Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
Tammy ok I copied that recipe and need to try it. Sounds delicious! I crave pizza a lot! Love the scale so it does the traditional and digital? thanks for the boot camp compliment. I love my boot camp becasue its all ages and sizes so I never feel uncomfortable. They give you 3 moderations per exercise so you pick what you can do .

Oh and Tasha this was the first winter I broke down and did tanning. Just once every 2 weeks nothign crazy but it kept a little color. I have done the spray tan too and I like it but its expensive. I have used the Neutrogena spray tan in a abottle and that works pretty good. I'll have to try that Sally Hansen spray hosiery too I think my sister loves that stuff too

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Memorial day meltdown....I love the ring of that!! I'm in!!

Kelly, that pizza is seriously good.....you really will like it, it totally scratches the pizza itch!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Tasha I was reading in other areas of this site about pterostilbene. You might like to read about it. Kelly incredible, never been to a boot camp but it sounds tough!
Tammy good choice on the scale. love it. Everybody here is a sickly white this time of year unless they went to Hawaii. Cheryl What I do is make my lunch and dinners all at once (Sometimes I eat the same dinner all week, sometimes several things from different weeks) Freeze them in paper bowls. Then when I defrost it and add lettuce and dressing. Takes care of food plan and meals can be ready to eat whenever I decide. I needed this because I ate the whole time I was "cooking dinner". Anyway hang in there everyone, I think we are going to be at this for awhile.
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
Happy throwback Thursday

Ended up making taco salad last night instead of spaghetti, had mine with whole wheat tortillas instead of chips, and I have to say, was very tasty!

I'm staying off the scale until Monday.

squash-I had never heard of that before, but read in wikipedia about it, very interesting. May have to check more into that!!! Thanks for the heads up!

Tanning-----Since I was in my early teens, living in Florida, we were at the beach all the time. I've always tanned really easily and end up getting almost black in the summertime, my Mother is the same way. I love the sun. I know all the bad press on it, but I just love the sun. However, in the past 5 yrs, I have been getting spots all over me. Have been told they are keratosis or something like that. I don't care what they are, they are ugly. Sometimes they appear out of nowhere, red, whelped and itchy and they turn into an uglier brown spot. I have so many now that I look like I have huge freckles all over me. The thing about this is that if I spray tan, they turn orange. The rest of me doesn't, it works really well, but something in the makeup of the cells that create these stupid things soaks in the spray tan. So, I somewhat resemble a giraffe after spray tanning LOL I know I will end up going, just putting it off for now. I have never heard of the spray hosiery, am sure it would also turn my spots orange, haven't found anything that doesn't yet.

I'm up for the Memorial Day challenge!!! Love the name Cheryl! So glad your back in here! And I agree that you have so much motivation for exercising, I have 0 in that department! I can make menus all week long and never once move it move it move it LOL

Today:

B: special K redberries, skim milk, small banana
L: whole wheat sandwich with swiss, turkey, lettuce, mustard, granola
D: Spaghetti(whole wheat spaghetti, ground turkey), salad

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
Ok - when we are finished with the Bunny Challenge, on to the Memorial Day meltdown. Perhaps I can lose a pound or two since this will be our third challenge

Tasha - if you don't mind me asking - what is your woe? Low calories? Low-fat? Your menu looks good! I am also staying away from scale until Monday.

If you guys want, I will make up a sheet with our weight - maybe that will help with motivation. Next week, both my boss and his a-hole son will be out of town so I will have time!

Squash - I know, when I have prepared all the food, I do so much better. Thanks for your support!

Tammy - thanks for your kind words, also! Pizza recipe looks terrific.

Kelly - congrats on y our loss! and your words of encouragement!

Theresa - how is your new job?

BBL

Cheryl
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl, I'm doing counting calories and watching fat but I've found that typically when I am within my calorie range, I'm within my fat range too. I downloaded the app the girls were talking about, and is extremely cool! I can scan the barcode of whatever I've eaten and it comes right up. It also gives a nutritional analysis on whether you are within range or over on a lot of things in addition to calories and fats. When I make my menu out for the week, I sit down and google healthy breakfasts, healthy packable lunches and the same for dinner. I then go to everyone I can find for something that I like and is within my range.....then make my menu and grocery list. I have found that I like eating this way a lot better! I always miss fruits so much when I'm on low carb
Old 04-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies!

Happy Thursday! 4 days in a row now up at 4:20 am for boot camp! Hopefully making it my habit.(granted I am in bed by 8:30 lol) I got a 4 day weekend coming up and I am praying I stay on plan! It will be challenging at times. I hope everyone has some fun Easter plans too!

Cheryl- Yes! I love the new challenge name Memorial Day Meltdown! I think the bunny challenge was a bust for all of us! Maybe with summer right there it will get us going.

Squash- you sound so organized- I love it!

Tasha- That stinks about the spray tan. I love your new WOE too! I think when I get down some weight I might try that. It just seems so much healthier if you think about it. I just know I can lose a lot faster with lc and it keeps cravings away. I am a crab addict. The more I eat the more i want…its terrible I am glad you found that app and are loving it. I did that for a while and lost weight with it. So did my Dad

Tammy- I am going to try that pizza next weekend since this weekends menus/parties are planned already….

Today’s menu

B- Egg whites with spinach
S- Almonds
L- Salad with Cesar dressing and grilled chicken
D- Protein shake
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc15652 View Post
Tasha- That stinks about the spray tan. I love your new WOE too! I think when I get down some weight I might try that. It just seems so much healthier if you think about it. I just know I can lose a lot faster with lc and it keeps cravings away. I am a crab addict. The more I eat the more i want…its terrible I am glad you found that app and are loving it. I did that for a while and lost weight with it. So did my Dad
I've been on low carb off and on since 2000. I've lost 50+ pounds more than once, like three times if I remember correctly. I was just never able to keep it off because I too am a carb addict. I always liked it because you lost so fast. Within 3 months each time, I'd lost 50 pounds when I stuck to it! I just for some reason this time can't seem to stick with lc
Old 04-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE][I've been on low carb off and on since 2000. I've lost 50+ pounds more than once, like three times if I remember correctly. I was just never able to keep it off because I too am a carb addict. I always liked it because you lost so fast. Within 3 months each time, I'd lost 50 pounds when I stuck to it! I just for some reason this time can't seem to stick with lc
/QUOTE]

Yeah but I think with your cholesterol you are doing whats right right now. I dont always think lc is healthy but it works. My mom is a nurse and gives me a hard time doing lc she always says "you're hurting your kidneys" ...I have been doing it off and on (but more off) for 2-3 years now. Hoping I can get some off and then follow more of a counting calories eventually. Its a true fact burn more claories than you take in and you will lose weight
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies, I'm back today!!

Kelly, this morning at about 5:30 I suddenly had flash of the pizza recipe I gave you the other day and realized an error.....use PARCHMENT paper....NOT wax paper!!! I don't know why it was that as I was laying in bed it came to me that said wax paper.....but my first thought was "OMG I hope Kelly hasn't tried that yet!!!!"

Tasha, I love that bar code app....it's really cool! I think your WOE makes sense for what you need.....and you enjoy it so it's more inclined to work for you long term....that's the really important thing!!

Cheryl, I love the spreadsheet idea......that would be good motivation for us, go for it!!

Theresa.....we miss you!!!

TGIF...... I need a weekend, yesterday was LONG and TOUGH.....I had a 13 hour work day wrapped around a corp. meeting filled with a lot of bad food options and choices!! I'm still in ketosis, though just barely, my carbs were WAAAAAYYYYY over my limit, I usually am 20g or less per day of carbs and according to my food journal yesterday I was CONSERVATIVELY at 88 g! Time to drink lots of extra water and increase my fats to get this flushed out of my system!!!

I hope everyone has a super fabulous Easter weekend, Try to avoid the candy!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 04-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, all!

Busy day, two employees out so we are running crazy.

Happy Easter to all! I am going to try and be as good as I can and will be on scale Monday am to start. Rumor has it that tomorrow's spin class is going to be ONE HOUR AND A HALF

MEMORIAL DAY MELTDOWN!!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am so motivated!!!!

I have not felt like this in a long time!. I am starting Induction today full force - I am even re-reading the book.

Yesterday, I had my Mom and nephew over to eat. Everyone else had plans or had to work. Ashley was home, too. My menu was chicken cutlet parm, eggplant rollatini, spaghetti, fresh Italian bread, ceasar salad then brownies with vanilla ice cream. Ridiculously high in carbs but soo good. Anyway, I didn't totally pig out but I did eat. During dinner, my nephew was telling how his wife Lisa lost a ton of weight doing low carb. She works at a country club and during season is soo busy I never see her. I saw her at Christmas and she had lost like 30 pounds and looked good. Well, she has lost another 25 lbs and is the lowest she has ever been - I am very happy for her but very jealous.

As I am sitting on couch yesterday with my big gut totally disgusted with how I felt - I said I AM DONE!!!

I got up this am and started a 3 day challenge to get rid of my cravings and then continue on!!

I AM PUMPED!!! and I am serious.............
Old 04-21-2014, 09:08 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
I am so motivated!!!!

I AM PUMPED!!! and I am serious.............
YAY.....let the Memorial day meltdown begin!!!!

I am ready for a new challenge! Yesterday was definitely a study in contradictions: The good news is that we went on a gorgeous and very steep hike.....about a mile total, the not so good news is that we had Coldstone Ice cream after......but boy was it good! Had a very healthy salad with grilled chicken for lunch......washed down with Scotch and diet coke.......under on calories, over on carbs.....sigh.....today is a new day!! Will weigh tomorrow to see my official "starting" weight for this new challenge.

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok - so tomorrow is our weigh in, right? I am doing good so far. I know it is only 12 noon but mornings are tough for me especially around 10 am - especially when the office refrigerator is filled with high carb crap.

Come on, everyone - I need your inspiration!!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Wow! Chery love that energy! It is hard in the beginning but you know you can do this because you've done it before. You dont want to just be jealous of your nephews wife, you want to borrow her clothes!
Yesterday I had potato chips dried cherrys and a skor bar so I figure I am out of ketosis and my liver is full of glycogen, so we are in the same boat. Try not to cheat at all the next few days so you can get into ketosis faster. I am going for a nice long slow walk in the morning. I dont know if you have some CO but it has really helped me the most at first. Most oils/fats take a lot longer to give you energy but CO can be used almost immediately so it makes you feel better right away.
I bought my first two pairs of size 14 jeans (sorta)ladies! Still snug but they are the stretchy kind so I should be good for awhile.
Weight today 183
Old 04-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'd say good morning, but since it's after noon and I just realized it, I won't. Such a busy morning. I worked 2 hours Friday morning then went shopping with my MIL. Got a new outfit but thinking I'll take it back, just don't really like it a lot and was too much to keep if I don't just love it. Anyway....

Today:

B: special K redberries, skim milk
L: cottage cheese, pears, swiss cheese
D: not sure yet, have a menu but we have so many leftovers from Easter, I am not fixing supper, so I might just have a turkey and swiss on whole wheat with lettuce and mustard and some carrots.

I weighed this morning for our new challenge UGH! 223.5 But that's ok. I have a new motivation. We are going to my Moms in Florida the week of July 19th, so I have to get this weight off, I don't want to go down there again being the only fat person in our group......have to get it off now!

Have a great day everyone, I read everyone's posts just don't have a lot of time to respond, sorry
Old 04-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Squash - I know I am more motivated than last week. I think my aha moment was sitting on the couch after eating yesterday and really feeling like SHAMU - my stomach was soo bloated -

I am doing serious no carbs for 3 days to kick the cravings, hopefully!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Getting hungry and trying to make it go away..........

Last edited by Cherylg; 04-21-2014 at 11:57 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Squash, I'm with you on the fats and the CO....I'm drinking BPC like it's going out of style today to get plenty of good fats into my system.....it is making all the difference!

Cheryl, you can do this!! If you're hungry eat.....just eat the RIGHT things. Stock your desk drawer and work fridge with things you CAN have and enjoy, then you won't be tempted to go off plan. I keep pecans in my desk drawer, hard boiled eggs in the fridge and plenty of CO and butter for BPC ....those are my must haves to avoid all of the Easter candy, cookies and cupcakes my residents so thoughtfully brought us!

Tasha, How are you feeling on the new WOE? If the gain is just from this holiday weekend you'll be fine....just flush it out with lots of water like the rest of us!!

So far so good today, 2 BPC's for breakfast, 3 eggs and a thin breakfast steak for lunch....getting back into ketosis!!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok - I guess I am missing something - what is BPC and CO?
Old 04-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
Ok - I guess I am missing something - what is BPC and CO?
CO is coconut oil.....one of the healthiest things you can put in your body (in my opinion) and BPC is bullet proof coffee. (If you google bullet proof coffee you'll get all sorts of info and the website of the guy who "invented" it) BPC is basically coffee with CO, Butter and whatever else you might want. I make mine with 1t CO, 1t butter, 1T Heavy Whipping cream and a splash of Torani or DaVinci SF syrup. I have a coffee frother, or I'll take my immersion blender and whip it all up in the cup. It froths up like a latte, and is very creamy and filling....and is very good for you!!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Tammy - I will check it out!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #473
Senior LCF Member

Did Everyone survive easter???????????????
Back on track today. Ate a little extra protein and fat today but other than that it was manageable. Weight didn't jump up like I thought it would. I dont know about the rest of you girls but I weigh in the morning and evening and write it on my calender because it helps me see a bigger trend.Hang in there girls 5 weeks to go.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Ugg! Just posted the above and a bunch of new posts came up. Hi tammy. Chery Get the coconut oil because unlike long chain fatty acids (all other fats and oils basically) it does not have to be processed by you body into triglycerides. CO is mostly medium chain triglycerides so it is absorbed very very fast, starts giving you energy right away and is so user friendly it is hardly ever stored as fat by your body so I have found it very useful when starting a round of ketosis. Lots of people mix it with other fats so when its used up the other fat will be kicking in by then. I cant agree with tammy more about the boiled eggs. Eat as much as you need to right now. When I first started I didn't care about losing weight the first hurdle is to get past the carb battle. Once you get into ketosis you can start planning your meals around your plan. (Me too)
Old 04-22-2014, 08:38 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all!!! Do you guys want me to start a new thread for our new challenge?

Ok, so, last night was not good. I believe I was possessed the moment my feet walked through the door and something made me eat every single thing in the house. I was so sick when I went to bed last night, was not a perty site. I don't know what gets into me when I do that, I just don't get it.

Anyway..... on to today.

B: nf plain yogurt, blueberries, vanilla granola.
L: Turkey/swiss on ww with mustard and lettuce
D: Ziti, green beans (whole wheat ziti and 95% lean ground beef, low sodium tomato sauce). Still going to portion control this, maybe 2 T of the Ziti and more green beans.

Tammy, so far I haven't been able to tell a difference because I keep sabotaging myself. I do notice though that when I eat like I'm supposed to I don't have heartburn near as bad and I don't have that 'heavy' feeling after I eat like I want to lay down and not move for a week. LOL I'm curious to find out after a full week of eating on plan how I feel. I've also started moving a little more. I'm climbing the 3 flights of stairs every time I get the chance here at work, and although I can't breath enough to even talk when I'm to the top, I do it! Gotta get to walking now and start making it a habit.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tasha - hey, girl! I think a new thread would be great! As you can see, I decided to really get going on this. I am so sick of being uncomfortable and nothing fitting right
Old 04-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's our new challenge ladies!!!

Last edited by sueshe; 04-22-2014 at 09:36 AM..
Old 04-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

why won't it let me post the link?
Old 04-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!