weight loss itself causes a metabolism slow down...I'm going to try to balance that with good exercise and upping the calories quickly once I'm done with the weight loss phase. That's my theory . I'm choosing to believe that my stabilization troubles in past rounds were a combination of damaged metabolism from 10-15 years of constant dieting, as well as a mindset of indulgence that rebounded from too much deprivation for too long. Hopeful I've overcome some of these things .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Julie...best of luck to you!!!!!

I too think that those of us who dieted erratically and ate from one extreme to another really messed things up.....

you can find your eating sweet spot!
Old 03-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
Julie...not at all hypocritical....if it worked on me....I'd be all over hcg because I loved how fast and (somewhat) easy it was...it just doesn't work for me anymore.

The FMD has helped a lot...but I am having trouble jumping back on...AND I'm eating so crappy right now...not exercising...ugh
the good news...haven't gained but a few pounds bad news...not losing any either
You can be here regardless because we support anything you do...you are welcome here anytime...and I really want to celebrate your success

Goal: Maintenance
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Hey all - sorry I didn't check in last week. We had bad weather and I was out some with the kids, etc. I'm still hanging in there around 180. Ugh. I got down to 179 but didn't stay. Could be because I'm not eating on plan lol. I love that I can finally maintain but would love it more if I could get my butt in gear and lose the last 30 pounds and THEN maintain haha! Hope you are all doing well
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Oh man....guys....I'm crawling back in here feeling like a cow after celebrating 2 birthdays last week and into this past weekend. Too many celebration meals...too much cake. I don't even want to step on the scale. The worst part? I woke up starving, which is what always happens to me when I go on a food bender.

I'm debating whether I should try fasting for a day or two, or doing the opposite and making the rotel dish since it's so high in fat and will hopefully curb all cravings. Decisions, decisions. All I know is that I better get it under control now before I gain too much weight.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Julie...best of luck to you!!!!!

I too think that those of us who dieted erratically and ate from one extreme to another really messed things up.....

you can find your eating sweet spot!
Thanks! I just feel so puffy and fat right now. I just can't mess around too much more...I'm afraid my body will get used to this weight! if I'm gonna be metabolically challenged, I'd like to be smaller and challenged .

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
Julie...not at all hypocritical....if it worked on me....I'd be all over hcg because I loved how fast and (somewhat) easy it was...it just doesn't work for me anymore.

The FMD has helped a lot...but I am having trouble jumping back on...AND I'm eating so crappy right now...not exercising...ugh
the good news...haven't gained but a few pounds bad news...not losing any either
You can be here regardless because we support anything you do...you are welcome here anytime...and I really want to celebrate your success
Thanks beach! If I had maintained through this year I'd be thrilled! I'm up so much it awful but hopefully, it'll get back off quickly. A girl can dream!
And thanks for being so warmly inclusive . I'll be around, you're stuck with me now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Oh man....guys....I'm crawling back in here feeling like a cow after celebrating 2 birthdays last week and into this past weekend. Too many celebration meals...too much cake. I don't even want to step on the scale. The worst part? I woke up starving, which is what always happens to me when I go on a food bender.

I'm debating whether I should try fasting for a day or two, or doing the opposite and making the rotel dish since it's so high in fat and will hopefully curb all cravings. Decisions, decisions. All I know is that I better get it under control now before I gain too much weight.
Welcome to the crawling cow club!! Moo! We can get back on track. I have to, I'm unable to wear anything!

I'm so ready to get started...I want to be lighter!! Whatever will work I'll do right now, and hcg does work. maybe I can whittle some of weight back off while I wait to get started ?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Julie, I would sooooo jump on the wagon with you and do another round of hcg if I thought I could stick to the protocol without cheating. After my first few rounds though, I've never been able to do a round cheat free so it's basically a waste of my money. It's a bummer though because my first few rounds I really did lose a bunch of weight FAST.

When do you start? I will be cheering you on!

Yesterday started out great and then I ate pizza for dinner.

Somebody slap me!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Quote:

The same exact thing happens to me when I eat too many carbs. I wake up hungry as hell. I don't know when I will learn to stop doing that to myself but I still do it sometimes. I guess it's called living! How are you doing today? Let's do a 500 cal day today and see if that helps you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks! I just feel so puffy and fat right now. I just can't mess around too much more...I'm afraid my body will get used to this weight! if I'm gonna be metabolically challenged, I'd like to be smaller and challenged .

Thanks beach! If I had maintained through this year I'd be thrilled! I'm up so much it awful but hopefully, it'll get back off quickly. A girl can dream!
And thanks for being so warmly inclusive . I'll be around, you're stuck with me now

Welcome to the crawling cow club!! Moo! We can get back on track. I have to, I'm unable to wear anything!

I'm so ready to get started...I want to be lighter!! Whatever will work I'll do right now, and hcg does work. maybe I can whittle some of weight back off while I wait to get started ?
julie - my first round was also my best. I think FF and I are the same person sometimes. I couldn't get through another round after the first one without cheating. I know your round will be awesome and you will lose a ton!!!!
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Julie, I would sooooo jump on the wagon with you and do another round of hcg if I thought I could stick to the protocol without cheating. After my first few rounds though, I've never been able to do a round cheat free so it's basically a waste of my money. It's a bummer though because my first few rounds I really did lose a bunch of weight FAST.

When do you start? I will be cheering you on!

Yesterday started out great and then I ate pizza for dinner.

Somebody slap me!
I too have struggled with night time eating...never used to be my problem . Thanks for cheering...I hope to start any day, once my supplies come. I'm doing Rx this time, my first time, so I'm going to wipe the slate clean and be really strict this round. I hope so, at least . It is effective, but I'm hoping I can make it stick this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
The same exact thing happens to me when I eat too many carbs. I wake up hungry as hell. I don't know when I will learn to stop doing that to myself but I still do it sometimes. I guess it's called living! How are you doing today? Let's do a 500 cal day today and see if that helps you!

julie - my first round was also my best. I think FF and I are the same person sometimes. I couldn't get through another round after the first one without cheating. I know your round will be awesome and you will lose a ton!!!!
Lol at being the same person! Most of us do best out first rounds. It's been a while for me, do maybe I'll get some first round mojo? I hope you're right!! I need to drop at least 20, but usually can manage 15...at this point I'll take anything!

You guys rock! I did my Zumba class today. First time back in a month...and I did fine! Plan to keep it in during my round. I've actually missed exercise. So far my neck and head feel fine...so I'm really encouraged!

Have a great day!!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Morning all, Couch to 5k day one done. I am sick of feeling sick and tired.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm one of the more active posters here? today is my first vlcd (very low calorie day) on hcg...I spent the morning at a sand volleyball tournament with dd(13). Packed my strawberries and had Boars head sliced chicken breast for lunch... Then had a green apple mid afternoon. I'm pretty hungry, tummy growling . I was hoping the Rx would keep me from hunger, and it may yet, but I may need to adjust my dose. I'll give it a few more days, and then see how I feel. I'm pretty happy to be on the wagon and moving forward.

BBQ at the neighbors for dinner...that'll be tricky! Bringing salad and they're doing burgers, (mine with mustard and pickles)...I'll keep my drink glass full and hopefully no one will notice .

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Good to hear youre doing well!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:33 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm one of the more active posters here? today is my first vlcd (very low calorie day) on hcg...I spent the morning at a sand volleyball tournament with dd(13). Packed my strawberries and had Boars head sliced chicken breast for lunch... Then had a green apple mid afternoon. I'm pretty hungry, tummy growling . I was hoping the Rx would keep me from hunger, and it may yet, but I may need to adjust my dose. I'll give it a few more days, and then see how I feel. I'm pretty happy to be on the wagon and moving forward.

BBQ at the neighbors for dinner...that'll be tricky! Bringing salad and they're doing burgers, (mine with mustard and pickles)...I'll keep my drink glass full and hopefully no one will notice .

Hope you're all doing well!
Good Luck! I will try to follow you closely. I feel a round brewing in me, maybe after Easter. I'll be seeking your advice when/if I follow through.

I learned that I have had a broken toe since late November. I knew it was injured, but I just kept buddy wrapping it and pressing on. Well, I finally went to the docs and found out it is broken in three places. I am now focused on getting it healed.
Since FMD seems like the best way to get my body to a healthy state, I'll be following it closely again.
Since I have better insurance, I'll go to a doc in a couple weeks and see about getting my blood done with a full thyroid panel. I've never been diagnosed with thyroid issues. I do not want thyroid issues, but, come on, how can a person have such a hard time losing weight.
I hope you are all well.
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:19 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006

good luck Julie

slapping myself, FF
I'm starting today...AGAIN...I got thru the birthday and anniversary...so I'm good I HAVE to lose weight and get this together...I can do this
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

It sounds like a lot of the group are struggling.... what do you think started the struggling...???
Old 03-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good to hear youre doing well!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveninepointfive View Post
Good Luck! I will try to follow you closely. I feel a round brewing in me, maybe after Easter. I'll be seeking your advice when/if I follow through.

I learned that I have had a broken toe since late November. I knew it was injured, but I just kept buddy wrapping it and pressing on. Well, I finally went to the docs and found out it is broken in three places. I am now focused on getting it healed.
Since FMD seems like the best way to get my body to a healthy state, I'll be following it closely again.
Since I have better insurance, I'll go to a doc in a couple weeks and see about getting my blood done with a full thyroid panel. I've never been diagnosed with thyroid issues. I do not want thyroid issues, but, come on, how can a person have such a hard time losing weight.
I hope you are all well.
it's very hard for me to lose weight too, so I sympathize! If it makes you feel somewhat better, I'm starting this round at 177.4 lbs! so, I need to do something! All the slow and steady methods didn't budge the scale for me, and I'm way up after my car accident and gym hiatus.

Quote:

good luck Julie

slapping myself, FF
I'm starting today...AGAIN...I got thru the birthday and anniversary...so I'm good I HAVE to lose weight and get this together...I can do this
Thanks! Hard, but effective. I get that! Start again! You got this!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Im well aware that when I let go of exercise it's a quick slide with eating....I totally stumbled last week with exercise...Im nervous...my dh is home today not feeling well...so that kinda cramps my routine...but Im going to have to do it anyway....Its like I know this is decision point...My DS who is training me in bouldering and primitive trail hiking is traveling for work the next 6 weeks...he got on me Sat saying that even if he isn't here, he has given me the list of trails I CAN do..I really love it more when he and the grandkids are sharing the adventure...sigh
goal made 04.04.14
Old 03-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey guys!

So, I know I said I would not do an hcg round again because it triggers bad behaviors in me....but the last few weeks I've felt really out of control. I have avoided the scale but I can tell I'm gaining weight like it's my job. Every day I say "this is the day" and then I screw up.
I'm quickly spiralling and I need to get myself under control.

After Julie posted about her hcg round, I started reading the hcg p2 thread and it totally motivated me to try another round. So I'm doing it! I'm doing the prescription hcg troches this round. I'm going to spend the rest of this week TRYING to stay low carb in order to make the transition easier, and then I will load Friday and Saturday and then start my VLCD's on Sunday. I hope this does the trick. I need something drastic. I hate feeling like this.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
It sounds like a lot of the group are struggling.... what do you think started the struggling...???
For me, it just started with birthday celebrations. Cake set off my sugar addictions again and from there I just kept making bad choices.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

good luck Julie

slapping myself, FF
You can do it Beach!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
For me, it just started with birthday celebrations. Cake set off my sugar addictions again and from there I just kept making bad choices.
As one sugar addict to another...I sooo understand
Old 03-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Saying it out loud helped..I went and walked 6.16 miles, in between clients.....soo glad I did...now I need to keep it up...NO EXCUSES! Its about taking care of myself.....its about healthy living....and having energy and stamina...looking and feeling my best ..for me...for DH ..for my kids and grandkids....I so want to keep hold of that
Old 03-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Awesome Deb!!!!! I'm sure it feels amazing!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

FF what part of the country are you living...??? Is it still cold and dreary??
Old 03-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb I'm in Florida. So....no excuses for me not to be working out daily. Lol and I actually was walking for an hour a day for quite a while until this food coma hit me a few weeks ago.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

FF..we lived in Fl for 7 yrs.....the sun sand and temp was awesome..I now live in Las Vegas...we have at LEAST 10 months of out door weather....ok maybe only 8 or 9...but..I need to remember that being outside in the sun...even when its in the 50's is essential...and when we are over 105..I can walk in the early morning....I maintained easily in Fl...I walked... biked...went swimming lots...that helped me eat on plan...don't let life get in the way of HEALTH
Old 03-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hey guys!

So, I know I said I would not do an hcg round again because it triggers bad behaviors in me....but the last few weeks I've felt really out of control. I have avoided the scale but I can tell I'm gaining weight like it's my job. Every day I say "this is the day" and then I screw up.
I'm quickly spiralling and I need to get myself under control.

After Julie posted about her hcg round, I started reading the hcg p2 thread and it totally motivated me to try another round. So I'm doing it! I'm doing the prescription hcg troches this round. I'm going to spend the rest of this week TRYING to stay low carb in order to make the transition easier, and then I will load Friday and Saturday and then start my VLCD's on Sunday. I hope this does the trick. I need something drastic. I hate feeling like this.
I'm right there with you! I said the same thing, and here I am! Hcg really does work for losing, and I'm hing the Rx is more helpful in stabilizing...I also hope my mindset and metabolsm are in better shape too!
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Mine has been a progression...Disneyland, Christmas, new year, Super Bowl, car accident=no more exercise for over a month...all added up to 20 since November . I was also trying to improve my metabolism and get past my carb sensitivity... Sigh.

Day 2 is done! I feel good, no hunger at all. I was stuffed at dinner! I was hungry earlier today, but I hope that will pass. So far, so good
Old 03-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Julie......stay focused.....on health and life...when I do that...Im gold....a slow weight loss...4-5 lbs a month...but consistent is all I can expect.. ..Im post menopausal so change is uphill....so I work on exercise consistently...with little variation....I don't feel deprived..I feel free