Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
Hi Ladies

Sorry yesterday was such a busy day I never got to check in. I had a great weekend! Friday night my 6 year old had a stellar tball game. He plays sooo good for his age its fun to go and watch. They have already picked him to go on the traveling team this summer and the season just started. Very proud of him. Saturday we took the kids to Gatorland and then to a friends for a bbq/picnic. I did good all weekend until Sunday. I caved on Sunday. Was feeling a bit hung over from our bbq the day before that I wanted some carbs to make me feel better. So needless to say yesterday morning the scale was up 4 pounds! But luckily today it was back down at least 2. I had FINALLY hit 179 on Friday and Saturday morning and then blew it on Sunday. SO I weighed in this week at 181. Didn’t gain but didn’t lose because of my cheat day. Lesson learned. No more cheating so I can hit the 170’s for our end of the challenge

Tasha- Please keep us posted! So scary! I know the last 2 months of my pregnancy my son barley moved. They were afraid it was due to my blood pressure meds I was on. I had to go into hospital once a week and have them do a non-stress test on him. The first thing they would do is pump me with all kinds of sugar to get him going. Juice, cookies …. I pray your daughter is doing ok

Michelle- That was prob terrible getting your appendix out. Wish you a speedy recovery!

Theresa- way to go hitting up the Y!!! I’ll tell you that when you start to workout you won’t see the scale move as much as you would like. That’s because you are building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. True story…

Cheryl- that hotel sounds nice! You’ll have to let me know which one it was in case I go over to the east coast and stay. Wasn’t the weather great?? Cocktails at the Tiki bar on the beach!! Sounds like so much fun! I am sooo looking forward to a couple days away in 2 weeks.

Tammy- great job on the water! The only thing I notice with sweeteners when I drink them is that they trigger my hunger more. Although other times it helps me if I am hungry and I drink a diet soda to get me through my hunger. So not sure.

Hope everyone has a great day and we get good news soon on Tasha’s daughter

B- 2 hardboiled eggs
S- Almonds
L- Salad with grilled chicken
D- Protein shake
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mortgagemom
Stats: 218/212.8/145 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
Dd is on the way to the ER. Hadn't felt baby kick this morning at all and her belly looks weird, like she is all balled up out in front. She said she's shaken her belly around all morning and nothing. Called doctors office and they told her to go to ER. Please pray that it's nothing...worries me
Prayers coming your way Tasha! Same thing happened to my DD with her youngest DGS. He just ran out of room to move. Hoping it's the same with your DD. Scary non the less. Do let us know. (Hugs)
mortgagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Oh and here is what I have for thsi week results. if i missed someone or messed up on a number just let me know

St. Patricks Day Challenge

2/10 2/17 2/19 2/24 3/3 3/10

Kelly 191 183 181 181
Cheryl 191 191
Tasha 226.5 219.5 219.5 214.5 220
Tammy 220.8 219 217.8 217
Theresa 215.6 213.2 212.8 215.6
Michelle 203 203
Lori 181.4 179.8 178
Lizzie 205.6 195.4
Kiki 216 216
Old 03-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
I am drinking LOTS and LOTS of water. I'm challenging myself to drink it plain, without any added mio or crystal light or anything. I sometimes wonder if the extra sugar free sweeteners are slowing me down, so I'm trying to flush my body with at least 57 - 64 ounces of pure unflavored water every day. I really do not care for pure unflavored water.... but it DID get the scale to move again and I LOVE
I hear ya on the water Tammy - I HATE plain water too

I've been forcing myself to alternate Crystal Lite and plain water. We also recently started making our Crystal Lite with 1/2 the mix (2-quart packet for a gallon) and we've gotten used to the taste. Baby steps.......

Congrats on getting the scale to move
Old 03-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
ok....just got back. They monitored for about an hour and a half, heartbeat is strong, her blood pressure was really scary high but it is back to normal and she has no proteins in her urine. They said her blood pressure may have been caused from stressing out because the baby hadn't moved. She still hadn't moved but her heart beat was good and steady. They said she had a couple little contractions but nothing to worry about, so we are good So thankful it wasn't anything.

Tammy- I am not a water drinker. Hate it. The only time water is really good to me is if it is really hot outside and the water is really ice cold. However.....I know I have to have it but I also put stuff in it. I usually have the Great Value Peach tea or the Strawberry Banana. Occasionally I will have straight water but makes my lip curl to think about itl yuck.

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 203 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Tasha, GREAT NEWS!!! I'm sure you are all so relieved!!! Hopefully the baby gets here soon and you'll have a new little one to snuggle!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Whew!!! What a relief Tasha!!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc15652 View Post
Hi Ladies

Sorry yesterday was such a busy day I never got to check in. I had a great weekend! Friday night my 6 year old had a stellar tball game. He plays sooo good for his age its fun to go and watch. They have already picked him to go on the traveling team this summer and the season just started. Very proud of him. Saturday we took the kids to Gatorland and then to a friends for a bbq/picnic. I did good all weekend until Sunday. I caved on Sunday. Was feeling a bit hung over from our bbq the day before that I wanted some carbs to make me feel better. So needless to say yesterday morning the scale was up 4 pounds! But luckily today it was back down at least 2. I had FINALLY hit 179 on Friday and Saturday morning and then blew it on Sunday. SO I weighed in this week at 181. Didn’t gain but didn’t lose because of my cheat day. Lesson learned. No more cheating so I can hit the 170’s for our end of the challenge
What a great weekend!! 6 years old is such a fun age! You know, sometimes I think we need a little room in our WOE to splurge or we go nuts, although it's good to remind ourselves why we don't do it often!!! I have learned that I REALLY need to avoid alcohol....I love Bourbon....but if I indulge....even just a little, it really screws up the scale and it ALWAYS makes me crave carbs.....which I don't keep in the house, so I don't indulge....but then I get cranky! So I find I do better just to avoid it....at least for now. With the wedding coming up so darn fast I really want to lose as much as possible before then. It won't be such a race to the finish line once the wedding is over. You will easily be in the 170's by the time the challenge is over.....you're right there!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 03-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
tASHA

Great news -
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks you guys I was so worried going down there, she has had so many friends lose their babies in the 3rd trimester, was very scary.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Great news Tasha I bet you are relieved!

I made it to onederland! I knew I felt skinnier last night whooshed off 2.8 lbs man thats a good one. Think I found a sweet spot and I am gonna ride this wave. Nothin planned this week will make it easier too. Holy crap am I excited this morning cant hardly contain myself!

I think it has something to do with getting the poisonious leaky appendix out and then off the antibiotics too, my bod has been fighting infection for who knows how long so now it can concentrate on losing!

Told DH and he said I hope you liked your menu yesterday! I said I like even more now!

Last edited by MichelleHu; 03-12-2014 at 06:37 AM..
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Michelle, that's wonderful!!! Congratulations!

I'm just very discouraged with myself because I haven't done very good on this challenge and am back to the questioning myself point. I hate how I am up and down on this woe. I think my problem this week is not having gone to the grocery store. So many things going on, haven't had the chance to go. I made my list and menu out but.... Can't go this evening, have to go pick up dgd after work, dh has a doctor appt and won't be home until later, I don't even have eggs. Really stinks because I had such good momentum last week I should be done under 210 now and instead I'm at 218.

We should make another challenge after this one is over for Memorial Day! Maybe I'll have my shi$ together by then.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What a great weekend!! 6 years old is such a fun age! You know, sometimes I think we need a little room in our WOE to splurge or we go nuts, although it's good to remind ourselves why we don't do it often!!! I have learned that I REALLY need to avoid alcohol....I love Bourbon....but if I indulge....even just a little, it really screws up the scale and it ALWAYS makes me crave carbs.....which I don't keep in the house, so I don't indulge....but then I get cranky! So I find I do better just to avoid it....at least for now. With the wedding coming up so darn fast I really want to lose as much as possible before then. It won't be such a race to the finish line once the wedding is over. You will easily be in the 170's by the time the challenge is over.....you're right there!!!
Thanks Tammy, and yes I love 6 but man it can also be exhausting! lol!He is a tornado in my house. I can clean and with in minutes he has the whole house torn upside down, but he has the most adorable and funny personality so it makes up for it.Plus he loves his momma so it makes it even better. And there is no way I could go without a low carb beer or low carb rum drink on the weekends. It keeps my sanity but also hinders my weight loss so kudos to you for havign the power to say no. I'll have to get there one day
Old 03-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Sorry Tasha! you have a lot going on now too with your daughter...and with this woe you always have to be prepared with groceries in the house or else its too easy to get a hold of the food that isnt good for us. Maybe dont be so hard on yourself for this challenge and we can make up a new one next week for Easter?I'd be up for it.

oh yeah

B- 2 hard boiled eggs
S- almonds
L- salad with pork chop
D- protein shake
Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
Wow, Michelle, that's wonderful!!! Congratulations!

I'm just very discouraged with myself because I haven't done very good on this challenge and am back to the questioning myself point. I hate how I am up and down on this woe. I think my problem this week is not having gone to the grocery store. So many things going on, haven't had the chance to go. I made my list and menu out but.... Can't go this evening, have to go pick up dgd after work, dh has a doctor appt and won't be home until later, I don't even have eggs. Really stinks because I had such good momentum last week I should be done under 210 now and instead I'm at 218.

We should make another challenge after this one is over for Memorial Day! Maybe I'll have my shi$ together by then.
I hear ya!!!! I am not even getting on scale - how about we do an Easter Bunny Challenge first? That will be about 30 days and from there we move on to a Memorial Day one? We will keep going until we get it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle, that's AWESOME!!!! How does Onderland look???? I've been wondering about that for YEARS!!! I want to get there before DD's wedding April 24th....that's my 1st goal!!! You have hit a major goal and there is nowhere to go but down!!!

Tasha, please don't be so hard on yourself!!! Ok....you may not have hit your full goal for this challenge....but you HAVE lost 8.5 pounds.....that's A LOT! Seriously.....think of 8.5 pounds of butter sitting on your countertop right now....that's no longer on your body....that's a great accomplishment!! I for one DEFINITELY want another challenge for us after this one, I love the momentum and find it helps me tremendously to stay active and plugged in here.

Kelly, I remember those days so well.....I loved my babies, but I must confess that it's AWESOME having them around as adults now! I also find it curious that I tend to drink less now that they're grown and gone...... I'm not saying that they drove me to drink....

Well ladies, I hope everyone is having an AWESOME Wednesday! Let's stay focused and keep moving forward!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

I'm all for an Easter "Bunny" Challenge - looks like it will take me that long to lose the 10 from this challenge! LOL!!

The scale was kind today - down 1 pound! Yay!!

Michelle - WAHOOOOOO!!!!!! So happy for you

Tasha - hang in there....you've had a whole lot of life getting in the way these last few weeks. Stay the course and you'll be dropping pounds again soon Tammy is right, you've done awesome - 8.5 lbs!!!!!

KC - I loved 6 yrs old Old enough to get around and still snuggly

Tammy - sorry you can't indulge in your bourbon I would seriously die if I couldn't have a glass of wine or low carb beer once in a while. I'm sure it slows me down, but I don't want to stop living in order to diet. We posted at the same time, so the wedding is right after Easter!!! I swear we sent our kids to catholic schools so we could drink at practically every event The only time they weren't selling wine/beer was during parent teacher conferences - when you could really use it!! LOL

Ohhhhh, I can't wait for tonight's dinner. I'm making country buttered cabbage with bacon and a side of kielbasa sausage......Mmmmmmmmmm!!! Haven't made it before but it sounds yummy. The chicken last night was a big hit with DH. I'm having fun trying out new recipes on this WOE!

Catch ya's later!

Last edited by mortgagemom; 03-12-2014 at 08:57 AM..
Old 03-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really want to start the Easter Challenge at 187 so we will see - I am having hard time eating high fats like ground beef, sausage, makes me sick. Which is why I am so hungry - and I am a mood eater -
Old 03-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgagemom View Post
I swear we sent our kids to catholic schools so we could drink at practically every event The only time they weren't selling wine/beer was during parent teacher conferences - when you could really use it!! LOL
You are too funny!!

The buttered cabbage and Kielbasa sounds great....I can't get DH to eat cabbage for nothing though!! I have a new recipe for you....if you like portabella's you'll love this! I was looking for a way to still enjoy the spaghetti dinner that my family LOVES.....seriously, I make a big spaghetti dinner at least once a week. I can only do so much spaghetti squash, and I don't love the shirataki noodles. I do make the Dreamfields pasta and I LOVE that.....but I don't entirely trust it....I just don't understand how they get rid of all of those carbs. Soooo....here's what I do now: I make my sauce from scratch and I make it with a lot of Italian sausage in it. Then I take a big Portabella Mushroom top, take the stem out and sauté the whole cap in butter & Garlic. Then I put it in a baking dish, spoon some of the sauce with the sausage into the cap and top it all with Mozzarella. Put it under the broiler until the cheese gets all golden and bubbly, then top it with a little basil and cilantro.....it is AMAZING....very filling and absolutely no pasta. It looks rather nice too.....so while everyone else is chowing down on the pasta I have my stuffed mushroom cap. I did the macros and whole thing with sauce, sausage, cheese, etc is less than 300 calories and under 7 carbs....most of those are from the sauce.

Cheryl, Can you stick to leaner meats and add your fat in other ways.....like butter, oils, mayo...etc? I put butter & coconut oil on and in everything....But one thing I have seen on these boards is that some people are more predisposed to lower fat while others are predisposed to higher fat....you have to do what feels right for you!!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
You are too funny!!

The buttered cabbage and Kielbasa sounds great....I can't get DH to eat cabbage for nothing though!! I have a new recipe for you....if you like portabella's you'll love this! I was looking for a way to still enjoy the spaghetti dinner that my family LOVES.....seriously, I make a big spaghetti dinner at least once a week. I can only do so much spaghetti squash, and I don't love the shirataki noodles. I do make the Dreamfields pasta and I LOVE that.....but I don't entirely trust it....I just don't understand how they get rid of all of those carbs. Soooo....here's what I do now: I make my sauce from scratch and I make it with a lot of Italian sausage in it. Then I take a big Portabella Mushroom top, take the stem out and sauté the whole cap in butter & Garlic. Then I put it in a baking dish, spoon some of the sauce with the sausage into the cap and top it all with Mozzarella. Put it under the broiler until the cheese gets all golden and bubbly, then top it with a little basil and cilantro.....it is AMAZING....very filling and absolutely no pasta. It looks rather nice too.....so while everyone else is chowing down on the pasta I have my stuffed mushroom cap. I did the macros and whole thing with sauce, sausage, cheese, etc is less than 300 calories and under 7 carbs....most of those are from the sauce.

Cheryl, Can you stick to leaner meats and add your fat in other ways.....like butter, oils, mayo...etc? I put butter & coconut oil on and in everything....But one thing I have seen on these boards is that some people are more predisposed to lower fat while others are predisposed to higher fat....you have to do what feels right for you!!

We LOVE mushrooms!!! I'll definitely have to try this - thanks!!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

That Portabella mushroom recipe sound delicious!! I am going to try it too!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm up for an Easter challenge! I don't even know when Easter is this year. I've been so focused on getting dd to 'the day' and trying to keep dgd from feeling left out that I've not paid much attention to anything else.

Got home from work, played with dgd a little, dh got home and when I walked in the kitchen....big fat $122 speeding ticket on the fridge. So mad at him. He has only worked about a week since December 1st and he was actually laughing. He is not my favorite person right now. So mad Did I mention that I'm mad?
Old 03-13-2014, 05:35 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

I bet he wasnt laughing for long. Thats a big ticket holy moly.

Yes an Easter challenge, want to keep my good momemtum going. Want to be able to hippety hop right into shorts that arent stretchy this year. Lotta fat years and that was fun and all, I like food but it wasnt that fun and I am so over it. Down almost a lb this morn and tom showed up dont know how it was even possible to lose the last 3 days when he was coming I am just baffled. I should have been up 3-4 lbs. Not lookin a gift horse in the mouth glad I tracked everything theres st pattys day magic in those menus I think.

Last volleyball game tonight for DD13 already on a painkiller for the cramps, tonight should be fun, I hate Tom. Mom coming we are doing chinese before the game. Just getting steamed veg and shrimp. Have to find a way to add some fat to it. Today is my birthday so she is bringing a cake. Gluten free she is an all natural sugar person, with honeys and such. Will have a bite then cut off a piece to freeze and save for later sometime.

4 days left tom better not screw em up he usually takes a few with him when he is leaving so thats my hope!

Last edited by MichelleHu; 03-13-2014 at 05:36 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!

Oh Tasha, that sucks about the ticket.....just keep reminding yourself that prison orange is NOT your color!!!

Michelle, that's awesome that you've been losing even while PMS was upon you.....maybe you'll get a nice big Whoosh when he leaves!

Well Kids, Just a quick check in, I'm headed off to an all day meeting with the corporate folks....I have to drive at least an hour (if I'm lucky) across LA in traffic to get there! They'll bring in lunch though and they promised me a nice Fajita / Salad bar so I'll have plenty of great choices. My daughter will be there to (We work for the same company) so at least we'll get to spend the day together.....even if it is a corporate meeting!

I'll check in later, have a great day!!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:09 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michelle, that's great that you're losing and TOM is here. I always either gain or don't lose, have never been that lucky! I hate it too and seems like the older I get the worse it gets.

Tammy, LOL, it most def is not my color! I told him I wasn't paying for it and it wasn't coming out of our 'bill' money so he had to find a way to pay it. He has gotten stopped for speeding before but they usually ended up giving him a seat belt ticket because he refuses to wear one, and he makes me go online to pay them. Not this time, he can pull up his big boy drawers and do it all himself. Tired of playing Mommy to more than my kids. Fajita/salad bar sounds so good! I forgot my lunch today so not sure what I'm having Hate not being prepared! Enjoy your day with dd even though it is a work thing!

I'm just kind of hanging in here until I can get to the grocery store. Gotta leave in about 20 minutes to go give blood. Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am here -

Giving up my boss's son for Lent didn't work - just finished with a meeting with him (God knows I tried)

Tasha - He actually posted it on the fridge? I was always "Mommy" to my past two ex's - sucks. Always got "It's no big deal".

Hi to everyone else - BBL!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
I am here -

Giving up my boss's son for Lent didn't work - just finished with a meeting with him (God knows I tried)

Tasha - He actually posted it on the fridge? I was always "Mommy" to my past two ex's - sucks. Always got "It's no big deal".

Hi to everyone else - BBL!
Yeah, hid it under an envelope and I saw Federal something or another on the envelope and I asked him what it was and he started laughing.....so took it down and saw the amount and then started reading it, I'm guessing he was hiding it, don't know any other reason he would have had it under the envelope. Oh well.....not mine to worry about. He went to the doctor yesterday and was telling me how he'd told them about it and they asked him if I knew yet, and (laughing as he was telling this) he said no but I'm sure she will before the day is out. I just don't see anything funny about it at all.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ashley blew a toll booth in Miami - something about it being a Sunpass lane. Anyway, since I am on the title, I get the fine in the mail and she is like, - well, my darling, they took a picture of your car and license plate...........

She paid the fine.......
Old 03-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I'm gonna put one of those notices in the newspaper that you see now and then about I'm only responsible for my own debts.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:02 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Mornin'

I did have a very small piece of my bday cake it was delish my moms gluten free recipes are really coming along. Didnt ruin my whole day still lost .4. Plan to be perfectly on plan today as I have 3 days before DH and I go out to the casino overnight for his bday. Mom is babysitting. We will have drinks but have my food planned, there will be a couple days recovery from the after effects getting that post alcohol water weight off.

3 days till st pattys make em count!