Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
Hey Ladies

Sorry.....they are getting their money out of me today

Glad everyone is doing good and Tasha thats ok for yesterday. We ALL have those days. praying I dont have one this weekend.

They also had free Taco Bus here at work today. I did good and just asked for the chicken and vegetables, no tortilla and no rice

B- Egg whites with spinach
S- cocoa roasted almonds
L- Taco Bus chicken with lettuce tomatoes
S- grilled chicken breast
D- protein shake

ok
B-
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 05:46 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
Good morning all! Was so busy yesterday only got to check in once. Had a GYN appt yesterday, I hadn't been since 2005, kept putting it off, then scheduled it back in November and every time they rescheduled me it snowed or ice and they cancelled the appointment because the office closed. So....I finally got in there. He said everything was fine, I have a lot of little problems but nothing that needs fixing immediately. He doesn't want to add more problems by doing a full hysto, so I'm good for now Now need to schedule my mammogram before March so I'll be up to date on that.

Today's menu:

B: 2 eggs fried in butter
L: 2 ham, cream cheese, pickle roll ups
D: taco salad

Hope everyone has a great day and an even better weekend. I think I may be on call this weekend, can't remember but I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow and I have got to get my house cleaned, so will still be pretty busy.

Michelle - WTG on the 60 lbs! That is awesome, I will get there one day!

ladyboss - I don't have speakers here at work so will watch the video when I get home this evening, I need all the help I can get!

Cheryl-Yeah, I'm not a big breakfast eater, I have to make myself eat but I've never been one to eat early in the morning even back to when I was in high school so doesn't bother me much. And I'm glad we came back in here too! This is a great motivating group!!!

Ta ta Weigh in Monday!!!

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:07 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mortgagemom
Stats: 218/212.8/145 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2014
Went to bed in Wisconsin but I think I may be waking up in Kansas!! Holy excessive winds Batman!!

Anyway, yesterday was a weird eating day for me. I brought my eggs and bacon to make at my DD's but couldn't finish (the eggs, I ALWAYS finish the bacon!). Then I didn't want my salad. Had 3 left over wings for dinner and was too tired to cook. Grand kids will do that to ya Ended up eating an Atkins bar before bed so my tummy had something to do. Not complaining, just not typical for me - I can always eat.

Tammy - I watched part of the video and will finish up today. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle - 60 lbs and soooo close to ONEderland!!! Keep it up and we'll be here to cheer you on

Meant to add - Tasha - glad you finally made it in to the DR. That's so important for us ladies to get in once a year.. BTW, my hysterectomy was the best thing I ever did for myself. Seriously soooo much better now and no side effects for me (kept my eggs). Was needed 5 years after an ablation that went bad (which now they know happens often about 5 years afterwards). Reminds me I need to schedule my mammo.

B: ham and eggs
S: not sure yet
D: pork chops and veggies

No workout for me today - I'll be fighting high winds and drifting snow to pick up youngest DD from college for the weekend.

Make it a great day!!

Last edited by mortgagemom; 02-21-2014 at 06:14 AM..
mortgagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
Good morning, girls!!

I did an awesome spin class last night. Still struggling with low carb - I lost 20 lbs last year on a fat-free plan and it worked for me when I did it. So I a thinking maybe switching to that - idk!!!

Working outside this weekend, trimming, putting mulch down, etc. Taking Mom to movies, spin class in am so I am going to be pretty busy,too!

If I don't get back today - have a great weekend!

Don't forget - Monday is weigh in day!!
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:09 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
good morning ladies,

Tasha, good news on the Doc. visit....I need to get in myself!!! You have a busy weekend planned, I hope you get some down time to relax too!!

Theresa, That interesting about your ablation.....I had an ablation done 9 years ago, and I haven't had any issues (except more weight gain) and then all of the sudden out of NO WHERE my period came back last month and again this month....and I haven't had one of those in YEARS. I'm really not happy about that, I had hoped the ablation would carry me right into menopause. I need to get my butt into the gyno and have all of this checked out, because I really want to be rid of these damn periods!!!

Cheryl, I'm sorry you're struggling with the low carb. You have to do what works best for you, no doubt!! Please do watch the video I posted first though, I think it's full of some REALLY GOOD information.....it was very helpful to me anyway. Whatever you decide to do we're here to support you!!

Have a great day kids!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies

Tasha glad you got to Dr. Reminds me I need to go too. I try and go every 12-14 months. Mammo too since my Mom had precancerous cells in her breasts so I dont like to mess around.

Theresa I think those kids just made you too tired to have any appetite yes, they can do that to you

Cheryl way to go on the spin class!! I got up and went this morning to my boot camp at 5:30 am! yikes! I also am running a 5k tonight. Now, I wont say I am running the whole 3.1 miles but I will run, walk, run, walk, run, walk and so on...just to do it ya know? lol

Tammy- hoping to watch your video this weekend. Its been a crazy week

B- protein shake
S- 1.2 grilled chicken breats handful of almonds
L- salad with cesar dressing
D- turkey meatloaf with salad

WEIGH IN MONDAY ...i hope our weigh in on monday helps keep me cheating thsi weekend. Have a good one ladies!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

I meant help to keep me FROM cheating
Old 02-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgagemom View Post
Went to bed in Wisconsin but I think I may be waking up in Kansas!! Holy excessive winds Batman!!

Meant to add - Tasha - glad you finally made it in to the DR. That's so important for us ladies to get in once a year.. BTW, my hysterectomy was the best thing I ever did for myself. Seriously soooo much better now and no side effects for me (kept my eggs). Was needed 5 years after an ablation that went bad (which now they know happens often about 5 years afterwards). Reminds me I need to schedule my mammo.
It has been crazy windy here too, 50 mph wind gusts. UGH! I had the thermal ablation in 2006 and took care of all my problems. I haven't really had much going on, just a little cramping, but no other issues. I have so many things going on, Endometriosis, CPID, cystocele, rectocele, prolapsed uterus and bladder and my uterus is enlarged. My new doc said unless I started progressing to more problems than just occasional cramping he was going to leave well enough alone. I'm regular and very very light so I think I'm ok for now.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
good morning ladies,

Theresa, That interesting about your ablation.....I had an ablation done 9 years ago, and I haven't had any issues (except more weight gain) and then all of the sudden out of NO WHERE my period came back last month and again this month....and I haven't had one of those in YEARS. I'm really not happy about that, I had hoped the ablation would carry me right into menopause. I need to get my butt into the gyno and have all of this checked out, because I really want to be rid of these damn periods!!!
I didn't have one for well over a year and then they started back but are extremely light. He told me yesterday that sometimes with the ablation the cells will start coming back through the tissue that was burned and that causes them to come back but should always be light if that does happen. Doesn't really bother me and sure beats the devil out of where I was 8 years ago!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
I did an awesome spin class last night. Still struggling with low carb - I lost 20 lbs last year on a fat-free plan and it worked for me when I did it. So I a thinking maybe switching to that - idk!!!

Working outside this weekend, trimming, putting mulch down, etc. Taking Mom to movies, spin class in am so I am going to be pretty busy,too!

If I don't get back today - have a great weekend!

Don't forget - Monday is weigh in day!!
Cheryl, Sorry you're having trouble with lc....try to stick with it for a little while. They say if you can stay with something 3 weeks it becomes a habit. I'm sure it is a huge change from what you were doing, but you were looking for a change, so just give it a little bit longer and then if you still don't like it, switch it up! Have a great weekend!
Old 02-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
I didn't have one for well over a year and then they started back but are extremely light. He told me yesterday that sometimes with the ablation the cells will start coming back through the tissue that was burned and that causes them to come back but should always be light if that does happen. Doesn't really bother me and sure beats the devil out of where I was 8 years ago!
The tissue does grow back, and in my case blood was getting trapped behind scar tissue causing great pain and several trips to the ER. My ablation never completely rid me of periods although they were much lighter, but when the pain started, my period had gotten heavy again. Good thing your Dr. is already aware of the situation. In my case, I was misdiagnosed for over a year by the ER docs who thought it was kidney stones. Sounds like your in good hands
Old 02-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
The tissue does grow back, and in my case blood was getting trapped behind scar tissue causing great pain and several trips to the ER. My ablation never completely rid me of periods although they were much lighter, but when the pain started, my period had gotten heavy again. Good thing your Dr. is already aware of the situation. In my case, I was misdiagnosed for over a year by the ER docs who thought it was kidney stones. Sounds like your in good hands

The things us women go through!
Old 02-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
The things us women go through!
So true! On the bright side, I just put my first batch of fat bombs in the freezer

PS - I meant "you're" in good hands! I hate when the wrong word is used
Old 02-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm gonna make some this weekend after I get to the grocery store! Maybe that'll help keep me on track!
Old 02-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

It IS amazing the things we ladies go through!!! I swear sometimes I don't get nearly enough credit for not killing someone!

Theresa, what kind of fat bombs did you make????
Old 02-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It IS amazing the things we ladies go through!!! I swear sometimes I don't get nearly enough credit for not killing someone!

Theresa, what kind of fat bombs did you make????
LOL!!

I made these but without the peanuts: Low Carb Coach | Peanut Butter Fat Bombs

I used Truvia which is not sweet enough with only 1 tsp, but I'll still eat them.

Sooooo, I've watched the first 30 minutes of the link you provided and the doc makes a lot of sense. I started to wonder if artificial sweeteners increase blood sugar levels. After reading a few articles, I'm thinking Stevia might be the best choice. What do others think?
Old 02-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOL!!

I made these but without the peanuts: Low Carb Coach | Peanut Butter Fat Bombs

I used Truvia which is not sweet enough with only 1 tsp, but I'll still eat them.

Sooooo, I've watched the first 30 minutes of the link you provided and the doc makes a lot of sense. I started to wonder if artificial sweeteners increase blood sugar levels. After reading a few articles, I'm thinking Stevia might be the best choice. What do others think?
You know I like stevia for some things....but I mainly use Splenda. I really love Truvia, but it has actual sugar in it.....which must be why it's so good huh? so I try to avoid it. I don't know how any of this may or may not affect my blood sugar levels, BUT... I have not noticed a discernible difference in my weight loss when I use Splenda...I seem to lose just fine. So I honestly think it just depends on how every persons body responds to it.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:00 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Hello weekend!!

I was not so good last night. Had a couple glasses of red wine and some peanuts. Okay, more than "some" peanuts. But with weigh in on Monday, I'm determined to be good and drink lots of water these next couple days.

B: eggs and bacon
L: vegetable beef soup
D: fish and spinach
S: pork rinds

The YMCA is closed today for a fund raiser, so I'll try a yoga DVD.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Just made oopsie bread: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/60...6635f797d6.jpg

The jury is still out on if we like them or not. But I AM counting the hand beating of the egg whites as my exercise for today. LOL!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Making my grocery list for next week. Cleaned house this morning, so got some exercise in. I hadn't realized how bad some things had been let go lately. My bathroom walls actually had fur on them....ewww. I vacuumed and washed the walls, dusted all the pictures, cleaned the mirror and window along with all the other normal stuff. I've decided I'm going to take a room at a time each weekend and deep clean, will keep me out trouble at least until new grandbaby is born, then we'll have our hands full I'm sure for a good while. Has been a while since Ella was a baby, she'll be 4 next weekend, so will have to get used to that again. will be a good get used to though!

So far my menus are looking pretty yummy! Not quite sure how my weigh in is going to be, doesn't feel like I'm losing, not getting on scale yet, TOM is getting ready to start, so....hoping with my downfall that I at least don't gain.

So nice, windy, but nice today! Need to go get cleaned up and go to the grocery store.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Tasha, want to come my house to clean next? I need to go shopping this weekend too....what are some of your menu ideas for this week, I could use some inspiration!

Theresa, I'm curious to know what you think about the oopsie bread...I've not tried that one yet, though I have my made the oopsie Danish's and my entire family LOVES them, they devour them as soon as I pull them out of the over! I love red wine!!! I have to keep it out of the house right now...keep myself out of trouble!

I stayed on plan yesterday, still in ketosis this morning, but my calories were higher than usual, the scale was NOT kind this morning!! But I woke up very not hungry.....I believe I'll fat fast this weekend.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:07 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is my menu for this week:
Monday:
B: Spinach omelet with mozzarella
L: Chicken Caesar salad
D: Cabbage soup

Tuesday:
B: 2 fried eggs, 2 pc bacon
L: lettuce, bacon, swiss and mayo lettuce wrap
D: Pork Roast, mashed cauliflower

Wednesday:
B: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 pc sausage
L: Cabbage soup
D: Cordon Bleu Casserole(Linda sue's website), green beans

Thursday:
B: Spinach Omelete with mozzarella
L: Caesar Salad with chicken
D: Beef stroganoff(Linda Sue's website) on riced cauliflower

Friday:
B: 2 fried eggs, bacon
L: Tuna salad lettuce wrap
D: Cornish Hens, roasted brussel sprouts

Saturday:
B: spinach omelet with mozz
L: leftover Cornish hens, deviled eggs
D: Green beans, cauliflower and Polish sausage(small amount)

I tried making oopsie bread once.. Notice I said once. I did not enjoy making them or eating them. Maybe I did something wrong but they did not agree with my palette(sp?)
Old 02-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

OK Tasha, I'm coming to your place to eat.....your menus look AMAZING!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 06:37 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK Tasha, I'm coming to your place to eat.....your menus look AMAZING!!!
Me too

Can't say we liked the oopsie bread either. Had one piece and the rest sit in the fridge chillin. The reviews were all so good, but we weren't impressed either I might try making the Danish variety like Tammy does, but I doubt I'll be making the bread again.

DH and I are sick and laid around all day yesterday The scale is being mean to me. It was so kind during the week, but now that weigh in day is approaching, not so much

No idea what the menu will be today. Eggs and bacon for breakfast is about all my fuzzy brain can handle right now.

Hoping everyone else is doing well
Old 02-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tammy- I can only stick with this woe if I plan, plan plan and keep it interesting. Boredom and not knowing what I'm going to have is the kiss of death for me. I try to make it as simple as possible because like everyone else, we have a busy life, and it's going to get busier with a new grandbaby coming and I was informed Friday overtime will be a definite in the coming weeks or months.....so, plan I must! I also have to make it something dh will eat. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy so when I have cauliflower on my menu, he will be having potatoes or rice or something he likes. Not a big deal for me to make him an extra side so long as I don't have to make him a whole separate meal. I made this stuff once called Emerald Isle soup or something like that, was FANTASTIC! I will be making it again soon, is kind of a broccoli cheese soup..mmmm....mmmmm...mmmm That's all for me, dh doesn't like broccoli soup....tee hee!!!

Theresa-hope you are feeling better! I gave in and got on the scale this morning and was up a pound so don't feel like the lonesome duck. We'll get this! As they say, it's the downs that make the ups so gooooood!

I just got done picking the house up, got a load of laundry in, dish washer going and am getting ready to pre make some of my stuff for this week. Bacon, sausage, chop the lettuce, boil some eggs and grill some chicken breasts on the George Foreman. It was 70 here yesterday, was so nice, but now it's only supposed to get to 40 today and cloudy/windy. I believe a good book is in store for me!!!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Theresa, I'm sorry you're feeling poorly!! Those caprese meatballs sound really good though! I love to make meatballs and keep them hand, they make great snacks!!!

Tasha, I totally understand the need for planning! I need to do better with that.....I'm great at sticking to plan, no matter what. But I need to do some more planning and prep so I could add a little variety into this WOE!

Today has been a nice lazy Sunday, slept in....made some bacon and eggs for breakfast....Hubby had bacon and eggs, I had bacon and BPC. Then we took a leisurely drive along the coast and up to Redondo Beach and just enjoyed the sun and the ocea.....it was really breath taking!

Now that I'm home I should do some laundry.....fortunately I cleaned yesterday! I'm fat fasting this weekend and have great energy....hubby is just glad I'm still cooking for him, even though I'm not eating the same things.

Well I hope everyone else is doing well.....I'll check in later!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:42 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone! Feeling kinda blah this morning, am sure TOM is very near I didn't weigh this morning, but did yesterday and am sure it didn't change a lot. Put me down for 219.5.

Today:

B: 2 pc bacon (was in a hurry so didn't get spinach omelet)
L: Chicken caesar salad
D: Cabbage soup

Gotta run, week before monthend so will be swamped this week
Old 02-24-2014, 05:42 AM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjsurgtech
Stats: 224/214/185 5'9"
WOE: healthier way of eating
Start Date: Sept. 2011, Dec. 2013
Hoping its not too late to join this challenge. I would love to lose 10 lbs. by St. Patricks Day which is my baby girls 12th birthday and then my birthday is the 18th. Just finished the Cut the Crap Challenge and was able to lose 10 lbs.
kjsurgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:59 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsurgtech View Post
Hoping its not too late to join this challenge. I would love to lose 10 lbs. by St. Patricks Day which is my baby girls 12th birthday and then my birthday is the 18th. Just finished the Cut the Crap Challenge and was able to lose 10 lbs.
we are happy to have you join!! Congrats on your last challenge - let's get ready to lose another 10 before the birthday celebrations begin
Old 02-24-2014, 06:07 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I drank a TON of water yesterday in hopes of moving the scale and it worked!!!

213.2 for me this morning

I'm still under the weather but that number put a smile on my face!!

Tasha - hang in there girl! I sense a whoosh coming for you once your TOM is over

B: eggs and bacon
L: spinach soup
D: chicken and broccoli
S: fat bomb

Last edited by mortgagemom; 02-24-2014 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: Add menu