Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Mortgagemom – thanks, let’s do this!

Sueshe – I completely agree with you. My dr wanted to induce mine and I said…NO. Someone once told me that the increase in induced labor and c-sections is so that it happens at the DR’s convenience and not Mother nature’s.

Cheryl – hope you feel better soon

Tammy -

Nothing more to report. Posted my weight earlier and happy to be down a little today!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
Good Afternoon Ladies! Happy Wednesday!

Everyone looks like they are doing such an awesome job of staying on their diet! Awesome! Kudos to you Tasha!! I don’t think I could ever go to Pizza Hut and order a salad. I’d have to stay clear of pizza places or else I think I would cave. So good for you!! I’ll have to hit Tammy up one day for her carb-less Pizza recipe…..

Having good vibes about staying on the diet this weekend..its going to be tough….My Pops is coming into town from NJ to visit for the weekend and he loves taking all of us out to eat. Maybe I use Tammy’s philosophy and pick the places where I know I can stay on track.

Here’s todays menu

B- Egg whites with spinach (this is getting boring)
S- Cocoa covered almonds
L- Salad with Cesar dressing and grilled pork tenderloin
S- cheese stick with almonds
D- protein shake

Thanks Ladies!
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
BTW Tammy, how do you make your cheese pizza crust?
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
BTW Tammy, how do you make your cheese pizza crust?
Ok ladies, this is so ridiculously easy and good!!! I warn you I measure nothing....I eyeball it all and go by feel....sorry.

Mix 2 - 3 Cups of shredded cheese in a bowl with 2 eggs and a good sprinkle of Italian seasoning. I usually use a regular fat Colby jack blend with about 1/3 - 1/2 of the cheese being a low fat chedder or parm. shred depending on what I have on hand.....the low fat helps it crisp up. Mix everything really good with your hands in the bowl. Spread parchment paper (Gotta be parchment paper) on your pizza pan or cookie sheet, then press the cheese out as thin as you can get it on the parchment paper. (I usually make 1 large rectangular pizza on a standard cookie sheet and a smaller one on my pizza pan) Once it's all patted out thin then pop it in the oven at about 425 for approx. 10 min or so until it's starts to golden and turns crispy around the edges. Take it out of the oven, give it a minute to cool ever so slightly, then top it like you would any other pizza with sauce, toppings, cheese, etc.....put it back in the oven till the cheese on top is bubbly and BAM....you're done!! You can cut it and hold it just like regular pizza....it's surprisingly good!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mortgagemom
Stats: 218/212.8/145 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Ok ladies, this is so ridiculously easy and good!!! I warn you I measure nothing....I eyeball it all and go by feel....sorry.

Mix 2 - 3 Cups of shredded cheese in a bowl with 2 eggs and a good sprinkle of Italian seasoning. I usually use a regular fat Colby jack blend with about 1/3 - 1/2 of the cheese being a low fat chedder or parm. shred depending on what I have on hand.....the low fat helps it crisp up. Mix everything really good with your hands in the bowl. Spread parchment paper (Gotta be parchment paper) on your pizza pan or cookie sheet, then press the cheese out as thin as you can get it on the parchment paper. (I usually make 1 large rectangular pizza on a standard cookie sheet and a smaller one on my pizza pan) Once it's all patted out thin then pop it in the oven at about 425 for approx. 10 min or so until it's starts to golden and turns crispy around the edges. Take it out of the oven, give it a minute to cool ever so slightly, then top it like you would any other pizza with sauce, toppings, cheese, etc.....put it back in the oven till the cheese on top is bubbly and BAM....you're done!! You can cut it and hold it just like regular pizza....it's surprisingly good!

MMmmmmmmmmmmmm, gonna try this!!! I cook the same way Tammy - measuring cups and spoons are overrated
mortgagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh my! Must try this.....I'm thinking this will be on the menu next week!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:21 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post

Tammy - I made this and couldn't keep the kids out of it. I only made the crust and we cut it into sticks and dipped it in marinara. YUM!!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:42 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
Good morning, girls!

Thanks so much for all your well wishes

No idea what my issue is - I am so tired, just want to sleep, kind of in a crummy mood??? - My blood sugar count has been high also - need to watch it better.

I do feel better today and I am spinning tonight and lifting weights. Staying away from everything bad and really want a nice loss on Monday.

B - 2 hb eggs
S - handful of strawberries
L - pork chop and string beans
D - thinking stir fry beef

Lots of water today with lemon and get motivated!

Tasha - I am surprised he is inducing when it is so close? Is it the same doc who delivered Ella? Maybe just being cautious which is a good thing! Wow, a spring baby! You sound great and on the right track!

Tammy - did you have a nice day with your DD and her fiancé? My DD is coming down from Jacksonville with her boyfriend this weekend. Her BF's birthday and of course to see her Mom

Theresa - wow, it is cold by you! A personal trainer I use to train with used to call the jiggly arms "BINGO ARMS" - I guess referring to all the old, fat ladies that raise their arms for Bingo - lol

Kelly - have a great visit with you Pops! The good thing about lc is it is pretty easy to eat out!

Lori - scale is going down! Good for you -

Ok - BBL

Cheryl
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:45 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone! Cold here but such a beautiful morning and I actually heard birds singing this morning.....so funny how you don't think about not hearing them but then when they return it sounds so good!

have had to change up my menu just a bit due to some timing issues, but still sticking to it.
B: 2 fried eggs
L: caesar salad with chicken
D: chicken cordon bleu casserole, green beans

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:47 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Mother Nature is still, shall we say....frustrated, because it's -25 with the wind chill this morning. I don't think she appreciated my humor yesterday My poor youngest daughter is on campus in Whitewater, WI where it's even colder, especially when you have to walk everywhere.

I have a phone interview today wish me luck!!!!

Switched up dinner last night and made a shepherds pie with smashed cauliflower. So yummy

B: eggs and bacon
S: fat bomb
L: tuna salad
D: bacon burgers with cheese, salad

Cheryl - glad you're feeling a bit better and hope you enjoy your daughter's visit

Stay warm!!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck, Theresa!! Your poor dd! (I am not even going to talk about my weather) Please share your shepard's pie receipe. When my kids were younger, they loved the mashed potatoe version!

Tasha - menu looks great!

Ok - finished Thursday meeting with a-hole son. Tasha knows what I am talking about! I work for a wonderful man who is a 80 year old multi-millionaire and who spends time traveling to his different homes with his young wife. He leaves his a-hole son to oversee all his companies and I get to meet with him every Thursday am. He is a egotistical, condescending, nasty a-hole and I can not believe I have put up with him for 20 years. Part of it, most of the time it is only for like 2 hours on Thursday. Rest of time, I run company without his help............and very well I might add
Old 02-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl-Hope your mood improves, if I'm in a yucky kind of mood, I want comfort food . Not same doc, the one that delivered Ella moved out of the area unfortunately, Regan really liked her. This one isn't bad, in fact he's the one I went to for my GYN visit, liked him, just wonder about the inducing thing. Have a wonderful visit with your daughter!!! Ignore the a-hole! Really sucks that we have to go through life dealing with people like that, just thankful you don't have to deal with him daily!!! That would be horrible!

Theresa-brrrr!!! I thought it was cold here this morning, geez! I can really sympathize with your dd. I remember trudging across campus in freezing weather and snow, was not fun.

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
Old 02-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ladies, how's everything going??

Theresa, you're too funny......But having grown up in the Midwest I completely understand you're frustration with mother nature!! This is why I live in So Cal. now!! Hey, how was your phone interview??? I just know something good is going to open up for you!

Kelly, how's the visit with your dad going? It can be so easy to get derailed when you have people visiting!

Lori, I never thought of slicing the pizza crust up like bread sticks!! I'll bet you could put a little garlic and butter and parmesan on them like pizza hut bread sticks and they'd be pretty good! I'm totally going to try that!!! Glad the scale is behaving for you!

Cheryl, I'm sorry you're still feeling cruddy! You must have the patience of a saint to put up with the A**hole son for 20 years!!! I had a wonderful time yesterday with the kids.....we're planning DD's wedding, which is great fun!! and it was the first time DS was home to celebrate his birthday in the past 6 years....he left for boot camp when he was 19 and just did finish his 6 year military service......do it was nice to actually have him HOME for his B-day! And I agree with Theresa, NONE of us look old enough to have kids this old!

Tasha, your menus sound so great!! especially the chicken cordon bleu casserole.....how do you make that???

Today has been a little trying......I had to have oral surgery this morning. I've had a tooth that has just been a problem for over 15 years (NOT KIDDING) and I've had so many dentists over the years just REFUSE to extract it.....it just got to where it was no longer salvageable.....so I finally found a dentist who took one look at it and said "well this is ridiculous, this thing has to go!!" I must confess they did a fabulous job, very quick and relatively pain free. I've been sleepy all day, but no real pain. I took the day off of work because I really didn't know what to expect.....and I'm glad I did, it's been nice to just chill out. I haven't really been able to eat solid foods though, so I figured this was a perfect day for a fat fast.....what the heck right?!?!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:15 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy - I hope you are still doing well today. When do you get to move on to solid foods?

Cold, cold everwhere.

Scale dropped for me today. Hope it keeps going!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:46 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did an intense spin class for an hour last night - I was soaking wet with sweat but it felt so good!

I am planning a great cheat free day and weekend! Danielle and her bf will arrive tonight
and she wants to do 9 am spin class tomorrow with me. Then I am having my Mom and Sister over for lunch so they can see Danielle. I am just doing roast beef, turkey, cheese, fresh rolls, mac and cheese, baked beans, etc. So I will do lettuce rollups!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:25 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

It's STILL cold, and sadly at 9 degrees it feels warm. Snow tonight and tomorrow. Cheryl - you might want to set another place at the table with your family this weekend.......I may just pop in for a visit

My phone interview went GREAT Wasn't expecting to hear anything for awhile since they're in the beginning stages of phone interviews, but the recruiter sent me an email saying they want to meet me!

Nice to hear the scale is going down for you Lori!! Mine is too, but it's slowing down. At least it's still moving

As for the shepherds pie recipe:

1 lb ground beef browned with some onion, salt pepper to taste, drain
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup mixed in with the cooked beef*
Transfer beef mixture to casserole dish
Frozen green beans cooked with butter, layer on top of beef mixture
Top green beans with cooked, mashed cauliflower - I use approx 3 tbl spoons cream cheese, butter, salt and pepper to taste and mix in my blender
Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and bake @ 350 till cheese is melted and browned on top.

*next time I'll use fresh mushrooms, HWC and butter to make my own cream of mushroom w/less carbs

I'm going to try Tammy's pizza recipe tonight - can't wait!! Glad you were able to have your tooth taken care of Tammy

Tasha - no birds here yet, but because the water ways are frozen north of us, our area has had tons of beautiful bald eagles all winter!! They came south in search of open water and have been magnificent to see

Last edited by mortgagemom; 02-28-2014 at 06:31 AM..
Old 02-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
Good Morning Ladies!

Like Cheryl said I can’t even start to complain about the weather here when I see the temperatures you guys have to endure! Sending some FL sunny and warm vibes your way ladies (minus Cheryl)

Visit with my Dad and his wife is going good…yesterday we went out to lunch and (you guys would be proud)…I got grilled chicken sandwich minus the bun with a side of broccoli…. I think I snacked on too many almonds and mixed nuts yesterday though because the scale was up 2 pounds this morning  YIKES

Tammy- thanks for that recipe! I am going to make that soon….sounds like something my teenage sons would love too! I crave pizza a lot so it sounds perfect and yummy

Tasha- I truly believe that OB is planning the induction for his own personal schedule. This is what they do now a days …. They never want their weekends or vacations messed with …too easy for them to induce anymore

Theresa- Awesome on that phone interview! I feel a good vibe with this one!

Cheryl- that’s a great menu to stay on track with. I feel like I have to control most meals and restaurants to stay on track these days but when I do it works 

I hope everyone has a great weekend and the scale is kind to us…we all have been sticking with it. I’ll try to get in some more exercise this weekend too. Maybe jogging or biking

B- egg omelet with spinach, turkey sausage and shredded cheese
S- protein shake
L- taco salad
D- not sure yet, we are going out to dinner but I will stay on track with a grilled chicken and salad or something to that effect
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!

Lori, I'm thinking I'll probably slowly transition back to solid foods this weekend. I'm feeling really great....no real pain, and I'm back at work today. Yay that the scale is still going down for you!!! Are you ready for your trip????

Cheryl, An hour long spin class??? I am so impressed!!! Good plan for the weekend.....it's always good to plan ahead....helps you to stay in control....at least it does for me!! BTW, My DD's name is Danielle too!

Theresa, way to go on the interview!!! I'm telling you.....you're on the verge of something great opening up!!! The shepherd's pie looks yummy.....I have never ever tried the mashed cauliflower....

Kelly, good job on the chicken sandwich!! I doubt the almonds caused you a 2 pound gain.....there's no way you ate that many almonds!!! Maybe just a little water retention from the salt....I'll bet if you drink plenty of water you'll see that 2 pounds fall right off!

Well, I'm back at work today....and it's POURING rain today.....and supposed to all weekend!! The song is wrong...it DOES rain in Southern California....just not very often! Since I'm still on soft foods I'll continue the fat fast today....the scale is loving this so I may as well keep it up til I transition back to solid foods.....take advantage of the timing!

Have a great day everyone! T.G.I.F!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:59 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ladies! It's Friday!!!!

I have to run monthend from home tomorrow morning, but should only take about 3 hours. Then have to go get groceries because they are calling from significant icing and snow Saturday night and all day Sunday. Yeefrickinha! Sunday is Dgd's 4th birthday party and it looks like it may be a wash Dd has put so much work into doing this for her, hope the weather goes on by, would be sad for nobody to show up.

B: 2 fried eggs, 2 pc bacon
L: leftover Cordon Bleu casserole
D: Beef stroganoff on riced cauliflower

I have to say the Cordon Bleu casserole is out of this world. It is very very rich but so good. I was supposed to have tuna salad wrap for lunch today but brought leftover casserole instead, I'll have the tuna tomorrow. Tammy, it's very easy to make, I got the recipe off Linda Sue's website(Welcome to Genaw.com).

Tammy-sorry about the tooth, glad they were finally able to take care of it for you!

Cheryl-WTG on the spin class. I wish I could find something like that that I liked to do. I'm not an exerciser, don't like walking, just wish I could find one thing I liked to do.... Have a good weekend with Dd and her bf!

Theresa-That's great news about your interview!! How do you make your mashed cauli? I had it the other night but just wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. The Shepherd's pie sounds wonderful! Dh brought home a picture he took while he was going to a job the other day, there were 14 Bald Eagles out in a field all huddled together. He said it looked like maybe they had found a snack but wasn't sure. Such a cool picture!!! We go to a nature reserve every March to watch them, they all start showing up there and nest.

Well, gotta git Hope everyone has a great cheat free weekend! Weigh in Monday!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am swamped today. I am also starting month-end - so if I don't get back in here, everyone have a great weekend!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Noting my weight today 178.0, because will be travelling for business 3/1-3/8. A little nervous what my weight will be on 3/10. But I am planning on staying on plan, so there should be no surprises, even though I will be away from my scale for 8 days.

I'll be a wreck! (Daily weigher here) I keep telling myself everything will be just fine.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So not having a good day. I asked my daughter in a text if she thought we should reschedule dgd's birthday party because of the ice. She jumped down my throat and I have now recieved numerous texts from her making me sound like I am the most horrible mother in the world and I'm sitting here at my desk crying like an idiot and wondering what I said?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, have a super fabulous trip and don't even THINK about the scale......you're going to be JUST FINE!!

Tasha, Oh honey that's awful!!! I doubt seriously that your daughter is truly upset with you personally.....I imagine that she's super stressed about the weather and the affect it will have on the party after all of the work she's put into it......it still sucks though that she's taking it out on you. Please try not to let it upset you.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Tammy. I've stopped reading her messages. I know she is almost 9 months pregnant and that probably has a lot to do with it, but I won't be talked to like she just did either. I just don't get it. She hasn't done something like this for years, like when she was in high school. I called dh and he was not a help at all, I know he's at work and can't do much, but I just hung up and thought ok, I'm not feeding into this, I'm not reading any more messages, she can just text to her little hearts desire. I do so much for her and some of it I don't necessarily want to, but she's my daughter and I do it regardless, many times with no thanks. So irritating.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tasha, take a deep breath and remember what you felt like at 9 mos pregnant - I could have killed anyone at a moment's notice. I agree with you that you do an awful lot for her but she is not thinking of that right now. I will bet she'll apologize. Daughters think mothers are fair game for all the screaming, etc.

P.S. - What were you thinking going to a man for consolation???
Old 02-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
Tasha, take a deep breath and remember what you felt like at 9 mos pregnant - I could have killed anyone at a moment's notice. I agree with you that you do an awful lot for her but she is not thinking of that right now. I will bet she'll apologize. Daughters think mothers are fair game for all the screaming, etc.

P.S. - What were you thinking going to a man for consolation???
She won't apologize. Never in her life has she apologized to me for a thing. She sent out a notice on facebook that the birthday party had been changed to her house tomorrow night due to weather concerns.(after all the arguing she did that it wasn't going to do anything). Then she called dh crying. Oh boy. I just sat there. I said you know why she did that? He said yes, I do, she's trying to pull me into the middle of this and I'm not getting into it. I agree.....wth was I thinking trying to go to him for consoling Well, this should be a very happy birthday party tomorrow night. **sigh**
Old 02-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aww, try and have a good time for Ella!! I feel bad for you.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Tasha - I'm sooooooo sorry your DD is treating you like she is. You absolutely did nothing wrong! I have 3 DD's (26, 23, and 18) so I understand how much drama girls can generate. Please know that the way she is acting has everything to do with her (pregnancy, disappointment, stress, etc) and nothing to do with you. You are right to ignore the texts at this point. ((Hugs)) I hope the weather is not as bad as predicted.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgagemom View Post
Tasha - I'm sooooooo sorry your DD is treating you like she is. You absolutely did nothing wrong! I have 3 DD's (26, 23, and 18) so I understand how much drama girls can generate. Please know that the way she is acting has everything to do with her (pregnancy, disappointment, stress, etc) and nothing to do with you. You are right to ignore the texts at this point. ((Hugs)) I hope the weather is not as bad as predicted.
Oops, my oldest DD is 27
Old 03-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday ladies!!

How's everyone doing?

Tasha, how was the party? Is DD doing any better? How are YOU??

Cheryl, How's month end treating you?

Kelly, how's everything going with your visit?

Theresa, I think my boys gave us far more drama than our daughter did......though she had her moments to be sure! So thankful to have them all grown and on their own!!

Well, it's after noon here on the coast......we've been getting tons of rain yesterday and today.....highly unusual for us to get nailed like this.....but we do need it! Hard to much in this kind of rain, so I think we're going to build a fire in the fireplace and chill out with Netflix today.....sounds like heaven to me!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!