Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
Been busy so I just wanted to come in quick and tell of you to BEHAVE and have a great weekend!
that's no fun Cheryl!
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgagemom View Post
Nothing new or exciting on my end. No thongs on my end either! I have enough trouble keeping my granny panties out of my crack, let alone purposely putting a string in there!!!
I'm afraid mine would be forever lost in the folds if a thong somehow found it's way to my body.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
Tammy, how do you make your flax muffins? Are they good? I bought some flax and never used it, was afraid of what the outcome would be. Once I start induction, I need to add some fiber badly!
This is the original recipe I found, I add approx. 1/4 - 1/3 C. Splenda to mine in addition to the other dry ingredients because I found the first batch to be a little tasteless. The second batch was much better. The next batch I make I'm going to add some baking cocoa and see if they come out like little brownies. They're very much like little bran muffins......so if you like bran muffins they're a winner!

FLAXMEAL CINNAMON MUFFINS
3 eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar free syrup, such as Da Vinci
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon (the amount is correct)

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. With a fork or spoon, beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla. In small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients, then stir into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups (without papers). Bake at 350║ 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and seem set to the touch. Remove from tin at once to cooling rack. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 12 muffins
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 85 Calories; 7g Fat; 4g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

I must warn you though.....as much as I like them, I think they caused a false gain....I bumped up two pounds with no other change in my WOE, so I've set them aside for now....however, they ARE quite tasty nice when you something "bready"

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Hey Tammy love that picture. May have to try those muffins when I start weaning myself off the flax oil. I intend to switch to seeds as soon as I get a coffee grinder.
Stuck to my diet today but feel a bit of cravings for something ?????
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:40 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Woke up hungry, having coffee, hope that kills it I am not a morning eater. That freak tom is on his way so its probably just him being himself.

Heading out with mom for a night out tomorrow will try to check in but she is chomping at the bit to get out of her 4 walls so she will want to hit the road early I am sure. I am planning on staying low carb, hope I do!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mortgagemom
Stats: 218/212.8/145 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
This is the original recipe I found, I add approx. 1/4 - 1/3 C. Splenda to mine in addition to the other dry ingredients because I found the first batch to be a little tasteless. The second batch was much better. The next batch I make I'm going to add some baking cocoa and see if they come out like little brownies. They're very much like little bran muffins......so if you like bran muffins they're a winner!

FLAXMEAL CINNAMON MUFFINS
3 eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup sugar free syrup, such as Da Vinci
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon (the amount is correct)

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. With a fork or spoon, beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla. In small bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients, then stir into egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups (without papers). Bake at 350║ 12-15 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and seem set to the touch. Remove from tin at once to cooling rack. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 12 muffins
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 85 Calories; 7g Fat; 4g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

I must warn you though.....as much as I like them, I think they caused a false gain....I bumped up two pounds with no other change in my WOE, so I've set them aside for now....however, they ARE quite tasty nice when you something "bready"
To make one muffin at a time or a "muffin in mug" MIM, the recipe I use is:

1 tsp oil or melted butter
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg

Variables: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp sweetener or to taste, 1 tsp cocoa powder, blueberries, etc.

Mix all in a coffee mug and microwave for 1 minute. (My microwave takes 1 1/2 minutes). Dump it out on a plate and enjoy!!
mortgagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm afraid mine would be forever lost in the folds if a thong somehow found it's way to my body.
Me too!!!!!

Squash, thanks....that's my hubby and son with me the other day at lunch, they're a pretty handsome pair if I do say so myself!

Michelle, hope your having a great night out with Mom, keep it as low carb as possible, you can do it!!

Theresa, I haven't made the MIM, I've always made the whole batch, but the recipe looks pretty darn similar.....I find them very tasty, but I put my last batch in the freezer to see if setting them aside gets rid of the bloat I picked up....I think my body isn't real fond of the flax!

Today has been a blissfully quiet, lazy day....we slept in super late and just hung out watching movies at home. Short of a little grocery shopping I didn't even go anywhere.....I love days like that!

How's everyone doing?? Any big plans this weekend?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:50 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Gotta get to the shower soon but am down a lb and just had to share. 2 lbs till I hit 70 lbs lost. woohoo
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Gotta get to the shower soon but am down a lb and just had to share. 2 lbs till I hit 70 lbs lost. woohoo
Michelle, 70 pounds is AMAZING!!!!! way to go girl!!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Wow Michelle!!!!! Congratulations! What an inspiration. Just what I needed today.
Tammy I know you go on about your son but I agree, that hubby is a looker too.

Well we can do it cant we. I wish I could convince people I know to give LC a try. I feel a lot better.
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squash View Post
Wow Michelle!!!!! Congratulations! What an inspiration. Just what I needed today.
Tammy I know you go on about your son but I agree, that hubby is a looker too.

Well we can do it cant we. I wish I could convince people I know to give LC a try. I feel a lot better.
Lol, thanks Squash! Oh trust me, I think my husband is VERRRRRY handsome, and heaven knows over the past 27 years I've had to beat enough women back....he's usually blessedly oblivious to their attempts....usually! Eventually they figure out he's a one woman man, and that woman is ME, so they go away!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Michelle - 70 lbs is about to happen!!!!! That is just the inspiration I needed to hear this morning!!

I have to confess - I WAS BAD, VERY VERY BAD THIS WEEKEND! Ugh!! It was my birthday Saturday and my oldest DD made me a frosted cupcake. She did the cupcake instead of a cake because she knows I'm dieting. How could I say no? Well, if that was the only thing I ate, it would be okay, but I didn't stop there! A couple old friends made a surprise visit and we all went to dinner. Then hubby and I went to a charity event yesterday and I continued my bad behavior I know I'll recover from this but right now I feel so bad about myself I don't even have the energy to hit on Tammy's husband

I refuse to get on the scale today, but I've re dedicated myself to a strict Atkins type induction with no dairy or sweeteners for the next couple of weeks.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all! Hope everyone had a good weekend! We had fairly mild weather and sunshine, so was nice for a change. Got my house cleaned, didn't see dgd's this weekend, really missed them after having spent so much time with them the last two weeks. Got my car vacuumed and cleaned out. Was going to wash it but they were calling for rain today and tomorrow, so didn't want to waste the $10. Raining on my way to work this morning, so.... good call

I've changed things up a little and have started going on a different woe. I'm going to test it for a while to see if it works and then will let you all in on what I'm doing. My eye doctor told me that the lighter colored rings around my iris' are caused from high cholesterol even though I'm on cholesterol meds. Scary stuff. May not stick with low carb, going to see how this works first and then decide.

Gotta run, boss came in, was here for about an hour, maybe less, then just came and told us he was leaving, wasn't feeling good. Hadn't said a word about it before this. Hmm.....wonder if this is related to it being the Cardinals opening day????

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
Old 04-07-2014, 08:03 AM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Theresa!!! Better late than never
Old 04-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Michelle - 70 lbs is about to happen!!!!! That is just the inspiration I needed to hear this morning!!

I have to confess - I WAS BAD, VERY VERY BAD THIS WEEKEND! Ugh!! It was my birthday Saturday and my oldest DD made me a frosted cupcake. She did the cupcake instead of a cake because she knows I'm dieting. How could I say no? Well, if that was the only thing I ate, it would be okay, but I didn't stop there! A couple old friends made a surprise visit and we all went to dinner. Then hubby and I went to a charity event yesterday and I continued my bad behavior I know I'll recover from this but right now I feel so bad about myself I don't even have the energy to hit on Tammy's husband

I refuse to get on the scale today, but I've re dedicated myself to a strict Atkins type induction with no dairy or sweeteners for the next couple of weeks.
Theresa, you're a nut and I love you!! Don't sweat the weekend, it was your birthday.....just start over clean this morning and keep moving forward.....you'll be fine!!

Tasha, I've never heard that about the lighter rings around the Iris being caused by cholesterol.....have you had your cholesterol checked lately? I hope whatever WOE you settle on works for you, please do share with us!!!

Well it was a very lazy weekend here, and I loved every minute of it!! I was great about my eating, but bad about the bourbon.....I have got to stop doing that to myself....it only sabotages my weight loss.....if only I could lose weight while occasionally indulging in bourbon this would be so much easier!!!

Oh well, it's Monday....back to work......lots of water to flush away the weekend! Have a great day ladies!!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post

Tasha, I've never heard that about the lighter rings around the Iris being caused by cholesterol.....have you had your cholesterol checked lately? I hope whatever WOE you settle on works for you, please do share with us!!!
Yeah, had my cholesterol checked in November(i'm on cholesterol meds), they said then it was 198 but that my good cholesterol was low and my triglycerides were extremely high. I had done a little research online about it but was really hoping that wasn't it.....but he confirmed it. I can see it really bad at the top, my eyes are kind of a blue/gray and the ring at the top is thicker and almost a milky white, but he said the ring actually goes all the way around my iris when he looks at it with the lights. I first thought it was just caused from wearing my contacts too long, but that wasn't it I guess. I'm actually doing what my primary care doc told me to by counting calories but trying not to be so artsy fartsy with the menus and keeping it to what dh likes also, just really watching portions. I've counted out for all my breakfasts and lunches and then kind of for suppers, but trying to keep calories below 1200 a day.....not really counting carbs, but trying to include the good carbs and watching my veggies with higher carbs(starches, etc), drinking lots of water and I am going to start walking tonight. I am going to walk every other day and on the days in between, climbing my stairs to the basement. After a while of that, I need to find something to do with my arms.....the batwings aren't gettin' it anymore. This is a little harder for me and takes more time for some reason for me to get the menus ironed out but hopefully after a while, I'll be used to it and will know the calorie counts like I do carb counts.

I'll go ahead and post my menus just to keep me accountable, I know you guys aren't following this, but will help me out to put it in print somewhere besides my fridge door.

B: 1 cp Special K Redberries, 1 cp skim milk, 1 pc whole wheat toast, 1 pat butter
L: 6 Olive oil and cracked pepper Triscuits, 6 slices sharp cheddar, 1 apple
D: Parmesan Chicken(chicken breast, marinara, mozzarella, no breading), oven roasted asparagus
Old 04-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning all! Hope everyone had a good weekend! We had fairly mild weather and sunshine, so was nice for a change. Got my house cleaned, didn't see dgd's this weekend, really missed them after having spent so much time with them the last two weeks. Got my car vacuumed and cleaned out. Was going to wash it but they were calling for rain today and tomorrow, so didn't want to waste the $10. Raining on my way to work this morning, so.... good call

I've changed things up a little and have started going on a different woe. I'm going to test it for a while to see if it works and then will let you all in on what I'm doing. My eye doctor told me that the lighter colored rings around my iris' are caused from high cholesterol even though I'm on cholesterol meds. Scary stuff. May not stick with low carb, going to see how this works first and then decide.

Gotta run, boss came in, was here for about an hour, maybe less, then just came and told us he was leaving, wasn't feeling good. Hadn't said a word about it before this. Hmm.....wonder if this is related to it being the Cardinals opening day????

Tasha - I'm so sorry hear about your cholesterol levels. When reading your post I was reminded of something said the in 'Fat Head' video (on You Tube) about how women shouldn't take statins. I hate to throw confusing and contradictory info your way, but felt you might want to check it out for yourself. Below is a link to an article on the subject as well. Whatever you decide, I hope it works!

Why Women Should Stop Their Cholesterol Lowering Medication - Dr. Mark Hyman
Old 04-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

I did good yesterday and am sitting here with my BFC to start off this morning I decided to squeeze in a two day Fat Fast since my DH is working 12 hour shifts the next two days. I'm scouring the Internet for recipes that don't include dairy. Here's what I have so far:

B: BFC
L: 2 hard boiled egg yolks with 1 tbsp mayo
S: 1 oz macadamia nuts

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Tasha - I'm so sorry hear about your cholesterol levels. When reading your post I was reminded of something said the in 'Fat Head' video (on You Tube) about how women shouldn't take statins. I hate to throw confusing and contradictory info your way, but felt you might want to check it out for yourself. Below is a link to an article on the subject as well. Whatever you decide, I hope it works!

Why Women Should Stop Their Cholesterol Lowering Medication - Dr. Mark Hyman
thank you for this so much! I brought this up to my physician because I had heard that women shouldn't take statins and she told me that that was from years ago and it was perfectly safe. I couldn't find anywhere that it stated it was perfectly safe but also couldn't find out why for women. This article clearly states why! Will not be taking that any more!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I did good yesterday and am sitting here with my BFC to start off this morning I decided to squeeze in a two day Fat Fast since my DH is working 12 hour shifts the next two days. I'm scouring the Internet for recipes that don't include dairy. Here's what I have so far:

B: BFC
L: 2 hard boiled egg yolks with 1 tbsp mayo
S: 1 oz macadamia nuts

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
Theresa, I'm doing a Fat Fast too to get rid of the last effects of the weekends bourbon! On my Fat fast days I usually have at least 2 or 3 BPC's and teas....I'll have a coup of broth with butter stirred into it.....my fat fast days are better when they're primarily liquid. Do you use a food journal online to track your calories and ratio's? It's much easier when you do because you can see how the fat ratio is holding up. I played around with my food journal and if you took your menu above and added 3 strips of bacon, another ounce of macadamias and 2 more BPC's throughout the course of the day you'd end up at 1010 calories and 89% fat. (depends largely on what you put into your BPC....mine are made with 1t butter, 1t coconut oil and 1T coconut cream) The main thing is get as much coconut oil and butter into everything you eat and drink today....it will keep your fat ratios high. Good luck!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
thank you for this so much! I brought this up to my physician because I had heard that women shouldn't take statins and she told me that that was from years ago and it was perfectly safe. I couldn't find anywhere that it stated it was perfectly safe but also couldn't find out why for women. This article clearly states why! Will not be taking that any more!
Tasha, while I completely respect all of the education and training that doctors have to go through I just find them more frustrating than helpful!! Anymore I REFUSE to go see a general practitioner, and prefer to stick to specialists....and that's only when I absolutely MUST go. I just really don't trust them very much. I think you should listen to your body and do your own research and then do what YOU feel is best for YOU.....you know far more about your body than anyone else!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kc15652
Stats: 195/180/145
WOE: LC LF
Start Date: January 2014
Hi Ladies!

How is everyone? I had a great weekend but I am with Theresa I was BAD this weekend. back on track today. Starting that strict diet challenge at my boot camp on the 14th ( monday) so i think I have been keeping that in the back of my mind and then it makes me splurge on the weekends. Not good but I am motivated today to go right back on it. Hoping if I drink a ton of water it will come off.

So I weighed in at 181. Hoping to get in the 170's. I was on saturday morning and then i blew it

Tammy- LOVE the new photo. You are right you have 2 very good lookign men in that pix with you

Tasha- I use to count calories and use an online tracker. It was neat becasue you could actually scan the barcode of the food package with your phone and it would put in the calories for you. Check it out

B- almonds
S- 2 hard boiled eggs
L- salad with a thin cut grilled pork chop
D- protein shake
Old 04-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Kelly, I hadn't thought of that, I'll look for one.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Try a fat fast she said. Have 2-3 BPC's she said. Mostly liquid works for me she said. Well, I'm here to tell you that Tammy is evil!! Okay, so I made one reference to her husband being good looking and she took revenge on me in a BIG way!! I did her little fat fast yesterday but after a BPC in the morning and a cup of fat topped broth for lunch, I just couldn't choke down any more fat with my afternoon BPC. So I had a small taco salad on top of chopped lettuce for dinner. That's when I realized the depth of Tammy's dark side. About 1/2 hour after eating, let's just say I spent the next 4 hours spending quality time in my bathroom!! OH MY, I'm pretty sure at one point I nearly turned inside out through my intestines! Then I log on here this morning and see she's updated her profile pic. Looking all pretty sitting there in her fancy office with that smug little grin that says, "yeah, I've got a hot husband at home sunbathing on the beach, and you can't have him!!" She was not kidding when it comes to protecting her man!! Oh, but I did lose 1.2 pounds

Ummm, needless to say I won't be continuing the fast today. I need to work up my fat tolerance. But now I'm afraid to eat!! LOL!!

PS - you know I ya Tammy!!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Try a fat fast she said. Have 2-3 BPC's she said. Mostly liquid works for me she said. Well, I'm here to tell you that Tammy is evil!! Okay, so I made one reference to her husband being good looking and she took revenge on me in a BIG way!! I did her little fat fast yesterday but after a BPC in the morning and a cup of fat topped broth for lunch, I just couldn't choke down any more fat with my afternoon BPC. So I had a small taco salad on top of chopped lettuce for dinner. That's when I realized the depth of Tammy's dark side. About 1/2 hour after eating, let's just say I spent the next 4 hours spending quality time in my bathroom!! OH MY, I'm pretty sure at one point I nearly turned inside out through my intestines! Then I log on here this morning and see she's updated her profile pic. Looking all pretty sitting there in her fancy office with that smug little grin that says, "yeah, I've got a hot husband at home sunbathing on the beach, and you can't have him!!" She was not kidding when it comes to protecting her man!! Oh, but I did lose 1.2 pounds

Ummm, needless to say I won't be continuing the fast today. I need to work up my fat tolerance. But now I'm afraid to eat!! LOL!!

I know it's not a laughing matter.....but sorry I had to laugh. Sorry about the potty issues......hope it goes away soon! I have Irritable Bowel, so I have to be VERY careful with stuff like that.....tears me up!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:39 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all.....have to make this short and quick, trying to wrap up month end, so much to do today! Hope everyone is doing well, ......I know Theresa's not.....

I've been digging around trying to figure out what to eat that my dh will eat. I've added some new things to my breakfast menus that looked pretty yummy. Got to reading up on things to do to lower my cholesterol naturally through diet and exercise instead of the pill, stopped taking it beginning today. Going to be some big changes going on in our household.....just have to make it seamless so that dh doesn't grumble too much. He is def a meat/potatoes kinda guy and his Mom is one of those honest to goodness country cooks....everythings fried, creamed and battered with loads of sugar, etc.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

OMG, Theresa, I literally have tears running down my face!!! Ok, so perhaps one should NOT mix salad greens and super high fat....and granted....perhaps one should ease their fat intake up a tad before venturing into such high fat range....but damn girl, that was FUNNY!!!! Next time, increase your protein, not your greens....you'll have better results, but hey.....1.2 pounds lost is not bad for a single day....at least no one say you're full of crap!!! I have honestly never heard of anyone reporting that particular *uhm* side effect.....but I do know that I am personally can be verrrry sensitive to salad greens. Here's another one for you.....NEVER eat 3 pieces or more of the sugar free chocolates in a single sitting (Whitmans, See's, etc) The results ARE brutal!!!! Don't say I never warned ya! I love you too!!

Tasha, good luck with month end, I know how stressful that can be! Good luck with the research and the menu changes, I know that you'll make the right choices!!

Well I'm slowly undoing the temporary damage that the weekends bourbon dalliance did to my scale......and I managed to avoid Pizza, Frozen Yogurt and more bourbon last night despite my family's dinner decisions....the scale rewarded me ever so slightly this morning by reducing SOME of the weekends gain. The wedding is two weeks from TOMORROW.....so I need to be really good for the next two weeks.....fortunately my dress fits well and emphasizes all the right things while minimizing all the wrong things....but I really need to abstain from ANY alcohol until then.

Well ladies, how's everyone else doing???
Old 04-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Tammy I did that once with the sugar free chocolates....it was not perty!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!

Tasha, how's the new WOE coming?? I know you're probably still knee deep in month end, that can be very stressful.....good luck!

Theresa, I'm afraid to ask how you're feeling today????

Kelly, your online tracker has a bar scan app??? That's AWESOME...I use an online tracker too, but it doesn't have that app....I will have to look for that.

Cheryl, how are you doing???? Did you run off with that *hot* trainer of yours???

Well the scale is still being a JERK due to my bourbon escapade over the weekend. I have been really good all week, still in ketosis, but it's really punishing me.....wants to bounce up and down in a 3 point window. I put new batteries in it because it is doing this really weird thing where I can step on it 3 times and get a different weight each time, but even with new batteries it's still doing it....maybe I need a new scale???
Old 04-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

I got a job

I stopped at our local golf course the other day to get DH and I on the list for a league and decided to ask if they needed help while I was there. I was hired on the spot - but doing something I've NEVER done before. I'll be tending bar at a local dive (literally) and filling in doing the same at the golf course. Total blow to my career ego but it's better than nothing!! Might even be fun

I had to take a servers class and apply for a couple licenses, but I should be ready to go next week. Meanwhile I helped out at the bar yesterday to start learning and will be at the golf course for a few hours this afternoon. It's less than 20 hours a week and pays lousy, but DH and I did get free golf last night with my new manager So I went from an Area Sales Manager with Capital One Auto Finance to bartender at the Sit n' Bull. LOL Life cracks me up!!