Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Stats: +175/154/148
WOE: FMD
Start Date: February 2012/June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
yesterday was day one of Phase 2....damn it's brutal

I tried a Jimica yesterday I think it saved me from throwing in the towel I have never tried it, but it is like a starchy apple...dip it in cocoa or bake it with cinnamon...
I was totally starving and wanting to say f$%% it, but I peeled it and....it was filling and pretty darned good
I made my chicken and green beans and I was solid
One more day of phase 2 and then P3 tomorrow .....and I'm down over a pound already, so I'm not complaining....
My goal is to get through my daughters birthday and to my anniversary March 19 and get into the 140s 3 more pounds to the 140s and 24 days to go on this round
Good work! I've been having those moments lately, where I am about to lose it, but something saves me. I am not trying to be dramatic, it is just hard. I've been following FMD, but with some planned cheats. I did my 28 detox, plus, so I thought it would be okay to have some champagne on valentine's day or wine on my daughter's bday with a bite here and there of treats (we had two parties in one day, so a drink was necessary ) Well, I must be a tough case, bc my weight is climbing up slowly, but surely. I felt like crying, but what would that help.
A friend suggested I do HIIT exercise programs. I found some pretty doable routines on You Tube. Now, I am just trying to follow the FMD strictly. The only bummer is that I have, at least, one event a week, until mid-March, where I know I am going to want to go off the plan a little. It is hard to be on a diet plan for 20 years, plus, an even stricter plan of HCG for the last two years. It made me anti-social. I can't do that anymore. I hope my new workouts and FMD hook me up so I can act like a regular person every now and then without blowing out of my jeans.
Today, I made the lemon slushy for FMD P2. I can see this becoming a summertime treat. It might save me, along with my new found love of hot water and lemon.
Thanks for the vent, Fellow Springers. I hope we all find your way!
fiveninepointfive is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 186/172/130
WOE: medifast/Atkins
Start Date: June 11th 2014
Just noticed how nice this group is! Nice helps! It helps smooth out the rough edges of life,,,,,that makes us eat to much!

I'm on day two,,,the wonderful up day. Tacos:yum my:
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:19 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Five-I totally understand everything you said!! Even the anti social prt of hcg! Me too! I'm looking to lose to a comfortable weight then live life! Good luck to us both!! You're off to a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Good morning everyone! Sorry I've been so quiet this week. Needless to say, it has been a bad week for me as far as eating. Too much junk in the house.

I've been keeping my calories pretty low all week, but what's the good in that when all your calories come from cookies and candy??? Fail! So, I'm a up a few pounds this week and hoping to get them off in the next few days.

The good news is that I'm back to my daily exercise routine again, FINALLY. 3 days in a row. Let's hope I can keep this up!

I weighed in at 179.6 this morning. My goal for this challenge will be to get into the 160.s Anywhere in the 160's will make me happy at this point.

I'm following regular low carb right now (under 20 carbs) and I'll follow this until mid March, and then I'm planning to do another 28 days of the Fast Metabolism Diet.
Jonas like a good plan and I know you'll do we'll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
93 min hike in Valley of Fire!!! The hikes we took totaled 3 miles....2mi. of it in deep fine desert sand.....a trail in rather general terms.( my legs should look amazing for all I put them thru) the other mile was climbing in mildly challenging conditions to overlook points.. I practiced my new skills that DS and DD and DGS taught me yesterday..I did learn a few things...I need to drink way more water..ended up dehydrated a bit..with a headache...eat a protein bar on the trail..even if you don't feel hungry( another big mistake) I waited 7 hrs to eat...NOT a good idea if you are expending that much energy...
when I got to lunch..I had a headache...felt a little sick...and ate very little...I am now hydrated..headache almost gone...sinuses draining...high pollen count today!!!I still totally loved it...we had so much fun...the motorcycle ride to the trails was a blast...80 and sunny....!!
Nice! Sand hike? it's sunn and lovely here too, but not hiking too much, walking at least, but gotta squeeze in some hiking too! Fun goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
I think I am just going to go for a goal that doesn't involve the scale. I am stuck in the 160's ( but is better than being stuck in the 180's-170's like I have been in previous years)

I watched "My 600 lb Life" today on Netflixs. Have any of you watched this? I watched the one about the lady who had been over 600 pounds. I didn't feel so bad about my struggles after watching that... I have decided to be patient with myself and not get so down when things don't go like I thought they would.

I had a funky salad tonight for dinner.. It was a Trader Joes mix with kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and some other stuff...
I would like to get into some cute summer clothes this year. I bought a pair of pants today. They are 2 sizes down from what I am wearing now and they fit ( tight, but they zipped up!). I hope these pants will be loose by summer!
Great goals! The scale doesn't tell the whole story and I agree that having other goals is so good!

Hi everyone else! I'm joining the spring challenge too! I'm back to LC. Calorie counting is too tough to wrap my head around, I'm a LCer at heart, and have been for basically 10 year now. I'm not sure if it'll mess up my metabolism at this point, but I hope the higher calorie level will help things out. We'll see. Still not cleared for hard exercise, dr may want to do an injection in my neck on Tuesday (this is from my car accident 3-4 weeks ago). I'm not sure about it yet, but would like to get on with it!

Walked twice this week and been to the chiro/massage therapist twice too..time consuming! Gonna walk tomorrow again. That's a start I guess. I WAS doing 4 intense workouts a week, and I hope this injury doesn't completely derail me. I'm enjoying sleeping in and not going to the gym :scared: .as we'll see!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Day 5 of the juice cleanse. Down 5.5 pounds and finally broke through to the 170s!!! I hope it sticks after the cleanse is over tomorrow. It's all about clean eating so I think if I can eat clean the loss will stay...

What is everyone's plan for eating this weekend? Weekends are always tough for me...
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post

Hi everyone else! I'm joining the spring challenge too! I'm back to LC. Calorie counting is too tough to wrap my head around, I'm a LCer at heart, and have been for basically 10 year now. I'm not sure if it'll mess up my metabolism at this point, but I hope the higher calorie level will help things out. We'll see. Still not cleared for hard exercise, dr may want to do an injection in my neck on Tuesday (this is from my car accident 3-4 weeks ago). I'm not sure about it yet, but would like to get on with it!

Walked twice this week and been to the chiro/massage therapist twice too..time consuming! Gonna walk tomorrow again. That's a start I guess. I WAS doing 4 intense workouts a week, and I hope this injury doesn't completely derail me. I'm enjoying sleeping in and not going to the gym :scared: .as we'll see!
Juli its going to be fun to watch you make your goal!!!!!

may your healing from the accident be complete and quick!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Just noticed how nice this group is! Nice helps! It helps smooth out the rough edges of life,,,,,that makes us eat to much!

I'm on day two,,,the wonderful up day. Tacos:yum my:
Awe... That is a nice thing to say....
Yes, there is a nice bunch of people here... They have put up with my complaining for a long time.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
Day 5 of the juice cleanse. Down 5.5 pounds and finally broke through to the 170s!!! I hope it sticks after the cleanse is over tomorrow. It's all about clean eating so I think if I can eat clean the loss will stay...

What is everyone's plan for eating this weekend? Weekends are always tough for me...
Great job!
I know it must feel great to break into the 170's! I get stuck in one "decade" for years some times... It is so frustrating. I hope I have now developed some strength to push through and not give up.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
My plans for eating this weekend are to just stay on plan. I have some painting to do so I hope that keeps my mind off of food. Today I had oatmeal for breakfast, a salad from McD's, and tonight I think some sushi from wegmans. I really need to get through this weekend unscathed so I can see a loss wednesday when I weigh.

Jog/walked 2.5 miles today.
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:20 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

154.2!!!! 1 lb down since last week!!!!!!

Walked 12 miles this week..have a Canyon hike today....and a rails to trails 7.6 mile ( paved) trail hike tomorrow at Hoover Dam..!!!!!!!!

Im so thrilled!!!! Being active is so much more fun than just sitting around!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
awesome LCD!!!

I'm done with the cleanse and back to doing two low days a week. I gained 2 pounds back after the cleanse which I expected since I did last time too. I'm feeling great with no cravings for sugar and carbs right now !!!!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:08 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
Start Date: 5/7/11
Hello People!!!! You guys are doing fabulous. I am up to 145 and got serious this morning again. I was happily pretending I was at goal and could eat anything I wanted. (neither of which is true)
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
So I did good this weekend! No cheating and Friday night I ran a 5k with my husband Didnt run the entire time but 90 % of it. The scale showed this morning all my hard work from last week. Feeling motivated! 25 days until I have to wear a bathingsuit.

Hope everyoen had a good weekend!
Kelly
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

153.6 !!!!!!!!!

YES!YESYES!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 11:35 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc15652 View Post
... 25 days until I have to wear a bathingsuit.
The thought of that freaks me out!
I haven't worn a bathing suit for over 20 years!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Juli its going to be fun to watch you make your goal!!!!!

may your healing from the accident be complete and quick!
Thank you!!!

Congrats on your losses!!! You're doing great!!

Everyone is on plan and losing well!!! Wtg!!!

I'm plugging away on LC, not perfect, but making progress. Back down to the low 170's, which is still 20 some lbs too high...but I'll take back to 165 for now. 1 day at a time...and this ones a doozie!! Dropping my car off then taking dh to work, dr at 9:30 (which is almost an hour from dh's work!) not sure how that'll work? Then go back to get him later...and similar insanity tomorrow but with friends coming for dinner in there too!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Hi. Everyone is doing so well. I love all the hiking stories. One day, I'll be back to doing what I love, too. Right now, I need to stay focused when I can bc I have definite days I am taking off from FMD!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc15652 View Post
So I did good this weekend! No cheating and Friday night I ran a 5k with my husband Didnt run the entire time but 90 % of it. The scale showed this morning all my hard work from last week. Feeling motivated! 25 days until I have to wear a bathingsuit.

Hope everyoen had a good weekend!
Kelly
Old 02-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG girls!

I've been on plan, even coming in lower on calories some days (1200-1300, all LC) and some higher up to 1800-2000 calories...sticking with LC, and I'm up a lb? I'm guessing the loss of my intense exercise is catching up with me? It's been a month since I've really hit the gym hard . I can't seem to make myself go just to do the boring elliptical. I'll see the chiropractor today and will see if he'll permit me to try my classes to pain. I would benefit from that!

I'll confess...I'm disappointed . I expected the scale to drop back down more quickly...sigh. I'll be patient and stay the course. Another week LC won't hurt .
Old 02-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
WTG girls!

I've been on plan, even coming in lower on calories some days (1200-1300, all LC) and some higher up to 1800-2000 calories...sticking with LC, and I'm up a lb? I'm guessing the loss of my intense exercise is catching up with me? It's been a month since I've really hit the gym hard . I can't seem to make myself go just to do the boring elliptical. I'll see the chiropractor today and will see if he'll permit me to try my classes to pain. I would benefit from that!

I'll confess...I'm disappointed . I expected the scale to drop back down more quickly...sigh. I'll be patient and stay the course. Another week LC won't hurt .
Keep up the good work..its going to show up really really soon!! I know this...REALLY!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

How is everyone? Those of us that were doing the Fast Metabolism Diet, how is it working for you? I am trying to follow it daily, with time off for events. Recently, I had to throw a bachelorette party for a gf of mine that works weekends. We all got together on a Wed. I stayed P2 until the guests started to arrive, 6:00ish. Well, it took about 2 drinks before I was feeling like I had had too much. I guess I didn't have enough food in my system. I'll file that info away for later.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Morning ladies!

I just got back from a 4 day girls trip. I lost 4 pounds!!!!! Omg, that has NEVER happened. I think it's because we walked everywhere and spent two of our nights there dancing the night away. I guess I need to go dancing more often! lol

So, the rest of this week I will eat mostly low carb with 2 days that will be mini cheats because of bday celebrations, and then next Monday I'm going to jump on another 28 day round of FMD. I'm losing just fine sticking to low carb...but I miss the FMD foods. lol And also, I truly believed it helped to heal my metabolism and I'd like to give it another 28 days to improve it even more.

Beach, how are you doing on your round?

How is everyone else?
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
epic fail
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:39 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

I will be 160 soon if y'all dont come back here!!!!! I do much better when I think about my weight and all of you every day.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
I will be 160 soon if y'all dont come back here!!!!! I do much better when I think about my weight and all of you every day.
Im here for ya!!!!

Had a stumble this weekend at Disneyland....wont weigh until Friday...I don't think I could take the disappointing number...committed to returning to exercise today...it will improve my mindset..
Old 03-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
Start Date: October 26, 2007
I'm here Olda! You can do it. Summer will be here before you know it and if we don't take care of this now we're going to really regret it in a few months.

I'm doing a 500 calorie day with Belle today, so I'm going to stick to coffee and water all day and then make a nice salad tonight topped with some leftover steak from last night's dinner.

I woke up late this morning and missed my walk. I was so upset. I guess I need to start setting my alarm again. So I'll probably do a WATP video tonight, or else wait until my DH gets home from work and then go do my walk outside tonight. We shall see.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Like the way I blame all of you instead of taking responsibility? lol I am so far gone.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:52 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Like the way I blame all of you instead of taking responsibility? lol I am so far gone.
hehehehehehe
Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
epic fail
Quote:
Im here for ya!!!!

Had a stumble this weekend at Disneyland....wont weigh until Friday...I don't think I could take the disappointing number...committed to returning to exercise today...it will improve my mindset..
DL is a challenge! Those churros! You're back on the wagon and will be fine

I'm up! Sigh. I'm also considering drastic measures to get the weight back off. Not being able to workout since the accident is making the weight climb even faster. I'm going to try the Rx hcg. I know, I said I'd never do another round of hcg...and I didn't plan to. But, I've heard good things about the rx over the homeopathic and decided to give it a month. I'd like to believe my metabolism is healthy enough to handle it (temps in the 98's theses days) but not sure. I'm continuing to gain while eating LC and keeping calories on the lower side...makes me worry. The exercise does seem to keep the weight more stable, so hopefully iI'l be able to get back to the gym as I'm finally making some progress with my neck!

Sigh.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
I'm here....I made it one day this week and my dumb hubby is taking my DD ( to her) to an Italian restaurant tonight. Of course...I'm going...but I'm not going to have very good options.
I'll do my best and start again tomorrow...I have to fit into my ski pants in the next few weeks....so I have no choice
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:18 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
DL is a challenge! Those churros! You're back on the wagon and will be fine

I'm up! Sigh. I'm also considering drastic measures to get the weight back off. Not being able to workout since the accident is making the weight climb even faster. I'm going to try the Rx hcg. I know, I said I'd never do another round of hcg...and I didn't plan to. But, I've heard good things about the rx over the homeopathic and decided to give it a month. I'd like to believe my metabolism is healthy enough to handle it (temps in the 98's theses days) but not sure. I'm continuing to gain while eating LC and keeping calories on the lower side...makes me worry. The exercise does seem to keep the weight more stable, so hopefully iI'l be able to get back to the gym as I'm finally making some progress with my neck!

Sigh.
Good Luck! You have my blessing. I am struggling. I have down a couple rounds of FMD. During the second spin, I did have some nights off. I am bummed bc it didn't seem to take with me. I am losing or STS. I am afraid to even step on the scale. I'll be ready by Friday, after some good P2s. I am bummed bc I really gave it a go. I am eating veggies from every color of the rainbow. I am following the app. I just don't get it. Even when I took some nights off, I didn't go cra cra.
Now, I am trying to beef up my exercise and switch it all around to more yoga and HIIT. I am doing videos off youtube to keep up the variety. I have reunions, a ski overnight, a rehearsal dinner, a wedding. I was hoping to enjoy them and not worry about my weight.
Today, I started thinking about HCG again, too. I started trying to mentally carve out time after easter. IDK. I am happy with the changes to my hair and skin. I hope the exercise turns on my metabolism.