Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
Hey, all!

Sorry I have been MIA - just been busy with month-end, boss has been up my ass. Finally, he is going to his house in the Keys for a MONTH!!

Been working out and trying to eat good - getting on scale tomorrow for sure.

I am going to New York in TWO MONTHs - need to get going here!

BBL
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgagemom View Post
I got a job

I stopped at our local golf course the other day to get DH and I on the list for a league and decided to ask if they needed help while I was there. I was hired on the spot - but doing something I've NEVER done before. I'll be tending bar at a local dive (literally) and filling in doing the same at the golf course. Total blow to my career ego but it's better than nothing!! Might even be fun

I had to take a servers class and apply for a couple licenses, but I should be ready to go next week. Meanwhile I helped out at the bar yesterday to start learning and will be at the golf course for a few hours this afternoon. It's less than 20 hours a week and pays lousy, but DH and I did get free golf last night with my new manager So I went from an Area Sales Manager with Capital One Auto Finance to bartender at the Sit n' Bull. LOL Life cracks me up!!
Yay Theresa, that's AWESOME!!! You know what, life is funny that way....I went from being a regional manager in Telecom making well into six figures to nothing over night when the telecom bubble burst on Wall Street....I ended up leasing apartments at an hourly rate I hadn't made since college....it was ridiculous, but just like you....better than nothing!! 5 years later I'm still in property management, but I moved up quickly and manage two communities.....I'm still not back into six figures, but the money is better and I actually really like what I do. My stepson has been a bartender for 10 years....he makes really decent money.....this might be a stepping stone to a new career that you really enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
Hey, all!

Sorry I have been MIA - just been busy with month-end, boss has been up my ass. Finally, he is going to his house in the Keys for a MONTH!!

Been working out and trying to eat good - getting on scale tomorrow for sure.

I am going to New York in TWO MONTHs - need to get going here!

BBL
At least your boss is gone for a month now....that ought to make life easier!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
Hi Tammy breakfast and lunch are good as always, dinner wasn't bad but could definitely be improved upon. I had plans to make hamburgers, even had my whole wheat buns, with no sugar added applesace and steamed broccoli. Well.....dd came over with the kids and I got to hold dgd#2 which I haven't done since last week, so as I was doing so, dh finished supper. Didn't know it until we went to eat but he added butter to the broccoli and also made carrots which would have been ok, but he added butter to that too. So....gotta teach him. LOL I have stopped taking my statins, today is day 2 without them. And just now finished up monthend YAY!!!!!! Doin the happy dance!!!

Theresa, hope everything is back to normal!

CHERRRRRRYYYYYLLLLL????

My scale Monday said 224.5.....this morning 223.5

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
Hey Ladies!

Theresa - CONGRATS on the new job. I was a bartender/server for about 5 years and out of all the jobs I ever had that was still my favorite. Loved the easy money and I loved meeting people and not having to work 40 hours a week! With your fun personality I think it is going to be great!

Tammy- I say buy a new scale! I step on mine sometimes back to back and it always reads the same number …even 3 times in a row …. Its digital

Tasha- YAY! Sounds like your new WOE is working…..

Oh by the way when I posted about that calorie tracker with barcode I put the name of it in the post and got a big no no from the administrator for this website …. Lol…..but yes the barcode scanning is pretty neat ….. wish I could tell you what it is

Ok so I have been “blah” on my diet. I have been strong at boot camp but I have been eating carbs like a bad girl. I think because I am starting my 6 week challenge on Monday I am trying to get things out of my system. The challenge is super strict so I have been enjoying some carbs before it starts. It shows on the scale though….. I know this weekend I will splurge too ….. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Kelly, LOOOOOVE the pic!!! You look like your having so much fun....and if that handsome cowboy is your hubby, then no wonder!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Wow! lots of posts. Theresa Great on the job! That type of job may turn out to be real fun and if not it may provide a great environment to network into something else. Kelly great picture. Good luck on your boot camp. Tasha there are lots of people who control there lipid numbers with diet and supplements, I have seen a lot of articles lately about inflammation being an underlying cause in most heart issues and there is lots of information out there.
Totally unnecessary, unsolicited information for the day.
About sugar free candy: Not all sweeteners are the same. They may be low in carbs but the glycemic index tells a different tale. Many low carb candys/bars can and will raise your BG usually over an extended period of time. Sugar alcohols are not all the same. I eat the choco perfection bars because they have a glycemic index of 0 and when they say 2 carbs they mean it. they taste like higher quality chocolate too. When you consume some sugar substitutes or certain types of sugar alcohols that feed bacteria in your intestines that are capable of digesting sugars (the same thing happens with beans) it causes gastric distress. Since the science of low carb is rooted in keeping insulin at a minimum these type of candys can stall you give you insuline spike except it usually will be delayed. They can also start cravings. Some protein shakes also not created equal. Some amino acid can cause insuline release specifically- leucine (may also be why dairy in excess can be more of a problem. Glutamine , BCAA'c can be used by the brain for fuel and while it might help with cravings it has an effect on insulin. So a protein shake designed for body building would potentially be higher in some of these aminos because your trying to bulk up and you want the muscles to take up nutrients. A steak is harder to convert to glucose than easy type proteins. Anyway I have done both of the above and live and learn. I knew there was a problem with the candy because I felt really unsatisfied but I kept going back to the bag. Ugh too sleepy to write more.
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:17 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mortgagemom
Stats: 218/212.8/145 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2014
Hi ladies!!

Eating is definitely going to be a challenge with the new job. Yesterday I ate a nice homemade vegetable beef soup before leaving, then nothing for the next 6 hours. At the end of my shift, my manager bought me a free "shift drink" and made some fresh popcorn. OMG - best tasting beer and popcorn ever!!! But that's not on plan!! I am on my feet all day, so that's something. Right now I'm overwhelmed, but I can see how this could be lots of fun

Kelly - your new pic is awesome! Please don't take bathroom revenge on me for saying your hubby is a cutie Oh, and I've been slapped on the wrist a few times by the moderators for posting links to recipes. I use the same app you're talking about.

Tasha - baby time is worth a little extra butter But I know how it can be when DH steps up to help and doesn't get it quite right. I hope you can find the right WOE to keep avoiding the meds. Good for you for taking a stand!!

Squash - thanks for the info on the sweeteners!! That's been something I've been trying to wrap my head around with so much conflicting info out there. I think we're all sensitive to different things as well, so trial and error is in order. I'm just not anxious to experience that "gastric distress" any time soon!

Gotta go - picking up my youngest DD from school this morning then heading to work. So glad I'm off tomorrow - I gotta work back up to this working stuff!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:01 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Tasha- how weird about the eye thing, had to go look at mine. Sounds like lots of research to do. Keep us informed! I am really interested.

Theresa- actually the job sounds great for keeping you running and active. Bonus! Congrats!

SF candy- dont ever want to relive that and I knew better but just couldnt get my hand out of the BAGS with an "S". Multiple BAGS!

Hoping for a new low this weekend just got rid of the tom bloat, I hate him. But Yea its friday!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Theresa on the job! Just goes to show you never knows what life is going to throw at you! Who knows, maybe you'll meet someone while bartending that will lead you to an awesome job!

Cheryl-glad bosses son is no longer up your ass.....bad mental pic :P Glad you're back on here again!

Kelly-good look on the 6 week challenge.....and I haven't started looking for an app yet, but probably will this weekend. That's happened before with me and the administrators....touchy touchy LOL

Hi to everyone!!!!

Dinner went well last night. No sweets which have been a sticking point for me. If I'm going to get my cholesterol down, have to nix the sweets in the bud. Was down another pound this morning, so that's a good thing So hard trying to change my train of thought from carbs to calories and cholesterol/fats.... Keep having to go over it in my head.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'm still on call. Dh has to work tomorrow, so will probably clean, if it doesn't rain, I'll work in the yard a little since the weather has been getting really nice the last few days, need to get all the leaves and limbs out of the flower beds....will need to remulch in a week or so. So awesome seeing flowers blooming and trees budding out. Most trees are still brown and dead looking but there are a few that have flower buds on them, so I'll take that !!!

Have a good one ladies!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies, TGIF!!!!

Squash, that is really interesting information on the sweeteners and sugar alcohols....thank you for sharing!! I find myself getting more interested in the science behind all of this as time goes on.

Theresa, if your bar is active as my stepson's you will be constantly moving....I think a little beer and popcorn now and then will be easily burned off!

Michelle, now that the evil TOM is gone and took it's bloat with it I'll bet you hit that new low! I'm STILL working to undo the 2 pounds that last weekends bourbon slapped me with, it very stubbornly refuses to leave!! I'm not entirely convinced that it's not my scale being wonky....so I ordered a new one from Amazon. I'm really excited, it looks very cool and it was the highest rated one that they had....over 180 five star reviews! Of course I realize the scale won't actually help me lose weight....but hopefully it will more accurately report my efforts!

Tasha, Good job on the dinner and cutting out sweets.....I do hope that this change in your WOE works for you!!! Yes retraining my brain around carbs again would be challenging indeed.....I know for me personally it would cause me to gain like crazy.....it's nice to see you losing weight with this change!

Well ladies, off to work, hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 04-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Another week down ladies. Is it really this close to Easter. Been good so far this weekend. Cooked up some salmon instead of cod for the next few days lunch. My ruhbarb plants have little nubs on them today so they should be sprouting soon.
Walked through the woods today looking for horn sheds, didn't find any but had fun anyway. I have geese and chickens and the chickens are laying steady now so lots of eggs to eat. Anyway hang in there everyone and enjoy the weekend
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squash View Post
Another week down ladies. Is it really this close to Easter. Been good so far this weekend. Cooked up some salmon instead of cod for the next few days lunch. My ruhbarb plants have little nubs on them today so they should be sprouting soon.
Walked through the woods today looking for horn sheds, didn't find any but had fun anyway. I have geese and chickens and the chickens are laying steady now so lots of eggs to eat. Anyway hang in there everyone and enjoy the weekend
Horn sheds??

Fresh eggs sound wonderful, you must have a nice plot of space for your garden and animals! When I was a kid there was a guy who lived in our neighborhood who had a pet rooster....you haven't lived until you've seen rooster running around with tube socks on his feet held up with rubber bands wrapped around his legs and a scarf wrapped around his neck.....I am seriously not kidding!!! The guy left a back window in his house open so the rooster could get in and out of the house as he wished,and the crazy bird used to love to tease all the dogs in the neighborhood. I wonder whatever happened to him?!?!?!

Well ladies, I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend, very lazy and relaxing here!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squash View Post
My husband is an avid horn hunter LOL....he is actually a little obsessed with it. We have a huge basket full of them in the living room. He is the only person I have ever seen that can be driving down the road and spot one in the middle of a field, pull over, get out, run over and get it.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

had a pretty uneventful weekend. Had a round with the potty yesterday for some reason. Not sure if it was the taco salad I had Saturday night maybe? Only thing I could think of, but it was not pretty

Have been doing ok food wise, hubby is not 100% onboard but he kinda has to eat what I fix or do without since I buy the groceries. Down another pound this morning to 221.0. I got into the Pringles yesterday Not the best in the world for 3.5 pounds since last Monday, but better than sitting still or going the other way!

B: Special K redberries, skim milk, 1 pc whole wheat toast with a smear of heart healthy butter.
L: 1/2 cp granola, Strawberry Greek lf yogurt, carrots
D: Parmesan chicken(whole wheat breading_very light), sauteed spinach, steamed cauliflower.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies!

It’s Monday. The first day of my 6 week challenge. First 3 days they call detox days and you can only eat fresh fruit and vegetables to clean out your system. Its rough but did make it to the 5 am boot camp class too. So it begins…… and I’m already starving….

Tammy- thanks!! Yes that is my hubby! We had a bunch of fun that day we were at our timeshare. That’s funny about your neighbor’s pet rooster. Tube socks….hysterical!

Theresa- thanks! I promise no bathroom revenge…lol

Tasha- It looks like this WOE is working for you! That’s awesome!

Hope everyone has a great Monday! Hoping I see a change in the scale soon!
kc15652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

whoops forgot to post

B- banana
S- lettuce and cucumber with oil and vinegar
L- broccoli
S- strawberries and grapes
D- green shake (spinch, strawberries and bananas in blender with ice)
Old 04-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies, Happy Monday!!

Tasha, love the new pic....you are soooo pretty!!! Can you tell that despite being raised in rural southern Missouri I am NOT a country girl......I had no clue that people actually collected horns?!?!?!

Kelly, OMG....boot camp at 5:00 am?!?! On only fruits and veggies?!?! Girl I am VERY impressed!!!

Theresa, how's the new job going??

Cheryl, how are you out there?!?!

How's everyone else doing? Everyone survive the weekend?? We had a great weekend here, eating was on plan and I managed to stay out of the bourbon....took some willpower, but I did it! I have some employee issues to contend with today....there are some employee issues that I have ONLY had to deal with in California....I'm calmer now than I was this weekend though....I was pretty hot under the color yesterday. Hey....I think that getting angry as heck at your employees and NOT killing them should count for extra calories burned.....right?!?!!? This rule could also apply to employers and family members as well......
Old 04-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Tasha, love the new pic....you are soooo pretty!!! Can you tell that despite being raised in rural southern Missouri I am NOT a country girl......I had no clue that people actually collected horns?!?!?!
Don't feel like the lonesome duck! I was raised in Florida and didn't know anything about it either until I met my husband. LOL I guess it's an acquired taste.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks Tammy I'm thinking that all those extra burned calories for not killing people(family, employers, co-workers, neighbors), whatever.....we should be SKINNY minnies!

I'm still trying to get into the swing of things, but getting better at this.

Today:

B: oatmeal, apple, cinnamon, skim milk
L: Triscuits, swiss cheese, apple
D: Chicken stir fry, brown rice

Hope everyone is having a great day! We had frost last night and a few snow flurries...freeze warning again for tonight. At the risk of sounding like a broken record..... WINTER GO AWAY!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

What a difference a new scale makes!!

Well I got my new scale last night!!!!! it's amazing what a difference a new scale can make!!!! I told you my last scale was being nuts....I changed batteries thinking that would help. It kept telling me that I had gained 3 pounds and I just KNEW that wasn't right......it wasn't possible....and I was right!! Not only was I NOT in that 3 pound swing....I'm 2 pounds LOWER than what that other piece of crap had been telling me!!! WOO HOO.....nice little whoosh! And the scale looks awesome too.....it has a very vintage / retro / modern vibe to it. My hubby said he'd never seen a scale that actually looked cool before!!

How is everyone??

Tasha, I think your new menu looks great....and you're losing so it must be working for you!

Kelly, how's boot camp going? Did you survive the detox???

Theresa....you must be crazy busy with the new job....I miss your humor first thing in the morning!

Cheryl....I am convinced you've run off with the trainer!

Hope everyone's having a great day!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy HUMP day everyone

Well, despite a cheat last night with pizza, I lost a half pound this morning. Having some grumbling tummy issues, but I have IBS, so have to find out what is causing the issues., maybe not enough water...

Cheryl.....I'm thinkin you were fibbin and Tammy is right, you told us your trainer wasn't hot so we wouldn't all rush down and grab him up ourselves LOL.....and you've been really busy with him yourself???

Theresa, how is the job going? I miss your humor too....

Today's menu:
B: Special K redberries with skim milk, whole wheat toast and a smear of butter
L: cottage cheese and no sugar added pears, granola
D: Spaghetti(ground turkey, whole wheat pasta, mushrooms and my homemade tomato sauce), greek salad

Hope everyone has a great day! It's windy here but the sun she is a shinin!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies!

I am on day 3 of detox and I am super hungry! Last night I went to bed at 7 pm because I was hungry and cranky and had to make the kids dinner that I wanted to eat super bad…lol …. A piece of grilled chicken will look like a pizza to me tomorrow! Down 3 pounds though so it’s working. My tough time will be this weekend. A 4 day weekend with hubby and the kids. They all love to eat but they get blessed with being thin and being able to eat anything…blah! Boot camp is great. I have a friend and we made a pact to meet every morning there at 5 am. It forces me to go otherwise I would have stayed in bed this morning!

How is everyone? Our bunny challenge is almost up. I feel like we might need to start another one?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

whoops hit send by accident

Tammy- WOOO HOOOO Congrats!! glad you got that new scale!! You'll have to post a pix of it.

Theresa- I agree with Tammy...we miss your jokes! How is the job going???

Tasha- Pizza sounds yummy! I think we need treats here and there to get us through this. Your dinner for tonight looks delicious too!!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, let me make this perfectly CLEAR - I AM NOT WITH MY TRAINER

I have no motivation so I don't want to bring you guys down......
Old 04-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
Ok, let me make this perfectly CLEAR - I AM NOT WITH MY TRAINER

I have no motivation so I don't want to bring you guys down......

I knew that would get you back in here. Come in here anyway.....want to hear from you! Maybe will give you the motivation you need!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay - I have no idea why I am not motivated. Summer will soon be here - going home to NY in less than 2 months. The Jazz Festival in August in Chicago, so WHAT IS MY FRIGGIN PROBLEM???

I am taking a 2 week break from my trainer (he exhausts me - lol) because my partner is going on a cruise. I am going to the gym tonight for cardio and weights - Doing LC is so hard for me right now - Have I whined enough???????
Old 04-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have found it a little easier for me with the calorie counting, by easier, I mean, not the ever insatiable desire to want what I can't have. There is no "can't" in my woe now. I can, just in small moderation. I'm also not losing as fast as I would have on lc, but how many times have I heard, over and over and over.....slow and steady wins the race. So.....giving it a try. I figure it can't hurt, I've not succeeded any other way, so may as well. At this time I can't even picture myself in shorts let alone a swimsuit, way too scary. I've also been battling with myself about unfreezing my tanning account and starting to tan again. I love to do it, but know it isn't good for me. Therein lies the battle. So I haven't gone yet.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! And um....Cheryl....in December we have to be ready for a thong, remember?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl I agree with Tasha just come back and visit us. We ALL go through ups and downs in our WOE but dont say you dont have motivation...you have been getting yourself to the workouts and it may not be diet motivation but to me workout motivation is just as hard.... and you got that!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

All this talk of pizza....have I shared with you my low carb pizza recipe with the cheese crust???? It's AMAZING and my family will request it over Pizza hut. (Not that Pizza hut is that special) It's ridiculously quick and easy...

Mix a couple of cups of shredded cheese (any kind, I usually mix Colby jack/ mozzarella / low fat cheddar) 2 or 3 eggs (depending on how much cheese and how many pizzas you're making) a healthy dash of Italian seasoning and garlic powder.....mix it all up with your hands until it's thoroughly mixed. Line a pizza pan or cookie sheet with wax paper (MUST use the wax paper) Pat the crust out as thin as you can on the wax paper, pop it on the oven at 425 degrees for about 10 - 12 minutes until it has started to turn golden. Pull it out, let it cool for just a couple of minutes then top it with whatever pizza topping and cheese you want. Put it back in the oven until it's bubbly and golden. Let it cool for just a few minutes and voila.....you WILL have a pizza that you can pick up and hold just like regular pizza....no guilt!!

Kelly, congrats on a 3 pound loss, that's FABULOUS!! Your boot camp really down sound like boot camp....I think you deserve MEGA points for that alone! I attached a picture of the scale.....weird to be so excited about a scale....but I am! And YES....I am all for keeping our group together after Easter, I love coming in and chatting with this group of ladies, I think you all are FABULOUS!

Cheryl, we've MISSED YOU!! I agree with Tasha.....keep coming in, we're here for you....motivated or not. We don't judge....and like Tasha said, maybe we can help motivate you!

Tasha, the fact that your new WOE doesn't "restrict" foods for you is really awesome....that should certainly make it sustainable for the long term. I agree with you on the tanning, I love it to but haven't done it in years.....have you looked into the spray tanning? That's not nearly the health hazard that traditional tanning is. I have also used on occasion and LOVE the Sally Hanson spray "hosiery" in the cosmetics aisle.....that stuff is AMAZING.....though it can be kind of messy when you spray it on.....it looks incredible though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 new scale.jpg (15.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, guys

I am really going to put on foot in front of the other and get moving on this - I wish I could write a food plan but that never works out.

Bunny challenge was a flop for me - so anyone up for a Memorial Day Meltdown????